PDA

View Full Version : Matador cheats death at festival

redred
10-09-2011, 12:11 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/10/08/article-2046771-0E47C08E00000578-682_468x359.jpg

MADRID -- A Spanish bullfighter is likely to suffer facial paralysis and lose the sight in one eye after a terrifying goring, the hospital treating him said Saturday.

Television images showed the moment when the bull's left horn ripped into Juan Jose Padilla's lower jaw to emerge beside his protruding eyeball as spectators in the northeastern city of Zaragoza screamed in horror.

Padilla is in a stable condition and recovering from a five-hour operation to repair his face, the statement from the Miguel Servet Hospital said.

It said Padilla, 39, suffered eye, bone, muscle and skin damage when the bull pinned him to the ground and gored him. Surgeons had not been able to repair a severed facial nerve.

TV footage also showed Padilla getting up from the ring, his face gushing blood, as the bull was distracted by bullring assistants.

"I can't see, I can't see anything," the matador shouted as he was rushed to emergency facilities at Zaragoza's Misericordia bullring before being driven to the hospital.

The bull, named Marques, weighed 508 kilograms (1,120 pounds) and was the second fighting beast Padilla had faced late Friday, during the second day of the annual Virgen del Pilar festivities in Zaragoza.

Surgeons used titanium plates and mesh to reconstruct parts of Padilla's facial bone structure and eye socket, doctors Simon Sanz and Nadal Cristobal said in a very detailed, signed statement.

Padilla was lucky the horn did not penetrate his brain, said Vicente Yesteras, one of Padilla's retinue of bullring helpers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/08/juan-jose-padilla-spain-bullfighter_n_1001412.html

redred
10-09-2011, 12:12 PM
shame they can't win a few every now and then

Loser
10-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Good on him, gore that fuckers face off. :thumbsup:

JoeyB
10-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Bullfighting is a terribly cruel 'sport'. They make these animals suffer long before they send them out into the ring...they are bloodied, half blinded, and weakened before these supposedly brave matadors ever face them.

Goofy
10-09-2011, 09:42 PM

:tup:

MrsM
10-09-2011, 09:54 PM
the bulls need to win sometime or else it's not a fight

Arkady Renko
10-10-2011, 12:14 PM
the bulls need to win sometime or else it's not a fight

that's just the thing, as joey pointed out, the fight is rigged and if the bull manages to dodge the sword he still gets it with a recoil bolt device behind the scenes.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-10-2011, 12:16 PM

:tup:

:thumbsup:

Same with the morons that do the running with the bulls...I always love it when some of those idiots get what they deserve

Muddy
10-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Grab the bull by the horns, you get what you get...

Even though the bull whipped this fuckers ass, I'm sure they probably still killed the ol' boy..

Where's the justice in that?

If you whip the matadors ass you should walk free..

JoeyB
10-10-2011, 08:31 PM
that's just the thing, as joey pointed out, the fight is rigged and if the bull manages to dodge the sword he still gets it with a recoil bolt device behind the scenes.

Welcome to the world of Spanish 'sports'.

deebakes
10-11-2011, 02:02 AM
:woot:

Arkady Renko
10-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the world of Spanish 'sports'.

ya think? Seems to me their other favourite sports such as football, handball or Pelota Vasca are dramatically different.