PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Hal-9000
12-01-2017, 08:22 PM
I just heard a podcast where the speaker outlined the Morgan progression.

I thought Morgan could have met the FTWD people in between when he first met Rick, then caught up with TWD again in season three. Apparently there wasn't enough time :lol:

Both shows are so vague on time passage, it's hard to know who is where, when.

New theory in short is a big time jump, that has to be on FTWD. So then both shows will be more or less taking place in the same time frame now. Only a theory though.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-04-2017, 04:59 PM
Fucking Eugene :x

Hal-9000
12-04-2017, 05:03 PM
I love Eugenisms....but I have to agree with a commentor last night who said this episode was too much.

Can't the guy just say - Yes, I think I can do that :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2017, 12:49 PM
Okay, so we just had the mid-season finale yesterday and....I dunno, it just irks me how the Saviors seem to be able to dig out of any and all holes and immediately gain/regain the upper hand easily when no matter what the Good Guys do, they always take 1 step forward and two steps back. :wha:

Oh, and Carl :rip:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2017, 12:51 PM
And seeing Maggie put a bullet in the head of that Savior POW for revenge, damn girl :tup:

Hal-9000
12-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Can't say I liked this one :|

As Lance mentioned the Saviors were surrounded by walkers, walkers were pouring in a hole and then they yada yada the progression for this to happen? Within hours, the Saviors from all posts somehow regroup, formulate a three pronged plan and execute it flawlessly? Almost every Savior outpost was destroyed and they somehow gather enough people to mount this kind of attack? They commend Eugene for leading the walkers away when his original plan with the 3 decibel iPod failed?

If that wasn't enough, Maggie's group just sits in their cars and had time to at least step out.

And the absolute worst for me...Rick taps Negan on the chest with the handle of the bat rather than braining him??? Come on...

Hal-9000
12-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Oh and bye Carl :wavey:

I had more emotion hearing Neil get shot in the back seat of Maggie's car :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2017, 06:30 PM
Yeah, Carl dying has been a long time coming, for sure :lol:

I don't remember when he got bitten though? :confused:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2017, 06:31 PM
Yeah, and the way the Saviors did everything you said so quickly and methodically makes absolutely no sense, especially when you consider that Rick And The Gang had plans set up and people in place and everything, yet they were ALL taken by surprise?

Hal-9000
12-11-2017, 06:51 PM
Yeah, and the way the Saviors did everything you said so quickly and methodically makes absolutely no sense, especially when you consider that Rick And The Gang had plans set up and people in place and everything, yet they were ALL taken by surprise?

Did they all facetime on their iPhones? Do the Saviors have vehicle short cuts and GPS tracking to coordinate these types of attacks?

:lol: I love the show but when huge plot changes like that happen...and seem logistically impossible...well it just reminds me of FTWD writing.

I know they're going to do some sort of flashback showing how Eugene freed them all and maybe something about how the attacks were planned but it is insulting.

Hal-9000
12-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Yeah, Carl dying has been a long time coming, for sure :lol:

I don't remember when he got bitten though? :confused:

That dude is one bad, flat actor :lol:

Can't really believe they're going to toast the character, thought he'd be there until the end.

*raises glass of chocolate pudding and pours one out for Carl.

Hal-9000
12-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Oh, they didn't show Carl getting bitten. I think we are to assume it happened when he went to pick up Siddiq.

But then we get the 16 hour turning process which always seems a little wonky to me. Some people turn in 60 seconds, some people like Carl get to milk it for a day or so

Hal-9000
02-21-2018, 09:13 PM
Oh yeaaah :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
02-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Oh yeaaah :-k

:slap:

Hal-9000
02-22-2018, 04:12 PM
What? I couldn't recall how Cyclops dies and needed a refresher.

It was a lame offscreen event, when he rescues a lame offscreen character and he does the ol pull up the shirt later to expose a bite scenario.

That means you pissed off the writers :lol:

Hal-9000
02-23-2018, 05:19 PM
I know a secret....and it's big

Teh One Who Knocks
02-23-2018, 05:23 PM
I know a secret....and it's big

Carl makes your naughty place tingle? :-k

Hal-9000
02-23-2018, 05:42 PM
It's really hard to even warn against a certain google search without spilling it...not confirmed but all signs point to...

Teh One Who Knocks
02-23-2018, 05:46 PM
:lala:

Hal-9000
02-23-2018, 05:51 PM
Changing the subject...according to a site, Andrew Lincoln only makes 90 grand per episode. Big bucks I know, but nothing compared the actors on Friends and Big Bang Theory who drag down millions...and are not worth it in my opinion.

Lincoln is 10x the actor of any of those other mooks..

Teh One Who Knocks
02-23-2018, 06:15 PM
I think that's just because of the network it's on? They don't have the same kind of money to throw around as the big networks do.

Hal-9000
02-23-2018, 07:36 PM
I think that's just because of the network it's on? They don't have the same kind of money to throw around as the big networks do.

Yeah apparently Norman Reedus makes around 80 grand per episode.

No offense because I love the character, but most times he gives one look, one grunt, maybe a line or two, then flicks his greasy hair out of eyes and he's out :lol:

According to my Hollywood Reporter buddy, it's a large ensemble cast and that chews up lots of the budget. Most people think it's the effects, and they are expensive compared to other prime time shows, but over half the cast has been around for ten years and apparently, that's where the money goes.

Hal-9000
02-23-2018, 07:38 PM
I wonder how they're going to handle the Morgan transition?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-23-2018, 07:38 PM
Yeah, Daryl is a good character and all, but he lacks a bit of depth :lol:

Hal-9000
02-23-2018, 07:42 PM
That's why the Talking Dead bothers me sometimes...

Yeah Norman man he knocked it out of the park during that scene!! (big hugs and high fives on the couch)

And all Reedus did was drive a motorbike for 20 feet and look cool :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-23-2018, 07:45 PM
I wonder how they're going to handle the Morgan transition?

Zombify him :thumbsup:

Never really been a big Morgan fan myself.

That's why the Talking Dead bothers me sometimes...

Yeah Norman man he knocked it out of the park during that scene!! (big hugs and high fives on the couch)

And all Reedus did was drive a motorbike for 20 feet and look cool :lol:

:lol:

And so many people say that if they ever kill Daryl off they will quit watching the show.

Hal-9000
02-23-2018, 07:53 PM
Yep, agreed on Morgan. I saw an interview with the actor and man is that guy full of himself. He talked about one of his scenes like it was the best performance of Shakespeare ever witnessed.

My curiosity is about the logic on how they handle it. Morgan is going to the FTWD world. Does that mean Fear catches up with TWD in terms of timeline, or will it be a huge flashback before he met Rick.

Hollywood Reporter guy did a long podcast outlining how it would impossible for Morgan to interact with the FTWD people at any point in his progression on TWD. So he feels that somehow the two stories will be brought together in terms of timeline. Oh yay..

Teh One Who Knocks
02-23-2018, 07:58 PM
Yeah, because in TWD timeline, Rick stumbled upon Morgan after coming out of his coma, not long after the outbreak, so Morgan was in Georgia when the apocalypse happened. And I'm not really sure how far FTWD is into the apocalypse timeline, but they are way behind TWD. So does that mean they will do a 'time jump' in FTWD to bring things in line? And really, I'm not even sure why they NEED the two series to converge. I mean what, is Morgan going to work his way to California for some unknown reason?

Hal-9000
02-23-2018, 08:13 PM
Yeah, because in TWD timeline, Rick stumbled upon Morgan after coming out of his coma, not long after the outbreak, so Morgan was in Georgia when the apocalypse happened. And I'm not really sure how far FTWD is into the apocalypse timeline, but they are way behind TWD. So does that mean they will do a 'time jump' in FTWD to bring things in line? And really, I'm not even sure why they NEED the two series to converge. I mean what, is Morgan going to work his way to California for some unknown reason?

That's kinda what I'm getting. The two timelines have to converge for it to make any sense. Otherwise, it may be a worse fan situation than the dumpster death.

The writer at THR told where Morgan was at each stage of the TWD storyline. It was long but a summary is - Morgan had a family, lost them, met Rick...and the time in between them initially saying goodbye and reuniting didn't offer any opportunities for Morgan to be in southern LA or Mexico and come back.

That asshole writer Gimple said that's why they've purposely kept the timelines vague on both series, in case we need 'to adjust things.'

Hal-9000
02-25-2018, 05:47 PM
The universe does listen. Scott Gimple is moving to head content position and Angela Kang takes over the showrunner/head writer spot. The first half of season eight has been called disastrous :lol:

I wouldn't say that. I will say that I don't need to see entire episodes of endless shootouts that go nowhere however.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2018, 11:40 AM
Could they have dragged Carl's death out anymore? :x By the end of the episode I was all "I wish he would die already" :lol:

And I always thought those flash forward visions were Rick's, but the have been Carl's the whole time? :-k And somehow I don't see Negan being all nice and happy and 'living happily ever after' like in those visions.

Hal-9000
02-26-2018, 04:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ImtPQUw.jpg

Muddy
02-26-2018, 04:29 PM
Ya'll still watching this crap? Jesus 119 pages.

Hal-9000
02-26-2018, 04:30 PM
Could they have dragged Carl's death out anymore? :x By the end of the episode I was all "I wish he would die already" :lol:

And I always thought those flash forward visions were Rick's, but the have been Carl's the whole time? :-k And somehow I don't see Negan being all nice and happy and 'living happily ever after' like in those visions.

The part with Negan seemed like a cautionary tale if that was Judith with him. Maybe Rick's subconscious saying - If I forgive and not give in to my wrath, Negan ends up with everything?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2018, 04:31 PM
The part with Negan seemed like a cautionary tale if that was Judith with him. Maybe Rick's subconscious saying - If I forgive and not give in to my wrath, Negan ends up with everything?

Those were Carl's 'visions' though, not Rick's.

Hal-9000
02-26-2018, 04:34 PM
A part of the writing made me chuckle. Carl lays there dying explaining how Rick had to do certain things for him and Judith. Then later Rick regurgitates the exact incidents and reasons back saying he did it for Carl and Judith, as if he didn't hear one dying word Carl said :lol:

Hal-9000
02-26-2018, 04:37 PM
And of course they turn Morgan into a semi badass because I dissed him before the episode. Nothing like pulling a few guts out to get that inner non violent philosophy confused :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Okay, the Garbage People are no more (except for Jadis). :cheers:

So she can talk normal? Then WTF was with all the stupid talk the whole time? :facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
03-05-2018, 04:38 PM
I don't think Simon's gonna be around for much longer....

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2018, 04:42 PM

Not after Negan finds out that he wiped out all the Garbage People.

Hal-9000
03-05-2018, 04:46 PM
Okay, the Garbage People are no more (except for Jadis). :cheers:

So she can talk normal? Then WTF was with all the stupid talk the whole time? :facepalm:

One of the nicknames for the Garbage People is the Heapsters, which I find funny. After last night's episode it really applied because her story made them seem like young creators of art who wanted to make a statement about the world using the dump.

I actually thought the actress did a good job last night and was also surprised to hear her drop the baby talk. Maybe that was part of the Heapster mentality?

I really enjoyed last night's episode, both the format and what happened. I found myself leaning over to Negan's side at times when he was talking about his method to save people (kill only one and save the rest). When he said - Because it works! I kinda got a little chill down my spine because there is truth in the comment.

Hal-9000
03-05-2018, 04:47 PM

Not after Negan finds out that he wiped out all the Garbage People.

Chekhov's blue paint..

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2018, 04:48 PM
One of the nicknames for the Garbage People is the Heapsters, which I find funny. After last night's episode it really applied because her story made them seem like young creators of art who wanted to make a statement about the world using the dump.

I actually thought the actress did a good job last night and was also surprised to hear her drop the baby talk. Maybe that was part of the Heapster mentality?

I really enjoyed last night's episode, both the format and what happened. I found myself leaning over to Negan's side at times when he was talking about his method to save people (kill only one and save he rest). When he said - Because it works! I kinda got a little chill down my spine because there is truth in the comment.

I was kind of taken aback as to how hard Negan took Carl's death. I thought maybe he and Rick would have a breakthrough of some kind, but no, Rick is going to throw away everything his dying kid wanted and still try and kill Negan.

Hal-9000
03-05-2018, 04:54 PM
I was kind of taken aback as to how hard Negan took Carl's death. I thought maybe he and Rick would have a breakthrough of some kind, but no, Rick is going to throw away everything his dying kid wanted and still try and kill Negan.

I'm not a comic reader, apparently the Carl/Negan relationship there is closer than on the show.

Listening to my favorite podcast about the show, the two hosts were joking that Carl only made it grade one or two and then went on the road after the zombie apocalypses.

So they open the letters and no one can read them because they're all just scrawls and nonsense :lol: :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2018, 05:04 PM
Chekhov's blue paint..

Coach me up sir, I'm not familiar with that.

Hal-9000
03-05-2018, 05:16 PM
Coach me up sir, I'm not familiar with that.

Chekhov's Gun is a term usually referencing stage plays that says in essence - You don't show a gun in act one and then do nothing with it. By the third act it should be fired.

It gets more technical than that talking about plot devices that shouldn't be introduced if there is no relevance in the piece of work. Play, story, movies.

For Walking Dead, you may recall Eugene saw some paint and connected it in a pretty big way to Dwight, which helped them forge an alliance of sorts.
Last night we saw both Rick and Simon step in the paint...and Negan doesn't know about what Simon did at the dump.

I predict the paint will somehow tie Simon to the massacre.

Hal-9000
03-05-2018, 05:29 PM
When Jadis was explaining that the Garbage was the canvas and 'we were the paint', I was touched.

Then I saw the conveyor belt of gore and thought - Yep, you certainly were the paint :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2018, 05:34 PM
Chekhov's Gun is a term usually referencing stage plays that says in essence - You don't show a gun in act one and then do nothing with it. By the third act it should be fired.

It gets more technical than that talking about plot devices that shouldn't be introduced if there is no relevance in the piece of work. Play, story, movies.

For Walking Dead, you may recall Eugene saw some paint and connected it in a pretty big way to Dwight, which helped them forge an alliance of sorts.
Last night we saw both Rick and Simon step in the paint...and Negan doesn't know about what Simon did at the dump.

I predict the paint will somehow tie Simon to the massacre.

Oh, I knew about the Chekov's Gun thing, I though the Chekov's Paint was another reference :oops:

Hal-9000
03-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Yeah I apply the term to anything that looks it may be placed into a show for a later reason.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2018, 05:58 PM
Yeah I apply the term to anything that looks it may be placed into a show for a later reason.

:beatdown:

Hal-9000
03-05-2018, 06:00 PM
:-s

What? I explained the term and then how I applied it...without insulting you. Take the win :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2018, 06:04 PM

What? I explained the term and then how I applied it...without insulting you. Take the win :lol:

You could have just said the blue paint is Chekov's Gun :slap:

I will take what I want when I want [-(

Hal-9000
03-05-2018, 06:12 PM
You could have just said the blue paint is Chekov's Gun :slap:

I will take what I want when I want [-(

You asked what the term meant so it seemed apparent you didn't know about Chekhov's anything :x

Fine, no more mister nice guy [-(

Teh One Who Knocks
03-22-2018, 02:16 PM
Seems like Negan was having a pretty bad day. :-k

DemonGeminiX
04-09-2018, 02:29 PM
:rip: Simon

Teh One Who Knocks
04-09-2018, 04:42 PM
He got greedy :nono:

At least we know now who led the massacre of all the men/boys at Oceanside :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
04-16-2018, 10:23 AM
Soooo...they're stetting up Hilltop v Alexandria for some point next season :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
04-16-2018, 10:25 AM
Although I do have to agree with Maggie, they should have killed Negan. I do find it a little improbable that after all that happened, as soon as Negan was taken down, all the Saviors just fell in line and wanted to live in peace and harmony.

DemonGeminiX
06-01-2018, 04:22 AM
Andrew Lincoln is leaving the Walking Dead after season 9.

http://collider.com/andrew-lincoln-leaving-walking-dead-season-9/

Griffin
11-05-2018, 03:21 AM
Halfway through tonights episode when Anne's (Jadis) RV broke down I told my wife how this episode would end.
I nailed it.

Griffin
11-26-2018, 03:13 AM
wasn't expecting them to kill off Jesus :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2018, 11:35 AM
That was sad :(

Griffin
11-26-2018, 01:29 PM
On the Talking Dead Tom Payne was asked if this was really the end of Jesus. He replied "Well no one has stuck a knife in my head yet."

Hal-9000
12-25-2018, 06:18 PM
Rick dies (not really!) falling on a piece of rebar,
Maggie leaves without a word,
Jesus gets outmoved by a guy sewn into a zombie suit...

:-k

I hate knowing about the actors and their contracts for this show.

Maggie got a new series and was not happy before she left.
Guy who played Jesus said he wasn't happy about lack of screentime.

And Rick is coming back for alleged movies away from the rest of the cast?

Thisis one of the problems with the show. The horrible writing/motivations/dumpster scenarios.

example:

If Rick Grimes was abducted he would move heaven and earth to get back to Michonne, 24 yr old Judith and the new little spud (5 yr old) he had with Michonne.
And we get to believe that in 6 years (recent time jump on show) since he was abducted Rick never once made it back?

Nope.

Hal-9000
01-17-2019, 09:03 PM
Losing Rick Grimes is like a rock band losing it's iconic and talented singer, then trying to fill in using four different singers with half the talent.

Not sure if the band will go on.

In other news, the preview for Lauren Cohan's new show actually looks good.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-17-2019, 09:13 PM
I've got the 'wait and see' attitude for the rest of the season. It may or may not break the show and get it canceled depending on how it proceeds.

Hal-9000
01-17-2019, 09:36 PM
I'm on a TWD forum that does recaps and I realized people are weird.

You critique the episode, you're a hater and get comments like - Why do you even watch this show?? :x (duh, because I don't know the episode sucks until I've WATCHED it)

You like the episode and get called a network shill and/or get accused of sucking up to the podcasters who do the recap.

And the poor podcasters. :lol: They take time to watch the episodes, take notes, then record an hour long podcast (which is free) and they get so much negative backlash at times, it's a wonder they even upload the thing in the first place.

A commentor gave me a nice compliment and then asked - So why do you watch after 10 seasons if you hate it? I replied that I don't hate every episode and that they've answered their own question. Because I have watched a show for 10 seasons, I've made an investment of time. I explained that I used to look forward to TWD all week long and it was the highlight of my weekend. Now, when I see the same characters moving about the chessboard doing the exact same things week after week, I'm allowed to complain.

Because of interactions with the Hollywood Reporter guy, we get to hear things about people like Scott Gimple who have almost driven this show into the ground.

I've always said - They have the budget, they have a built-in great premise that can be explored a hundred different ways, and a talented cast of great actors. The only thing they lack is good writing. There have been some outstanding moments in the past, now everyone seems to have a kill switch.*

*kill switch on or off depending on the season. Rick, Morgan, Carol...hell now even Eugene :lol: all keep changing their basic motivations and it's getting old.

Hal-9000
02-06-2019, 08:48 PM
Episode 9 was released this past weekend to a pay service. I caught it on a streaming site.

Won't comment yet although not much changed from episode 8.

DemonGeminiX
02-08-2019, 10:32 PM
'Walking Dead' Shocker: Danai Gurira to Exit (Exclusive)

Danai Gurira, the breakout star of AMC's The Walking Dead, is exiting the series.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Gurira, who officially joined the series in season three as iconic katana-wielding bada-- Michonne, has signed a deal to return for her final season of the zombie drama.

Under her new deal, Gurira will return in a limited capacity — described as only a handful of episodes — that will be interspersed throughout season 10. The actress, playwright and social activist will then likely segue to the three Walking Dead movies that AMC is planning with former leading man Andrew Lincoln. The latter has played the central role of Rick Grimes since the pilot and departed in the first half of season nine.

AMC and representatives for Gurira declined comment.

Gurira's departure — like Lincoln's — is considered a creative blow to The Walking Dead. Both Rick and Michonne remain focal points of Robert Kirkman's source material on which the AMC series is based.

"She has been very vocal about saying that she loves the show. We love Danai; we love that character. Right now, she's got a lot of opportunities and she needs to weigh what she feels is best for her. But we certainly would want her on the show as long as she wants to be on it," AMC programming president David Madden told The Hollywood Reporter in November. "We really want her to stay. She is an incredibly valuable character and I'm really hoping she stays. Obviously, the lesson of Andy is that the show can survive anybody's departure if need be but that's not our goal. The goal is to have Danai continue on whatever basis she can make work, given the other things that she has going on in her life."

While a massive change to The Walking Dead, Gurira's departure is not completely surprising given her breakout status. Since Gurira joined the show in 2012, the actress with a Master's of Fine Arts from NYU with a theater background has used the top-rated series as a launchpad. She has continued her work as a playwright, co-writing (and co-starring in off-Broadway production In the Continuum, winning an Obie Award and Outer Critics Circle Award. She made her Broadway debut in 2009 in August Wilson's Joe Turner's Come and Gone. Gurira's 2012 play, The Convert — which just ended its run in London with her Black Panther co-star Letitia Wright — earned her a Whiting Award for emerging playwright. In 2016, her future Black Panther co-star Lupita Nyong'o starred in Eclipsed, which Gurira wrote. That play, Broadway's first with an all-female to premiere on Broadway with an all-female and black cast and creative team, earned Gurira a Tony nomination for best play. She is also part of the Oscar-nominated cast of Marvel's massive blockbuster smash Black Panther and reprised her role as Okoye in Avengers: Infinity War and all signs point to Okoye appearing in the highly anticipated Avengers: End Game. Gurira is also currently adapting Chimamnda Ngozi Adichie's Americanah into a miniseries that she will produce alongside Nyong'o — who will also star.

For the Walking Dead franchise, however, the three Lincoln-led films have now gained some serious star wattage with Gurira. (Lincoln and Gurira were romantically paired on Walking Dead and Madden noted he had "high hopes that Rick and Michonne's paths will cross again.") The first film will be told from Rick's point of view.

The three movies — set to begin production this year — will air on AMC, with the basic cable network, in success, partnering with a second party to help share the costs of what are expected to be cinematic features that are made for television.

Gurira had been in talks with AMC for a new contract since well before season nine started. With Lincoln and co-star Lauren Cohan's (Maggie) departures already on the books, sources say re-upping Gurira became a top priority as the two camps worked out details on an exit strategy. Meanwhile, Gurira's co-stars — Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Melissa McBride (Carol) — signed multiple-year "franchise/universe deals" with AMC.

Sources say those pacts will cover three years of the franchise as a whole, meaning if their characters are written off of the flagship and relocated to another property in the Walking Dead franchise — or depart completely — they would continue to get paid. Both received sizable raises. Reedus — who also hosts and exec produces AMC's unscripted motorcycle series Ride With Norman Reedus — earns $350,000 per episode on top of additional guarantees and advances in a deal that sources say could be worth anywhere from $50 million to $90 million. McBride's deal will see the actress score an estimated $20 million over three years.

Those deals allow Reedus and McBride to jockey between Walking Dead properties, including crossing over to companion series Fear the Walking Dead and, potentially, roles in the trio of TV movies. AMC, under chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, has further expansion plans beyond the movies for its billion-dollar franchise.

Financial details of Gurira's contract were not immediately available.

Gurira becomes the latest series regular to exit The Walking Dead. In addition to Lincoln, Xander Berkeley (Gregory) and Tom Payne (Jesus) were (spoiler alert) killed off. Cohan opted to depart after she and AMC could not come to terms on a new contract. The actress remains open to a return and has said that there at least were some talks for a spinoff of some sort featuring her fierce survivor, Maggie. (AMC has declined comment on that.) Lincoln was No. 1 on the call sheet, followed by Reedus (the show's new male lead), Cohan, Gurira and McBride.

On the activism side, Gurira in December was named a U.N. Women Goodwill Ambassador. She will lend her name and dedicate her support to spotlighting gender equality and women's rights — and focus on putting unheard women's voices front and center. On Feb. 14, Gurira will mark the third anniversary of her Love Our Girls awareness campaign she launched to highlight the struggles, experiences and challenges of girls and women across the world.

Gurira is repped by UTA, Suskin Management and Jackoway Austen Tyerman.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Meh, I'm pretty much over her mopey and brooding character this season now that Rick is 'gone'. FFS it's been 6 years, get over it just a little maybe? :rolleyes:

And I'm starting to get bored with this show. I dunno, it's like all they do is face the 'next big bad' that comes along. It's getting stale to me I guess.

Hal-9000
02-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Michonne is the new Clint Eastwood. All she does is scowl and talk quietly... while scowling.

Hal-9000
02-12-2019, 08:14 PM
I made the mistake of saying the Whisperers are hardly threatening at the recap podcast site. Keep in mind I don't read the comics.

Another commenter tries to convince me that the Whisperers can herd a large group of walkers as a distraction, while they stealthily sneak off somewhere else and pull shenanigans.

I respond saying - Yeah but it's a one trick pony. Once other humans realize they're dressed as walkers, the jig is up. The Whisperers now have to kill every witness to preserve the secret.

Guy responds back saying that I just don't get it.

I reply - If I had a bow or a gun, I would plug every walker in the arm or leg until someone screamed or pissed their pants in pain.

Aaaaaaaand what did Daryl do in the first scene with walkers after discovering the secret?? :)

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2019, 08:19 PM
Exactly...everyone kept talking about how the "worst" big baddies was coming along. And maybe it was a little tense at first, but this whole last episode was just kinda meh.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2019, 08:20 PM
Especially now they can't even communicate by whispering like they did. Everyone is going to know as soon as they hear a whisper, they're out there somewhere :lol:

Hal-9000
02-12-2019, 08:23 PM
So did anyone catch the Rosita (Imma whore) progression?

She's with Father Gabriel, knows Eugene loves her and is going to have Saddiq's baby :lol:

From one brief sentence we get that she fooled around with Saddiq and some point, but when?

And here's another weird one...did you catch Michonne's thanks to Daryl? Thanks for looking for Rick...and that other thing.

That other thing? :shock: Is Michonne's five year old spud the spawn of Daryl?

Hal-9000
02-12-2019, 08:26 PM
Exactly...everyone kept talking about how the "worst" big baddies was coming along. And maybe it was a little tense at first, but this whole last episode was just kinda meh.

Especially now they can't even communicate by whispering like they did. Everyone is going to know as soon as they hear a whisper, they're out there somewhere :lol:

Someone brought up a good point. I think Eugene said the walkers may be evolving so they can use rudimentary tools and organize themselves. Why not explore that?

To me that's 10 times scarier than some chick named Lydia dressed up in a walker mask. Who cries constantly for a 43 minute episode...

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2019, 08:27 PM
So did anyone catch the Rosita (Imma whore) progression?

She's with Father Gabriel, knows Eugene loves her and is going to have Saddiq's baby :lol:

From one brief sentence we get that she fooled around with Saddiq and some point, but when?

And here's another weird one...did you catch Michonne's thanks to Daryl? Thanks for looking for Rick...and that other thing.

That other thing? :shock: Is Michonne's five year old spud the spawn of Daryl?

Is it Saddiq's kid? I was kinda confused about all that and missed some of the dialog. I didn't hear (or get the impression) it was his.

And yeah, she's way out of Eugene's league. Well, basically everyone is out of Eugene's league :rofl:

And don't forget, Rosita was with Sarge before that and they used to let Eugene watch even though he thought he was being sneaky.

Not sure what the other thing Michonne was saying to Daryl about. Unless it's dealing with the Whisperer they caught meaning she doesn't need to deal with it.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Someone brought up a good point. I think Eugene said the walkers may be evolving so they can use rudimentary tools and organize themselves. Why not explore that?

To me that's 10 times scarier than some chick named Lydia dressed up in a walker mask. Who cries constantly for a 43 minute episode...

:agreed:

Hal-9000
02-12-2019, 08:33 PM
Is it Saddiq's kid? I was kinda confused about all that and missed some of the dialog. I didn't hear (or get the impression) it was his.

And yeah, she's way out of Eugene's league. Well, basically everyone is out of Eugene's league :rofl:

And don't forget, Rosita was with Sarge before that and they used to let Eugene watch even though he thought he was being sneaky.

Not sure what the other thing Michonne was saying to Daryl about. Unless it's dealing with the Whisperer they caught meaning she doesn't need to deal with it.

According the podcasters the quick sentence about having fun = Rosita having Saddiq's baby.

Michonne and Daryl's conversation is just my perverted suspicion. Both of them were so distraught that Rick died, they boinked. Funny we don't see very much (nothing) of her new kid.

We are burying the lead once again...what about Negan??? I agree with the podcasting community that his entire 30 minutes served no purpose. He escaped, toured the old sights, got a leather jacket and headed right on back home.

Must say I loved Judith's line. Negan swears and she says - Hey, watch your language asshole! :x

I still don't buy an eight year old girl is allowed to walk around with a magnum that's bigger than her arm...

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2019, 08:38 PM
According the podcasters the quick sentence about having fun = Rosita having Saddiq's baby.

Michonne and Daryl's conversation is just my perverted suspicion. Both of them were so distraught that Rick died, they boinked. Funny we don't see very much (nothing) of her new kid.

We are burying the lead once again...what about Negan??? I agree with the podcasting community that his entire 30 minutes served no purpose. He escaped, toured the old sights, got a leather jacket and headed right on back home.

Must say I loved Judith's line. Negan swears and she says - Hey, watch your language asshole! :x

I still don't buy an eight year old girl is allowed to walk around with a magnum that's bigger than her arm...

Yeah, I mean it's been 6 years give or take, what did Negan think? Everything was gonna be the same? Absolutely pointless.

And the wife said the same thing about Judith. As if they would let her just go out all alone any time she wanted.

Hal-9000
02-12-2019, 08:52 PM
Yeah, I mean it's been 6 years give or take, what did Negan think? Everything was gonna be the same? Absolutely pointless.

And the wife said the same thing about Judith. As if they would let her just go out all alone any time she wanted.

Yeah man you lock up a guy like Negan for six years and I bet he's knocking heads first night out and running Alexandria by morning.

Someone on the net said TWD was trying and succeeding in turning Negan to a sympathetic character...

:roll: Same guy who took out two main characters by beating them to death with a baseball bat.

One of the best acting jobs I've seen on that show was the episode where Lauren Cohan was talking to Rick on the porch as the sun was going down and she said - It's time to put the children to bed. And then she hung Gregory. Also, when she was going to Alexandria to kill Negan. It's too bad she didn't, because that would actually make sense for the character.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-12-2019, 09:09 PM
Yeah man you lock up a guy like Negan for six years and I bet he's knocking heads first night out and running Alexandria by morning.

Someone on the net said TWD was trying and succeeding in turning Negan to a sympathetic character...

:roll: Same guy who took out two main characters by beating them to death with a baseball bat.

One of the best acting jobs I've seen on that show was the episode where Lauren Cohan was talking to Rick on the porch as the sun was going down and she said - It's time to put the children to bed. And then she hung Gregory. Also, when she was going to Alexandria to kill Negan. It's too bad she didn't, because that would actually make sense for the character.

And like Negan couldn't have disarmed Judith if he wanted to. She let him get close enough to her when he handed back her compass. :rolleyes:

That sounds about right, trying to make him a sympathetic character. Remember in Carl's vision of the future how they were all making nicey-nice including Negan? That's probably where they're trying to take that I bet.

Hal-9000
02-13-2019, 04:13 PM
And like Negan couldn't have disarmed Judith if he wanted to. She let him get close enough to her when he handed back her compass. :rolleyes:

That sounds about right, trying to make him a sympathetic character. Remember in Carl's vision of the future how they were all making nicey-nice including Negan? That's probably where they're trying to take that I bet.

He could have backhanded her a couple of times. Negan also had the strange attraction to Carl. I know his backstory and have been wondering when they're going to show it.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2019, 04:18 PM
He could have backhanded her a couple of times. Negan also had the strange attraction to Carl. I know his backstory and have been wondering when they're going to show it.

What? Was he a pedophile or something before the apocalypse?

Hal-9000
02-13-2019, 04:38 PM
What? Was he a pedophile or something before the apocalypse?

High school football coach I believe. In that scene with him and Father Gabriel trapped in the little building sitting in the Sanctuary courtyard (another contrived POS scene..) he alluded to it.

Hal-9000
02-13-2019, 04:42 PM
Correction. Some googling says Negan was a high school gym teacher and taught Ping Pong...I kid you not :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/vGYkCIX.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2019, 04:50 PM
:facepalm:

Hal-9000
02-13-2019, 04:53 PM
What I don't get is he named the bat after his dead wife. He was obviously in love with her memory, why would a person then name a weapon used in brutal killings after his wife?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2019, 04:58 PM
What I don't get is he named the bat after his dead wife. He was obviously in love with her memory, why would a person then name a weapon used in brutal killings after his wife?

Yeah, that makes no sense, and he was REALLY attached to that bat.

Hal-9000
02-13-2019, 05:03 PM
Yeah, that makes no sense, and he was REALLY attached to that bat.

You know the bat is coming back.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2019, 05:14 PM
You know the bat is coming back.

You don't think that either Rick or Michonne or someone destroyed it?

Hal-9000
02-13-2019, 05:18 PM
You don't think that either Rick or Michonne or someone destroyed it?

Didn't Negan ask Rick about it during one of their lockup chats and Rick alluded to it being gone?

Rule # 8 of network TV. If you didn't see a main character die on screen, there's a good chance they're still alive.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-13-2019, 05:26 PM
Hmmmmm :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 11:12 AM
You know, for supposedly being the scariest of the "big bads" of this whole thing, The Whisperers are a snoozefest. :sleepy:

Yeah, it was a bit on edge when we didn't know who they were and what all that whispering/talking was, but ever since :yawn:

I'm pretty close to being over this show. I mean, we'll probably keep watching, but man has it gone downhill quickly.

Hal-9000
02-18-2019, 04:23 PM
You know, for supposedly being the scariest of the "big bads" of this whole thing, The Whisperers are a snoozefest. :sleepy:

Yeah, it was a bit on edge when we didn't know who they were and what all that whispering/talking was, but ever since :yawn:

I'm pretty close to being over this show. I mean, we'll probably keep watching, but man has it gone downhill quickly.

Yeah I'm feeling the same way. The New Avengers sneak out of Hilltop and come back. Tara forgives them. Daryl has more mumbling to do since Rick left and did you catch the common thread through the various stories? Child abuse. They're hinting strongly Daryl was a victim.

Female podcaster explained The Whisperers in the comics are more hardcore. For example any guy can jump on any woman and have his way with her in front of the others. The woman can't and doesn't complain. They're more violent etc etc.

Male podcaster - I hate Henry and thing he's the dumbest character on the show. He could die and I wouldn't miss him for a second :lol:

Hal-9000
02-18-2019, 04:23 PM
Strangely I did like the character of Lydia and thought the actress was good.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 04:30 PM
Yeah I'm feeling the same way. The New Avengers sneak out of Hilltop and come back. Tara forgives them. Daryl has more mumbling to do since Rick left and did you catch the common thread through the various stories? Child abuse. They're hinting strongly Daryl was a victim.

Female podcaster explained The Whisperers in the comics are more hardcore. For example any guy can jump on any woman and have his way with her in front of the others. The woman can't and doesn't complain. They're more violent etc etc.

Male podcaster - I hate Henry and thing he's the dumbest character on the show. He could die and I wouldn't miss him for a second :lol:

Yeah, not sure why the child abuse thing had to become a big thing now, but you're right, that's definitely where it's headed.

And I know nothing about the comics, so that whole thing about them being able to rape a woman in their group? And people not being able to resist protest? I find that just stupid and doesn't make them hardcore to me :lol: And I understand they couldn't run that on TV, even cable TV without backlash, so it's understandable why that isn't in there. And as far as being more violent? They would be hard pressed to beat having Negan beat people to death in the head with a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat IMHO.

And yeah, Henry just needs to be walker food :lol: Although I'm guessing the want him to be New Carl and he will be getting more and more air time. :|

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 04:30 PM
Strangely I did like the character of Lydia and thought the actress was good.

To me she's just a bit of meh in a whole storyline of meh.

Hal-9000
02-18-2019, 04:43 PM
Yeah, not sure why the child abuse thing had to become a big thing now, but you're right, that's definitely where it's headed.

And I know nothing about the comics, so that whole thing about them being able to rape a woman in their group? And people not being able to resist protest? I find that just stupid and doesn't make them hardcore to me :lol: And I understand they couldn't run that on TV, even cable TV without backlash, so it's understandable why that isn't in there. And as far as being more violent? They would be hard pressed to beat having Negan beat people to death in the head with a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat IMHO.

And yeah, Henry just needs to be walker food :lol: Although I'm guessing the want him to be New Carl and he will be getting more and more air time. :|

In the comics the entire current plotline is Lydia and Carl coincidentally.

"Yeah, not sure why the child abuse thing had to become a big thing now..."

Can I make a guess? What has been happening in Hollywood for the past few years? TWD has always had strong female characters but I've noticed more women-centric leads and storyline components. Get rid of that guy Luke (which they did) and the entire new group is females. Women of color, women with disabilities, women leaders...all in one neat package.

Not saying things like that can't happen, but when they take down walkers with slingshots it does make me laugh.

And let's have a deaf character and her sister out alone at night looking for walkers :roll: Hello, sign language in pitch black and no other way to warn her?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 05:21 PM
In the comics the entire current plotline is Lydia and Carl coincidentally.

"Yeah, not sure why the child abuse thing had to become a big thing now..."

Can I make a guess? What has been happening in Hollywood for the past few years? TWD has always had strong female characters but I've noticed more women-centric leads and storyline components. Get rid of that guy Luke (which they did) and the entire new group is females. Women of color, women with disabilities, women leaders...all in one neat package.

Not saying things like that can't happen, but when they take down walkers with slingshots it does make me laugh.

And let's have a deaf character and her sister out alone at night looking for walkers :roll: Hello, sign language in pitch black and no other way to warn her?

#metoo

Yeah, it's a little ridiculous, especially the whole deaf thing. You point is perfect, what do they do at night? Sign louder? :facepalm:

Hal-9000
02-18-2019, 05:30 PM
#metoo

Yeah, it's a little ridiculous, especially the whole deaf thing. You point is perfect, what do they do at night? Sign louder? :facepalm:

And I may have missed it near the end when the Whisperers arrived at Hilltop, but did I see the same sisters separated after their dumb night out searching* and one of them is now trapped behind the Whisperers group? If so how in the hell do you walk 100 yards away from your deaf sister when traveling outside of safety?

* Forget the sisters, that whole group goes to look for someone at night with no source of light or idea where they went? Gooood plan :tup:

sign harder :rofl: :thumbsup: :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 05:54 PM
:dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 05:55 PM
And I may have missed it near the end when the Whisperers arrived at Hilltop, but did I see the same sisters separated after their dumb night out searching* and one of them is now trapped behind the Whisperers group? If so how in the hell do you walk 100 yards away from your deaf sister when traveling outside of safety?

* Forget the sisters, that whole group goes to look for someone at night with no source of light or idea where they went? Gooood plan :tup:

sign harder :rofl: :thumbsup: :lol:

The show is just getting more and more ridiculous, I just don't know, They could have done this whole Whisperers thing differently but the way it's playing out is just not frightening nor scary.

And the characters keep making more and more stupid decisions all the time.

Hal-9000
02-18-2019, 06:53 PM
The show is just getting more and more ridiculous, I just don't know, They could have done this whole Whisperers thing differently but the way it's playing out is just not frightening nor scary.

And the characters keep making more and more stupid decisions all the time.

Female podcaster said the way they handle the Alpha (Lydia's Mom) in the comics is better. This podcast has a good structure. They review the episode and then have what they call The Comic Book Zone at the end, so people can turn it off and avoid that part. So I'm only versed in the comic world as far as each podcast episode allows, and the podcaster is quite good about not revealing things that could be blatant spoilers. The comic varies wildly at times from the show but the podcaster says some of the comic book plots are really good, some are not handled well.

She implies that Kirkman treats relationships a lot differently in the comics, more of a male-teen view on life :lol: My takeaway from that is comics = non-PC, show = has to be more PC.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 07:38 PM
Female podcaster said the way they handle the Alpha (Lydia's Mom) in the comics is better. This podcast has a good structure. They review the episode and then have what they call The Comic Book Zone at the end, so people can turn it off and avoid that part. So I'm only versed in the comic world as far as each podcast episode allows, and the podcaster is quite good about not revealing things that could be blatant spoilers. The comic varies wildly at times from the show but the podcaster says some of the comic book plots are really good, some are not handled well.

She implies that Kirkman treats relationships a lot differently in the comics, more of a male-teen view on life :lol: My takeaway from that is comics = non-PC, show = has to be more PC.

Yeah, I try and stay away from the comic book just because I don't want spoilers, but I do also know that the show and the comic are completely different in many ways. Like Daryl isn't in the comic at all, Carl is still alive in the comic at this point, etc...but it's cool to0 know some of the ways that it's different.

And I guess I never really thought about it until you brought it up in that post, but the show is a bit on the PC side in a lot of ways (like Shameless is this season just started that back up, but that's a different conversatin :rolleyes: ) but in the same respect, you have gays whining that TWD killed off another 'different' (gay, PoC, etc) character when they killed Jesus. They whine that it always happens to gay people portrayed on TV. It's like for them, the whole gay thing needs to be front in center. They want a GAY character, not a character that happens to be gay.

Hal-9000
02-18-2019, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I try and stay away from the comic book just because I don't want spoilers, but I do also know that the show and the comic are completely different in many ways. Like Daryl isn't in the comic at all, Carl is still alive in the comic at this point, etc...but it's cool to0 know some of the ways that it's different.

And I guess I never really thought about it until you brought it up in that post, but the show is a bit on the PC side in a lot of ways (like Shameless is this season just started that back up, but that's a different conversatin :rolleyes: ) but in the same respect, you have gays whining that TWD killed off another 'different' (gay, PoC, etc) character when they killed Jesus. They whine that it always happens to gay people portrayed on TV. It's like for them, the whole gay thing needs to be front in center. They want a GAY character, not a character that happens to be gay.

Yep the podcasters listened to their commenters (me on that one :lol:) about not bringing up what happened in the comics during recaps because it can spoil the show if the show writers decide to follow the same progression. Even saying something like - Morgan dies in the comics...kind of alludes he may leave the show or die.

I only notice the new PC aspect of TV shows from reading news articles here. Hollywood is the main battleground for all things sexist, racist and chauvinistic. While I applaud equality, I don't think industries should change just for that reason. If a female and/or minority director, or director of photography, or writer is good, fine let them do the work.

I think we're seeing more of a - We need to change everything to a female/minority viewpoint and that may hurt whatever industry eventually.

I almost turned off a couple of recent episodes of Shameless because of their illegal alien views getting shoved right into the plot and I'm a pretty liberal guy in most cases :lol:

*very minor spoiler - Liam sets up a Kool Aid stand in front of a neighbor's house and blocks the driveway, plays loud music, has tons of kids hanging around and the neighbor tells him to move it. He won't so she calls the cops. It turns into this huge neighborhood wide march to go 'out the racist'.

Not sure if any of the neighbor's complaints were because some of the kids were black :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 08:31 PM
I almost turned off a couple of recent episodes of Shameless because of their illegal alien views getting shoved right into the plot and I'm a pretty liberal guy in most cases :lol:

*very minor spoiler - Liam sets up a Kool Aid stand in front of a neighbor's house and blocks the driveway, plays loud music, has tons of kids hanging around and the neighbor tells him to move it. He won't so she calls the cops. It turns into this huge neighborhood wide march to go 'out the racist'.

Not sure if any of the neighbor's complaints were because some of the kids were black :-k

Yeah, we're only one episode into the 2nd half of the season, but the whole illegal alien thing being pushed right in your face is off-putting. :|

And the Liam thing is right out of the news from some stories that happened last year. But of course it all needs to be re-hashed on a popular TV show. Can't let people forget that there are some racist people out there. But of course only highlight the WHITE racists, not the minority racists. :|

Hal-9000
02-18-2019, 08:39 PM
Yeah, we're only one episode into the 2nd half of the season, but the whole illegal alien thing being pushed right in your face is off-putting. :|

And the Liam thing is right out of the news from some stories that happened last year. But of course it all needs to be re-hashed on a popular TV show. Can't let people forget that there are some racist people out there. But of course only highlight the WHITE racists, not the minority racists. :|

Yeah I'm watching the Kool-Aid scene and they're not even on Liam's street. Woman has a front drive-way and they're camped out almost blocking her way in. I can't recall one instance of her complaining about the color of the kids or how they're dressed or how they're bringing down her property values. She does what I would have probably done. It's a long street young people, move your stand off my front lawn.

* illegal alien thing goes away quick but before it does, there's an interesting turn involving other than white racism...

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 08:44 PM
Okay, with those stupid Whisperers and "Alpha's" ultimatum....why doesn't Hilltop just light them all up from the top of the wall. Problem solved.

Hal-9000
02-18-2019, 08:50 PM
Okay, with those stupid Whisperers and "Alpha's" ultimatum....why doesn't Hilltop just light them all up from the top of the wall. Problem solved.

You asked the exact first question of the male podcaster :lol:

Which prompted a long discussion about Negan formerly taking all of the guns from everyone, but six years have passed, but yeah what about ammo?, not sure if Tara has the balls to light up strangers...and so on.

I just needed one look at Uncle Fester and it would have been target-time baby :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
02-18-2019, 08:53 PM
Another question raised was Daryl's method outing the Whisperers. I felt the same as the opinion I heard. His way takes twice as much ammo.

Why not head shot every potential zombie rather than leg or arm shots? You gotta kill the zombies with another shot anyways..

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 09:05 PM
You asked the exact first question of the male podcaster :lol:

Which prompted a long discussion about Negan formerly taking all of the guns from everyone, but six years have passed, but yeah what about ammo?, not sure if Tara has the balls to light up strangers...and so on.

I just needed one look at Uncle Fester and it would have been target-time baby :thumbsup:

I assume that in those 6 years, and having Eugene back who was Negan's ammo maker, that he would have helped with making more ammo for Hilltop/Alexandria/The Kingdom. Besides, I would guess that after the Saviors fell, that Rick and Company took back all the weapons that Negan confiscated.

And yup, when Alpha showed up I would be all, "I can't hear you over the sound of your head exploding in a hail of gunfire." :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2019, 09:06 PM
Another question raised was Daryl's method outing the Whisperers. I felt the same as the opinion I heard. His way takes twice as much ammo.

Why not head shot every potential zombie rather than leg or arm shots? You gotta kill the zombies with another shot anyways..

I think, at first at least, they were looking to out the Whisperers using Daryl's method so that they could take prisoners and interrogate them. But yeah, after that, just start head-shotting everything again.

Hal-9000
02-18-2019, 09:49 PM
I assume that in those 6 years, and having Eugene back who was Negan's ammo maker, that he would have helped with making more ammo for Hilltop/Alexandria/The Kingdom. Besides, I would guess that after the Saviors fell, that Rick and Company took back all the weapons that Negan confiscated.

And yup, when Alpha showed up I would be all, "I can't hear you over the sound of your head exploding in a hail of gunfire." :thumbsup:

Can't hear you when you're mumbling over the sound of your brains leaving the back of your head.

Hal-9000
02-18-2019, 09:55 PM
I think, at first at least, they were looking to out the Whisperers using Daryl's method so that they could take prisoners and interrogate them. But yeah, after that, just start head-shotting everything again.

Yeah I guess they needed answers. Lucky they caught quite possibly the most infamous and most screwed up member of the Whisperers :lol: The leader's daughter.

I did like the flashback and how it showed some people just caving when things went south. And how they didn't know the zombie rules.

I had this thought about Daryl watching last night - Yes, let's get Daryl Dixon to become the leader of Hilltop. The guy who can't string two sentences together without grunting and then killing something, and who has lived alone for six years with a dog...he named Dog :lol: Good choice there..

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 12:42 PM
The newest superhero combo: Dirty Daryl and Deaf Girl! :cheers:

:rolleyes:

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 05:31 PM
The newest superhero combo: Dirty Daryl and Deaf Girl! :cheers:

She's deaf...unlike some of the viewers :rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 05:35 PM
She's deaf...unlike some of the viewers :rofl:

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 05:43 PM
It's okay, the evidence is gone but the laughter remains :lol: I had to think for a moment...is someone blind and I missed it? :-s

So did I understand the last scene correctly? Daryl and Connie are soooo upset the murderous leader of the Whisperers actually slapped (gasp) her own daughter, that they'll now risk their lives by going after them and attempt to rescue Lydia?

Gee, won't that cause pretty much the same situation to happen?

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 05:45 PM
Best part of that episode hands down was Jerry singing along to the funk song...and his phrases for pregnancy. We got our preg on! :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 05:48 PM
It's okay, the evidence is gone but the laughter remains :lol: I had to think for a moment...is someone blind and I missed it? :-s

So did I understand the last scene correctly? Daryl and Connie are soooo upset the murderous leader of the Whisperers actually slapped (gasp) her own daughter, that they'll now risk their lives by going after them and attempt to rescue Lydia?

Gee, won't that cause pretty much the same situation to happen?

Plus they have to rescue dumbass New Carl :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 05:48 PM
Best part of that episode hands down was Jerry singing along to the funk song...and his phrases for pregnancy. We got our preg on! :lol:

That was hilarious :lol:

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 05:49 PM
Plus they have to rescue dumbass New Carl :thumbsup:

Henry is gone too? I didn't care...erm notice :-s

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 05:50 PM
That was hilarious :lol:

So I know the projector is large but wouldn't you want some other spare parts for the future?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 05:52 PM
Henry is gone too? I didn't care...erm notice :-s

Yeah, he left a note saying he couldn't live with it and that new girl that I don't ever remember seeing before brought it to Daryl. Daryl flashed that note to the deaf girl and that's why they both said/wrote that they couldn't live with it either.

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 05:57 PM
Yeah, he left a note saying he couldn't live with it and that new girl that I don't ever remember seeing before brought it to Daryl. Daryl flashed that note to the deaf girl and that's why they both said/wrote that they couldn't live with it either.

Oh new girl was part of the original group of teens that got Henry drunk and stoned. She has boobs.

At first I thought she was going do something else with ol Daryl :oops:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 05:59 PM
Oh new girl was part of the original group of teens that got Henry drunk and stoned. She has boobs.

At first I thought she was going do something else with ol Daryl :oops:

Oh, okay, I remember that, but all those other kids just didn't make an impression I guess :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 05:59 PM
Funny how Alpha cared about getting her daughter back but was gonna let the walkers eat the baby. :-k

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 06:07 PM
Funny how Alpha cared about getting her daughter back but was gonna let the walkers eat the baby. :-k

Yep and it's questionable things like that which ruin the story. I still can't get onboard with the Whisperers.

They've had six years since Negan went to jail so they would have enough ammo to take down that group in seconds.

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 06:09 PM
Finally though a bit of realism when the baby cries.

Judith, Maggie's spawn, and the mysterious kid Michonne and Rick had all have grown up since day one in the zombie apocalypse.

Any parent watching that knows how much noise and attention babies and children need.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 06:15 PM
Yep and it's questionable things like that which ruin the story. I still can't get onboard with the Whisperers.

They've had six years since Negan went to jail so they would have enough ammo to take down that group in seconds.

Yup, shoot first and ask questions later.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Finally though a bit of realism when the baby cries.

Judith, Maggie's spawn, and the mysterious kid Michonne and Rick had all have grown up since day one in the zombie apocalypse.

Any parent watching that knows how much noise and attention babies and children need.

Realism, yes, but it was only used as a plot device to show that the Whisperers are "animals".

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 06:23 PM
One of the scariest moments for me was when they discovered the people at Terminus were cannibals and everyone was lined up over that trough, waiting to get their heads bashed in with a ...bat (?).

Too bad that fell apart when Super Carol saved everyone, but I like Carol's character so I didn't complain about the progression.

It led to that scene where the Terminus guy was eating and feeding Bob part of his own leg. (the Bob-B-Q scene :dance: )

THAT is the horror the zombie apocalypse would create...not these weird mother figures and odd plot contrivances. Which makes me wonder - The Whisperers must coat themselves in zombie gore daily, otherwise the zombies ccouldn't be herded/fooled as we're seeing.

The Whisperers looked pretty dry to me :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 06:30 PM
One of the scariest moments for me was when they discovered the people at Terminus were cannibals and everyone was lined up over that trough, waiting to get their heads bashed in with a ...bat (?).

Too bad that fell apart when Super Carol saved everyone, but I like Carol's character so I didn't complain about the progression.

It led to that scene where the Terminus guy was eating and feeding Bob part of his own leg. (the Bob-B-Q scene :dance: )

THAT is the horror the zombie apocalypse would create...not these weird mother figures and odd plot contrivances. Which makes me wonder - The Whisperers must coat themselves in zombie gore daily, otherwise the zombies ccouldn't be herded/fooled as we're seeing.

The Whisperers looked pretty dry to me :-k

Yeah, I agree with Terminus, that was the scariest the show has been. It's been in a downward spiral ever since with these 'big bads' that have followed. I hope they don't drag the Whisperers out for 2 seasons like they did Negan. :|

And you're right, in every instance where we've seen the living try and blend in with the dead (even on Fear the Walking Dead), the people had to lather up pretty liberally with zombie guts. All the Whisperers had on were masks, none of them were gut covered at all.

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I agree with Terminus, that was the scariest the show has been. It's been in a downward spiral ever since with these 'big bads' that have followed. I hope they don't drag the Whisperers out for 2 seasons like they did Negan. :|

And you're right, in every instance where we've seen the living try and blend in with the dead (even on Fear the Walking Dead), the people had to lather up pretty liberally with zombie guts. All the Whisperers had on were masks, none of them were gut covered at all.

On FTWD, people made fun of Nick's character and I was onboard for some of it. But think about what he was and what he did. Recovering addict finds out zombie gore will allow you to walk beside them undercover. I can see how just the excitement of doing that would be attractive to someone like Nick. (and me too probably)

Then an entire season in TWD is based on people who somehow don't have to lather up, which is one of the worldbuilding ideas they've created about their own world!

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 06:55 PM
On FTWD, people made fun of Nick's character and I was onboard for some of it. But think about what he was and what he did. Recovering addict finds out zombie gore will allow you to walk beside them undercover. I can see how just the excitement of doing that would be attractive to someone like Nick. (and me too probably)

Then an entire season in TWD is based on people who somehow don't have to lather up, which is one of the worldbuilding ideas they've created about their own world!

Maybe they've hired some writers from Discovery? :-k

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 07:02 PM
Maybe they've hired some writers from Discovery? :-k

I read that as Disney at first :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 07:08 PM
Either or, pretty much the same at this point :lol:

So, is something bad gonna happen to Jerry now? Usually on this show, when something good happens to someone (especially more fringe characters), something bad happens to them soon.

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 07:26 PM
Either or, pretty much the same at this point :lol:

So, is something bad gonna happen to Jerry now? Usually on this show, when something good happens to someone (especially more fringe characters), something bad happens to them soon.

I've watched the Talking Dead and if you were suddenly a guest on the couch, it meant you were written off the show. It happened so much they had to change the format because fans would find out online who the weekly guests were before the show(s) aired and put it together.

I would HATE to be a star on TWD. I've heard stories that depending on how important your role was, someone from production would phone you with 'the call'. Carl was done dirty from what I understand and his Dad went online and made a few angry Facebook posts. Chandler Riggs had bought a home in Georgia right before he was cut. Whether you like Carl or not, he was one of the actors there from the first season. Literally grew up working on the show.

I read that was part of why Scott Gimple was shuffled to a different position. When he was showrunner, inside word was he would write people off the show for shock value, not plot value. Before every mid season finale and end of season finale some of the actors would start looking for other projects just in case.

Some actors would get the word before the season started shooting, some would get it before they shot the episode where they die.

Jerry is a beloved character so yes this visibility spike showing his personal life probably equates to his death :| My reasoning is they already lost Rick and Maggie using some of the clunkiest writing imaginable and most fans know the stories behind the exits. Lauren Cohan was not happy and her new show is premiering as we speak :lol: So they probably need someone else to kill for shock value. Someone known.

And my own take without reading anything is that Andrew Lincoln didn't just leave because he wants to be with his kids and hated the commute. I think he was tired of playing the same character and needed to get away from it before he becomes Rick Grimes forever.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I never watched Talking Dead but I knew that if you happened to see an actor sitting on the couch, it was usually a bad sign. :lol:

And it sucks that they would kill of characters just for shock value (I'm guessing Abraham fell into that category...tried to use him as a 'fake out' making people thing that Glen wasn't going to meet the same fate as the comic book, but it didn't work out that way). The nurse/doctor that took the arrow (to the head I think?) the one that was Tara's g/f I'm thinking was another. Same with Beth when she bit it by getting shot after that whole mission to rescue her. And those are just right off the top of my head.

Maybe that's why Maggie et al have pre-emptively left the show and sought other work, so they don't get some "shock ending" that they don't deserve. And yeah, I remember the dust up about how they treated Chandler and his character being written off. It was BS, like you said, he's one of the originals, he deserved better treatment as an actor than what he got.

As far as Andrew Lincoln, maybe part of that is true, but he did agree to do some movies though.

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 08:04 PM
Yeah, I never watched Talking Dead but I knew that if you happened to see an actor sitting on the couch, it was usually a bad sign. :lol:

And it sucks that they would kill of characters just for shock value (I'm guessing Abraham fell into that category...tried to use him as a 'fake out' making people thing that Glen wasn't going to meet the same fate as the comic book, but it didn't work out that way). The nurse/doctor that took the arrow (to the head I think?) the one that was Tara's g/f I'm thinking was another. Same with Beth when she bit it by getting shot after that whole mission to rescue her. And those are just right off the top of my head.

Maybe that's why Maggie et al have pre-emptively left the show and sought other work, so they don't get some "shock ending" that they don't deserve. And yeah, I remember the dust up about how they treated Chandler and his character being written off. It was BS, like you said, he's one of the originals, he deserved better treatment as an actor than what he got.

As far as Andrew Lincoln, maybe part of that is true, but he did agree to do some movies though.

A lot of deaths reflect what happens in the comics, but to other people. In the show it was Denise who gets the arrow through the eye, coincidentally it was Abraham in the comics who died that way.

Beth's death was interesting. It affected me more than most deaths on the show. I saw an interview with her and this is just supposition on my part. You know how there's times when someone wants to say something negative but they keep adjusting their statements to give a more PC response? That's what I saw. Similar to Riggs she was gushing about working on the show and moving, then became quiet.

I believe Maggie's issue was simple. She wasn't getting a wage similar to Rick and Daryl, yet at the time was involved in most of the storylines.

Aaaand I read something about them using Abraham in the Negan scene to make the obvious Glenn death, more shocking. I found it interesting how the show mimicked Glenn's comic book death right down to the hanging eyeball, yet longtime fans felt the show went too far with that scene and the seasonal cliff hanger in general. That's something I didn't agree with. It was a classic cliff hanger and I thought - Who is going to die in the next episode? It will be one of these people...I respect cliff hangers like that far more that false season enders where nothing really happens.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2019, 08:20 PM
A lot of deaths reflect what happens in the comics, but to other people. In the show it was Denise who gets the arrow through the eye, coincidentally it was Abraham in the comics who died that way.

Beth's death was interesting. It affected me more than most deaths on the show. I saw an interview with her and this is just supposition on my part. You know how there's times when someone wants to say something negative but they keep adjusting their statements to give a more PC response? That's what I saw. Similar to Riggs she was gushing about working on the show and moving, then became quiet.

I believe Maggie's issue was simple. She wasn't getting a wage similar to Rick and Daryl, yet at the time was involved in most of the storylines.

Aaaand I read something about them using Abraham in the Negan scene to make the obvious Glenn death, more shocking. I found it interesting how the show mimicked Glenn's comic book death right down to the hanging eyeball, yet longtime fans felt the show went too far with that scene and the seasonal cliff hanger in general. That's something I didn't agree with. It was a classic cliff hanger and I thought - Who is going to die in the next episode? It will be one of these people...I respect cliff hangers like that far more that false season enders where nothing really happens.

Yeah, the way the ended Beth's story line bothered me. I mean, they make a whole big deal about rescuing her, which takes several episodes to complete, and they just kill her right at the end? For no good reason really? I don't know, it's just decisions like that which bother me. Killing someone off for the sake of 'shocking' the audience. Because her death didn't really further any other plot line in the show. So what was the point then?

And I agree with you 100% about the Negan beating someone to death and leaving it as a cliffhanger. I thought it was a good cliffhanger and one that did keep you guessing (unless you were a fan of the comics I guess). A far better cliffhanger as to what happened to Glen when he fell off the dumpster right into that horde and they made it look like he got killed. That was cheap. :rolleyes:

Hal-9000
02-25-2019, 08:58 PM
Yeah, the way the ended Beth's story line bothered me. I mean, they make a whole big deal about rescuing her, which takes several episodes to complete, and they just kill her right at the end? For no good reason really? I don't know, it's just decisions like that which bother me. Killing someone off for the sake of 'shocking' the audience. Because her death didn't really further any other plot line in the show. So what was the point then?

And I agree with you 100% about the Negan beating someone to death and leaving it as a cliffhanger. I thought it was a good cliffhanger and one that did keep you guessing (unless you were a fan of the comics I guess). A far better cliffhanger as to what happened to Glen when he fell off the dumpster right into that horde and they made it look like he got killed. That was cheap. :rolleyes:

Yeah me and DGX went back and forth over a logistics portion of the dumpster episode, before Glenn rolled under it :lol:

My contention was that the dumpster was close to the fences in the back of the alley and they could of just jumped. I think I even posted screen shots.

Doesn't matter. It was cheap and everything they did around the ensuing four episodes without the character of Glenn was also cheap. Not listing his name in the credits, not letting him post on social media or do interviews with the press.

And for what...to fake us out for almost a month using a plot device that did what? Essentially killed off a crappy character and not much else? Things like that make audiences like me suspicious..were there contract talks behind the scenes?

And that's another thing we don't hear much about and happens with every series behind the scenes. People leave the show because of other offers, wage differences, health reasons, personal changes within their lives we don't hear about.

I watched a few seasons of Blue Bloods. There was a good actress paired with Donnie Wahlberg for a season or so who was quickly written out of the show without explanation. Then she releases a statement saying she was ill and the show did her dirty. Turns out she had Celiac Disease which wasn't as accepted as a viable health issue back then. She lost tons of weight, was constantly nauseous while filming and production attributed her lateness and absences to drug use. Once Celiac became recognized and she was diagnosed, I think she may have sued the studio.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 12:34 PM
I'm sorry, but all this build up to The Whisperers and they are the LEAST scary or intimidating 'big bad' that has ever been on TWD. I'm bored with them already.

Griffin
03-04-2019, 01:35 PM
Agreed. In the comics they intrigued me, but they're just plain silly on the show. Especially Alpha with her phony accent.

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 03:37 PM
I'm sorry, but all this build up to The Whisperers and they are the LEAST scary or intimidating 'big bad' that has ever been on TWD. I'm bored with them already.

The leader is the only Whisperer that looks worse when she takes off her mask.

Yep, just like a bunch of iron poor old people laying around at the Whisperer camp not doing or saying much. Oh no!

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 03:44 PM
The leader is the only Whisperer that looks worse when she takes off her mask.

Yep, just like a bunch of iron poor old people laying around at the Whisperer camp not doing or saying much. Oh no!

Lydia, just shuffle along with the rest of us, no one will notice that you aren't a walker.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 03:45 PM
And I think New Carl is even more stupid than Classic Carl ever was :shakehead:

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 03:46 PM

Lydia, just shuffle along with the rest of us, no one will notice that you aren't a walker.

I was thinking of you last night watching that :lol:

At least two people without zombie guts and masks - Just shuffle along and ACT dead :tup:

fuck off :lol:

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 03:48 PM
And I think New Carl is even more stupid than Classic Carl ever was :shakehead:

If they want a viewer for life....next shot after capturing Henry would be Lydia wearing a Henry mask walking back to the Hilltop.

:thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 03:58 PM
If they want a viewer for life....next shot after capturing Henry would be Lydia wearing a Henry mask walking back to the Hilltop.

:thumbsup:

Everyone is going to get really sick of having to save his ass all the time.

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 04:02 PM

Everyone is going to get really sick of having to save his ass all the time.

Hi Henry welcome back!

mmmrphumph *waves* 8-[

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 04:04 PM
I just don't know where they're going with this whole thing. Did TWD borrow some writers from Team Disco or something? The Whisperers camp is underwhelming at best, they aren't very well armed, they don't seem to do much besides shuffle around all day long. It's just pointless.

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 04:07 PM
I just don't know where they're going with this whole thing. Did TWD borrow some writers from Team Disco or something? The Whisperers camp is underwhelming at best, they aren't very well armed, they don't seem to do much besides shuffle around all day long. It's just pointless.

Did you hear Alpha say if there's a conflict they win no problem? Lydia said something about Hilltop not having many guns but they DO HAVE guns.

What are the Whisperers going to do? Some sort of slo-mo mass shuffling kung-fu?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 04:15 PM
Did you hear Alpha say if there's a conflict they win no problem? Lydia said something about Hilltop not having many guns but they DO HAVE guns.

What are the Whisperers going to do? Some sort of slo-mo mass shuffling kung-fu?

Yeah, other than there being a lot of them, they don't seem to have much for weapons other than knives and spears. It would be easy to just light them up if they came to attack. Alpha's comment might mean that they (the Whisperers) are just animals, like when they left the baby to be eaten, and that the Hilltop have morals and feelings and won't fight dirty like the Whisperers would.

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Yeah, other than there being a lot of them, they don't seem to have much for weapons other than knives and spears. It would be easy to just light them up if they came to attack. Alpha's comment might mean that they (the Whisperers) are just animals, like when they left the baby to be eaten, and that the Hilltop have morals and feelings and won't fight dirty like the Whisperers would.

Daryl, Dog and Judith could take out half of the Whisperers from the walls.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 04:29 PM
And of course the Whisperers don't know about Alexandria or The Kingdom yet. Add those two to Hilltop and they could easily wipe out the Whisperers.

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 04:33 PM
And of course the Whisperers don't know about Alexandria or The Kingdom yet. Add those two to Hilltop and they could easily wipe out the Whisperers.

Do you know what Michonne did to piss everyone off?

Remember a few episodes ago she visited Hilltop, everyone walked away from her and even Carol didn't give her a hug.

I know she wrote the constitution and didn't want to send 'delegates' (?) to the fair...but she must have done something monumentally bad before that for people to act that way toward her.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Do you know what Michonne did to piss everyone off?

Remember a few episodes ago she visited Hilltop, everyone walked away from her and even Carol didn't give her a hug.

I know she wrote the constitution and didn't want to send 'delegates' (?) to the fair...but she must have done something monumentally bad before that for people to act that way toward her.

Still don't think it's been mentioned. It has to be really bad for sure, but they still haven't let on what it is or when it happened.

Griffin
03-04-2019, 04:42 PM
I wonder if they'll show Rosita getting DP'ed. :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 04:44 PM

:hand:

Four way with Sadiq, Eugene, and the priest :tup:

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Still don't think it's been mentioned. It has to be really bad for sure, but they still haven't let on what it is or when it happened.

She's leaving the show until she decides to do some Rick movies in the future. Almost every bad ass has left.

Gawd next season will be the Tara & Henry Show :sleepy:

Griffin
03-04-2019, 04:45 PM

There's alot that took place in the missing 6 years that they keep eluding to but won't divulge.
I feel like Ricky Ricardo coming through the door. https://i0.wp.com/myshingle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Screen-Shot-2016-08-15-at-6.53.04-AM-300x218.png?resize=300%2C218

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 04:47 PM

:hand:

Four way with Sadiq, Eugene, and the priest :tup:

You guys are horrible.

Rosita to Eugene - Here put on this Abraham mask and do me. And keep your mouth shut.

Griffin
03-04-2019, 04:56 PM
Rosita to Eugene - Here put on this Abraham mask and do me. And keep your mouth shut.

and if he was doing her in front of a mirror so he could watch it would be like old times. :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
She's leaving the show until she decides to do some Rick movies in the future. Almost every bad ass has left.

Gawd next season will be the Tara & Henry Show :sleepy:

The whiny guy with one arm who was Jesus's boyfriend will be there to save the day :tup:

There's alot that took place in the missing 6 years that they keep eluding to but won't divulge.
I feel like Ricky Ricardo coming through the door. https://i0.wp.com/myshingle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Screen-Shot-2016-08-15-at-6.53.04-AM-300x218.png?resize=300%2C218

I'm sure we will either find out at the end of the season or possibly not even until next season after she has left the show.

Hal-9000
and if he was doing her in front of a mirror so he could watch it would be like old times. :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 04:58 PM
The whiny guy with one arm who was Jesus's boyfriend will be there to save the day :tup:

Aaron. The actor who plays him does great imitations and is a pretty funny guy in real life compared to his onscreen character. I keep picking him as the character to get killed every half season break and finale for the past three years :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Aaron. The actor who plays him does great imitations and is a pretty funny guy in real life compared to his onscreen character. I keep picking him as the character to get killed every half season break and finale for the past three years :thumbsup:

If Daryl ever leaves, the show will be done.

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 05:25 PM

You see the deaf girl make him turn his head and enunciate?

Girlfriend, hearing people can't tell what the fuck Daryl Dixon is mumbling...you ain't never gonna know :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 05:58 PM
What did you think about Michonne shooting Negan down like she did? I mean, he's been locked up for 6 years (at least) and he did voluntarily come back and go into his cell.

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 06:01 PM
What did you think about Michonne shooting Negan down like she did? I mean, he's been locked up for 6 years (at least) and he did voluntarily come back and go into his cell.

One of the few exchanges I liked. She's not falling for anything he says and mistrusts him no matter what.

It's too bad though. If Negan isn't pulling some shit the six year payoff will be pretty limp. To me it's obvious he has to do something bad.

Maybe help against the Whisperers to gain some trust then skin Eugene alive :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 06:10 PM
One of the few exchanges I liked. She's not falling for anything he says and mistrusts him no matter what.

It's too bad though. If Negan isn't pulling some shit the six year payoff will be pretty limp. To me it's obvious he has to do something bad.

Maybe help against the Whisperers to gain some trust then skin Eugene alive :thumbsup:

Eu8gene and his rubric as to why Gabriel should stay with Rosita :lol:

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 06:24 PM
Eu8gene and his rubric as to why Gabriel should stay with Rosita :lol:

Yeah don't you think paper would be a premium for plans and shit, and then there's Eugene writing his PHD thesis on why Gabriel should stay with Rosita ffs :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 06:34 PM
Everyone would just look and chuckle and say it's "Eugene being Eugene."

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 06:50 PM
I think about Eugene's adventures and did appreciate that one bit of writing when he's first working at the Sanctuary and plans to poison Negan along with Negan's wives.

He doesn't go through with it and I think that was because he genuinely thought Negan's side was going to win and he would be safe there as opposed to going back with Rick's people.

Thought it was pretty true to the character.

DemonGeminiX
03-04-2019, 07:01 PM

This show's done now. I like Daryl, but I don't think he's enough to keep it alive.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 07:02 PM
I think about Eugene's adventures and did appreciate that one bit of writing when he's first working at the Sanctuary and plans to poison Negan along with Negan's wives.

He doesn't go through with it and I think that was because he genuinely thought Negan's side was going to win and he would be safe there as opposed to going back with Rick's people.

Thought it was pretty true to the character.

As annoying as the Eugene character can be, I do think the actor does a good job playing him and I think his part is well written. Like you mentioned in the way he acted about the poisoning, that is how you can see that character react to things.

Maybe when all the badasses are gone, Eugene will be in charge :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 07:03 PM
This show's done now. I like Daryl, but I don't think he's enough to keep it alive.

This has been one of the worst seasons of the show IMHO. The Whisperers are a flop. It was kinda scary/suspenseful at first, but now that we know who and what they are? Meh.

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 07:34 PM
This has been one of the worst seasons of the show IMHO. The Whisperers are a flop. It was kinda scary/suspenseful at first, but now that we know who and what they are? Meh.

I remember back in season two when they arrived at Hershel's farm and decided to stay. The internet was full of people saying it was boring, they shouldn't stay in one place etc.

Part of what interests me about TWD is those exact kinds of decisions. Do we constantly keep moving or find a place to reinforce and defend? Also, the moral decisions they have to make in the new world. That episode when Carol killed Lizzie was one of the best hours of TWD I've watched. Same with the idea of the Terminus people being cannibals.

When Shane was killed first by Rick and then shot by Carl when he was a zombie...those are the moments I look for.

We know the walkers will always be there and so the idea will get old fast. All they have to do is remember a few things like I've listed above and write using the same elements. Good Lord the Alpha looks like a discount version of the Kingpin from Daredevil so I can't take her seriously.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 07:38 PM
I remember back in season two when they arrived at Hershel's farm and decided to stay. The internet was full of people saying it was boring, they shouldn't stay in one place etc.

Part of what interests me about TWD is those exact kinds of decisions. Do we constantly keep moving or find a place to reinforce and defend? Also, the moral decisions they have to make in the new world. That episode when Carol killed Lizzie was one of the best hours of TWD I've watched. Same with the idea of the Terminus people being cannibals.

When Shane was killed first by Rick and then shot by Carl when he was a zombie...those are the moments I look for.

We know the walkers will always be there and so the idea will get old fast. All they have to do is remember a few things like I've listed above and write using the same elements. Good Lord the Alpha looks like a discount version of the Kingpin from Daredevil so I can't take her seriously.

I didn't mind the farm season as much as it seemed to bother some people. I guess I should have rephrased how I made my statement. To me, this is the worst season because of all the build up to The Whisperers :nervous: and how bad they were and it was like nothing we have seen yet. And it has fizzled. Like I said, it was a bit scary and suspenseful right up until the reveal. After that, meh. I'll take any of the past ones that they dealt with...The Governor, Terminus, Negan (even though they TREALLY dragged that one out)....anything is better than The Whisperers.

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 07:50 PM
I didn't mind the farm season as much as it seemed to bother some people. I guess I should have rephrased how I made my statement. To me, this is the worst season because of all the build up to The Whisperers :nervous: and how bad they were and it was like nothing we have seen yet. And it has fizzled. Like I said, it was a bit scary and suspenseful right up until the reveal. After that, meh. I'll take any of the past ones that they dealt with...The Governor, Terminus, Negan (even though they TREALLY dragged that one out)....anything is better than The Whisperers.

No I get exactly what you're saying. I liked the farm season because it featured some great moments. And it was something I would have done in that position. Same with the Governor and Negan. Survival of the fittest and smartest and people who are willing to do anything, would be a logical progression when the world goes bad.

The Whisperers are just like half of the millennials on the net, not doing much, being depressed and moping around constantly. And there's lots of them!

During season two didn't we see Shane and some fatter, older guy (I wanna say Otto) making a trip to a school one night and then they got caught in a herd of walkers and Shane pretty much shoots Otto in the leg to slow him down and then fucks off? Now that's podracing! :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 08:05 PM
No I get exactly what you're saying. I liked the farm season because it featured some great moments. And it was something I would have done in that position. Same with the Governor and Negan. Survival of the fittest and smartest and people who are willing to do anything, would be a logical progression when the world goes bad.

The Whisperers are just like half of the millennials on the net, not doing much, being depressed and moping around constantly. And there's lots of them!

During season two didn't we see Shane and some fatter, older guy (I wanna say Otto) making a trip to a school one night and then they got caught in a herd of walkers and Shane pretty much shoots Otto in the leg to slow him down and then fucks off? Now that's podracing! :lol:

:lol: Yup, that was good ol' Shane. I forget what they were doing exactly, it might have been a medical supply run or something similar. And then Shane figured Otto got eaten so he just made up an excuse how he 'didn't make it' :lol:

I miss characters like Shane. :(

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 08:16 PM
:lol: Yup, that was good ol' Shane. I forget what they were doing exactly, it might have been a medical supply run or something similar. And then Shane figured Otto got eaten so he just made up an excuse how he 'didn't make it' :lol:

I miss characters like Shane. :(

Dude I've seen ladies in the supermarket during a sale on margarine get nasty when the last seven tubs are sitting there. Can you imagine having to find something to eat every day and the difference between you starving or not is pulling a Shane and steppin' on poor Otto's back while you're climbing the fence to get away? See ya Ottoooooo, take care! :lol:

*yes they were after medical supplies that Hershel needed

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 08:24 PM
It's like when you and a friend are being chased by someone or something....I don't need to be able to outrun the bad guy, I just need to be faster than you :dance:

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 08:31 PM
Exactly...you're both running and you point up and exclaim loudly - Look, it's ELVIS!

Then you lead pipe his leg Nancy Kerrigan style :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 09:07 PM
Okay, one little thing I found irritating last night (and it's not exclusive to this show)...one of the big plots features last night was them having to go to the school where the FEMA facility was set-up to try and get medical supplies. They don't encounter any walkers anywhere until they get to the school and suddenly there's a whole herd of them. Why would they all be hanging out at the school when there is no food there anymore?

Nice and convenient to cause problems in getting the supplies.

I'm really starting to warm up to the redneck guy with the crossbow (Boondock Saints guy)...he walks by that one zombie on the ground, hardly looks at him and then shoots the arrow through his head...."Ahhh shut up"

Couple of comments from 2011, season two.

School where Otis was left by Shane and me talking about some guy with a crossbow :)

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 09:09 PM
And Otis is the guy from the farm who originally shot Carl. That's why they needed the supplies so his wounds wouldn't be infected.

Carl wasn't my favorite but he sure took a trip through the shit-carwash on that show :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 09:11 PM
Ol' One Eye always kept the sunny side up when he could :(

Hal-9000
03-04-2019, 09:13 PM
The only person who gets shot in the head...through the eye, in a world without doctors and only needs a white bandage for a few episodes.

Carl Grimes - Super kid and pudding sucker extraordinaire :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2019, 10:56 AM
I have to say, this weeks episode was better than the previous few....other than the stupid Highway Men storyline :rolleyes:

Hal-9000
03-11-2019, 02:50 PM
I have to say, this weeks episode was better than the previous few....other than the stupid Highway Men storyline :rolleyes:

I had the same two takeaways. Didn't find myself eye rolling or looking for critiques.

and yeah the Highway Men - Give us all of your shit or die! :x Wha...you got movies? :-s Protect all of your shit or we die!

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2019, 02:57 PM
I do think that the dude they called Beta should have been either dead or seriously injured. It looks like he basically stood right back up after he regained consciousness. At the VERY least he should have broken a bone or something.

Hal-9000
03-11-2019, 03:00 PM
I'm jaded and could tell by the way the scene was filmed. Daryl spitting after was cool yet they never showed his body initially.

Henry almost got it :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2019, 03:03 PM
I'm jaded and could tell by the way the scene was filmed. Daryl spitting after was cool yet they never showed his body initially.

Henry almost got it :dance:

He landed on his back FFS, in reality he would have probably broken his back and/or neck :lol: At least a leg or arm.

Yeah, Henry's getting close to the big send off! :banana:

With all the hassle he causes, when they were first discussing whether the girl stays or goes, Daryl should have looked at Lydia, then Henry, and said fuck it, Henry stays here and the girl goes with us :lol:

Hal-9000
03-11-2019, 03:32 PM
He landed on his back FFS, in reality he would have probably broken his back and/or neck :lol: At least a leg or arm.

Yeah, Henry's getting close to the big send off! :banana:

With all the hassle he causes, when they were first discussing whether the girl stays or goes, Daryl should have looked at Lydia, then Henry, and said fuck it, Henry stays here and the girl goes with us :lol:

Stake him to a post like the goat in Jurassic Park :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2019, 03:37 PM
I mean FFS, Henry can't even run away without fucking up :lol: He's the only one that tripped and fell while they were making their escape form the Whisperers camp.

Hal-9000
03-11-2019, 03:47 PM
Yep Daryl should pull a Shane/Otis next time they're in danger from Walkers.

*crossbow bolt to the leg*

Uhh sorry Henry we gotta keep goin man. You know how it is. Take care of that leg.:thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2019, 03:50 PM
:rofl:

Hal-9000
03-11-2019, 03:59 PM
Did you see Connie literally get the last word??

:lol: now that is great writing

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Yeah, the deaf girl gets the last word :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2019, 06:29 PM
From a reviewer over at i09 :rofl:

I have to assume Beta does something truly heinous in the comics, because right now he’s not scary, he’s just hilarious. Between the long hair, the trenchcoat, and the invincibility and the fact he’s doing a non-stop Christian-Bale-as-Batman voice, he’s such a clichιd amalgamation of what a 12-year-old boy thought was super-cool back in 1994 that it warms my heart. He’s probably managed to find a small group of Whisperers to secretly play Dungeons & Dragons (2nd Edition) with him when they aren’t all forced to hang out with zombies.

Hal-9000
03-12-2019, 03:09 PM
I played D&D until my late 20's :x

Hal-9000
03-12-2019, 03:10 PM
Yeah, the deaf girl gets the last word :lol:

When she tore off that page, walked away and left it with him I laughed and laughed :lol:

Griffin
03-18-2019, 03:49 AM
This episode finally answered some questions about Alexandria in the missing six years but it was like watching a super ball on a roulette wheel.
Whoever edited this roundabout needs to be fired.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 10:37 AM
I thought it was a decent episode and glad that it answered a lot of the questions. I can see why Michonne is all fucked up, being forced to kill a friend and a bunch of kids will do that to a person.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 02:31 PM
One particular moment I didn't care for was towards then end, when Michonne was out looking for Judith. Michonne finds her and she (Judith) is dispatching zombies. Now, Judith in her own right is very smart and pretty much a badass and she knows how to survive. It's plainly obvious that the last zombie she tries to dispatch is only hit in the leg, and although she does manage to cut the leg off and the zombie topples over, the zombie obviously isn't dead. And before taking the time to kill the zombie, that's when she decides to stop and look away over at Michonne and acknowledge that she's there. The the aforementioned zombie attacks Judith and she screams like the little girl she is and is yelling for mer mom to save her. :rolleyes: To me that scene appeared forced because I doubt that Judith would have let that zombie just fall over without going in for the kill. It was a contrived scene a bit to further it along where Judith and Michonne finally talk about the past.

Mini Rant/

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 02:56 PM
During the first 20 minutes I was getting ready for a scathing review about wasting sets and actors on complete BS.

Then the episode got better.

Still pretty bad when Michonne's old girlfriend and her little crew of Oliver Twist Kids are 20 times scarier than The Whisperers :lol:

Tara! :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 02:59 PM
And then the very last shot is the two Whisperers about reporting back to Alpha about what they saw and in that brief instance it made me not look forward to next week after 2 very good episodes. :|

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:00 PM
One particular moment I didn't care for was towards then end, when Michonne was out looking for Judith. Michonne finds her and she (Judith) is dispatching zombies. Now, Judith in her own right is very smart and pretty much a badass and she knows how to survive. It's plainly obvious that the last zombie she tries to dispatch is only hit in the leg, and although she does manage to cut the leg off and the zombie topples over, the zombie obviously isn't dead. And before taking the time to kill the zombie, that's when she decides to stop and look away over at Michonne and acknowledge that she's there. The the aforementioned zombie attacks Judith and she screams like the little girl she is and is yelling for mer mom to save her. :rolleyes: To me that scene appeared forced because I doubt that Judith would have let that zombie just fall over without going in for the kill. It was a contrived scene a bit to further it along where Judith and Michonne finally talk about the past.

Mini Rant/

Of course it was contrived. It screamed - You can't be alone little seven year old girl who is 3 feet nothing tall :lol:

And yes a device to get them to reveal the big secret about why Michonne has been acting so weird when it comes to her old Hilltop and Kingdom friends.

I still didn't buy it unfortunately. These people have been through hell together (Michonne + everyone) so if they do become estranged I was hoping there would be a better reason.

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:03 PM
And then the very last shot is the two Whisperers about reporting back to Alpha about what they saw and in that brief instance it made me not look forward to next week after 2 very good episodes. :|

One good part about that scene was when the actors playing the walkers stopped moving like zombies and then moved with deliberation. It was creepy.

Still say the theory that Eugene had about walkers evolving would have been 100 times better for future plots, seasons.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 03:05 PM
Of course it was contrived. It screamed - You can't be alone little seven year old girl who is 3 feet nothing tall :lol:

And yes a device to get them to reveal the big secret about why Michonne has been acting so weird when it comes to her old Hilltop and Kingdom friends.

I still didn't buy it unfortunately. These people have been through hell together (Michonne + everyone) so if they do become estranged I was hoping there would be a better reason.

I can see how it would mess Michonne up for awhile...she saw what she thought was her friend, let her in, and then that friend took advantage by not only robbing them, but kidnapping several kids as well. Then, when confronting them after being tortured and nearly killed, Michonne is forced to kill her friend and several of the kids, so yeah, I can see that messing with her mind, especially since she had Judith to look after as her own plus being pregnant as well.

But Michonne is a very strong character (at least she used to be) and while something like that would fuck with her mind, she should be able to get passed it. And she never should have let it jeopardize her and Alexandria's relationships with Hilltop and The Kingdom.

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:06 PM
I like the actress that plays current Judith. I find her non-precocious and believable. I had a bit of a problem during the recent episode with the timing and the two Judiths.

Flashback Judith was during the time Michonne was pregnant, in the months directly following Rick's disappearance. We're told that was six years ago.

Current Judith and Flashback Judith looked about the same size and age :-s

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:09 PM
I can see how it would mess Michonne up for awhile...she saw what she thought was her friend, let her in, and then that friend took advantage by not only robbing them, but kidnapping several kids as well. Then, when confronting them after being tortured and nearly killed, Michonne is forced to kill her friend and several of the kids, so yeah, I can see that messing with her mind, especially since she had Judith to look after as her own plus being pregnant as well.

But Michonne is a very strong character (at least she used to be) and while something like that would fuck with her mind, she should be able to get passed it. And she never should have let it jeopardize her and Alexandria's relationships with Hilltop and The Kingdom.

Yeah the friendship then weirdness angle would screw people up for sure, but it seems like there's a big disconnect (for me) about why Michonne is so against the rest of her crew. To prevent getting screwed over by them? They all must know about her old buddy and what happened?

And is this the mysterious event Michonne thanked Daryl for a few episodes ago?

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:11 PM
This episode finally answered some questions about Alexandria in the missing six years but it was like watching a super ball on a roulette wheel.
Whoever edited this roundabout needs to be fired.

I found the episode uneven. First it was so boring I wanted to turn it off, then it got really interesting.

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:12 PM
Some of the acting between Tara and the kids was cringe worthy :lol:

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:13 PM
I like Negan but this Visit Negan for psych appointments 101 is heavy handed at times.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 03:15 PM
I like the actress that plays current Judith. I find her non-precocious and believable. I had a bit of a problem during the recent episode with the timing and the two Judiths.

Flashback Judith was during the time Michonne was pregnant, in the months directly following Rick's disappearance. We're told that was six years ago.

Current Judith and Flashback Judith looked about the same size and age :-s

They didn't look the same to me? :dunno:

And we don't know exactly how far back this happened. The show said it was 6 years between when Rick "died" and they re-picked up the show with the new people involved and more grown-up Judith. The event with Michonne's friend and the kids could have only been 2 years ago for all we know.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 03:15 PM
Yeah the friendship then weirdness angle would screw people up for sure, but it seems like there's a big disconnect (for me) about why Michonne is so against the rest of her crew. To prevent getting screwed over by them? They all must know about her old buddy and what happened?

And is this the mysterious event Michonne thanked Daryl for a few episodes ago?

I would believe so, yes.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 03:16 PM
I like Negan but this Visit Negan for psych appointments 101 is heavy handed at times.

I liked this particular scene with Negan and Michonne.

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:20 PM

And we don't know exactly how far back this happened. The show said it was 6 years between when Rick "died" and they re-picked up the show with the new people involved and more grown-up Judith. The event with Michonne's friend and the kids could have only been 2 years ago for all we know.

Sure we do. Michonne was pregnant.

Unless Eugene boned her, it had to be pretty damn close to right after Rick dying/leaving the show :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 03:21 PM
Sure we do. Michonne was pregnant.

Unless Eugene boned her, it had to be pretty damn close to right after Rick dying/leaving the show :lol:

Maybe it was Sadiq :shock:

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:22 PM
I liked this particular scene with Negan and Michonne.

It was the turning point for me when things got interesting. But using him to realize deep down buried feelings comes across as a little too Dr Phil for me.

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:22 PM
Maybe it was Sadiq :shock:

Dude gets around :dance:

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:24 PM

I believe it was two different actresses. It was her size that threw me. One is supposed to be six years older than the other. They both looked to be the same munchkin age to me.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 03:27 PM
I believe it was two different actresses. It was her size that threw me. One is supposed to be six years older than the other. They both looked to be the same munchkin age to me.

Michonne looked VERY pregnant in the flashbacks, so maybe she was close to term at that point? So you could say there was maybe supposed to be about 5 years age difference between flashback Judith and regular Judith. I still think they looked sufficiently different in age to me. :dunno:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2019, 03:27 PM
Dude gets around :dance:

Sadiq: The Post-Apocalyptic Gigolo :tup:

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:31 PM
Michonne looked VERY pregnant in the flashbacks, so maybe she was close to term at that point? So you could say there was maybe supposed to be about 5 years age difference between flashback Judith and regular Judith. I still think they looked sufficiently different in age to me. :dunno:

:slap:

One kid was six, one kid was six point five years old.

Hal-9000
03-18-2019, 03:32 PM
Sadiq: The Post-Apocalyptic Gigolo :tup:

Rash of mysterious pregnancies at Hilltop :-k

Sadiq 8-[

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 10:04 AM
I have ALL KINDS of issues about how this one went down

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 12:13 PM
Okay, while I am fully on board with New Carl finally being offed, I have MASSIVE issues with the way this all went down. The only infiltrator they showed from the Whisperers in the Kingdom at the fair was Alpha. You are telling me that Alpha, all by herself, was able to kidnap those 10 people that ended up with their heads on a pike, and no one saw or heard anything? She was able to subdue them and sneak them out of the gated Kingdom without being seen? Especially after knowing they were all taken alive after hearing Sadiq's story?

:uhhuh:

And when the episode opened and we saw that couple that we had never seen before, I told the wife, oh look, a couple we've never seen before, they're gonna die :lol: And they were dead before the show's opening credits :lol:

They also killed off a bunch of random/unknown/random characters in that reveal. Are we supposed to care? Did they just kill off all the extras to make it seem worse than it was if only a few main characters were killed? Hard to feel "shock" at their deaths when you don't even know who they are.

And the only one that I felt bad that died was Enid. :(

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 04:03 PM
Okay, while I am fully on board with New Carl finally being offed, I have MASSIVE issues with the way this all went down. The only infiltrator they showed from the Whisperers in the Kingdom at the fair was Alpha. You are telling me that Alpha, all by herself, was able to kidnap those 10 people that ended up with their heads on a pike, and no one saw or heard anything? She was able to subdue them and sneak them out of the gated Kingdom without being seen? Especially after knowing they were all taken alive after hearing Sadiq's story?

:uhhuh:

And when the episode opened and we saw that couple that we had never seen before, I told the wife, oh look, a couple we've never seen before, they're gonna die :lol: And they were dead before the show's opening credits :lol:

They also killed off a bunch of random/unknown/random characters in that reveal. Are we supposed to care? Did they just kill off all the extras to make it seem worse than it was if only a few main characters were killed? Hard to feel "shock" at their deaths when you don't even know who they are.

And the only one that I felt bad that died was Enid. :(

We have to assume Alpha had her crew nearby because there's no way she gets control over 10 people without help.

I suspected this scene was coming because someone spoiled it from the comics, where I guess a similar act was carried out right around the time of the fair. Heads on spikes thing.

I had no issue with the episode. I liked the speech at the beginning by Ezekiel and could almost feel something horrible was going to happen due to rule number seven in TWD:

7. When things are going great people die right after the montage and nice music :thumbsup:

Now for the culling choices...Tara, Enid and Henry :cheers: were the main ones, everyone else was canon fodder to pad out the horror show. Did I miss anyone?

The only real problem I had was that Alpha and Daryl seemed to hammer out a pact (post horror show display) about geography. She had already pretty much ruined that considering what they're going to find. Why would Alpha go to those lengths, only to potentially screw up any deal made? Cwazy?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 04:20 PM
We have to assume Alpha had her crew nearby because there's no way she gets control over 10 people without help.

I suspected this scene was coming because someone spoiled it from the comics, where I guess a similar act was carried out right around the time of the fair. Heads on spikes thing.

I had no issue with the episode. I liked the speech at the beginning by Ezekiel and could almost feel something horrible was going to happen due to rule number seven in TWD:

7. When things are going great people die right after the montage and nice music :thumbsup:

Now for the culling choices...Tara, Enid and Henry :cheers: were the main ones, everyone else was canon fodder to pad out the horror show. Did I miss anyone?

The only real problem I had was that Alpha and Daryl seemed to hammer out a pact (post horror show display) about geography. She had already pretty much ruined that considering what they're going to find. Why would Alpha go to those lengths, only to potentially screw up any deal made? Cwazy?

I didn't know it was coming, when I see people discussing the comics, even though there are differences between them and the show, I avoid the discussion like the plague. Some people that read the comic books seem to get off on spoiling the show for no reason (same issue with Game of Thrones too). I hate spoilers and I don't want to see them. If I'm warned and see them, that's on me, but when some jackass just starts ruining things because they get off on it, it makes me want to puth their head on a pike.

In reference to your comment about Daryl and Alpha....they seemed to be alone, she already said that his friends had been released and would be waiting for him. Why the fuck didn't he just try and overpower her and kill her? He could have wrestled that shotgun away from her, his hands weren't bound. That was just dumb. He could have at the very least pushed her over the edge of the cliff. Sloppy writing IMHO.

And I still don't care, the Whisperers are not scary in the least, no matter how much they try and make them out to be. And Beta with his Christian Bale "I'm Batman" voice is comical, not scary. :lol:

And even if she (Alpha) had some of her crew there, I still find it incredibly hard to believe that they could overpower 10 separate people and sneak them out alive without anyone seeing or hearing something.

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 04:34 PM
I didn't know it was coming, when I see people discussing the comics, even though there are differences between them and the show, I avoid the discussion like the plague. Some people that read the comic books seem to get off on spoiling the show for no reason (same issue with Game of Thrones too). I hate spoilers and I don't want to see them. If I'm warned and see them, that's on me, but when some jackass just starts ruining things because they get off on it, it makes me want to puth their head on a pike.

In reference to your comment about Daryl and Alpha....they seemed to be alone, she already said that his friends had been released and would be waiting for him. Why the fuck didn't he just try and overpower her and kill her? He could have wrestled that shotgun away from her, his hands weren't bound. That was just dumb. He could have at the very least pushed her over the edge of the cliff. Sloppy writing IMHO.

And I still don't care, the Whisperers are not scary in the least, no matter how much they try and make them out to be. And Beta with his Christian Bale "I'm Batman" voice is comical, not scary. :lol:

And even if she (Alpha) had some of her crew there, I still find it incredibly hard to believe that they could overpower 10 separate people and sneak them out alive without anyone seeing or hearing something.

I was thinking Daryl should have nudged her off that cliff too. I guess we're supposed to understand that The Whisperers have this HUGE crew, which brings up another question - Alpha said her people were down in that giant herd of walkers guiding them. Which I can kinda sorta believe. Question then - How did they recruit so many people to become Whisperers? They have enough people to take down all of the good guys we know? I know I wouldn't want to be a skin wearing, worm eating Whisperer :lol:

Podcast I listen to has the comic book zone which appears at the end, complete with warning. It was my bad in that case wanting to hear to some info. I'm in part responsible (by name) for them creating that segment on the podcast because I bitched like a gay man finding sand in the vaseline over something minor they revealed in the past :lol:

Same podcast has the guy who hates Henry and I can hardly wait to hear his take on this. He let us know that Henry has appeared in almost every episode this season, while people like Daryl and Michonne got limited time in the first half of the season.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 04:56 PM
This episode was weird in a way that they seemed to introduce and/or bring back some very minor characters just to kill them for shock value? The couple at the beginning. The girl that had a crush (?) on Henry. The red haired girl that I don't remember seeing before that asked Henry if he was lost. One of the teenage boys from many episodes back that came over to taunt Lydia. I think they could have just left it with Enid, Henry, Tara, and the blacksmith's wife (can't remember her name) and that would have been gory enough.

The writing on this show is very sloppy at times and they leave Discovery sized plot holes in it sometimes because of it.

Some of the heads on the pikes I didn't recognize/ remember. There were 10 of them, the 7 I named off abpve, I think the leader of the Highwaymen was on there, which makes 8...I guess that's how poorly they chose the people that were getting killed off, because I can't remember/or don't recognize the other two that I'm missing.

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 05:18 PM
This episode was weird in a way that they seemed to introduce and/or bring back some very minor characters just to kill them for shock value? The couple at the beginning. The girl that had a crush (?) on Henry. The red haired girl that I don't remember seeing before that asked Henry if he was lost. One of the teenage boys from many episodes back that came over to taunt Lydia. I think they could have just left it with Enid, Henry, Tara, and the blacksmith's wife (can't remember her name) and that would have been gory enough.

The writing on this show is very sloppy at times and they leave Discovery sized plot holes in it sometimes because of it.

Some of the heads on the pikes I didn't recognize/ remember. There were 10 of them, the 7 I named off abpve, I think the leader of the Highwaymen was on there, which makes 8...I guess that's how poorly they chose the people that were getting killed off, because I can't remember/or don't recognize the other two that I'm missing.

Yeah I may have to find a recap to get the list of heads.

They did do what you mention just for effect it seems. Bring back the kids Henry hung out with, show Brett Butler again (blacksmith's wife), make sure Enid got a line or two.

List so far:

Tara
Enid
Henry
Red haired teen girl
Teen girl with glasses who liked Henry
Ozzy - highway men leader
Brett Butler
(2) Random couple at beginning

That's nine if I have this right :-k

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 05:20 PM
There's a commenter on the podcast site who hates Tara with a passion. His comments are always hilarious because he despises her so much. He would even make comments when she didn't appear in an episode :lol:

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 05:22 PM

They did do what you mention just for effect it seems. Bring back the kids Henry hung out with, show Brett Butler again (blacksmith's wife), make sure Enid got a line or two.

List so far:

Tara
Enid
Henry
Red haired teen girl
Brett Butler

Wait a sec :-k

Didn't the two teen guys who harassed Lydia end up on spikes too?

That would be 11...

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 05:22 PM

List so far:

Tara
Enid
Henry
Red haired teen girl
Brett Butler

Was the couple that was killed at the very beginning on the pikes? If they were, that's all 10 then.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 05:23 PM
There's a commenter on the podcast site who hates Tara with a passion. His comments are always hilarious because he despises her so much. He would even make comments when she didn't appear in an episode :lol:

She's not the greatest character on the show, but far from the worst. Why does he hate her so much?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 05:23 PM
Wait a sec :-k

Didn't the two teen guys who harassed Lydia end up on spikes too?

That would be 11...

It was only one of the teen boys that harassed Lydia.

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 05:26 PM
From Forbes:

"But many viewers struggled to recognize some of these victims, and even the big names among them felt largely like secondary characters. To recap, here were the victims of Alpha's monstrous retribution:

Ozzy
Highwayman second-in-command
DJ
Frankie
Tammy Rose
Addy
Rodney
Tara
Enid
Henry"

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 05:34 PM
Okay DJ is the Highway Men's second in command so Forbes screwed that up.

Frankie was a Negan wife survivor. (red haired and attractive...one of the teen girls?)

Tammy Rose is Brett Butler, blacksmith's wife.

Addy was girl with glasses who liked Henry.

Rodney was one of the teen boys.

Tara

Enid

Henry

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 05:35 PM
I think they fucked up by making it too hard to figure out who died...it loses some of the impact :lol:

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 05:41 PM
Okay I've got the list:

Left to right, top row first.

https://i.imgur.com/vbrsrU8.jpg

Ozzy, Alek, DJ, Frankie, Tammy Rose
Adeline, Rodney, Tara, Enid, Henry

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 05:43 PM
I think they fucked up by making it too hard to figure out who died...it loses some of the impact :lol:

I was thinking that as I watched. Red shirt, red shirt, red shirt....oooh Enid, red shirt, Tara!, red shirt etc etc...

I knew Henry would be the BIG reveal at the end and I may have let out a tiny cheer.

I did like how they left them partially alive so they kept the mouth action going :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 05:45 PM
The Highwaymen are too new, other than the leader, I couldn't have picked any of the others out of a lineup in my life depended on it. Frankie is from so far in the past that I wouldn't have remembered/recognized her either.

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 05:46 PM
Must say....Ozzy with his scowl and pipe wrench was growing on me :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 05:46 PM
I was thinking that as I watched. Red shirt, red shirt, red shirt....oooh Enid, red shirt, Tara!, red shirt etc etc...

I knew Henry would be the BIG reveal at the end and I may have let out a tiny cheer.

I did like how they left them partially alive so they kept the mouth action going :lol:

I think they backfired on killing Henry, he seems to be a pretty despised character on the show, they should have left him alive and killed Lydia instead. :lol:

Red Shirt :rofl:

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 05:49 PM
The Highwaymen are too new, other than the leader, I couldn't have picked any of the others out of a lineup in my life depended on it. Frankie is from so far in the past that I wouldn't have remembered/recognized her either.

I thought Ozzy's head was Luke at first and let out a yip.

Luke is still there :|