PDA

View Full Version : Man's Facebook message to woman: "I could have chopped you up"

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2011, 11:19 PM
By NICOLE MARSHALL - The Tulsa World Staff Writer

http://i.imgur.com/XwTcd.jpg

PAWNEE - A Terlton man was arrested Thursday on allegations that he sent threatening Facebook messages to a woman with whom he went to high school 15 years ago.

Travis Levi Taylor, 31, was booked into the Pawnee County Jail on complaints of threatening acts of violence by electronic device and possession of paraphernalia, Pawnee County Chief Deputy Clinton Stout said.

In addition, "an ongoing investigation is being conducted involving Taylor for the crime of conspiracy to commit murder," Stout said.

The victim, Elexis Hennigh of Stillwater, went to school with Taylor in Mannford. She said he contacted her on Facebook in August and started sending messages in November asking her to go on dates with him.

Hennigh said she was flattered at first and eventually agreed to go out with him. But her father came to town, so she canceled the date.

She did not attempt to reschedule, and after seeing some comments Taylor posted that she found to be profane and demeaning to women, she deleted him from her Facebook friends.

A few weeks later, she accepted another friend request from Taylor, thinking she had gotten the point across that she was displeased by the comments. She also sent messages telling him that she wanted only to be friends with him.

Hennigh said Taylor continued to pursue her and that she continued to send messages asking him to stop.

On Tuesday night, she received a message that she says led to the arrest and to authorities' search of Taylor's home in Terlton.

Copies of what Hennigh said were transcripts of the message he sent her contain graphic statements. The writer of the message says he is obsessed with Hennigh and that he followed her into the woods one night when her vehicle got stuck.

The writer stated: "I could have chopped you up. Nobody ever would have known. I could have slit your throat. And drank your blood."

The message then becomes increasingly sexually graphic and violent.

Hennigh said she remembers a time in high school when Taylor might have picked her up when her car broke down, but that would have been 15 years ago.

After receiving Tuesday's message, she again deleted Taylor from her Facebook friends and filed for a protective order in Payne County, where she lives.

Pawnee County deputies arrested Taylor after searching his residence and interviewing him Thursday.

Hal-9000
02-22-2011, 11:26 PM
that's the hard part about electronic harassment...they have to prove that it was a specific user that typed the offending notes.If the accused can prove that their pc can be accessed by more than one person, a good lawyer can get them off