PDA

View Full Version : Greens Want Port-a-Potties on Top of Mount Everest

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2011, 01:06 PM
By Greg Wilson - NBC Dalls-Ft Worth

http://i.imgur.com/FOXwK.jpg

Green groups say there's just too much poop on top of Mount Everest, not to mention trash and even corpses.

Eco Himal is asking the Nepalese government to put port-a-potties on the famous peak, which they say has become fouled by generations of climbers who leave deposits that can last forever given the climate.

"Human waste is a problem, of course," the group's director, Phinjo Sherpa, told AFP. "I am merely suggesting that if we have public toilets they can be used."

Experienced climbers may come with special toilet cans, but others just find a place in the snow, 29,028 feet above sea level.

Eco Everest Expedition a coalition of environmentalists, has collected more than 13 tons of garbage, including 880 pounds of human waste and four bodies since 2008. Climbers are supposed to show they have returned with everything they carried up the mountain, and must leave $4,000 deposits, refundable only when they show they've done so. Still, some estimate that at least 10 tons of garbage remains on the mountain.

Some 4,000 people have attempted to climb the mountain in the last 50 years.

Muddy
10-14-2011, 01:09 PM
This is ridiculous... Im going to post a set when I get a chance about how tough it is up there.. You're gonna be shocked...

JoeyB
10-14-2011, 08:45 PM
This is ridiculous... Im going to post a set when I get a chance about how tough it is up there.. You're gonna be shocked...

I think we all know how severe the conditions are owing to scores of films, documentaries, and books.

Doesn't change the fact that these self absorbed thrill seekers are trashing the place.

I also noticed that the South Pole people, who are supposed to be all scientists and experts, are really junking up any place they settle at. Shameful.

Muddy
10-14-2011, 08:47 PM
I think we all know how severe the conditions are owing to scores of films, documentaries, and books.

Doesn't change the fact that these self absorbed thrill seekers are trashing the place.

I also noticed that the South Pole people, who are supposed to be all scientists and experts, are really junking up any place they settle at. Shameful.

Also doesnt change the fact thaT IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT A PORT O POTTY ON TOP OF eVEREST. god damn caps lock.. ArrrrraaahhhhH!!!!!!

Behold.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/toddvanluling/dead-bodies-on-mount-everest

JoeyB
10-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Also doesnt change the fact thaT IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT A PORT O POTTY ON TOP OF eVEREST. god damn caps lock.. ArrrrraaahhhhH!!!!!!

Behold.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/toddvanluling/dead-bodies-on-mount-everest

Dude, I'm not debating that aspect...I can't imagine how they would get them up there, or empty them or keep the shit from....well nevermind.

I'm just pointing out that the way things are done now, the place is being trashed.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2011, 08:58 PM

I actually wish more of them would die on their way up there...now it's just a bunch of rich yuppies that pay a bunch of sherpas to keep them from dying and get them to the top.

JoeyB
10-14-2011, 09:05 PM
I actually wish more of them would die on their way up there...now it's just a bunch of rich yuppies that pay a bunch of sherpas to keep them from dying and get them to the top.

Don't get me started dude...I have ranted about mountain climbers before...bunch of self absorbed asshole narcissists.

You should look at the pictures Muddy linked...disturbing...

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Don't get me started dude...I have ranted about mountain climbers before...bunch of self absorbed asshole narcissists.

You should look at the pictures Muddy linked...disturbing...

I have no problem with real mountain climbers as they respect the wilderness and do things for a personal challenge. I have a problem with the idiots that have more money than brains and are basically paying someone to drag them up a mountain just so they can say they "did it". If I was a sherpa, I'd take the yuppies money and then push them off the edge somewhere along the climb.

JoeyB
10-14-2011, 09:16 PM
If I was a sherpa, I'd take the yuppies money and then push them off the edge somewhere along the climb.

Why is it all your 'what if' stories involve you committing acts of violence?

My 'what if' stories usually involve me with my face buried between Stacy Keibler's ass cheeks.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2011, 09:20 PM
No reason :shifty:

DemonGeminiX
10-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Lance has issues. Actually, he more than likely also has the magazine racks the issues came on.

:mrgreen:

Muddy
10-14-2011, 10:35 PM
I dont think Yuppies are really making this climb... Did you read the article I posted? Above a certain line is a dead zone... This isnt an afternoon trip... It takes a week or 2 to get up there..

JoeyB
10-14-2011, 11:24 PM
I dont think Yuppies are really making this climb... Did you read the article I posted? Above a certain line is a dead zone... This isnt an afternoon trip... It takes a week or 2 to get up there..

A week or two? Pfft, I've spent that long just trying to feel up a chick.

Godfather
10-15-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm not surprised... I've read for a long time now that Everest is littered with bodies and garbage (and obviously shit)... fuggin' disgusting. :lol:

Hal-9000
10-15-2011, 01:44 AM
880 pounds of shit and four dead bodies.....yikes

Riddle me this Batman - If they can get portapotties up there (and obviously remove them when the time comes) how come there's dead bodies and shit everywhere?

JoeyB
10-15-2011, 05:12 AM
Dude, I'm not debating that aspect...I can't imagine how they would get them up there, or empty them or keep the shit from....well nevermind.

I'm just pointing out that the way things are done now, the place is being trashed.

880 pounds of shit and four dead bodies.....yikes

Riddle me this Batman - If they can get portapotties up there (and obviously remove them when the time comes) how come there's dead bodies and shit everywhere?

Asked and answered counselor.

deebakes
10-15-2011, 05:45 AM
fuck those fucking fuckers :rant:

JoeyB
10-15-2011, 05:51 AM
fuck those fucking fuckers :rant:

What the fuck?