PDA

View Full Version : Banned horror film gets 18 rating after cuts

redred
10-07-2011, 06:50 AM
A horror film denied a rating for posing a "real risk of harm" has been granted a certificate by the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC).

The Human Centipede 2 had been denied a rating but has now been rated 18 after its distributor agreed to 32 cuts.

BBFC president Sir Quentin Thomas said many would find it "difficult" to watch but that the cut film could "properly be classified at the adult level".

Two minutes and 37 seconds have been removed ahead of its DVD release.

The BBFC said the cuts "address all the concerns raised when the Board refused a classification" in June.

Those concerns, it went on, included those "relating to sexual violence, graphic gore and the possibility of breach of the law relating to obscenity".

One of the BBFC's vice-presidents, Gerard Lemos, felt the film remained unclassifiable and abstained from the Board's collective decision.

'Slight disappointment'

A sequel to 2009's The Human Centipede, it tells of a man who, inspired by the first film, attempts to replicate its bizarre people-grafting experiments.

Eureka Entertainment, the film's UK distributor, said they were "really pleased" that an agreement had been reached but felt "slight disappointment" that cuts had been required.

However, continued its sales director Ian Sadler, "we feel that the storyline has not been compromised and the level of horror has been sustained".

A total of 11 films have been banned in Britain since the BBFC - formerly the British Board of Film Censors - was set up in 1912.

Grotesque, a 2009 Japanese horror film, was the last film to be refused a classification in the UK.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-15203870

redred
10-07-2011, 06:51 AM
after watching the first one and wishing i didn't , kind of makes me wonder what the hell they had to cut out :lol:

Foxdana
10-07-2011, 06:58 AM
What are the other ones they banned I wonder? :-k

Has anyone read the IMDB write up for this, sounds very sick and twisted!

redred
10-07-2011, 07:12 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_films#United_Kingdom

some have been unbanned since

Foxdana
10-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Malaysia likes to ban films, but Australia isn't far behind judging from that list. Some movies I might try to find there too.

DemonGeminiX
10-07-2011, 08:18 AM
I wonder if the UK would ban 2 girls 1 cup?

:-k

redred
10-07-2011, 10:23 AM
i liked this one

Iraq
1999: South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut was banned for its depiction of Saddam Hussein as the homosexual lover of Satan. South Park is also unavailable on television

:lol:

Pony
10-07-2011, 10:30 AM
I think they needed to cut about another 87 minutes from this.

SmoothBob
10-07-2011, 04:26 PM
The 1st movie was like, whit? What a waste of, well, just a waste!

deebakes
10-08-2011, 01:06 AM
Can't wait :dance:

Oofty Goofty
10-08-2011, 02:39 AM

Best movie title ever: "Cocksucker Blues" :dance:

Noilly Pratt
10-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Best movie title ever: "Cocksucker Blues" :dance:

It's not much of a song -- by the Stones.

DemonGeminiX
10-08-2011, 09:19 AM
It's not much of a song -- by the Stones.

From what I remember, I think the film was about the Stones as well, or at least about them on tour for Exile on Main Street.

SmoothBob
10-08-2011, 09:24 AM
The cocksucker blues one is funny, says it can be viewed providing the director is with u while ur watching it :lmao: