PDA

View Full Version : What's the last thing you bought?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19

Godfather
09-13-2016, 05:00 AM
Bought a Weber E210 grill... didn't have a grill for the past year or so and it was miserable. Threw fucking everything from the fridge on that bitch the last two days and it has been GLORIOUS :lol: So happy with this purchase.

I was hesitant about this model as the grill is cast iron rather than stainless steel which I'm used to, but it seems really good. Can always replace the grill with stainless steel if I'm not liking it in a few months.

DemonGeminiX
09-13-2016, 09:42 PM
The Georgia Weapons License and a prescription.

Muddy
09-14-2016, 12:51 PM
Bought a Weber E210 grill... didn't have a grill for the past year or so and it was miserable. Threw fucking everything from the fridge on that bitch the last two days and it has been GLORIOUS :lol: So happy with this purchase.

I was hesitant about this model as the grill is cast iron rather than stainless steel which I'm used to, but it seems really good. Can always replace the grill with stainless steel if I'm not liking it in a few months.

I have the 310! Love it..

Godfather
09-15-2016, 02:21 AM
I have the 310! Love it..

Fuck yes. I wanted the 310 but my wife said it was too big for our patio given the giant ass patio furniture she wants :lol:

Tonight is burger night... last night I threw a pizza on it... tomorrow night it's chicken thighs... I'm hooked!

Muddy
09-15-2016, 03:29 PM
Fuck yes. I wanted the 310 but my wife said it was too big for our patio given the giant ass patio furniture she wants :lol:

Tonight is burger night... last night I threw a pizza on it... tomorrow night it's chicken thighs... I'm hooked!

I have been doing more and more 'indirect heat' cooking.. That's where you sear on one side and them move to the other 'cool' side to essentially finish the internal heating up by baking the meat..

Godfather
09-16-2016, 03:04 AM
I have been doing more and more 'indirect heat' cooking.. That's where you sear on one side and them move to the other 'cool' side to essentially finish the internal heating up by baking the meat..

For sure, I've got to get better at that.

I actually did it just with fresh made burgers last night. Cooked for about 2 mins each side on direct medium heat, then another 4-5 mins on indirect lower heat until finished. Got a nice crisp on the outside, but super juicy on the inside while still being cooked through.

Having the boys over tomorrow night. Going to try and juggle burgers, sausage and salmon :lol: Not exactly sure how I'll time it all and manage grill space so it comes off around the same time but I guess for guys night nobody gives a shit.

deebakes
09-16-2016, 03:05 AM
which is what makes guys night awesome :lol:

RBP
09-16-2016, 03:59 AM
You're spending guys' night juggling sausage. :giggle:

Godfather
09-16-2016, 05:41 AM
You in town big boy ;)

RBP
09-16-2016, 05:57 AM
Bitch I might be!

redred
09-16-2016, 06:23 AM
:lol: the word sausage is typed and RBP is in hear like a shot

DemonGeminiX
10-01-2016, 08:31 PM
A Mossberg 12-gauge shotgun.

KevinD
10-03-2016, 01:09 AM
Lower ball joints for the wife's car.

RBP
10-10-2016, 03:52 PM
American Dream achieved. :usa:

http://i.imgur.com/5YHmfd9.jpg?2

KevinD
10-10-2016, 04:45 PM
New wall oven. Got the old one out, easy peasy, just waiting on new one to be delivered.
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/kmdracer/FGEW2765PB_zpsk4d1vz9h.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
10-10-2016, 04:47 PM
A CD

http://i.imgur.com/5Fe8TJ2.jpg

DemonGeminiX
10-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Wow. Really? I can't even remember the last time I bought a CD.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-10-2016, 04:54 PM
Yeah, it was a record release party I could have got it digital, but I wanted to support the band and they get 100% of the CD sales.

RBP
10-10-2016, 05:10 PM
I bought a CD yesterday. :dunno:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-10-2016, 05:21 PM
The last CD I bought before this, was Special Blends first album a year ago :lol:

allsmiles
10-12-2016, 04:40 AM
A new lawn mower. The Snapper pooped the bed.

Hugh_Janus
10-12-2016, 07:07 PM
wahey! Love a bit of snapper action!!

oi oi the boys! lads on tour... etc

anyway... I bought some bits to fix my old man's car

Griffin
10-20-2016, 12:48 AM
KAHR CW9 Carbon Fiber

http://files.harrispublications.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/07/kahr-cw9-black-carbon-fiber.jpg

Definitely need to change my support hand grip from what I am used to with my full frame Ruger P90... drew blood on the first round. :oops:

Yt Trash
10-20-2016, 02:09 AM
10 Impact resistant windows for my home. Making the house safer for Hurricanes or the Zombie Apocalypse.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2016, 10:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/122Y8wdh.jpg

DemonGeminiX
10-24-2016, 11:57 AM
What was the final nail in the coffin for the old one?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2016, 12:03 PM
What was the final nail in the coffin for the old one?

What wasn't? :lol:

Here's the list of things that I had to fix/replace/went wrong with the Tacoma that didn't on either of my 2 Ford Rangers that preceded it (even though the Tacoma was $6000 more than the most expensive Ranger I bought):

Battery
Both headlights
Both front turn signals
Front shocks
Heater/AC fan work only intermittently
Key fob only working sometimes to lock/unlock doors
Lights burned out on dashboard

Granted, some of these are relatively minor, but when you hear all the hype about Toyota and you spend $30K on a vehicle, you expect quality. Both my Rangers were older when I got rid of them and had more miles and experienced none of the above issues. So, before something else went wrong, I finally had enough headaches with the Tacoma. I'll never buy another one again.

DemonGeminiX
10-24-2016, 12:12 PM
So why'd you go with Nissan this time around?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-24-2016, 12:18 PM
So why'd you go with Nissan this time around?

Limited options left in the mid sized pickups. I refuse to buy anything GM or Chrysler based on the fact that they screwed the American taxpayer, Ford, although talking about bringing the Ranger back, has no mid-sized pickup, and I don't want another Toyota. The wife has had 2 Nissans (a Sentra we bought used and the Pathfinder she has now) and both have been excellent so far. And, we bought both vehicles from the same Nissan dealer, and every time we go they have taken care of us. It's actually bearable buying a vehicle at this dealership. They gave me quite a bit on my trade-in too, which was hard to pass up considering that in addition to the above issues, I had been rear ended TWICE and the bumper was tweaked and the windshield needed to be replaced. I like the look of the Nissan too, plus it's fully loaded, it's really nice inside and out and actually feels like better quality than the Tacoma I traded in.

DemonGeminiX
10-25-2016, 06:42 PM
Car maintenance:

Synthetic blend oil change - I'm actually surprised by this. I usually have conventional put in, but they switched it up on me for some odd reason. I didn't ask for it.

Front and rear brake pads installed - The whole shebang was a lot cheaper than I expected and I was really shocked that my rotors were fine. With the noises my brakes were making I thought my rotors were gonna be all torn up.

Brake Fluid Exchange - Whatever. If it makes the car safe to drive then I'm good with it.

There was a recall on the passenger side air bag so they did that for me.

I asked them to give me a price on fixing/replacing the windshield wiper fluid pump and they said it would cost $238 ( :shock: ). I told the girl no way. I know I can get the part online for $25 and I can get a friend to install it for a case of beer. There's no way in hell I'm paying them $238 to install a little stinkin' $25 part. That's ludicrous.

Now I have to say this was a Honda dealership that did all of this work. Every time I let them do the oil change my car comes out driving like a dream. I don't know what they're doing but it's worth the extra cost to me to let them do it when my car comes out amazing then to let somebody else do it for cheaper and have my car still be driving average at best.

Muddy
10-25-2016, 06:49 PM
What wasn't? :lol:

Here's the list of things that I had to fix/replace/went wrong with the Tacoma that didn't on either of my 2 Ford Rangers that preceded it (even though the Tacoma was $6000 more than the most expensive Ranger I bought):

Battery
Both headlights
Both front turn signals
Front shocks
Heater/AC fan work only intermittently
Key fob only working sometimes to lock/unlock doors
Lights burned out on dashboard

Granted, some of these are relatively minor, but when you hear all the hype about Toyota and you spend $30K on a vehicle, you expect quality. Both my Rangers were older when I got rid of them and had more miles and experienced none of the above issues. So, before something else went wrong, I finally had enough headaches with the Tacoma. I'll never buy another one again.

:fbd:

Godfather
10-26-2016, 02:35 AM
The ranger is coming back! I'm stoked about that... there aren't any actual small/mid sized trucks on the market anymore. The Tacoma has been huuuuge for years now. I remember wanting a late 90's one so badly because of their rep and great size. My Dad has one now, nice vehicle but the fucker doesn't fit in their garage :lol:

Hugh_Janus
10-26-2016, 08:08 PM
Its a nice truck, but not that reliable

DemonGeminiX
10-29-2016, 08:27 PM
Ruger AR556.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/products/ar556/models.html

The gun show had about 3 vendors selling them and they were asking way too much for them. I estimate I overpaid for the one I got by about $50 or $60, but I'm considering it a convenience fee since they're so scarce locally. 1 vendor wanted $699 for it unaltered which I thought was ridiculous, so I bought it from another vendor who was charging the same for it but threw in a quad rail and a telescoping foregrip. He had others with scopes but he was asking for an extra $100 for the ones with the scopes and I figured I could get a scope for cheaper online. The third guy wanted $850 for the one he had and his had a quad rail, a telescoping foregrip, and a scope.

The gun show was a joke overall. Maybe 5 gun vendors all asking way too much for their firearms. The mags were all overpriced. The ammo was overpriced and there wasn't a whole lot in terms of real quality there either. The holsters were all shit. The knives were overpriced.

Anyway, I've finished buying what I was after. I have what I ultimately set out to get when I started this. I have ideas for other things that I might be interested in, but they can wait a year or two. As far as I'm concerned, with respect to gun acquisitions, I'm done.

Godfather
10-29-2016, 09:00 PM
God it's sexy.

RBP
10-29-2016, 09:07 PM
God you're sexy.

Thanks, stud. ;)

Godfather
10-29-2016, 09:48 PM
I caved and bought Battlefield 1 on PC.

It's really fucking good. Haven't played video games in a few months but I was up till 3am last night playing the campaign. The online game has a new mode too which is really great, kind of a dynamic battlefield that moves depending on how prior games have gone which is super immersive.

Graphics are incredible too, but now I'm wanting to upgrade my 3 year old graphics card :-k

Pony
10-30-2016, 12:08 AM
Ruger AR556.

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/products/ar556/models.html

The gun show had about 3 vendors selling them and they were asking way too much for them. I estimate I overpaid for the one I got by about $50 or $60, but I'm considering it a convenience fee since they're so scarce locally. 1 vendor wanted $699 for it unaltered which I thought was ridiculous, so I bought it from another vendor who was charging the same for it but threw in a quad rail and a telescoping foregrip. He had others with scopes but he was asking for an extra $100 for the ones with the scopes and I figured I could get a scope for cheaper online. The third guy wanted $850 for the one he had and his had a quad rail, a telescoping foregrip, and a scope.

The gun show was a joke overall. Maybe 5 gun vendors all asking way too much for their firearms. The mags were all overpriced. The ammo was overpriced and there wasn't a whole lot in terms of real quality there either. The holsters were all shit. The knives were overpriced.

Anyway, I've finished buying what I was after. I have what I ultimately set out to get when I started this. I have ideas for other things that I might be interested in, but they can wait a year or two. As far as I'm concerned, with respect to gun acquisitions, I'm done.

The local shop to me had the 556 on sale for $599.

Godfather
10-30-2016, 12:11 AM
They're $1275 minimum up here :(

http://wolverinegt.ca/product/ruger-sr-556f-nato-5-56/

Griffin
10-30-2016, 12:11 AM
Ruger AR556.

Welcome to the AR club! :thumbsup:

Now if you haven't done so already, separate the upper and lower halves by pulling the 2 pins. It's simple to do and you have to do it for cleaning so it's good maintenance practice.
After that you can shop for other uppers in many configurations and calibers to easily swap onto the one lower that you have already bought.

... lego toys for big boys.8-)

DemonGeminiX
10-30-2016, 12:49 AM
The local shop to me had the 556 on sale for $599.

I paid $700. I won't lie, I feel I overpaid a little. I know I overpaid a little. But a lot of online shops are charging $700 or more, as ridiculous as that is. The majority of the ones that are charging lower prices are sold out. If I had bought the rifle online at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore, it would have been $620 + the $20 FFL transfer fee that my local store charges. That was the lowest I could find that actually had it in stock. Mine had the quad rail and telescoping foregrip added on. So $640 + around $40 for the quad rail + around $20 for the foregrip (being generous here), and that would come to $700. I'm oversimplifying, really. If my local store had it in stock, they would have charged me $609 for it, but they were sold out and they told me that the rifles were allocated, so it doesn't seem like they would be in stock any time soon. I wanted to get it before the election. If she wins, people will panic buy, and then prices will jump through the roof. I would have done the quad rail and foregrip in the future anyway, so any money I overpaid, I consider it a minor inconvenience. In any case, I have what I was after. I don't have to worry about it anymore. I just need to get a cleaning kit/boresnake, some extra mags (Sportsman Outdoor Superstore has Gen M2 30 round Pmags on sale with a bulk buy discount... 3 or more for $10 each), and some ammo (Cabelas has some on sale, plus they have 12 gauge slugs and 00 bs that I can't get locally. Just need to buy $99 worth for free shipping).

Welcome to the AR club! :thumbsup:

Now if you haven't done so already, separate the upper and lower halves by pulling the 2 pins. It's simple to do and you have to do it for cleaning so it's good maintenance practice. After that you can shop for other uppers in many configurations and calibers to easily swap onto the one lower that you have already bought.

... lego toys for big boys.8-)

Thanks, Grif. I'll take care of all of that later. Right now, I'm too damn tired. And I just wanna watch baseball.

DemonGeminiX
10-30-2016, 12:52 AM
They're $1275 minimum up here :(

http://wolverinegt.ca/product/ruger-sr-556f-nato-5-56/

Everything's more expensive up in Canada. Back in the 90s, one of my uncles bought for me the Band of Gypsies CD for my birthday while he was in Toronto on a business trip. He paid close to $35 for it, taking the exchange rates at the time into consideration. I could have gotten it for $13 - $15 locally. Of course, I didn't bitch about it back then. Hendrix is priceless. It was a pretty awesome birthday gift.

Godfather
10-30-2016, 04:53 AM
Everything's more expensive up in Canada. Back in the 90s, one of my uncles bought for me the Band of Gypsies CD for my birthday while he was in Toronto on a business trip. He paid close to $35 for it, taking the exchange rates at the time into consideration. I could have gotten it for $13 - $15 locally. Of course, I didn't bitch about it back then. Hendrix is priceless. It was a pretty awesome birthday gift.

Yep. For a few years there in the 2000's we were on parity and even then things were a bit more expensive. Now that the dollar is wayyy down, it's become very evident again.

DemonGeminiX
10-31-2016, 01:11 PM
About $50 of 5.56 Nato, and $50 of 12 gauge 2.75" slugs. 3 PMag gen M2 30 rounders and a .223 boresnake.

DemonGeminiX
11-07-2016, 04:32 AM
3 more 30 round Pmags. When I get them I'll have 7 in total just like my semi-auto handguns. I'd rather get them now in case the bitch wins on Tuesday and the sellers all jack the prices up to take advantage of the panic rush.

RBP
11-07-2016, 04:48 AM
3 more 30 round Pmags. When I get them I'll have 7 in total just like my semi-auto handguns. I'd rather get them now in case the bitch wins on Tuesday and the sellers all jack the prices up to take advantage of the panic rush.

I am not sure why, but it just occurred to me that the screeching libs have no firearms if (when?) the shit hits the fan. Fucking misogy... *boom* *crickets*

DemonGeminiX
11-07-2016, 05:01 AM
I suspect the overall population will drop by a great deal in a very short time. Those who don't believe in the use of deadly force in self defense, let alone survival, probably won't be around for very long.

DemonGeminiX
11-17-2016, 12:22 AM
http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/winchester-18-gun-granite-safe-with-ul-electronic-lock

Griffin
11-17-2016, 01:12 AM
http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/winchester-18-gun-granite-safe-with-ul-electronic-lock

That is close to the same safe I have (mines black and bigger). It was all that was available when my need arose.
Since then I have worried about how I would open it after an EMP was detonated.
...hopefully I will never have to know.

DemonGeminiX
11-17-2016, 01:57 AM
I was considering the combo lock, but they're easier to crack. You could just cut open the steel wall on the side with a hand-held circular saw and get your stuff out if your safe is ever hit with an EMP blast, however that might come to pass. The safe would obviously be useless afterwards, of course. I suppose you could redo the side if you had the resources and remove the lock and replace it. I don't know if that would be cost effective, or if it would just be cheaper to buy a new safe, but whatever. There's supposedly some electronic locks on a model of Liberty safes that are EMP resistant, but I don't feel like spending that much money for a safe right now.

I suppose you could go the tin foil - rubber band route if you're really that concerned about an EMP blast. I'm not sure it would actually work...

Griffin
11-17-2016, 02:44 AM
I don't know about the tin foil but lining the closet the safe is in with a metal shell (assuring there is no direct contact) and building a wooden subfloor isolating from the concrete slab, some heavy wire to a ground rod outside should create a decent Faraday cage.

DemonGeminiX
11-17-2016, 02:58 AM
The S&G Titan lock is supposedly EMP resistant.

Pony
11-18-2016, 12:28 PM
Bought 4 loaded struts and front rotors and pads for my Camry. $660

KevinD
11-19-2016, 03:36 AM
Nothing worth mentioning lately. Debating on new springs/ sway bars, or headers and a tune for the car

Hugh_Janus
11-22-2016, 06:49 PM
2 pairs of glasses and an eye test

allsmiles
11-23-2016, 06:36 AM
Hotel reservations for a babymoon

DemonGeminiX
11-23-2016, 07:45 AM
:nono:

Don't go mooning babies, young lady.

redred
11-23-2016, 01:22 PM
Amazon fire stick £25 was on sell so picked up one for my bedroom will add kodi when it turns up

redred
11-25-2016, 01:37 PM
PS4 and a few games :woot:

DemonGeminiX
11-25-2016, 11:31 PM
A bunch of ammo from Cabelas. Free shipping's on. A DVD for my sister about Rottweilers.

I may wait for Monday to start hardcore Christmas shopping. Nobody's really told me what they want yet and I don't even know what I want. I don't really need any Tech stuff right now.

I did upgrade my Verizon plan earlier, but it didn't cost me anything.

redred
11-26-2016, 12:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/r4dgYrK.jpg

LED rechargeable work light , 10 watt and bright as the sun

KevinD
11-26-2016, 03:00 AM
Bunch of wood trim, stain, paint, laminate flooring, etc. Finally getting the guest house/ guitar practice shack fixed up. Turning out pretty good so far. Got all the pain done on walls, stained the rough cut cedar for faux ceiling beams and installed them. Tomorrow is window's and doorway trims, and maybe baseboards.

RBP
11-26-2016, 04:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/r4dgYrK.jpg

LED rechargeable work light , 10 watt and bright as the sun

:lol: It has the word "work" in it :lol:

Muddy
11-26-2016, 04:16 PM
Bunch of wood trim, stain, paint, laminate flooring, etc. Finally getting the guest house/ guitar practice shack fixed up. Turning out pretty good so far. Got all the pain done on walls, stained the rough cut cedar for faux ceiling beams and installed them. Tomorrow is window's and doorway trims, and maybe baseboards.

:worthless:

redred
11-26-2016, 04:31 PM
:lol: It has the word "work" in it :lol:
I do that now did you not get the memo?

RBP
11-26-2016, 05:57 PM
I do that now did you not get the memo?

:faint:

I thought you were kidding or it was another temp thing.

Pony
11-26-2016, 06:09 PM
Laser for my pistol
Holster for same
Hydraulic hand rivet gun and metric nutsert conversion kit.

redred
11-26-2016, 06:57 PM
:faint:

I thought you were kidding or it was another temp thing.

nope i'm officially employed :sad2:

Goofy
11-26-2016, 07:29 PM
A pair of Dickies waterproof, padded overalls (part of my dads christmas - he's out in all weathers 'tinkering' with an old tractor :shakehead: ).

DemonGeminiX
11-26-2016, 10:02 PM
Laser for my pistol
Holster for same

I can't find a decent holster for my carry pistol. :meh:

RBP
11-27-2016, 02:14 AM

http://i.imgur.com/C3iwsRs.jpg

Pony
11-27-2016, 12:29 PM

I just bought a cheap one. Holster options are really limited once I put the laser on it. Long term plans are to get another one for carrying and use this one for home protection and target practice.

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2016, 12:43 PM
I'm limited to the style of carry conceal I can actually engage in because of me sitting down all the time. I can't hip carry conceal, it's too obvious under the shirt when seated. A buddy of mine told me to get a shoulder holster and to wear a vest over it, but I'm not really into vests.

redred
11-27-2016, 03:06 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161127/69409e9a18fbcdec1833d876245ea885.jpg
Any good? Maybe put a towel over it to conceal it :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2016, 03:09 PM
:-k

I don't know, but I have the sneaking suspicion that that wouldn't be legal in my state.

redred
11-27-2016, 03:18 PM
Worth checking :lol:

Pony
11-27-2016, 06:13 PM
I'm limited to the style of carry conceal I can actually engage in because of me sitting down all the time. I can't hip carry conceal, it's too obvious under the shirt when seated. A buddy of mine told me to get a shoulder holster and to wear a vest over it, but I'm not really into vests.

I did see a pouch somewhere, had an external cell phone sleeve and a zippered pouch for gun and extra mags. Think it did have a belt clip on it though.

Something similar might be the way to go though, you could wear it clearly visible but the gun is concealed inside.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCW-BLACK-LEATHER-BELT-WAIST-HOLSTER-GUN-PACK-RUGER-SR22-with-LASER-/182044273898?hash=item2a62af2cea:g:hEgAAOSw14xWP6s u

Hugh_Janus
11-27-2016, 06:50 PM
a gun pouch with a pouch for extra mags.... really? Just in case you gotta make sure a mutha fukka be dead:lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2016, 11:02 PM
You always carry at least one extra loaded magazine.

Pony
11-27-2016, 11:35 PM
a gun pouch with a pouch for extra mags.... really? Just in case you gotta make sure a mutha fukka be dead:lol:

You've obviously never been chased by a horde of zombies.

DemonGeminiX
11-28-2016, 12:34 AM
You've obviously never been chased by a horde of zombies.

Or rabid carnivorous rabbits... if you're visiting Hal in Canada.

Pony
11-28-2016, 02:04 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3jzi0Np.mp4

RBP
11-28-2016, 03:24 AM
:shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2016, 12:53 PM
$940 worth of services from a plumber :|

Muddy
11-28-2016, 01:47 PM
You can really make good money as a tradesman as long as you have a head on your shoulders..

redred
11-28-2016, 01:51 PM
or learn to do bits yourself if possible

Pony
11-28-2016, 05:03 PM
You can really make good money as a tradesman as long as you have a head on your shoulders..

You just made a liberal college students head explode.

Muddy
11-28-2016, 05:12 PM
It's true though.. My friend who is a GC is always looking for a good plumber for his jobs.. These guys usually set their own rates and it isn't $25 an hour.. :lol:

Pony
11-28-2016, 05:52 PM
Absolutely. There are lots of things you could learn with little "formal" education and still make 6 figures. Hell I'd bet one of our painters is doing over 100k/year

Pony
11-28-2016, 09:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/SvZRv2a.jpg

135A continuous voltage control MIG welder, on special for $199. Got there they had 2 left.

Muddy
11-28-2016, 09:48 PM
Is that a good brand?

Pony
11-28-2016, 09:59 PM
Is that a good brand?

It's cheap. :lol:

It's modeled after the Lincoln 135 plus. It has some features that typically only the $600+ welders have like the continuous voltage instead of just four settings. It has a lot of good reviews so I figured for 200 bucks it's worth giving it a shot. Plus it has a 3 year warranty.

KevinD
11-29-2016, 03:48 AM
It's cheap. :lol:

It's modeled after the Lincoln 135 plus. It has some features that typically only the $600+ welders have like the continuous voltage instead of just four settings. It has a lot of good reviews so I figured for 200 bucks it's worth giving it a shot. Plus it has a 3 year warranty. Give us a review when you get a chance. I'm in the market for a nice might for some light to medium work around here.

KevinD
11-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Wood, stain, polyurethane, and more wood. Got the final coats going on the new "old" barn door. Once I'm all done I'll post pics in the home improvement thread.

Pony
11-29-2016, 11:25 PM
Give us a review when you get a chance. I'm in the market for a nice might for some light to medium work around here.

Got it set up at lunchtime and pirated off the other welders argon tank for about 10 minutes and did some test welds before I had to get back to work. First impression? Fucking wow! Without even fine tuning the settings I laid down some really nice welds right out of the box. Using clean sheet metal I did a few plug welds, stitched up a cut and edge welded. Very impressed so far for a "cheap" welder. Time will tell how well it will hold up under real world conditions but for the limited time I messed with it my expectations were exceeded by far.
Ask me again once I get my own tank and cart and have had some time to really break it in. A big benefit to me is that although Eastwood is known as an "online" shop, one of the three stores nationally is about 2 miles down the road. The biggest complaint I've seen is their customer service sucks on online ordered items. In store the guy was more than helpful.

DemonGeminiX
11-30-2016, 07:35 PM
A peerless replacement shower hose. Mine sprung a leak up by the shower head.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-30-2016, 07:54 PM
Bought a new iPhone 7. Verizon had a trade in deal for $300 to return the iPhone 6s plus a $300 bill credit and the new iphone on upgrade was $300. So I got paid $300 to upgrade essentially :dance:

Muddy
11-30-2016, 08:17 PM
Must be nice.. I want the S7 but cant get a deal out of Samsung...

redred
11-30-2016, 08:17 PM
Bought a new iPhone 7. Verizon had a trade in deal for $300 to return the iPhone 6s plus a $300 bill credit and the new iphone on upgrade was $300. So I got paid $300 to upgrade essentially :dance:
I turned down an iPhone 7+ from my work I told them I'd rather stick with my own Sony and I'd carry on paying myself, I'm 12 months into a 24 month contract anyway

PorkChopSandwiches
11-30-2016, 08:29 PM
Must be nice.. I want the S7 but cant get a deal out of Samsung...
If you are with Verizon give them a call, my rep told me

For the option on buying back the phones, Verizon is offering $300.00 if you upgrade to a Galaxy or Edge 7. You may also receive great bill credit for the Google phones.

That means they will pay you to recycle your phone (not sure how much) and also give you a $300 rebate on top of your upgrade

DemonGeminiX
11-30-2016, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't bother with the Samsung phones until they put the removable battery and sd card slot back into their phones. If I upgrade now, I'd go LG.

Pony
12-01-2016, 12:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9wcepOi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UsokNkI.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2016, 12:47 PM

You'd have to pay me a lot more than $300 to downgrade to an iPhone

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2016, 02:29 PM
I used a bunch of my credit card's rewards points to buy gift cards for the family for Christmas.

Muddy
12-01-2016, 03:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9wcepOi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UsokNkI.jpg

I have no idea you need a tank of argon to run a mig welder..

Pony
12-01-2016, 04:54 PM
I have no idea you need a tank of argon to run a mig welder..

You can run flux core wire without gas but running mig wire with argon/co2 mix results in a cleaner, stronger weld. Basically what the flux and the gas both do is create a pocket of gas around the weld to keep out oxygen. Oxygen = crappy welds.

DemonGeminiX
12-09-2016, 03:51 PM
4 Christmas presents. It has begun.

Fodster
12-17-2016, 10:59 PM
Got me sen a PS4 again, Watchdogs 2 and Infinite Warfare

Godfather
12-17-2016, 11:30 PM
A $65 tow truck service call :lol: Apparently I'm a pussy... couldn't get the lug nut off my wife's flat tire. Was damn near jumping on the fucking thing (and yes in the right direction). I felt a bit better that the tow truck driver had a bitch of a time with it too, but still a bit emasculating :P

Pony
12-18-2016, 01:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/S58GVz4.jpg

I will say often the lug wrench is too short to get any leverage, especially of the lugs have been on there awhile. Todays cars are really getting skimpy on the emergency spares. More and more cars don't even have them anymore.

Godfather
12-18-2016, 02:08 AM
It was a dinky ass hyundai wrench... it's been cold as balls too which didn't help... but yes the skinny kid is probably apt :lol:

DemonGeminiX
12-28-2016, 04:42 PM
All I got for Christmas was gift cards and cash (I'm not complaining or anything), so I went ahead and ordered a few toys the day after Christmas. The first one arrived today: an MXR Phase 90. Guitarists will know what it is.

I also bought a DOD 440 Envelope Filter, which should be delivered later this afternoon.

I've got a mess of effects bookmarked and wishlisted, but I'm kind of having a hard time deciding which ones I want to order first. The Envelope Filter and Phase was easy (actually, this probably won't be the last phase shifter I pick up, there's several others that I'd like to get my hands on, but they can wait for another day). Not so easy on Chorus, Flangers, and other types of effects.

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2016, 09:24 PM
TC Electronics Vortex Flanger pedal. Got it on Ebay used for $50 less than what it costs brand new.

Pony
12-29-2016, 09:56 PM
Unlike DGX who keeps making stuff up I actually bought something real.

GoT 5 book set. Should arrive tomorrow.

Griffin
12-29-2016, 10:23 PM
a rack of baby back ribs that have been on the smoker since noon...Yeah, baby, yeah!

Hugh_Janus
12-29-2016, 10:27 PM
what's the big deal with ribs? Every time I've tried some, its just fat and bone

KevinD
12-29-2016, 11:13 PM
Almost bought an Epi Les Paul...does that count?

DemonGeminiX
12-29-2016, 11:42 PM
Unlike DGX who keeps making stuff up I actually bought something real.

GoT 5 book set. Should arrive tomorrow.

:-s

what's the big deal with ribs? Every time I've tried some, its just fat and bone

You're getting some seriously bad ribs. Where are they coming from, anorexic pigs?

Almost bought an Epi Les Paul...does that count?

Almost.

Actually, I've read online that the Epiphone's are really damn good nowadays. Back in the day, they used to be a joke.

KevinD
12-30-2016, 01:35 AM
The one I was looking at is a 2016 epi Les Paul Traditional Pro 2 in the desert burst. Sounded really nice through a similar Marshall 30 Solid state amp to mine. I love the coil splits, and the 15db boost is sweet too since my amp won't take any pedals. The one I was messing with needed a tad bit of setup, but minor stuff. Had some low E buzzing. If the store still has it at the end of Jan, I'll probably get it. Don't need it by any means, but, want on the otherhand, lol

KevinD
12-30-2016, 01:37 AM
https://andertons.scdn2.secure.raxcdn.com/2/1/images/catalog/i/xl_112481-burst.jpg

KevinD
12-30-2016, 01:42 AM
And yes the cheaper Epiphones are still junk, but from the reviews I've read on this one, it's as good as a Gibby studio, slightly different sound, but I actually like the sound of the Epi more. That said, a real Gibby is indeed much better, but, I'm not going to spend that much $$$ on what is just a hobby, lol.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2016, 01:46 AM
Stuff like that is never need. It's always want.

I've pretty much decided that, as long as I don't have any huge bills come my way from out of nowhere, I'm gonna go on a gear tear in 2017. The 3 pedals I've bought since Christmas is me just getting warmed up. I fully intend on buying (or building... god knows how, since I suck at woodworking) a new electric guitar (or 2). I'd like to finally get the neck of my Ibanez fixed. And I'm getting sick of the two amplifiers I have, as they're not really what I wanted to begin with, so I'm starting to think about unloading those and getting the Mesa Boogie I always wanted (lots of cash), or maybe I'll start building the rack system that I've been dreaming about for the last 20 years (more cash). I've been looking into gear for the past 3 or 4 months and I'm starting to feel the urge again.

KevinD
12-30-2016, 02:16 AM
Oh yeah...it's the same with me, but usually it's more car orientated. I've a nice MiM Strat, a really nice yamaha acoustic. Just need a Les Paul style. Also really like the ESP LTD EC-1000, but again, it's more than I want to spend now. At some point I'll get a better amp, one that will take pedals, but for now my Marshal Mg30CFX is good enough. It has a nice range of sounds.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2016, 02:17 AM
Why won't your amp "take pedals"?

KevinD
12-30-2016, 02:17 AM
What amps do you have now?

KevinD
12-30-2016, 02:18 AM
Why won't your amp "take pedals"?

I dunno. Was just told it wouldn't respond well to them. It's inexpensive and solid state, so ???

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2016, 02:22 AM
That ESP's a pure metal guitar. The EMGs in it are active (takes a 9v battery) and professional metal bands use them pretty much exclusively. Looks nice.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2016, 02:29 AM
I dunno. Was just told it wouldn't respond well to them. It's inexpensive and solid state, so ???

Who the hell told you that? If your amp doesn't have a good tone, that's one thing, but you as long as you have cables to connect them (guitar-cable-pedal-cable-amp), then you should be able to mess with pedals just fine.

My first amplifier was a little shitty no-name solid state practice amp, and I ran a Turbo Rat distortion through it. I cranked that sonofabitch hard and the amp took it just fine... my parents, not so much.

KevinD
12-30-2016, 02:38 AM
I haven't tried any pedals tbh. For now, even though the MG isn't that great of an amp, I can get the tones I want. Decent cleans for blues, some killer 50's rockabilly, and pretty nice cali surf tones. The ESP in the Sunburst comes with Seymour Duncan JB/59. Most likely, I'll stick with the Epi, as it would better suit my abilities (dismal as they are) and it's budget friendly

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2016, 02:40 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's gonna sound good, I'm just saying you should have no problem with pedals through what you've got. If anything, it should inspire you to get something better amp-wise. I didn't last long with the shitty little amp. I ended up getting a Crate half stack not long afterwards, and there was a Marshall 2x12 combo not long after that. I played those for a while before I unloaded those for the Crate vintage club 2x12 combo and the Line 6 Flextone 2 1x12 combo I have now. I honestly should have kept the Marshall and forgot about the Line 6. I've grown to despise modeling amps.

KevinD
12-30-2016, 02:46 AM
I'm seriously considering the new Roland Blues Cube Artist for my next amp. For that $$ though I could get a fine valve amp though. What us really swinging me to the road is the mutiple power amp channels and it's supposed to respond to pedals awesomely. Andertons did a nice review of it. They were impressed. Only prob is none of the guitar shops around here have them in stock, so can't test it in person.

Lambchop
01-11-2017, 12:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/u9lf3U3.jpg

It's a 3D puzzle with the aim of taking it apart and reassembling it. It's well made and very nice to hold in my hands. I was intrigued by the design.

RBP
01-11-2017, 12:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9pZl8nQ.jpg?1

Started rolling my own again - I think I have her converted also. If I keep it up, it will save us $3000 this year. More importantly, about $1500 before graduation.

Answer in advance: "No, I don't want to quit. fuck off. I enjoy sucking fags."

:lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-15-2017, 01:11 AM
T.C. Electronics Ditto Looper guitar pedal

RBP
01-15-2017, 01:47 AM
"ditto looper" was my nickname in college.

Godfather
01-28-2017, 11:27 PM
Went down to the farmer's market and spent far too much on some sharp cheddar, brie, and assorted meats. Having a little get together tonight, hopefully the cheddar survives until other people show up :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-31-2017, 07:57 AM
A shorter stock for my shotgun

allsmiles
02-01-2017, 06:06 AM
Baby shower invitations.

KevinD
02-10-2017, 12:57 AM
The wife surprised me with an early birthday present. I'd been eyeballing this, and played one at a local store in a different color. Not wild about the lemon drop color, but for almost $300 less than retail, I'll live with it, lol Too bad it'll be another two weeks before I get my grubby little hands on it. ESP LTD EC-401VF DMZ (Dimarzio 36th anniversary pups)

https://58eca9fdf76150b92bfa-3586c28d09a33a8c605ed79290ca82aa.ssl.cf3.rackcdn.c om/esp-ltd-ec-401vf-dmz-with-dimarzios-ld-351510.jpg

RBP
02-10-2017, 02:25 AM
A shorter stock for my shotgun

In totally unrelated thoughts... we need OCD and Hoarder emoticons.

Godfather
02-10-2017, 02:42 AM
http://cmzone.vzbqbxhynotw9ion96xv.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Fidget-Cube-2.jpg

https://thefidgetclub.com/products/cubix?gclid=COD64cvAhNICFQyffgodRLMDQA

I'm a HUGE fidget at work, always tinkering with something while I'm thinking at my desk. Got one of these for $20 online after a friend recommended. It's super satisfying to play with while working :lol: Highly recommend if you're a fidget like me.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2017, 06:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YSHIgHj.jpg

Got it for the wife, she's used it a lot so far. Super nice quality, really happy with it.

PorkChopSandwiches
02-14-2017, 06:27 PM
6 months and it will be a very expensive clothing rack :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2017, 06:28 PM
6 months and it will be a very expensive clothing rack :lol:

:slap:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-14-2017, 06:38 PM
In totally unrelated thoughts... we need OCD and Hoarder emoticons.

:ocd:

DemonGeminiX
02-14-2017, 09:52 PM
An Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker Fuzz pedal.

KevinD
02-16-2017, 05:04 AM
Here's my gear. left to right: yamaha apx 500ii fm, MIM fender strat w Texas special pups, and the newbie: esp Ltd ec-401vf with 36th anniversary demarzio pups. oh, and my wee little mg30cfx amp

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/kmdracer/20170215_183553_zpsgilsoemx.jpg

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2017, 01:28 PM
:-s

That's the amp you said couldn't take pedals? Marshalls are made to be pushed hard, Kev. Doesn't matter what wattage it is. I'd throw an overdrive/distortion and a mess of modulation effects in front of that little guy and wail away in my bedroom like I was a teenager pretending to be a rock star.

KevinD
02-16-2017, 04:03 PM
Yeah. That's what I was told. Haven't tried it yet. Looking for a blues pedal that's not an arm and a leg. Also have a hard time with the built in tremelo effect. Other than that, it's a great little amp for my needs, such as they are. The LTD is awesome for me. Out of the box the action was too high and out of spec and intonation was a bit off. Did a full setup per ESP/LTD specs, and much better now. Off to the guitar store for a gig bag and maybe strings. I have some super slinky 9s I use for the strat. May try those and whatever else. Thinking of trying some stringjoy

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2017, 04:59 PM
I'm all for supporting local business, but our hobby gets ridiculously expensive. Ebay's a wonderful alternative. I buy a lot of my stomp boxes there. Personally, I don't give a shit if they're new, as long as they work the way they're supposed to. On occasion, I'll hit up Amazon marketplace for a pedal if I can't get a better price elsewhere. I'll trade pedals in at the local store if I find I'm not getting any use out of them, so believe it or not, I've owned many at different times in the past, but currently do not have as many as one would think.

If you don't like the idea of buying a pedal blind and want to check out how a pedal sounds without walking into a guitar shop, Youtube guys have tons of video demos on tons of different pedals. I tend to look at the InTheBlues, ProGuitarShopDemos (the guitar player, Andy, will blow you away. He's good), That Pedal Show, SweetwaterSound, and the manufacturer channels (Roland and BOSSchannel for Boss, JimDunlopUSA for MXR and Dunlop, Fulltone, TC Electronics, and Electro Harmonix all have their own channels, as well as others do) to hear what I want to hear. There are a bunch of amateur channels testing junk out but sometimes their sound isn't too great so it's hard to make a decision on those alone.

For a "blues pedal", are you talking about an overdrive? If so, shoot for an Ibanez Tube Screamer if you can get one used, cheap, and in good condition. SRV collected them back when he was alive. I have a TS-9 mini that set me back about $50. It does what I need it to do. More costly good options are the the full sized Ibanez TS-9 and TS-808, the Maxon OD9 and OD808, and the Fulltone OCD. People swear the Fulltone OCD is the next coming. Personally, I think the Maxon OD808 is the best sounding out of the bunch, but it's also the most expensive. Whether it sounds good to you or not, ymmv. Sometimes, all you need is a good drive channel on an amplifier and that'll take care of all your needs, and maybe a tube screamer or a booster pedal for a little boost to step out in front of the rest of the band for your solo. I hear the Boss BD-2 Blues Driver's really good, but I haven't bought one myself... yet.

I personally will not buy a Chinese made pedal. Joyo, Donner, ToneCity, Mooer, Rowin, and Moen are all Chinese knockoffs of the real deal. Not that they sound bad, mind you. In fact, some of them sound good, and they're cheap, but they're Chinese knockoffs and I won't buy from China if I can help it because they're deceptively undercutting businesses in all markets. It's market warfare. I won't knock you if you do buy one from China. As I've said, they're cheap and some of them sound really good, and I understand the need to keep a responsible budget... but fuck China, man.

Tremolo's a good effect, in small doses. But that's like all modulation effects. If you hear a Wah all day, guess what you're gonna get sick of? I love the uni-vibe, chorus, and phaser, but I can't listen to them all day. As for your tremolo, is there not a way to turn it off?

Personally, I'm a distortion junkie. Blame my metal upbringing. There's nothing like a high gain distortion that you don't have to scoop the mids out of to get a good vicious sound from. Sure, you kill your tone, but sometimes, I just want to sound like pure rage and brutality. But hey, that's me. :d

KevinD
02-16-2017, 05:02 PM
My LTD is made in china, lol. Yeah something along the lines of a BD. The local guitar store didn't have much if a selection, so off to guitar center I go. Not getting any pedal now, but need a bag.

KevinD
02-16-2017, 07:47 PM
Demon, thanks for the info. I'll check those links and do a lot more research before I buy a pedal. May go back to GC . While I was there I had my LTD with me and checked out some of the SS and modeling amps under $400. They have the Mustang iii v2 on sale at $260. The guitar sounded best with is compared to the blackstar, boss, Peavy or line6. My buddy has the 2x12 mustang, and I've played my strat though it several times and love it. Will probably put the Mustang on lay a way, as can't really afford it right now, at least as per the wife, lol
Oh, and my buddy Jason, who is an excellent musician loved the LTD. He says I stole it and was surprised at the small blemish being why it was almost $300 less than retail.

DemonGeminiX
02-16-2017, 11:05 PM
https://marshallamps.com/products/amplifiers/mg-carbon-fibre/mg30cfx/

According to the web specs, the mg30cfx doesn't have tremolo. It has reverb, chorus, phaser, flanger, delay, and an octave. I imagine they can't be too good being on a 30 Watt solid state amp. I think the only thing I ever use on my Line 6 digital modeling amp is its various amp modeling settings and the reverb. It has just about everything and the kitchen sink in it, but the other effect settings are kind of lacking, in my opinion. That's why I have dedicated stomp boxes for each except for the reverb and octave. I do have to admit though, dedicated reverb units are usually sweet, and some octave pedals can be wicked awesome to play with. I'm thinking of the POG2 right now. That thing's amazing.

KevinD
02-16-2017, 11:45 PM
My mistake. It's the delay I have trouble with. Sometimes it's on, some not. I downloaded the manual, but not much help. Oh well it's a fine practice amp on the clean channels. The od 1&2 sound decent on the strat, but pretty bad on the LTD unless I roll the guitar volume knob way down to around 3 or so. Not in any hurry. I've yet a lot to learn about playing before I need anything better, lol

KevinD
02-17-2017, 03:14 PM
I found a pedal that via YouTube at least, might work for what I want. At $35, I'll give it a shot. Digitech screaming blues distortion. Yeah, it's made in China, but I'm buying used...I'm going to head to Houston in a bit aND see if it's still there. Pawn shop special, lol

KevinD
02-17-2017, 03:21 PM
Hmm, just looked at a pic of back. Shows its made in US? Even more interested niw.

DemonGeminiX
02-17-2017, 03:30 PM
Digitech pedals are touch and go. The Bad Monkey overdrive was pretty good, but it's no longer in production, so it commands prices that are higher than what it's actually worth. Personally, I think the Tube Screamers are better. I think the Screamin Blues is a Boss Blues Driver clone. It sounds somewhat similar according to youtube reviews.

KevinD
02-17-2017, 08:50 PM
True. I was looking for a BD specifically. Ran across this one for sale. Listened to some yuotube comparisons. Close enough. Doubt you hear a difference on my amp, plus it's an actual made in US SB, not a Harmon made in China.

KevinD
02-17-2017, 08:58 PM
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/kmdracer/20170217_144446_zpsdanjc2sp.jpg

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/kmdracer/20170217_144457_zps5vuv1hes.jpg

DemonGeminiX
02-18-2017, 12:51 AM
Digitech's not a bad brand. The Whammy pedals are incredible. But like I said, it's touch and go. Sometimes they put out a great pedal, and sometimes they're not so great. They used to have several rack mount effects processors that were all the rage back in the 80s and 90s.

KevinD
02-18-2017, 12:59 AM
It definitely works for me for now, with my gear. The strat will finally cry a bit, and the lick of Gary Moore from "Still got the blues" is fantastic on the LTD. Just spent an hour putting it through its paces. Man my fingertips are NOT ready for those bends, lol

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2017, 12:22 AM
An Ibanez RG370DX in black off of ebay. I couldn't help it. It was in great condition and the price was too damn good to pass up.

KevinD
02-19-2017, 09:52 PM
Had to look up which guitar that is. Looks like a good one for rock/ metal. Congratulations!

KevinD
02-19-2017, 09:54 PM
Yep, definitely overdI'd string bends the other night. Index fingertip is torn and super tender. Ah well, they'll harden up again.

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2017, 10:55 PM
Had to look up which guitar that is. Looks like a good one for rock/ metal. Congratulations!

Thanks. It's a better version of the EX370 that I already have and I got it for $170. When they were still in production, they went for around $500-600. And these guitars are upgradeable, just like the MIM Fender Strats, which means I'm gonna have some fun.

KevinD
02-20-2017, 12:36 AM
Upgrades are always fun. I had planned on doing so with the squier, but gave it to my nephew, and bought the MiM strat. It came with custom shop Texas specials, so doubt I'd do much to it really.only thing I can really think of is upgrading the treMelo if I ever start using the bar. Same with the LTD. It came with demarzio pups, so not much I'd do. I would like to find some of the old style tuners with the greenish handles though.

DemonGeminiX
02-20-2017, 01:11 AM
You can put Fender or Sperzel locking tuners on the MIM (they're worth the cost), maybe switch out the nut if you're so inclined. If you have a plastic nut on it, it's certainly upgradeable. I have a graphite nut on mine, but I was thinking about getting something else lately. The trem bridge can definitely be upgraded, but you may need to do a little routing to get a new one to fit. I was considering getting the Fender American Series tremolo for mine, but I'm scared of doing that sort of thing without experience. I'm gonna need to find a cheap ass Squier to try out some hardcore alterations on before digging into my go-to guitar. You can certainly replace the bridge saddles without replacing the entire trem bridge. You can't do much better than the custom shop Texas Special pups. I was actually thinking about buying a set and throwing them in mine. I've got 90's era Lace Sensors in mine, and I hate them. If you check the quality of the pots and the capacitor, you may be able to upgrade them, but you're not really going to see a noticeable difference unless they're really shot. Even then, a good cleaning might be all that's needed. Oddly enough the better CTS pots and various named capacitors are relatively cheap. Some people say replacing the electrical wire and redoing the solder points might help, but I guess it would only help if the wires were really ratty. You can shield the electronics cavities with copper tape with conductive adhesive. You can upgrade the output jack with a Switchcraft output jack. Everybody says they're better.

That's pretty much everything, unless you want to install Strap-locks, which is pretty much a no-brainer if you're going to start playing live. It sucks to be playing and your strap comes lose and you drop your guitar. They're easy though.

You could get a new neck for it, but that'll run you about $200-$250.

And you could always wire shit differently, but you'd need to find some wiring diagrams to do what you want.

redred
03-11-2017, 12:51 AM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91eGj3-61pL._SY355_.jpg

got one of these ordered for my :bday: not sure why but enjoy gadgets so for £50 it might be fun for biking and underwater holiday shots , :shrug: who knows

Godfather
03-11-2017, 01:56 AM
Friday mothafuckaaas we made it! Thank fuck that week is over, I was homicidal by Tuesday and suicidal by Thursday. Thank fuck it's Friday.

DemonGeminiX
03-11-2017, 02:13 AM
Friday mothafuckaaas we made it! Thank fuck that week is over, I was homicidal by Tuesday and suicidal by Thursday. Thank fuck it's Friday.

How much did that cost?

Godfather
03-11-2017, 02:53 AM
Just my soul

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2017, 12:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QPs0Amu.jpg

Finally going to scrap that old WDTV box I've had for a million years that WD refuses to support. This is supposed to be one bad motherfucker.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/shield-tv/

DemonGeminiX
03-17-2017, 08:47 PM
New casters for the chair. A car wash. A haircut.

DemonGeminiX
03-18-2017, 12:49 AM
A new toilet seat.

These things would break a whole lot less if the bottom of the seat made contact with the bowl ceramic completely. In other words, if the seat didn't have those cheap pieces of plastic separating the seat from the bowl. But no....

Godfather
03-18-2017, 12:59 AM
http://i.imgur.com/QPs0Amu.jpg

Finally going to scrap that old WDTV box I've had for a million years that WD refuses to support. This is supposed to be one bad motherfucker.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/shield-tv/

That's sweet, can it stream from Steam?

I love PC gaming but my wife misses the days when I'd game xbox and she'd fall asleep on the couch with me :lol: PC gaming much less social but the games are way better... been tempted to get something like this to stream my PC to my TV.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2017, 10:26 AM
That's sweet, can it stream from Steam?

I love PC gaming but my wife misses the days when I'd game xbox and she'd fall asleep on the couch with me :lol: PC gaming much less social but the games are way better... been tempted to get something like this to stream my PC to my TV.

Looks like it :thumbsup:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/05/ces-2017-nvidias-new-shield-tv-adds-a-steam-app-greater-4k-hdr-support

redred
03-18-2017, 11:52 PM
drugs and rum

KevinD
03-19-2017, 01:19 AM
2017 calender featuring my Camaro as November car of the month. I was surprised as mine is pretty stock, and there are some seriously fast cars in the club.

DemonGeminiX
04-22-2017, 02:05 AM
A Boss TU-3 guitar tuner.

I had an old Sabine chromatic tuner from the 80s or 90s and the son of a bitch finally died on me. Seeing as how I wasn't blessed with perfect pitch, a guitar tuner is a necessity.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-24-2017, 12:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YzKBLTr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/P1uB0gV.jpg

Had it for a few weeks now, figured it was time to upgrade the TV in the living room since the existing one is 7 years old now. Had it for almost a month now, took a chance on this brand as the price can't be beat, especially for a 4K in this size and with HDR. When I got it, it was on sale for $799 and I had a 10% off coupon from Best Buy for my birthday, so even with tax, it was less than $800 for a 65" TV.

Now I know Goof tried this brand and warned me about a few things, but I still decided to take a chance on it, plus the reviews for it are extremely positive even with it's few drawbacks. The biggest issue (which Goof mentioned) was the LED backlight "bleeding" when the picture is really dark, especially when you are in a dark room and watching it. Now, this is a fairly noticeable problem, but unless it's late at night and the room is completely dark, you don't really notice it as much. The sound is fantastic, don't even need external speakers or a sound bar. It upscales everything into 4K, and most things, especially anything newer, looks great, you really can't even tell it's been upscaled. But on older things, especially things that weren't recorded in at least HD, there is some degradation, but it's not to the point of being unwatchable.

All and all, I am really happy with the TV. The old TV it replaced was a Vizio and I took the chance on that little known brand back then and was extremely pleased with it. So far so good with this brand as well. Plus, considering that a 4K HDR TV in this size that would 'fix' the LED bleeding/truer dark colors would cost at least $1000 more, I'm pretty happy with what I have.

Pony
04-24-2017, 03:27 PM
In my experience the backlight bleeding is a minimal issue on a TV that size, With so much screen putting off light you pretty much NEED to keep a light on in the room or it hurts your eyes.

Does it play video via USB? That's a huge perk for me and high on the list of things I was looking for when shopping. I love having two or three hard drives plugged into my TV without needing a secondary device.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-24-2017, 03:59 PM
In my experience the backlight bleeding is a minimal issue on a TV that size, With so much screen putting off light you pretty much NEED to keep a light on in the room or it hurts your eyes.

Does it play video via USB? That's a huge perk for me and high on the list of things I was looking for when shopping. I love having two or three hard drives plugged into my TV without needing a secondary device.

Yes, it will play from a USB drive/device (going from a description in a review, I will verify that myself for you). It has 4 HDMI ports and 3 USB Ports.

KevinD
04-24-2017, 07:28 PM
New tool bag for work. Veto Pro Pack Tech Pac. Way too much $$, but it has a 5 year warranty, and I go through at least one of the Klein bags a year.

Hugh_Janus
04-24-2017, 07:33 PM
a pair of aviators. Why are they called a pair when its a single item? :-k

DemonGeminiX
04-24-2017, 09:24 PM
The lens are the glasses. There's two of them. Hence a pair.

KevinD
04-24-2017, 09:56 PM
Define a pair of pants then, lol...cause 2 legs?

DemonGeminiX
04-24-2017, 10:21 PM
I'm not sure about the jeans thing. Maybe. I'm gonna have to look that one up. Glasses weren't originally called "glasses" back in the day, they were called binocles. Bi- meaning two. If there was only one, it was referred to as a monocle. Everybody should know what a monocle is. For some odd reason, 'binocles' fell out of favor, and they became called 'glasses'. And they called them 'a pair of glasses', because the glasses were actually glass lenses, and there were two of them.

I had a long conversation with an optometrist about this a long long time ago. I'm just going by what he told me. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-24-2017, 10:23 PM
Here's an explanation for the pants thing:

https://www.britannica.com/demystified/why-do-we-say-a-pair-of-pants

DemonGeminiX
04-24-2017, 10:27 PM
Apparently, it gives a better explanation for the "pair of glasses" as well. :lol:

KevinD
04-24-2017, 11:21 PM
Hell, I was just kidding, lol

DemonGeminiX
04-24-2017, 11:27 PM
:oops: :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Plane tickets to and from Syracuse.

redred
05-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Europe?

DemonGeminiX
05-11-2017, 09:41 PM
New York

Hugh_Janus
05-11-2017, 10:15 PM
a bag of mixed nuts

#healthyeating

KevinD
05-11-2017, 11:32 PM
Spring flash/ Z28 style rear diffuser (part of rear bumper) for the camaro. Go get it Wednesday.

RBP
05-17-2017, 02:11 PM
Google Pixel XL black

http://i.imgur.com/u3guqWD.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
05-17-2017, 02:20 PM
Google Pixel XL black

Nice, how do you like it? My phone died a couple of weeks ago and I went with the Galaxy S8

RBP
05-17-2017, 02:40 PM
Nice, how do you like it? My phone died a couple of weeks ago and I went with the Galaxy S8

So far I love it. Haven't done much with it yet though. I had a Droid Turbo 2 and the battery went bad - decided to upgrade, but might order a battery and resell it.

Hugh_Janus
05-17-2017, 06:21 PM
Google Pixel XL black

#ballin'

I bought a couple of croissants.... #notballin'

KevinD
05-17-2017, 08:49 PM
Here's the diffuser. What is different is how it wraps around the exhast tips, and it's painted satin black instead of just black plastic.
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/kmdracer/20170517_150511_zpsbbqlkzta.jpg

Noilly Pratt
05-17-2017, 09:03 PM
Looks cool, Kev! And those quad pipes look great with the diffuser.

KevinD
05-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Yeah, the quad tips are part of the NPP (optional dual mode) cat back system. My car didn't come with the NPP, but it's one of the first mods I did. Of course since I don't have all the vacuum lines and tanks, my mufflers are bypassed all the time. Lol

Noilly Pratt
05-17-2017, 09:26 PM
I've just had my birthday and the last new guitar I bought was in 1988 so I figured I was due.

http://i65.tinypic.com/14aa4pt.jpg

This one, an Epiphone Casino followed me home after going to the music store on Monday.

DemonGeminiX
05-17-2017, 09:28 PM
ES-335. Nice. :thumbsup:

KevinD
05-17-2017, 09:34 PM
Awesome noilly!

Godfather
05-28-2017, 06:50 PM
Bought a used road bike at a shop for $250, pretty stoked on it! Rode a few miles yesterday, went and hung out on the beach with friends, had some beers, then kicked myself for riding so far when I had to go home :lol:

Going to try riding to work... we've got SO many bike lanes here in Van that have just made traffic worse, so I might as well get some use out of them.

redred
05-28-2017, 07:04 PM
Admit it you got a fixie you hipster :lol:

Godfather
05-28-2017, 07:22 PM
Fuck no :lol:

redred
05-28-2017, 07:33 PM
I bet you eat humus and flatbreads washed down with a craft beer :lol:

Godfather
05-28-2017, 07:55 PM
Have you tried those things?! They're delicious :lol: But hey, if you like stale Doritos and Budweiser, fill your boots :P

deebakes
05-28-2017, 08:00 PM
:ffs:

redred
05-28-2017, 08:05 PM

RBP
05-29-2017, 05:55 AM
Have you tried those things?! They're delicious :lol: But hey, if you like stale Doritos and Budweiser, fill your boots :P

When does your RompHim arrive? Please post pictures to allow us to ridicule you.

Godfather
05-30-2017, 01:27 AM
When does your RompHim arrive? Please post pictures to allow us to ridicule you.

That's so funny, someone just explained those to me this week. When they start popping up in stores I'll be sure to try one on and send you the naughty dressing room pic ;)

RBP
05-30-2017, 03:20 AM

That's so funny, someone just explained those to me this week. When they start popping up in stores I'll be sure to try one on and send you the naughty dressing room pic ;)

:wank:

allsmiles
06-27-2017, 04:52 AM
Nipple balm

RBP
06-27-2017, 05:17 AM
Nipple balm

Allsmiles!!! :cheers:

allsmiles
06-27-2017, 05:22 AM
Allsmiles!!! :cheers:

RBP! I've missed you! :hug:

RBP
06-27-2017, 05:31 AM
RBP! I've missed you! :hug:

I've missed you! Glad to see you on! :hug:

Hugh_Janus
06-27-2017, 08:16 PM
hose clamp pliers

DemonGeminiX
06-28-2017, 01:23 PM
A 26800 mAh portable power bank.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2017, 02:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ykHfMPN.jpg

DemonGeminiX
06-28-2017, 03:22 PM

Cable only? Doesn't work with satellite TV?

Teh One Who Knocks
06-28-2017, 03:26 PM
Probably works with satellite, just won't work with an antenna/OTA broadcasts

DemonGeminiX
07-03-2017, 05:30 PM
A cheap red and green dot sight that has good reviews on amazon. I don't feel like spending $100+ for one. The one I got is less than $40.

DemonGeminiX
07-03-2017, 06:15 PM

Now that I've done some research, it looks like I choose a pretty good one. Go me.

Godfather
07-04-2017, 03:58 AM
Had an unbelieveable weekend at my bud's cabin in the interior with my wife and two other couples.

Best part was learning to wake surf. I thought it'd be tough but it's actually easier to get going than wakeboarding, and probably more fun.

Goofy
07-04-2017, 01:26 PM
A new pair of workboots

Teh One Who Knocks
07-18-2017, 02:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IC6hcOV.jpg

DemonGeminiX
08-01-2017, 02:43 AM
The Ultra Gen2 shoulder holster from these guys:

http://www.deepconceal.com/

Griffin
08-01-2017, 02:55 AM
nice rack with the bra holster

Godfather
08-01-2017, 05:28 AM
Right? :lol:

"SOLD!"

redred
08-01-2017, 06:48 AM
Dewalt 18v multi tool https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170801/27d34911277faab9992d0c81bbdc5dcf.jpg

KevinD
08-02-2017, 03:01 AM
Nothing worth mentioning recently. Shopping for a new gutar amp.

DemonGeminiX
08-02-2017, 03:23 AM
There are so many good ones available today. Have fun with it.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Nothing worth mentioning recently. Shopping for a new gutar amp.

There are so many good ones available today. Have fun with it.

http://i.imgur.com/bdfthV8.jpg

KevinD
08-02-2017, 10:25 PM
Went to guitar center today. They didn't have either of my top 2 contender in stock. Boss Katana 100, or Fender bass breaker 15. They did have a used LTD EC-401vf dmz in the color I really wanted when I bought mine, (faded cherry burst instead of lemon drop) too bad they wouldn't do better on the trade or I'd have walked out with the cherry burst instead of taking my lemon drop back home. Up this weekend is a trip to bro in laws (in San Antonio). We're going to hit GC, Sam Ash, Alamo Music and a couple local shop. The rest of the time will be guitars, beer, grilling and hanging out. Latest actual purchase is a new wifi router: Asus rt-ac3100. Supposedly really good reviews. We'll see after the Monday when I set it up.

Hal-9000
08-04-2017, 09:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IC6hcOV.jpg

"...contains juices so they don't transfer to your plate."

Isn't it kinda already the plate? That ad is like multiplying by zero. :hand:

Hal-9000
08-04-2017, 09:41 PM
and it keeps steak knives sharp just by virtue of being made of wood?

:lol: stretching for claims there..

KevinD
08-10-2017, 11:18 PM
Didn't get the full blown 2x12 100watt, but picked this up from Sam Ash today for just under $90 (floor model) gotta say, to my limited ears, sounds great! Boss (roland) Katana mini. Awesome bedroom level tones, easy peasy to use. Well satisfied.
http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/kmdracer/20170810_165511_zpsk3qyqe88.jpg

KevinD
08-14-2017, 02:28 AM
That little battery (or ac) amp is actually really nice. I'm getting great sound at low volumes. Exactly what I was looking for in a practice amp. Not as nice as a thr10, but 1/3 the price. I really think I'll pick up the 100 watt katana at Christmas time.

DemonGeminiX
08-16-2017, 12:59 PM
I just bought Dee's bot. 8-[

In my defense, Amazon has a lightning deal on it. [-(

Teh One Who Knocks
08-16-2017, 01:03 PM
I just bought Dee's bot. 8-[

In my defense, Amazon has a lightning deal on it. [-(

:drunkpost:

DemonGeminiX
08-16-2017, 02:00 PM
No, I just hate sweeping. It blows when you're in a wheelchair. So I'm gonna let the robot do it for me.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-16-2017, 02:13 PM
No, I just hate sweeping. It blows when you're in a wheelchair. So I'm gonna let the robot do it for me.

https://i.imgur.com/IPiK1pZ.png

Get yourself a dog :tup:

DemonGeminiX
08-16-2017, 02:20 PM
Yeah, sure... that'll really work. :lol:

Hal-9000
08-16-2017, 05:53 PM
debris removal system :lol: :lol:

ya like the pets will shake the dirt out of the booties when they're finished the cleaning grid

Hal-9000
08-16-2017, 05:58 PM
lots of stuff from M&M Foods (2lbs of butter chicken/w basmati rice dinners..soooo yummy) and Superstore....and I bought some old fashioned oatmeal :-s

made a bowl of hot oatmeal (not instant) with brown sugar last night and boy did that inspire some old memories :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
08-16-2017, 06:20 PM
Yeah, sure... that'll really work. :lol:

debris removal system :lol: :lol:

ya like the pets will shake the dirt out of the booties when they're finished the cleaning grid

Laugh at what you don't understand [-(