PDA

View Full Version : Bath teenagers praised for handing in £5,000 cash find

redred
10-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Two teenagers from Bath have been praised for handing in £5,000 in cash they found at the city's bus station.

Will Miles and Ryan McClory, both aged 17, had been returning from a night out when they found a briefcase on a bench.

When they opened it they found several passports, used plane tickets, some letters from the University of Bath and the cash in £50 notes.

Insp Steve Mildren said it was "refreshing" to praise young people for their "honesty and integrity".

University expenses
The pair had tried to hand the briefcase in at the nearby police station but found the inquiry office closed so they handed it to two police officers.

"Will and Ryan did exactly the right thing by handing the money in to the police," Insp Mildren added.

"I'm sure the owner is extremely grateful that his property was found by two such public-spirited young men."

It is believed the owner had been taking his son to enrol at the university and the money was to pay for his fees and living expenses.

The boys are studying for their A-levels at Beechen Cliff School.

Head teacher Andrew Davies said: "They were faced with what would be a moral decision for anyone to make and they did the right thing."

No reward has been offered to the boys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-15198177

PorkChopSandwiches
10-06-2011, 03:01 PM
I would have a hard time doing that

redred
10-06-2011, 03:03 PM
what would you do if you found the cash????:lol:

i would like to think that i would hand it in.....but i could think of a few things that i could get for :shifty:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-06-2011, 03:10 PM
All cash, I would probably keep it :|

Loser
10-06-2011, 03:10 PM
What a bunch of fucking chumps. :facepalm:

Joebob034
10-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Insp Steve Mildren said it was "refreshing" to praise young people for their "honesty and integrity".

or their stupidity, with that kind of money strippers will actually want to be around you

PorkChopSandwiches
10-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Who pays for university "expenses" in cash anyway

MrsM
10-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I would have turned it in (at least I would like to think that I would)

Too bad they were not rewarded

Loser
10-06-2011, 07:30 PM
There was an idiot out near me that did this, found a bank bag with like 200k in it. Unmarked untraceable bills, and the stupid motherfucker turned it in. :roll:

JoeyB
10-06-2011, 07:42 PM
It worries when when honesty is seen as stupid.

Loser
10-06-2011, 07:50 PM
It worries when when honesty is seen as stupid.

Hey, I'm honest about it, I would of fucking kept every penny of it :lol:

JoeyB
10-06-2011, 08:21 PM

I respect your sense of integrity as to your lack of integrity.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2011, 10:04 PM

:agreed:

Anyone that disagrees, allow my to direct you the case of Finder's Keepers V. Loser's Weepers