PDA

View Full Version : What's the last thing you bought?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]

DemonGeminiX
08-04-2023, 01:21 AM
Replacement key fob for my truck and new remote for the garage door. I thought that it would be expensive and I would have to go to the dealer to get a new key fob for the truck, but my truck is old enough where I can just buy one online and program it for my truck. $8 on Amazon. :thumbsup:

Lucky bugger. The only fobs I can get for my van have blades that need to be cut, and you can't remove the blade since doing so will destroy the fob... either way, I've gotta take it to a Honda dealer.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-04-2023, 01:56 PM
Lucky bugger. The only fobs I can get for my van have blades that need to be cut, and you can't remove the blade since doing so will destroy the fob... either way, I've gotta take it to a Honda dealer.

My truck is a 2016, so it's old enough where the fob doesn't do anything really fancy, so I was lucky that I was able to buy something aftermarket. It looks and acts identically to the factory original that came with my truck.

https://i.imgur.com/oRU7ZYA.png

PorkChopSandwiches
08-09-2023, 07:50 PM
Asada burrito with beans, cabbage and guac

DemonGeminiX
08-15-2023, 06:55 PM
Rifle and shotgun ammo

Teh One Who Knocks
08-15-2023, 06:57 PM
Rifle and shotgun ammo

You can't put shotgun shells in a rifle :shakehead:

DemonGeminiX
08-15-2023, 06:59 PM
You can't put shotgun shells in a rifle :shakehead:

:nono:

Where there's a will there's a way.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-15-2023, 07:07 PM
:nono:

Where there's a will there's a way.

:worthless:

Pony
09-15-2023, 09:24 PM
New chainsaw, I got a bit carried away with the size of the saw I bought. The thing is a monster. Went through 18-23" logs like a hot knife through butter.

It's a clone of a discontinued Stihl model, Chinese made but has been upgraded here in the US with higher quality parts. Damn thing is 72CC with a 24 inch bar for $400.

https://i.imgur.com/TtxCytc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0UlWxLf.jpg

lost in melb.
10-02-2023, 01:41 AM
Fantastic!

You reminded me I need to replace the bar on the Oregon back home.

KevinD
10-02-2023, 05:16 AM
Bought my youngest daughter a new bed set. She's still just barely making ends meet on her own. Her old bed was an ikea one I bought her years ago when she was still in high school.

For myself, I'm about halfway in saving up for new rims/tires for my hoopty

KevinD
10-27-2023, 12:15 AM
New drill press. Haven't had one in decades.
Deets:
WEN 5-Amp Variable-Speed Bench Drill Press, Model 4214T

https://i.postimg.cc/KvZVr5vk/20231026-184857.jpg

lost in melb.
10-27-2023, 08:00 AM
Precision drilling?

KevinD
10-27-2023, 04:30 PM
Precision drilling?

Yep. It's not a top line machinist type, but a really good woodworking one. It has a very slight runout on the arbor, but not enough to effect what I need it for. If I need finer tolerance, changing out the arbor/chuck will solve the issue, and that's pretty cheap.
The main purpose it now is the build stands (dowels in blocks of wood) for my wife's dolls she makes to sell.
I was free handing the dowels holes, and that worked, buti I'd ruin about every 3rd hole.

Pony
10-27-2023, 04:35 PM
but I'd ruin about every 3rd hole.

:shock::tup:

FBD
11-25-2023, 01:54 PM
I'd ruin about every 3rd hole.

they really hate that :lol:

FBD
11-25-2023, 01:56 PM
doing some xmas shopping and getting my traditional funny t-shirts for most people

found some good ones

I'm only responsible for what I say
Not what you understand
:lol:

might get the WKRP Turkey Drop for ma and include it with her traditional $50 bottle of good wine
dad's jokes are drier than melba toast, plan accordingly
my younger brother is far more sarcastic than I am, hoping to find some quote from the old guy in christmas vacation or something :lol:
I'll have to mail my son's out to him

I whisper WTF to myself at least 20 times a day
:lmao:

https://i.imgur.com/puhsmjG.gif

lol a fuggin Fugees t-shirt....raise your hand if you remember Lauren Hill back in the mid 90s saying she'd rather have black babies die of aids rather than have white people listen to her music

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2023, 10:42 PM
The Danelectro Backtalk reverse delay pedal. My Christmas present to myself. Total cost to me: a bunch of Amazon gift cards and about $18.

KevinD
12-31-2023, 12:30 AM
Fender Hammertone Reverb. It was a tossup between it and JHS series 3 reverb. I wanted a decent basic verb pedal as the verb in both my amps are a bit anemic.

DemonGeminiX
01-01-2024, 04:22 AM
Fender Hammertone Reverb. It was a tossup between it and JHS series 3 reverb. I wanted a decent basic verb pedal as the verb in both my amps are a bit anemic.

That's a pretty damn good verb pedal. Fender's been putting out some wicked pedals the past few years.

I've got the Neunaber Immerse Reverberator mk2 and am completely in love with it. I don't do much in the way of boutique pedals but that verb was completely worth the (discounted) cost that I paid for it.

KevinD
01-01-2024, 04:22 PM
I fo wish it had a spring verb, but its not a necessity. I bought it with a gift card I was given by a vendor at work. Once I get home, I'm gonna finally put a board together and hook my amps up wet/dry. Next 2 pedals I want are a delay and a univibe.

All my pedals are pretty basic, but they work for me. Only one I haven't totally gotten along with is the JHS Bender fuzz. I think its mostly because I haven't really figured out to use it yet.

I'm jealous of your reverbarator. Lol

DemonGeminiX
01-02-2024, 02:28 AM
I fo wish it had a spring verb, but its not a necessity. I bought it with a gift card I was given by a vendor at work. Once I get home, I'm gonna finally put a board together and hook my amps up wet/dry. Next 2 pedals I want are a delay and a univibe.

All my pedals are pretty basic, but they work for me. Only one I haven't totally gotten along with is the JHS Bender fuzz. I think its mostly because I haven't really figured out to use it yet.

I'm jealous of your reverbarator. Lol

I have a ton of delay pedals. Those and chorus pedals are my weakness. As far as vibes go, I own two: Digitech's Ventura Vibe and TC Electronic's Viscous Vibe. As far as I'm concerned, they're good enough for me. I don't think you can get the Digitech new anymore, but it should be available used. TC Electronic makes good pedals. I may pick up MXR's Univibe someday, but I have other fish to fry right now. As far as fuzz boxes go, I only have one, the EHX Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker. The only other one I'd want is the EHX Op Amp Big Muff to get that Smashing Pumpkins 90s sound. It's on my list but it's not a priority right now.

FBD
01-02-2024, 03:21 PM
Never seen a mass of pedals that didnt suck half the juice out of your signal. Do you do anything to mitigate that?

I remember asking this before but I dont recall if you did anything or if you were like nah its fine :lol:

(but to me, even the instrument cable matters and just about everything sucks some tone out, its all a matter of how much you're willing to tolerate)

FBD
01-02-2024, 04:09 PM
picked up a cheapo ultrasonic toothbrush

fuckin a, almost like getting a dental cleaning every day it does so much better of a job than just a normal vibing toothbrush, nevermind the old school bristles on a stick :lol:

lost in melb.
01-03-2024, 01:11 AM

fuckin a, almost like getting a dental cleaning every day it does so much better of a job than just a normal vibing toothbrush, nevermind the old school bristles on a stick :lol:

Sonicare??

DemonGeminiX
01-03-2024, 04:35 AM
Never seen a mass of pedals that didnt suck half the juice out of your signal. Do you do anything to mitigate that?

I remember asking this before but I dont recall if you did anything or if you were like nah its fine :lol:

(but to me, even the instrument cable matters and just about everything sucks some tone out, its all a matter of how much you're willing to tolerate)

To buffer or not to buffer, that is the question. Or use a Boss pedal that uses a buffered bypass. Or get some better cables. Or all of the above. Or none of the above. It depends. Tone degradation can be a function of a shitty cable, or a really long cable, or a bunch of true bypass pedals, or a combination of all, or a really crappy electronics device too close to your rig. You'd have to experiment with your set up to figure out if you need a buffer pedal and if so, where in the signal chain it would be best to have it. I have a few cheapo buffers, but I rarely use them, since there's always at least one Boss pedal in my chain.

FBD
01-03-2024, 01:47 PM
Sonicare??

no like the cheapass Equate one that was like 35 bucks :lol: never tried one before and figured fuckit, cheap gamble. thumbs up!

Godfather
01-04-2024, 07:41 AM

Soooo much better, I'll never go back. I used to get these stains on my front teeth a few months after my last dental cleaning and just figured that was how my teeth were. First time I tried an electric toothbrush, came right off :lol: Ended up buying them as gifts for all my family over the next year, actually makes a good gift.

FBD
01-04-2024, 12:26 PM
Soooo much better, I'll never go back. I used to get these stains on my front teeth a few months after my last dental cleaning and just figured that was how my teeth were. First time I tried an electric toothbrush, came right off :lol: Ended up buying them as gifts for all my family over the next year, actually makes a good gift.

I've been using one of the electric vibrating ones for gotta be 7-8 years by now, the move to ultrasonic was arguably larger than reg to vibe :tup:

KevinD
01-12-2024, 10:04 PM
Kenwood Excelon XR600-6DSP amp and the iDatalink AR module to interface with factory stereo headunit. The AR is normally $99, yhe amp is discontinued, but if you can find one, its around $400, so $500 for the set. $118 out the door.
The AR is missing some cables, but that should be okay as I'd have to have the extended version of the cables anyway, as well as a Tee harness to plug into the factory system. Also need a dongle cable to program the AR. The DSP software from Kenwood no longer supports Android, but does for my work IPhone. Remaining parts should only be $100 or so. Ill start the installation next days off once parts arrive.

https://i.postimg.cc/BvspF1Xw/20240112-112946.jpg

FBD
01-13-2024, 04:35 PM
I scarcely even notice that I never put a radio in my stang :lol:

KevinD
01-13-2024, 09:30 PM
I scarcely even notice that I never put a radio in my stang :lol:

Well, that's not surprising with a Found On Road Dead, haha. I kid.
I almost certainly won't be doing any performance type upgrades on the Challenger. Too expensive. It came with a Borla cat back already, the interior is nice and comfy(ish), so audio upgrades are it. The stock Alpine amplified 6 speaker system wasn't BAD, but left alot to be desired.
Swapping to the Kenwood Excelon speakers really improved it, but the rear deck 6.5 were overpowering the front stage. The Infinity dash speaker swap helped with the front stage, but there's a strange upper mid in them I dont care for.
I'll also be putting the Kenwood dash speakers back in as the Infinity are only rated at 25w rms. The Kenwood are 100w rms . I most likely wouldn't have gone with a full amp swap, as the next cheapest DSP option is about $800 for the amp alone.
I had known of the Kenwood DSP amp, but they were discontinued by the time I learned of them (they only made them for about 3 years).
When I stumbled across this sale, I wasn't in the market for a dsp amp, but I couldn't pass it up.
Will keep fingers crossed that next month, once other parts arrive, that it works. I'm gonna do a quick and dirty test install to check it all out before pulling interior out to do full install.

FBD
01-29-2024, 04:53 PM
https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/edl-71233_w.jpg

FBD
01-31-2024, 06:08 PM
https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/edl-71233_w.jpg

nice, that thing came real fast. ordered monday evening, here today at 11.

my buddy's all psyched to work on it....super, cuz my hands arent going to feel like turning wrenches anytime soon :lol:

whether I get a turbo or not...we'll have to see how big my bonus is and how my search goes for another remote job so I can avoid the next memewave

FBD
03-05-2024, 05:56 PM
finally getting around to picking up the last few parts I need for this

LMR's shitty cart tho....my buddy texts me what I need to pick up from there

header bolts, header gasket, thermostat & gasket

stupid thing completes and gets 2 sets of header bolts ready for me :roll:

KevinD
03-08-2024, 05:20 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/jj6hJQZk/20240306-122407.jpg

Wee little JBL BassPro SL2 8" sealed, powered sub mounted under the passenger seat. Totally hidden, and a surprising amount of bass from 70-100hz.

KevinD
03-08-2024, 05:23 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/7ZRgGt3V/20240307-232113.jpg

And a 2024 Hyundai Kona SEL for youngest daughter.

lost in melb.
03-08-2024, 10:51 AM
125mm Angle Grinder

lost in melb.
03-08-2024, 10:51 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/7ZRgGt3V/20240307-232113.jpg

And a 2024 Hyundai Kona SEL for youngest daughter.

Sweet! Brand new?

KevinD
03-08-2024, 02:08 PM
125mm Angle Grinder

45 or 90deg?

KevinD
03-08-2024, 02:13 PM
Sweet! Brand new?

Yep. Wasn't planning to buy now as interest rates are still high. I was able to get 4.5, but thats the best they could do. The reason I bought now is her old car (2007 Chevy HHR) stranded her on side of road for the 4th time in last year Wednesday night after work. The HHR was a good car, but is long since past its reasonable life span. It has somewhere around 270,000 miles on it.

lost in melb.
03-08-2024, 10:24 PM
45 or 90deg?

90 deg. It's for sanding weatherboards. 36 grit.

FBD
03-11-2024, 03:05 PM
Mustang Stage 8 3/4" Header Bolt Kit
supposed to never back out ever

Discraft made more of their Z Lite plastic...been having a heck of a time finding a 12/13 speed distance driver with a 0 4 at the end that actually stays fkn straight during its primary flight. See how this one does...
https://teamdiscraft.com/cdn/shop/files/AB_Z_Lite_Nuke_OS_0047_ABZLiteNukeOS-2.jpg

haha, damn that Nuke OS rim is beeeefy

damned tendonitis, I aint gonna be able to throw this lefty, too heavy :lol:

Undertaker looks pretty nice too

ok now stop buying plastic :lol: at this point its only rare specific discs I'll get, I've got staaaaaaacks of discs :lol: