PDA

View Full Version : Royal wedding: Kate and William to visit Canada

redred
02-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Prince William and Kate Middleton will make their first official overseas trip as a married couple to Canada in late June, St James's Palace has said.
The royal couple are expected to travel across the Commonwealth nation during their visit from 30 June to 8 July.
They will visit Alberta, the Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and the capital, Ottawa.
Canadian PM Stephen Harper said it was a testament to Canada's "very close relationship with the Royal Family".
He invited the couple to Canada after they announced their engagement in November.
A spokesman for St James's Palace said: "Prince William was pleased to accept an invitation on his and Miss Middleton's behalf from the government of Canada.
"Prince William was keen to be able to visit Canada for himself as an adult, and to be able to show his wife a country that is close to his family's heart."
William, 28, and Kate, 29, will marry at Westminster Abbey on 29 April.
During their first official trip, it is believed the Prince and his royal bride will take part in Canada Day celebrations in Ottawa on 1 July.
Mr Harper, who is likely to host an official banquet in their honour, said he hoped their tour would be "the start of a lasting relationship with Canada by the royal couple".
"Canada looks forward to welcoming the young couple this summer and providing them with all that our country has to offer - including, of course, the special hospitality and warmth reserved for members of the Royal Family," he said.
William visited the Commonwealth country in 1998 aged 15, touring Vancouver with his father the Prince of Wales and brother Prince Harry.
The Queen visited Canada last July, and in 2009, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall spent 11 days there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12485015

just fancy using the canada icon :lol:

Godfather
02-20-2011, 06:41 PM
The North West Territories?!?!?! :lol:

Now usually when people think of Canada they think: Cold, desolate, toothless Inuits. And generally they're wrong, ignoring the fact we have some fairly large and beautiful cities, deserts, and all types of flora and fauna.

But the NWT's is exactly that. A hell-holes where the Native communities have more ways to get high than you want to know. Blunt but true. (My new favorite story is about 'diesel buns')

People really should talk to a Canadian before visiting. It's a huge country and there are places you don't need to see, or don't want to be in one season or another. I had cousins who end up renting a cabin for three weeks in Williams Lake in the Fall :rofl: They didn't ask us before booking. Morons.....

Godfather
02-20-2011, 06:50 PM
:rofl: I forgot to mention... the radio station here agreed that a trip to the NWT's was pretty hilarious. So they've been phoning people up there in the smallest towns (keeping in mind even the capital is tiny).

They asked one guy what the Prince and Kate should do, I'll paraphrase.

"Uhhh well... there's uhh... not much to do here...... I don't know where they will stay. There's a motel but it's closed right now. I guess they could stay with me. I'm not sure what they will eat. Most of the food is store bought and flown in. We have lots of meat but we're not supposed to sell meat we have hunted." "What will they do up here? I'm not sure... they could uhhh... go for walks"

It went on like that for a while.....

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.canada-adventures-guide.com/northwestterritories.html

:D

Godfather
02-20-2011, 07:14 PM
That's great an all... but you can do that all up at Whistler and then come back to the Fairmont or Shangri La and shop on Robson, eat great sushi or do a dozen other cool things they don't have in the hell-hole up north. Skiing, eating fresh food, seeing sober human beings. :lol:

Or you can stay in a motel in the NWT's :shock: