PDA

View Full Version : Woman goes ballistic after roommate digs into her Thin Mints

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2011, 12:39 AM
The Naples Daily News

http://i.imgur.com/8z0T5.jpg

A box of Girl Scout cookies landed one Collier County woman in jail this weekend.

Hersha C. Howard, 31, Ambrosia Lane, Golden Gate Estates, was arrested Sunday by Collier deputies in the 7000 block of Ambrosia Lane. She was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after a fight with another woman over a box of Thin Mints.

According to police reports Howard came into her roommate's bedroom while she was sleeping and accused her of eating her cookies. The woman said she had given the cookies to Howard's children who were up, and hungry, at 1 a.m.

The woman offered Howard $10 to pay for the cookies, but reports say Howard refused and the two women began to argue. The argument became physical and the woman's husband pulled Howard off her, while she ran from the room.

Reports say Howard picked up a pair of scissors and followed the woman in a threatening manner. The woman ran down the stairs, but reports say Howard dropped the scissors and picked up a board and struck her as she ran down the stairs.

The woman then ran to the kitchen, where Howard followed her, knocked her to the ground and continued to hit her. The husband separated them again, allowing the woman to run out of the house. Howard, reports say, followed and picked up a sign and began to strike the woman again.

Howard was arrested and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Godfather
02-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Collier County is Florida again isn't it :rofl:

Those girl guide cookies don't come around all year we should keep in mind. They're not in Safeway...

Oreos she could forgive I'm sure... but Girl Guide Cookies are the Mercedes Benz of the cookie world.

Hal-9000
02-22-2011, 06:46 AM
a board and scissors :lol:

Hal-9000
02-23-2011, 04:46 PM
I know it's going to sound like I'm America-bashing (and I am)

One thing I've learned on the net....you don't come between Americans and their food! :lol:

McNuggets, KFC and now Girl Guide cookie theft can lead to injury or death

Max
02-23-2011, 05:37 PM
I know it's going to sound like I'm America-bashing (and I am)

One thing I've learned on the net....you don't come between Americans and their food! :lol:

McNuggets, KFC and now Girl Guide cookie theft can lead to injury or death

I think generalizing about a country with over 300 million diverse people is foolhardy...even for a Canadian...LMAO (hugs HAL)

Hal-9000
02-23-2011, 05:40 PM
I think generalizing about a country with over 300 million diverse people is foolhardy...even for a Canadian...LMAO (hugs HAL)

I saw that..

if I had a dime for every time someone made a Canuck reference...

I'm serious Max....over the past year I've been watching these news stories and Americans go ballistic when food is involved :lol: Moreso at the drive thru's but still...
there is a trend and it is disturbing

Max
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM
I saw that..

I'm serious Max....over the past year I've been watching these news stories and Americans go ballistic when food is involved :lol: Moreso at the drive thru's but still...
there is a trend and it is disturbing

I think if you look at these types of events on a broader scale, you'll see that americans tend to go postal over a great many trivial matters...not just food. One might say the stress of the times could be contributing to it, but I think it's more a matter of the intelligence (or lack of) of the people involved. One looks at some of the individuals doing this crazy shit, and it becomes clear that they're shoe sizes are usually larger than their IQs.

KevinD
02-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Man, my dyslexia kicked in hard on this thread tittle, I thought it was "Woman goes ballistic after roommate digs into her Mini Thins"

Godfather
02-23-2011, 07:44 PM

It's not that ridiculous... 8 millions Americans were in the Justice system either in Jail, Prison, Probation or Parole last year :P

I'm kidding, but I don't think you recognize how many of these stories we hear a week... I swear half the state of Florida has done hard time for a fast-food related meltdown :lol: It's bizarre

:lol: True. But I think in any silly Canada v America debates we're all about even.

It's all just goodhearted teasing!

Teh One Who Knocks
02-23-2011, 07:55 PM
It's not that ridiculous... 8 millions Americans were in the Justice system either in Jail, Prison, Probation or Parole last year :P

That number seems low :-k

Godfather
02-23-2011, 07:59 PM
That number seems low :-k

Could be wrong, just whipped it off Wikipedia

But that's like 1:35 or something :lol: I thought it was crazy high!

Hal-9000
02-24-2011, 01:21 AM
nope..I still contend there's been an uprise of the crazy food stories :lol:

Yes people are crazy in general Max and I have no statistical proof....I'm seeing more and more violent stories
lately and they all involve something serious like a Big Mac or a drive thru order gone horrible wrong :lol: