PDA

View Full Version : 11-year-old girl arrested in bomb threat at Colorado School

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 11:30 AM
By The Denver Post

An 11-year-old Adams County girl has been arrested on charges of extortion and false reporting of explosives in connection with a bomb threat at her school.

The sixth grader was arrested about 6 p.m. and is being held at the Juvenile Detention Facility in Brighton on a $2,500 bond, the Adams County Sheriff's Office said tonight in a news release.

On Oct. 12, Ranum Middle School was evacuated after a phone call that threatened the lives of everyone in the school, the sheriff's office said. The next day, a caller renewed the threat, demanding $100 and stating that there was a bomb in one of the school lockers.

Again, the school was evacuated and the Adams County Bomb Squard swept the school. No devices were found.

DemonGeminiX
10-19-2011, 11:41 AM
:-s

$100? That's it?

Somebody needs to set the bar a tad higher.

JoeyB
10-19-2011, 09:17 PM
:-s

$100? That's it?

Somebody needs to set the bar a tad higher.

Two hundred dollars?

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Shall we open the betting?

What caused this 6th grader to make a bomb?

a.music
b.video games
c.the internet
d.nudity on television and movies
e.that Colorado clean air

DemonGeminiX
10-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Two hundred dollars?

She should at least ask for enough to cover the latest greatest horrendously overpriced piece of iCrap.

JoeyB
10-19-2011, 11:11 PM
She should at least ask for enough to cover the latest greatest horrendously overpriced piece of iCrap.

Now you hold it right there mister...just because she's a bomb threatening, out of control juvenile delinquent, doesn't mean she's the sort of monster who would buy Apple products.

KevinD
10-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Rolls eyes.....And who here didn't know someone who called in a bomb or fire threat when we were in school? Beach Day (or for my northren brethren,: Snow Day!

Acid Trip
10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Rolls eyes.....And who here didn't know someone who called in a bomb or fire threat when we were in school? Beach Day (or for my northren brethren,: Snow Day!

We never called in a threat, we just didn't got to school. We had several freshman, sophomore, junior and senior skip days throughout the year. It's pretty hard to punish and entire class of students. Especially when my graduating class had 400 people.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Shall we open the betting?

What caused this 6th grader to make a bomb?

a.music
b.video games
c.the internet
d.nudity on television and movies
e.that Colorado clean air

Marilyn Manson

KevinD
10-21-2011, 05:34 AM
We never called in a threat, we just didn't got to school. We had several freshman, sophomore, junior and senior skip days throughout the year. It's pretty hard to punish and entire class of students. Especially when my graduating class had 400 people.

I never called anything in either. I do remember having conversations about it with others though. The only time I think someone might have actually done it, was in Middle school. There was a bomb threat that turned out to be a hoax.
Also, this girl was 11...not in HS. I dunno about you, but we didn't have "skip" days in grade school.

DemonGeminiX
10-21-2011, 06:05 AM
I never called anything in either. I do remember having conversations about it with others though. The only time I think someone might have actually done it, was in Middle school. There was a bomb threat that turned out to be a hoax.
Also, this girl was 11...not in HS. I dunno about you, but we didn't have "skip" days in grade school.

I tried to skip school while in grade school once. 5th grade, if I remember correctly. A friend of mine convinced me to do it. We both were caught. His parents covered for him and he didn't get in trouble. My Dad kicked my ass and my teacher looked at me as if I was a criminal for the rest of the year. We didn't remain friends for very much longer after that.

Not exactly the same as calling in a bomb threat, but the memory popped in my head when I read your post and I felt I needed to throw out there.

JoeyB
10-21-2011, 06:12 AM
I tried to skip school while in grade school once. 5th grade, if I remember correctly. A friend of mine convinced me to do it. We both were caught. His parents covered for him and he didn't get in trouble. My Dad kicked my ass and my teacher looked at me as if I was a criminal for the rest of the year. We didn't remain friends for very much longer after that.

Not exactly the same as calling in a bomb threat, but the memory popped in my head when I read your post and I felt I needed to throw out there.

Still bitter about it?

deebakes
10-24-2011, 02:09 AM
:lol: