PDA

View Full Version : Hero Dad Kidnaps Daughter's Rapist to Finally Bring Her Justice

PorkChopSandwiches
10-31-2011, 03:21 PM
The words "world's best dad" are embroidered on hats and printed on t-shirts all over this country, but a Frenchman named Andre Bamberski just cornered the market on paternal superlatives. After three decades spent trying to find justice for his daughter's rape and murder in 1982, Bamberski found the man he says did it, kidnapped him in Germany, and placed him in the hands of police in France. Can you really blame him?

I know, I just came out and supported an international crime. But just the thought of someone hurting my little girl raises my hackles. I still hold a grudge against the kid who kicked sand in her face on the first day of kindergarten. Yes, I have a grudge against a (now) 6-year-old. I'm not proud of it. But I'm a parent; protecting my daughter became priority number one the minute I saw that second line on the pregnancy test. Forevermore, that will be my job.

Andre Bamberski has spent almost 30 years living with the knowledge that his daughter wasn't just hurt. She was sexually abused and killed. And no one has ever had to pay for the crime. Losing a child can tear marriages apart and even prompt some parents to take their own lives to escape the pain. That Bamberski kept fighting is a sign of incredible strength, or maybe of the importance of his mission?

According to The New York Times, Dieter Krombach was married to Bamberski's ex-wife, and hence stepfather to 14-year-old Kalinka. French police say the German doctor raped and then killed his stepdaughter at his home in Germany. But Krombach has resisted French officials' requests that he come into their country for questioning for the past 29 years. The German government, claiming there isn't sufficient evidence to suggest he played a role in the girl's death, has likewise refused to extradite him.

Bamberski's decision to kidnap Krombach couldn't have been easy. He tried legal channels, and felt like he was failing to live up to his duty as a dad. So he took the illegal route. He became a criminal for his daughter's sake. At 72, he's now an old man who will have to face charges for sneaking the doctor across the border. But that likely won't happen until after he gets to sit through Krombach's murder trial in a Parisian courtroom.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah, as much as you want to support bringing justice to people, vigilantism isn't the way to do it.

Softdreamer
10-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Its not like he exacted revenge on this man, there appears to be no violence.
Morally what he did was greater than any bail bondsman and bounty hunter.

BTW, I have a daughter so im slightly biased

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 03:42 PM
Its not like he exacted revenge on this man, there appears to be no violence.
Morally what he did was greater than any bail bondsman and bounty hunter.

BTW, I have a daughter so im slightly biased

No violence? :-s

He kidnapped someone....do you think he just showed up on that guy's doorstep one day and said "I want you to come with me" and the guy went willingly?

Godfather
10-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Yeah, as much as you want to support bringing justice to people, vigilantism isn't the way to do it.

I agree.

I thought you were more of an 'eye for an eye' type of guy though lance :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
10-31-2011, 03:46 PM
I would do this, in this scenario. I may not have got back with him, possibly just finished him where I found him.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 03:52 PM
I agree.

I thought you were more of an 'eye for an eye' type of guy though lance :-k

I am....thru the justice system ;)

I am very pro-capital punishment and am 100% behind harsh sentences for people like this. I don't like how 'bleeding heart' the justice system in the US has become with people thinking rapists and pedophiles and the like can be 'rehabilitated'. If anything, rape and sexual abuse of a child (below a certain age) should be capital crimes IMHO.

*But if something happened like this to my sister/daughter/mother and the legal system did nothing, I would most likely have hunted him down and put a bullet between his eyes ;)

samarchepas
10-31-2011, 04:04 PM
*But if something happened like this to my sister/daughter/mother and the legal system did nothing, I would most likely have hunted him down and put a bullet between his eyes ;)
That's pretty much what he did...without the "Put a bullet between his eyes" part :lol: Took him and gave him to the French police.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 04:09 PM
That's pretty much what he did...without the "Put a bullet between his eyes" part :lol: Took him and gave him to the French police.

If you are gonna commit a crime in the name of vengeance, you don't make the case against you easy like this idiot did :shhh:

samarchepas
10-31-2011, 04:15 PM
If you are gonna commit a crime in the name of vengeance, you don't make the case against you easy like this idiot did :shhh:

Made it easy? yup and he will spend a lot less time in jail than if he would have just killed the guy :lol:

Loser
10-31-2011, 06:24 PM
Sorry, but if I knew who raped/murdered my daughter, I would toss him feet first through a tree chipper, after weeks of horrendous torture.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Made it easy? yup and he will spend a lot less time in jail than if he would have just killed the guy :lol:

I could kill someone and dispose of the body where nobody would ever find it ;)

redred
10-31-2011, 06:39 PM
I could kill someone and dispose of the body where nobody would ever find it ;)

the salad draw in you fridge? :lol:

deebakes
11-01-2011, 01:25 AM
there is NO way the op wrote the first post in this thread :shock:

KevinD
11-01-2011, 01:32 AM
There is NO way I would say what I would do in this situation. I have two daughters, and can completely understand his frustration.