PDA

View Full Version : Barack Who? Wyclef Jean now a 'huge' Sarah Palin fan

Teh One Who Knocks
09-16-2011, 05:26 PM
FOX411 Entertainment Blog

http://i.imgur.com/Tq21v.jpg

Former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin has found political support from a surprising source: former Fugees star Wyclef Jean.

“I have to tell you this: I am a huge fan of Sarah Palin,” Jean told WWD at a party hosted by Donna Karan this week. “Cause she’s rad. She’s shrewd. She’s cool. Because at the end of the day, I’m for the people, because this is the United States of America…this is what America’s really about. Anyone should have the right to say, ‘Look I can do the job and this is what qualifies me to do the job.’….Now my wife probably will debate and disagree with me.”

Despite once admitting to MTV that he was a “(President) Obama groupie from the very beginning,” the musician says he finds a kindred spirit in Palin.

“I’m not saying she could be the next president, you know, but there’s something about her,” he said. “Heavy debates in my house. Whenever I say Sarah Palin, people think I’m crazy, but I like her, I do. I can like whoever. This is America, right?”

Jean said he admires Palin’s maverick spirit and approach to politics, which makes sense. The musician attempted to run for president of his native Haiti last year before being disqualified.

“If I can’t take five years out to serve my country as President then everything I’ve been singing about, like equal rights, doesn’t mean anything,” he told Time magazine.

And the Haitian ambassador-at-large (“I have a diplomatic passport,” he says) says he has no plans to shy away from politics.

“I want to be part of a different kind of celebrity,” he told Time. “One that thinks not just about charity, but policy.”

Palin/Jean 2012?

Muddy
09-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Good on ya' Wyclef... Kudos for being honest..

PorkChopSandwiches
09-16-2011, 05:57 PM
I take his opinion very seriously.

:roll:

RBP
09-16-2011, 05:58 PM

Haitir!

Teh One Who Knocks
09-16-2011, 06:13 PM

I bet you loved his opinion back when both of you were aboard the Hope and Change Express in 2008 :dance:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-16-2011, 06:13 PM
:lol:

FBD
09-16-2011, 08:49 PM
:mrgreen:

deebakes
09-16-2011, 10:44 PM
is this now because it came out that palin boned glen rice from the miami heat back in the day? :-k