PDA

View Full Version : No matter how mad your teenage daughter makes you, you are not allowed to dress her up in armor and beat her with a sword

Teh One Who Knocks
10-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Dressed in armor, man, daughter allegedly battled for 2 hours
BY JEREMY PAWLOSKI - Bellingham Herald Staff writer

A Yelm-area man reportedly upset with his 16-year-old daughter because she went to Puyallup without parental approval Saturday night is accused of forcing her to suit up in armor and then beating her with a wooden sword for two hours until she could no longer stand, according to the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office.

The father, identified as Freemon Everett Seay, 38, is a Renaissance fair enthusiast. He also donned armor and gave her a wooden sword before the assault, Thurston County sheriff’s Lt. Greg Elwin said.

“I’ve never seen anything like this,” Elwin said.

Seay was arrested on suspicion of second-degree assault with a deadly weapon early Sunday at his home in the 19000 block of 135th Lane Southeast outside of Yelm, Elwin said. Seay’s wife, Julie May Seay, 42, also was arrested on suspicion of second-degree assault with a deadly weapon as an accessory, Elwin said.

According to court papers, Seay told sheriff’s deputies that his daughter was “at a crack house” earlier that night.

At a court hearing Monday, Thurston County Superior Court Judge Gary Tabor ordered Freemon Seay held at the Thurston County Jail and set his bail at $10,000. He cannot have contact with the 16-year-old, according to Tabor’s order. He also can’t have contact with any children without the supervision of a “responsible adult.”

Julie Seay’s bail was set at $5,000. She also was in custody at the Thurston County Jail on Monday. She also is not allowed to have contact with her daughter, according to the judge’s order. She cannot have contact with any minor children unless she is being supervised by a “responsible adult,” Tabor also ordered.

Julie Seay works full time at the Loving and Learning Childcare Center, court papers state. She is the 16-year-old’s stepmother, according to court papers.

The events that led up to the alleged beating began Saturday night, after Freemon Seay went to Puyallup to pick up his daughter, Elwin said. Once they returned, Seay directed his other daughter to go outside and collect numerous willow branches, Elwin said. Seay, 5-foot-10 and 300 pounds, then used the switches to beat the 16-year-old on the back of her legs and back while she was on her stomach and he sat on top of her, he said.

According to Elwin, Seay then gave his daughter armor, a helmet and a wooden sword. Seay also suited up in armor and armed himself with a wooden sword, and they fought for nearly two hours, from 2 to 4 a.m. Sunday, until “she could no longer stand from exhaustion.”

The 16-year-old was not hospitalized, but she suffered extensive bruising on her face, torso and legs. After Seay realized the extent of his daughter’s injuries, he reportedly told her he was sorry and “he did not intend to go that far.”

A friend of the 16-year-old girl called 911 after the 16-year-old texted her photos of the bruises she suffered, court papers state.

Seay described his involvement in Renaissance fair activities as a hobby. “It’s really more of a lifestyle,” Elwin said.

DemonGeminiX
10-18-2011, 05:15 PM
The little punk deserved to be punished for disobeying her parents.

[-(

Joebob034
10-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey at least he gave her armor and a weapon to fight back with. I'd say that's fair.

JoeyB
10-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Hey at least he gave her armor and a weapon to fight back with. I'd say that's fair.

Exactly!

Inappropriate response time: Bitch had it coming anyway.

Highly inappropriate response time: Sixteen year old girls wearing armor and letting me beat them with something long and hard really turns me on...

Hal-9000
10-18-2011, 11:19 PM
When I was 14 my Dad caught me walking down the front street pissed out of my face, no shoes or jacket, holding a 26'er of whiskey.

He woke me up at 5am the next day to hang gyprock wallboards in the garage...I think they were 100 pounds each.
One dropped on my foot, by 'accident.'

He never bitched at me for being hosed at a young age....he only said - if you're old enough to drink, you're old enough to work :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
10-18-2011, 11:21 PM
When I was 14 my Dad caught me walking down the front street pissed out of my face, no shoes or jacket, holding a 26'er of whiskey.

He woke me up at 5am the next day to hang gyprock wallboards in the garage...I think they were 100 pounds each.
One dropped on my foot, by 'accident.'

He never bitched at me for being hosed at a young age....he only said - if you're old enough to drink, you're old enough to work :thumbsup:

What did he say or do when you disobeyed him?

JoeyB
10-18-2011, 11:30 PM

The beginning of the story as to why Hal is the way he is...

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 12:39 AM

Oh we had fights that were legendary from the time I turned 12... :lol:

Then it all stopped when I turned 24 and broke my femur.He had to lift me in and out of bed, help me out of the wheelchair etc....first time I remember him touching me actually.
For some reason at that point in our lives he calmed down, I DIDN'T know everything, and we've gotten along quite well ever since.I seriously and without sarcasm or a joke think
that my father is one of the greatest people on this earth in terms of generosity, patience and strength :thumbsup:

Deepsepia
10-19-2011, 12:48 AM
Ah, Renfaire, the natural home for the busty fetishist and the weird guy making the whips . . . gotta love it.

Strictly for the over 18s though . . .

Godfather
10-19-2011, 01:54 AM
No matter how mad your teenage daughter makes you, you are not allowed to dress her up in armor and beat her with a sword

That's just bullshit and you know it :x

:lol: Candidate for headline of the month though