PDA

View Full Version : Cops: Hummer-driving woman, 42, took teen boys to sites for sex

Teh One Who Knocks
02-25-2011, 09:05 PM
By Sophia Kazmi - Contra Costa Times

http://i.imgur.com/i1BUJ.jpg

PLEASANTON -- A Livermore woman accused of having sex with two teen boys pleaded no contest Thursday to four felony charges and will be sentenced to five years in state prison.

The plea was part of a deal with the Alameda County District Attorney's Office, which dropped 63 other felony sex charges against Christine Shreeve Hubbs, 42. An unrelated misdemeanor case against her also was dropped.

She is scheduled to be sentenced March 25 to five years in state prison. Once released, she will be on parole for as long as 10 years and must register as sex offender for the rest of her life.

Hubbs pleaded no contest to one count of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor younger than 16 and three counts of a lewd act on a child.

Livermore police arrested Hubbs in August after they suspected her of having sexual relations with two teenagers. According to court records, the mother of one of the boys went to police and reported finding a nude photo of Hubbs on her son's cell phone.

The boy told police that he met with Hubbs multiple times for sex acts and twice went with her to a hotel to have sex.

During their investigation, police learned of a second boy, who said he had a sexual relationship with Hubbs.

Police said the incidents occurred from December 2008 to July 2010.

Investigators say Hubbs communicated with the teens through text messages and at times used her cell phone to send sexual messages and nude pictures
of herself.

According to court records, the boys, who were 14 and 15 years old at the time, said she gave them gifts, mostly gift cards, and money. The records say she also drove them in her black 2006 Hummer to various sites in Livermore and elsewhere in Alameda County to engage in sexual activity.

Five of the misdemeanor charges that Hubbs had faced stemmed from an unrelated incident in June, in which she was accused of driving recklessly while a group of boy passengers shot Airsoft pistols from the window of her Hummer.

Hubbs is married and has three children, according to her Facebook page. She has been in custody at Santa Rita Jail in Dublin since her arrest. Her bail was set at $4.3 million.

Outside the courtroom Thursday, her attorney Michael Cardoza said Hubbs expressed sympathy and remorse for what happened. Taking the deal allows her to move her life forward, he said, and allows the two boys involved to move on as well.

"She has accepted responsibility," Cardoza said. "She is accepting that she has to be punished for what she did."

Her sentencing is scheduled for March 25 at Alameda County Superior Court in Hayward.

RBP
02-25-2011, 09:36 PM
:| 5 years. uh huh.

KevinD
02-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Considering that's a booking picture, she doesn't look bad at all for 42 (my age). That said...lord help me if that had been me with two girls under 15......

Godfather
02-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Another one...

Just today there was a hung jury here in the case of a female teacher having sex with a male student

The paper said 'the affair' begin 3 years ago and spoke of their 'relationship' :roll:

It was a clear cut case of statutory rape and the jury couldn't agree it was a crime she was guilty of :wha:

Max
02-26-2011, 01:07 AM
If this would have been a 42 year old man diddling 14 and 15 year old girls, they'd being getting a noose ready.

Hal-9000
02-26-2011, 01:44 AM
they dropped 63 OTHER felony charges and 4.3 million for bail?????

hey RBP...things are looking up

RBP
02-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Better, but would the charges have been dropped at all if it were a man? No way a man would only get 5 years for multiple molestations.

Hal-9000
02-26-2011, 03:32 AM
I'm curious as to the reasoning behind dropping 63 charges beyond what she's currently being charged for? A plea bargain if she plead guilty???

You'd think with testimony and pictures that the lads have...she'd be found guilty anyway

RBP
02-26-2011, 03:35 AM
yeah avoid a trial I suppose, but I think that only happens here because she's female.

KevinD
02-26-2011, 04:49 AM
shakes head.. I dunno. I stil stand by my thoughts. If for some reason, myself being 42, I got caught having sex with a 14-16yo girl, I'd be locked up forever, and if I ever came back on here, it would be as "Bubba's baby boy"
TBH, I'm kinda on the line as for what counts as consent. As I have matured over the years, I have noticed that there are some girls, and some boys who are indeed ready for sexual relations before the legally recognized age. That said, there is something inherently wrong with a person my age (42) having sex with a teen (of any age.
When I was 15 or so, I would (and still would kinda) have taken sex however I could get it, though even then I knew there were boundaries that weren't crossed. For the most part , I couldn't stand the teenie girls my age, and tended to date a few years older than myself. To this day, though I may enjoy the sight of a teen (legal) girl, I would, even if the opportunity was there, try to let her know that though she may be beautiful, she needs to be with someone her age, if that makes sense.