PDA

View Full Version : Jealous Billy Ray Cyrus Tried "Stealing" Miley's Spotlight

Teh One Who Knocks
02-26-2011, 02:31 AM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/iiAKx.jpg

Billy Ray Cyrus played the part of a concerned father in a recent GQ interview, but the 49-year-old country crooner may have had ulterior motives for airing his family's dirty laundry.

Referring to daughter Miley Cyrus' wild antics -- including a bong-smoking video and an onstage pole dance at the Teen Choice Awards -- the "Achy Breaky Heart" singer told the mag he's "scared" she'll wind up like other flamed-out icons Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith and Kurt Cobain.

But an insider tells the new issue of Us Weekly (on stands now) that Billy Ray -- who appeared alongside his daughter on Disney Channel's Hannah Montana for five years -- "totally pushed Miley into being a star!"

Indeed, a second source tells Us that the Tennessee native's feelings stem more from jealousy than concern.

"He was always upset he didn't get as much as attention as Miley," the source tells Us. "This is his way of stealing the spotlight."

Billy Ray -- who's in the midst of a divorce with Tish Cyrus, his wife of 17 years -- told GQ that he never profited off his daughter's success, but a third insider scoffs at his claim. "Let's face it: Hannah Montana revived his career as much as it made Miley's," the insider tells Us.

Hal-9000
02-26-2011, 03:04 AM
you know...I have nothing against the guy.He supported his daughter in a tough industry and I think instilled some damn good values despite the Vanity Fair shoot and her bong video.

She seems to be different than other young stars (read Britney and LiHo) I believe things could be a lot worse for other young girls in this position.He has to be responsible for some of her good behavior.

How can he help NOT being in the spotlight with a famous daughter? How can he NOT profit off of her career? If I had a juvenile daughter with a following like Miley had when she was 14, 15, 16,
I'm sure part of my house would come from her paychecks.If he really thinks that his time is over and needs to bolster his own spotlight, why not cut another album?

Joebob034
02-26-2011, 04:55 PM
I think everyone came to this conclusion long ago