PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver restaurant bans men from peeing standing up

Teh One Who Knocks
10-12-2011, 09:41 PM
By Chad Skelton - The Vancouver Sun

http://i.imgur.com/PZhqC.jpg

A Vancouver restaurant has come up with an interesting solution to the men-can’t-aim problem: Ban men from peeing standing up.

Recently, my wife and I had brunch at the Edible Canada bistro on Granville Island. When I went to use the facilities, I was surprised to see just one unisex bathroom with about six private stalls and a communal sink area.

Even more surprising, though, was the sign above the toilet, showing a stick man tinkling into a toilet with a line through it. Yes, Edible Canada has banned men from peeing standing up.

Back in my high-school days, I had a job at a fast-food restaurant, where one of my duties was cleaning the washrooms. I was often shocked at how much dirtier the men’s washrooms were than the women’s. And as a frequent user of men’s washrooms, I can attest that men are absolutely disgusting. Not only can’t some men aim, some don’t seem to bother to raise the seat before they go.

In Edible Canada’s case, where men and women have to share toilets, I can see why they’d be interested in reducing behaviours that might make things messy.

But, still, isn’t banning stand-up peeing a little extreme? Not to mention, as far as I can tell, completely unenforceable?

Being able to pee standing up is one of the perks of being a guy, perhaps even a rite of passage.

It wasn’t long after the Older Boy learned how to sit on the potty that he wanted to “pee standing up, like Daddy”.

I was curious where Edible Canada got the idea for such a policy — and what kind of feedback they’ve received. So I emailed them a few questions. So far, no answer.

If and when I get a response, I’ll post an update.

What do you think? Is it OK for a restaurant to ban stand-up peeing? Post a comment and let me know.

DemonGeminiX
10-12-2011, 09:43 PM
:-s

I'm ok with this.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-12-2011, 09:54 PM
:-s

I'm ok with this.

You would prefer to sit on a public toilet just when you had to take a leak? :-s

Muddy
10-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Canada.. Where men sit to pee.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Canada.. Where men sit to pee.

:burn:

JoeyB
10-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Five things to note here:

1. Like the author, I too used to clean public restrooms, though in my case it was in a bookstore. You'd think bookstore patrons would be classy, but no...used condoms, spit contests up the mirrors and walls, and all sorts of filth in the toilet areas. After that job I swore I'd never do anything involving toilet cleaning again, except possibly my own toilet. And yes, the women's restroom was always much, much easier to clean. Plus they had a fucking sofa. The places you could sit in the men's room were limited to the shitters, or the fold down baby changing station which had been engraved to read 'I fucked my man here'.

2. You want men to do better aim wise, install some fucking urinals you assholes. And trust me...toilet pee was never our issue. Making men sit to pee only stops one tiny aspect of the nastiness that follows dudes in a public bathroom. And frankly, pee puddles are the least worrisome thing you might encounter in there...

3. Unisex bathrooms? Every time I hear about this I just want to vomit. If I ever hear a woman taking a gassy shit nearby, I will immediately abandon all my pacifistic principles and firebomb whatever business I was visiting, before cutting off my penis and gouging my brain out with a spork.

4. I am a germophobe and never sit on public toilets...or frankly, even use them unless I have no other option, like shitting on a table or something. I will not just sit and pee because of a sign, if anything it triggers my juvenile side and makes me want to piss all over the walls just out of spite.

5. Knowing my feelings about sitting on public toilets, I would never date a woman who would sit on one, ESPECIALLY one that dudes use. No way I'm letting her wrap her legs around my face after that.

Godfather
10-13-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm not sitting to pee... end of story. Those toilette are fucking filthy, it's enough that I pay $20 and have to stand in a puddle, I will not sit it one.

I tip, and the cost of cleaning and stocking bathrooms is without a doubt built into my meal.

So piss off.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2011, 01:23 AM
You will do it and like it mister :nono:

Godfather
10-13-2011, 01:24 AM
*sits* :(

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2011, 01:24 AM
:gay:

Godfather
10-13-2011, 01:28 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/aemefr.jpg

FBD
10-13-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm not sitting to pee... end of story. Those toilette are fucking filthy, it's enough that I pay $20 and have to stand in a puddle, I will not sit it one.

I tip, and the cost of cleaning and stocking bathrooms is without a doubt built into my meal.

So piss off.

:thumbsup:

http://i54.tinypic.com/aemefr.jpg

If your schlong was big enough, you'd know why ;) Its actually a decent amount of extra room :dance: Two toilets in my place and I will only shit in the one that has room for my junk :lol:

deebakes
10-14-2011, 02:13 AM
next thing you know, they're going to ban you from jerking off in the restroom at the restaurant too...

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i293/isabelle_spurrier/blame_canada_1.jpg

JoeyB
10-14-2011, 04:21 AM
next thing you know, they're going to ban you from jerking off in the restroom at the restaurant too...

People did that in the bathrooms of the bookstore I cleaned. I really hate people.

DemonGeminiX
10-14-2011, 07:08 AM
You would prefer to sit on a public toilet just when you had to take a leak? :-s

Given that inconsiderate idiots always miss and leave their mess behind on the floor for me to roll around in?

Yes.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Weird that all the blame is being put on men for disgusting restrooms. When I was in high school and working at a gas/service station (first gas station coming into the US from Canada/last one leaving the US going to Canada) right off the interstate, we got A LOT of people in and out of the place, many using the bathroom. 999 times out of 1000, the women's room was by far the more disgusting of the two bathrooms to clean...and not by just a little either.

Because it seems that the women refuse to actually sit on the seat, they would manage to piss all over the place just as badly as the men, if not worse many times. Used tampons and pads on the floor or clogging up the toilet. It was absolutely disgusting, especially on a hot and humid summer day.

Godfather
10-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Amen. Women are fuggin' filthy.

Joebob034
10-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Amen. Women are fuggin' filthy.

especially Canadian women

Godfather
10-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Careful dude. You're from Detroit, I doubt you've ever seen a non-obese, disease-from woman :lol:

Muddy
10-14-2011, 04:35 PM
disease-from ?

Joebob034
10-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Careful dude. You're from Detroit, I doubt you've ever seen a non-obese, disease-from woman :lol:

If they do they're skanks from Windsor

JoeyB
10-14-2011, 08:32 PM

disease-from ?

Disease from their nasty ass, skanky crotches.

DemonGeminiX
10-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Quit pissing on the floor, Lance!!!

:x

Godfather
10-15-2011, 01:11 AM
Free*** :x Dammit

Hal-9000
10-15-2011, 01:41 AM
So they remove the urinals and put up a sign.And just how are they going to monitor this process?

Other than hear my mighty pee-roar when I stand up and unleash Niagra Falls into the communal toilet (and piss all over the seat :thumbsup:)

Godfather
10-15-2011, 01:47 AM
There are no urinals and they do have a sign which has now gone viral :lol: Fuggin' ridiculous

Look how happy this small-penised twit is :lol:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2po5teu.jpg

Hal-9000
10-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Imma sit on the toilet, pull my wang to the left and soak the floor under the other stall :thumbsup:

Godfather
10-15-2011, 01:54 AM
Imma sit on the toilet, pull my wang to the left and soak the floor under the other stall :thumbsup:

:rofl:

I could actually head down there this evening and do that in your place :-k

JoeyB
10-15-2011, 05:15 AM
There are no urinals and they do have a sign which has now gone viral :lol: Fuggin' ridiculous

Look how happy this small-penised twit is :lol:

http://i56.tinypic.com/2po5teu.jpg

That 'no peeing in the toilet' sign just makes me feel I should pee on the wall.

deebakes
10-15-2011, 05:44 AM
i guess i don't understand the concept... the restaurant gets piss in the food somehow or what? :-k

JoeyB
10-15-2011, 05:47 AM
i guess i don't understand the concept... the restaurant gets piss in the food somehow or what? :-k

No, they feel that men are peeing on the floor and the seats and squatting whores and whatnot, and so they want to ban the practice of men standing and peeing (presumably, the ladies can still stand and pee).

The thinking is, by making men sit on the toilet while peeing it will be less messy.

Apparently, whomever put this suggestion into the 'idea jar' never had an erect penis. Sitting or standing, that rod is gonna spray everywhere. And that's just the semen, wait until the pee flow gets going...

Hal-9000
10-15-2011, 07:46 PM
:rofl:

I could actually head down there this evening and do that in your place :-k

grab my wang, pull it to the left and help me pee?

remember: two hands at all times on those high pressure hoses :thumbsup:

JoeyB
10-15-2011, 09:02 PM
grab my wang, pull it to the left and help me pee?

remember: two hands at all times on those high pressure hoses :thumbsup:

Two hands? That thing isn't long enough for two fingers.