PDA

View Full Version : Dentist to buy back Halloween candy

Teh One Who Knocks
10-23-2011, 09:22 PM
The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/tR1Fd.jpg

MANSFIELD, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio dentist is offering to buy kids' trick-or-treating booty this Halloween, and he's even throwing in a toothbrush to sweeten the deal.

The Mansfield News Journal reports that dentist Craig Callen and his associates are offering kids $1 per pound of candy they bring in, with a 5-pound limit per child. The dentists are also holding a drawing for two children's bikes.

Callen says brushing teeth and visiting a dentist are good preventive measures, but doing away with excess sweets would give teeth a healthy boost.

Callen says candy can lead to hyperactivity and weight gain and can be especially damaging to children's braces.

samarchepas
10-23-2011, 09:29 PM
The Associated Press

MANSFIELD, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio dentist is offering to buy kids' trick-or-treating booty this Halloween, and he's even throwing in a toothbrush to sweeten the deal.

The Mansfield News Journal reports that dentist Craig Callen and his associates are offering kids $1 per pound of candy they bring in, with a 5-pound limit per child. The dentists are also holding a drawing for two children's bikes.

Callen says brushing teeth and visiting a dentist are good preventive measures, but doing away with excess sweets would give teeth a healthy boost.

Callen says candy can lead to hyperactivity and weight gain and can be especially damaging to children's braces.
:lol:...He forgot that Halloween is actually GOOD for business for dentists in the first place? :-k

JoeyB
10-23-2011, 10:24 PM
The Associated Press

I'm gonna make the same deal here...1 buck for a pound of candy? Fuck paying supermarket prices!

:lol:...He forgot that Halloween is actually GOOD for business for dentists in the first place? :-k

Well, this is priceless advertising and just a minor blip on the candy consumption radar...plus, some dentists really do give a shit, so, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Muddy
10-23-2011, 10:40 PM
He's just looking for free publicity..

JoeyB
10-23-2011, 10:56 PM
He's just looking for free publicity..

I'm telling you, it's the cheap candy he wants...

Muddy
10-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Very well could be.. A buck a pound is dirt cheap...