Teh One Who Knocks
12-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Awesome episode last night, can't wait to see what the finale holds next week

redred
12-09-2013, 02:25 PM
:+1: was a great episode

Teh One Who Knocks
12-09-2013, 02:28 PM
I definitely didn't see it coming when Brody killed Akbari, I really thought he was enjoying being a hero and especially so after he realized the CIA was trying to eliminate him. They did a good job on the fake out IMO.

Hal-9000
12-12-2013, 12:11 AM
you probably won't believe it but when I saw the ashtray on the desk I knew Brody was bluffing :lol:

and then WHACK...nails him, puts the pillow on his face and calls Carrie...

Um hello, I've just killed the head of Iranian special forces in his office with no way out...taxi please? :)

that took HUGE cojones

Teh One Who Knocks
12-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Damn good episode to end the season, great way to follow up last week. Really throws the whole next season into limbo though with all the changes that happened over the last 2 weeks.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-16-2013, 02:08 PM
Best part of Brody dying is the fact the we shouldn't see Dana anymore! :woot: :banana: :dance: :woohoo: :dance: :banana: :woot:

Hal-9000
12-16-2013, 04:44 PM
I didn't care for it...everything was so understated like last minute script additions...

I was thinking (hoping) that Brody's death was faked, that maybe they put a harness on him or something...

Saul just gracefully stepping aside and retiring, Carrie getting her own leadership role in Istanbul after the shite she pulled....IDK, not the way it should have ended IMO

redred
12-16-2013, 04:59 PM
yes there wasn't really a cliffhanger that makes you want the next season to start

Teh One Who Knocks
12-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Brody's death was a loooooooooooooooong time coming

Hal-9000
12-16-2013, 05:19 PM
I liked the cinematography of his death :lol:

the shot of him hanging there on a red rope from a crane....nice framing

redred
12-16-2013, 05:21 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-q3unvXfSb4U/UlxGY__M2xI/AAAAAAAAB78/SfBa1Q1PGx8/s1600/homeland_cry0nuq7.gif

Hal-9000
12-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Brody's death was a loooooooooooooooong time coming

left me scratching my head....isn't the main premise of the show about him and Carrie's relationship? How they interacted as enemies at first, then the love affair?

interesting fun fact : I can't remember her ever saying " I love you" at any point and last night's ep gave her lots of chances :lol:

+1 for no cutesy :tup:

Hal-9000
12-16-2013, 05:22 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-q3unvXfSb4U/UlxGY__M2xI/AAAAAAAAB78/SfBa1Q1PGx8/s1600/homeland_cry0nuq7.gif

:lol:

Brody 2.0 next season :tup:

Hal-9000
12-16-2013, 05:25 PM
I was thinking....Claire Danes would make an excellent Hobbit-chick :lol: She has the face for it..

Teh One Who Knocks
12-16-2013, 05:38 PM
I liked the cinematography of his death :lol:

the shot of him hanging there on a red rope from a crane....nice framing

I thought it was well done :)

left me scratching my head....isn't the main premise of the show about him and Carrie's relationship? How they interacted as enemies at first, then the love affair?

interesting fun fact : I can't remember her ever saying " I love you" at any point and last night's ep gave her lots of chances :lol:

+1 for no cutesy :tup:

Yup, she never said it, I was thinking the same exact thing as we were watching it last night, and I thought for sure that she was gonna tell him during the last phone call...but nada. For someone who consumed her entire being while they were intertwined, she sure was never very 'love-y' towards him. Yet she sure went batshit crazy any time she thought he had an ouchie. :wha:

And the show needs a reboot for the storyline to go forward. How much more can they do with Brody if he had escaped?

Hal-9000
12-16-2013, 05:48 PM
I thought it was well done :)

Yup, she never said it, I was thinking the same exact thing as we were watching it last night, and I thought for sure that she was gonna tell him during the last phone call...but nada. For someone who consumed her entire being while they were intertwined, she sure was never very 'love-y' towards him. Yet she sure went batshit crazy any time she thought he had an ouchie. :wha:

And the show needs a reboot for the storyline to go forward. How much more can they do with Brody if he had escaped?

I thought he would have been an excellent double agent after all of that BS...no one would really know where his loyalties lie

and yes.....probably the most Un-romantic 'relationship' on TV for sure :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-17-2013, 11:57 AM
By Bruna Nessif - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/3h1SabX.jpg

Fans will notice a change in next season's Homeland.

Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor will not return to the Emmy-winning Showtime drama as series regulars for its fourth season, TV Line reports.

The downgrade may not be too much of a shift for Baccarin's character, whose role noticeably decreased in the third season and was used more as fuel for Dana's (Saylor) storyline. Baccarin was in her third trimester for much of production and gave birth in October, before filming completed on season three.

However, it's a different story for Saylor's character, who became more prominent as the series continued. The absence of Damian Lewis' Nicholas Brody from all but two of the first eight episodes shifted focus of the Brody family to Dana.

"Because Brody was not onscreen and not part of the story in those first couple of episodes, we really wanted to tell the aftermath of the bombing in a more personal way," Homeland showrunner Alex Gansasaid of the decision to focus on Dana, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

"The relationship between Dana and her father is very strong. It's stronger than his relationship with Jessica and certainly stronger than his relationship with [son] Chris [Jackson Pace]."

Homeland's third season finale airs Sunday on Showtime.

================================================== ==============

:cheers:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-17-2013, 11:58 AM
and yes.....probably the most Un-romantic 'relationship' on TV for sure :lol:

I guess when you think about it, it really never was about love between those two, it was more about some kind of 'need', for lack of a better term.

Hal-9000
12-17-2013, 03:49 PM
what about the little brother......Mr Saynothing Immalamp Inthebackground?

PorkChopSandwiches
12-23-2013, 07:12 PM
I was surprised he actually was killed. Pretty bad ass really, killing a main character like that

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2013, 07:24 PM
I was surprised he actually was killed. Pretty bad ass really, killing a main character like that

You don't watch Game of Thrones, do you? :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-23-2013, 07:27 PM
I started it but there was way to many plot lines and weird names to keep up

Hal-9000
12-23-2013, 08:05 PM

it thins out a little over the years

Yt Trash
12-24-2013, 12:42 AM

I've watched all three seasons over the summer. But I agree with Porky, it's a little overwhelming keeping up with names. I know the main story-lines but that's about it.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-24-2013, 01:17 AM
All I know is they need more midgets

Fodster
06-07-2014, 02:58 AM
Just about ti finish Season 1 of this and I love it :bananadance:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Excellent start to the new season :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
10-06-2014, 02:58 PM
:-k

I love the show....but, would they really give someone with emotional and mental problems like Carrie that job?

I do like how it goes in unexpected directions.....Quinn just hammered, chubby girl says - Wow are you ever drunk! Next scene he's banging her :lol:

and of course ...Better call Saul! :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2014, 03:07 PM
Aside from the fact that she's a whack-job, she has always been good at her job, so, I dunno :-k

And do you think she was actually contemplating letting Baby Brody drown? :shock:

It's almost creepy how much that baby looks like Brody :lol:

Hal-9000
10-06-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm calling that thing S.O.B.

(spawn of Brody) :lol:

One thing I really liked...when they showed the nephew walking in the rubble after the bomb I thought - Oh yeah he'll become militant and be wearing a vest in the next scene. Turns out he was totally passive and got thrown into a worse spot later..

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2014, 03:27 PM

Yup, good to see him being a moderate muslim that wants nothing to do with revenge and actually being pissed that his roommate uploaded the video. Would have been to cliched if he would have been the jihad kinda muslim.

Now, I assume that the guys who threatened him were the terrorist variety muslims? They were threatening him because he wasn't "angry enough" in the interviews he got surprised into being on? :-k

Hal-9000
10-06-2014, 03:52 PM
I didn't understand that part either...I only heard (or read) No more videos or interviews! :x

Yeah man I thought for a moment Carrie was going to drown lil Sob......:( would have been a brutal way to start the new season

Hal-9000
10-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Another thing I didn't like was Carrie getting out and walking the last few blocks to the embassy...down that bombed out war-zone street :lol:

ummm hello? Blonde, attractive American girl out for a stroll in Afghanistan? No matter what kind of security is walking behind her - TARGET

Hal-9000
10-06-2014, 04:28 PM
I liked the way Carrie acted around the baby...not even a glance in some scenes. Didn't even touch her that night she said - It's 5 am my time, I have to go to bed.

hard core avoidance or what :lol:

redred
10-06-2014, 04:33 PM
that baby is an ugly one :lol:

and poor quinn his mind is messed way up :lol:

Hal-9000
10-06-2014, 04:34 PM
loved Quinn tuning those guys up in the diner too :thumbsup:

best line I've heard in a long time - No, go ahead....I speak dumbass, tell me what's up guys :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2014, 05:49 PM
I didn't understand that part either...I only heard (or read) No more videos or interviews! :x

Me and the g/f were trying to figure it out, and that was the best explanation we could come up with :dunno:

Yeah man I thought for a moment Carrie was going to drown lil Sob......:( would have been a brutal way to start the new season

Yeah, just goes to show how fucked in the head she really is

Another thing I didn't like was Carrie getting out and walking the last few blocks to the embassy...down that bombed out war-zone street :lol:

ummm hello? Blonde, attractive American girl out for a stroll in Afghanistan? No matter what kind of security is walking behind her - TARGET

She's always done stupid/crazy shit like that :lol:

And at least she had military guards with her, I thought it was crazier for Sandy to be a white dude walking down the streets during the day off to meet his 'informant' after the whole wedding party got blowed the fuck up

I liked the way Carrie acted around the baby...not even a glance in some scenes. Didn't even touch her that night she said - It's 5 am my time, I have to go to bed.

hard core avoidance or what :lol:

Yeah, she definitely wants nothing to do with the baby....why the hell doesn't she just put it up for adoption? :confused:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2014, 05:49 PM
loved Quinn tuning those guys up in the diner too :thumbsup:

best line I've heard in a long time - No, go ahead....I speak dumbass, tell me what's up guys :lol:

That was awesome :tup:

Hal-9000
10-06-2014, 05:58 PM
and here's the house where I got arrested on the front lawn....here's the CIA building that was bombed...and oh look Sob, here's the very angry family of the guy who I boned, then was subsequently hanged for being a traitor...your Daddy :)

Hal-9000
11-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Loved it when Saul was giving that uncle the gears about how they've perverted a generation of Islamic believers and what he had read said nothing about killing etc

:thumbsup:

Hal-9000
11-11-2014, 05:16 PM
and Crazy Carrie is back....holy crap I wonder what they gave her? LSD??

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2014, 05:18 PM
I was starting to get PISSED when they tried to make it look like fucking Brody was still alive :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-11-2014, 05:21 PM
I was starting to get PISSED when they tried to make it look like fucking Brody was still alive :lol:

Hal-9000
11-11-2014, 05:23 PM

I was formulating my shark jumping post as I watched :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-24-2014, 01:03 PM
That might have been one of the best episodes of the entire series last night :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
11-24-2014, 03:52 PM
That might have been one of the best episodes of the entire series last night :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I thought Saul was going to be runway paint

Teh One Who Knocks
11-24-2014, 03:59 PM
They kept the tension level ratcheted all the way to 10 last night...and then when we saw that they were sneaking in to attack the embassy at the end :shock:

Yeah, they sure have made it look like Saul was gonna die a few different times now in the last few episodes...I wonder if that means he will eventually be a goner :(

Hal-9000
11-24-2014, 04:03 PM
triple fake out....kid with the vest, then the RPG's, then sneaking in through the tunnel.....I loved every minute of that episode

loved Carrie with the ambassador's husband...too bad he didn't get shot

Teh One Who Knocks
11-24-2014, 04:07 PM
The Ambassador's husband deserves a knife between the eyes.

And as for the convoy coming back, how many casualties? Carrie and Saul's SUV got hit in the ambush it appeared.

Hal-9000
11-24-2014, 04:31 PM
Everyone but Saul and Carrie I imagine...

and then Saul is eventually going to meet up with Al Fazier or whatever and kill him bare handed, only using his glasses as a weapon :x

loved the quick comment by Saul when the boy was putting on the vest - Hey, why don't you wear it you fucking coward..

Teh One Who Knocks
11-24-2014, 08:13 PM
I dunno, it wouldn't be very plausible if everyone in the convoy died EXCEPT for Saul and Carrie :-k

Hal-9000
11-24-2014, 08:15 PM
and Crazy Carrie is back....holy crap I wonder what they gave her? LSD??

YOU MAKE THE CALL

:dance: they gave her something that was twice as bad as LSD

Hal-9000
11-24-2014, 08:16 PM
I dunno, it wouldn't be very plausible if everyone in the convoy died EXCEPT for Saul and Carrie :-k

there will be some half dead security guys that Saul and Carrie will use as human shields...and if Saul is cold, Carrie will slit a marine and put Saul inside for comfort and warmth :)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Poor Quinn, he's gonna be inside the embassy compound when the terrorists break in and no marines around to defend the place :(

:rip:

Hal-9000
11-24-2014, 08:39 PM
Quinn rocks.....I think will he either go down in a blaze of glory (he has been looking awfully pouty this season, contract up?...), or he's gonna be a huge hero :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Damn this season has been awesome so far

redred
12-08-2014, 02:23 PM
:tup: the last show was crazy

Hal-9000
12-08-2014, 07:34 PM

:shifty:

Hal-9000
12-08-2014, 07:35 PM
:tup: the last show was crazy

I loved the subtle part with the Ambassador and her jackass husband in jail ..

No...you can't use my belt...

Hal-9000
12-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Ok, so Quinn rocks

He grabs one green marine, they both have handguns only and he has no problem taking out an undetermined amount of Taliban dudes lurking in the basement..

then later in the vault hallway, using his camera and then taking out another group of guys with hostages...

another great episode

Teh One Who Knocks
12-08-2014, 07:52 PM
I loved the subtle part with the Ambassador and her jackass husband in jail ..

No...you can't use my belt...

And the fucker still didn't off himself :x

Ok, so Quinn rocks

He grabs one green marine, they both have handguns only and he has no problem taking out an undetermined amount of Taliban dudes lurking in the basement..

then later in the vault hallway, using his camera and then taking out another group of guys with hostages...

another great episode

Yeah, but Quinn and the marine fucked up a bit IMO...when they killed the terrorists in the basement, and since they only had handguns, why didn't they take the rifles the terrorists were using. At least they wouldn't have been completely outgunned.

And :rip: Fara...I liked her. Great scene with Max telling Carrie she was mean to her....

Hal-9000
12-08-2014, 08:07 PM
yeah he talked about gaining a radio....why not the better firepower?

and Max should know Carrie has to be a hard ass by now....still a good scene though, yes

Hal-9000
12-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Before last week's show I was going to mention how we hadn't seen Carrie's baby for a long time :-k

Last week the sister Skypes Carrie and tells her that Dad is dead. Then a quick scene of Carrie saying hi to Sob..

This week Carries returns to the States and we find that Sob hasn't seen Mom for a year :lol: Also, Carrie's previously unmentioned mother is back on the scene...

So after 36 Americans die at the embassy during a complex terrorist operation starting with a RPG attack, after Saul being kidnapped, escaping and walking 20 miles at night, getting caught again by the kidnappers, then traded for five high profile terrorist prisoners, then almost getting blown up by a kid wearing a vest, after Lockhart having to trade sensitive spy info to get terrorists to stop killing hostages, and then Quinn killing terrorists and attempting to assassinate the head terrorist...then seeing Dar Adal riding with the head terrorist...

we get a finale with Sob and absentee-Mom :(

One would think that Carrie would have a few trials and depositions to attend :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Yup, what an absolutely pitiful finale after the great season :|

Hey, here's an idea, let's make the finale have almost nothing to do with the rest of the season and then end it with Carrie just driving around in her car listening to crappy smooth jazz! :cheers:

:|

PorkChopSandwiches
12-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Yeah Wtf, the season was awesome, then the last ep was a waste of time. At least she could have got naked and let Quinn hit it for us to see

Hal-9000
12-23-2014, 09:12 PM
Yup, what an absolutely pitiful finale after the great season :|

Hey, here's an idea, let's make the finale have almost nothing to do with the rest of the season and then end it with Carrie just driving around in her car listening to crappy smooth jazz! :cheers:

:|

Getting dangerously close to that season with about 5 episodes that went nowhere about Brody's daughter...

Hal-9000
12-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Yeah Wtf, the season was awesome, then the last ep was a waste of time. At least she could have got naked and let Quinn hit it for us to see

Carrie is a goer...Quinn should have bent her over that truck bumper and tail gated her..

and since we now know she has feelings for him.....:rip: Quinn

Hal-9000
10-19-2015, 05:24 PM
I honestly never knew that Sob was a girl...

And Crazy Carrie is back :wank: damn she plays that well...

and Quinn is an ultra badass now...was he supposed to clip Carrie??

Hal-9000
12-14-2015, 07:14 PM
This show rarely makes a bad misstep. During last week's episode they had 39 places to check for the possible location of Quinn/the terrorists.

Carrie and Astrid show up at a place and happen to find Quinn?? I realize they're both high level agents but two lone chicks with handguns and they luck out on the place?

[-(

redred
12-14-2015, 07:19 PM
they're aren't going to let 2 extra's find him are they :lol:

hey good news guys Kaiser and Ludwik have found Quinn and he's alive :woot:

Hal-9000
12-14-2015, 07:21 PM
Ludwik :lol:

two sketchy chicks with handguns against a whole terrorist cell?

:bye: see ya ladies

redred
12-14-2015, 07:23 PM
Ludwik :lol:

:lol: i google german names

Hal-9000
12-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Do you notice that Saul manages to throw a fuck you or a fuck off in almost every episode?

'Murica! :usa:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2015, 07:53 PM
Quinn :rip:

redred
12-14-2015, 07:55 PM
He'll be back

Hal-9000
12-14-2015, 07:57 PM
I liked the one terrorist's comment....I'm an Atheist! :x

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2015, 07:59 PM
I can't believe Allison is going to let the terrorist attack happen...I wonder how much the commie bastards are paying her? :-k

Hal-9000
12-14-2015, 08:04 PM
Eight million was the figure back when her other buddy was around...

Hal-9000
12-14-2015, 08:05 PM
I like how Saul hasn't brought up the surveillance footage of her banging the other dude...in the kitchen...right after he left that night :lol:

#Saulallclass

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2015, 08:05 PM
I hope that Saul tosses her in a gas chamber somewhere...did you see the rage on his face when he realized that she lied after he got Carrie's text about seeing the terrorists at the train station?

Hal-9000
12-14-2015, 08:08 PM
Yep and now everyone thinks because he's the spurned lover that all of his claims are sour grapes because of the relationship.

Carrie is going to kick the shite out of her :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Carrie's gonna die in the tunnel from the gas :rip:

Hal-9000
12-14-2015, 08:09 PM
Kinda weird she did the fake shot point blank against her shoulder. They can tell how close the weapon was..

Hal-9000
12-14-2015, 08:10 PM
Carrie's gonna die in the tunnel from the gas :rip:

:slap:

Next season on Homeland:

http://i.imgur.com/RaeYijS.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Kinda weird she did the fake shot point blank against her shoulder. They can tell how close the weapon was..

Yeah, and I'm sure she knew that, but I'm guessing she was taking the chance that they would believe her and wouldn't be initially checking for things like that. She also had her fingerprints all over the other gun used at the scene, she didn't even attempt to wipe them off

Hal-9000
12-14-2015, 08:16 PM
Ya I noticed the prints thing too...she uses her partner's gun to kill her partner, then pulls out her gun to shoot herself and terrorist guy? :-s Do I have that right? If so, it makes no sense.

Hal-9000
12-14-2015, 08:29 PM
Just rewatched...yes she used her partner's gun on the partner, then used her gun to shoot the terrorist and then used the partner's gun on herself.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2015, 08:45 PM
She's gonna die a horrible death I hope