PDA

View Full Version : High School Teacher Pleads Insanity in Alleged Football Team Sex Scandal

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2011, 03:28 PM
By Stephen M. Silverman - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/2ofTm.jpg

A verdict may be reached as early as Thursday in the case of an Ohio high school teacher who allegedly had sex with five players on the school's football team, then claimed insanity as a defense.

Stacy Schuler, 33, pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to 16 felony counts of sexual battery and three misdemeanor counts of providing alcohol to minors, reports the Cincinnati Enquirer. Schuler faces a maximum of 80 years in prison should she be convicted on all counts.

Attorneys for Schuler, who resigned from her post as a health and physical education teacher at Springboro's Mason High School last February, reportedly have argued that the alleged sexual acts may never have occurred, as Schuler has no memory of them.

But two young men who testified during this week's trial, which began Monday, described Schuler's greeting them in her home, flirting and massaging them with oil. They then continued in either the bathroom or bedroom, reports Cincinnati TV station WKRC.

Another student, a girl who served as Schuler's teacher's aide for three years, testified on Tuesday that when she visited Schuler after graduation her former teacher said she feared for her job after something had happened with some students.

"She told me that if anyone ever found out she already had her defense planned out and that she'd try to say that she was insane," the young woman said in court.

Schuler never testified on her own behalf. But the defense did call to the stand former students who spoke of Schuler's dedication to her profession and the help she offered them. According to WKRC, their testimony painted a portrait of a teacher so nice that she admitted to having a difficult time setting boundaries.

The Enquirer also quoted from the testimony of Kenneth Manges, a Cincinnati forensic psychologist who, after evaluating Schuler, said, "I believe she had a severe mental disease when she participated in those sexual acts with those guys."

Speaking on the stand, Manges went on to say that Schuler meets the legal definition of "insane," because the combination of medical conditions, medications and alcohol use crated a "perfect storm" that kept her from comprehending the wrongfulness of her alleged sex with teen boys.

MrsM
10-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Guilty - but 80 yrs is a little steep

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 03:36 PM
rbp will be proud

RBP
10-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Guilty - but 80 yrs is a little steep

Would you say that if it was a male teacher and 5 cheerleaders?

rbp will be proud

:tup: But she won't get anywhere near that, betcha.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 07:49 PM
its the thought that counts

JoeyB
10-27-2011, 08:08 PM

I'd say GREAT JOB and high five the shit out of him.

Acid Trip
10-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Fuck prison. Make her spend the rest of her life in an insane asylum with no possibility for release. She'll get the spend the rest of her life conversing with actual crazy people.

She'll regret ever calling herself insane within a week.

Muddy
10-27-2011, 08:10 PM

:lol: for real..

RBP
10-27-2011, 08:13 PM

:shakefist:

RBP
10-27-2011, 08:14 PM

don't encourage him :slap:

Muddy
10-27-2011, 08:14 PM
You know that was funny... :lol:

RBP
10-27-2011, 08:15 PM
You know that was funny... :lol:

:|

Muddy
10-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Any ol' basturd that bangs 5, 17 year old or so, high school cheerleaders at the same time is a friggin' champ!

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 08:30 PM

Perfect smiley :lol:

MrsM
10-27-2011, 08:45 PM

:tup: But she won't get anywhere near that, betcha.

If they were 17 and it was consensual - I wouldn't think any different - anyone who thinks that a 17 yr old girl or boy doesn't know how their body works or if they really wanted sex (or not) is fooling themselves. I think he/she should lose their job and be blacklisted from teaching again - but 80 yrs in jail - come on

If he/she raped just one student - they would get less time in jail. Rape of one person over consensual sex of 5 is so many levels worse.

JoeyB
10-27-2011, 08:51 PM

Any ol' basturd that bangs 5, 17 year old or so, high school cheerleaders at the same time is a friggin' champ!

HAHA Muddy...some day I will buy you a beer. And really, I rarely even drink so that's an honor.

RBP...did you really think asking about a guy sleeping with 17 year old cheerleaders would end well?

RBP
10-27-2011, 08:52 PM
If they were 17 and it was consensual - I wouldn't think any different - anyone who thinks that a 17 yr old girl or boy doesn't know how their body works or if they really wanted sex (or not) is fooling themselves. I think he/she should lose their job and be blacklisted from teaching again - but 80 yrs in jail - come on

If he/she raped just one student - they would get less time in jail. Rape of one person over consensual sex of 5 is so many levels worse.

When it's a teacher in Ohio, the law is specific about it being sexual battery. So by definition is coercive and not consensual.

The problem is that they let female teachers off easy, there's no examples made so it perpetuates.

RBP
10-27-2011, 08:54 PM
RBP...did you really think asking about a guy sleeping with 17 year old cheerleaders would end well?

I have yet to see a story posted about a male teacher that doesn't elicit a lynch mob mentality. I have always maintained that it's a ridiculous double standard. My position hasn't changed.

Muddy
10-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Why do you care so much, mi amigo?

RBP
10-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Why do you care so much, mi amigo?

Men's rights are a trigger. just are.

JoeyB
10-27-2011, 09:00 PM
I have yet to see a story posted about a male teacher that doesn't elicit a lynch mob mentality. I have always maintained that it's a ridiculous double standard. My position hasn't changed.

Actually...on multiple occasions I have entered such threads and spoken up AGAINST the mob mentality, and made a point to clarify that someone attracted to a seventeen year old is not a pedophile...seventeen year olds have fully developed bodies and appear just like any other adult female. A pedophile is attracted to children, not adults.

The technicality of it disturbs me...labeling some a pedo for life because they slept with someone who is seventeen...it is a deep injustice.

RBP
10-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Actually...on multiple occasions I have entered such threads and spoken up AGAINST the mob mentality, and made a point to clarify that someone attracted to a seventeen year old is not a pedophile...seventeen year olds have fully developed bodies and appear just like any other adult female. A pedophile is attracted to children, not adults.

The technicality of it disturbs me...labeling some a pedo for life because they slept with someone who is seventeen...it is a deep injustice.

Agreed. There also need to be justice for the 5 students who were sexually assaulted by a teacher. I am calling bullshit on anyone who tells me they would say "so what" to a male teacher that sexually assaulted 5 girls.

Muddy
10-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Men's rights are a trigger. just are.

I can dig it.. We all have our hot topics.. Our passions..

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 09:44 PM
I like how she gave them alcohol and then claimed insanity.

Plying someone with alcohol = premeditation = guilt.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2011, 09:59 PM
They just said the jury came back with a verdict a few minutes ago....4 years in prison with parole eligibility after 6 months

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 10:01 PM
The teacher's aid spilled the beans

RBP
10-27-2011, 10:11 PM
They just said the jury came back with a verdict a few minutes ago....4 years in prison with parole eligibility after 6 months

Nice... low, but at least she got jail time unlike so many other female perps.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Nice... low, but at least she got jail time unlike so many other female perps.

You know she'll only do the 6 months, right? They could have given her the full 80 she was facing and they would have still tacked on the parole eligibility after 6 months thing

RBP
10-27-2011, 10:23 PM
You know she'll only do the 6 months, right? They could have given her the full 80 she was facing and they would have still tacked on the parole eligibility after 6 months thing

I hope not. That would be the typical bullshit.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2011, 10:25 PM
I hope not. That would be the typical bullshit.

I'm telling you here and now, she's out in the 6 months ;)

RBP
10-27-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm telling you here and now, she's out in the 6 months ;)

I hope we can find that out. :villagers:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2011, 10:27 PM
I hope we can find that out. :villagers:

I can put it on the calendar so it will show up and remind us to check in 6 months

RBP
10-27-2011, 10:28 PM
I can put it on the calendar so it will show up and remind us to check in 6 months

cool thanks...

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 10:34 PM
*disguises self as high school football player and goes deeeeeep undercover for the cause*

8-[

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2011, 10:35 PM
cool thanks...

Done :tup:

I set it for April 27th as I assume she was immediately remanded into custody to start serving her sentence.

RBP
10-27-2011, 10:38 PM
*disguises self as high school football player and goes deeeeeep undercover for the cause*

8-[

Is this like the Elk again?

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 10:40 PM

coming up in another thread...you'll get there :lol:

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 10:41 PM

No man, I'll be the fresh faced young male trying to catch the semi-attractive female teacher when she gets all touchy-feely.I will do it for the cause :thumbsup:

RBP
10-27-2011, 10:43 PM
No man, I'll be the fresh faced young male trying to catch the semi-attractive female teacher when she gets all touchy-feely.I will do it for the cause :thumbsup:

fresh-faced :lmao:
young :lmao:

Male is even questionable!! :lol:

Hal-9000
10-27-2011, 10:46 PM
they have masks you know :lol:

what a twerp you are

*kicks RBP in his pea sized testicles*

now check out the Stodden thread for the second last entry

deebakes
10-28-2011, 01:26 AM
:hitit: