PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry's Florida Co-Chair: Gays Cause Tornadoes

Teh One Who Knocks
09-23-2011, 01:48 AM
By Tim Murphy - Mother Jones

http://i.imgur.com/h9qPr.png

Earlier this week, Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced his leadership team for the "Presidency 5" straw poll in Florida, scheduled for October. Although most of the other major candidates have decided to skip the event, Perry is hoping a strong showing there will give him a boost ahead of the state's important early primary. So what's his strategy for voter outreach? It looks a lot like The Response, the prayer and fasting festival he organized in August at a football stadium in Houston.

Take, for instance, his new co-chair: Pam Olsen, founder of the Tallahassee House of Prayer (dubbed the "prayer lady" in her home state for reasons that should be self-evident) and a leading anti-abortion activist in the state. As Right Wing Watch notes, though, Olsen also believes that gay marriage, and its increasing acceptance among American Christians, is causing destructive natural disasters across the country. Here's what she said back in July:

God is shaking. If anybody looks at the news and has just seen what's been happening recently with the floods, the fires, the tornadoes, God is shaking. Yeah I think you have God shaking, sure you have the Enemy shaking, you have both and I don't want to say oh that's the judgment of God or that's the Enemy. But the reality is God is judging us, and I think it's going to get worse.

It's somewhat unclear why Texas, whose governor supports criminalizing gay sex, would be punished with raging wildfires for having too high a tolerance for gay rights. But Olsen's view is wholly consistent with Perry's other allies on the religious right. The Response, you'll recall, featured a number of controversial pastors who believed that, among other things, 9/11 was God's way of punishing America for tolerating homosexuality and the blackbirds that died suddenly in Arkansas last winter were a harbinger of the End Times.

Loser
09-23-2011, 02:40 AM
God is shaking. If anybody looks at the news and has just seen what's been happening recently with the floods, the fires, the tornadoes, God is shaking. Yeah I think you have God shaking, sure you have the Enemy shaking, you have both and I don't want to say oh that's the judgment of God or that's the Enemy. But the reality is God is judging us, and I think it's going to get worse.

I'm sorry, but is there more to this quote by her? Where does she specify gay marriage? I mean, this could just as easily pushed in any direction.

Hal-9000
09-23-2011, 03:06 AM
I recall the original quote..there was some latitude, but she did mention gay marriage and getting punished.

It's Christians like that who give me testicular gyrations.If you believe in a higher power, don't pretend that you know what pisses Him off... or if a storm is His wrath or merely a weather system moving through the area.
How could you know if He is the almighty? You are devo and not much more, know your place here on Earth.

JoeyB
09-23-2011, 04:33 AM
I recall the original quote..there was some latitude, but she did mention gay marriage and getting punished.

It's Christians like that who give me testicular gyrations.If you believe in a higher power, don't pretend that you know what pisses Him off... or if a storm is His wrath or merely a weather system moving through the area.
How could you know if He is the almighty? You are devo and not much more, know your place here on Earth.

It was like when the East coast had all those problems a month ago and they claimed it was because we were 'spending too much' and God wanted us to cut the budget or some shit of that nature.

These so called Christians are actually hardline conservatives abusing the religious faith of their followers in an attempt to cause some sort of political action. And hell has a special spot waiting for these people.

I've mentioned this before, but every time there is a disaster, I wait for the 'God did this because' BS to appear.

DemonGeminiX
09-23-2011, 06:39 AM
Aren't the ones that declare these ridiculous things usually the ones that turn out to be gay themselves?

:-k

JoeyB
09-23-2011, 06:46 AM
Aren't the ones that declare these ridiculous things usually the ones that turn out to be gay themselves?

:-k

We are always what we hate the most. I for instance, am Hal.

Loser
09-23-2011, 10:06 AM
That can't be true, I'm not a paedophile or platypus :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
09-23-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm sorry, but is there more to this quote by her? Where does she specify gay marriage? I mean, this could just as easily pushed in any direction.

Ask and ye shall receive ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRb7DxP54es

Arkady Renko
09-23-2011, 11:17 AM
I suppose she completely misunderstood the term "blowjob"

PorkChopSandwiches
09-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Its good to see the Perry campaign falling apart

Teh One Who Knocks
09-23-2011, 02:29 PM

He will have God smite you for saying things like that :nono:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-23-2011, 02:32 PM
I'm scared. Its real scary when people running for president don't believe in science.

MrsM
09-23-2011, 02:34 PM
I'm scared. Its real scary when people running for president don't believe in science.

I agree

Muddy
09-23-2011, 02:41 PM
I always secretly knew the gays were responsible for that last hurricane we had.. :x

Acid Trip
09-23-2011, 02:48 PM

Cain and Paul for 2012. An actual business man + Politician who believes in the Constitution = Success

PorkChopSandwiches
09-23-2011, 02:58 PM
You dont have to sell me ;)

Muddy
09-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Porky, I aint takin' your fuckin' recommendations any more!! :lol: :razz: