PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Give me your hat.

:lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2011, 02:58 AM
Shit.

:(

MrsM
11-28-2011, 02:59 AM
kinda saw it coming when they started shooting them

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2011, 03:06 AM
Yeah, but still... damn.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 03:40 AM
I figured they would find a zombified Sophia in this episode...didn't wanna say anything tho

Shane needs a bullet in the head too, he has gone off the deep end. He has good points, but he's acting like a lunatic.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 03:52 AM
I hate to say this, but this whole season so far has been pretty much a let down compared to the first season....it's turned in As the Zombie Turns....or the Guiding Zombie.

I sure hope when it comes back that it's better or this will be a show I will probably not continue watching.

MrsM
11-28-2011, 04:07 AM
I hate to say this, but this whole season so far has been pretty much a let down compared to the first season....it's turned in As the Zombie Turns....or the Guiding Zombie.

I sure hope when it comes back that it's better or this will be a show I will probably not continue watching.

I agree - they need more action

Godfather
11-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Wow I thought that was a fantastic episode.

Holy shit is Shane ever crazy :lol: But taking zombies for a walk on a leash.... just starting to see how flawed our hero is too :mrgreen: That's why it's such a good show.

Interestingly we're up to about 3-4 major changes in the show as a result of Sophia being dead already!

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Wow I thought that was a fantastic episode.

Holy shit is Shane ever crazy :lol: But taking zombies for a walk on a leash.... just starting to see how flawed our hero is too :mrgreen: That's why it's such a good show.

Interestingly we're up to about 3-4 major changes in the show as a result of Sophia being dead already!

It was only a meh episode up until the last scene, and even that only brought it up to an okay episode for me :|

I just read an interview with one of the writers for the show and he was all proud of that 'twist' at the end and how nobody saw it coming...

:-s

Um, hello, everybody saw it coming and nobody really thought Sophia was still alive. The only thing that may be a twist (for me anyhoo) is this....did Herschel know that Sophia was in the barn and if so, did he assume/know that was the same little girl that they were all looking for? It would make sense of Herschel trying to convince Rick to think of the walkers as people still and that they were only "sick" and could possibly be cured.

Or that could just be how Herschel genuinely feels because he had friends/relatives in the barn and he had no idea that the little zombie girl in the bar was Sophia.

:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 12:43 PM
From a site that re-caps the episodes:

And then it happened: The moment that redefined The Walking Dead, if only because it proved that the show is defiantly willing to go there when it has to. One last walker emerged from the barn. It was a small walker. A child. A girl. Motherf---ing Sophia. Just like that, the entire main plotline of this half-season was proven to be pointless. Just like that, all of the various hopeful conversations about Sophia -- Daryl's angelic soliloquies about pretty flowers, Carl's constant assertions that Sophia will love life on the farm, Rick's insistence that Sophia was alive -- suddenly looked bleakly hilarious in hindsight. They were never going to find Sophia. Daryl almost died for nothing. The moment she left the highway back in the season premiere, she signed her death warrant. Shane was right all along.

Why do people think that having zombie Sophia coming out of the barn was so shocking? To me this was a horribly telegraphed end result...I dunno, maybe I just expect more from this show. :dunno:

Joebob034
11-28-2011, 05:21 PM
I was genuinely surprised that Sophia turned out to be a zombie. That's a big shift from the comic because Sophia doesn't die. It makes me wonder what impact a growing child had on the story line since obviously real time moves faster than time in the show. If you watched Lost you may remember the little black kid who had some sort of 'special ability' and an interesting backstory that they basically had to get rid of after the first or second season because of the writers strike and the fact that he grew up too fast for the show to justify it. I wonder what problems they may have filming Rick's son going forward. I agree though, that was a pretty boring episode until the last 15 minutes considering it was the mid season finale. Now we have to wait until mid-Feb. :|

Muddy
11-28-2011, 05:27 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/aloyup.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Joebob, and I'm being really serious in this question, you really didn't think Sofia was zombified/dead by this point? :-k

Joebob034
11-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Joebob, and I'm being really serious in this question, you really didn't think Sofia was zombified/dead by this point? :-k

no I really didn't because A.) it's a big difference from the comic and B.) like that quote you used earlier said, since the Sophia search was the focus of the whole season so far I really didn't think it would end up with her being dead because it makes this whole season so far kind of a waste. I thought they would use it as sort of a jumping off point, like she was captured by a different group and now they have to leave the farm and get her back or something like that.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Well, more than once it has been pointed out that this doesn't follow the comic (never read the comic, never will....only reason I know is because peeps like you and GF have pointed it out), so just because she doesn't die in the comic doesn't mean she wouldn't die in the show. Didn't one of you guys say that in the comic Shane dies early on-ish? Yet he's still alive on the show and a huge part of the plot.

As for the whole season (so far) being the "Search for Sophia" I think they made her a zombie to exactly make the whole thing a waste and pointless. I think they were going for irony here, but that's just my thoughts on it. I fully expected her to be a zombie, so I wasn't surprised she was in the barn.

Godfather
11-28-2011, 06:45 PM
I was split on her being a zombie. I just hadn't thought about it enough to put two and two together and figure our she was in the barn :shock: I thought that was great. You just knew that Rick was the one that would have to shoot her too.

Lance how come you wouldn't consider reading the comic? I promise it's far more enjoyable than the tv series! It's the first and only graphic novel I've ever read and I couldn't put it down, was up late into the night for days :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Did you see the look on Herschel's face when Sophia stumbled out of the barn? Was it me or did he almost look smug? :-k Maybe he was thinking, "Yeah, you had no problem shooting my zombified friends/family, but here's one of your own, now what?"

And then Rick puts one right in her head :lol:

Or was I just seeing things on Herschel's expression that just weren't there? :-k

And like I mentioned earlier, my next big question is, did Herschel know that the little girl in the barn was the same girl Rick and company were searching for? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Lance how come you wouldn't consider reading the comic? I promise it's far more enjoyable than the tv series! It's the first and only graphic novel I've ever read and I couldn't put it down, was up late into the night for days :lol:

Just no desire to is all

Godfather
11-28-2011, 07:07 PM
I'll have to watch that last scene again, I didn't notice :lol: Everyone just looked stunned and miserable to me

I get what you're saying about the episode being meh up until that point. I was basically half paying attention to the TV, and then Shane started freaking out and was just like :shock: What.is.happening.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Like I said, maybe I was just seeing something that wasn't there :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Nope, not what I saw. I think Herschel was just reeling from the violation of trust that Shane started.

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2011, 07:29 PM
And like I mentioned earlier, my next big question is, did Herschel know that the little girl in the barn was the same girl Rick and company were searching for? :-k

I'm gonna go ahead and say I doubt it. Earlier when they were wrangling the zombies out of the forest, Herschel said that Otis was the one who used to do that, and it appears to me that Herschel was satisfied with not knowing the gory details of who was who if he didn't already know them. And since the gang really didn't get to ask Otis if he saw a little girl before Shane put a bullet in him to save his own ass, well... there ya go.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say I doubt it. Earlier when they were wrangling the zombies out of the forest, Herschel said that Otis was the one who used to do that, and it appears to me that Herschel was satisfied with not knowing the gory details of who was who if he didn't already know them. And since the gang really didn't get to ask Otis if he saw a little girl before Shane put a bullet in him to save his own ass, well... there ya go.

See, I don't buy that completely. Sure, maybe Otis was head zombie wrangler on the ranch, but Herschel still would have known there was a little girl that was caught and put in the barn, which also coincides with the arrival of Rick and the gang looking for a little girl. Doesn't take too much to put 2 and 2 together and think maybe that's the little girl they were looking for. I think Herschel knew more than he was letting on. That's also why I think Herschel was trying to get Rick to see the walkers as 'sick people' and not the undead. :-k

Also, I wonder what being a Zombie Wrangler pays? :-k

MrsM
11-28-2011, 07:57 PM
What made me believe that she was dead or zombiefied was that they were focusing too much on hints that they were getting close to finding her (her doll, the flowers, etc).

Another thought that I had was that they found her and she had a bite - But never changed into a walker.

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2011, 07:59 PM
See, I don't buy that completely. Sure, maybe Otis was head zombie wrangler on the ranch, but Herschel still would have known there was a little girl that was caught and put in the barn, which also coincides with the arrival of Rick and the gang looking for a little girl. Doesn't take too much to put 2 and 2 together and think maybe that's the little girl they were looking for. I think Herschel knew more than he was letting on. That's also why I think Herschel was trying to get Rick to see the walkers as 'sick people' and not the undead. :-k

I think the only reason Herschel was trying to get anyone to see the walkers as sick rather than undead was because his wife and stepson were in there, and he really didn't want to kill them, he didn't want to let them go. And because he was cut off from the rest of the world and never saw what happens when a zombie gets torn up with bullets before Shane actually did it before his eyes, he didn't have to face the reality of the situation. Herschel was living in his own little world, he didn't see it up close and personal like it was in Atlanta, exactly like Rick said when they were arguing. I think Herschel honestly believed the walkers were just sick, hoping there would be a cure for his wife and stepson.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 08:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/M3lbn.jpg

Godfather
11-28-2011, 08:48 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/34njzeq.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 10:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0YXWJ.jpg

Iffy
11-28-2011, 10:21 PM

They made mention of this on Talking Dead and explained it as DGX has stated which explains where he got his unoriginal answer from 8-[

Iffy
11-28-2011, 10:22 PM

JoeyB
11-28-2011, 10:42 PM

Didn't I say that with the soap titles before? It's been the WHOLE season. HOWEVER...this last episode has me convinced good things are coming...which of course, they won't, but I'll stay faithful until they let me down.

It was only a meh episode up until the last scene, and even that only brought it up to an okay episode for me :|

I just read an interview with one of the writers for the show and he was all proud of that 'twist' at the end and how nobody saw it coming...

Um, hello, everybody saw it coming and nobody really thought Sophia was still alive. The only thing that may be a twist (for me anyhoo) is this....did Herschel know that Sophia was in the barn and if so, did he assume/know that was the same little girl that they were all looking for? It would make sense of Herschel trying to convince Rick to think of the walkers as people still and that they were only "sick" and could possibly be cured.

Or that could just be how Herschel genuinely feels because he had friends/relatives in the barn and he had no idea that the little zombie girl in the bar was Sophia.

Herschel really believes they could be cured.

And, actually, I thought she might still be alive and feel let down they killed her, to be honest.

From a site that re-caps the episodes:

Why do people think that having zombie Sophia coming out of the barn was so shocking? To me this was a horribly telegraphed end result...I dunno, maybe I just expect more from this show. :dunno:

Now this is ironic, when I said that Shane killing Otis was badly telegraphed, no one else was on board, and now, I actually DIDN'T expect the girl to come out and was shocked and you saw it coming.

Neither did I.

Did you see the look on Herschel's face when Sophia stumbled out of the barn? Was it me or did he almost look smug? :-k Maybe he was thinking, "Yeah, you had no problem shooting my zombified friends/family, but here's one of your own, now what?"

And then Rick puts one right in her head :lol:

Or was I just seeing things on Herschel's expression that just weren't there? :-k

Slight spoiler based on the above drawn from the 'talking dead' interview that aired after the show:

The producers said this was Shane's fault. He killed Otis before Otis could be quizzed by the others 'have you seen this girl'. Had Shane let Otis lived, he would have told the others once they asked and informed them he had just captured the girl. Herschel and the others were unaware of her presence, or at least that was what they intimated.

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2011, 11:45 PM
They made mention of this on Talking Dead and explained it as DGX has stated which explains where he got his unoriginal answer from 8-[

I don't watch the Talk show afterwards.

:|

JoeyB
11-28-2011, 11:56 PM

Last night was the first time I watched, and I only watched up until that explanation and then changed channels to watch the footie news. RIP Gary Speed.

Iffy
11-29-2011, 12:50 AM

:hand: and lance doesn't crossdress and lypsync Taylor Swift during his lunch hours

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2011, 01:02 AM
:hand: and lance doesn't crossdress and lypsync Taylor Swift during his lunch hours

:huh:

He still does that?

Iffy
11-29-2011, 01:06 AM

He still does that?

Tried to get him to charge admission but he wouldn't cough up my 10% cut

JoeyB
11-29-2011, 06:55 AM
Tried to get him to charge admission but he wouldn't cough up my 10% cut

10% is very reasonable too.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Didn't I say that with the soap titles before? It's been the WHOLE season. HOWEVER...this last episode has me convinced good things are coming...which of course, they won't, but I'll stay faithful until they let me down.

I don't think I ever disagreed with ya there...this whole first part of the season has been horribly slow and way more like a soap opera. That's why I am losing interest. And that includes the last episode...the last 10 minutes barely redeemed it from being just another meh episode in an otherwise meh season. And as I mentioned earlier, that ending only upgraded the episode from 'meh' to 'good' for me.

Now this is ironic, when I said that Shane killing Otis was badly telegraphed, no one else was on board, and now, I actually DIDN'T expect the girl to come out and was shocked and you saw it coming.

From a mile away :dunno:

Someday I'll be living in a big old city
And all you're ever gonna be is mean
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
And all you're ever gonna be is mean

:dance2:

Hal-9000
11-29-2011, 06:27 PM
I liked the most recent ep.It was foreshadowing and symbolic in the way Hershel kept his old relatives and friends in the barn.Kind of a - What would you do if it was your wife, mom, dad etc that was a zombie?

And of course ol Sophia comes shufflin outta the barn..

I was surprised to see Rick walk right up and tap her.I thought Shane or someone else would have done it.

JoeyB
11-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Nobody but Rick could do it. Shane is all talk and selfish action...he claims Rick is a poor leader because Rick will not abandon the girl, give up on the chained guy, etc. Shane only sees benefit and leadership attributes in those qualities that best serve his individual survival chances. Risk taken for anyone else is perceived as weakness. Shane sees only black and white, and cannot handle grey...which is why he is a poor potential leader.

Rick had to step up because he is the only one capable of making the TRULY hard choices...despite the fact that Shane claims otherwise. This moment clarified all of that. Rick is the one who will always step up, regardless of what comes to be, and he is the only one prepared to always do so.

Yt Trash
11-30-2011, 01:36 AM
I think Rick felt obligated since he felt responsible for her loss.

JoeyB
11-30-2011, 06:09 AM
I think Rick felt obligated since he felt responsible for her loss.

Obligated or not, nobody else stepped up to the plate, and it's not like they weren't standing there armed and ready to shoot.

Godfather
11-30-2011, 07:11 AM
I agree Joey. It was almost stereotypically the protagonist's job to step up and do such a necessary evil that nobody else could have the courage or ability to do

In terms of losing interest because it's slow... I really don't think I have the ability to stop watching any zombie show. I love this genre, part of it is the painfully slow torture of living on when the world has basically stopped and can't even die :shock: Maybe this season has taken that a bit far but it will turn around!!

JoeyB
11-30-2011, 07:15 AM
I agree Joey. It was almost stereotypically the protagonist's job to step up and do such a necessary evil that nobody else could have the courage or ability to do

When you phrase it that way though, it has an air of 'ye olde faint praise' for the creative forces behind the show.

Godfather
11-30-2011, 07:28 AM
I love Rick. He's the character with the most depth in Robert Kirkman's very addictive series. Sure it was obvious that Rick had to be the one to kill zombie-Sophie but it was still an awesome moment in the show.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2011, 11:47 AM

In terms of losing interest because it's slow... I really don't think I have the ability to stop watching any zombie show. I love this genre, part of it is the painfully slow torture of living on when the world has basically stopped and can't even die :shock: Maybe this season has taken that a bit far but it will turn around!!

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Nobody but Rick could do it. Shane is all talk and selfish action...he claims Rick is a poor leader because Rick will not abandon the girl, give up on the chained guy, etc. Shane only sees benefit and leadership attributes in those qualities that best serve his individual survival chances. Risk taken for anyone else is perceived as weakness. Shane sees only black and white, and cannot handle grey...which is why he is a poor potential leader.

Rick had to step up because he is the only one capable of making the TRULY hard choices...despite the fact that Shane claims otherwise. This moment clarified all of that. Rick is the one who will always step up, regardless of what comes to be, and he is the only one prepared to always do so.

Couldn't agree more about Shane....man, when Dale had that rifle up against his chest I was yelling "SHOOT HIM" at the TV :x

Alas it didn't happen :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Here's a pretty dead on re-cap of the last episode/first half of the season that I couldn't agree with more:

'The Walking Dead' and 'Pretty Much Dead Already': A cheap thrill-kill, or new life for the season?
By Ken Tucker

The Walking Dead closed out its mid-season last night, and things were not looking good for our protagonists, or for the series. The show has turned into a nighttime soap with occasional appearances by deceased but moving, flesh-rotting, flesh-eating cameo monsters. If I had to choose between another scene of Shane looking belligerent while talking in that affected drawl or one of zombies crawling all over him and eating Shane as he looks belligerent while talking in that affected drawl, I’d choose the latter. (It’s what he deserves after what he did to Otis anyway.)

How did we come to this? For one thing, the main characters slowly, steadily turned into Types: the strong silent one (Sheriff Rick); the long-suffering wife (Lori); the hot-head (Shane); the hot-head with arrows (Daryl); the blonde with a gun (Andrea); the wise old man (Dale); the wise young kid (Carl). None of these creations deepened in any appreciable way over the second season’s episodes thus far. The behavior of Glenn recently has been particularly, egregiously trite. The idea that he couldn’t keep a secret, even an important one such as Lori’s pregnancy, was played for laughs — oh, that Glenn, he just had to blurt it out! His puppy-dog love for Maggie is similarly unreflective or nuanced. Pretty girl + Glenn horny = a relationship? I’d like it to be a bit more complicated for Glenn, and Maggie, and by extension, us.

The show has not benefited from its move to the farm. At least when our survivors were in Atlanta, they were constantly on the move, a zombie around every corner, behind every car. On Hershel’s farm, there’s a lot of peeling carrots and potatoes, and idle time for Glenn to make out with Maggie. (As portrayed by Lauren Cohan, Maggie is one of the few humans in The Walking Dead who shows a range of emotions; I am pro-Maggie, even as I would bet she won’t be a regular by the end of the season.)

The final shot, however, redeemed some of the season’s general gutlessness thus far. In revealing Sophia as having hidden in semi-plain slight – one of the walkers in Hershel’s barn – that search can stop. But so does Sophia’s life. And in having Sheriff Rick pull the trigger on her (he, who had not participated in the slaughter of the walkers led by Shane), the dithering lawman/husband/father has at least drawn a line through his own code of morality: When it comes down to it, he’s closer to Shane than Hershel in his philosophy of (un-)life. He’ll kill, voluntarily. Unlike his wife, with her unborn child. Now, I realize there’s a world of difference between a zombie child and an unborn one, but this is the ethical thicket The Walking Dead itself had chosen to enter.

Rick can justify what he’s done as protecting his band of survivors, although I’m sure we’ll have to endure prolonged scenes of Sophia’s grief-stricken mother. (I’m not criticizing grief; I’m suggesting that The Walking Dead has a way of drawing scenes out beyond their useful dramatic purposes, to tug at our heartstrings or our bloodlust, depending on the scene.)

The search for Sophia had not been dramatic enough. Every week, it seemed, a passel of folks went out and rooted around for awhile, came back to camp, and everyone lives off the fat of Hershel’s land until it was time to go out and search for Sophia again. Occasionally someone reminded Rick they’re supposed to be headed for Fort Benning and he gets all huffy about not leaving any child behind. It became a parody of a Samuel Beckett play.

Then there’s the tendency of the show to botch truly dramatic situations. I’m thinking specifically of last week and Lori’s half-hearted attempt at terminating her pregnancy. Now, there are many reasons for her to be ambivalent about bringing a child into the world at this point, the two chief ones being, it’s Zombie-Land out there, and the child may be Shane’s, not Rick’s. And indeed, I’m sure many women do what Lori did last week: Decide to abort her fetus, and then have second thoughts. But does vomiting up the partially-consumed pills accomplish this? Certainly, taking “morning after pills,” as they were labeled, does not abort a weeks-old pregnancy — a fact that we have to assume the producers knew but chose to portray as ignorance on the part of Lori… who otherwise does not seem like an ignorant person. I guess we gave to factor the high emotions involved in all this, but still, it ended up seeming like a scene that was placed in The Walking Dead for an initial startlement of the viewer (“OMG, she’s going to abort her baby!”) only to have an immediate flip-flop (“Oh, she’s not going to do that!”).

The other controversial moral quandry is in that barn. Hershel has a fundamentally different view of the zombies than we’ve been trained to have by the protagonists we’ve been asked to identify with. Hershel thinks they’re people, people who should not be killed. He is, in this sense, positioned as the pro-life figure and thus redefines all of the heroes as being in opposition to that. Is it possible to define killing the walking dead as being “pro-choice”?

Being the sunny optimist that I am, I hope the rest of the season, when the series returns later this winter, gets a bracing snap of energy, a surge of forward momentum in its narrative. At least with what Rick and the others have done, Hershel may finally banish them from his idyll, and the series will return to the down-and-dirty surrealism that was its initial draw.

What did you think of the final scene of The Walking Dead this week, its implications, and the season thus far in general?

Goofy
11-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Another boring episode........ dead Sophia did bring a little 'yay' from me though, sick bastard that i am :D Now get the fuck out of that farm and go to a big city ffs :x

beowulf
11-30-2011, 09:24 PM
must admit im losing interest rapidly.............watched the first 3 episodes and got the next couple recorded,.....cant get up the enthusiam to watch them........there isnt any charectar that i warm to, they could all die and i wouldnt care. i said somewhere at the end of the first series that there had better be more zombies in the second!....so many plot holes! (if you want avoid wandering zombies find a river and a boat.......aint seen any swimming zombies).....to be honest its the next series of Falling Skies im waiting for cos this is letting me down big style

Hal-9000
11-30-2011, 09:55 PM
I guess I'm alone on the farm holiday.I enjoyed the change of pace and believe that little outlets of humanity would exist in that world.Otherwise it would be the same weekly attack of zombies on the interstate or in a city, rinse/repeat.

beowulf
11-30-2011, 10:01 PM
thing is we know thres some form of 'civilisation' somewhere.......remember the helicopter in episode 2 series 1?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm afraid TWD is suffering from Craprica disease....the only thing saving it thus far for me is the first season which kicked ass, which Craprica never had. Now it has devolved into a run of the mill, bland, boring drama with an occasional zombie.

:bored:

JoeyB
11-30-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm afraid TWD is suffering from Craprica disease....the only thing saving it thus far for me is the first season which kicked ass, which Craprica never had. Now it has devolved into a run of the mill, bland, boring drama with an occasional zombie.

:bored:

Glimmer of hope: Remember, the creative force behind the show basically imploded and was replaced between the two seasons...give them time and hope that the 'second half of the second season' is better.

Hal-9000
11-30-2011, 10:22 PM
I like what happened on the farm....I call it Post Apocalyptic Restructuring of Morals.

What are the new rules? Who do we follow and listen to? What happens when the new rules break down?

The farm eps are symbolic of that.Trying to regain civilization and civilized actions, when the whole world has gone to shit.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2012, 10:58 PM
by James Hibberd - Entertainment Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/pO8zP.jpg

Frank Darabont’s unceremonious exit from AMC’s The Walking Dead left many fans wondering what season 2 would have been like had he remained the showrunner.

Well, ParanormalPopCulture and AintItCool have apparently nailed down Darabont’s original plan for the season 2 premiere. And, if true, it was a fantastic idea. But so far, Darabont’s office, AMC and Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman all refuse to comment on these reports, which include a letter purportedly from Darabont himself. So there may be more news to come on this subject…

The opener allegedly flashbacks to the early days of the zombie apocalypse. The entire episode would have tracked a squad of Army Rangers dropping into Atlanta. They get trapped in a zombie outbreak. “All they have to do is travel maybe a dozen blocks, a simple journey, but what starts as a no-brainer scenario goes from ‘the city is being secured’ to ‘holy shit, we’ve lost control, the world is ending,’” Darabont describes in a letter to AICN. So, yeah — Black Hawk Down with zombies.

Along the way, the soldiers encounter some familiar faces from the show. “Picture our squad arriving at a manned barricade where some civilians are being held back from leaving the city on shoot-to-kill orders to stop the spread of contagion, it’s a panicked high-intensity scene, and in this crowd of desperate people we find Andrea and Amy. The barricade gunners panic, the civilians start to get mowed down by machine-gun fire, and in this melee the girls get pulled to safety by some old guy they don’t even know. It’s Dale. He’s nobody to them, just some guy who saw the opportunity to do the right thing and reacted in the moment.”

The end of the episode concludes with the last surviving member of the squad, now infected and dying, hiding in a tank. A very familiar tank…

“After the soldier dies this squalid, lonely death … and after a quiet lapse of time … we do a shot-for-shot reprise from the first episode of the first season: Rick comes scrambling into the tank to escape the horde … blows that zombie soldier’s brains out … now Rick’s trapped … fade out … the end.

The notion was to take the ‘throwaway’ tank zombie Rick encountered in the pilot, and tell that soldier’s story. Make him the star of his own movie, follow his journey, but don’t reveal who he is until the end. The idea being that every zombie has a story…”

Darabont compared the plan to the way Lost would occasionally break format with a “wild card” episode. Then Episode 2 would pick up back with Rick and the other survivors.

Darabont doesn’t say why the team jettisoned this episode, but there’s a few obvious guesses: It’s expensive and not essential to the story. But of those two, the potential cost issue is likely to get to the most attention from fans. Squabbles over budget were one reported reason Darabont was booted, though AMC has assured viewers wouldn’t really notice a qualitative difference. After all, it’s not like season 2 has taken place entirely on a freakin’ farm or anything … right?

Over on Paranormal, the actor who played the tank zombie, Sam Witwer, blamed budget worries for cutting the story.”This is all because people wanted to save money,” Witwer said. “This is all because they felt it necessary to cut the budget by — when you add in the tax breaks they’re pocketing — like 35 percent. Really? Budget cut? So, I’m not happy about it. And here’s the thing, it’s not as simple as don’t support The Walking Dead because there are a lot of good people on that set. People who are busting ass to entertain all of us … People who have been threatened to not speak out over what happened. It’s ugly … it’s really ugly what happened.”

If you’re fan, I recommend you click over to AICN to read Darabont’s letter in full (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52526). Witwer’s interview is here (http://www.paranormalpopculture.com/2012/01/sam-witwer-as-aidan-courtesy-syfy-as.html) (the actor describes the Atlanta battle as a potential Web series, Darabont corrects that description). Check back on this post and we’ll update if more clarity become available.

Hal-9000
01-09-2012, 11:08 PM
was gonna say....that tank thing sounded familiar :lol:

It would have been a great episode.I like the idea of the army thinking that they just have to contain a virus or similar and then the zombies kick ass! :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2012, 11:57 PM
was gonna say....that tank thing sounded familiar :lol:

It would have been a great episode.I like the idea of the army thinking that they just have to contain a virus or similar and then the zombies kick ass! :dance:

I agree, I wish they would have done that episode :(

Godfather
01-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Damn that sounds unreal, wish they'd made it.

Can't believe we still have to wait another month for a new episode. How stupid

Teh One Who Knocks
01-10-2012, 04:50 PM
All I can say is that when the new episodes return, there better be a little more action/adventure and a whole lot less As The Zombie Turns crap story lines :|

Hal-9000
01-10-2012, 05:10 PM
The farm was a wonderful subplot that illustrated the frailty of the human condition after a calamity.I loved it and hope that there's more :tup:

DemonGeminiX
01-11-2012, 08:30 AM
All I can say is that when the new episodes return, there better be a little more action/adventure and a whole lot less As The Zombie Turns crap story lines :|

Or what?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-11-2012, 11:27 AM

Or what?

Or I'm done with the show, it has become, in a word, BORING....and also, predictable.

Too much other good stuff on TV to waste time watching what has become a glorified soap opera with an occasional zombie thrown in.

DemonGeminiX
01-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Here's a preview scene from next season:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/tv-buzz-blog.aspx?blog=2080&feat=8a13d4d3-40aa-43bf-91b4-d3601b3e5aaf

Joebob034
02-07-2012, 04:29 PM
It's baaaaaaaack this Sunday, I wonder who they'll spend the whole season looking for this time? :-k

Hal-9000
02-07-2012, 04:33 PM
It's baaaaaaaack this Sunday, I wonder who they'll spend the whole season looking for this time? :-k

Noooooooooooooo!

I'm not ready :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-07-2012, 04:41 PM

This show is on a short leash with me now...something better happen. If it's more of As The Zombie Turns, I'm done.

DemonGeminiX
02-13-2012, 03:02 AM
:cheers:

MrsM
02-13-2012, 03:05 AM
It was better - but the wife driving by herself was just stupid

Hal-9000
02-14-2012, 03:07 PM
I liked it...especially when Rick wasted no time capping those thieving humans :x

JoeyB
02-14-2012, 09:20 PM
I liked it...especially when Rick wasted no time capping those thieving humans :x

I have a question you may be able to answer HAL...was this 'second half' to the season filmed at the same time as the first half, or afterwards?

Because, it occurred to me that we never did have a Miley Cyrus Bukkake party, and it also hit me that if they filmed this at the same time as the others, the best they could do in response to rampant criticism is some clever editing to tighten things up. But, if they filmed it afterwards, they might have been able to incorporate some changes based on negative feedback to the content of the previous episodes.

So, do you know?

DemonGeminiX
02-14-2012, 09:45 PM

He went all wild west gunslinger on their asses.

:tup:

Hal-9000
02-14-2012, 10:03 PM
I have a question you may be able to answer HAL...was this 'second half' to the season filmed at the same time as the first half, or afterwards?

Because, it occurred to me that we never did have a Miley Cyrus Bukkake party, and it also hit me that if they filmed this at the same time as the others, the best they could do in response to rampant criticism is some clever editing to tighten things up. But, if they filmed it afterwards, they might have been able to incorporate some changes based on negative feedback to the content of the previous episodes.

So, do you know?

No I haven't seen (or searched for) much background information on this show.I was one of the few who enjoyed last season.I thought the change of pace was good from the first season and illustrated how each pocket of survivors lives their lives.

JoeyB
02-14-2012, 10:41 PM
No I haven't seen (or searched for) much background information on this show.I was one of the few who enjoyed last season.I thought the change of pace was good from the first season and illustrated how each pocket of survivors lives their lives.

Well Hal you are right, there were (many) elements to last season that had value, I certainly wouldn't argue that. My main objection was that is slowed down to a snail's pace and went a tad soap opera.

Yt Trash
02-14-2012, 11:48 PM
I think I read to much into this episode, with the bar scene. When Rick didn't want the new guys coming to the Farm, it was almost like an epiphany to him(IMHO) that he didn't need anymore mouths to feed or take care of, but in essence it's probably the same thing the Farm owner(brain fart on name at the moment,) was feeling when Rick showed up with his entourage.

JoeyB
02-14-2012, 11:54 PM
I think I read to much into this episode, with the bar scene. When Rick didn't want the new guys coming to the Farm, it was almost like an epiphany to him(IMHO) that he didn't need anymore mouths to feed or take care of, but in essence it's probably the same thing the Farm owner(brain fart on name at the moment,) was feeling when Rick showed up with his entourage.

To me it just seemed as if he sensed they were dangerous and that those two strangers basically wanted to rape and pillage. He was protecting the others. I think he would normally offer to help human survivors...normally does not include at the moment though. Rick feels guilty for the trouble he has brought into the farm people's lives, so obviously he wouldn't purposefully invite strangers there when such is not his place to do so.

But again, those two bought the figurative farm because they were obviously taking advantage of other survivors.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-15-2012, 11:36 AM
It was better - but the wife driving by herself was just stupid

Yup, better, but not great. Started off a bit slow but it picked up by the 2nd half of the episode. And I agree, that was just a stupid scene altogether and it was completely cliched.

'Bout time he grew a pair :tup:

Still can't stand Shane though, I wish someone would kill him....or a zombie would eat him :|

Not sure what to take away from that scene as a whole TBH. I think maybe after the realization that he was leading them all on a pointless search for Sophia and that he was always looking for the 'good', after talking with Herschel in the bar he came to the realization that there's no good left in the world? Like I said, I dunno what to make of the scene.

Although you didn't have to be a cop to know that those were just two bad dudes with ulterior motives and Rick knew that if he were to let them find out where the farm was, nothing good would come of it. And his instincts were right because when Rick told them once again that he wasn't bringing them to the farm, dude that went behind the bar was going for his gun when Rick shot him.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2012, 08:24 PM
So, the title of this episode was "Nebraska"...sure let me down as I figured the group was gonna up and leave and make a cross country trek to Nebraska. All it ended up being was a passing reference that one of those assholes made near the end in the bar. :|

Hal-9000
02-16-2012, 10:06 PM
So, the title of this episode was "Nebraska"...sure let me down as I figured the group was gonna up and leave and make a cross country trek to Nebraska. All it ended up being was a passing reference that one of those assholes made near the end in the bar. :|

Also, Nebraska was their 'light at the end of the rainbow'. Their plan was to go there as they had heard it was safe.Now they have no where to go...

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Also, Nebraska was their 'light at the end of the rainbow'. Their plan was to go there as they had heard it was safe.Now they have no where to go...

Who's light at the end of the rainbow? I never heard anyone in the group mention Nebraska until those 2 hoods showed up and said something about it.

Hal-9000
02-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Who's light at the end of the rainbow? I never heard anyone in the group mention Nebraska until those 2 hoods showed up and said something about it.

:slap:

Rick's crew....pay attention :x

Teh One Who Knocks
02-17-2012, 02:12 AM

Rick's crew....pay attention :x

I told you that Rick's crew never mentioned Nebraska :x

Hal-9000
02-17-2012, 02:25 AM
I told you that Rick's crew never mentioned Nebraska :x

Go back and watch all of the previous season 2 episodes! :x

Nebraska was the plan

Teh One Who Knocks
02-17-2012, 02:27 AM
The plan was Ft Benning :facepalm:

Hal-9000
02-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Nebraska was mentioned! :x

You just weren't paying attention [-(

JoeyB
02-17-2012, 06:38 AM
Nebraska is probably the most under appreciated of Bruce Springsteen's albums.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-17-2012, 03:55 PM
TV reviewer's take on the return of TWD:

The Walking Dead is entering a strange, dangerous, and potentially awesome new era. After spending seven episodes on a go-nowhere search for an angelically boring little girl, the midseason finale back in November ended with Rick Grimes cathartically putting a big old bullet in Sophia's pretty little head. That's reason enough to be excited. But there's a big change behind the scenes of Walking Dead, too. We've finally caught up to the moment that made headlines last summer: the departure of Walking Dead developer, showrunner, and chief creative force Frank Darabont. Pause to imagine the executives at AMC firing a metaphorical bullet into Frank Darabont's metaphorical zombie head.

To be fair, it's unclear why Darabont left. It's equally unclear if this season's brutally slow pace was due an artistic miscalculation by the showrunner or a stingy budget from cost-conscious AMC. (Support for theory #1: Darabont directed the overlong The Green Mile and The Majestic. Support for theory #2: Darabont apparently wanted to make one episode into a total-warfare depiction of the zombie apocalypse, and instead the characters spent seven episodes at Hershel Greene's Cut-Rate Prefabricated Farm Set.)

But we're officially in the post-Darabont era now. Walking Dead's new showrunner is Glen Mazzara, who worked on The Shield and Life (yay!), but also Crash and Hawthorne (meh!) And in a fascinating interview with Vulture, Mazzara addresses all the major criticisms of The Walking Dead, and seems focused on fixing the show. He wants to make the show feel "less safe, more dangerous, more in your face." He's worried that the show was becoming "a little insular...a very small cast of characters on just a farm," and he pointedly wants to use the back half of season 2 to widen the show's world. He's also set on making the show feel more cinematic, and he talks about bringing a "seventies style of filmmaking" into the show's aesthetic. Perhaps most pointedly, Mazzara gently notes that Darabont had a sensibility better suited to features than long-form television: "Just wait for it, just wait for it, then you’ll be satisfied."

Of course, there was a time not so long ago when a showrunner named Tim Kring was giving lots of erudite interviews explaining his totally logical master plan for fixing Heroes. But to paraphrase an old John McCain quote, the fundamentals of Walking Dead are strong. The status quo could feasibly change at any time. (If Mazzara wanted to, he could bring in a herd of zombies to kill off all the lame characters.) The show is based on an incredible series of graphic novels -- comics that are positively filled with characters and story arcs that are vastly more interesting than anything the TV show has ever done. Walking Dead has proven that it can do all sorts of different tones: Tense horror, gory action, dark comedy, neo-western American myth.

So I'm optimistic about the show, even though last night's episode of Walking Dead seemed to represent a major step back from the thrilling midseason finale. The hour kicked off exactly where we left off in November. Rick lowered his gun and looked down at Sophia's zombie-corpse. One of Hershel's random children ran over and cried for her zombie mother, who promptly staged a Carrie and turned out to not be properly dead. Fortunately, T-Dog was around to kick the zombie-mama in the face, which is I believe the most T-Dog has contributed to the show all season. (Andrea found a creative use for a scythe, earning herself this week's Zombie Kill of the Week by default.)

Pretty much agree with everything.

DemonGeminiX
02-20-2012, 03:03 AM
:woot:

A showdown's a-comin'!!!

MrsM
02-20-2012, 03:11 AM
It's getting better :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2012, 03:36 AM
It's getting better :tup:

Best episode in a long time

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2012, 11:51 AM
So, is the group of people that they encountered (and now have one of their wounded with them) gonna be an issue the rest of this season, or is it just gonna be a couple of episode story arc? :-k

Man, when Rick ripped that guy's leg off that fence post, that made me cringe :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Also, at the end of the episode, with Laurie talking to Rick about Shane, do you think she's putting the idea into his head to kill Shane? Like pre-emptively before something happens?

Yes, Shane is unstable (and I absolutely hate him BTW), but I dunno if he would kill Rick outright. Although he was pretty insistent earlier in the episode that Laurie and Carl and the baby are "his" :-k

Joebob034
02-20-2012, 05:02 PM
I liked when the zombie ripped its own face off pushing through the windshield

Teh One Who Knocks
02-21-2012, 04:29 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-YAn3DtAUje0/T0PF2oWdKgI/AAAAAAAAADM/e7eraKYKR-0/s600/01.jpg

Joebob034
02-21-2012, 04:30 PM
that was intense, it'll be interesting to see what they do with the stanger

Teh One Who Knocks
02-27-2012, 03:06 AM
Okay, near the beginning of the episode and then at the end they showed the same thing, Shane looking at the car window at a lone walker in a field. What was that supposed to mean/symbolize do you think? :-k

DemonGeminiX
02-27-2012, 03:22 AM
Shane's lonely solitary soul. He's walkin' alone, him against the world, man. Dig it.

*Adjusts beret and snaps fingers*

Hal-9000
02-27-2012, 04:26 PM
I also think that the lone walker meant that they're getting closer...never stopping, no matter what kind of safe area you live in.

Shane and Rick's fight - He used the ol' - Tip the motorbike on the guy who's down trick :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I also think that the lone walker meant that they're getting closer...never stopping, no matter what kind of safe area you live in.

Shane and Rick's fight - He used the ol' - Tip the motorbike on the guy who's down trick :lol:

I like how he flung the huge pipe wrench at Rick :shock:

Hal-9000
02-27-2012, 04:35 PM
I like how he flung the huge pipe wrench at Rick :shock:

I think that may have been out of frustration, not meaning to hurt him..

Loved the scene with Rick on his back getting buried by multiple zombies :shock:

DemonGeminiX
03-05-2012, 03:01 AM
:shock:

:rip: :(

MrsM
03-05-2012, 03:07 AM
Once again they pissed me off when the kid went for his little walk - he should have been bit

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2012, 03:44 AM

:rip: :(

Can't say I am gonna miss him TBH

Once again they pissed me off when the kid went for his little walk - he should have been bit

Yeah, Carl has very quickly become an unsympathetic character...I wish now that he would have died when he got shot earlier this season.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2012, 11:58 AM
You know what's even worse about Dale biting it last night? I knew someone was going to die, someone major.

One of the entertainment websites I frequent put that big ol' spoiler RIGHT IN ONE OF THEIR HEADLINES ON THEIR FRONT PAGE :x :x :x

Why do those sites think that everybody wants to know what's going to happen in a TV show? :|

That said tho, to expand more on my feelings about Dale being gone now, the group really will be better off without him in the long run. Yeah, he though he was the 'moral compass' for the group, but, if it was even possible, he turned into even more of a pansy than he already has been. The world is different, it's kill or be killed now and something tells me that them not executing that kid when they had the chance is gonna come back to bite them in the ass before this season is over. Plus, Dale's excessive whining got old in a hurry.

However, I would have been just as happy if Carl had been the one to die. In fact, since he's the one that led that walker to the farm, they should throw him in chains and lock him in the barn with the other prisoner.

Hal-9000
03-07-2012, 02:59 AM
Carl is a confused 8 year old child growing up in a horrible new world :nono:

Dale got old with his wide eyed histrionics, at times I thought he was going to blow a vein from staring...glad he's gone :lol:

Ironically, Dale represented the part I like best about the show.What sort of moral structure do you construct when living in a world like that?

I'm with Lance about Shane, the actor certainly knows how to play buggy though.He should go...I guess they need him to offset Rick's good morals, another part I like about the show.How each individual handles the idea of literally living day to day.

Hershel has finally thrown in the towel.Good thing they made him a doctor with some skill, or else he would have been toasted months ago :lol:

I say Lord of the Flies time bitches! Grab a woman, some food, a gun and some beer and create your own little slice of heaven :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-07-2012, 03:02 AM
Carl needs to have his face eaten by a zombie :nono:

Hal-9000
03-07-2012, 03:07 AM
:hand: He is a child who hasn't formed any normal morals and emotions yet, people can't expect him not act like a kid and be curious one moment, then try to act like the (somewhat unbalanced) adults around him the next moment.

Let's face it...if he lives another 10 years he'll be more messed up than Manson :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-07-2012, 03:10 AM
Dale dying was all Carl's fault :nono:

Hal-9000
03-07-2012, 03:18 AM
Yes, on that point I agree.

Dale died badly :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-07-2012, 03:47 AM
I had a post in here saying that I liked Dale and I was gonna miss him, and that I thought Carl was exhibiting the warning signs of a serial killer... looks like we're missing a few posts.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-07-2012, 03:49 AM
I had a post in here saying that I liked Dale and I was gonna miss him, and that I thought Carl was exhibiting the warning signs of a serial killer... looks like we're missing a few posts.

You may have posted it just as the forum went down yesterday?

DemonGeminiX
03-07-2012, 03:59 AM
You may have posted it just as the forum went down yesterday?

I think I posted it late Sunday night/early Monday morning. It was a response to your last post in here on Sunday night saying you weren't gonna miss Dale.

It's a relatively small matter. If that's all we lost, then I guess we should count ourselves lucky.

Hal-9000
03-07-2012, 04:04 AM
All my posts are intact, nothing else matters :thumbsup:

Joebob034
03-07-2012, 05:43 PM
I was shocked that Dale died, I didn't see that coming. I know some people don't like comparing the show to the comic but I will say that is why I liked the comic so much. It was unpredictable and nobody was safe. Characters you thought would be safe for a while died suddenly and unexpectedly. I thought that was something the show was missing. Honestly when's the last a main character died (not counting Sophie). That being said I was sad to see Dale go, I liked him as the moral compass of the group. However, I agree that they should've killed that new guy. I thought it was pretty telling when he was talking to Carl in the barn and was obviously trying to trick him into letting him go "You and your parents can join my group, etc.". Especially now that he's been beaten, almost executed, and being kept as a prisoner first chance he gets he's gonna go back to his group to raid the farm.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah, it's obvious from his interaction with Carl that the new kid is not to be trusted. If he escapes he will definitely hightail it back to the other group and from what he did disclose, it sounds like they are heavily armed.

Not to mention they sound like a bunch of savages when the kid was telling Daryl about how some in the group raped a couple of teenage girls they stumbled upon while making the parents watch. :|

Also, with 2 episodes left in the season, I unwittingly stumbled on a spoiler. If people want to know, I'll say it, but if not, I will keep it to myself. I hate knowing spoilers :|

Joebob034
03-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I have a good idea what might happen but yeah I don't want to see any spoilers

Hal-9000
03-07-2012, 09:36 PM
One part I liked that was minor...When Hershel gave Glen the watch.Cool move and not expected from Hershel :thumbsup:

Kinda pictured him as the old school redneck as well as the protective father...

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2012, 02:03 AM
BOOM!!!

MrsM
03-12-2012, 02:06 AM
BOOM!!!

goes the dynamite

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2012, 02:15 AM
This season finale is gonna fuckin' rock hard!!!

:dance:

Griffin
03-12-2012, 02:17 AM
with the herd of walkers crossing the field I bet Laurie is wishing she had let Shane finish the crows nest in the windmill.

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2012, 02:34 AM
Glen and Darrell still have to make it back to the farm out of the woods from the opposite direction.

Griffin
03-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Darrell needs a crossbow like Van Helsings (http://steelcloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/van-helsing-crossbow.jpg).

Joebob034
03-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Is anyone else wondering why Shane turned into a zombie?

MrsM
03-12-2012, 04:03 PM

Yes - and the guy that Shane killed

Joebob034
03-12-2012, 04:06 PM

did he turn into a zombie too? Cuz I thought that was just some random zombie.

MrsM
03-12-2012, 04:08 PM
did he turn into a zombie too? Cuz I thought that was just some random zombie.

I thought he was a zombie - because they couldn't find a bite on him and his neck was broken

Joebob034
03-12-2012, 04:10 PM
I thought he was a zombie - because they couldn't find a bite on him and his neck was broken

yeah I thought they found him dead in the woods but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

MrsM
03-12-2012, 04:16 PM
yeah I thought they found him dead in the woods but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

He attacked Glenn and Daryl - after they killed (re-killed) him Daryl was looking the body over and mentioned the broken neck and no bite marks

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 12:46 AM

Yup, it seems that people can randomly become a zombie after dying without being bitten. And Shane became a zombie in a hurry.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 12:55 AM
with the herd of walkers crossing the field I bet Laurie is wishing she had let Shane finish the crows nest in the windmill.

I have a tiny problem with that part...at the start of the episode, after Dale had been killed, they went on a sweep to check the fences and look for walkers. How on earth did they manage to miss a gaggle of zombies like the one coming across the field?

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 03:34 AM
I have a tiny problem with that part...at the start of the episode, after Dale had been killed, they went on a sweep to check the fences and look for walkers. How on earth did they manage to miss a gaggle of zombies like the one coming across the field?

I think we're talking two days later from when Dale died...or at least a day.Which brings up a question...Since Dale was bit, did they double tap him in the head or mutilate the corpse before burying? :lol: Can't leave him in that state after death..

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 03:36 AM
Yup, it seems that people can randomly become a zombie after dying without being bitten. And Shane became a zombie in a hurry.

I thought the same thing when the kid showed up as a zombie....no bites.Did Anyone catch the flashes when Shane was dying? All zombie eyes and creepy stuff :shock:

So what's the cause if you don't get bit? People die and it's in the air now?

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 03:39 AM
Unfortunately I read an interview with the creators and they were pretty gung ho about saying the last few shows will be great, because we're not afraid to kill off main characters.Supposedly like the comic book (I've never read one).

They didn't give any direct spoilers but I could tell that more than Dale would go this season....I thought it symbolic that Carl ended up 'helping kill' Shane. His biological father starts it and son finishes the job.

Griffin
03-13-2012, 03:51 AM
I think Shane had been turning before he was kilt.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Unfortunately I read an interview with the creators and they were pretty gung ho about saying the last few shows will be great, because we're not afraid to kill off main characters.Supposedly like the comic book (I've never read one).

They didn't give any direct spoilers but I could tell that more than Dale would go this season....I thought it symbolic that Carl ended up 'helping kill' Shane. His biological father starts it and son finishes the job.

I didn't like the scene with Carl killing zombie Shane...it's dark/very low light, Carl is a good 25 yards away, if not farther, and Carl gets off a perfect head shot having to shoot past his dad? :-s

Yeah, okay :rolleyes:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 10:41 AM
I thought the same thing when the kid showed up as a zombie....no bites.Did Anyone catch the flashes when Shane was dying? All zombie eyes and creepy stuff :shock:

So what's the cause if you don't get bit? People die and it's in the air now?

Yeah, all that zombie flashing stuff was weird. The only logical thing that makes sense is that the disease that turns people into zombies is airborne now and if you die, you will be infected. That would mean that everyone is a carrier of the disease.

Maybe that's what the CDC guy whispered into Rick's ear back at the end of season 1? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 10:58 AM

I saw a spoiler last week, I knew someone else big was gonna die :wha:

But, in the reality of the show, you know this showdown with Shane and Rick had to come at some point. What I don't understand is, a couple of episodes back, Lori is basically telling Rick that she's afraid of Shane and without coming out and saying it directly, she tells Rick that he needs to kill Shane. Then in this past episode, she has this breakdown and gets all weepy at Shane. Made no sense to me.

Griffin
03-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah, all that zombie flashing stuff was weird. The only logical thing that makes sense is that the disease that turns people into zombies is airborne now and if you die, you will be infected. That would mean that everyone is a carrier of the disease.

Maybe that's what the CDC guy whispered into Rick's ear back at the end of season 1? :-k

It had to be something else from the beginning, there was no one to bite the first peeps.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 11:11 AM
It had to be something else from the beginning, there was no one to bite the first peeps.

Could have been an injection that started it all and they never thought the disease would mutate to something that would go airborne? Because up until now, you had to be bitten or scratched by a zombie to turn into a zombie :-k

Griffin
03-13-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm thinking chemtrails (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory).

Joebob034
03-13-2012, 03:57 PM

Does that mean Lori's baby is gonna be born a zombie like in the Dawn of the Dead remake? Or do you have to be dead for it to make you a zombie?

But, in the reality of the show, you know this showdown with Shane and Rick had to come at some point. What I don't understand is, a couple of episodes back, Lori is basically telling Rick that she's afraid of Shane and without coming out and saying it directly, she tells Rick that he needs to kill Shane. Then in this past episode, she has this breakdown and gets all weepy at Shane. Made no sense to me.

I think that's what pushed Shane over the edge. He seemed to be sort of complacent after his fight with Rick and then Lori says all that stuff and you could see all those feelings return on his face.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Does that mean Lori's baby is gonna be born a zombie like in the Dawn of the Dead remake? Or do you have to be dead for it to make you a zombie?

I would assume that as long as the baby is alive it won't be zombified? :-k

Unless it died in the car accident she had a few episodes back and then eats its way out of her :cheers:

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 05:29 PM
I didn't like the scene with Carl killing zombie Shane...it's dark/very low light, Carl is a good 25 yards away, if not farther, and Carl gets off a perfect head shot having to shoot past his dad? :-s

Yeah, okay :rolleyes:

Yes that looked to me like Rick was going to plugged if anything :lol:

:doh: sooorry Pa!

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 05:31 PM

Would be perfect really.....flashback to him whispering - It's airborne....

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 05:33 PM

Yeah I think maybe her chat with Shane was like a preemptive strike....they know he's crazy so maybe she figured an apology would help him get off the crazy you're my girl and carl is my son thing...

The net is ripping her character apart for making stupid, non empowering moves for women :lol: I recall MrsM said that was a doh-head move taking the car out herself and then getting into trouble :lol:

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 05:34 PM

I think that's where the CDC will come in...

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Another thing I didn't care for was Mike (the redneck hillbilly tough guy?) seems to be an A-1 homicide detective :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 05:37 PM
You mean Daryl?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Would be perfect really.....flashback to him whispering - It's airborne....

Exactly my thoughts

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah I think maybe her chat with Shane was like a preemptive strike....they know he's crazy so maybe she figured an apology would help him get off the crazy you're my girl and carl is my son thing...

The net is ripping her character apart for making stupid, non empowering moves for women :lol: I recall MrsM said that was a doh-head move taking the car out herself and then getting into trouble :lol:

She's the most annoying character on the show now that Dale is dead...she can go anytime and I'll be happy.

MrsM
03-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Not sure who Mike is - but to me the most annoying now is the kid Carl

Also Glenn needs to grow a pair and shack up with the farmers daughter

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Also Glenn needs to grow a pair and shack up with the farmers daughter

He thinks he's 'lost his edge' because he has feelings for her, so he's trying to keep a distance

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 05:53 PM
You mean Daryl?

yes thanks...he gleaned way too much info walking through that forest....I think he knew it was Shane before anyone else did

(love the character btw)

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 05:54 PM
It's a little ironic...they all man up and decide to do the 'right thing' as a group

and two of their cast mates die in successive shows :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 06:06 PM
yes thanks...he gleaned way too much info walking through that forest....I think he knew it was Shane before anyone else did

(love the character btw)

He definitely does seem to be Mr CSI, doesn't he :lol:

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 06:10 PM
:lol: yes..

I did like the last scene with Rick and Shane a lot....tension was building although nothing was really being said and then Rick holsters his gun and turns around, full well knowing Shane is planning on killing him.

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 06:12 PM
You know what would be excellent?

If Laurie's baby came out zombified :lol:

It would be such a downer if they discovered that all potential new life would be zombies...

:dance: maybe a scene for when they end the series

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 07:20 PM
:lol: yes..

I did like the last scene with Rick and Shane a lot....tension was building although nothing was really being said and then Rick holsters his gun and turns around, full well knowing Shane is planning on killing him.

Very well done scene....the tension building the whole time they are walking thru the woods. And then the outcome...TBH I was a bit surprised that Rick made the first move to actually go in for the kill. But I guess he figured at that point, even tho it looked like he talked Shane down from the edge, that he had no choice at this point except to kill Shane. For all Rick knew, Shane would try and kill him again, and the next time Rick might not see it coming.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 09:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KPjVOh.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2012, 10:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pOrzb.png

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/which-character-are-you

DemonGeminiX
03-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Apparently, I'm Glenn. That means I get to fuck Maggie!!!

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 10:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KPjVOh.jpg

*building perimeter trench, filling it with flammable stuff and some gas and waiting with matches*

:face:

Hal-9000
03-13-2012, 10:59 PM

awww man I'm a zombie :sad2:

Griffin
03-14-2012, 12:44 AM
awww man I'm a zombie :sad2:

You just figuring that out?

Hal-9000
03-14-2012, 01:35 AM
I NEEEEEED BRAAAAAAAAINNNNNSSSSSS!

*looks at Grif, snifs and keeps shufflin on by*

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2012, 07:20 PM
So, anyone think there will be more deaths of main characters in the finale Sunday or are they done with pruning the main cast? :-k

MrsM
03-14-2012, 07:28 PM
I think there will be more - but most likely someone from the farm - like Hershel or Glenn's woman

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't count them as part of the 'main' cast...TBH I'm looking forward to when the gang decides to up and leave that stupid farm. First half of the season was sooooooo boring.

MrsM
03-14-2012, 07:35 PM
I think the deaths will be the push to leave the farm. They will take some of the farm people with them and they will develop into main characters.

Joebob034
03-14-2012, 07:41 PM

haha I got Dale, I guess that means I'm dead

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2012, 07:49 PM
I think the deaths will be the push to leave the farm. They will take some of the farm people with them and they will develop into main characters.

I'm thinking they should kill T-Dog...he's the most useless guy there, never has any lines, and is just dead weight.

MrsM
03-14-2012, 07:52 PM
Haha - I got Dale too

DemonGeminiX
03-14-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm thinking they should kill T-Dog...he's the most useless guy there, never has any lines, and is just dead weight.

:nono:

You can't kill the token black guy, the NAACP will come after you. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will be all up your ass.

Hal-9000
03-14-2012, 09:54 PM

I was going to say that 2 episodes ago he didn't have any lines....last ep, 1 line

:lol: bye!

DemonGeminiX
03-19-2012, 02:05 AM
:woot: :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2012, 02:44 AM
Great episode...up until the 'hooded figure' showed up :rolleyes:

About time Rick grew some balls, was good to see. If all it took was killing Shane to do it, he should have done it a long time ago.

And now we have to wait about 6 months for new episodes :sad2:

:cheers:

DemonGeminiX
03-19-2012, 02:50 AM
up until the 'hooded figure' showed up :rolleyes:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Again, T-Dog had a minimal amount of lines, time to sacrifice him to the next herd of zombies :shakehead:

Sorry, but I'm right :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2012, 10:50 AM
I don't understand what caused the zombies to 'herd up' in the first place. The opening scene showed a few city zombies that noticed a chopper in the air and they seemed to meander in the direction the chopper was flying, but since zombies are attracted by noise/movement, what kept them heading in that general direction after the chopper was long gone (which eventually brought them to the far)?

I know one of the gang mentioned that it seemed like the walkers were migrating, but that doesn't make any sense as I don't think the walkers feel heat/cold that would cause them to move en masse like that.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2012, 10:59 AM
And what about that complex that was visible in the distance when they panned up at the end of the episode? Military complex? Medical? Some other government facility (CIA or some other shady group)? Corporate? Prison? It obviously pre-dates the zombification of the population because it looked huge and there's no way during the zombie times that anyone could have constructed it. :-k

DemonGeminiX
03-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Sorry, but I'm right :hand:

DemonGeminiX
03-19-2012, 01:26 PM
And what about that complex that was visible in the distance when they panned up at the end of the episode? Military complex? Medical? Some other government facility (CIA or some other shady group)? Corporate? It obviously pre-dates the zombification of the population because it looked huge and there's no way during the zombie times that anyone could have constructed it. :-k

I'd tell you what it is, but you'd just get upset at me. I will tell you that it's a pivotal part of the comic book series, just like the hooded figure that you're passing judgement on before finding out what it's all about.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I don't want any spoilers from the comic book readers in the audience, this is discussion about the TV show. Bad enough when reading about this on entrainment sites, they rarely, if ever, give you warning when they start bringing up things from the comic books :wha:

And I can pass judgment on anything I want :nono:

MrsM
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
I watched the "Talking Dead" show after the show and they said a few things to answer some of the questions above.

The hooded person that saved Andrea - it's a she (can't remember her name) and yes it's the character from the comic book

the facility at the end - they were calling it the jail

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2012, 01:48 PM
That's why I don't watch that :|

Joebob034
03-19-2012, 02:36 PM
I watched the "Talking Dead" show after the show and they said a few things to answer some of the questions above.

The hooded person that saved Andrea - it's a she (can't remember her name) and yes it's the character from the comic book

Her name is Michonne, and DGX is right it is a good character

What's with Lori getting all pissed at Rick after he told her that he killed Shane. Isn't she the one that told Rick Shane's dangerous and needs to be dealt with. Well Rick dealt with it and now you're all offended, wtf?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2012, 02:49 PM
What's with Lori getting all pissed at Rick after he told her that he killed Shane. Isn't she the one that told Rick Shane's dangerous and needs to be dealt with. Well Rick dealt with it and now you're all offended, wtf?

Yeah, that made no sense at all...just like when I mentioned her breakdown in front of Shane the episode before. A few episodes back she was basically telling Rick to put a bullet in Shane's head and now she's all mad that he finally killed him?

Of course I'm a little biased because I can't stand Lori at all.

MrsM
03-19-2012, 04:28 PM
My take on that was that she was playing both sides to ensure that she was going to be taken care of because she knew that one of them needed to go.

She was upset because she feels responsible and perhaps was leaning toward Shane versus Rick

DemonGeminiX
03-19-2012, 06:34 PM
I think Lori's more mad at herself for setting her husband and his best friend on this path where one of them inevitably ends up dead at the hands of the other. I think maybe it's her guilty conscience coming into play.

DemonGeminiX
03-19-2012, 06:38 PM

Booyah! Michonne is the best character in the comic book. And we're going to the Prison, so you know The Governor is a-comin'!!! Shit's about to get real evil on this show, baby!!! :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2012, 06:40 PM
My take on that was that she was playing both sides to ensure that she was going to be taken care of because she knew that one of them needed to go.

She was upset because she feels responsible and perhaps was leaning toward Shane versus Rick

I think Lori's more mad at herself for setting her husband and his best friend on this path where one of them inevitably ends up dead at the hands of the other. I think maybe it's her guilty conscious coming into play.

I hate Lori and wish she would DIE :x

And what a horrible mother she is, at least once per episode she loses Carl somewhere :roll:

As far as I'm concerned, they can be the next 2 victims instead of T-Dog.

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 04:58 AM
I don't understand what caused the zombies to 'herd up' in the first place. The opening scene showed a few city zombies that noticed a chopper in the air and they seemed to meander in the direction the chopper was flying, but since zombies are attracted by noise/movement, what kept them heading in that general direction after the chopper was long gone (which eventually brought them to the far)?

I know one of the gang mentioned that it seemed like the walkers were migrating, but that doesn't make any sense as I don't think the walkers feel heat/cold that would cause them to move en masse like that.

I think it's migratory, but not in the sense of living things.Either that building at the end is somehow leading them there or they're following food sources...my money is on the building.

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 05:00 AM
And what about that complex that was visible in the distance when they panned up at the end of the episode? Military complex? Medical? Some other government facility (CIA or some other shady group)? Corporate? Prison? It obviously pre-dates the zombification of the population because it looked huge and there's no way during the zombie times that anyone could have constructed it. :-k

Yeah it had to built before or immediately when the outbreak began...or it's just a converted existing building.Strange that Hershel wouldn't have known about it.I realize that they had driven a fair ways but they can't be that far from his home county.

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 05:01 AM

HEY! :x

shhhhhh

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 05:03 AM
I think Lori's more mad at herself for setting her husband and his best friend on this path where one of them inevitably ends up dead at the hands of the other. I think maybe it's her guilty conscience coming into play.

I think the same

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 05:07 AM

I hate Lori and wish she would DIE :x

And what a horrible mother she is, at least once per episode she loses Carl somewhere :roll:

As far as I'm concerned, they can be the next 2 victims instead of T-Dog.

I don't like Lori's character either...never have.I agree with some of the TV critics saying she does nothing for the empowerment of women and always makes lame, stupid emotional decisions.
But then again, there's always going to be people like that in a group, perhaps it's a more spot on portrayal than we give them credit for?

I've always liked the character of Andrea...considering what her character has gone through and the bit she said about having the right to die in the new world, I would take her as a wingman over most of the other cast.

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 05:12 AM
What I liked and didn't like...

Darryl's comment to Glen about driving :lol:

Glen shooting from a moving truck, at moving targets, with a shotgun :|

Hershel telling them to bring it when the zombies were attacking his farm :thumbsup:

Everyone getting mad and wanting to leave Rick because he kept the 'we're born with it' secret :|

Showing the actor who played Shane during the opening credits :|

Jimmy or Timmy or Lassie :lol: getting overrun in the RV.He could of matted it and at least taken out a couple of zombies trying to get in...kick them in head...lock the damned door in the first place? :|

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 05:16 AM
Near the start of the show when the zombies were massing and they leaned against the fence and broke it , did anyone notice how Romero-esque the music and the staging was?

DemonGeminiX
03-20-2012, 06:32 AM
I think it's migratory, but not in the sense of living things.Either that building at the end is somehow leading them there or they're following food sources...my money is on the building.

Yeah it had to built before or immediately when the outbreak began...or it's just a converted existing building.Strange that Hershel wouldn't have known about it.I realize that they had driven a fair ways but they can't be that far from his home county.

HEY! :x

shhhhhh

I think the same

I don't like Lori's character either...never have.I agree with some of the TV critics saying she does nothing for the empowerment of women and always makes lame, stupid emotional decisions.
But then again, there's always going to be people like that in a group, perhaps it's a more spot on portrayal than we give them credit for?

I've always liked the character of Andrea...considering what her character has gone through and the bit she said about having the right to die in the new world, I would take her as a wingman over most of the other cast.

Hershel telling them to bring it when the zombies were attacking his farm :thumbsup:

Everyone getting mad and wanting to leave Rick because he kept the 'we're born with it' secret :|

Jimmy or Timmy or Lassie :lol: getting overrun in the RV.He could of matted it and at least taken out a couple of zombies trying to get in...kick them in head...lock the damned door in the first place? :|

Near the start of the show when the zombies were massing and they leaned against the fence and broke it , did anyone notice how Romero-esque the music and the staging was?

Wow. 7 responses in a row! Whore much?

:nana: :dance: :meatspin:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2012, 10:38 AM

No, you are most likely spot on about Lori, in a real group in a situation like this, there would always be somebody like her around somewhere. So for that, the show gets realism points, but it doesn't mean I have to like her. :lol:

DIE! DIE! DIE! :x

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2012, 10:39 AM

Hard to tell how far they really traveled, they don't give much of a reference on the time frame other than it was getting near dark when Rick's vehicle ran out of gas. But with a complex that large and with living there his whole life, you would at least think that Herschel had an idea about that building being there. :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2012, 10:42 AM

Yeah, the accuracy of the people shooting from moving vehicles and still being able to nail the walkers in the head was completely unbelievable....didn't care for that either :|

And as for Rick keeping the 'we're infected' secret from the group, I dunno why they were pissed at him either about it. He made a valid point when he said that he didn't know for sure about it until Shane turned. He was completely right when he mentioned that the CDC guy was batshit crazy, so until there was proof, why bring up something that may be false? And even if he did tell the group immediately, how does that change things?

I didn't notice the Shane thing during the opening credits (I usually just FF thru that stuff)...what happened?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2012, 10:43 AM

Very cool scene IMHO :thumbsup:

Joebob034
03-20-2012, 02:47 PM

Yeah, I don't think I would've told anybody that either. Look at what they had just gone through. They barely make it to the CDC. Then when they thought they had safety there they had to leave and go back out into the chaos. If Rick had told them "Oh BTW, we're all infected anyway" how do you think that would've affected the group? Morale was already probably real low, telling them that news might have been the breaking point and caused them all to stay behind like that black woman.

That guy was an idiot. Wouldn't you think to lock that side door before driving off? And what are you doing parking and getting up. As soon as Rick and Carl were on the roof I would've driven off or exited out the driver side.

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah, the accuracy of the people shooting from moving vehicles and still being able to nail the walkers in the head was completely unbelievable....didn't care for that either :|

And as for Rick keeping the 'we're infected' secret from the group, I dunno why they were pissed at him either about it. He made a valid point when he said that he didn't know for sure about it until Shane turned. He was completely right when he mentioned that the CDC guy was batshit crazy, so until there was proof, why bring up something that may be false? And even if he did tell the group immediately, how does that change things?

I didn't notice the Shane thing during the opening credits (I usually just FF thru that stuff)...what happened?

Just the normal name and picture for Shane :oops:

DemonGeminiX
03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Just the normal name and picture for Shane :oops:

They did the same for Dale.

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM

They did the same for Dale.

:zombie:

:coat:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah, they aren't gonna make special opening credits for the last couple of episodes just because some characters got killed off :shakehead:

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 05:51 PM
They should :x

*writes letter*

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Which letter? :-s

Imma guess it was the letter Q :)

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Which letter? :-s

Imma guess it was the letter Q :)

It was actually 2 letters....

F. U. :)

DemonGeminiX
03-20-2012, 06:48 PM

Free Uganda?

Goofy
03-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Been staying out of this thread since the new eps air in the US a few days before here......... just watched the finale.......... yeehah!!!!! Finally some zombie horde action :woot: Best episode of the season by a fucking loooooooong way! Was sick to death of that fuckin boring farm :x Anyone know what kind of pump-action shotgun Hershel was using? It could fire 30-40 rounds without a reload :lol:

I was gonna guess at a prison.......

And now i dont have to guess :x Spoiler tags........ :sad2:

Know what i really hate though? The fact that we'll now have to wait months for a new episode just as its getting good :x

When does the new True Blood start? :lol:

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Hey Goof...I thought the same about a few of the guns they were using :lol:

Hershel's and Glen's could fire at least 10 shells without a reload

Goofy
03-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Definitely, hollywood guns! :lol: Hershel was class though, just standing there at the porch unloading......... fuckin awesome :lol:

Just did that personality test thing that Lance posted......

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5736/dalef.png (http://img692.imageshack.us/i/dalef.png/)

I'm gonna get all eated :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Definitely, hollywood guns! :lol: Hershel was class though, just standing there at the porch unloading......... fuckin awesome :lol:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5736/dalef.png (http://img692.imageshack.us/i/dalef.png/)

:point:

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 09:49 PM

I liked that scene too :thumbsup: ....and I got Rick on the survey thingy...

You got DALE??????? :rofl:

Goofy
03-20-2012, 09:59 PM
:point:

:zombie: *bites Lance*

You got DALE??????? :rofl:

You and Lance both got Rick.......... one of you will have to die then :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Hush up there zombie bait :hand:

DemonGeminiX
03-20-2012, 10:10 PM
I got Glenn. I'm still alive and I get to bang Maggie!!!

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2012, 10:13 PM
I got Glenn. I'm still alive and I get to bang Maggie!!!

Yet you couldn't post the proof that that was your result...curiouser and curiouser :-k

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 10:14 PM
:zombie: *bites Lance*

You and Lance both got Rick.......... one of you will have to die then :thumbsup:

I loved the quiz itself, excellent graphics.Thought some of the questions were a little ambiguous though - either you kill them or you kill them :lol:

Goofy
03-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Yet you couldn't post the proof that that was your result...curiouser and curiouser :-k

I bet he got Otis :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-20-2012, 10:15 PM

:lmao:

Goofy
03-20-2012, 10:16 PM
I loved the quiz itself, excellent graphics.Thought some of the questions were a little ambiguous though - either you kill them or you kill them :lol:

I'm gonna do it again and go with the really girl answers :lol:

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 10:16 PM
The big question on the quiz and from the show itself is - If one of your friends or relatives got bit or scratched, would you give them some medicine or blow their head off right now? :face:

it's a good question

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 10:18 PM

Would you be overweight and slow and become a human shield? :face:

Iffy
03-20-2012, 10:48 PM

:hand: you gave obvious answers. We all know you're a Sophia

Hal-9000
03-20-2012, 10:49 PM
:hand: you gave obvious answers. We all know you're a Sophia

:sad2: I was hoping for Andrea, then I would have a nice, tight butt

DemonGeminiX
03-20-2012, 10:52 PM

:hand:

Green doesn't look good on either of you.

I get to bang Maggie!!!

MrsM
03-20-2012, 11:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i240YgsA_rs#!

DemonGeminiX
03-20-2012, 11:53 PM
And of course, I will never use it on human beings, only zombies... I SWEAR... *flashes big shit-eating grin*.

Yeah, somehow, I don't believe he's being totally sincere.

MrsM
03-21-2012, 12:19 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/x0tyet.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Anyone know what kind of pump-action shotgun Hershel was using? It could fire 30-40 rounds without a reload :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/3NzUt.jpg

Goofy
03-25-2012, 10:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3NzUt.jpg

Awesome :lol: Guess i wasnt the only one to pick up on that then :mrgreen:

Yt Trash
03-25-2012, 11:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2Lv5N.jpg

Yt Trash
03-25-2012, 11:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kojBA.jpg

Yt Trash
03-25-2012, 11:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ikWx9.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2012, 09:43 PM
by Dalton Ross - Entertainment Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/vxrfF.jpg

By the time season 2 of The Walking Dead wrapped up — after the deaths of Dale and Shane, and the appearance of comic book favorite Michonne and the prison — fans were whipped into a frenzy and acting like zombies themselves with the insatiable hunger for more, more, MORE! But during the season’s first batch of episodes in the fall of 2011, it was a bit of a different story, with some viewers grumbling about the slow pacing as the survivors hung around on the farm and searched for lost Sophia. (The payoff, of course, was that a zombified Sophia would eventually be found locked in the barn.) With season 3 of the show (premiering Oct. 14) just around the corner, I asked the cast and producers how they felt about the criticism from a year ago of there being too much chatter and not enough splatter. Here’s what they told me.

NORMAN REEDUS (Daryl Dixon)
“People are going say whatever they’re going to say anyway. If we killed a zillion zombies last season everyone would say, ‘There’s no storyline, they don’t talk enough.’ So f— ‘em! I’ve been trying to get into Game of Thrones. I can’t tell if it’s the future or the past, but those motherf—ers talk the whole time. Do I gotta bitch about it, or am I going to watch it and enjoy? I’m going to watch it and enjoy. People are going say whatever they say. You have to talk to tell a story. It’s not a cartoon. The pace this season is definitely amped up. We’re just talking faster.”

STEVEN YEUN (Glenn)
“You take it personal in a way because this is something that you’ve worked hard at — and as a group, as a collective, you feel like you put your blood, sweat and tears into this. But at the same time, you realize that the arts are subjective. You accept what they give you, and then subsequently laugh when they say, ‘I can’t wait for the next season.’ And you’re very thrilled and happy about that. We know how this plays out by virtue of us filming this. So for me, it was always just like: Wait for it; wait for it. There’s a plan; we’re all here. There’s a solid checks and balances system of not letting something go too far one way. It’s a beautiful group dynamic, and I think it’s a testament to the cast and crew and writers and producers; everybody has their gear that they work. We get it, we’re not perfect, and obviously, last season wasn’t perfect. But you tweak, you stay consistent as well. You hope that people come back and watch.”

SARAH WAYNE CALLIES (Lori Grimes)
“When it comes to a criticism of the pacing and stuff, I think when the show attains a certain level of visibility there’s going to be negative reviews, there’s going to be criticism, there’s going to be controversy. I think in a show like this, quite frankly, if we don’t engender a certain level of criticism and controversy, we’re probably not taking enough risks. I don’t know that I’d be comfortable if it were a show that everybody universally felt positively about. We shoot children in the face. I think the pace of the first half of the second season was a huge creative risk because it slowed down to the pace of a stage play instead of the pace of a horror movie. And I think that risk, in my mind, was absolutely worth it. The first season was so fast and so short. You got a chance to really invest in those characters and really explore them. I think that’s Frank’s genius as a writer — he’s not about what happens as much, in my opinion, as he is about who’s making it happen and why. Who cares about what happens to these people if we don’t know them deeply and intimately? I think those episodes were so important, and they’re also the springboard.”

ANDREW LINCOLN (Rick Grimes)
“I don’t watch the show, and I don’t read reviews. I stay out of the equation. All I knew is, I always had a sense that they wanted to play it out as a big movie. They always wanted to say that it’s a big story we’re telling and if you stick with it you will be rewarded. That was always Frank’s intention and Glen’s too. I shot it, so I was like, ‘I know what’s coming.’ I remember doing a lot of press for Spain, and Spain was going, ‘More Zombie.’ And I was like, ‘Please believe me, there is more zombie killing coming.’ Of course we want to get the balance right. We’re still learning what works and what doesn’t work. You can please some of the people some of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time. You can’t please all the people all the time. That’s just taste, and that’s cool. What I keep saying to people is that there is a very vocal, very extreme group of people that want a certain thing from this show. And they will watch this show. They will because it is extreme — more extreme than any f—ing thing I’ve ever been on. And the stuff we’re doing this season is out of the ballpark — it’s crazy what we’re doing this season.”

LAURIE HOLDEN (Andrea)
“It’s not a Glen Mazarra – Frank Darabont thing. It’s storytelling, and I think that, first of all, you can’t please everybody — there’s always going to be a hater. But it needed to develop slowly in the beginning for the story — to get to know the characters, to really set up the conflict so you could go quickly and just have this tornado of action. But it can’t be like that all the time. I think it all ended up the way that it was supposed to.”

ROBERT KIRKMAN (Exec producer)
“I know that we’re all very proud of season 2, and we’re very happy with how it turned out. I think that once you see it all as a whole, you see how the first half — that some people said was slow — kind of built to a cool moment and really facilitated what happened in the later faster paced episodes.”

GALE ANNE HURD (Exec producer)
“It’s got to put it in perspective. The number of people who complain are so minor; it’s a small group that we tend to blow it out of proportion. If they were that unhappy, they would have tuned out. They would not have been around —since we had a split season — come February when we started up again. I think it’s everyone’s right to be able to complain, but for the most part we would not have had the investment in the characters — many of whom ended up not making it to the end of the season — if we hadn’t spent that time the first half of the season building up the character dynamic and getting to know them better.”

Hal-9000
09-06-2012, 10:34 PM
I never had a problem with last season. To me, it was a natural progression to try and find some semblance of a home or at least a home base. You can only be on the road for so long, watching for zombies every minute of the day. When they came across the farm, it had water, defensible positions (house, barn etc) and a doctor! :lol:

I even bought the Hershel angle about locking his relatives and friends up in a barn with the hope of finding a cure. I know it would be hard for me to shoot my Mom or my best friend, even if they are zombies.

Hal-9000
09-06-2012, 10:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kojBA.jpg

:lol: I missed this first time around

Griffin
10-15-2012, 02:07 AM
I don't want Rick performing any surgery on me.

Dr Death
10-15-2012, 05:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKxVuZ5kTpw

PorkChopSandwiches
10-15-2012, 03:44 PM
I don't want Rick performing any surgery on me.

But he was finished so quickly

Hal-9000
10-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Oh Lordy....it's like they took the fan's criticisms to heart about the lack of zombie killing and made up for it in the first 15 minutes :lol:

zombies in riot gear :thumbsup:
Darryl almost getting some old poontang :thumbsup:
young Carl drooling over the teen blonde :thumbsup:

and Rick applying the band aid to Hershel :thumbsup:

Goofy
10-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Quality season opener :tup:

Hal-9000
10-16-2012, 08:09 PM
How about Glen poking them zombies with his pole through the fence?... nice effects :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
10-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Gotta say...I sure am loving Rick's character after the most recent ep. He finally looks and acts badass :thumbsup:

Griffin
10-23-2012, 01:09 AM
10 months of wading through animated corpses would toughen even you a bit.