PDA

View Full Version : Here's one of the biggest reasons Ron Paul has no chance.

FBD
09-13-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.breitbart.tv/ron-paul-loudly-booed-after-blaming-us-foreign-policy-for-terrorist-attcks/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

“This whole idea that the whole Muslim world is responsible for this and they are attacking us because we are free and prosperous, that is just not true. Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda have been explicit. . . they have been explicit and they wrote and said that “we attacked America because you had bases on our holy land in Saudi Arabia, you do not give Palestinians fair treatment and you have been bombing (audience boos). . . I didn’t say that. I’m trying to get you to understand what the motive was behind the bombing. At the same time we had been bombing and killing hundreds of thousands of Iraqis for ten years. Would you be annoyed? If you’re not annoyed then there’s some problem.”

Bin Laden responds from before the grave:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/osama-bin-laden-video-terror-threats-warns-capitalization/story?id=14507258

“And it seems that the path to stop the hegemony of capitalism is to carry out a real radical change that will help you liberate — not to liberate Iraq from Saddam Hussein — but to liberate the White House so that Barack Hussein will be liberated and with him, everyone else from the hegemony of these corporations.,” he says in the approximately six-minute address. “Peace be upon those who head the advice.”

Seriously, Ron - if you looked at foreign policy as objectively as you look at domestic policy, you'd be electable.

KevinD
09-13-2011, 05:29 PM
So you are saying that our foreign policy actions didn't directly lead to Islamic extremist/terrorist Hating "The Great White Satan"?

Note: I do like Ron's stance on a few issues, (but not all of them) nor do I believe he is electable. I think he has a very valid point in this video, but the PTB doesn't want that view expounded on.

Acid Trip
09-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Paul is too smart to get elected by the complete idiots we call "the voting public".

A majority of people don't want to think for themselves, they'd rather government did it for them. Limited government folks (aka Constitutionalists) are few and far between I'm afraid.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Paul is too smart to get elected by the complete idiots we call "the voting public".

A majority of people don't want to think for themselves, they'd rather government did it for them. Limited government folks (aka Constitutionalists) are few and far between I'm afraid.

I'm an informed voter and I can't vote for Paul strictly based on his foreign policy. So that makes me an 'idiot'?

PorkChopSandwiches
09-13-2011, 07:20 PM
yes

KevinD
09-13-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm an informed voter and I can't vote for Paul strictly based on his foreign policy. So that makes me an 'idiot'?

Serious question: What part of his foreign policy do you disagree with?

Again, I'm not a 100% supporter of him. TBH I don't follow him to much.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-13-2011, 07:37 PM
yes

Whatever you say Obama boy ;)

Serious question: What part of his foreign policy do you disagree with?

Again, I'm not a 100% supporter of him. TBH I don't follow him to much.

Isolationism....worked great in between WWI and WWII, didn't it?

Loser
09-13-2011, 07:39 PM
politics....

:theyareontome:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-13-2011, 07:40 PM
politics....

:theyareontome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-MMZX27nUo&ob=av2n

PorkChopSandwiches
09-13-2011, 07:41 PM

http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0014/0D/89/0D89D14AC900E0DB4986F2_Large.jpg

KevinD
09-13-2011, 07:41 PM
I wasn't aware that he's an isolationist. I thought he just believed in not sticking our nose where it doesn't belong. Guess I got some more reading to do.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-13-2011, 07:47 PM
I wasn't aware that he's an isolationist. I thought he just believed in not sticking our nose where it doesn't belong. Guess I got some more reading to do.

There is a part of me that wishes we could become isolationist again....seeing how most of the world complains about anything we do, no matter what it is. Next time there's a natural disaster somewhere, it would be great to see these countries have to beg China for help, let's see how far that gets them. Or next time a country like Kuwait gets invaded by a foreign power, maybe they could ask Russia for help.

KevinD
09-13-2011, 07:53 PM
I agree....It's like everyone wants to bash on the ole US until they need help, then they got them hands straight out.

Acid Trip
09-13-2011, 08:41 PM

Isolationism....worked great in between WWI and WWII, didn't it?

He's not an isolationist. He believes we need to secure our country and stop meddling in the business of others. That doesn't mean we can't speak out against things we believe are wrong, but do we have to have troops/bases in 150 countries world wide to do that? Absolutely not.

FBD
09-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Regardless of the level of isolationism inherent in his beliefs, the opening statement was pure unadulterated willful ignorance of one's enemy and he rightly got booed like crazy for it, because we cant say someone with such a long record was simply naive. He's cooked, there is absolutely no way he's winning the nomination.

FBD
09-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Sorry Ron, but

"nukes? nobody uses nukes. they're not going to use them, that would be crazy."

is just a piss poor angle.

“Well, I don’t want them to have a nuclear weapon. I don’t want Pakistan to have them. I don’t want any of them to have them,” Paul said. “But I also understand it. And also to put it into perspective, If Iran gets a nuclear weapon, why are they more dangerous to us than the Soviet system was when they had 30,000? And we were able to live with that.”

Comparing communists, who cared about self preservation, with radical Islamists, who dont give two shits if they are vaporized and actually want to bring about the world war conditions that are necessary for the 12th imam prophecy...

Its not quite felony stupid, but its rolling some serious dice.