PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3

Godfather
02-24-2011, 08:39 PM
This game will be a sequel to Battlefield 2, return to a more realistic, less cartoony feel that Bad Company 1 & 2 and have. It will also have a single-player which is exciting as all hell.

I'm pumped, I've always loved this series from 1942, Vietnam and everything else.

You'll now drag buddies to safety, jets have returned after being missed in Bad Company and this appears extremely realistic feeling game. Can't wait to drive all the vehicles and kit up!

---------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87BDeknCbd0

A remarkable understanding of the art of teasing is on display, with the 44-second montage accommodating around 12 seconds of quick-cut gameplay clips.

The clips appear to be taken from the game's singleplayer mode, with a mission briefing present, though it does seem that character animations have been greatly improved and it's now possible to drag wounded teammates from the thick of the action.

EA, keen to stir demand for the team-based shooter, are offering four multiplayer maps from Battlefield 2 as a pre-order incentive for the M-rated PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game.

Urban environments are prominent -- Paris, Tehran and New York are confirmed as locations for the fall 2011 game -- though key details regarding the scope of online multiplayer, character classes, and faction choices aren't expected to emerge until at least March 1, the date of a Battlefield 3 presentation at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, California.

Lambchop
04-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Can't wait. I'm a bit of a coward in that I stay behind and use a sniper to take people out from a distance so the large maps in the Battlefield series suit my gameplay.

Godfather
04-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Battlefield is great in that regard!

Bad Company 2 has a really fun sniping aspect... no breath hold but great bullet drop/physics. If they added breathing it would be unreal.

Nice to see you around Lamby :D

Softdreamer
04-09-2011, 01:32 AM
I loved the Nations At War mod for BF2, played that with LAN buddies for ages...

Always liked the team vs bots battles, less whinging and showing off from other players that ruined it for me online.
Never enjoyed the bad company games. Must admit im more retro that WOW graphics.

Cant beat the original Ghost Recon!

Godfather
04-26-2011, 05:33 PM
*checks watch*.... common....

Acid Trip
05-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Can't wait. I'm a bit of a coward in that I stay behind and use a sniper to take people out from a distance so the large maps in the Battlefield series suit my gameplay.

That's the reason I don't play Battlefield (well that and lack of a true hardcore mode with realistic bullet damage). Snipers need to be affected by breathing, bullet drop, and wind just like in real life. Call of Duty got breathing right and BF2 got bullet drop right so now we just need someone to combine the two and add wind.

Sniping is insanely hard and BF2 makes it the easiest class to play. That's totally backwards.

Hugh_Janus
06-01-2011, 05:35 PM
I saw some gameplay footage of this and it looks insanely pretty

Acid Trip
06-01-2011, 07:26 PM
I saw some gameplay footage of this and it looks insanely pretty

Can you throw us a link of where you saw it?

Hugh_Janus
06-02-2011, 07:17 PM
certainly, mon amis....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc

Godfather
06-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Sick sick sick sick sick sick

SOOOOOOOOOOOO PUMPED

Godfather
09-30-2011, 07:09 AM
Open Beta is now available but holy fuck is it every hard to get in... server is up and down

And I understand it looks pretty average on council compared to PC. Bad move if EA really tailored it that much towards PC gamers given they're trying to take back what CoD holds.... only 4% of Blackops games sold were for PC :lol:

Leefro
09-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Well downloading the Beta of this game for my PS3 :tup:

Probably wont like it

Leefro
09-30-2011, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coOHjF4_apI&sns=tw

Leefro
09-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Here we go game is installing :)

Acid Trip
09-30-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm having a hell of a time getting on the Multiplayer beta for Xbox. Hopefully the launch servers will be better prepared for the player load.

Leefro
09-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Well downloading the Beta of this game for my PS3 :tup:

Probably wont like it

I was correct in my assumption :(

Acid Trip
10-05-2011, 07:16 PM
I was correct in my assumption :(

The beta is still pretty buggy. Was there anything in particular you didn't like? I hate the fact the beta has no hardcore mode so I only played it for a couple hours. I'm not sure how much they can fix before release so I may wait awhile to buy it.

Godfather
10-06-2011, 02:08 AM
I still can't get the game to launch on my new, tricked out PC... neither can thousands of gamers :lol: That's a problem

I played it for 360 a bit and liked it though. Going to be an awesome game, CoD is toast.

Acid Trip
10-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I still can't get the game to launch on my new, tricked out PC... neither can thousands of gamers :lol: That's a problem

I played it for 360 a bit and liked it though. Going to be an awesome game, CoD is toast.

The graphics on PC are so superior to Xbox though. You need a beast of a computer to use full graphics but it's a totally different experience. I'll be getting it for Xbox for the simple fact all my friends are on Xbox.

MW3 will have their work cutout for them. Completely destructible environment = pure awesomeness.

Godfather
10-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Me too... all my buds are going 360 so I will too

Less than a week now :mrgreen: Going for the midnight release?

Leefro
10-21-2011, 04:51 PM
The beta is still pretty buggy. Was there anything in particular you didn't like? I hate the fact the beta has no hardcore mode so I only played it for a couple hours. I'm not sure how much they can fix before release so I may wait awhile to buy it.

Me I am more of a fan of story mode 1 player than an online multiplayer game

Hal-9000
10-21-2011, 05:54 PM
The graphics on PC are so superior to Xbox though. You need a beast of a computer to use full graphics but it's a totally different experience. I'll be getting it for Xbox for the simple fact all my friends are on Xbox.

MW3 will have their work cutout for them. Completely destructible environment = pure awesomeness.

Sandy Bridge quadcore, 8 gig o ram and GTX 460.....I'm ready :afro:

Godfather
10-24-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm so confused... I pre-ordered the game in September from Future Shop, so I figured I'd get the limited edition as a rep on the FS forum stated.

But now I'm confused... read somewhere only people who pre-ordered after October 7th will? How the fuck does that make sense. I get less for getting there earlier?

Leefro
10-24-2011, 07:18 PM
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/18287020/Battlefield-3-Limited-Edition/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=battlefield+3&urlrefer=search

This is what we get on the consoles

Godfather
10-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Apparently... and Future Shop also has an exclusive Steel Case but I think you just get the regular edition at F.S. if you per-ordered too early :wha:

Leefro
10-24-2011, 07:25 PM
FUCKUPS :tup:

Godfather
10-24-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm just going to raise hell if I don't get the limited edition... normally I wouldn't care, but I want the exclusive map.

Leefro
10-24-2011, 07:29 PM
CHEAT :(

;)

Acid Trip
10-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Me too... all my buds are going 360 so I will too

Less than a week now :mrgreen: Going for the midnight release?

I'm not. The anniversary of when my wife and I met is on the 25th so I'll wait till the next day to get it. If I don't wait she might kill me and then I'd never get to play it!

Acid Trip
10-24-2011, 07:49 PM
I'm just going to raise hell if I don't get the limited edition... normally I wouldn't care, but I want the exclusive map.

I thought all pre-orders got the exclusive map no matter when you reserved it. Have you heard otherwise?

Acid Trip
10-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Sandy Bridge quadcore, 8 gig o ram and GTX 460.....I'm ready :afro:

An average rig. It takes a 6 core CPU or i7 overclocked to 4.2+ Ghz to impress me these days.

Godfather
10-24-2011, 07:54 PM
No, I think you're good if you bought from anywhere other than FS like I should have :lol:

Some guy on the futureshop forum who is a rep said that it was available to people who pre-ordered from FS after october 7. Maybe I misunderstood or he is wrong... I doubt they'll have two copies on hand, the limited edition will probably be available for a week or two, just trying to sucker people in the door right away

Hal-9000
10-24-2011, 10:29 PM
An average rig. It takes a 6 core CPU or i7 overclocked to 4.2+ Ghz to impress me these days.

:sad2: It has a really cool blue fan light on the front of the case?

Godfather
10-24-2011, 10:30 PM
Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
Graphics card memory: 1 GB

Hal-9000
10-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
Graphics card memory: 1 GB

That's what I hate about games the most....regarding the minimum requirements above my old pc could have handled it with some tweaking...until the 'directx 10 or 11' bit.

:x If you're running XP, but have decent hardware...good luck in running that game

Leefro
10-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Here is a bloke Who I always follow with his walkthroughs

Go take a look and see if you are impressed

On the X-Box btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ9r3iZKzy4&feature=feedu_more

Acid Trip
10-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Here is a bloke Who I always follow with his walkthroughs

Go take a look and see if you are impressed

On the X-Box btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ9r3iZKzy4&feature=feedu_more

It looks like that is the PC version. I have to assume that since there is no LShift or 2 (commands it gave) on an xbox controller. Looks fun as hell though.

Acid Trip
10-25-2011, 08:57 PM
:sad2: It has a really cool blue fan light on the front of the case?

Did someone say lights? Lights are like stickers on cars...it makes it go faster!

Leefro
10-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Ahhh just thought it was the XBOX as all the ones I have watched previosly have been on that console

I don't know what to make of it

Hal-9000
10-26-2011, 12:45 AM
Did someone say lights? Lights are like stickers on cars...it makes it go faster!

front case light = 100 mhz addition to the processor :thumbsup:

Godfather
10-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Just got home with it (xbox version), got the limited edition and steel case at no charge!! It pays to pre-order :mgreen: Installing game now as it gives you better graphics if you instal to the HD

Leefro
10-26-2011, 12:25 PM
See you again in about 4 weeks ;)

Acid Trip
10-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Just got home with it (xbox version), got the limited edition and steel case at no charge!! It pays to pre-order :mgreen: Installing game now as it gives you better graphics if you instal to the HD

I got my copy last night, installed to the HD, downloaded all the updates and the HD graphics but didn't get a chance to play it yet.

I'm declaring today "Battlefield Wednesday" as soon as I'm done working.

Acid Trip
10-26-2011, 01:47 PM
front case light = 100 mhz addition to the processor :thumbsup:

If the lights change color that's at least another 500 mhz per color.

Godfather
10-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I got my copy last night, installed to the HD, downloaded all the updates and the HD graphics but didn't get a chance to play it yet.

I'm declaring today "Battlefield Wednesday" as soon as I'm done working.

I'm strongly debating calling in sick :lol: I wana play all day....

Hal-9000
10-26-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm strongly debating calling in sick :lol: I wana play all day....

FFS :lol:

my boss would have a shitfit if I did something like that....

umm hello? Boss? I can't make it in today.I've just acquired the incinerator in Fallout NewVegas and I hafta burn some dudes

Hal-9000
10-26-2011, 05:23 PM
If the lights change color that's at least another 500 mhz per color.

And studies have shown that black cases and monitors give you an additional 15 fps..

Yt Trash
10-27-2011, 12:10 AM
Got mine Tuesday. Been playing online. Haven't done first player yet. I'm off Friday, that'll be my campaign day!

Godfather
10-27-2011, 06:28 AM
FFS :lol:

my boss would have a shitfit if I did something like that....

umm hello? Boss? I can't make it in today.I've just acquired the incinerator in Fallout NewVegas and I hafta burn some dudes

I was going to say I was sick, not busy with my xbox and a slurpee :lol:

I didn't do it... I talk the talk but it's not in me to lie about being sick like that.

Played the first hour or so of the campaign after work, seems pretty good. The plot seems strangely familiar though *Cough* *Blackops*

Hugh_Janus
10-27-2011, 05:08 PM
any of you guys want this setup? skip to about 10 mins if you don't want to see what went in to building it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8Bh5iI2WY

Acid Trip
10-27-2011, 08:59 PM
any of you guys want this setup? skip to about 10 mins if you don't want to see what went in to building it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg8Bh5iI2WY

:drool:

I could see myself wasting many, many days in that room.

Acid Trip
10-27-2011, 09:06 PM
I was going to say I was sick, not busy with my xbox and a slurpee :lol:

I didn't do it... I talk the talk but it's not in me to lie about being sick like that.

Played the first hour or so of the campaign after work, seems pretty good. The plot seems strangely familiar though *Cough* *Blackops*

I skipped single player and went right into online play. I forgot how much fun the big vehicle battles can be. My friend shot down a chopper with the main gun of a tank and about I fell out of my chair laughing.

I made it to rank 6 within a couple hours so I'm happy.

Leefro
10-27-2011, 09:10 PM
It's really weird I LOVE LOVE first person shooters but war first person shooters I sesm to stay well clear of

Hal-9000
10-28-2011, 01:03 AM
It's really weird I LOVE LOVE first person shooters but war first person shooters I sesm to stay well clear of

I'm the opposite..don't care for the futuristic shooters or anything like that.Give me one set in wartime and I'm right there :thumbsup:

Godfather
10-28-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm the opposite..don't care for the futuristic shooters or anything like that.Give me one set in wartime and I'm right there :thumbsup:

Same :D

Godfather
10-28-2011, 01:13 AM
That's what I hate about games the most....regarding the minimum requirements above my old pc could have handled it with some tweaking...until the 'directx 10 or 11' bit.

:x If you're running XP, but have decent hardware...good luck in running that game

That's why I'm done with PC gaming mostly... it costs $1000+ to get a gaming rig that will let me keep up. I know that if I buy a 200$ Xbox I'm going to have the same rig as everyone for 1/5th the price... maybe half once you factor in HDMI, a replacement xbox after a couple years, controller, etc

Hal-9000
10-28-2011, 01:35 AM
That's why I'm done with PC gaming mostly... it costs $1000+ to get a gaming rig that will let me keep up. I know that if I buy a 200$ Xbox I'm going to have the same rig as everyone for 1/5th the price... maybe half once you factor in HDMI, a replacement xbox after a couple years, controller, etc

Don't you need a net connection for the Xbox though?

I was considering getting a pc strictly for net duties and an Xbox for gaming but then thought I'd have to have two net connections and buy my games.The stability is attractive for consoles...not sold on the aggregate price as I add more games and need the net connection.

Leefro
10-28-2011, 01:45 AM
Bioshock - Cracking
Bioshock 2 - Cracking
Fallout (half shooter) - Cracking
Borderland - Best turn based Shooter out there 100% fact

Hal-9000
10-28-2011, 01:47 AM
I guess the realism attracts me in some war games (liked all of the above games btw Lee, except Borderlands)

In some of the older Medal of Honor games apparently they researched the weapons right down the to sound effects.I like that.

Leefro
10-28-2011, 01:50 AM
I just liked the style and feel of Borderlands :tup:

Not saying I did not enjoy the earlier incarnations of MOH

Hal-9000
10-28-2011, 02:49 AM
I just liked the style and feel of Borderlands :tup:

Not saying I did not enjoy the earlier incarnations of MOH

I liked the style too...something about the interface or the way you leveled I didn't like.I still would take Oblivion or the latter Fallout games over most exploration games...

Acid Trip
10-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Don't you need a net connection for the Xbox though?

I was considering getting a pc strictly for net duties and an Xbox for gaming but then thought I'd have to have two net connections and buy my games.The stability is attractive for consoles...not sold on the aggregate price as I add more games and need the net connection.

You only need an internet connection for Xbox if you want to play online.

I bought my Xbox 360 Elite about 5 years ago and I've never had a single problem. I always burn discs to the hard drive, always turn it off when not in use, and never put it on the ground where all the dust collects.

Hal-9000
10-28-2011, 03:34 PM

I bought my Xbox 360 Elite about 5 years ago and I've never had a single problem. I always burn discs to the hard drive, always turn it off when not in use, and never put it on the ground where all the dust collects.

Guy at work gets the odd game online, wouldn't mind trying that.I keep forgetting that consoles these days have hard drives and can install and store info.

*goes back to watching The Waltons* :oops:

Godfather
10-28-2011, 03:48 PM
The hard drive thing is great, I instal all my games to the hard drive so the Xbox is FAR more quiet than the older 360 models were.

I've flown in a few jet fights in BF3 now... pretty much got a hard on

Leefro
10-28-2011, 03:57 PM

Don't you have to pay ?

Godfather
10-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Don't you have to pay ?

Yes, but it's $5 a month. Pretty fair if you ask me given all the benefits and the enherant stability and ease of Xbox Live. And only if you want the features like voice and friend lists. To just play online straightforward you don't need a 'gold' subscription, it's free.

Leefro
10-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Guy at work gets the odd game online, wouldn't mind trying that.I keep forgetting that consoles these days have hard drives and can install and store info.

*goes back to watching The Waltons* :oops:

Make sure you don't use cracked games as they will ban you ;)

Godfather
10-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Make sure you don't use cracked games as they will ban you ;)

I've got buddies who have a second Xbox for playing hacked games :lol: Pretty handy actually

Leefro
10-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Cracked games - Funding Terrorists and Drug gangs and Gangsters ;)

Acid Trip
10-28-2011, 05:01 PM
The hard drive thing is great, I instal all my games to the hard drive so the Xbox is FAR more quiet than the older 360 models were.

I've flown in a few jet fights in BF3 now... pretty much got a hard on

I haven't jumped in a Jet or Helicopter yet since I'm to lazy to look up the controls. It took me like 3 minutes to figure out how to fire the main gun on the tank. I kept hitting accelerate (Right Trigger) instead of the Left Bumper.

I love to shoot down the planes & helicopters so I probably won't spend much time in them. The guided missiles are just too much fun.

Godfather
10-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Yeah you need to log considerable time to get good at flying choppers. The controls are very different from Bad Company so it's an adjustment.

Godfather
10-29-2011, 06:19 AM
So, if you're thinking about buying this game strictly for the campaign, find another game.

Bodies disappear like an old N64 game, friendlies asses are halfway into walls when they stack-up before breaching, there are holes in the wall where enemies bullets go through but yours do not, there are instances of clipping and lighting issues. This is a game priding itself on destructible environments and you can't even shoot out a light when you need ti.

The online is great fun, I'll be investing lots of time in it. But the campaign is an unpolished piece of shit. They shouldn't have even bothered tbh.

Leefro
10-29-2011, 08:49 AM
So, if you're thinking about buying this game strictly for the campaign, find another game.

The online is great fun, I'll be investing lots of time in it. But the campaign is an unpolished piece of shit. They shouldn't have even bothered tbh.

I shall not be buying it then :(

Shame :(

Acid Trip
10-31-2011, 08:24 PM

Bodies disappear like an old N64 game, friendlies asses are halfway into walls when they stack-up before breaching, there are holes in the wall where enemies bullets go through but yours do not, there are instances of clipping and lighting issues. This is a game priding itself on destructible environments and you can't even shoot out a light when you need ti.

There is definitely still some bugs in the Frostbite 2 graphics engine but they haven't hindered me at all in multiplayer.

Godfather
11-01-2011, 12:28 AM
I'm gunna trade my Xbox copy in for a PC copy I think :-k It looks fantastic on PC, they definitely made Xbox/PS3 an afterthought here.

Leefro
11-01-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm gunna trade my Xbox copy in for a PC copy I think :-k It looks fantastic on PC, they definitely made Xbox/PS3 an afterthought here.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210733p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

Acid Trip
11-01-2011, 03:21 PM

You'll need a quad core CPU and killer graphics card to use maxed out graphics and not experience video lag.

Godfather
11-01-2011, 03:27 PM
I have an i7 and a pretty good graphics card, as well as 8gm ram so it should run at fairly high settings I hope.

I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise this game kind of ignored console gamers, aside from Bad Company 1 & 2, it has always been a very PC oriented series

Godfather
11-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Anyone have a guess as to how much it would cost if I traded in one version of the game for another :-k

Acid Trip
11-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Anyone have a guess as to how much it would cost if I traded in one version of the game for another :-k

Well, they'll probably have to sell your Xbox copy as used since it's been opened. Luckily the game is pretty much brand new so they might give you 50% of the original sales price. It's a total rip off but it's better than nothing.

This is assuming you are going to a GameStop.

Godfather
11-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Ya, or EB games... I'll see who wants more for it. I know damn well they'll sell it for only 10$ less than a brand-new copy. :lol: Might not even be worth it

Acid Trip
11-02-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm starting to get really pissed at how hard it is to join a game with a squad an actually end up on the same team. We always end up with half of us on one team and half on the other.

Yt Trash
11-21-2011, 11:26 PM
MW3 vs BF3 the results.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/11/21/modern-warfare-3-vs-battlefield-3-the-results