PDA

View Full Version : Disgraced TV weather girl Heidi Jones sentenced to 350 hours of community service - and avoids jail - in 'fake rape' case

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2011, 02:30 PM
By Daily Mail Reporter

http://i.imgur.com/vMXuX.jpg

The former TV meteorologist who conjured up a story about being raped while jogging in New York's Central Park learned her fate today in court.

Heidi Jones, 37, will serve 350 hours community service after admitting fabricating the attack last year.

The New York Post reported that Ms Jones read a statement before Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Richard Carruthers.

She said: 'I just want to take a moment to express my sincere and profound apology to all who were involved.'

Had she not taken a plea deal, Ms Jones would have faced up to two years in prison for filing a false claim to police.

The ex-ABC forecaster was also slapped with three years of probation and mandatory psychiatric counselling, the New York Daily News reported.

Jones, 37, who worked for WABC/Channel 7 and filled in on 'Good Morning America' in the past, was given 350 hours because it matched the amount of time the NYPD used on her case, prosecutors said.

http://i.imgur.com/gfGW1.jpg

Ms Jones told police she'd been attacked by a Hispanic man while jogging in Central Park, and again near her apartment, but prosecutors later said she 'made it up for attention.'

After police confronted her with discrepancies in her version of events, she admitted inventing the story, blaming her stressful job.

She originally claimed she was attacked while running. She only reported it to police two months after the supposed incident after the same man approached her outside her home, she said.

Detectives made lengthy investigations, scouring surveillance video and appealing for witnesses, sources said.

Returning empty handed, they questioned Jones again, uncovering inconsistencies as she repeated her account.

When confronted with the discrepancies Jones allegedly admitted that she made up the story in a bid for sympathy.

She reportedly told detectives: ‘I did make this up. I made it up for attention. I have so much stress at work, with my personal life and with my family.'

She allegedly added in a statement to investigators: ‘I know there is no justification for it.’

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2011, 02:31 PM
This is just unbelievable...it's because of stupid bitches like this that so many women don't report rapes. I disagree with the sentence, she should been tossed in jail, then maybe she would have gotten her wish, Bertha would give her all the rape attention she wants.

Muddy
10-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Dumb bitch...

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 03:39 PM
WTF trying to ruin someones life and only get 350 of community service

Deepsepia
10-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Reason #1 why "innocent until proven guilty" is necessary: sometimes accusations are false.

Godfather
10-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Wow... that's psychotic, never heard of this case.

Why isn't she in jail?

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 06:52 PM
This is just unbelievable...it's because of stupid bitches like this that so many women don't report rapes. I disagree with the sentence, she should been tossed in jail, then maybe she would have gotten her wish, Bertha would give her all the rape attention she wants.

Agreed and if they would have charged a guy, his life is ruined forever unless she comes clean or is caught up in her lies..

Acid Trip
10-27-2011, 07:09 PM
They should make her pay back all the money used to investigate her false claim.

DemonGeminiX
10-27-2011, 07:13 PM
No one will believe her if she actually gets raped now.

:-s

Anyone up for a little surprise buttsex?

:shifty:

Muddy
10-27-2011, 07:14 PM
The story of Chicken Little... I mean, The boy who cried wolf..

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Jack and the beanstalk

Muddy
10-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Thats the one I was thinking of.....

Muddy
10-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Never count your beans before they hatch!

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 07:24 PM
reminds me of cat on a hot tin roof

Muddy
10-27-2011, 07:26 PM
A bird in the hand...... Is worth 2 in her Bush! :dance:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 07:34 PM
http://www.lat34.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/bushwackers.jpg