PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry Owners Flock to IPhone 4S in Record Numbers

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 04:19 PM
BlackBerry owners are trading in their devices in record numbers, highlighting RIM’s struggles and Apple’s expected success with the iPhone 4S.

Gazelle, an online tech product buyer, said the number of BlackBerry trades is up from its record highs earlier this month, citing an 80 percent increase last week. Android trade-ins, along with old models of the iPhone, also spiked.

Users’ sudden increased fleeing of BlackBerry phones follows the recent outages of Research in Motion’s service. BlackBerry users all over the world were left without Internet and instant messaging capabilities for days as RIM struggled to fix the problem. The outages may have been the final straw for many BlackBerry users contemplating moving on to another smartphone.

Apple’s release of the iPhone 4S in the midst of BlackBerry service outages, poor sales, and RIM’s management dissention, may have combined to trigger the increased user trade-ins.

Gazelle also began running a national television ad campaign shortly before the release of the 4S to alert users of the site’s existence. The Gazelle commercials inform viewers of the company’s buy-back program for old electronics in a fast and efficient way and tell potential traders they “may get more than they think.”

But the 4S may not be the only device causing smartphone users to trade-up and buy. New smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S2 and Motorola Droid Bionic may be target landing spots for those trading in old devices, and trade-ins of old handsets will likely continue as top-flight smartphones such as the Motorola Droid Razr and Samsung Galaxy Nexus hit the market next month.

RIM currently offers no phones that are in nearly as high demand as its competitors. The company’s new BlackBerry 7 devices have performed poorly, which means most customers trading in old devices aren’t doing so to pick up the new Torch. RIM is banking on phones running the BBX operating system to save the company, but those aren’t coming until next year.

Customers trading in their iPhones and Android devices are likely ending up with an updated model of those phones, but those sending Gazelle their BlackBerries are more likely to be saying goodbye to the brand for good.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Blackberry to Apple....from complete fail to slightly less fail :lol:

Muddy
10-27-2011, 04:24 PM
Despite all the 15 year old haters invidious viewpoints. The iphones a nice unit.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 04:24 PM
I have a nice unit

MrsM
10-27-2011, 04:26 PM
iPhone FTW :tup:

Deepsepia
10-27-2011, 04:27 PM
I have a nice unit

People say the berries have turned black, though.

Seriously, I had a Blackberry years ago, and I thought they were geniuses at the time, was so much better than what I'd had before. It really sucks that they could screw up something that worked so well.

Godfather
10-27-2011, 04:29 PM
I can't wait for the new bold :mrgreen: Touch screen, keyboard, sleek, 4G and BBX is going be great.

All smack talk against RIM will be considered an act of war on the nation of Canada from here-forward :x

Muddy
The times are changing... With proper apps the Blackberrys not needed.

PorkChopSandwiches
People say the berries have turned black, though.

Seriously, I had a Blackberry years ago, and I thought they were geniuses at the time, was so much better than what I'd had before. It really sucks that they could screw up something that worked so well.

:lol:

Yeah, in the beginning they were the shit, but its amazing how poorly they kept up and continued to release one POS after the next.

DemonGeminiX
I have a nice unit

:hand:

No one wants to hear about the 12-inch strap-on you bought for your wife to use on you.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 04:30 PM
I can't wait for the new bold :mrgreen: Touch screen, keyboard, sleek, 4G and BBX is going be great.

All smack talk against RIM will be considered an act of war on the nation of Canada from here-forward :x

Hahahahahaha, what can you possibly see in the BB with all these other options? unless its strictly because they are Canadian.

Teh One Who Knocks

http://i.imgur.com/8fgmI.jpg

Oh, hello there Mr Blackberry :)

PorkChopSandwiches
:hand:

No one wants to hear about the 12-inch strap-on you bought for your wife to use on you.

18 :meatspin:

Muddy
10-27-2011, 04:31 PM
I havent seen that emote in a while... :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 04:32 PM
It just got added yesterday :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2011, 04:33 PM
It just got added yesterday :dance:

Wait till you get the bill, it's not easy adding new smileys :hand:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Wait till you get the bill, it's not easy adding new smileys :hand:

Kindly bill MG

Muddy
10-27-2011, 04:34 PM
:meatspin:

Muddy
10-27-2011, 04:35 PM
ooooooohh

Godfather
10-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Hahahahahaha, what can you possibly see in the BB with all these other options? unless its strictly because they are Canadian.

They're professional, I love BBM, the full keyboard vs. a touch sceen is a huge perk. iPhones are inferior to Android devices, and the Android OS handles like a kids toy.

Just my opinion :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 04:37 PM
They're professional, I love BBM, the full keyboard vs. a touch sceen is a huge perk. iPhones are inferior to Android devices, and the Android OS handles like a kids toy.

Full keyboard, got it on my Droid 2, touch screen got it on my Droid 2, tons of apps got it on my Droid 2. Constant network failures DONT got it on my Droid 2

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Also, you do have the luxury off half the screen real estate of all other smart phones, so thats nice too.

Muddy
DROOOOOOOOID

MrsM
if it was strictly for business then I would probably have gotten another BB - but since my work device becomes my device where I can do and install what I want on it - then I wanted more than BB's could offer.

I agree that typing on a touch screen is not as easy as the BB keyboard - but it's not that bad

Muddy
10-27-2011, 04:39 PM
tYPING IN GENERAL ON ANY LITTLE HANDHELD DEVICE IS GOING TO BE A BITCH... kEYBOARD OR NOT. fukkin caps lock.. grrr

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Full keyboard, got it on my Droid 2, touch screen got it on my Droid 2, tons of apps got it on my Droid 2. Constant network failures DONT got it on my Droid 2

:burn:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Hahahahaha, you cant even type on a regular size

Muddy
10-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Hahahahaha, you cant even type on a regular size

:QFT:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2011, 04:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/CrFHQ.jpg