PDA

View Full Version : Lunascape 6 Browser

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2011, 12:23 AM
I stumbled upon this the other day and have been using it at home the last several days. It seems pretty neat as it is a triple engine browser (works as an IE type browser, Mozilla browser, and Chrome) and you can change between the engines right at the top of the browser.

In the FF type engine mode, most FF addons are usable in the Lunascape browser (at least the ones I have tried so far, which isn't many yet). As I get used to it, I kinda like it. It has a few things I don't like about it, but for the most part it seems pretty good.

If anyone wants to try it out, you can grab it (and read about it) here:

http://www.lunascape.tv/

JoeyB
10-13-2011, 04:09 AM
Is this some sort of cult thing you're trying to lure us into Lance?

Noilly Pratt
10-14-2011, 01:43 AM
I'll give it a try, Lance thanks. Here's a plus...it can be installed on USB or memory cards...great when you're not wanting to disturb someone's PC and not leave tracks... :mrgreen:

I've downloaded the GB version. Will it have links to Corrie and an auto-Cockney slang translation module? :D

JoeyB
10-14-2011, 04:30 AM
Seriously, this is a cult, right?

Nemowork Pt2
10-29-2011, 12:59 AM
Might have to give this a look, theres so many FF updates, betas and add-on cancellations as well as its memory hog bad side im getting a little sick of it.

The only thing thats stopped me so far is chrome doesnt have all the right toys and i wouldnt go for anything IE supplied unless i had a gun to my head. What can i say, i get picky about which multinational behemoth i sell my soul to!

JoeyB
10-29-2011, 05:31 AM
Might have to give this a look, theres so many FF updates, betas and add-on cancellations as well as its memory hog bad side im getting a little sick of it.

The only thing thats stopped me so far is chrome doesnt have all the right toys and i wouldnt go for anything IE supplied unless i had a gun to my head. What can i say, i get picky about which multinational behemoth i sell my soul to!

Dude try Opera. I love it!

Nemowork Pt2
11-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Use Opera for work, its probably the lack of tech support and the Fred Flintstone level of technology thats soured me on it!

So, has it improved since windows 2003?

JoeyB
11-05-2011, 05:34 AM
Use Opera for work, its probably the lack of tech support and the Fred Flintstone level of technology thats soured me on it!

So, has it improved since windows 2003?

Opera 11.52 is the latest release...it is a beautiful, intelligently designed browser.