PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor's giant sign no joke to house seller

Teh One Who Knocks
09-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Written by Jeffrey Wolf - 9News Colorado

http://i.imgur.com/PzsLI.png

BRIGHTON - It's tough enough to sell a house in this economy even if your neighbor hasn't posted a 12-foot-tall sign with red lettering warning off prospective home buyers.

The house in question is a three bedroom, three bathroom home on horse property in the Greatrock North subdivision in Adams County near Brighton.

Realtor Renee LeLonde, who represents the seller, says there should be no problem moving the property because of the neighborhood's desirability. But there's a problem. You can see it from the master bedroom's window.

"The house is never going to sell with the sign," she said.

"The sign" is plastered in blockish red letters on the side of a neighbor's RV. It reads, "Warning: 3 Rottweilers, Loud Parties, Loud Music, Loud Cars, Anti-Horse, Fireworks."

The sign belongs to Titus Terranova.

"I think I covered the bases," he said with a smile.

"This is how he's chosen to introduce himself to his prospective next-door neighbors or, as he said, "Kinda warning people what's at this house."

"Let's make sure we're all going to live around each other and be happy," he said. "I feel like if I make it pretty clear what's over here, you know, if you don't like that, don't buy this house. Move onto the next one."

The way Terranova sees it, he likes to have a good time but he's not breaking the law. While his home is his sanctuary, it is not a monastery by any means. Terranova enjoys a house party and isn't shy about it.

"It's part of why I moved out here," he said.

This is his piece of America and he was there first.

"As far as I know, that thing right up there on that pole," he said pointing to the large American flag fluttering above his home, "gives me right to do whatever I want to do unless I hurt somebody else."

Of course, the folks next door say they are being hurt by this and they have no legal recourse.

"Why does he get to pick and choose who buys a property that he does not own?"LeLonde said. "The sign needs to come down."

The Adams County Sheriff's Department said it has responded to several recent calls in the neighborhood, including a complaint that another sign posted by Terranova had been stolen. Two other calls were related to a noise complaint and a report of an illegal burn.

Terranova insists he can be a perfect neighbor, but that seems contingent on whether the new buyers fit his own definition of a perfect neighbor.

"This story right here may find a buyer for that house. I mean, that's the simple truth to it. There's guys like me all over the place out here! I'm not the only one," he said.

9NEWS asked Terranova if he is willing to buy the house himself. What way he alone could determine who lives there.

The seller is willing to have him buy it, but Terranova said the asking price is too high.

Muddy
09-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Truth in advertising...

MrsM
09-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Sure he has rights - but he's a total asshole.

If I was the seller - I would sell it to a biker gang or sell it as a half way house.

Muddy
09-21-2011, 01:13 PM

Agreed..

deebakes
09-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Wow...

JoeyB
09-21-2011, 11:09 PM

If I was the seller - I would sell it to a biker gang or sell it as a half way house.

Agreed..

Seconded...umm, thirded.

And what the fuck is up with including the phrase "Anti Horse"????

Hal-9000
09-21-2011, 11:10 PM
it means - Amish have no business here, move along

DemonGeminiX
09-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Loud Parties + Loud Music = Disturbing the Peace or at the very least violating the local noise ordinance if one exists.

Hal-9000
09-22-2011, 12:39 AM
In one sense he may be actually saving prospective buyers from future headaches living next to him..

Godfather
09-22-2011, 01:13 AM

:lol: Agreed.

Hal-9000
09-22-2011, 01:16 AM
I'd move next to him and start an alligator farm :) Complete with tours and feeding times

Muddy
09-22-2011, 12:20 PM
It's pretty obvious why the owner is selling...

Teh One Who Knocks
09-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Seconded...umm, thirded.

And what the fuck is up with including the phrase "Anti Horse"????

It's out in a more rural area and I think the story on TV mentioned there was a barn or something similar on the property that's for sale where you could keep a horse. It looks like a sizable property on TV

JoeyB
09-22-2011, 09:11 PM
It's out in a more rural area and I think the story on TV mentioned there was a barn or something similar on the property that's for sale where you could keep a horse. It looks like a sizable property on TV

Oh, that's just classic. This douchebag wants to make sure his new neighbour will tolerate whatever shit he does on his property, but he is not willing to tolerate a horse being kept on the new neighbours property?

So...he is saying "I'm loud, I do as I please, and you will deal with it. However, you are not allowed to do what you like on your land in return".

This guy is far more the douchebag than I originally realized.