PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens: I Can't Afford My Child Support Payments

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 01:34 PM
By the TMZ Staff

http://i.imgur.com/mp7El.jpg

Times are tough for Terrell Owens -- so much so the currently former NFL star is asking a judge to lower his child support payments ... TMZ has learned.

Owens, who is currently not an NFL roster, wants to reduce the payments he's making for a son he shares with baby mama Monique Reynolds ... because, according to his rep, he's simply not getting paid these days.

The rep says Owens wants to make the payments a little more reasonable, adding, "His child support payments should mirror his income today and not be based on his income from over four years ago."

Owens was due in court in Northern California for child support modification hearing on October 24, but didn't show up. His rep says his lawyers tried to reschedule, but lawyers for Reynolds refused.

T.O.'s audition for prospective NFL teams -- the one nobody showed up to -- was the next day.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 01:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PaE8G.png

This is what Owens made (so far) over the course of his career

:-s

PorkChopSandwiches
10-31-2011, 02:49 PM
But how much are the payments?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 02:55 PM
He should be able to afford it no matter what....dude had nearly $18 million up front the last 2 years he played. He should be set for life...

PorkChopSandwiches
10-31-2011, 02:59 PM
He should be able to afford it no matter what....dude had nearly $18 million up front the last 2 years he played. He should be set for life...

You are confusing a football player with someone that had to really earn that kind of money, Im sure he's blown through most of it.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 03:06 PM
:lol:

You are probably right...one thing I will never understand is how people can blow through that kinda money and not have anything left. Owens made more than $60 million during his career....

PorkChopSandwiches
10-31-2011, 03:11 PM
You notice when someone had to "work" for the money they are a lot more frugal. When you just get money handed to you for sports or acting or being a musician they seem to just blast through the cash and if they cant stay relevant they end up broke. Look at Tyson, Lohan, Bonaduce :lol:

Joebob034
10-31-2011, 03:20 PM
he could always take that arena football job

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 03:24 PM
he could always take that arena football job

He's currently trying to get back into the NFL

Godfather
10-31-2011, 03:42 PM
I didn't know he wasn't in the NFL, is it his attitude or his work ethic that has caused him to not have work?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 03:44 PM
I didn't know he wasn't in the NFL, is it his attitude or his work ethic that has caused him to not have work?

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe he got injured his last year he was playing (2009 w/Buffalo)

PorkChopSandwiches
10-31-2011, 03:45 PM
He had knee surgery, but he is a cancer on any team, I dont think anybody wants him.

Joebob034
10-31-2011, 03:50 PM
he had the public workout where no NFL teams showed up and he looked like he recovered from that surgery but his attitude is definitely what's keeping him off a team

PorkChopSandwiches
10-31-2011, 03:53 PM
That and he keeps trying to kill himself :roll:

TMZ has obtained the 911 call placed moments before Terrell Owens was rushed to an L.A. hospital for a possible pill overdose on October 6 -- and according to Terrell's assistant, T.O. was trying to kill himself.

During the call, placed at 11:02 PM, the dispatcher asks the assistant on the phone, "Was this a suicide attempt?" -- and she responds, "Yes, I believe so."

While she was on the phone with the dispatcher, the woman claims T.O. was "talking to his girlfriend, ex-girlfriend ... [I]don't really know what you wanna call it."

T.O.'s rep declined to comment.

T.O. was famously hospitalized back in 2006 for a similar incident -- when he insisted he had a bad reaction to painkillers ... despite reports he tried to commit suicide by swallowing 35 Vicodin pills.

T.O. later held a news conference on the matter and stated, "The rumor of me taking 35 pills, I think is absurd. I don't think I would be here if I had taken 35 pills."

911 Call (http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_audio/102911_terrell_owens_911_v2.mp3)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Yup, he's a complete headcase that will destroy the chemistry on any team he goes to. All TO cares about is TO and nothing else.

JoeyB
10-31-2011, 07:56 PM
:lol:

You are probably right...one thing I will never understand is how people can blow through that kinda money and not have anything left. Owens made more than $60 million during his career....

Yeah but, you lose a big chunk of that to taxes, another big chunk to your agent, and there are other things siphoning that off. He didn't really pocked anywhere near 60 million. That said...I'd like to have had his sort of salary the last ten years.

You notice when someone had to "work" for the money they are a lot more frugal. When you just get money handed to you for sports or acting or being a musician they seem to just blast through the cash and if they cant stay relevant they end up broke. Look at Tyson, Lohan, Bonaduce :lol:

Did Danny Bonaduce ever really have much that cash though? I mean...he was a child star in the early seventies, that wasn't the big money era. And the Partridge Family has never enjoyed the same success in syndication as say, The Brady Bunch.

I love Bonaduce on The World's Dumbest, if you watch that.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Did Danny Bonaduce ever really have much that cash though? I mean...he was a child star in the early seventies, that wasn't the big money era. And the Partridge Family has never enjoyed the same success in syndication as say, The Brady Bunch.

I love Bonaduce on The World's Dumbest, if you watch that.

I dont know, but he is the king of meltdown

deebakes
11-01-2011, 01:20 AM
:rofl:

:rip: t.o.

JoeyB
11-01-2011, 05:34 AM
I dont know, but he is the king of meltdown

Yeah, Danny does some weird shit. I imagine, for instance, that sometimes it is runny and perhaps orange in tone.