PDA

View Full Version : How many of the...

ItsBlondie
02-25-2011, 03:50 AM
2011 Oscar nominated movies have you seen?

“Black Swan”
“The Fighter”
“Inception”
“The Kids Are All Right” Annette Bening was amazing.
“The King's Speech”
“127 Hours” Watched it twice. Brilliantly done. (I am officially in love with Franco)
“The Social Network” Got through half of it. Was a "lil slow.
“Toy Story 3” Liked Shrek 3 better.
“True Grit”
“Winter's Bone"

DemonGeminiX
02-25-2011, 04:35 AM
Sorry babydoll, but this topic belongs in here rather than Gen Chat.

And to answer your question, I went to see Inception and that's it. I haven't felt like seeing a whole lot of movies last year and I'm not really getting off to a good start this year either.

Max
02-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Zero...which is typical for me. I go to the movies for pure escape. Unless it's got a strong sci-fi or fantasy theme, I tend to avoid them. Other films I pass on because the actors in them make me want to spew chunks. Obviously "Inception" was sci-fi, but I would rather have a root canal than watch that donkey humper, Leonardo DiCaprio...so I passed on that.

I'll see the big comic book adaptations this summer, and a few others, but little more.

Pony
02-25-2011, 09:29 AM
I've seen Inception and Toy Story 3.

A couple more are on my wish list.

Tank
02-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Inception - mehh, was a good film. i never seem to get the films as all the critics do, theyr all lovey dovey pouring over them and i come out of the cinema all like, well it was ok, wouldnt say it was the best movie of all time.

i thought the same about the Social Network, again was a good watch, but ive seen othe films last year that had me more entertained and had more of a wow factor, i cant place any right now typicaly!

Toy Story 3 - was a good entertaining watch, i think seeing it with my young niece and haing her giggle might have made it more enjoyable than if i'd seen it with the misses. i also think the franchise is weaker now, TS 1 was groundbreaking and amasing for its time, but i think its being dragged out a little now, still visually stunning but the story just felt 'samey' as the others.

like i said above, ive seen plenty of films this year that top all the Oscar nominees that ive seen, but because they wernt critic favourites they wont get a look in. Expendables was an outstanding film, left me wanting nothing after seeing it except to want to watch it agian!

Tank
02-25-2011, 09:47 AM
forgot to ad, i want to see The Fighter. but only to judge if it is better than Rocky as a few friends have said :-k

Joebob034
02-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Only 1, Inception which I thought was pretty good

Godfather
02-25-2011, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=ItsBlondie;28193]2011 Oscar nominated movies have you seen?

“Black Swan” - Bat-shit crazy...
“The Fighter” - Haven't seen it but I heard it was The Wrestler excepting Boxing :lol:
“Inception” - Really enjoyable, brilliantly conceptualized. Seen it twice
“The Kids Are All Right"
“The King's Speech” - Keep meaning to see this, looks awesome
“127 Hours” - A good movie, that's about it
“The Social Network” - I enjoyed it, but it wasn't "Oscar" material I didn't think
“Toy Story 3” - pretty great, all these movies are
“True Grit” - awesome
“Winter's Bone" - See it! Great movie. A bit of a slow burn, but very well done! The girl who starred is spectacular in it

I didn't know until I saw this list that Winter's Bone was up for the Oscter :shock: That's awesome, really powerful film. I loved it.

I think The Social Network will probably win :roll: It has the audience and while it wasn't the best film of the year that doesn't always matter

Arkady Renko
02-25-2011, 07:08 PM
inception was fairly good, although I hated the soundtrack.

The kids are alright was above-average entertainment and even treated some interesting social problems, but I don't really see it as osker material. True Grit and balck swan are still sitting in my hard drive unwatched the King's speech is on its way there, too.

Godfather
02-25-2011, 07:09 PM
You hated the soundtrack!?!? I thought it was epic :lol:

Hanz Zimmer is amazing... Inception wasn't his best work, but I've loved him since I heard the Gladiator soundtrack and Black Hawk Down was spectacular too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLPL2gwlynk&feature=related

Arkady Renko
02-25-2011, 07:12 PM
man, as far as I'm concerned Hans Zimmer is evil incarnate, his soundtracks are so exaggerated and hectic that they often drown out all the "actual" sound of the movie. And apparently he doesn't believe that a movie should be without dramatic brass for more than 35 seconds either.

Godfather
02-25-2011, 07:14 PM
:shock:

Leave Hanz alone! You telling me the Black Hawk Down and Dark Knight soundtrack wasn't good enough!? :-k

Arkady Renko
02-25-2011, 07:19 PM
not for me they weren't. I'm more of a Howard Shore man as far as movie soundtracks are concerned...The Departed had an awesome soundtrack!

RBP
02-25-2011, 07:20 PM
I still have three left to see, but I'll watch them all before the awards Sunday.

Left on my list:

Toy Story 3
The Kids are All Right
Black Swan

Until I watch the rest I won't pick a winner, but I can assure you it won't be TS3. :lol:

Hal-9000
02-25-2011, 07:53 PM
'Winter's Bone'

*giggles*

I haven't seen the Kids are Alright, The King's Speech or The Fighter.
It should be one of the 3 above, based on what I've read about them.

I liked 127 hours and the way it was filmed, same with Inception.

Goofy
02-25-2011, 08:26 PM
"The Kids are alright"........... is that film about 'The Who'? :-k

Hal-9000
02-25-2011, 08:41 PM
*sings*

that deaf, dumb and blind kid...shore plays mean pinball!

LittleDevil
02-25-2011, 09:33 PM
I've seen the following movies:

Black Swan - It was entertaining, not bad but not great
The Fighter - Great movie. Christian Bale's performance is outstanding
The Social Network - Slow at first but once it got going I enjoyed it

Honestly, out of those 3 movies I've seen, the only one I think is Oscar-worthy is The Fighter. I definitely want to see Inception, The Kings' Speech & The Kids are Alright.