PDA

View Full Version : Texas Woman Sues Airline Over Turbulent Flight

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Claims it gave her "post traumatic stress disorder."
By JOE GOMEZ - Associated Press

On a flight she took from College Station to Houston in October of 2009, Colleen O’Neal says the turbulence was so bad as a result of the weather the plane banked from side to side and made dead drops in the sky as though it were losing power.

"This 20 minute flight turned into 2 and a half hours of hell," says O'Neal. "I've spoken to several people on the flight and the general consensus is that we all thought we were dead."

O'Neal is now suing United/Continental and few other airlines in charge of the flight because she can no longer fly as part of her job, as the trip gave her Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

"This does not just affect my ability to get on an airplane, there have been times when I've been driving down the road and I hit a pot hole and I have to pull over because I'm having a flash back," she says.

O’Neal’s case is being trumpeted by flyers rights activists like Kate Hanni of http://www.flyersrights.org who think that she does have a legitimate case of mental anguish.

"Any kind of major turbulence can be life threatening, there have been clear air turbulence issues where flight attendants have broken their necks because they weren't pinned back in their seats with their seat belts on," says Hanni.

Others meanwhile are critical of O'Neal and say an airline can't control the weather.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Sue for what? What could they have possibly done about it. I hate people

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Sue for what? What could they have possibly done about it. I hate people

This is my favorite part:

"This does not just affect my ability to get on an airplane, there have been times when I've been driving down the road and I hit a pot hole and I have to pull over because I'm having a flash back," she says.

:roll:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I was just quoting that part to my buddy at work, what an idiot :lol:

Joebob034
10-13-2011, 06:55 PM
I hate people

:lol: me too

Goofy
10-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Texas = Steers, queers and lunatics

:banana:

Muddy
10-13-2011, 07:18 PM
God damn Texans.. We need a quirky logo like Florida has.. See if Jay will make one!! :twisted:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-13-2011, 07:22 PM
God damn Texans.. We need a quirky logo like Florida has.. See if Jay will make one!! :twisted:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2ORHBkf6SNg/TXTDMzijSqI/AAAAAAAAEc4/Ik5HXEXfeXg/funny-george-bush-baby.jpg

redred
10-13-2011, 08:09 PM

just needs a resize :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/NVTVk.jpg (http://imgur.com/NVTVk)

KevinD
10-13-2011, 08:19 PM
WTF flies from College station to Houston???!!! It's only a two hour drive. TBH, I didn't even know college Station had an airport.

JoeyB
10-13-2011, 08:32 PM
WTF flies from College station to Houston???!!! It's only a two hour drive. TBH, I didn't even know college Station had an airport.

This thread won't end well for Texas Kev...maybe you had just best avoid it.

KevinD
10-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Oh, I don't care if anyone picks on Texas. Doesn't bother me in the least. We have our share of stupid people, and most of them are immigrants from other states...lol

Muddy
10-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Oh, I don't care if anyone picks on Texas. Doesn't bother me in the least. We have our share of stupid people, and most of them are immigrants from other states...lol

Good one... :lol:

Yt Trash
10-13-2011, 09:12 PM

That's what I say about FL!

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2011, 09:17 PM

That's what I say about FL!

:nono:

JoeyB
10-13-2011, 09:24 PM

You seem testy when people snark on Texas. To the point that I always leave my anti Texas comments to a minimum of 'I hate Texas, and I have my reasons' out of respect for you.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2011, 09:25 PM
I hit a pothole on my way home from work this afternoon and I got scared....somebody hold me :(

Pony
10-13-2011, 10:32 PM
I hit a pothole on my way home from work this afternoon and I got scared....somebody hold me :(

Did you think you were gonna die? Just sue the city claiming PTSD.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm afraid to drive my truck anymore :(

JoeyB
10-13-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm afraid to drive my truck anymore :(

Good news for the people of Denver.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-13-2011, 10:57 PM
Good news for the people of Denver.

:watching:

JoeyB
10-13-2011, 11:02 PM
:watching:

You keep sending me that "I am watching you" smiley.

Is this sexual harassment?