PDA

View Full Version : Did CBS get "punk'd" by Ashton Kutcher?

fricnjay
09-28-2011, 09:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gxR8I.jpg

Did CBS get "punk'd" by Ashton Kutcher? The actor used his massive exposure on the sitcom "Two And A Half Men" to stealthily promote his personal tech investments. Kutcher, who replaced Charlie Sheen on the show, plays Internet billionaire Walden Schmidt. In this week's episode, Kutcher's laptop was covered in stickers for the tech companies Foursquare (the location "check-in" site), Flipboard (the iPad news aggregator), Hipmunk (the travel searcher), and Chegg (the textbook rental service). Well, it just so happens that those are all companies that Kutcher has invested in. Coincidence? CBS thinks not. It's not happy about the product placement because the companies got it for free. A lot of eyeballs saw those stickers. That episode alone drew 20 million viewers, a huge number, though down from the 28.7 million viewers who watched last week's premiere. Foursquare CEO Dennis Crowley was thrilled. During the episode, he tweeted a screenshot of the laptop saying, "Check out @aplusk showing some @foursquare & @GroupMe laptop-sticker love on Two & a Half Men." CBS says unless the companies pay up, the stickers will be blurred out in future shows. But should CBS have seen this coming? Kutcher is notorious for promoting products he's invested in. Last month when he guest-edited Details Magazine, Kutcher got flak for praising companies that he has invested in, without being up-front about his involvement. Kutcher also often tweets about products to his 7 million followers, and there were nearly 30 product placements in his last film, "No Strings Attached."

PorkChopSandwiches
09-28-2011, 09:07 PM
It fuckin sucks now

fricnjay
09-28-2011, 09:08 PM
How can you threaten to blur out something if they dont pay when its your fault you were to ignorant to catch it in the first place? That is such a douche bag move on there part. So he got one by on ya, man up and admit it. Greedy bastards.

Hal-9000
09-28-2011, 09:11 PM
they already got punk'd agreeing to pay him the multi millions for the sitcom....don't get me wrong, I think he's a funny guy...just not that special..

Loser
09-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Told ya'll it would fucking flop

deebakes
09-29-2011, 01:10 AM
:rip:

Joebob034
09-29-2011, 04:16 AM
It fuckin sucks now

now?

Godfather
09-29-2011, 04:39 AM