PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead (Beware of Spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Pony
10-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Season 1 recap all day today followed by season two premier.

The Walken Dead :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giAQuLntqXY

Goofy
10-16-2011, 12:05 PM
What time does it air PP?

Pony
10-16-2011, 12:10 PM
:-k Do you get AMC channel over there???

Season one marathon starts at 2:30 and season two premier is at 9pm.

Griffin
10-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Obviously an actor draws on his own experience.

Iffy
10-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Thanks PP

Goofy
10-16-2011, 06:33 PM
:-k Do you get AMC channel over there???

Season one marathon starts at 2:30 and season two premier is at 9pm.

Nah, i'll just be waiting for the upload at the usual spots :lol: Probably grab it tomorrow and watch it on tuesday (darts league match tomorrow night)

SmoothBob
10-17-2011, 08:15 AM
Starts on FX this friday Goofy, ah cannae wait! :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Good episode to start the season :tup:

Glad to see they weren't kidding about making this season have even more gore than last season. Hard to believe they have such great SFX for a TV show. And of course what a way to end the first episode of the new season :shock:

Loser
10-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Damnit to hell, didn't know you posted that video Pony :(

DemonGeminiX
10-17-2011, 03:16 PM
I was gonna say something, but I figured you'd find this thread eventually.

:)

Loser
10-17-2011, 03:26 PM
Well go delete my thread, I've removed my head outa my ass :lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Looks like Red took care of it for you.

;)

Loser
10-17-2011, 03:43 PM
TY Red :D

Joebob034
10-17-2011, 05:45 PM
talk about blind sided at the end!

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Yup, I never saw that coming at all and was just :shock:

Joebob034
10-17-2011, 05:56 PM
that whole story never happened in the comic so that ending was definitely shocking

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2011, 06:06 PM
So what's the over/under on Sophia being a zombie now? :-k

Joebob034
10-17-2011, 06:08 PM
I would say no just because I feel like that would be too obvious of a plot twist. I feel like it's gonna be something like another group of living people took her or something like that.

DemonGeminiX
10-17-2011, 06:24 PM
I would say no just because I feel like that would be too obvious of a plot twist. I feel like it's gonna be something like another group of living people took her or something like that.

Maybe the same people who ended up shooting the deer at the end.

:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Maybe the same people who ended up shooting the deer at the end.

:-k

If the case is that she was snatched by another group of people, that would be my guess

Godfather
10-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Certain amazing characters in the novel are being changed drastically... I'm not seeing how it benefits the show to change them :-k

Really good episode last night, I like that Carl was less of a pussy than last season :lol: And it's nice in some ways the show isn't shot-for-shot, gives you more story

Godfather
10-17-2011, 07:55 PM
that whole story never happened in the comic so that ending was definitely shocking

Yes it did! The lead-up was different but if you remember one of the early, major story arcs in the comic the surprise ending did happen!

Joebob034
10-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Yes it did! The lead-up was different but if you remember one of the early, major story arcs in the comic the surprise ending did happen!

I remember his "daughter" being killed but not his son getting shot :-k

Godfather
10-18-2011, 03:27 AM
Otis from the Hershel farm accidentally shot Carl, which is how Rick and the others came to be on the farm near the start of the series! :mrgreen:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Get outta here with your ol' comic book talk, this is the TV show :hand:

Pony
10-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Beware of spoilers? Shouldn't it read Beware of Zombies?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Zombies don't spoil :hand:

Pony
10-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Artificial preservatives?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-18-2011, 11:37 AM
All natural :)

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Screwdriver through the eye FTW :cheers:

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 03:14 PM
So what's the over/under on Sophia being a zombie now? :-k

3 to 1 says she's a zombie and her Mom will be put in a spot to kill her.

:cheers:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 03:16 PM
3 to 1 says she's a zombie and her Mom will be put in a spot to kill her.

:cheers:

I never thought of that....that would rock :tup:

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Zombies still showing up for Sunday service kinda creeped me out :lol:

Although I've been there a few weekends and probably looked worse....

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 03:27 PM
I'm drawing a blank right now...what's the chick's name that was stuck in the RV and had to screwdriver that zombie?

I wish she'd die, she is annoying me more and more :|

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Can't remember but I sure like her body...Blondie I think it is :face:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Since the time her sister zombiefied last season and she had to re-kill her, she's become the white Tara....oh poor me :|

:beatdown:

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 03:38 PM
I liked her speech to the old guy who took her gun...I happen to believe in the same philosophy.Choice between getting ripped to shreds by flesh eating zombies or bullet to the head? Pass the gun please.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 03:40 PM
She only wants to take that way put because she's feeling sorry for herself :nono:

FFS, like everyone else's life is just rainbows and ponies :lol:

Joebob034
10-19-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm drawing a blank right now...what's the chick's name that was stuck in the RV and had to screwdriver that zombie?

I wish she'd die, she is annoying me more and more :|

Andrea? I think

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Andrea? I think

And I thought for sure she was gonna be zombie food last night :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Okay, one little thing I found irritating last night (and it's not exclusive to this show)...one of the big plots features last night was them having to go to the school where the FEMA facility was set-up to try and get medical supplies. They don't encounter any walkers anywhere until they get to the school and suddenly there's a whole herd of them. Why would they all be hanging out at the school when there is no food there anymore?

:rolleyes:

Nice and convenient to cause problems in getting the supplies.

Joebob034
10-24-2011, 03:43 PM
maybe they stick around the last place they found any food

Godfather
10-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Decent episode... kind of seemed a bit like a filler though. One hour is never enough, I think I want to try and not watch the season, then enjoy one big awesome sitting :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Not every episode can be non-stop action :nono:

Godfather
10-24-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm cool with that, I'm just impatient and want a new episode every day :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2011, 07:44 PM
I hear ya, but the problem with that is (if you wait to watch a season all at once) then you are even more disappointed when there's nothing left for almost a full year. At least having it dragged out weekly is more fulfilling as it gives you something to look forward to (for me at least)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2011, 07:45 PM
I still wish they would kill off whiny Andrea FFS :x

Godfather
10-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Her character is really different from what I expected :-k I hate her in the show :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2011, 10:22 PM
I hate her too...all she does is whine and complain :x

I'd give her back her gun that she wants so bad....bullets first :x

Hal-9000
10-25-2011, 05:52 PM
I liked the recent episode.Anyone notice how fast those zombies started moving at the school? :rolleyes:

Otis, the guy shot Carl is the same actor who has the wobbly, shaky eyes in other shows.No wonder her nailed lil Carl by mistake :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-25-2011, 05:54 PM
I liked the recent episode.Anyone notice how fast those zombies started moving at the school? :rolleyes:

Otis, the guy shot Carl is the same actor who has the wobbly, shaky eyes in other shows.No wonder her nailed lil Carl by mistake :lol:

And that scene goes against everything they said about the zombies when they were making this series. The producers are liars :|

I know that guy from 2 shows, he was the creepy police IA official on the Mentalist, and he was the drunk prospector on Deadwood...he's such a great character actor

Hal-9000
10-25-2011, 06:17 PM
He's been in a whole bunch of movies....in one he was killer and those eyes were just a' bouncin :lol:

I really liked the scene when the doc was fishing out the shrapnel, while the little guy was screaming and moving around.Tough to watch but fairly accurate.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Oh I know he's been in a bunch of things, but those are the only two I know for sure the character he played :lol:

Yup, that was a really good scene, that kid's a good actor, he really sounded like he was in agony.

Hal-9000
10-25-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm really starting to warm up to the redneck guy with the crossbow (Boondock Saints guy)...he walks by that one zombie on the ground, hardly looks at him and then shoots the arrow through his head...."Ahhh shut up"

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Yeah, he has done a complete 180 from when he was first introduced last season

Did you notice that when he was going thru his stash of drugs what color the meth was in the bag? ;)

Joebob034
10-25-2011, 06:45 PM
http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2011/10/amc-renews-the-walking-dead.php

Hal-9000
10-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Yeah, he has done a complete 180 from when he was first introduced last season

Did you notice that when he was going thru his stash of drugs what color the meth was in the bag? ;)

Yeah I did catch that..

Teh One Who Knocks
10-25-2011, 07:39 PM

There was never any doubt

Yeah I did catch that..

I wonder if Walt and Jesse survived the zombie apocalypse :sad2:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Zombies rule: AMC has just renewed The Walking Dead for a third season.

The decision comes after only two episodes have aired of season two, but it’s still no surprise — the show’s premiere had more adults 18-49 than any other drama in basic cable history. (And for once, AMC has managed to renew a show without a protracted hand-wringing negotiation!).

Ratings for Sunday’s second episode: 6.7 million total viewers, 4.5 million adults 18-49. Including repeats, the full count climbs to 8.8 million viewers. That’s down 8 percent from the premiere (and down 20 percent if you include the repeats), but hell, at these levels TWD can still give viewers away like Halloween candy.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-25-2011, 09:00 PM

Zombies rule: AMC has just renewed The Walking Dead for a third season.

The decision comes after only two episodes have aired of season two, but it’s still no surprise — the show’s premiere had more adults 18-49 than any other drama in basic cable history. (And for once, AMC has managed to renew a show without a protracted hand-wringing negotiation!).

Ratings for Sunday’s second episode: 6.7 million total viewers, 4.5 million adults 18-49. Including repeats, the full count climbs to 8.8 million viewers. That’s down 8 percent from the premiere (and down 20 percent if you include the repeats), but hell, at these levels TWD can still give viewers away like Halloween candy.

:facepalm:

Hal-9000
10-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Maybe PCS could give us a little insight as to what the show is about? :-s

:dance: :lol: I love Mr Repost, helps my Alzheimer's

DemonGeminiX
10-31-2011, 04:30 AM
Man, what a prick.

Joebob034
10-31-2011, 05:40 AM
finally someone died :woot:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 10:48 AM
Man, what a prick.

No kidding....I didn't really see that one coming

JoeyB
10-31-2011, 08:27 PM
No kidding....I didn't really see that one coming

Really? Because I was entirely frustrated with how telegraphed it was, I can't believe anyone didn't see that coming.

Just like in Breaking Bad, (vague to be friendly) when the guy stepped out after that thing happened, it was obvious what was going on in the 'other half' (see! safe for all to read).

Both things were so obvious that it made the actual moment it happened rather...not shocking. Look, either I'm just incredibly in sync with what the show is doing, or, more likely, it's being done with a little lack of subtlety.

And that frustrates me.

DemonGeminiX
10-31-2011, 09:37 PM
I knew Shane's moral compass was a bit off when he was sleeping with his partner's wife, but I didn't think it was that off. I mean, yeah the world has changed and you have to adjust to survive, but damn man, Otis was trying to do right by the boy and Shane served him up like a lunchlady at a buffet line.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 09:56 PM
Really? Because I was entirely frustrated with how telegraphed it was, I can't believe anyone didn't see that coming.

Just like in Breaking Bad, (vague to be friendly) when the guy stepped out after that thing happened, it was obvious what was going on in the 'other half' (see! safe for all to read).

Both things were so obvious that it made the actual moment it happened rather...not shocking. Look, either I'm just incredibly in sync with what the show is doing, or, more likely, it's being done with a little lack of subtlety.

And that frustrates me.

I knew Shane's moral compass was a bit off when he was sleeping with his partner's wife, but I didn't think it was that off. I mean, yeah the world has changed and you have to adjust to survive, but damn man, Otis was trying to do right by the boy and Shane served him up like a lunchlady at a buffet line.

Exactly...it was obvious that something happened out there, but not cold blooded pre-meditated murder. That was just stone cold evil.

JoeyB
10-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Exactly...it was obvious that something happened out there, but not cold blooded pre-meditated murder. That was just stone cold evil.

To use your own argument against you though, you said in the Breaking Bad thread that Walter wasn't evil because he was killing to look out for himself and his family.

By that definition, neither is this guy. He killed to save his own ass and get the medicine to the kid. He DID stop to rip that shit off the dude, when he could have just ran away straight out.

I still say Walter is evil, evil, evil. Shane did something in the heat of the moment that was flat out evil, but is he, is he actually evil??? Time will tell.

And I'm still pissed they made it all so obvious!

Godfather
11-01-2011, 05:29 AM
Very cool they're going a COMPLETELY different direction than the books... I'm left guessing. Very good episode.

All the same, if they wanted to just invent their own everything, change characters, add new ones, make up story arks... why didn't they just create an original series :-k I know it's a tired nerd complaint.

What I expected was (big spoiler).... Otis to live for a while. He is supposed to become a rapist who Rick catches and then pummels the shit out of, disfiguring his hand in the process. And Shane is already supposed to be dead for being an evil SOB :lol:

Hal-9000
11-01-2011, 05:12 PM

What bothered me most about that scene was the why...Shane hobbled Otis and then just ran off (I assume to the vehicle). Why couldn't they both make it without the dramatic bullet count, useless shots fired and discussion?

Unless Shane had to offer up a sacrifice to ensure his getaway.Didn't seem that way to me tho.

Joebob034
11-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Unless Shane had to offer up a sacrifice to ensure his getaway.Didn't seem that way to me tho.

I think that's why he did it

Hal-9000
11-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I think that's why he did it

I kinda got that part but what I'm saying is that the scene played out like they both could of made it...without the human shield bit

Teh One Who Knocks
11-01-2011, 07:33 PM
I kinda got that part but what I'm saying is that the scene played out like they both could of made it...without the human shield bit

I dunno, they were both a bit lame and couldn't move very fast and the zombie horde did seem to be gaining on them :-k

Hal-9000
11-01-2011, 08:46 PM
I dunno, they were both a bit lame and couldn't move very fast and the zombie horde did seem to be gaining on them :-k

I guess the scene played into a pet peeve of mine for TV and movies.They have time to have a discussion or a meaningful exchange of glances....and then all of a sudden time's out!!!! :lol:

Pet peeve, subsection B - Someone is walking on a tightrope lit on fire with rockets being shot at them and another character says about halfway --- Be careful Jim!

it kills me :lol:

JoeyB
11-01-2011, 10:00 PM
What bothered me most about that scene was the why...Shane hobbled Otis and then just ran off (I assume to the vehicle). Why couldn't they both make it without the dramatic bullet count, useless shots fired and discussion?

Well the premise was that Shane made the 'sacrifice' in order to guarantee his own getaway.

But, you hit upon part of my problem...all the talk about exact numbers of bullets, the hobbled running, the fast moving zombies...while to some degree necessary to frame the impending action with some pretext to defend it, still made his shooting the other guy completely obvious before it happened and in a way ruined the 'surprise' for me.

OH, but one thing is massively unclear...can someone please help me with this? I forget his name, but the older guy who drives the Winnebago, why did he crawl down off the roof and walk off the road a bit? What did I miss there?

Hal-9000
11-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Well the premise was that Shane made the 'sacrifice' in order to guarantee his own getaway.

But, you hit upon part of my problem...all the talk about exact numbers of bullets, the hobbled running, the fast moving zombies...while to some degree necessary to frame the impending action with some pretext to defend it, still made his shooting the other guy completely obvious before it happened and in a way ruined the 'surprise' for me.

OH, but one thing is massively unclear...can someone please help me with this? I forget his name, but the older guy who drives the Winnebago, why did he crawl down off the roof and walk off the road a bit? What did I miss there?

I guess we didn't see the whole premise with Shane.It appeared to me they both had time to get away but we couldn't see the geography they were up against.That whole school scene was great until the final moments IMO.

I can't recall old guy's name either and was wondering the same....wtf did he go after?

JoeyB
11-01-2011, 10:20 PM
I can't recall old guy's name either and was wondering the same....wtf did he go after?

Maybe that was a 'set up' for a future episode?

DemonGeminiX
11-01-2011, 10:28 PM

I dunno. It didn't look like the zombies were gaining that much, but they were keeping pace. However, how quickly could two lame guys with a lack of ammo get into a car and get away before being surrounded?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-01-2011, 10:32 PM
I dunno. It didn't look like the zombies were gaining that much, but they were keeping pace. However, how quickly could two lame guys with a lack of ammo get into a car and get away before being surrounded?

Ooooo....I like word problems :)

Do I have to show my work? :-k

DemonGeminiX
11-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Ooooo....I like word problems :)

Do I have to show my work? :-k

:nono:

You won't get any credit unless you do.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Partial credit? :-s

DemonGeminiX
11-01-2011, 10:38 PM
No partial credit and there's no curve either.

[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
11-01-2011, 10:40 PM
:x

DemonGeminiX
11-01-2011, 10:42 PM

You're just gonna have to study harder or repeat the class if you fail. And I'm the only teacher teaching it.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-01-2011, 10:53 PM
I'll just transfer [-(

Hal-9000
11-01-2011, 11:19 PM

It's such a pivotal scene for Shane's character, he's already showing signs of becoming screwed up by his actions.Maybe that's why I'm nitpicking it.If it was just another zombie shootfest, I'd probably be a little more forgiving and just go with it.The actor playing Shane did a wonderful job when he first got back and tried to tell his buddy what happened :thumbsup:

On the one hand, the entire world has changed so decisions as to stay alive or pack it in are common place now.On the other hand you need to retain part of your human integrity if you're to continue on the species.

Joebob034
11-02-2011, 03:32 PM

I dunno why any of them walked off into the woods at night anyway. Seemed like a pretty stupid idea to me. His name's Dale BTW.

Godfather
11-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I dunno why any of them walked off into the woods at night anyway. Seemed like a pretty stupid idea to me. His name's Dale BTW.

Yeah that baffled me... zombies don't hunt with their eyes, you'd be giving them the total upper hand in a dark forest.

DemonGeminiX
11-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I'll just transfer [-(

No one else will accept you as a student.

:hand:

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 06:30 PM

Yeah good point, he walks off alone and at night and doesn't say where he's going or why.......durrrrhhhhh

Teh One Who Knocks
11-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Maybe he had to pee :-s

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah that baffled me... zombies don't hunt with their eyes, you'd be giving them the total upper hand in a dark forest.

On this show they seem to be attracted by noise, not smell.

WAIT...on an earlier show when they met the Asian dude in the city they covered themselves in gore to mask the smell didn't they? How come the zombie herd on the highway just walked by all of them under the cars?

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Maybe he had to pee :-s

I would have peed off of the Winnebago, onto the zombies below :face:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-02-2011, 06:44 PM

WAIT...on an earlier show when they met the Asian dude in the city they covered themselves in gore to mask the smell didn't they? How come the zombie herd on the highway just walked by all of them under the cars?

Maybe it's a little of both (noise and smell)? If you are close enough they can smell the difference (that's why they had to "gore up" in the city, but among all the cars, there were probably lots of smells there already so they didn't need to mask their scent? :-k

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 06:46 PM
the gore thing was a ruse...he just had a weird fetish :hand:

JoeyB
11-02-2011, 08:20 PM

The show has been fairly consistent actually, bear with me:

Women on periods would be fucked, same reason they have to be careful around wild animals.

Remember when the black guy slit his wrist? The zombies smelled the fresh blood, same reason they were attracted to the guy who was shot in the leg, same reason they converge heavily on someone being eaten. Daryl covered both of them with a corpse, because death does not become the undead.

And last season, the reason they gored themselves up was so that they could move WITHIN the zombie crowds, remember? Clearly, fresh blood is a massive attractant, with live tissue a minor one. The zombies can smell the living, but not with nearly as great accuracy as blood itself. So, I think being under the cars, with presumably a heavy odor of death overhead, and the fumes and smells of the cars, and the cars themselves as a sort of shield, combined with the fact that they were not moving and dispersing their scent was camouflage enough. Now, walking amongst the dead negates those benefits, hence the earlier season's more gory cover up.

Sounds clearly attract them, dropped gun parts, explosions, even yelling. Zombies equate sounds with activity. (which begs the question, why was there not a massive zombie hoard around that automatic clanging church bell? The only undead on sight were ones who appeared to have been in the church when they went zombie).

And, they do hunt by sight as well. Remember, the zombies look at their prey...I suspect though that scent and sound play a higher role in their hunting capabilities however, as zombies seem to need to look for a bit to register what is it they are seeing. Like many animals...movement is easier for them to observe, while objects holding still are painfully difficult to detect. This is actually a fact...most predator animals have a hard time distinguishing between objects that are not moving, but have extraordinary ability to track moving things. Humans on the other hand tend to process still data quite well, and though we do track moving objects well, not with the power many animals possess. The zombieism seems to make them more like predators and so their senses adjust accordingly.

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 09:36 PM
the Marlon Perkins of zombiedom ^^ :thumbsup:

JoeyB
11-02-2011, 10:47 PM
the Marlon Perkins of zombiedom ^^ :thumbsup:

Wow, there's a name I haven't heard in decades~!!

In all seriousness, I do try when I answer you.

DemonGeminiX
11-07-2011, 05:16 AM
Glenn got his groove on with Maggie (she's kinda hot... and the actress was born in Philly and raised in NJ!!! :dance: ), Shane just about confessed to killing Otis to Andrea with his diatribe about split decisions, they still haven't found Sophia, Hershel's hiding something (and I think I know what it is), and Lori's knocked up (probably Shane's).

Teh One Who Knocks
11-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Helllllllooooooo farmer's daughter :lol:

Yeah, it's kinda cliched to have her be pregnant and you just know it's gonna be Shane's....kinda disappointed by that little plot line TBH :|

What do you think Herschel is hiding? Zombies? :-k If he's really hiding something bad, he's not being very forceful about having the group leave his propoerty. He basically backed off that demand by the end of the episode so long as the group abides by his rules. :-k

Best grossout scene of the night (really the only one this episode): when they were hauling the big water logged zombie outta the well and it tore in half. Gore-tastic :lol:

Joebob034
11-07-2011, 07:15 PM
If you watched the scenes for next week they give away that Merle is back and I bet he's got Sophie with him, what a spoiler that was. And I can give a huge spoiler as to what Herschel is hiding cuz I read the comics but I won't since I'm a nice guy.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-07-2011, 07:16 PM
:lala:

I hate spoilers for upcoming episodes :x

Joebob034
11-07-2011, 07:18 PM
:lala:

I hate spoilers for upcoming episodes :x

yeah I wished I hadn't watched those

DemonGeminiX
11-07-2011, 07:21 PM
If you watched the scenes for next week they give away that Merle is back and I bet he's got Sophie with him, what a spoiler that was. And I can give a huge spoiler as to what Herschel is hiding cuz I read the comics but I won't since I'm a nice guy.

Maybe, maybe not. Daryl had that accident in the previews, so he might be in really bad shape. Merle could be a hallucination or memory of some kind. They are brothers, Daryl would have some memories of Merle.

I know what the comics say Hershel's hiding too, but the tv show has taken a slight turn from what the comics have done, so it could be different.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Someone PM me when you guys are done trying to ruin next weeks episode :|

That way, you know, we can talk about the actual episode that just aired? :|

Joebob034
11-07-2011, 07:27 PM
|

pic of my peen?

DemonGeminiX
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM

That way, you know, we can talk about the actual episode that just aired? :|

We're speculating about the preview.

It's allowed.

Hal-9000
11-08-2011, 03:57 PM
I liked the recent one.....little Glen getting his freak on with the hot farm girl in the drugstore :dance:

that whole scene was great :lol:

You getting condoms? Don't you like me?

JoeyB
11-08-2011, 09:09 PM
I liked the recent one.....little Glen getting his freak on with the hot farm girl in the drugstore :dance:

that whole scene was great :lol:

You getting condoms? Don't you like me?

It's funny because I am watching these episodes when they are fairly new, but also a second time 'on demand' with my Mother. We just watched episode three together last night, and I noticed Glen and that farm girl had some little moments that I did not pay much attention to the first time. She kept looking him over and being close to him, and he was very odd and inarticulate around her.

So I guess she had her eyes on him from the get go. But, having seen the "Glen bangs the hot farm girl" episode before rewatching the earlier one, it did surprise me when she went topless.

I'm starting to sense that this entire season is going to be at the farm. Kind of disappointed with that to be honest.

Hal-9000
11-08-2011, 09:57 PM
I like the farm idea....a bastion of sorts.The old feller seems to have some ideas on who can stay and go though.I say, go all Lord of the Flies on his ass and take it!

*btw, I believe the hot farm girl is British or Aussie and does a good job hiding her accent.

JoeyB
11-08-2011, 10:06 PM
I like the farm idea....a bastion of sorts.The old feller seems to have some ideas on who can stay and go though.I say, go all Lord of the Flies on his ass and take it!

*btw, I believe the hot farm girl is British or Aussie and does a good job hiding her accent.

Andrew Lincoln, the main actor, is British. They are amongst us...

I thought Andrew was really good in "Love Actually"...he was the lovestruck fella obsessed with his best friends new wife (Kiera Knightly).

Hal-9000
11-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Yes I read that as well.I think the boobs girl is British too..

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2011, 10:29 PM

The Farm? :shock:

http://i.imgur.com/So5s1.jpg

Hal-9000
11-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Holy specific flashback :shock:

They took her ovary those bastards :x

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Do you like the farm idea now? [-(

Hal-9000
11-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Yes, if they kill every being that once inhabited it :)

*including well-people

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2011, 10:45 PM
It's well-person....there was only one person in the well :nono:

Hal-9000
11-08-2011, 10:57 PM
There were 5 wells, you don't know that.

and quit being so damned contradictory or I may ask you out on a date ffs!!!! :x

8-[

DemonGeminiX
11-08-2011, 11:12 PM

I believe she's a dual citizen. She was born in Philadelphia and spent an early chunk of her childhood in NJ before going over and growing up in the UK.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Born in Philly? :shock:

Well, at least we know why she plays a cheap slut on the show... :sad2:

DemonGeminiX
11-08-2011, 11:34 PM
:nutkick:

[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 12:04 AM
:dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 12:04 AM
So, do you think that place in the closet in that abandoned house that Daryl found is where Sophia has been sleeping/hiding? :-k

JoeyB
11-09-2011, 12:10 AM
So, do you think that place in the closet in that abandoned house that Daryl found is where Sophia has been sleeping/hiding? :-k

I'm starting to wonder if the missing kid thing is going to be the plot for the whole season.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm starting to wonder if the missing kid thing is going to be the plot for the whole season.

I hope not, that plot line is already getting old. :|

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 12:13 AM

I wondered why he didn't mention that to Sophia's Mom? Or anyone??

Seemed obvious to me that a human was living there.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 12:28 AM
I wondered why he didn't mention that to Sophia's Mom? Or anyone??

Seemed obvious to me that a human was living there.

I thought the same thing. Unless he didn't wanna give her mother some false hope that Sophia may still be alive? In case that wasn't Sophia's hidey hole or something. Daryl does seem very dedicated to finding her.

Yt Trash
11-09-2011, 12:45 AM
I think there's something that the farmer and daughter are not telling everyone. they have a secret that they're not ready to share yet. Anyone else catch that in the latest episode?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 01:05 AM
I think DGX mentioned it a page or two back...

I thought the same when the farmer first made the demand that they all leave the farm, but then he said at the end of the episode that they could say if they followed his rules.

So I can't see it being a HUGE secret if he is considering letting them stay :-k

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 01:27 AM
He also cryptically said that others have tried to stay with them, but we didn't allow them...

?

Our group of heroes have way more gunpower and could take that farm in a heartbeat.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 01:30 AM
You're living in a post-apocalyptic zombie infected world and you don't want guns being carried on your property :-k

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Yep that struck me as very weird.I'm a pacifist ffs and I'd be sleeping with the ol shotgun tied to my big toe scenario :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 01:45 AM
Maybe they are the ones that have Sophia? :-k

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 01:48 AM
:shock: ooo

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Okay, we must discuss the weepy portion.

So it looks like Laurie and Rick are going to have Shane's baby....discuss

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 01:52 AM
I was just thinking that (unless she was dead) Sophia has lived in the zombie world long enough and she doesn't seem to be a stupid kid. After 3 days of searching I find it odd that there is no sign of her anywhere.

Now, this farm may seem nice on the outside, but both YT and DGX feel like they are hiding something...and maybe that something happens to be Sophia. Food for thought....

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 01:53 AM
Okay, we must discuss the weepy portion.

So it looks like Laurie and Rick are going to have Shane's baby....discuss

Too cliched....I hate that plot line already :|

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 01:54 AM
I was just thinking that (unless she was dead) Sophia has lived in the zombie world long enough and she doesn't seem to be a stupid kid. After 3 days of searching I find it odd that there is no sign of her anywhere.

Now, this farm may seem nice on the outside, but both YT and DGX feel like they are hiding something...and maybe that something happens to be Sophia. Food for thought....

Maybe nice old Zeb and Clara are eating people! :shock:

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Too cliched....I hate that plot line already :|

Shane will shoot Laurie in the leg

Yt Trash
11-09-2011, 02:00 AM
Born in Philly? :shock:

Well, at least we know why she plays a cheap slut on the show... :sad2:

Is this a Jersey Shore reference?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 02:05 AM
Shane will shoot Laurie in the leg

:shakehead:

Is this a Jersey Shore reference?

Nope, a crackback on Philly :lol:

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 02:06 AM
and DEEGEE-EX

Yt Trash
11-09-2011, 02:10 AM
:shakehead:

Nope, a crackback on Philly :lol:

Well she did spend some time in Jersey! :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 02:11 AM
and DEEGEE-EX

:shifty:

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 02:17 AM
sounds like a new video game..

DEEGEE-EX -The Snooki first person shooter featuring Guido upgrades to give the user a true role playing experience along with heart pounding body part explosions and blood :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 02:23 AM
:bwaha:

DemonGeminiX
11-09-2011, 02:32 AM
If I was a vindictive man, I'd ruin the next few episodes for you.

[-(

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 02:35 AM
hal = the Walking Dead

:lol: I'm outta here

JoeyB
11-09-2011, 05:56 AM

Maybe nice old Zeb and Clara are eating people! :shock:

Hal, shit, maybe we are the same person...I had the same 'gut' reaction.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 03:16 PM
I just saw on an entertainment site that we only have 3 more episodes left and then the show goes on a 3 month break before it comes back to finish the season :|

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 04:52 PM
I miss the old days of Lost....22 episode seasons mofo's! :x

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 05:09 PM
24 did the same thing....they waited until January to start the season and ran all 24 episodes in 24 straight weeks

Now every stupid network seems to break up the seasons :|

Except HBO and Showtime, I don't think they have ever done it :-k

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 05:55 PM
When I download seasons of TV I noticed most changed right around the time of the writer's strike...first few seasons had 16-22 eps, then bam...13 ep seasons with long breaks throughout.Primarily regular network shows, not cable.

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 06:34 PM
they are among us..

http://i.imgur.com/KLWMd.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 06:38 PM
:hills:

DemonGeminiX
11-09-2011, 07:37 PM
I just saw on an entertainment site that we only have 3 more episodes left and then the show goes on a 3 month break before it comes back to finish the season :|

Most shows do that nowadays.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Most shows do that nowadays.

Shows that have more than 20 episodes in a season, TWD has only 13, there's no reason to have a 3 month break in the middle of the season [-(

DemonGeminiX
11-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Shows that have more than 20 episodes in a season, TWD has only 13, there's no reason to have a 3 month break in the middle of the season [-(

Obviously, the show's brass doesn't agree with you.

:nana:

JoeyB
11-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Obviously, the show's brass doesn't agree with you.

:nana:

Actually, this is more a network decision.

DemonGeminiX
11-10-2011, 01:38 AM
No it isn't. Shut up.

:slap:

8-[

:coat:

Goofy
11-11-2011, 11:06 AM
The latest episode was a bit 'meh' tbh....... not enough zombie action :| Leave the feckin' farmhouse and head off to a big city ffs :x

JoeyB
11-11-2011, 09:17 PM
No it isn't. Shut up.

8-[

:coat:

.... ...

Leave the feckin' farmhouse and head off to a big city ffs :x

Well, I said before I'm worried that the farm is going to be the whole season...BUT, they keep showing previews of a scene where multiple helicopters are flying into a city, so, who knows?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2011, 10:09 PM
The latest episode was a bit 'meh' tbh....... not enough zombie action :| Leave the feckin' farmhouse and head off to a big city ffs :x

Well, I said before I'm worried that the farm is going to be the whole season...BUT, they keep showing previews of a scene where multiple helicopters are flying into a city, so, who knows?

A website that does recaps of TWD that I read after each episode is lamenting the fact that show is getting boring and they are hoping the group leaves the farm too

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 10:24 PM
.... ...

HEY! It's ok to talk about current episodes or say something like - Next week's show looks good!

BUT NO SPOILERS YOU BLUE TESTE SUCKING BASTID! :x

DemonGeminiX
11-11-2011, 10:44 PM
.... ...

Don't .... ... me, mister. That was funny.

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 10:46 PM
:tumble:

DemonGeminiX
11-11-2011, 10:48 PM
:nutkick:

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 10:52 PM
:cheerlead:

I got groinal contact and it's the weekend, Woot!

DemonGeminiX
11-11-2011, 10:53 PM
:fire:

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 11:13 PM
wtf..do you mods have a hal-folder of smileys or something?

get some new material :x

DemonGeminiX
11-11-2011, 11:28 PM
:-s

How's this for new?

:beatdown:

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Jay?

I have over 20000 posts, he has less than 8000.Call your noob dog off ok, I don't have to really listen to him do I?

:lol: :dance:

DemonGeminiX
11-11-2011, 11:34 PM
:overkill:

JoeyB
11-11-2011, 11:37 PM
A website that does recaps of TWD that I read after each episode is lamenting the fact that show is getting boring and they are hoping the group leaves the farm too

It is boring...it's turning into a slow paced talk fest...and fuck knows that pregnancy is always the hallmark of a desperate and creatively void writing and production team, so that blows as well. Obviously, part of this is economics, they can't 'go big' all the time. But fucking a...don't let it turn into a soap opera...'All My Zombies' or 'Undead Of Our Lives'.

HEY! It's ok to talk about current episodes or say something like - Next week's show looks good!

It says beware of spoilers in the title! Besides, I'm discussing something they show endlessly in commercials on AMC...how much of a spoiler could that be??? Are you really upset????

Don't .... ... me, mister. That was funny.

I know, I responded to you out of respect.

DemonGeminiX
11-11-2011, 11:39 PM

You guys want spoilers?

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 11:48 PM
It is boring...it's turning into a slow paced talk fest...and fuck knows that pregnancy is always the hallmark of a desperate and creatively void writing and production team, so that blows as well. Obviously, part of this is economics, they can't 'go big' all the time. But fucking a...don't let it turn into a soap opera...'All My Zombies' or 'Undead Of Our Lives'.

It says beware of spoilers in the title! Besides, I'm discussing something they show endlessly in commercials on AMC...how much of a spoiler could that be??? Are you really upset????

I know, I responded to you out of respect.

I'm not upset no.But recently another member was upset because we said that next week's show would be good.What you've done here is worse.The current plot is on the farm and you mention previews that clearly imply that will change...ergo....spoiler.

Can't really be that hard for you to grasp, is it? You've given away a future plot development from a show that has not aired yet.

btw - when it says beware of spoilers in the title, that means discussion will ensue about the recent episode aired...again, not a huge leap to figure that one out.

DemonGeminiX
11-11-2011, 11:52 PM
He can't help what they show in the previews. Discussing the previews are legal here.

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 11:56 PM
He can't help what they show in the previews. Discussing the previews are legal here.

OH REALLY? :lol:

If you get Lance's agreement on this, I'll start adding to the discussion in that fashion.....

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm not upset no.But recently another member was upset because we said that next week's show would be good.What you've done here is worse.The current plot is on the farm and you mention previews that clearly imply that will change...ergo....spoiler.

Can't really be that hard for you to grasp, is it? You've given away a future plot development from a show that has not aired yet.

btw - when it says beware of spoilers in the title, that means discussion will ensue about the recent episode aired...again, not a huge leap to figure that one out.

Wow, sorry...I truly never thought mentioning the contents of a commercial that they air constantly on AMC before, during, and after the show would be a problem. Honest mistake dude. I just assumed everyone would have seen it, they even show it during the ON DEMAND viewings.

DemonGeminiX
11-12-2011, 12:03 AM
OH REALLY? :lol:

If you get Lance's agreement on this, I'll start adding to the discussion in that fashion.....

Yes, if it was shown, then it can be discussed. Part of discussing something involves speculating what might happen in the future. If they're showing future scenes then we can speculate as to what they mean.

It's not the same as me telling you what's already happened in the comic book.

Hal-9000
11-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Wow, sorry...I truly never thought mentioning the contents of a commercial that they air constantly on AMC before, during, and after the show would be a problem. Honest mistake dude. I just assumed everyone would have seen it, they even show it during the ON DEMAND viewings.

Yes, if it was shown, then it can be discussed. Part of discussing something involves speculating what might happen in the future. If they're showing future scenes then we can speculate as to what they mean.

I am only following the administrator's lead on this subject gentlemen, which I happen to agree with.Discuss the show, not what the next week's spoiler reveals.

case in point - Dexter's next week preview contains at least two developments that will be...."........" to not use a phrase.If I brought them up, fans that haven't seen the preview may get upset.

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 12:20 AM

I'm kind of stunned here and I never meant to start shit...they show that commercial all the time and I never even thought of it as a spoiler.

Mea culpa though, I'll try to be more selective about what I discuss in the future.

Let's not have this become a shitstorm.

Hal-9000
11-12-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm kind of stunned here and I never meant to start shit...they show that commercial all the time and I never even thought of it as a spoiler.

Mea culpa though, I'll try to be more selective about what I discuss in the future.

Let's not have this become a shitstorm.

Ya keep on saying wow and are you really mad and you're kinda stunned....there was no shitstorm.But if you keep acting incredulous and making it a big deal, it will be a big deal ffs :lol:

I won't speak for Lance, but maybe just read my first post....understand that discussing next week is kinda shitty for some.....and.....move.....on.

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Ya keep on saying wow and are you really mad and you're kinda stunned....there was no shitstorm.But if you keep acting incredulous and making it a big deal, it will be a big deal ffs :lol:

I won't speak for Lance, but maybe just read my first post....understand that discussing next week is kinda shitty for some.....and.....move.....on.

I am stunned, but not mad, at all.

Yt Trash
11-12-2011, 12:14 PM

oh ffs. What's the point, let's talk about this and not about that....boo hoo. I'm out.

Goofy
11-12-2011, 12:48 PM

You seem to be forgetting that some of the show's viewers stay in foreign countries (i.e. me) and don't have the channel AMC so have never seen the preview featuring the helicopters.......... so thanks for that

Hal-9000
11-12-2011, 07:17 PM
oh ffs. What's the point, let's talk about this and not about that....boo hoo. I'm out.

If a show like Dexter reveals something for instance in a next week preview ..I'll use a fiction - "Deb Morgan dies at the hand of a rival serial killer", do you really think that it's a "boo hoo" situation if you read it before getting a chance to watch?

Lance took a shot at both you and I last week for saying considerably less than an actual plot development within the show.That bothered me a little because nothing was revealed and he got mad.Now Joey says his bit and Lance seems to be fine with that and I'm here all alone trying to defend a point that rankled the administrator of the site.

So ya, boo hoo outta here partner if you don't understand the crappiness of revealing next week's preview points to people.Some of us tune in to weekly shows to be surprised..

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 08:08 PM
You seem to be forgetting that some of the show's viewers stay in foreign countries (i.e. me) and don't have the channel AMC so have never seen the preview featuring the helicopters.......... so thanks for that

If a show like Dexter reveals something for instance in a next week preview ..I'll use a fiction - "Deb Morgan dies at the hand of a rival serial killer", do you really think that it's a "boo hoo" situation if you read it before getting a chance to watch?

Lance took a shot at both you and I last week for saying considerably less than an actual plot development within the show.That bothered me a little because nothing was revealed and he got mad.Now Joey says his bit and Lance seems to be fine with that and I'm here all alone trying to defend a point that rankled the administrator of the site.

So ya, boo hoo outta here partner if you don't understand the crappiness of revealing next week's preview points to people.Some of us tune in to weekly shows to be surprised..

I said I was sorry...I think anyone can see it was an honest mistake with absolutely no malice attached to it. Maybe we should just phase back into regular discussion now, aye? I will start to talk in italics if I have to people, you have been warned.

Yt Trash
11-13-2011, 02:52 AM
I'M not a writer for the show. Seeing a snip it in a commercial and speculating what's going to happen is hardly a spoiler in my opinion. But whatever, I won't lose sleep over it.

JoeyB
11-14-2011, 06:35 AM
COMMENTS ABOUT THE HELICOPTERS I MENTIONED FROM THE AD:
That scene was included in tonights episode, during the teaser, it was actually a flashback to the events prior to last season. So, apparently, those helicopters may not be a future plot point so much as a flashback.

SPECULATIVE STATEMENTS WARNING BASED ON TONIGHT'S EPISODE:
So here is what I think, based on the old dude's no gun rule, his earlier statements about this being a plague and expecting a cure, and that he has a barn full of walkers...

He is saving them, waiting for them to be cured. I'm not sure how he collects them but he is. I hope he's not feeding them!

On one hand...if they could be cured, a noble effort. On the other...wtf!

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2011, 11:55 AM

If you find the need to discuss things that haven't even happened yet, there are plenty of sites for that. I ask one little thing and you get all bent out of shape over it...now you know how I feel when I come into one of the TV show discussion threads and see fucking spoilers about shit that hasn't happened yet. Fine, see ya.

See, I can have a shitty attitude too.

Thanks Hal for trying to reiterate what I have asked. I have been avoiding this thread (and other TV show threads) because it has been pissing me off. I will never for the life of me understand why people like spoilers. Why watch the fucking show if you know what's gonna happen? I didn't say anything about Joey's comment about the choppers because at that point after making myself clear about not wanting spoilers, there they were again. It's like hitting myself in the head with a hammer. :| After awhile you just have to stop.

But Joey apologized and I appreciate that as he didn't know about my mini-rant from the Dexter thread (I thought I mentioned it in here, I was wrong). :oops:

And as for spoilers on upcoming episodes, I might as well just go to one of the many spoiler sites out there and I can post the plots and basic story lines (many of which get very detailed because I think some places get their hands on the actual scripts) for the show all the way through the finale. That way we can all save ourselves some time and not have to watch any of the shows, we can just quickly read about it here and then move on with everything else.

And to be clear, speculation about something in the future of a show based on what has already happened on the show or how the last episode progressed and ended is not a spoiler at all and I have no problem with that as I have done it too. But speculation on what's going to happen because you watched the previews for the next episode and you already know part of what's gonna happen, then that is the pure definition of a spoiler. Same with the people that were fans of the comic book and come in here and say things that have happened in the comic....that's a spoiler, even though the show doesn't exactly follow the comic. There are enough parallels where it brings spoilers into the game. I don't watch the previews for upcoming episodes, I don't read the websites that have spoilers about upcoming episodes, and I don't watch the ads for the upcoming episodes. Call me crazy, but I actually like to watch the show and enjoy it and be surprised about what happens next.

And as for the 'beware of spoilers' in the thread title, that is to warn people that there will be talk about episodes that have already aired and if you aren't current on the show, then you enter at your own risk. It does not mean that someone should expect discussion ruining the entire outcome of the upcoming episodes/season. That's why I avoid all these threads like the plague until I have caught up on any episodes I haven't seen.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2011, 11:56 AM
COMMENTS ABOUT THE HELICOPTERS I MENTIONED FROM THE AD:
That scene was included in tonights episode, during the teaser, it was actually a flashback to the events prior to last season. So, apparently, those helicopters may not be a future plot point so much as a flashback.

So here is what I think, based on the old dude's no gun rule, his earlier statements about this being a plague and expecting a cure, and that he has a barn full of walkers...

He is saving them, waiting for them to be cured. I'm not sure how he collects them but he is. I hope he's not feeding them!

No need to wrap spoiler tags around stuff that already happened :)

And again, thanks for the apology about the previous spoilers, it's appreciated :agreed:

Joebob034
11-14-2011, 05:03 PM
In the end, it's just a TV show.......

so how about Andrea being a stupid bitch.....again

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2011, 05:12 PM

I think we all knew something was up, but I guess I didn't expect a barn full of walkers :-k

Not sure yet if they are there for noble or nefarious reasons yet though...the old man is a hard one to figure out :-k

so how about Andrea being a stupid bitch.....again

She seriously needs to die...feed her to the walkers.

I knew it was Daryl and I knew she was going to shoot him. I'm actually surprised it was only a graze, I thought she was going to kill him, or hurt him way worse than he was.

Joebob034
11-14-2011, 05:18 PM
good thing she still doesn't know how to shoot

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2011, 05:20 PM
good thing she still doesn't know how to shoot

Plus what was it? A 300 yard shot or so? Why shoot at something that far out? She had no idea who or what it was at that distance.

Joebob034
11-14-2011, 05:24 PM
I dunno she keeps trying to prove herself which is funny considering she was gonna let herself die not to long ago.

Godfather
11-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Fuck Andrea man, can't stand that woman :lol: I think they need to shoot her....

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Fuck Andrea man, can't stand that woman :lol: I think they need to shoot her....

No kidding, eh? Like Joebob said, first she goes from wanting to off herself to trying to be a badass all of a sudden. I wouldn't let that whackjob anywhere near another gun ever again unless she was gonna put it in her mouth.

Godfather
11-14-2011, 06:47 PM
For sure... not sure who she thinks she is. Woman is seriously unstable. Meanwhile poor old Dale has been doing everything to help and continues to get shit on by her.

Novel vs. Show... avoid if it annoys you :P
Interesting deal with guns that the TV show has pointed out. In the Novel, even Rick's son is carrying a gun within about 10 issues. But as the show is going through... that's really fuggin' stupid. Everyone thinks "Zombies? Well, you need a gun." Wrong :lol:

JoeyB
11-14-2011, 08:41 PM
I think we all knew something was up, but I guess I didn't expect a barn full of walkers :-k

Not sure yet if they are there for noble or nefarious reasons yet though...the old man is a hard one to figure out :-k

She seriously needs to die...feed her to the walkers.

I knew it was Daryl and I knew she was going to shoot him. I'm actually surprised it was only a graze, I thought she was going to kill him, or hurt him way worse than he was.

I've been mulling over that barn full of walkers...given the old man's religious attitudes, plus the things I mentioned before, I think one of those walkers, or more than one of them, might be his family.

See...he already said he thinks this is a plague...he is a doctor...he must be thinking 'cure'.

As a man of religion, he must think their souls are still present.

That's what I'm figuring. Now, as to the metaphysical argument of souls...if the body was long dead, clearly, no soul. But, what of the freshly infected? Last season we watched Andrea's sister turn, there were moments she was both herself and not. When or if does the soul leave these things? Could the old man be right?

I kind of prefer the zombie model of the dead rising, and that being the source of zombieism. Infection is an odd plot point to me, always. And, given that these things are infectious, why the fuck does nobody on the walking dead ever do anything but walk around covered in zombie blood? Daryl seems to eat off the same knife he slices zombie ears with. And yet, nobody wanted to drink the zombie well water? What sort of precaution is this?

Two worrying things, her, and that whole pregnancy storyline.

Rick should have gone back and smacked her down after she shot Daryl. She was told not to fire...she is clearly a risk to the others. That sort of cavalier attitude is a danger to a survivalist group.

Hal-9000
11-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Hey Daryl? Definition of a bad day please?

:rofl:

ffs how could it get any worse? :lol:

I did like his hallucinations with Meryl...his comments were great.

C'mon boy kick off those high heels and get up this hill!!!

Joebob034
11-17-2011, 05:28 PM
I've been mulling over that barn full of walkers...given the old man's religious attitudes, plus the things I mentioned before, I think one of those walkers, or more than one of them, might be his family.

plus when they first got to the farm Herschel mentioned to Rick all the family members they 'lost'

Teh One Who Knocks
11-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Okay, let me speculate here about our friends in the barn. The old man seems pretty adamant on the no gun policy and I have yet to see any of the farm people with a weapon of their own. We saw probably a dozen, if not more, walkers in the barn at the end of the last episode. I would have to think (and this is only my thoughts on this) that those walkers in the barn are 'strays' that have wandered onto the farm. If all those walkers in the barn were residents of the farm prior to the apocalypse, I doubt a bunch of 'no gun having' people would have (a) been able to survive all the zombies that caused that many people to turn and then to (b) be able to herd them all up together into the barn.

My guess is they are just strays and that their purpose at this point is still a mystery. As mentioned prior, they could be there because the old man thinks a cure is possible, or they could be there for much more nefarious reasons.

:2cents:

Hal-9000
11-17-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm going to theorize using both Joey's and Lance's ideas...

perhaps his family members
perhaps he's going to experiment on them....

*guts says that they're relatives & friends

PorkChopSandwiches
11-17-2011, 07:24 PM

She is an idoit

JoeyB
11-17-2011, 08:58 PM
plus when they first got to the farm Herschel mentioned to Rick all the family members they 'lost'

Exactly.

I'm going to theorize using both Joey's and Lance's ideas...

perhaps his family members
perhaps he's going to experiment on them....

*guts says that they're relatives & friends

I think it's partly family and partly the walkers they haven't been killing, which clearly they haven't. And, cure is his goal, remember, he said he thinks this is a plague.

SPOILER BASED ON THE PREVIEW FOR THIS WEEKENDS EPISODE:
Dale is seen telling the old dude that 'these aren't people' after he is upset at them for killing a person. See...he really is trying to save and cure them.

The sad thing is they will almost certainly just make the old dude out to be a crazy fanatic, yet, the better route would be...what if he was right...what if these zombies could be cured?

spoiler if you have never seen 'The Last Man On Earth' or read "I Am Legend". Seriously, ignore if you haven't:
So, if they can be cured, all the humans are now revealed as mass murderers, ala I Am Legend and it's shock ending.

Hal-9000
11-18-2011, 02:21 AM
maybe the old guy you know...interferes with them at night when his wife is sleeping?

8-[

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2011, 03:00 AM
maybe the old guy you know...interferes with them at night when his wife is sleeping?

8-[

Hal-9000
11-18-2011, 03:02 AM
:x HEY! The world has gone to shit and normal rules don't apply.We can't judge :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2011, 03:13 AM
:x HEY! The world has gone to shit and normal rules don't apply.We can't judge :hand:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e105/CommentCrazyGirl/Smileys%20Action/Occupations/judge.gif

Hal-9000
11-18-2011, 03:14 AM
I guess we can now :face:

JoeyB
11-18-2011, 05:11 AM

8-[

You joke but...remember in the original Night Of The Living Dead, when all the rednecks are having fun tormenting the dead? I've always figured there was probably some 'squeal like a pig' areas set aside somewhere. And in "Fido", my favorite character was totally boning his cheerleader zombie. AS IF ANYONE WOULDN'T, am I right? Necro high five!

Hal-9000
11-18-2011, 10:05 PM
You joke but...remember in the original Night Of The Living Dead, when all the rednecks are having fun tormenting the dead? I've always figured there was probably some 'squeal like a pig' areas set aside somewhere. And in "Fido", my favorite character was totally boning his cheerleader zombie. AS IF ANYONE WOULDN'T, am I right? Necro high five!

Depends how much flesh was left on the chick's body.I'm not picky about orifices so I'm gonna say...65% rotting flesh left and I'll still bone them :thumbsup:

JoeyB
11-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Depends how much flesh was left on the chick's body.I'm not picky about orifices so I'm gonna say...65% rotting flesh left and I'll still bone them :thumbsup:

Three day rule Hal. Assuming they are properly stored of course. Three days in the sun or under water, very icky.

Hal-9000
11-18-2011, 11:57 PM
That hot farm girl was a little rude to Glen...he should of pushed her down in the place with the barn-zombies and watched the hijinks ensue

JoeyB
11-19-2011, 12:04 AM
That hot farm girl was a little rude to Glen...he should of pushed her down in the place with the barn-zombies and watched the hijinks ensue

Rude or not, you never kill hot girls.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-21-2011, 03:40 AM
Good episode tonight...tension tension everywhere

JoeyB
11-21-2011, 06:48 AM
Yeah but next week is the last one before the 'mid season break'...so they finally build a little tension and then whack it in the kneecap like Tonya Harding's ex.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah but next week is the last one before the 'mid season break'...so they finally build a little tension and then whack it in the kneecap like Tonya Harding's ex.

Trust me, I know...I absolutely HATE these mid-season breaks. Used to be you didn't have to worry about that so much on a cable show, but now you do. It's stupid :|

Joebob034
11-21-2011, 07:38 PM
So I guess my theory of what that guy at the CDC whispered in Rick's ear was wrong. I figured he told Rick that his wife was pregnant because of that blood test, but Rick seemed genuinely surprised to find out she was pregnant last night. I wonder if we'll ever find out?

Godfather
11-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Good episode tonight...tension tension everywhere

For sure.

Fuggin' Shane man. Don't like that guy. And him hooking up with Andrea is like the perfect storm of unstable survivors

Glad to see the boy is getting some firearms training :mrgreen:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-21-2011, 07:56 PM
So I guess my theory of what that guy at the CDC whispered in Rick's ear was wrong. I figured he told Rick that his wife was pregnant because of that blood test, but Rick seemed genuinely surprised to find out she was pregnant last night. I wonder if we'll ever find out?

They made a pretty big deal outta that scene, it has to be for something. I am hoping we find pout eventually

For sure.

Fuggin' Shane man. Don't like that guy. And him hooking up with Andrea is like the perfect storm of unstable survivors

Not only that, she disobeys orders to hold her fire, nearly kills Daryl in the process, so what do they do? Take her out for target practice? :-s

:facepalm:

And I also don't like the fact that suddenly from outta nowhere she goes from not being able to hit a moving target to becoming Wyatt Freaking Earp...yeah, that was believable :rolleyes:

JoeyB
11-21-2011, 09:23 PM
For sure.

I like Shane, as a character. He adds the same survival sensibilities that Daryl brings, which lends credibility to the fact that the group has actually survived so far. He adds dramatic tension because he is slipping down a slope of questionable moral choices. Also, he ties the group together in a way that keeps them strong from outside forces (through his keen killing ability), but also weakens them from the inside (by just being himself and making some trust him, some fear him).

Without Shane, you have 'the happy survivor group goes camping and everyone gets along and sings campfire songs'.

Andrea is just annoying. See, once again, women get shit parts. Nonetheless...Shane is a far more compelling character.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Without Shane, you have 'the happy survivor group goes camping and everyone gets along and sings campfire songs'.

http://i.imgur.com/9mNdv.gif

Joebob034
11-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Andrea is just annoying.

I'd bang the crap out of her though

JoeyB
11-21-2011, 11:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9mNdv.gif

But without Bill Murray as a camp counselor, that wouldst sucketh ass.

Agreed, with our without Bill Murray.

Joebob034
11-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Agreed, with our without Bill Murray.

I'd let him watch

JoeyB
11-22-2011, 12:04 AM

I'd let him watch

Let him? I'd record the running commentary he'd provide.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-22-2011, 12:22 AM

:puke:

Hal-9000
11-22-2011, 04:57 PM

Yep...

I don't know what all the hate is against Andrea....the world went to shit, her sister got turned into a zombie (while in the group) and then Andrea had to kill her.That would fuck anyone up.I like her character's attitude about life and death, she walks a fine line and I'm not sure I could be any stronger than that if it was me...

I don't like the old guy (Dale?) anymore.Every scene he's wide eyed with his mouth open...like his face is frozen :lol: He used to be cool earlier on, now he's just a grandma and annoying.I like Daryl more every episode :lol:, he rocks...

Crazy hot farm chick is just that, she needs to quit being so volatile and just bang the shit out of Glen every day.I hope they take the old guy's farm, he's annoying me too.

and we were right...relative zombies in the barn :thumbsup:

JoeyB
11-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Yep...

I don't know what all the hate is against Andrea....the world went to shit, her sister got turned into a zombie (while in the group) and then Andrea had to kill her.That would fuck anyone up.I like her character's attitude about life and death, she walks a fine line and I'm not sure I could be any stronger than that if it was me...

I don't like the old guy (Dale?) anymore.Every scene he's wide eyed with his mouth open...like his face is frozen :lol: He used to be cool earlier on, now he's just a grandma and annoying.I like Daryl more every episode :lol:, he rocks...

Crazy hot farm chick is just that, she needs to quit being so volatile and just bang the shit out of Glen every day.I hope they take the old guy's farm, he's annoying me too.

and we were right...relative zombies in the barn :thumbsup:

Daryl has always been a cool character, the actor who portrays him (Norman Reedus) is also always top notch. Norman has a minor reputation as a sort of poor man's Leonardo Dicaprio, or he used to anyway.

Hal-9000
11-22-2011, 10:55 PM
I recall him from Boondock Saints and liked him in that.In TWD, I thought at first he'd turn out like his brother Merle, obviously he's got some redeeming qualities :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Daryl has always been a cool character, the actor who portrays him (Norman Reedus) is also always top notch. Norman has a minor reputation as a sort of poor man's Leonardo Dicaprio, or he used to anyway.

:shock:

He does look a little like Leo now that you mentioned it

JoeyB
11-22-2011, 11:01 PM
I recall him from Boondock Saints and liked him in that.In TWD, I thought at first he'd turn out like his brother Merle, obviously he's got some redeeming qualities :thumbsup:

Daryl is an essential member of that group and if they kill him off I will be greatly disappointed.

Hal-9000
11-22-2011, 11:10 PM
what was his line...Next time you shoot me in the head you better makes sure I'm dead???

:rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-23-2011, 03:40 PM
So how much longer are they gonna drag out the 'Sophia Search' story line? :|

Hal-9000
11-23-2011, 04:12 PM
They'll find her...and she'll look .....

:zombie:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-23-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't think she's that tall :-k

Godfather
11-23-2011, 04:52 PM
So how much longer are they gonna drag out the 'Sophia Search' story line? :|

Yeah, it has been drawn out too long... I thought Daryl would trade his life for hers like 2-3 episodes ago. He has that whole 'Die for something worthwhile so my life means something' thing going on :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Well, since Sunday will be the last episode until mid-February, I assume there will most likely be a cliff-hanger for us coming up.

Godfather
11-23-2011, 05:00 PM
I noticed that on Wikipedia the other day, that's a long hiatus :wha: Bummer

Teh One Who Knocks
11-23-2011, 05:13 PM
I know, it's absolutely stupid...I can see taking off a week or two here and there for the upcoming holidays, but 2-1/2 months? Really? :wha:

Hal-9000
11-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Tie the old guy to the front of a truck and use him as zombie bait.As soon as the walkers get close, BAMMO, ram the truck into them :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Old guy is more useful than that bitch Andrea :hand:

Hal-9000
11-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Farm old guy, not nosy old guy :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-23-2011, 06:25 PM
You didn't differentiate [-(

Hal-9000
11-23-2011, 06:32 PM
either/or

Teh One Who Knocks
11-23-2011, 06:33 PM
:|

Godfather
11-24-2011, 05:36 AM
Heeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Did anyone notice that Sheldon Cooper's Ex Roomie (S03E22) is actually Glenn :lol: :lol: