PDA

View Full Version : Meth or beer? Colorado Springs police investigate ‘odor’

Teh One Who Knocks
09-13-2011, 09:29 PM
The Colorado Springs Gazette

A resident of a central Colorado Springs apartment complex brewed up more than a batch of lager Monday when a manager thought the man was making meth instead of beer.

A Hazardous Material crew evacuated the apartments at 2400 Tremont Street after a manager called to report finding two buckets giving off an odor during a routine inspection.

A small group of residents were evacuated while Hazmat investigated and determined that the 5-gallon buckets contained nothing more harmful than home brew.

Residents were allowed back inside after about 45 minutes.

Griffin
09-13-2011, 09:51 PM
well, that batch is ruined!

I'm currently enjoying a home brewed Cerveza though.

Hal-9000
09-13-2011, 10:04 PM
mmmmmm, smells like meth in the air :)

how would a normal person know? :lol:

Acid Trip
09-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Anyone who has ever smelled meth being cooked would instantly know the difference. The smell is horrific and if you inhale enough fumes you'll get jacked just as if you had done a line. Meth cooking also causes the paint on the walls to change color/crack and wallpaper to peel.

I've smelled brewing beer too and the smells are so far apart there is no way to confuse one with the other.

Hal-9000
09-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Anyone who has ever smelled meth being cooked would instantly know the difference. The smell is horrific and if you inhale enough fumes you'll get jacked just as if you had done a line. Meth cooking also causes the paint on the walls to change color/crack and wallpaper to peel.

I've smelled brewing beer too and the smells are so far apart there is no way to confuse one with the other.

That being said, how many average people know what the smell of meth cooking is like? Or beer for that matter...

JoeyB
09-13-2011, 11:00 PM
mmmmmm, smells like meth in the air :)

how would a normal person know? :lol:

Find a normal person and we'll ask him.