PDA

View Full Version : You Snooze, You Lose! American Jobs Act goes R

FBD
09-15-2011, 11:07 AM
:rofl: that's the kind of thing that happens when you come up with a bill so disgusting that even your own team doesnt want to bring the steaming shit pile into the building, much less up for a vote :lol:

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/09/14/conservative-nabs-naming-rights-to-american-jobs-act-after-obama-delay/

President Obama repeatedly asked members of Congress to pass the American Jobs Act last week. But when no Democrat filed Obama’s bill after he presented it to Congress, a conservative congressman swiped the name for his own legislation.

The American Jobs Act introduced in the House of Representatives looks quite different from the version President Obama outlined in his speech to Congress. Instead of hiking taxes on working Americans to pay for another stimulus, Rep. Louie Gohmert’s (R-TX) legislation offers a tax cut.

UPDATE: Gohmert’s bill now has a number. It’s HR 2911.

Text of the legislation is below.

Acid Trip
09-15-2011, 02:17 PM
:rofl: That's funny.

Muddy
09-15-2011, 03:29 PM
So whats this new bill funded with? HR 2911

FBD
09-15-2011, 04:39 PM
So whats this new bill funded with? HR 2911

what do you mean, what's the bill funded with? general tax dollars fund the writing of bills ;) as well as whatever the hell else congressmen do.

:razz:

Muddy
09-15-2011, 04:41 PM
what do you mean, what's the bill funded with? general tax dollars fund the writing of bills ;) as well as whatever the hell else congressmen do.

:razz:

So what makes it different?

FBD
09-15-2011, 04:46 PM
:lol: yadda...yes, I was making the point that the entire considering of payments is upside down. scaling back :razz: eliminating corporate taxes would trigger a readjustment of prices.

KevinD
09-16-2011, 12:35 AM
Well, I actually took the time to read HR2911. One of the shorter pieces of legislation I've ever seen. LOL

Basically (if this is real) it proposes to repeal ALL corporate income tax.
I suppose the thinking would be if corporations don't have to pay any tax, they can hire more employees. Somehow, I don't think it would work that way. hahaha

Southern Belle
09-16-2011, 12:38 AM
idiots

FBD
09-16-2011, 11:40 AM
I took it as symbolic - as having every bit the chance of passing as Obummer's "jobs" bill :dance: That's not a small amount of money we're talking and if we're just going to "piss it away" we might as well piss it away somewhere that it might actually have an impact on people's lives. (talking normal people's lives, not public sector union mafiosos.)