PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 05:50 PM
I thought Ozzy's head was Luke at first and let out a yip.

Luke is still there :|

I thought the exact same thing :rofl:

And when the Aussie chick made her horrified face, I thought her g/f was gonna be up there.

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 05:53 PM
I think they backfired on killing Henry, he seems to be a pretty despised character on the show, they should have left him alive and killed Lydia instead. :lol:

Red Shirt :rofl:

Well hell Henry gets sent to the Hilltop, which took a fair amount of diplomacy in the first place, then he immediately gets into shit drinking and doing drugs. Then he gets people killed by falling in love with Lydia and letting her go, then gets even more people killed by going off on some idiot-fueled rescue mission to find Lydia...and you know what?

The little asshole hasn't learned jack shit about blacksmithing, which was the original idea in the first place :lol: And he sucks so bad at Aikido, Morgan would have showed up and whupped his ass for that anyways!

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 05:59 PM
In the comic 12 heads are on spikes, Rosita and Ezekiel being the only notable ones as the cast varies so greatly from the comic to the show.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 06:09 PM
I'm surprised they killed off Tara, especially considering that Michonne is done after this season I believe? The actress is pursuing other things instead of remaining on the show, but from what I understand, will be in some of the planned movies with Andrew Lincoln.

And Alpha made a mistake killing Henry really...that will make Carol mad, and you don't want to be on Carol's bad side.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 06:09 PM
Well hell Henry gets sent to the Hilltop, which took a fair amount of diplomacy in the first place, then he immediately gets into shit drinking and doing drugs. Then he gets people killed by falling in love with Lydia and letting her go, then gets even more people killed by going off on some idiot-fueled rescue mission to find Lydia...and you know what?

The little asshole hasn't learned jack shit about blacksmithing, which was the original idea in the first place :lol: And he sucks so bad at Aikido, Morgan would have showed up and whupped his ass for that anyways!

Yeah, absolutely nothing went the way it was supposed to for Henry being at Hilltop. :lol:

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 06:51 PM
I'm surprised they killed off Tara, especially considering that Michonne is done after this season I believe? The actress is pursuing other things instead of remaining on the show, but from what I understand, will be in some of the planned movies with Andrew Lincoln.

And Alpha made a mistake killing Henry really...that will make Carol mad, and you don't want to be on Carol's bad side.

I was reading something by Angela Kang the new showrunner. She's been writing for the show for eight years and knows the comics inside/out. It's a little weird to hear her justifications about who gets killed. One of them was, "Well when actors sign up to do this series, the title does have the word 'dead' in it. Ha-haw". Not much of a reason.

I've read a little of the background stuff and I think some of the decisions are based on contract disputes, how well an actor gets along with production, and I'm sure a show as big as TWD has marketing tests and screenings to determine how well the characters resonate with fans.

And I don't think they do a very good job getting the pulse of the situation so to speak :lol: I could think of 10 characters to cut instantly and bring back one or two, and I know the show would be much more exciting and interesting.

Example - They have a fairly large setpiece scene signing the new charter of rights. If the person representing Oceanside died last night, would you care? Or better yet, do you know her name? :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-25-2019, 06:59 PM
Awww, they killed Enid and Tara... that's messed up.

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 07:07 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28oxinZmrW0&list=RD28oxinZmrW0&start_radio=1

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 07:10 PM
I was reading something by Angela Kang the new showrunner. She's been writing for the show for eight years and knows the comics inside/out. It's a little weird to hear her justifications about who gets killed. One of them was, "Well when actors sign up to do this series, the title does have the word 'dead' in it. Ha-haw". Not much of a reason.

I've read a little of the background stuff and I think some of the decisions are based on contract disputes, how well an actor gets along with production, and I'm sure a show as big as TWD has marketing tests and screenings to determine how well the characters resonate with fans.

And I don't think they do a very good job getting the pulse of the situation so to speak :lol: I could think of 10 characters to cut instantly and bring back one or two, and I know the show would be much more exciting and interesting.

Example - They have a fairly large setpiece scene signing the new charter of rights. If the person representing Oceanside died last night, would you care? Or better yet, do you know her name? :lol:

That chick from Oceanside last night, her whole thing was "Yeah, Oceanside is down with that." :thumbsup:

:lol:

Yeah, it sucks they killed Enid.

JSS

DemonGeminiX
03-25-2019, 07:12 PM
I did like how they left them partially alive so they kept the mouth action going :lol:

Their brains weren't destroyed. They were walker heads.

DemonGeminiX
03-25-2019, 07:13 PM
That chick from Oceanside last night, her whole thing was "Yeah, Oceanside is down with that." :thumbsup:

Yeah, it sucks they killed Enid.

JSS

Well I guess without Coral around to have her as a character subplot... but I liked Tara.

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 07:25 PM
Their brains weren't destroyed. They were walker heads.

Ummm..yeah I kinda noticed that, thus the observation.

:lol: man..

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 07:27 PM

You know, unless they bring in someone from Oceanside periodically, I kinda forget they even exist :lol:

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 07:30 PM
You know, unless they bring in someone from Oceanside periodically, I kinda forget they even exist :lol:

Yeah how about during the signing Ezekiel asks if everyone agrees and the girl from Oceanside says - No, we're not really down with that.

What are they going to do, cut ties with Alexandria, The Kingdom and The Hilltop?

You gals are expendable ensigns, wear them redshirts proudly :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 07:34 PM
Yeah how about during the signing Ezekiel asks if everyone agrees and the girl from Oceanside says - No, we're not really down with that.

What are they going to do, cut ties with Alexandria, The Kingdom and The Hilltop?

You gals are expendable ensigns, wear them redshirts proudly :lol:

I mean, what does Oceanside even really bring to the table anymore? All you can eat fish fry on Saturday night :)

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 07:39 PM

I mean, what does Oceanside even really bring to the table anymore? All you can eat fish fry on Saturday night :)

:lol: Fish n Lesbos

Maybe DGX knows for sure but I think they're more of a presence/force in the comics.

On the show another potential great idea ignored, mishandled and left on the backburner.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 07:42 PM
:lol: Fish n Lesbos

Maybe DGX knows for sure but I think they're more of a presence/force in the comics.

On the show another potential great idea ignored, mishandled and left on the backburner.

Yup, they were such a huge focal point of the show at one point and then just dropped off the face of the earth.

Hal-9000
03-25-2019, 07:48 PM
Yup, they were such a huge focal point of the show at one point and then just dropped off the face of the earth.

One of my writing pet peeves.

Tara was captured by Oceanside people then escaped/released.

Rick then uses Tara later as their rep to hammer out a deal for guns and ammo. Tara was given a grand total of 60 seconds to convince Oceanside to agree to it, then Rick's hidden crew starts bombarding them with grenades and hellfire :lol:

If you don't believe me watch the episode again. It's literally Rick/Tara saying - So how about it? My way or the highway? *a few seconds pass* No? Okay then you asked for it!!! :machinegun:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2019, 08:07 PM
One of my writing pet peeves.

Tara was captured by Oceanside people then escaped/released.

Rick then uses Tara later as their rep to hammer out a deal for guns and ammo. Tara was given a grand total of 60 seconds to convince Oceanside to agree to it, then Rick's hidden crew starts bombarding them with grenades and hellfire :lol:

If you don't believe me watch the episode again. It's literally Rick/Tara saying - So how about it? My way or the highway? *a few seconds pass* No? Okay then you asked for it!!! :machinegun:

Yeah, none of that part of the Oceanside arc made any sense whatsoever. :lol:

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 12:36 AM
Guy from the recap I listen to starts by using a sad, quiet voice. Tonight we lost Ozzy, Tara, Enid, Tammy....and lists almost everyone.

Then he plays Celebration by Kool and the Gang and says in a loud voice - and Henry too!!! :lol: :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 10:11 AM
Rejoicing in the death of a boy...shameful [-(

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 03:49 PM
He said on the Talking Dead Henry was the last reveal and was treated like the star of the episode.

Not really fair to the actresses who play Enid and Tara. Tara has been there since the prison/Governor.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 04:01 PM
He said on the Talking Dead Henry was the last reveal and was treated like the star of the episode.

Not really fair to the actresses who play Enid and Tara. Tara has been there since the prison/Governor.

Plus Enid was one of the few cute ones on the show :lol:

I think they did him as the final reveal because it was supposed to be the most "shocking" to people. The writers must not have realized how despised his character was FFS :lol:

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 04:08 PM
Plus Enid was one of the few cute ones on the show :lol:

I think they did him as the final reveal because it was supposed to be the most "shocking" to people. The writers must not have realized how despised his character was FFS :lol:

My recap guy has a podcast empire covering Survivor, Big Brother and at least 10 other mainstream shows like TWD and Game of Thrones. It behooves him to stay on the right side of the productions, much like Chris Hardwick and The Talking Dead.

And he starts the podcast with the Celebration song :rofl:

And he makes some very good points running down what Henry did and didn't do as a character and all of it leads to other people's deaths. I post here first after episodes and it's hilarious to hear him echo my exact thoughts about people like Henry. The Whisperers wouldn't even use his face because he's a waste of skin :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure what the writers were thinking with his character. He was useless in just about every way, and when he wasn't being useless, he was being completely annoying. :shakehead:

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 04:40 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure what the writers were thinking with his character. He was useless in just about every way, and when he wasn't being useless, he was being completely annoying. :shakehead:

He was a real heavy handed way to activate Carol's kill switch* once again.

*each character has one. It's set in the on or off position depending on the season. See - Morgan, Rick, Carol, Maggie...

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 04:42 PM
Actually the whole progression we saw with Lydia and Henry was Lydia and Carl in the comics.

Since Carl was murdered off of the show, I guess they needed a stand in :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I'm sure this is how Carol is going to be with the Whisperers now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m24c5TRi0c

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 04:45 PM
I still don't see how The Whisperers got so many recruits.

Their membership brochure really isn't that attractive :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 04:47 PM
I still don't see how The Whisperers got so many recruits.

Their membership brochure really isn't that attractive :lol:

Yeah, it really makes ZERO sense :lol:

Join us! Get to smell even worse than normal on a daily basis! Pretend to be someone different every day! No running required, take your time and enjoy yourself!

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 04:55 PM
Yeah, it really makes ZERO sense :lol:

Join us! Get to smell even worse than normal on a daily basis! Pretend to be someone different every day! No running required, take your time and enjoy yourself!

Recap guy and gal attempted to go through Alpha's steps starting from the scene where she murdered the blond haired woman, to meeting Ezekiel before the movie, to meeting Lydia at the movie, and then finally capturing Daryl and his crew....AFTER capturing and killing the 10 people from The Kingdom.

They tried for over 15 minutes to understand the logistics and it just wouldn't work :lol: So much happened starting in the afternoon of the movie and then continuing overnight to morning, it just wasn't possible.

Then the podcast chick says - And she somehow scalped that woman, put on her beautiful long blonde hair without having blood drip down her neck and washed off her face completely. Do the Whisperers have a bathroom with a vanity mirror? Because as a woman, we need those sort of things when we're sleeping outside and eating worms.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 04:58 PM
I told you that whole thing was nonsensical and was my huge issue with the whole episode :facepalm:

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 05:00 PM
I told you that whole thing was nonsensical and was my huge issue with the whole episode :facepalm:

Yes I remember but your whole issue was more - How could Alpha do it herself?

She's got a cast of thousands for support :tup:

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 05:02 PM
... I have MASSIVE issues with the way this all went down. The only infiltrator they showed from the Whisperers in the Kingdom at the fair was Alpha. You are telling me that Alpha, all by herself, was able to kidnap those 10 people that ended up with their heads on a pike, and no one saw or heard anything? She was able to subdue them and sneak them out of the gated Kingdom without being seen?

And when the episode opened and we saw that couple that we had never seen before, I told the wife, oh look, a couple we've never seen before, they're gonna die :lol: And they were dead before the show's opening credits :lol:

I sometimes pay attention to what you say :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2019, 05:07 PM
It's the same difference :nono:

Hal-9000
03-27-2019, 05:43 PM
It's similar to Discovery. It's fantasy and one would expect just to sit down and let it wash over you.

Problem being, when a huge setpiece like that occurs (movie night and ten heads on spikes) it does cause us the viewers to say - Hey, how was that even possible? :-s

Recap chick knows the comics well and said she started seeing beats from the comic panels during the episode and went - Oh shit, they're doing the heads on spikes thing now and not during the final episode :shock:

And as a fan she too questioned the how of it all and said it left her a little disappointed with the TV show.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-01-2019, 02:28 PM
What a horribly underwhelming season finale :|

Hal-9000
04-01-2019, 03:10 PM
What a horribly underwhelming season finale :|

Roger that.

Can someone explain to me why everything was fine in terms of the buildings they lived in at the time Alpha killed those people, and then a few short weeks/months later (Rosita is still pregnant) they have to abandon both Alexandria and the Kingdom?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Roger that.

Can someone explain to me why everything was fine in terms of the buildings they lived in at the time Alpha killed those people, and then a few short weeks/months later (Rosita is still pregnant) they have to abandon both Alexandria and the Kingdom?

The Kingdom completely falling apart made no sense. And they weren't abandoning Alexandria, they were just moving everyone to the 2 or 3 houses that had big rooms and big fireplaces. And when the fireplace 'blew up' on them in that one hose, they had to trek across town to a different house.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-01-2019, 03:38 PM
And YAY! We got the exact opposite Carol of what we were thinking. We've gotten sad, weepy, self-doubting, feeling sorry for herself Carol back again. :|

Hal-9000
04-01-2019, 03:41 PM
The Kingdom completely falling apart made no sense. And they weren't abandoning Alexandria, they were just moving everyone to the 2 or 3 houses that had big rooms and big fireplaces. And when the fireplace 'blew up' on them in that one hose, they had to trek across town to a different house.

Right. What I got at Alexandria was that they lost the 'utilities' there :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Right. What I got at Alexandria was that they lost the 'utilities' there :lol:

One big issue I had with the episode concerning the winter....this is something like 6 years after Rick died, so they know that winter comes every year. How could they be THAT drastically unprepared for it? Whether it's early or not? :confused:

Griffin
04-01-2019, 04:22 PM
How about the kingdom traveling across the prairie without getting lost but Alexandria couldn't even cross the street without tying everyone together.

Hal-9000
04-01-2019, 04:30 PM
And YAY! We got the exact opposite Carol of what we were thinking. We've gotten sad, weepy, self-doubting, feeling sorry for herself Carol back again. :|

I thought we would see another Lizzie scene there :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-01-2019, 04:51 PM
How about the kingdom traveling across the prairie without getting lost but Alexandria couldn't even cross the street without tying everyone together.

Maybe Alexandria is really the size of Montana? :-k

Hal-9000
04-01-2019, 08:50 PM

Yeah the carbon monoxide build up probably would have put them to sleep first before any sort of fireplace explosion :-k

And I still don't understand what happened to the buildings in The Kingdom...termites? They said something about not being able to stop the rot.

Hal-9000
04-01-2019, 08:53 PM
One big issue I had with the episode concerning the winter....this is something like 6 years after Rick died, so they know that winter comes every year. How could they be THAT drastically unprepared for it? Whether it's early or not? :confused:

Bingo. They do talk about where they are geographically don't they? Atlanta to parts of Virginia sort of comments?

And they have no idea how the winters are? Or was that just some freak weather thing? I still don't think Georgia etc gets winter snow that deep..

Hal-9000
04-01-2019, 08:57 PM

Someone made a map online supposedly showing their journey from the start.

To me I have no orientation where The Kingdom, Alexandria, The Hilltop, Sanctuary are in relation to each other.

And the most puzzling thing for me from the episode was that there were big drifts of snow crossing the river (in Whisperer's territory), yet the Whisperer's camp is all sunny, green foliage with everyone walking around in summer attire, complete with skins hanging on trees to dry out.

Just how far south are The Whisperers...Florida?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 03:04 PM
I like when the Kingdom folk made it to Hilltop and Jerry came up with Kingtop....can we make that a thing? :lol:

If they ever kill Jerry off I'll be upset :|

Hal-9000
04-02-2019, 03:45 PM
I like when the Kingdom folk made it to Hilltop and Jerry came up with Kingtop....can we make that a thing? :lol:

If they ever kill Jerry off I'll be upset :|

Jerry was top pick for the heads on stakes draft. I'm glad he made it too. He'll be a prime target when they need ratings.

Listened to a podcast last night. They said the Kingdom had bad pipes and that's what caused them to move.

Still seems a little much considering those are fully formed buildings with windows and doors...I would never leave. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 04:06 PM
Yeah, you know with them showing Jerry with a family means that it's not if, it's when. :|

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Alright, I adjusted the thread title so we can discuss both shows in here without needing spoiler tags.

I honestly have no idea what direction this show (FTWD) is going in any more. :| Seriously, I got the whole 'Saviors' vibe from Ginny (I had to look her name up, that's how memorable her character is to me already). So they spent a good part of the season being chased around by Logan (from taking over the trucking company place to chasing them down for the gasoline) and that is ended abruptly at the end of the last episode and NOW there's a new 'villain' with yet undetermined motives.

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2019, 03:19 PM
I stopped watching both shows so...

https://i.imgur.com/DpRW26Q.jpg

Hal-9000
09-11-2019, 03:50 PM
So what do we call Annie Oakley's crew...the Non Whisperers? The Virginians? Gunsmoke ffs :lol:

The podcasting chick who I enjoy listening to (who has stopped covering FTWD) said last year she'd like to see zombies used as perpetual motion machines.

Ticked that box yet refining gas from crude oil is a fairly technical process and immersing a large holding tank in a giant fire looks a little suspect :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2019, 03:53 PM
I think they referred to themselves as both 'settlers' and pioneers' so whichever floats your boat there I guess :lol:

The walkers trying to get the rats driving the equipment was a pretty ingenious/comical scene. Especially when they were deciding which rat they were going to pick :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Ticked that box yet refining gas from crude oil is a fairly technical process and immersing a large holding tank in a giant fire looks a little suspect :lol:

Yeah, I'm thinking that refining gasoline is a little more complicated than what they are showing :lol:

Hal-9000
09-11-2019, 04:00 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking that refining gasoline is a little more complicated than what they are showing :lol:

Little more flame on that there crude John!! :lol:

John - Fuck that shit I'm outta here

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Little more flame on that there crude John!! :lol:

John - Fuck that shit I'm outta here

There's a couple of oil refineries just outside of Denver that I've been past a million times, they look a little more....complex, than what they show on the TV show. :lol:

Hal-9000
09-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Can we talk about the bullet wasting? We always seem to get a scene where someone shoots at least 20 zombies.

That was one of the things I hated in the Walking Dead Prime's season before last when they were at 'war' with the Saviors. That one episode featured a number of huge gunfights in various Savior locations and when it was over I just shook my head. How many rounds expended by both sides total ..thousands?...a hundred thousand?

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Yup, John wasting all that rifle ammo on trying to pick off the walkers before they fell into the quarry...ridiculous waste of ammo.

Hal-9000
09-11-2019, 04:19 PM
The hidden location of the oil refinery/quarry :lol:

Gee, where is that huge tanker trailer going? :-s

And that's ANOTHER thing. Everyone in the show now has their own rig and can drive them? Like refining, not the easiest thing to learn on the fly.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Yeah, hidden, with all that black smoke too :rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Hey, they were able to re-assemble and fly a plane that crashed, driving a semi is child's play :hand:

Hal-9000
09-11-2019, 05:10 PM
Hey, they were able to re-assemble and fly a plane that crashed, driving a semi is child's play :hand:

I forgot about keeping the nuclear reactor in the green by using that small generator :doh:

These people are totally CAPABLE :tup: ...of doing anything other than setting up one place to live and thrive at without killing off half the cast.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2019, 05:18 PM
They're good at painting trees too :tup:

Hal-9000
09-11-2019, 05:36 PM
They're good at painting trees too :tup:

We need gas, food, ammo, a secure place to sleep, clothes and water.

SO I'LL JUST PAINT SOME TREES TO PASS THE TIME :)

Ad that reminds me of another thing....over 6 years in and everyone is shaved and has reasonable haircuts? BS! They would look like cavemen!!! :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2019, 05:42 PM
We need gas, food, ammo, a secure place to sleep, clothes and water.

SO I'LL JUST PAINT SOME TREES TO PASS THE TIME :)

Ad that reminds me of another thing....over 6 years in and everyone is shaved and has reasonable haircuts? BS! They would look like cavemen!!! :lol:

Not to mention clean teeth :lol:

Hal-9000
09-11-2019, 05:53 PM
Not to mention clean teeth :lol:

Clean EVERYthing :naughty: :lol:

Ummm Alicia...please wash that beaver okay thanks for coming out it's been nice did I mention your jeans look good and I love your hair?

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2019, 06:01 PM
I saw that this got renewed for another season too :facepalm:

Hal-9000
09-11-2019, 06:05 PM
I saw that this got renewed for another season too :facepalm:

For the past three seasons I've finished an episode and said to myself - Well, that had all the emotional heft of a late night infomercial selling cloth diapers :|

so many wasted hours..

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2019, 06:06 PM
The show used to be good too.

Hal-9000
09-11-2019, 06:12 PM
The show used to be good too.

Right up until they parked a 10 million dollar boat only to return days later and wonder why it had been stolen ...during the FRICKEN ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE :lol:

People didn't like Nick in the beginning yet having a character who's a reformed drug addict and discovers he enjoys the rush of covering himself in zombie goo and walking with zombies, was an example of good writing I thought.

Right around the time they went to that compound in Mexico and the cast literally split up in five different ways for no reason at all, killing a few members in the process...is where it went off the rails IMO.

Hal-9000
09-11-2019, 06:14 PM
And things like pushing Travis out of a helicopter in episode two of a season...really points to things going on behind the scenes that have NOTHING to do with the intended plot.

He was on the Talking Dead right after and he couldn't even talk about his exit without humming and hawing and trying to come up with a non confrontational answer. He was hiding something for sure.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Right up until they parked a 10 million dollar boat only to return days later and wonder why it had been stolen ...during the FRICKEN ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE :lol:

People didn't like Nick in the beginning yet having a character who's a reformed drug addict and discovers he enjoys the rush of covering himself in zombie goo and walking with zombies, was an example of good writing I thought.

Right around the time they went to that compound in Mexico and the cast literally split up in five different ways for no reason at all, killing a few members in the process...is where it went off the rails IMO.

Yeah, it was ridiculous when they split everyone up and had 3498502374698374 different story lines all going on at once. It became a mess. And then this season they "re-invent' themselves with being The Tryhard Helpers and still making dumb mistake after dumb mistake. You would think that by this time living through a zombie apocalypse you would learn to not trust ANYTHING.

Hal-9000
09-11-2019, 06:43 PM
Yeah, it was ridiculous when they split everyone up and had 3498502374698374 different story lines all going on at once. It became a mess. And then this season they "re-invent' themselves with being The Tryhard Helpers and still making dumb mistake after dumb mistake. You would think that by this time living through a zombie apocalypse you would learn to not trust ANYTHING.

I went back and forth with the podcasting chick because she felt at a certain stage people would become more altruistic and attempt to rebuild society through...helping.

She is a longtime fan of the comic books and a Day One watcher and writer covering TWD for years, so she knows her stuff. She's the one who came up with the idea (about a year ago) to use the zombies as perpetual motion machines and it finally appears on the last episode.

I agree with you and her to certain degrees. Societies would form out of necessity and then break down out of humanity...Woodbury was cool on TWD and so was Terminus.

Hell, people hated season two of TWD and Hershel's farm..but I loved the idea that an old doctor would still see people as people and try to preserve his relatives. When they opened those barn doors I thought it was a very realistic moment considering they had lived alone on that farm for about a year after it started.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-17-2019, 11:19 AM
Paul Tassi, Senior Contributor - Forbes

https://i.imgur.com/yjho5dd.jpg

Last week on Fear the Walking Dead, actual things happened! Logan was killed! There’s a new villain group with mysterious symbols and goals! Could Fear finally be turning things around?

No, no, probably not.

As evidenced by last night’s episode, the show is still writing itself off a cliff. We were back to focusing on Morgan again (I swear him being gone was what made last week’s episode somewhat tolerable) and he runs into yet another person trying to escape from the new Big Bads, Virginia and her horse crew.

Al hears from the guy that this new group is always talking about the future, so she immediately assumes they have something to do with the helicopter people and her brief makeout buddy from earlier in the season. Turns out they have literally nothing to do with each other, as Virginia explains, because they barely even just got gas, so how the hell would they be flying helicopters around?

What I remain confused about after this entire episode is that all Virginia and her group seem to be doing is…setting up settlements around the area. Like, that’s it. They have their horses and keys on a map, but from what I can tell all they’re really doing is trying to set up communities and rebuild, pretty much the same thing all groups are doing now, whether it was Madison and her baseball stadium or Rick and his communities over in Virginia.

https://i.imgur.com/EKCw1VA.jpg

The difference being here is that she’s…evil about it? She executes Logan and his team when they stop being helpful. She’s apparently tried to kill two different people who were inspired to run away. I’m not sure what exactly is so controversial about building communities that it requires mass capital punishment, but this gang seems kind of rinky-dink compared to other villains in series history, and I think it’s too bad that they weren’t connected to the helicopter people, as that would have actually been interesting.

Weirder still is how Morgan and Al react to all this. Morgan seems genuinely charmed by them by the end (they fixed his stick!) even though he knows that they just murdered Logan and have been hunting this guy they just tried to help for some unspecified reason.

I don’t understand any of this, and not in a “hmm what an interesting mystery” kind of way, but rather nothing we’re being shown and the way the characters are reacting to it makes much sense at all. And to top it all off, we have Grace at the end saying that her cancer alarm is going off all of a sudden and Morgan realizes he was a jerk to her, so now we have to deal with her dying and Morgan getting in his sadness cycle all over again. Will we see the return of Crazy Morgan (for the fifth time)? God I hope not. Or hope so. Honestly, I don’t even know at this point.

This was a bizarre, bland, boring episode that does not give me much hope for this supposed “big” surprise that’s supposed to be happening at the end of season 5 to make season 6 interesting, but I guess we’ll see. I have absolutely no faith that Fear can improve under its current showrunners, and every time I think I see a glimmer of hope it’s snuffed out by the following week.

Hal-9000
09-17-2019, 11:25 AM
Love that title :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-17-2019, 11:27 AM
'Boldly Pivots' :lol:

Hal-9000
09-17-2019, 11:28 AM
Yep :lol:

Griffin
03-16-2020, 02:30 AM
YES!!! About time Negan took that bitch out.

DemonGeminiX
09-09-2020, 10:18 PM
The Walking Dead is ending in 2022 after a 24-episode 11th season, and a spin-off featuring Norman Reedus' Daryl and Melissa McBride's Carol will be coming the next year or so.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/walking-dead-ends-norman-reedus-spinoff-melissa-mcbride-anthology-angela-kang-amc-robert-kirkman-1234573093/

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2020, 10:45 PM
Wow, I had no idea this was still going :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-10-2020, 12:37 AM
Wow, I had no idea this was still going :lol:

That's probably why it's ending. They've probably lost a bunch of viewers over the years. I stopped watching a few years ago.

tamall
09-20-2020, 11:28 PM
This franchise has been a success since it came out, but with Rick's departure I already lost the sense of seeing it, on the other hand fear does not give me the same feeling, can you help me?

Griffin
10-26-2020, 03:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5KNJrt_DTo&feature=youtu.be

Griffin
10-26-2020, 03:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5KNJrt_DTo&feature=youtu.be

I bet someone at AMC has their ass in a winger for allowing that ad. :tup:

Griffin
08-23-2021, 02:25 AM
I thought that at least The Walking Dead should be immune to the woke movement, but NOOOa!
The season premier has Darryl and company go into a subway station and we are presented with a poster that says " America Will Not Tolerate Racism!"
Wokeism wasn't even on the horizon when the zombie apocalypse started. :meh:

Griffin
08-23-2021, 02:41 AM
https://imageproxy.ifunny.co/crop:x-20,resize:640x,quality:90x75/images/6cee0de076da8eb32ee7de8b5b1f60f4f14ea9aa4a73f12dad dd21616955de5b_1.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2021, 05:03 PM
I thought that at least The Walking Dead should be immune to the woke movement, but NOOOa!
The season premier has Darryl and company go into a subway station and we are presented with a poster that says " America Will Not Tolerate Racism!"
Wokeism wasn't even on the horizon when the zombie apocalypse started. :meh:

Yeah, I saw that last week when I watched the premiere...it made me just :roll:

Griffin
08-23-2021, 05:10 PM
fuckin commies