PDA

View Full Version : High school sets bathroom visit limit for students

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2011, 09:46 PM
The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/FSU8n.jpg

EVERGREEN PARK, Ill. – Students at a suburban Chicago high school will have to hold it or risk staying after school.

A policy at Evergreen Park High School allows students to leave class three times per semester to go to the restroom. After that, they have to make up any missed class time after school.

Principal Bill Sanderson tells the (Tinley Park) SouthtownStar that the policy is designed to make sure that students don't miss valuable class time. He says it deters them from using restroom visits as an excuse to miss class.

Each teacher gets to decide whether to enforce the policy in their classes.

But some students argue that they don't have time to stop at the restroom otherwise because they only get five minutes between classes.

Hal-9000
10-17-2011, 09:54 PM
3 times per semester??? :lol: :lol:

Holy raging river and fill my pants with excrement! That's a wee bit harsh :rolleyes:

Godfather
10-17-2011, 10:23 PM
How stupid... by high school most teachers realize that young adults shouldn't have to even ask. Most would say "ok, stop putting your hand up to ask to go take a leak, just go... :lol: "

Hal-9000
10-17-2011, 10:30 PM
The kids are right here....we had 4 minutes in between classes and that was hardly enough time for a quick smoke and to rat some hash off the nic

:lol:

Pony
10-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Maybe they'll change the policy when they start finding warm yellow water bottles under the desks after class.

RBP
10-17-2011, 10:36 PM
Nice picture :lol:

Hal-9000
10-17-2011, 10:37 PM
For sure and if you're going through a number 2 problem...you may as well kiss your education goodbye :oops:

Hal-9000
10-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Nice picture :lol:

I'd hit that chick in a heartbeat...wet or dry :thumbsup:

JoeyB
10-17-2011, 11:04 PM
How stupid... by high school most teachers realize that young adults shouldn't have to even ask. Most would say "ok, stop putting your hand up to ask to go take a leak, just go... :lol: "

We had a substitute teacher in a high school algebra class...he was a gym teacher and had never subbed for any math before. He was everything you'd expect under those conditions, upbeat, enthusiastic, and constantly referencing the teacher notes left to him. He also wouldn't let anyone leave to use the restroom unless they stopped and did push ups in front of the entire class first.

I also had a cuntwhore of a bitch in a computer class (80's computers). I came in straight from a biology class with unexpected frog guts on my hand and she refused to let me use the bathroom. Mind you...the door to the bathroom was eight feet away directly across the hall, and there was still a minute left to the hall period...I only stopped and told her because I knew I wouldn't be back quite in time. She told me if I went to clean my hands and wasn't in my seat when the bell rang, I'd have detention. She had it waiting for me already written out when I got back.

I never got detention in high school...except from her, that year I was constantly having to drag my mom out of work to come and drive me home (I was bussed from the next town over). She must have given me detention at least once every other week. I know kids claim that certain teachers had it out for them, but you do the math on that...she and she alone gave me 2 or 3 detentions every month, and I never had any, ever, from anyone else my entire four years in high school.

The kids are right here....we had 4 minutes in between classes and that was hardly enough time for a quick smoke and to rat some hash off the nic

:lol:

Ah, you were one of the kids in 'that hall' lined up against 'that wall'. We had burn outs too.

I'd hit that chick in a heartbeat...wet or dry :thumbsup:

I'd prefer it 'wet'.

I have issues.

Excuse me while I cuddle with the Coke bottle full of pee.

Hal-9000
10-17-2011, 11:26 PM
We had militant, dick-headed teachers too Joey...you're not alone.

I took an essay writing class in grade 12.Teacher calls me and the folks in to tell them that I was only there for 1/3 of the semester, my grades were far too high compared to my attendance and that I spent most of my class time in the bathroom (pure lie).

My father, who is a calm, perceptive man says - Are you trying to imply my son was cheating in a story writing class? How is that possible?
Turns out I had read The Old Man and The Sea and Death of a Salesman a long time before grade 12 on my own.

We agreed to move me to a new school for grade 12.

Muddy
10-17-2011, 11:54 PM
I SEE no PICTURE!!!! HOT STINKAHHH!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo

Teh One Who Knocks
10-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Well that's on your end then because it';s not hotlinked, it's hosted

Southern Belle
10-18-2011, 12:05 AM
You have to wonder where they find the idiots who make up these rules ffs.

Hal-9000
10-18-2011, 12:34 AM
You have to wonder where they find the idiots who make up these rules ffs.

I'd guess that the student's behavior or abuse precipitated the ruling...we had a shop teacher who couldn't keep track of a piece a chalk ffs :lol:, much less a class of 30 students.
We could ask to go to the head and then return shortly before class ended.

deebakes
10-18-2011, 02:05 AM
Well that's on your end then because it';s not hotlinked, it's hosted

must be his iphone :-k

JoeyB
10-18-2011, 04:05 AM
We had militant, dick-headed teachers too Joey...you're not alone.

I took an essay writing class in grade 12.Teacher calls me and the folks in to tell them that I was only there for 1/3 of the semester, my grades were far too high compared to my attendance and that I spent most of my class time in the bathroom (pure lie).

My father, who is a calm, perceptive man says - Are you trying to imply my son was cheating in a story writing class? How is that possible?
Turns out I had read The Old Man and The Sea and Death of a Salesman a long time before grade 12 on my own.

We agreed to move me to a new school for grade 12.

I knew you switched high schools, you posted that in an earlier thread here, and also I'm stalking you. And now I know why.