PDA

View Full Version : Radio Station Bans Carrie Underwood After Husband's Hockey Trade

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/jK1Vy.jpg

Don't expect to hear "Before He Cheats" or "Casanova Cowboy" on Kiss 105.3 FM -- ever.

The Ottawa radio station banned all Carrie Underwood songs from its airwaves after her hockey star husband, native Canadian Mike Fisher, was traded from the Ottawa Senators to her hometown's Nashville Predators.

Kiss 105.3 called the big-time move a "betrayal to our community" and charged that he "was lured away from Ottawa by a country-music superstar."

But maybe they weren't serious? Fisher, 30, isn't amused.

"I heard about it right away and Carrie heard about it and she was extremely disappointed and frustrated," the star athlete told the Vancouver Sun. "I think they meant it as a joke that really wasn't funny."

"I don't know if it was for attention or not, but obviously Carrie had nothing to do with the move or the trade or anything so to imply something like that was just wrong," said Fisher, who wed Underwood, 27, in rural Georgia in July.

As for the move to Nashville? "To be honest, I was praying a few days before about it," he says.

"I was just so frustrated and said 'God, if you have me go somewhere take care of it, look after it,' and he sure did that," Fisher revealed.

And life in the country music capital is great, he added. "He put me in a place I was comfortable with and I think that's part of reason that this is the place I'm supposed to be and that's comforting for sure."

Godfather
02-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Bahah :lol: Like a small-scale LeBron free-agency deal... pissed the entire city off

Joebob034
02-23-2011, 04:04 PM
I move to make that a rule for all radio stations

Hal-9000
02-23-2011, 04:08 PM
if she showed her ass or nipples every once in awhile, I'd listen to her music

Teh One Who Knocks
02-23-2011, 04:10 PM
I move to make that a rule for all radio stations

Carrie is awesome :slap:

Joebob034
02-23-2011, 04:15 PM
awesome looking yes, but I'm not a big country music fan

Hal-9000
02-23-2011, 04:20 PM
she needs to do a bukkake video to gain some credibility

Max
02-23-2011, 05:23 PM
Carrie has a great sound...and I'm one who generally HATES country music. She also looks great in a bikini, and that makes her okay in my book.

http://i51.tinypic.com/3492pox.jpg

Godfather
02-23-2011, 07:14 PM
I agree she's a babe and seems like a pretty talented singers.... but I don't like that twang of country music... it's sooooo cheesy and never changes :lol:

That song Before He Cheats!? Paaaainful