PDA

View Full Version : 'Fear Factor' explosive first photos and premiere date revealed

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 07:18 PM
by James Hibberd - Entertainment Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/Ybci1.jpg

EW has found NBC’s secret Fear Factor plans! We had to break into a Van Nuys warehouse and dig through a plexiglass box filled with spiders, but at the bottom we scored the network’s scheduling strategy for the return of the classic reality hit, plus the first photos of the revamped show.

Fear Factor will have a two-hour premiere on Monday, Dec. 12 — taking over the slot after The Sing Off concludes on Dec. 5. Producers have promised a more spectacular edition of the show that takes advantage of modern stunt technology, plus it’s in HD for the first time. Also on board is the show’s original sarcastic host, Joe Rogan (who in the above pic looks more surly than ever).

“The fans of the original show are not going to be disappointed and Rogan is exactly the same — it’s classic, it looks amazing,” says Paul Telegdy, NBC’s president of alternative and late night programming. “I had forgotten why this show has the best title in TV — fear is a primal instinct that you rarely see engaged on television.”

Contestants will once again compete for a $50,000 prize, and face stunts with titles like “Towering Inferno” and the “Helicopter TNT Crash.” NBC has ordered eight initial episodes.

But we promised you photos, right? First here’s another one of a contestant getting, it appears, exploded. Then there’s three more on the second page.

http://i.imgur.com/wMXcj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yMZrY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wK4Mp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tRSLZ.jpg

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 07:22 PM
oooh I hate the creepy bug stuff...

DemonGeminiX
10-19-2011, 07:28 PM
I remember when they had playboy playmates on the show as contestants. The show pussied out and made the challenges so much easier for the models then they made the challenges for regular joe contestants.

Muddy
10-19-2011, 07:28 PM
I like regular contenders... Fuck the beautiful people.....

DemonGeminiX
10-19-2011, 07:35 PM
I was disappointed. Joe was being all super nice. He's usually a complete dick to every other contestant. I was looking for some playmate abuse. It just didn't deliver.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I was disappointed. Joe was being all super nice. He's usually a complete dick to every other contestant. I was looking for some playmate abuse. It just didn't deliver.

Playboy, Inc probably demanded it that way or else the girls wouldn't appear

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm excited it's back tho, I loved this show :cheers:

Muddy
10-19-2011, 07:37 PM
I like when Joe is a dick to the contestants...

PorkChopSandwiches
10-19-2011, 08:01 PM
I always felt I could do this show.....until they get to the eating parts :vomit:

Muddy
10-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Eating and the snake shit...

JoeyB
10-19-2011, 09:00 PM
oooh I hate the creepy bug stuff...

Really...so noted Halwynn, so noted...

I like regular contenders... Fuck the beautiful people.....

I agree, let's fuck some beautiful people.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 09:27 PM
Best part is that Joe Rogan is gonna be the host again...I don't think anyone could take his place. I was worried they wouldn't be able to get him because after the show was over, he ripped it pretty bad.

Muddy
10-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Joes right hard looking in that first picture..

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 09:33 PM
I hope he's even ruder to the contestants this time around :lol:

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 09:41 PM
I always felt I could do this show.....until they get to the eating parts :vomit:

That's it...all of the high wire stuff and jumping to moving vehicles would be pretty easy.They're always tethered so where's the FEAR factor?? :x

Throw me in a box full of moving bugs and I'm tapping out right after I wee my pants :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 09:48 PM
That's it...all of the high wire stuff and jumping to moving vehicles would be pretty easy.They're always tethered so where's the FEAR factor?? :x

Throw me in a box full of moving bugs and I'm tapping out right after I wee my pants :shock:

But what if you are afraid of heights? Even tethered it would terrify someone with acrophobia

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 09:54 PM
But what if you are afraid of heights? Even tethered it would terrify someone with acrophobia

Certainly.I don't suffer from that though.

I saw one where they walked across a series of girders to platforms.The walkways were only about 5 inches wide and it was windy out :lol:
Unfortunately the tether harness took all danger away from the process, so it if was me....I would be sprinting.What have you got to lose?

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 09:56 PM
In my Fear Factor show, the contestants would be untethered, 100 feet up at least and performing over broken glass and pointy rocks :)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Certainly.I don't suffer from that though.

I saw one where they walked across a series of girders to platforms.The walkways were only about 5 inches wide and it was windy out :lol:
Unfortunately the tether harness took all danger away from the process, so it if was me....I would be sprinting.What have you got to lose?

The $50,000 if you fall off :nono:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-19-2011, 09:59 PM
In my Fear Factor show, the contestants would be untethered, 100 feet up at least and performing over broken glass and pointy rocks :)

How about injecting them all with a slow acting poison and then you take them to the eating part and tell them that the antidote has been injected into (insert something horribly disgusting here)...but don't tell them which one so they have to eat it all.

:thumbsup:

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 10:05 PM
How about injecting them all with a slow acting poison and then you take them to the eating part and tell them that the antidote has been injected into (insert something horribly disgusting here)...but don't tell them which one so they have to eat it all.

:thumbsup:

Co-producers :thumbsup:

We'll make a killing in the ratings before they cancel us after one show :lol:

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 10:08 PM
First stunt on hal-factor:

Lock Rosie O'Donnell in a cage for 24 hours without food.Insert a key for the cage into one of her orifices.Then, cover the contestants in tuna, put them in the cage and they have to procure the key in 60 seconds to escape.

Muddy
10-19-2011, 10:12 PM
I hope he's even ruder to the contestants this time around :lol:

I'd like to see him do some humping gestures when no ones looking... :lol:

Muddy
10-19-2011, 10:12 PM
First stunt on hal-factor:

Lock Rosie O'Donnell in a cage for 24 hours without food.Insert a key for the cage into one of her orifices.Then, cover the contestants in tuna, put them in the cage and they have to procure the key in 60 seconds to escape.

Isn't that Guy Fieris show? :lol:

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Isn't that Guy Fieris show? :lol:

I had to google who he is...still not sure about the post :lol:

:oops:

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 10:24 PM
I'd like to see him do some humping gestures when no ones looking... :lol:

Rogan has a black belt in karate...my first trial on fear factor would be to make a short joke about him

Muddy
10-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Rogan has a black belt in karate...my first trial on fear factor would be to make a short joke about him

I wouldn't fuck with him... He does have a Brown belt in Jiu-jitsu... :lol:

Hal-9000
10-19-2011, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't fuck with him... He does have a Brown belt in Jiu-jitsu... :lol:

That's what I'm saying homes...yes I've been in fights but better trained opponents tend to tune you up right quick :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2011, 12:52 PM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/20/fear-factor-trailer/

The trailer for the new season :cheers:

Godfather
10-21-2011, 03:58 PM

:rofl:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Eating and the snake shit...

I think I could get through the coffin of spiders or snakes whatever, since you know the cant let you die. But eating 3 lbs of bull testicle would make me puke on the spot.

Muddy
10-21-2011, 04:34 PM
I think it was actually Bull Semen....

PorkChopSandwiches
10-21-2011, 04:41 PM
This one :puke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RLwk6BsOyc