PDA

View Full Version : Breasts are a moral ‘threat’: Court rules topless sunbathing violates 'public sensibilities'

Teh One Who Knocks
09-15-2011, 05:15 PM
By Thomas Durante - The Daily Mail

http://i.imgur.com/mwaxE.jpg

An artist crusading for the right to sunbathe topless in New Jersey beach town has lost her bid after an appeals panel ruled baring breasts violates 'the public's moral sensibilities.'

Phoenix Feeley, aka Jill Coccaro, won a settlement for going topless in New York City six years ago, but must keep covered in the Garden State.

The two-judge panel - one male and one female - ruled Wednesday against Ms Coccaro's challenge to Spring Lake's public nudity law.

On June 28, 2008, Ms Feeley was sunbathing topless when she was approached by a police officer who asked her to put her top back on.

When she refused, she was arrested and taken to the police headquarters, where she was given a T-shirt to cover up and released.

But a short time later, the same officer was called to an intersection near the police station, where Feeley had taken off the shirt and was walking around topless.

The shirt she had been given was found hanging by the entrance to the police department.

Ms Feeley's argument: If men can do it, why can’t she?

The court, however, dismissed her argument that the town's public nudity law discriminated against women because men can go topless.

The court said 'restrictions on the exposure of the female breast are supported by the important governmental interest in safeguarding the public's moral sensibilities.'

A Spring Lake visitor's guide posted on SpringLake.org boasts that the seaside town offers its residents and vacationers 'an unhurried atmosphere of gracious living.'

Most states have laws against public nudity, with some more strict than others.

In New Jersey, it’s illegal to expose genitals or breasts in front of children under 13 or a person with a mental illness.

Breast-feeding mothers are usually exempt from the state laws.

Ms Coccaro is no stranger to legal brawls over her breasts.

In 2005, she won a $29,000 settlement in 2007 after she was charged briefly with indecent exposure in New York City in 2005.

She had sued, reminding the city about a New York Supreme Court ruling that says women can go topless in public.

New York in particular is a hotbed for the public nudity debate. The city plays host annually to a naked bike ride and the famous 'No-Pants Subway Ride.'

Artist Andy Golub painted a nude model on two separate dates last month in the city's Times Square, one of which was carted off to jail.

Also last month, the Outdoor Co-Ed Topless Pulp Fiction Appreciation Society conducted various naked reading events in various NYC parks.

Joebob034
09-15-2011, 05:20 PM
I agree breasts make me do stupid things

PorkChopSandwiches
09-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Everyone is so fucking up tight, every single person in the world from day one has seen breasts....and dare I say....suckled

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2011, 06:11 PM
I think it's fuckin' hilarious that New Jersey courts actually believe that there are moral sensibilities in that state.

Acid Trip
09-15-2011, 06:44 PM
I think it's fuckin' hilarious that New Jersey courts actually believe that there are moral sensibilities in that state.

I was thinking the same thing.

SmoothBob
09-15-2011, 09:45 PM
'the public's moral sensibilities'

fuck off and die. jesus i fuckin hate these people. u r sucking the life out of people u soul sucking life destroying leeching fucking vampires go and fucking die.

Oh and where the pics of this fine fine upstanding citizen?

Softdreamer
09-15-2011, 09:56 PM
With all the fucked up things in America that happen. Public boobies are an issues???

JoeyB
09-15-2011, 10:08 PM
With all the fucked up things in America that happen. Public boobies are an issues???

Certain segments of our populace actually feel that sex (or, what they consider abnormal sex), is a greater threat to the country than war, the economy, or other more tangible issues. Look at what happened with the Janet Jackson nipple-gate incident.

It's not all of us though. When other countries think of uptight, sexually repressed Americans, they are envisioning one vocal group in our society, not everyone.

Oh, and I love this from the New Jersey laws:

"In New Jersey, it’s illegal to expose genitals or breasts in front of children under 13 or a person with a mental illness."

I guess you need to make sure everyone around you is 100% mentally sound before you pop a tit out.

Speaking as a mentally ill person, I find the sight of naked breasts oddly soothing, and calming.

SmoothBob
09-15-2011, 11:06 PM
The things i find craziest about our two countries shows most in movies/tv etc, in America its guns guns and HBO for titties on tv. Nudity can be censored but violence ok, in Britain titties are everywhere on tv and in movies but the violence is censored! Bruce Lee for example, for years the ninchuk's were cut from Enter The Dragon, because it was felt it would be too easy for the public to make as a weapon!

Over here titties and titilation is part of the culture, considered saucy in the 70's ha ha! Bennie Hill! Legend! Chased by ladies wi big boobies every episode! Page 3 is a British Institution! I Love it! :D

But a woman showing her boobies causing moral outrage?

Just realised i forgot my train of thought, was distracted thinking about boobies!

Gods i could look at them all day :drool:

If i was a woman i'd stay at home all day playing with them. What is the facination? No idea...

deebakes
09-16-2011, 12:03 AM
:bs:

Acid Trip
09-16-2011, 02:28 PM
The things i find craziest about our two countries shows most in movies/tv etc, in America its guns guns and HBO for titties on tv. Nudity can be censored but violence ok, in Britain titties are everywhere on tv and in movies but the violence is censored! Bruce Lee for example, for years the ninchuk's were cut from Enter The Dragon, because it was felt it would be too easy for the public to make as a weapon!

In Europe they prefer everyone be unarmed to be equal. In the US we are equal when we're all armed.

Softdreamer
09-16-2011, 09:25 PM
In Europe they prefer everyone be unarmed to be equal. In the US we are equal when we're all armed.

Wrong!

Some European countries have a higher gun ownership rate than America.
We just prefer to think that a gun is a weapon, not an extension of your penis.

Not having a weapon does not mean castration.

Hal-9000
09-16-2011, 09:50 PM
It's kinda weird...like what I call the gynecologist syndrome.

I don't ever want women to go around with their boobs hanging out because then it would become a commonplace, meh sorta thing.
I like the mystery and the sexuality when the girls finally do release the hounds :face:

JoeyB
09-16-2011, 10:09 PM

Over here titties and titilation is part of the culture, considered saucy in the 70's ha ha! Bennie Hill! Legend! Chased by ladies wi big boobies every episode! Page 3 is a British Institution! I Love it! :D

But a woman showing her boobies causing moral outrage?

Just realised i forgot my train of thought, was distracted thinking about boobies!

Gods i could look at them all day :drool:

If i was a woman i'd stay at home all day playing with them. What is the facination? No idea...

The producers of the James Bond films talked about a peculiar problem they had in the 1960's when the series was starting out. The films were made in Britain but America was the biggest box office in the world, so the moral sensibilities of both countries needed to be carefully addressed.

So they submitted the films to the ratings board in each country and waited for the feedback. He pointed out that no matter how much violence they included in the films, the American censors never had a complaint, but every single sexual reference and moment of sensuality was carefully scrutinized, down to the frame.

Whereas in Britain, the censors never had a complaint no matter how much sex was in the film, but every single frame of violence was carefully scrutinized...

He also expressed surprise and pleasure that they were allowed by the Americans to use 'Pussy Galore' as a name in Goldfinger.