PDA

View Full Version : Survivor South Pacific

Hal-9000
09-30-2011, 11:28 PM
I've watched every Survivor since the first season and it is the ONLY reality show that I will tune in for.

For 39 days you have to build your own shelter, find food daily and build a fire from scratch to survive.The physical portion is beyond difficult.Average weight loss is from 14 pounds to 22 pounds in just over a month.The best shelter features palm fronds for a roof and bamboo poles to sleep on.

The physiological/social game is where the game really shines.If you're lazy or difficult to get along with, or inept in challenges...you get sent home.

This time around, the returning players are Coach and Ozzy, two of my favorites :thumbsup:

JoeyB
09-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Coach is awesome...the dragon slayer is one of the few people who plays with integrity.

Russell, the opposite of Coach, also was really interesting. A lovable rogue, a love to hate him type, whatever you saw in him he was entertaining. That said, his nephew seems to possess something of Russell's dark side but perhaps not the cleverness that made his uncle such a force to be reckoned with. Also, instead of cozying up to the prime ass, he seems determined to get rid of it. Hint: sending temptation home will not prove your fidelity...it just means you can't face temptation.

'Woody Allen' is suddenly looking like he may have a dark side too...

I feel for Papa Bear. Mostly because I always get along with actual bears (SAN FRAN sort, such as he).

Ozzie(y?) annoys me, I can't quantify why yet...

Hal-9000
10-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Hanz's nephew is a mess.He's pretty much saying that Mikaela is a temptation of the flesh and hates her for no reason other than he has self control issues.She was strong and confident building the shelter as well as being a physical player in the challenges.His perception of things is completely skewed, like when he said - She came at me like a bulldog, accusing me of blah blah blah.She did not :lol: I don't like that he uses religion as a false moral compass and that he calls creepy team meetings every other hour.That past episode was hilarious, him creepin peeks at her every chance he gets while his voiceover says - She's bad news, she has to leave, I don't like her......while he fondles his crotch hiding in the foilage.

Coach is impressing me this season.That Christine person has done nothing but insult and put him down since they arrived.And he just laughs it off.I would have said something to her before this point if I was him.

In past Survivors, Ozzy was one of those few players who actually started looking better after a few weeks and seemed to really adapt to the physicality of the challenges as well as living in the jungle.Only a handful of players have done that.It's hard to explain other than they look healthy, happy and physically better after 21 days or so and are usually in for the long haul.Amanda Kimmel would be in that category, one of my favorite Survivor players and future wife.IMO she's hot beyond belief.

Ozzy reminds me of a vacant supermodel :lol: He seems to have no linguistic skills other than - Ungowa Cheetah?. I like him as a player but laugh at his lack of simple conversational skills.When Dawn (?), the older woman was crying, his 'therapeutic pep talk' was making me laugh my ass off...

I think Cochrane will bear down and become quite serious in the coming days..

Yt Trash
10-01-2011, 04:02 AM
I went to School with Christine (Opulu) who's currently in Redemption Island. I graduated with her Brother and my wife actually Graduated with Her. I know her personally and she's playing true to character. That's how she is in real life. Real Bitch and calls people out. Girl was so clueless in High School, had a real Identity Crisis. She caught quite a bit of flack from her close friends for going on the show.

I've caught the show in the past here and there, but we're watching it this season because of Christine.

Hal-9000
10-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I went to School with Christine (Opulu) who's currently in Redemption Island. I graduated with her Brother and my wife actually Graduated with Her. I know her personally and she's playing true to character. That's how she is in real life. Real Bitch and calls people out. Girl was so clueless in High School, had a real Identity Crisis. She caught quite a bit of flack from her close friends for going on the show.

I've caught the show in the past here and there, but we're watching it this season because of Christine.

That's great :lol:

I've never understood the thought processes of some people.She's done nothing but insult a returning veteran of the show, each time she opens her mouth.And then wonders why no one likes her :lol:
It's like they're oblivious to their own venom and think it's A-OK to put down everyone around them.

Coach gets a check mark from me, just for the way he's not being baited by her ignorant (and untrue) comments.

JoeyB
10-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Coach is the awesome. If I ever did Survivor, I would only do it as part of his tribe.

And the luxury item I would bring would be a massive box of Baking Soda. Shit can do anything.

Hal-9000
10-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Do they still get to bring luxury items? We don't hear much about it anymore.

Last I remember was Colby Donaldson bringing a Texas flag that they used for a roof on their shelter...bright boy :thumbsup:

JoeyB
10-01-2011, 09:18 PM
I assume they get one...I mean, I've only been watching since "fans vs favorites"...so if I know about it, it had to still be used fairly recently.

Hal-9000
10-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I recall one of the contestants put out a book...could have been that cutie Colleen Haskell from the very first Survivor.Burnett the producer was all over that and stopped any Survivors from talking about the mechanics of the show.
That's what I want to read....what is allowed, what isn't, how are bathroom issues handled etc.

I have read snippets from other cast members telling how they never got to talk with fellow contestants until they arrived at the location, how hard it actually is trying to sleep out there, how boring it gets off camera and how the challenges are handled.Both tribes are situated miles apart, if not on separate islands and they don't ever see Jeff until the challenges or Tribal Council.Apparently the producers take a real hands off approach with the cast, no talking to cameramen, too bad if you haven't eaten in 3 days, that sort of thing.

I find it fascinating how they keep them segregated and in the dark about all aspects of the upcoming game.They never tell them last names or what the person does back in the States for a job, school or homemaker.

Yt Trash
10-01-2011, 10:32 PM
What I find fascinating is that the few times I've seen it, never once do you see any crew or camera or sound/boom guy at all. Who ever edits it does a fantastic job of keeping the behind the scenes unseen.

Hal-9000
10-02-2011, 04:47 PM
I predict that Hanz's nephew will have a meltdown and embarrass himself even more than Russell did

Hal-9000
10-03-2011, 10:36 PM
The Survivor hottie...

Each season features one or two babes, who retain the babe status even after 5 weeks of not showering, brushing their teeth etc.
Any candidates for this one?

JoeyB
10-03-2011, 10:53 PM
The Survivor hottie...

Each season features one or two babes, who retain the babe status even after 5 weeks of not showering, brushing their teeth etc.
Any candidates for this one?

Mikayla, obviously, she's insanely fit and anyone who can make a Hantz guy lose his shit has something going for her.

Edna? (The Asian lady, I think that is her name). She looks good...

And, I can't explain why exactly, but Dawn seems attractive...maybe it's because she's just a year older than me and I like to see women my age who still look decent.

All of that said...your comment hits on something that always grosses me out. How are these people fucking? Seriously? I get twitchy sitting next to someone who hasn't flossed in a couple of days. All I can assume is that they get together in spite of the stench in the way guys fuck each other in prison. It's all you have and hormones take over? Still, eww.

This is one more reason I would bring baking soda...it works as a toothpaste, it works (brilliantly) as an underarm deodorant, and it also can be used to clean your hair. And all those bite marks and sweat included acne we see on people? A dab of water and baking soda makes a paste that will heal them.

Hal-9000
10-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah Mikayla has that natural sex appeal/strength thing going for her :thumbsup:

I like to think of behind the scenes stuff too...
Let's do the math, any woman who is out there more than 28 days will get hit by the curse.Aunt Flo.The Crimson Tide...
That has to be uncomfy if they don't get a supply of pads n pons? Not only for everyday life around camp but also in the challenges.

And yes the stench...various survivors have commented that the funk gets pretty bad starting on around day 5.....day 37 has to be disgusting :lol:

JoeyB
10-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Yeah Mikayla has that natural sex appeal/strength thing going for her :thumbsup:

I like to think of behind the scenes stuff too...
Let's do the math, any woman who is out there more than 28 days will get hit by the curse.Aunt Flo.The Crimson Tide...
That has to be uncomfy if they don't get a supply of pads n pons? Not only for everyday life around camp but also in the challenges.

And yes the stench...various survivors have commented that the funk gets pretty bad starting on around day 5.....day 37 has to be disgusting :lol:

Well there is a disgusting thought I didn't need. And I guess they could even be hit twice if unlucky...

I've always assumed (to go back to something you talked about a few posts up) that there are latrine areas and probably hand soap at those locations. I also assume you can only use that soap to clean your hands after you shit. So, probably they do have lady thingies available as well. And possibly condoms.

But, they have to have some sort of sanitary bathroom practices or everyone would have Salmonella or E Coli poisoning before the show ends.

I know they have to boil their drinking water though, so I suspect the bathroom hand washing would be absolutely the only concession the producers make.

On a side note, apparently in an earlier season somebody passed out and fell into a campfire and the cameraman did nothing. And the producer stated that if the cameraman had helped, he would have fired him. Did you ever hear about any of this? Seems cold.

Hal-9000
10-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Well there is a disgusting thought I didn't need. And I guess they could even be hit twice if unlucky...

I've always assumed (to go back to something you talked about a few posts up) that there are latrine areas and probably hand soap at those locations. I also assume you can only use that soap to clean your hands after you shit. So, probably they do have lady thingies available as well. And possibly condoms.

But, they have to have some sort of sanitary bathroom practices or everyone would have Salmonella or E Coli poisoning before the show ends.

I know they have to boil their drinking water though, so I suspect the bathroom hand washing would be absolutely the only concession the producers make.

On a side note, apparently in an earlier season somebody passed out and fell into a campfire and the cameraman did nothing. And the producer stated that if the cameraman had helped, he would have fired him. Did you ever hear about any of this? Seems cold.

On one season, they all went to the food auction.Are you familiar? Everyone gets 500 bucks and Jeff rolls out everything from double cheeseburgers to a pile of ant poo, hidden under covers so the contestants don't know what they're bidding on.They are told they have to eat the auction items while there, so of course they gorge themselves.In this particular case the people were saying that they all ate tons of food, then all of them had to go take emergency dumps in the jungle, using leaves as T.P.It literally happened within 20 minutes of the auction finishing.

Apparently this happens with the human body.If you eat nothing but a gram of rice and 5 ounces of water a day, for 14 days straight, the next time you eat anything of substance, it all runs right through you.On that season they did discuss the leaves and having to dump in the jungle, so I'm not sure they have actual latrines and handwashing areas.

Regarding Survivor 3 (Australia) yes a contestant named Michael was tending the fire one morning, after being on the Survivor diet for a few days.He was a big, in-shape guy and fell face first into the fire.They airlifted him outta there and he never returned to the game.He was ok with some minor burns on his hands.

The thing that disappointed me about the incident is that Burnett was interviewed and he went on record saying - If any cameraman interferes or tries to help a Survivor, I'll personally kill him with my bare hands.I have to temper that comment with Burnett's past as an SAS soldier and well as him drumming up PR for the show.If a contestant is in distress, apparently the cameramen are to notify the producers/Jeff/the medical team.

JoeyB
10-03-2011, 11:39 PM
I like what Burnett makes, I watch a number of his shows, but every time I hear anything about him as a person he comes off as a massive douchebag.

Hal-9000
10-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Agreed about Burnett.I always laugh at people who watch Big Brother and say how superior it is to Survivor....they're in a house with walls, heating, bedding and food ffs...and the entire template is lifted right from Survivor.

In fact any reality show pales in comparison to Survivor.It's true Lord of the Flies time in terms of a social experiment and personalities.And the way the game is set up with first having a group effort, then switching to an individual scenario, is brilliant IMO.

JoeyB
10-04-2011, 04:25 AM
I tried to watch big brother, I can't recall when exactly but maybe eight or nine years ago...it wasn't very exciting and they kept trying to shill out for extended pay-only online content.

If I was going to pay to watch people sleep, it would strictly involve naked teenage girls...

Hal-9000
10-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Russell Hanz's nephew...

Welcome To Crazytown, population YOU! :)

Hal-9000
10-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Jim, the medical marijuana distributor amazed me....he's not an in-shape guy and he held up 240 pounds on his back...

wow

JoeyB
10-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Jim, the medical marijuana distributor amazed me....he's not an in-shape guy and he held up 240 pounds on his back...

wow

Lil Hantz beat him by a few seconds though. He does have that stocky, 'seven dwarfish' build common to his bloodline however.

And damn...I just about clenched my own sphincter shut when Coach threw out his arms and snapped at Hantz, telling him not to listen to the garbage of the players on the way out.

Hal-9000
10-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Hantz is going to do what Coach fears most...upset the applecart with some sort of psychotic outbreak

JoeyB
10-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Hantz is going to do what Coach fears most...upset the applecart with some sort of psychotic outbreak

Poor Coach, Hantz shafts him again. Just...genetically this time, instead of in person.

But, seriously...were you not impressed with Coach and the way he laid it out to Lil Hantz?

Hal-9000
10-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Poor Coach, Hantz shafts him again. Just...genetically this time, instead of in person.

But, seriously...were you not impressed with Coach and the way he laid it out to Lil Hantz?

Oh for sure.He's giving him good advice while laying down the law in a terse manner so the kid understands.The one thing I don't like about the recent Survivors is that people seem to have no problem laying out their plans at tribal council :lol: WTF, it's supposed to be a secret vote.I loved the first Survivor...no one knew how to play except Richard Hatch and he formed the first alliance.The votes were unique.A number of names popped up each tribal council, rather than the typical 2 person showdown.

JoeyB
10-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Oh for sure.He's giving him good advice while laying down the law in a terse manner so the kid understands.The one thing I don't like about the recent Survivors is that people seem to have no problem laying out their plans at tribal council :lol: WTF, it's supposed to be a secret vote.I loved the first Survivor...no one knew how to play except Richard Hatch and he formed the first alliance.The votes were unique.A number of names popped up each tribal council, rather than the typical 2 person showdown.

I know a lot about Hatch...despite never having seen that season. Whatever you may think of him as a person, he is clever and knows how to manipulate people. His win seems almost inevitable.

Though, I wonder how he would fair now? I don't mean if he returned as a player, but, if he had had his first season now...with no reputation dogging him, BUT with all the game manipulation already in play.

Hal-9000
10-06-2011, 11:09 PM
I know a lot about Hatch...despite never having seen that season. Whatever you may think of him as a person, he is clever and knows how to manipulate people. His win seems almost inevitable.

Though, I wonder how he would fair now? I don't mean if he returned as a player, but, if he had had his first season now...with no reputation dogging him, BUT with all the game manipulation already in play.

He came back for a reunion type show and didn't fare too well.He was great in the first season...in the private monologue interviews he was chuckling - These people think I'm their friend? They're all idiots and I'm just using them to get the million.A true trailblazer for how to set up an alliance, deceive people and win the game.Keep in mind no one from that season knew the structure and how it plays out with the two tribes, then the merge, then the jury.

You should try to find it somewhere, there was a woman named Sue who was a loudmouthed truck driver.At the end as a jury member she gave another girl, Kelly, a tongue lashing that has become legendary.

JoeyB
10-06-2011, 11:19 PM
At the end as a jury member she gave another girl, Kelly, a tongue lashing that has become legendary.

Why did that turn me on?

Hal-9000
10-15-2011, 02:16 AM
Well now, the underlings finally pulled a good move and voted off one half of the couple.

They think that Ozzy is going to be pissed because his little sweety is gone...don't they realize that he's going to be pissed because they didn't vote 'his way'?
Subtle but important difference I think.

and Cochran's quip about having the middle aged, lazy Ozzy made me roar :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
10-20-2011, 07:08 PM
Ozzy gets petulant and once again Lil Hantz loses an O-ring at Tribal Council....

:doh: What is wrong with him? He announces the two candidates to be punted without even being prompted.Even when Jeff and Coach try to subtlety let him know that you don't reveal your entire hand...he doesn't get it.

JoeyB
10-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Ozzy gets petulant and once again Lil Hantz loses an O-ring at Tribal Council....

:doh: What is wrong with him? He announces the two candidates to be punted without even being prompted.Even when Jeff and Coach try to subtlety let him know that you don't reveal your entire hand...he doesn't get it.

That wasn't subtle...Jeff actually instructed Coach to tell Lil Hantz why it was a bad move. And Coach did, explicitly. Guy doesn't see the big picture...not like Russell would have.

Or, maybe he is heavily trained by Russell and a dark force to be reckoned with?

Woody Allen is getting on my tits...he needs to go.

Hal-9000
10-20-2011, 10:43 PM
I don't understand Coach...at every turn he talks about Russell being his nemesis, having nightmares about him etc.

Yet he gloms onto the nephew.I understand they're both Christians and Coach is trying not to judge the nephew based on Russell's behavior,
but last night didn't Coach mention that they even walk the same way? (cut to brilliant montage of Russell walking, then the nephew)

The moment anyone in my alliance just blurts out the complete gameplan for the vote and then talks about morality, he's done.

JoeyB
10-20-2011, 11:04 PM
I don't understand Coach...at every turn he talks about Russell being his nemesis, having nightmares about him etc.

Yet he gloms onto the nephew.I understand they're both Christians and Coach is trying not to judge the nephew based on Russell's behavior,
but last night didn't Coach mention that they even walk the same way? (cut to brilliant montage of Russell walking, then the nephew)

The moment anyone in my alliance just blurts out the complete gameplan for the vote and then talks about morality, he's done.

Coach has made it clear that Lil Hantz makes him nervous, and he is questioning how much of Russell's nature might be in the boy.

Hal-9000
10-20-2011, 11:26 PM
and then he whispers - I love you man, right as Tribal ends.

I always laugh when people start talking about morality and broken promises on Survivor.Ummm HELLO? You've never watched Survivor before?
The main idea is to be the sole survivor, meaning 19 other people will go home.

I envision it as a bunch of toddlers with targets on their backs in a box, surrounded by 5 snipers with high powered automatic rifles.It's just a matter of time....

JoeyB
10-21-2011, 05:05 AM
and then he whispers - I love you man, right as Tribal ends.

I always laugh when people start talking about morality and broken promises on Survivor.Ummm HELLO? You've never watched Survivor before?
The main idea is to be the sole survivor, meaning 19 other people will go home.

I envision it as a bunch of toddlers with targets on their backs in a box, surrounded by 5 snipers with high powered automatic rifles.It's just a matter of time....

Coach has always played with integrity though, don't you think? I've always seen him as actually what he says to be in that regard.

Hal-9000
10-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Coach has always played with integrity though, don't you think? I've always seen him as actually what he says to be in that regard.

It appears that way.He's got the hidden idol and won't tell Hantz junior...the slope is getting slippery in that regard.

JoeyB
10-21-2011, 08:29 PM
It appears that way.He's got the hidden idol and won't tell Hantz junior...the slope is getting slippery in that regard.

There was some suggestion to that, more on the part of the producers and editors, who included both Coach discussing his 'grey area' and later Lil Hanz saying there are no 'grey areas'.

But, there are. Not telling people about an idol is gameplay. Keeping your word, is integrity. But Coach seems likely to repent and tell the Hantz boy anyway.

Hal-9000
10-22-2011, 12:44 AM
My strategy would be to commit to a small alliance, 3 people.Let other groups come and go and make them feel that they're part of the final 5, 6, whatever.

One thing I've noticed about Survivor...strong individuals aside, most people just want to be part of a group and not left on the outside.Even implying that there's a group voting a certain way
can cement that bond and get more people onboard.

I like Coach and am glad he's dropped some of his flaky persona.I think he's going to go through an epiphany on this season and it will involve screwing someone over and breaking his word.

JoeyB
10-22-2011, 05:38 AM
My strategy would be to commit to a small alliance, 3 people.Let other groups come and go and make them feel that they're part of the final 5, 6, whatever.

One thing I've noticed about Survivor...strong individuals aside, most people just want to be part of a group and not left on the outside.Even implying that there's a group voting a certain way
can cement that bond and get more people onboard.

I like Coach and am glad he's dropped some of his flaky persona.I think he's going to go through an epiphany on this season and it will involve screwing someone over and breaking his word.

Well, who wouldn't want to be part of a group though? Loners are just the easy victims for the weeks when nobody else makes themselves targets.

Hal-9000
10-22-2011, 06:36 PM
I never like being part of groups :lol: Most are lemmings and feel that because they're with 10 people, those 10 people are doing the right thing or thinking the right way.

I've seen quite a few people become loners on Survivor, either from the start or later in the game.

JoeyB
10-22-2011, 07:52 PM
I never like being part of groups :lol: Most are lemmings and feel that because they're with 10 people, those 10 people are doing the right thing or thinking the right way.

I've seen quite a few people become loners on Survivor, either from the start or later in the game.

Umm, I oppose group think in REALITY too, and also avoid groups in general (you have heard my theory about groups of people, right?)...but I'm referring to events on the show...and dude, I would go out of my way to join a group on Survivor...numbers=power and survival.

I would be a mess if no one on Survivor would buddy up with me. Paranoia, here I come!

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 12:35 AM
Well it's Survivor night once again.

I expect a full report (double spaced and with margins) by a certain forum member who's font shall remain nameless ......

Southern Belle
10-27-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm watching it now.

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm watching it now.

No spoilers East Coaster!!!! :x

Southern Belle
10-27-2011, 12:51 AM
I wouldn't dream of it love.

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 01:38 AM
I have to wait until 9pm, I think 11pm your time Belle...and maybe 10pm Joey's time...

I have to leave for a bit anyways, spoil away :)

Yt Trash
10-27-2011, 02:13 AM
I really hope Ozzy's decision bites him in his arrogant ass.

JoeyB
10-27-2011, 04:48 AM
Well it's Survivor night once again.

I expect a full report (double spaced and with margins) by a certain forum member who's font shall remain nameless ......

I'm the man with no name. Clint Eastwood.

I have to wait until 9pm, I think 11pm your time Belle...and maybe 10pm Joey's time...

I have to leave for a bit anyways, spoil away :)

Odd...Hal I always thought you were in British Columbia...Opps, haha I am American so, I meant to say I always thought you were in that part of Canadaland above Seattle. Are you in the same time zone as Lance? I am central time and SB would be Eastern...so you did have the hour difference between us correctly. Lance is one hour more removed (my 7pm Survivor start time is 8 for belle, 6 for Lance, and 5PM in Seattle).

I really hope Ozzy's decision bites him in his arrogant ass.

Not me..two weeks running now I have observed something remarkable happening.

Last week Ozzy made the stunning, if understated, comment that 'at least I have redemption island'. Subtle...but it blew my mind and I immediately discussed this with my mother. You see...the game has officially changed...before it was 'voted off, game over', now it is 'voted off, second chance'...and Ozzy is the first ever player to realize and capitalize on this. He is a pioneer, changing the game. He understands you can now take larger chances, make bolder moves, because you are operating with a safety net. Again, it blew my mind...

Then tonight, he shows another aspect of what redemption island brings...sabotage and threat. You vote someone off...and they might just come back and fuck up the balance of the game for you.

And then...ANOTHER revelation as he elects to go there to eliminate the threat!

People who appear as contestants on future seasons had best learn these lessons well.

I am reminded of something Hal observed earlier in this thread when he was discussing the fact that the winner of season one basically mastered the game and set the framework for what the game would be, while nobody else had a clue.

Ozzy is doing that now with Redemption Island. Win or lose...he has shown what the future of this show will bring if they continue using this second chance option. Now that he has broken the cherry on these concepts, I fully expect next season will bring some awesome and dangerous maneuvering by contestants.

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 05:41 AM
Good to see some more Survivor fans *glares right at YT* :thumbsup:
Godfather is in Pacific time, Lance and I are Mountain men, Joey is in Central, Belle is in Eastern time and YT is in Florida.Cape Canaveral time.

I'm with YT and Cochran, this move is an ego maniacal one.Here's three very good reasons why it may fail.

1.They're assuming that the merge will happen before the next Immunity challenge.Pardon my math, but aren't there 5 members left on Ozzy's tribe and 6 left on Coach's? They typically merge at 10 people...and they have moved the merge time on 3 occasions that I can remember in past seasons.

2.They're assuming the winner of the next Redemption Island challenge will be returning to the game soon.Excuse me again, but didn't the person from last season's Redemption Island return when there was only a handful of people left?

3.They're assuming Ozzy will beat Christina at the next challenge.If it's a puzzle challenge or anything involving a cognitive thought process, Ozzy is hooped.Actually I saw the preview and know what type of challenge it is...

I like Ozzy.He believes too much of his own hype and strikes me as being more of a poser vacant supermodel, than a true Survivor specialist.I admire his performance in the challenges and look forward to more of his riveting philosophies and pep talks :lol:

JoeyB
10-27-2011, 05:48 AM
Good to see some more Survivor fans *glares right at YT* :thumbsup:
Godfather is in Pacific time, Lance and I are Mountain men, Joey is in Central, Belle is in Eastern time and YT is in Florida.Cape Canaveral time.

I'm with YT and Cochran, this move is an ego maniacal one.Here's three very good reasons why it may fail.

1.They're assuming that the merge will happen before the next Immunity challenge.Pardon my math, but aren't there 5 members left on Ozzy's tribe and 6 left on Coach's? They typically merge at 10 people...and they have moved the merge time on 3 occasions that I can remember in past seasons.

2.They're assuming the winner of the next Redemption Island challenge will be returning to the game soon.Excuse me again, but didn't the person from last season's Redemption Island return when there was only a handful of people left?

3.They're assuming Ozzy will beat Christina at the next challenge.If it's a puzzle challenge or anything involving a cognitive thought process, Ozzy is hooped.Actually I saw the preview and know what type of challenge it is...

I like Ozzy.He believes too much of his own hype and strikes me as being more of a poser vacant supermodel, than a true Survivor specialist.I admire his performance in the challenges and look forward to more of his riveting philosophies and pep talks :lol:

Well, win or lose is irrelevant...he is pioneering new ways to play this game and I love it! And mind you, I really wasn't a fan of his until last and this week. Failure in his endeavors can not erase the fact that he has grasped a good understanding of the new possibilities.

So where do you live anyway? I'll settle for a province, which I assume is likely Alberta...

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 06:01 AM
Aye, I've only mentioned my hometown about 1000 times, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

It is a ballsy move like Ozzy mentioned, that's part of why he's doing it.I would probably try to augment the game too if I saw an opening.In this case though, there's too many variables.
On Redemption Island the challenges are restricted to the tiny arena.No long swimming challenges or feats of daring do...which are Ozzy's specialty.One of the reasons I loved him when he
was winning all of his challenges, was because he approached each challenge his own way.

They're also banking on another unknown...that when they merge each tribe will stay true to their side.There's usually 10 people at the merge and it's rare for everyone to stick to their sides until the bitter end.
In fact, the smartest alliances have been the ones who did stick to their colors and vote off every last person from the other tribe.

This is the entire reason Ozzy is going to Redemption.To ensure Christina doesn't come back and side with the opposing tribe after the merge.Mark my words, there's going to be a longer time frame and less people
in the mix by the time the winner of Redemption gets released.

JoeyB
10-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Aye, I've only mentioned my hometown about 1000 times, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

It is a ballsy move like Ozzy mentioned, that's part of why he's doing it.I would probably try to augment the game too if I saw an opening.In this case though, there's too many variables.
On Redemption Island the challenges are restricted to the tiny arena.No long swimming challenges or feats of daring do...which are Ozzy's specialty.One of the reasons I loved him when he
was winning all of his challenges, was because he approached each challenge his own way.

They're also banking on another unknown...that when they merge each tribe will stay true to their side.There's usually 10 people at the merge and it's rare for everyone to stick to their sides until the bitter end.
In fact, the smartest alliances have been the ones who did stick to their colors and vote off every last person from the other tribe.

This is the entire reason Ozzy is going to Redemption.To ensure Christina doesn't come back and side with the opposing tribe after the merge.Mark my words, there's going to be a longer time frame and less people
in the mix by the time the winner of Redemption gets released.

I'm not debating any of that, I'm sure you are right. I'm just enjoying watching a guy pioneer the 'new' Survivor game, assuming they continue to keep Redemption Island.

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 06:09 AM
YT went to school with Christina and mentioned that she was the same sort of darling person back then :lol:

Yt Trash
10-27-2011, 11:25 AM
I might add, that Christine, has already burned her bridges with her tribe, she has no intentions of siding with them.(aside from the black Mortician chick that she defeated) she despised all of her tribe mates. Flipping them the bird on several occasions at redemption island challenges.

With that being said, I don't know why Ozzy feels she's a threat to the balance. This is probably the first time, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting till next Wednesday.

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 06:26 PM
I might add, that Christine, has already burned her bridges with her tribe, she has no intentions of siding with them.(aside from the black Mortician chick that she defeated) she despised all of her tribe mates. Flipping them the bird on several occasions at redemption island challenges.

With that being said, I don't know why Ozzy feels she's a threat to the balance. This is probably the first time, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting till next Wednesday.

And that becomes point number 4 on my list of why Ozzy will fail.Christina hates her tribe and I think Ozzy's tribe knows that already.If they would have paid attention to the clues, they would know at worst, that she'll become a free agent after the merge.

Jeff often has said on the previews - Tune in next week when a tribe member pulls a risky move.....this time he's right :lol: Ozzy may have made either one of the boldest or stupidest moves in Survivor history.

*my own personal award winner for stupidest move was James, the big black grave digger who was voted off with 2 unplayed hidden immunity idols in his pocket :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 10:58 PM
And so tonight we find out if Ozzy Lusththth..th made the biggest boner in Survivor history, or a brave ground breaking move that actually will help his tribe.

I'm leaning towards the boner...(no sig quotes please)

JoeyB
11-02-2011, 11:22 PM
And so tonight we find out if Ozzy Lusththth..th made the biggest boner in Survivor history, or a brave ground breaking move that actually will help his tribe.

I'm leaning towards the boner...(no sig quotes please)

Damn, that actually makes me want to sig quote you...

I say this again...win or lose only basically matters to Ozzy and his success in the game.

But the move itself and his realizations of what the game can now do will change everything.

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 11:25 PM
I hope they don't merge, that if he wins at Redemption he won't be returned to the game for another 10 days and that when he comes back there will be only 1 member left from his original tribe.

Christina may beat him at this challenge....I saw the preview and it's not a running or swimming sort of thing.

Yt Trash
11-03-2011, 12:02 AM
Fingers crossed. I actually reached out to her brother for a sneak peak. He's says he's been hounded by all his friends this past week. He claims he doesn't know what happened, I don't believe him.

Hal-9000
11-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Fingers crossed. I actually reached out to her brother for a sneak peak. He's says he's been hounded by all his friends this past week. He claims he doesn't know what happened, I don't believe him.

I've always been curious about that.Let's say they start with 20 people.It goes to the final 3 with 7 members of the jury.So 10 people have to stay on location until the bitter end of the show.How about the other 10 that got voted off before the jury?

Do they sequester them in some hotel room for 30 days or do they come home right after getting voted out?

JoeyB
11-03-2011, 04:44 AM
I've always been curious about that.Let's say they start with 20 people.It goes to the final 3 with 7 members of the jury.So 10 people have to stay on location until the bitter end of the show.How about the other 10 that got voted off before the jury?

Do they sequester them in some hotel room for 30 days or do they come home right after getting voted out?

They talk all the time about some special place they go to. I think they hang with Jeff and the crew actually. So if the jury can do that, why not the others? I don't see why they'd need to be sent right home...and if they do remain, maybe those early eliminated players still have a bit of influence on the jury members?

Besides, you know it's months between the end of filming and the final live episode. All these people had done this and returned home and started tweeting 'watch this shit when it comes on' long before the season started. So even if the others go home right away it's not much of a difference timewise, in that regard anyway...

Everyone signs some pretty solid non disclosure stuff, and I really think CBS would sue the shit out of any player who violated that, less it become a routine problem.

SOOOO tonight's episode...Coach is a fucking genius...I can't believe that he not only completely saw through the big scheme of the other side, but actually had the balls to flat out announce it and to convert a spy to his advantage.

FUCKING COACH~!!...brilliant, brilliant guy. My all time favorite player as I said before...

Hal-9000
11-03-2011, 05:48 AM
I call fix.They inserted the Redemption winner back into the tribes right after that challenge? And they merged simultaneously? Played out too neatly IMO.Last season's Redemption player wasn't returned until day 30 or so, if I recall correctly.Aside from my pending terse note to Probst and Burnett, here are my thoughts...

Ozzy once again proves himself to be a total tool.Twice now he's barfed out complete information about having the hidden immunity idol and how it may be used.In this vote with 6 on 6, the word hidden takes on two meanings when holding that idol.In his words - My performance may have been lackluster..durrrh and maybe a bit over da top...durrrhhh.It's too bad that arguably the best physical player of the game can't recognize simple basics of how to play it.

I understand why they chose Keith, not so sure about Cowboy though.What I missed is the rule for the tie.They vote again, only being able to choose one of the people voted against in the first vote.If it remains a tie after two votes, the remaining members of the tribe draw stones and the person with the black stone gets axed? What about the fire build off? It seems ludicrous that the people who never got their names written down are suddenly in total jeopardy.

Yes Coach laid it all down to Cochran and saw through the ruse.Coach may be too honest in the future to make a tough decision.Right now though he's got momentum.Why the other players wouldn't nail a guy like him tonight is beyond me.I know they have to be lemmings and go with the flow, but people like Coach are actually glowing right now, seeming to gain strength rather than be exhausted after being out there 21 days.Them are the dangerous folk.

I admire Cochran for his balls.He was put into the position I would always dread.When both tribes know that you're the swing vote.The timing right now is what I call the sweet spot.The tribes have merged and there's no jury assignments yet.The challenges become more individualized, as do the rewards.Judging by the preview for next week, Cochran has a tough road ahead of him.I like how he plays and if his tribe continues to trash talk him and push him into decisions, he should stick with Coach.In fact, the smart thing for Coach's tribe and Cochran is pick off every member of Ozzy's tribe, no exceptions.If players are being voted to Redemption Island again, it would add a nice twist to the last part of the game.

*mental note, add complaint about two immunity necklaces for tonight's challenge...right after the premature merge and faux-return from Redemption in note to Probst and Burnett*

Dawn needs to cry a little more and Ozzy needs to quit talking in that baritone surfer guru with a brain injury voice...

JoeyB
11-03-2011, 06:01 AM
I noticed I hadn't seen any sugar tweets lately...I went to her page and noticed I wasn't following her. I tried to follow and it said she had blocked me.

Now, I wonder if this was an accident or intentional? We had been tweeting fairly regularly...

Hal-9000
11-03-2011, 06:15 AM
:hand: unnecessary foul, 15 yards, loss of down.

She blocked you dude.Seems like it would be an action she has to initiate...not a random accident.Never used Twitter so I don't know the inner gears and levers.
Sorry to say she may have culled you along with other people or targeted you specifically because of some perceived action she didn't like.I don't see you as being unkind or creepy to any girl you like, so the problem is hers.

Unless you tweeted some necro stuff to her and put her on the morgue table is some demented florescent lit antiseptic autopsy/forced blowjob scenario

JoeyB
11-03-2011, 06:21 AM
:hand: unnecessary foul, 15 yards, loss of down.

She blocked you dude.Seems like it would be an action she has to initiate...not a random accident.Never used Twitter so I don't know the inner gears and levers.
Sorry to say she may have culled you along with other people or targeted you specifically because of some perceived action she didn't like.I don't see you as being unkind or creepy to any girl you like, so the problem is hers.

Unless you tweeted some necro stuff to her and put her on the morgue table is some demented florescent lit antiseptic autopsy/forced blowjob scenario

She actually replied to a number of my tweets, and even sent me tweets. Whatever oddness may appear in my humor she seemed to enjoy it.

Damn, is there where I am, what I've been reduced to socially? I can't even avoid pissing people off on twitter? I should just buy a gun and end it.

Hal-9000
11-03-2011, 06:30 AM
She actually replied to a number of my tweets, and even sent me tweets. Whatever oddness may appear in my humor she seemed to enjoy it.

Damn, is there where I am, what I've been reduced to socially? I can't even avoid pissing people off on twitter? I should just buy a gun and end it.

Dude if you know you didn't make a transgression, then the offense is hers.If it was me, I would take the action personally and obviously follow the rule...that she set down.I'm not being bitter, she made a decision for both of you.

Everyone in our world knows that text is never as concise as face to face or voice.Try and tweet up Coach if that's possible :lol:

JoeyB
11-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Dude if you know you didn't make a transgression, then the offense is hers.If it was me, I would take the action personally and obviously follow the rule...that she set down.I'm not being bitter, she made a decision for both of you.

Everyone in our world knows that text is never as concise as face to face or voice.Try and tweet up Coach if that's possible :lol:

Yeah...I follow coach, he rarely tweets. I did send him a tweet once but it was purely gushing fanboy stuff. Blame my mancrush.

Hal-9000
11-03-2011, 06:41 AM
I'll be a little dragon warrior 4 U, let's oil each other up :lol:

I guess Jeff somehow tweets during the episodes of Survivor on TV now...although he can't tweet about the final show as it hasn't occurred yet.

JoeyB
11-03-2011, 06:54 AM
I'll be a little dragon warrior 4 U, let's oil each other up :lol:

I guess Jeff somehow tweets during the episodes of Survivor on TV now...although he can't tweet about the final show as it hasn't occurred yet.

Sure, tweets are live...all he has to do is watch the broadcast (presumably Eastern time), and send out his tweets as the show airs...he'd just make observations like 'Ozzy lies to everyone here and I help him' (not an actual tweet).

You could actually follow his comments without joining twitter...just go to http://twitter.com/#!/jeffprobst and remember to refresh occasionally.

Oh...it might be west coast time he does the tweets...or maybe he does them for multiple time zones. Fucked if I know. I watch Survivor away from my computer.

He also does live video clips...just a few seconds...he sent someone a buff tonight and made the comment that after the tribal council he was genuinely afraid for Woody Allen, because he had pissed off his former tribe and had to sleep with them that night.

Hal-9000
11-03-2011, 07:18 PM
ummm Joey?

You may want to read Sugar's feed again...she's put kind of serious reference in there and I think it pertains to you dude

JoeyB
11-03-2011, 09:01 PM
ummm Joey?

You may want to read Sugar's feed again...she's put kind of serious reference in there and I think it pertains to you dude

Shit... I think I'm sick. Also... Woh- had to block some freak. Today will improve...

That? Not me, she blocked me about a week ago.

Oh and hey, did you join twitter?????

Hal-9000
11-03-2011, 09:11 PM
phew..good to hear.

No I didn't join Twitter.I read some of her 'posts' and it seems to be a moronic self indulgent diary :lol:

I can do the same here :thumbsup:

JoeyB
11-03-2011, 10:12 PM
and it seems to be a moronic self indulgent diary :lol:

Yeah, it is.

Hal-9000
11-10-2011, 03:45 PM
That was one of the best Survivor episodes I've seen.Some hilights:

-As they were crucifying Cochran at the first Tribal Council Ozzy asked him if he was ever treated badly...Cochran's response was spot on and shut Ozzy up immediately.
-Two Tribal Councils were a surprise.
-Ozzy's parting words about cooking people a nice fish at Redemption Island and then sending them packing :lol: He is pissed off and totally focused now, I wouldn't want to compete against him.
-Hantz's nephew proves once again that he comes across like a moron, every time he opens his mouth.His little attack against Dawn was idiotic and unfounded.The dude has brain damage.
-The country singer's crying jag and complaint about being vilified made me laugh.She was right in there from the start critiquing and berating Cochran from day one.Wear the pants lady if they fit.The entire tribe treated Cochran like shite, to his face and they wonder why he turned? Karma bitch..
-Sophia's surprising performance in the second Immunity challenge, she was hauling ass through the obstacles right until the end.
-I rarely like seeing a tribe gloat....all 7 of Coach's tribe sitting out the challenge to eat and drink was deserved and I would have done the same.

All in all, a very entertaining episode.Albert is trying to screw things up already.Survivor 101 - You have the numbers, you have a plan...stick to the plan dork.You take out members of your own tribe now and you will pay the price.

Yt Trash
11-10-2011, 06:08 PM
Screw Ozzy. He still acting like an arrogant prick. Hantz's Nephew will be the first of the six to go. Mark my words if not Albert.

Hal-9000
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Screw Ozzy. He still acting like an arrogant prick. Hantz's Nephew will be the first of the six to go. Mark my words if not Albert.

I want to see the first person at Redemption beat Ozzy in the challenge..I guess they have 3 guys out there now.

I'm not sure on Hantz, Coach has some strange attachment to him and may protect.

JoeyB
11-10-2011, 09:02 PM
All in all, a very entertaining episode.Albert is trying to screw things up already.Survivor 101 - You have the numbers, you have a plan...stick to the plan dork.You take out members of your own tribe now and you will pay the price.

Sooner or later such a large alliance must turn on itself...but sooner will hurt them here.

I want to see the first person at Redemption beat Ozzy in the challenge..I guess they have 3 guys out there now.

I'm not sure on Hantz, Coach has some strange attachment to him and may protect.

Two things...first, I was surprised they continued with Redemption island after already sending Ozzy back in.

Second, I'm stunned they let three people accumulate there...I thought it was going to be strictly one on one this season? Now I'm wondering if the entire potential jury will stockpile there until time for one last challenge, winner take all and reenter the game.

There was a humorous moment last night...when Woody Allen was asked how many times do you get the chance to vote a guy like Ozzy out of the game. For him, twice.

Hal-9000
11-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I was so impressed with his answer to Ozzy's challenge at Tribal Council.Do those people forget about how they treated Cochran for 20 days? I like Cochran because of the way he fielded the abuse.I would not be as kind...

He must be flipping out inside, being a student of the game for 11 years and then having the experiences he has had.He knows all of the stereotypes and is definitely a thinking man's type of player.I hope he goes far.

JoeyB
11-10-2011, 11:19 PM
I was so impressed with his answer to Ozzy's challenge at Tribal Council.Do those people forget about how they treated Cochran for 20 days? I like Cochran because of the way he fielded the abuse.I would not be as kind...

He must be flipping out inside, being a student of the game for 11 years and then having the experiences he has had.He knows all of the stereotypes and is definitely a thinking man's type of player.I hope he goes far.

Lil' Hantz for all his oddities did hit the nail on the head when he told the other tribe they got what was coming to them for treating someone like shit. Not his exact words, obviously.

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Lil' Hantz for all his oddities did hit the nail on the head when he told the other tribe they got what was coming to them for treating someone like shit. Not his exact words, obviously.

For sure, I liked his comments on that and his protective nature towards Woody..erm..Cock-ran.

JoeyB
11-11-2011, 07:10 AM
For sure, I liked his comments on that and his protective nature towards Woody..erm..Cock-ran.

Yeah, both leaving the tribal council and later on when they tried to talk to Woody Allen. Lil' Hantz has some good qualities, to be sure.

Hal-9000
11-17-2011, 11:30 PM
In last night's episode Jeff pretty much encouraged the tribe to break the alliance and make a bold move.At times he seems like the devil to me with his comments :lol:

A moment in time..

If it was me last night and I was anyone in the group...Coach would have been gone.At this point sure, you're going to lose a jury vote, but the alternative is pretty clear.You sit there and get picked off one by one.The only real wildcard in the game at this point is winning immunity.If you can win immunity 3 or 4 times in a row, you're going to the end.But only a few players have managed that in the past.

Hal-9000
11-23-2011, 06:06 PM
recap show/never before seen footage...of crap that's already happened :meh:

no new episode tonight

JoeyB
11-23-2011, 10:39 PM
recap show/never before seen footage...of crap that's already happened :meh:

no new episode tonight

They do this every Thanksgiving Eve episode...I'll still watch.

Hal-9000
11-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah me too, I'll watch..I hate it and think it's a copout.They only shoot something like 160 hours of video every 3 days.They could have put together another episode

Hal-9000
11-25-2011, 02:09 AM
It was interesting this time...the recap show.It put some people in a different light.Ozzy seemed way more relaxed than they've portrayed him up to this point, he even made a few jokes.

and Coach with the TWO SCOOPS of CREAM mini rant was hilarious :lol:

Hal-9000
12-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Cochran at tribal : ....that would be like discussing non-blue shirts with you Jeff...

:rofl:

Yt Trash
12-02-2011, 01:21 AM
I believe Hanz sealed his fate at Tribal.

Hal-9000
12-02-2011, 02:46 AM
That guy maps out every vote orally and has a mini breakdown every show.

"I want to do bad things but something inside stops me and I know..."

:lol: I would have turfed him on day 3...