PDA

View Full Version : What's the last thing you bought?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

PorkChopSandwiches
09-04-2013, 12:27 AM
I figured it had nothing to do with the product. I'm green son. I don't support foreign oil :lol:

Muddy
09-04-2013, 12:29 AM
No worries.

KevinD
09-04-2013, 12:42 AM
Hell Muddy, I thought you were talking about the whole Volt catching on fire thing. I was gonna ask Porky if he got a free fire extinguisher with it. :lol:

J/K Porky. Good for you bro, but the car would be almost worthless here. No place to recharge it other than home.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-04-2013, 01:58 AM
It plugs into a standard plug. You must really be living in the sticks Pa. :lol:

KevinD
09-04-2013, 02:12 AM
I know it plugs into household outlets, but, there are no places in Houston that offer the service. So, would have to park close to office building and run an extension cord. :lol:

KevinD
09-04-2013, 02:14 AM
Okay, I got a nice bonus recently. So, I bought myself something cool. Totally opposite of Porky's new car:

A 2013 Viper SRT GTS

(poster that it) :lol:

Muddy
09-04-2013, 02:23 AM
I was gonna say... Jeesus man.. :lol:

KevinD
09-04-2013, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I wish. :lol: I couldn't even afford the down payment on one of those right now. They are supposed to start at $120,00 for the GTS. Hell of a bargain really for what it is, but waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy outta my league.
I might, maybe, be able to afford a used Viper one day. :lol:

Muddy
09-04-2013, 02:28 AM
I think the chevy vette is an affordable super car?

KevinD
09-04-2013, 02:53 AM
Yeah, but if I am gonna have a mid life crisis car, I want more than a vette, lol. I'd at least have to have a 2013 ZR1 Vette, and they start at $113,000 or so. :lol:

Richard Cranium
09-04-2013, 03:06 AM
I bought a Slim Jim

Teh One Who Knocks
09-04-2013, 10:17 AM
I figured it had nothing to do with the product. I'm green son. I don't support foreign oil :lol:

But you support private companies that only survive on the backs of the American taxpayer? :dunno:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-04-2013, 04:12 PM
But you support private companies that only survive on the backs of the American taxpayer? :dunno:

It was a struggle, but I can justify because Im GREEN Its for the greater good

Plus the Fed refund is only available if you paid more then that in, so it was my money anyway :twisted:

Muddy
09-04-2013, 04:21 PM
It was a struggle, but I can justify because Im GREEN Its for the greater good

Plus the Fed refund is only available if you paid more then that in, so it was my money anyway :twisted:

You pay your fair share in... Use the system.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-04-2013, 04:28 PM
:tup:

Muddy
09-04-2013, 04:32 PM
I've paid hundreds of thousands to the feds... Think I wont use a government program to get some of it back? :lol: sheeeeeet.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-04-2013, 04:35 PM
I got over $35K in gubmint incentives towards my house :dance:

Muddy
09-04-2013, 04:36 PM
I got over $35K in gubmint incentives towards my house :dance:

See? It's all good then! :razz:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-04-2013, 04:40 PM
See? It's all good then! :razz:

I didn't buy my house from a taxpayer funded bankrupt private company though [-(

PorkChopSandwiches
09-04-2013, 06:00 PM
What do you think Franny and Freddy are?

Teh One Who Knocks
09-04-2013, 06:04 PM
What do you think Franny and Freddy are?

I have an FHA loan, not a conventional loan that would be bought by Fannie or Freddie :nono:

Goofy
09-04-2013, 06:12 PM
I bought two plain rolls, a bottle of lemon and lime volvic and a pack of chewing gum............ better deal than Porky :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-04-2013, 06:16 PM
I just bought a bowl of chicken and rice. No incentives offered though. :(

Goofy
09-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I just bought a bowl of chicken and rice. No incentives offered though. :(

:empathy:

Hal-9000
09-05-2013, 04:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oNnJe81.jpg

8-[

:dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Nice :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-05-2013, 04:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oNnJe81.jpg

8-[

Tweet the deets

Hal-9000
09-05-2013, 04:38 PM
it has a snow plough attachment at the front

those darn Toyota engineers think of everything :lol:

Muddy
09-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Did you really buy it?

Hal-9000
09-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Yep, I put some money down yesterday and just waiting for the delivery date. It doesn't have much power but the ride is nice and Toyota joined the 21 century by putting some nice options in the Corolla this year. One guy called it The mini-Camry because of the space inside, visibility etc.

FBD
09-05-2013, 05:21 PM
I just bought the soon to be ex wife out of the house

Muddy
09-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Yep, I put some money down yesterday and just waiting for the delivery date. It doesn't have much power but the ride is nice and Toyota joined the 21 century by putting some nice options in the Corolla this year. One guy called it The mini-Camry because of the space inside, visibility etc.

Stick or auto?

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2013, 05:25 PM

Sorry to hear that bud

PorkChopSandwiches
09-05-2013, 05:26 PM

Hal-9000
09-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Stick or auto?

auto...I basically commute across the city during rush hour every day so rowing the gears as they say, would be a bit of a pain..

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2013, 05:29 PM
auto...I basically commute across the city during rush hour every day so rowing the gears as they say, would be a bit of a pain..

:agreed:

Hal-9000
09-05-2013, 05:30 PM

sorry to hear....on the positive side - you kick one door in the face, and another one opens :thumbsup:

Muddy
09-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Right on..

FBD
09-05-2013, 06:08 PM
yeah, I just wish I didnt spend the last 10 years watching the door open and close a bunch of times over...or that once a clean slate gets decided and vows got made...that the clean slate was anything but. and she who touted herself as a paragon of communication couldnt even tell me these things until it was a big fuggin problem for her. nice, that whole through thick and thin bullshit, eh? our lives were half separate anyway and she always told me that was something she liked about our relationship. :banghead:

funny I thought it was just some strange outflow from my meditative practices, but my heart center has been fkd up for the last 6 months, my sternum has been popping and cracking like mad...like it knew long before I did :lol: I devised a meditation to do before she goes to disconnect and seal off my energetic space from her, hopefully it doesnt give me a heart attack, but I need to redirect and repurpose some energies, need to open up deep and scrape out all the shit, more or less.

I came *this* close to buying a plane ticket, quitting my job and saying fuck this noise...I know a dude that has a taoist hermitage set up in the andes and I got the ok to go cultivate there, removed from society. but I still have a lot of stuff going on here, bands, got the recording studio up and running finally...one of my teachers keeps encouraging me to write a student manual and begin teaching the meditative practices and chi gung I know...we'll see how things pan out. met a lot of people recently interested in this shit, so I am going to start trying to gather them up and teach them stuff. of course, I do need to be a little selective...this chick I met who is pretty...uh, wild, and has pretty much all of her energy stuck in her crotch...she was interested in the things I was teaching and I did some energetic shit with her...now this chick is so whacked me and my buddy watcher her fuck a flag pole once, ffs...but I did some other stuff and well, hahaha...use your imagination...I didnt touch her. her boyfriend wasnt too happy about that...although he didnt know *that* aspect of it :lol:

fuckin life, man...I tell ya.

Hal-9000
09-05-2013, 06:28 PM
geez FBD...and here I was stressed picking out a new car :lol:

:tup: keep on, keepin on man

FBD
09-05-2013, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPeZpQkmgh0

well...if for some reason I get fired from my job and our guy renting the property the studio is on loses the rent because he just about cant pay it as is...I am going to light my house on fire and leave the country :lol:

Hal-9000
09-05-2013, 06:34 PM
hope it doesn't come to that....there's equity in your home, rent it to a family of 17 immigrants :thumbsup:

FBD
09-05-2013, 06:36 PM
some, but not much. shit that reminds me, I have to do all the insurance bs for the house & car and go open a new bank acct also. bloody hell!

KevinD
09-06-2013, 01:22 AM
FBD, so sorry to hear of your problems, truly. Not much I can say, other than yes, it does happen, and no, it's never fun when it does. If you do decide to "leave the country" (joking here, sorta) may I recommend Peru, specifically the Miraflores, or San Isidro areas of Lima? Awesome food, entertainments, gambling, shopping, health clubs, many martial arts domos. Not sure about meditation, but I'm willing to say it's very much there based on the expat society that I'm familiar with.
If you do go there, in about 5 more years, I'll meet ya there. Gotta get the youngest through college first. Bar nore, of all the places I've been in the world, this is my favorite. (Well, okay, Land's End is cool as hell to, but you gotta bring your own split tail, food and drinks)

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Tires for my truck and my g/f's car

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 05:52 PM
I literally drained my bank account with a 9000 dollar down payment...I need to get some new winter tires as well..

Muddy
09-09-2013, 06:22 PM
Jesus.. thats a huge down payment

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 06:35 PM
it helped against 22000 and change....now I only have 36 months of semi reasonable payments on about 13000.....fook me all these dealerships want to lock you into an 84 month payment plan :lol:

Muddy
09-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah, but isnt Toyota offering 0% financing right now?

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 06:41 PM
it depends on the term and the car....this one was at 1.9% and best I could get for a rival car was .99%...

still, one or two percent is better than anything the bank can give me...

this is the first time I've had to finance a car so I'm nervous....bought my last two vehicles with savings, stocks etc so the commitment part is freaking me a little :lol:

the ol dreaded C-word ..

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2013, 06:41 PM
it helped against 22000 and change....now I only have 36 months of semi reasonable payments on about 13000.....fook me all these dealerships want to lock you into an 84 month payment plan :lol:

Yeah, but isnt Toyota offering 0% financing right now?

I'll take 10 years of payments if its 0%, its free money. Why throw your whole nestegg away when the m oney is free

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 06:46 PM
I'll take 10 years of payments if its 0%, its free money. Why throw your whole nestegg away when the m oney is free

To me it's the longevity gamble....I'd rather pay as much off up front for two reasons, shorter payment term and smaller monthly payments.

If I set up a 7 year plan at 0% and lost my job, all of a sudden those 400 or 500 per month car payments will get really large...

this way, if something happens to my employment and I don't get a new job for another couple of months...I can probably pay off the car with some pension money or similar..

I work in a pretty unstable industry with constant change etc so I have to make a contigency for the worst case

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2013, 06:58 PM
You can always pay as much as you want, dragging it out over 10 yrs for instance would dramatically lower your monthly payment, and you could make double payments when you had the money. But, you are free to do whatever you want, I would imagine an accountant would tell you it wasn't the best decision.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2013, 07:00 PM

I think 7 years is as far out as they will finance cars.

Muddy
09-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Im not picking on you Hal... But it's free money when its 0% interest... Take the tiny payments and pay more when you can. I wouldn't have depleted my cash either.

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:01 PM
You can always pay as much as you want, dragging it out over 10 yrs for instance would dramatically lower your monthly payment, and you could make double payments when you had the money. But, you are free to do whatever you want, I would imagine an accountant would tell you it wasn't the best decision.

the idea of paying for a car for 10 years...even at 150/mo...would cripple me in ways I can't describe here :lol:

I think about quitting my job often and this forces me to focus...for the short term anyways. Worst part for me is the 1.9% interest and it's livable in my small world

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2013, 07:02 PM
I think 7 years is as far out as they will finance cars.
Ok, I was just using 10 as an example, I think mine maxed at 6

Im not picking on you Hal... But it's free money when its 0% interest... Take the tiny payments and pay more when you can. I wouldn't have depleted my cash either.

Exactly, in the scenario where he loses his job he could have made payments with that money until he found another. Also, not picking, just how I like to use money. Always keep as much of your own in the bank. ;)

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2013, 07:03 PM
the idea of paying for a car for 10 years...even at 150/mo...would cripple me in ways I can't describe here :lol:

I think about quitting my job often and this forces me to focus...for the short term anyways. Worst part for me is the 1.9% interest and it's livable in my small world

If its not 0% then it makes sense to pay it quick and minimize the interest

Muddy
09-09-2013, 07:04 PM

Just think about it Hal.. We both have been in your shoes many times... I hate to have an albatross hanging around my neck as well.. But capital is capital.. It's hard to come by.. If you ever lost your job you still have that capital and could pay the smaller payments for years.

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:04 PM

it's all good....but after the fact advice is advice I can't take, thanks for the thoughts though :lol:

this is my last day of holidays and I wanted to get the vehicle while I was off...switch insurance/registration, learn about the car and then sell my existing car to a guy at work...

that's not going to happen so now I'll have to do all of that while I'm at work (after being on vacation for 10 days) :(

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Just think about it Hal.. We both have been in your shoes many times... I hate to have an albatross hanging around my neck as well.. But capital is capital.. It's hard to come by.. If you ever lost your job you still have that capital and could pay the smaller payments for years.

yeah I'm kinda living on 27 dollars now....never was a rich guy but it's weird seeing no balance in my accounts :lol:

I've never had to get a mortgage on a house so my small finances are little worries...

Muddy
09-09-2013, 07:07 PM
TBH, When I refinanced my house... I wrote my self as big a check as I could out of my equity line and put it in my savings account before I closed it out and had it all refinanced.. I have a small 3% amount of interest on the new loan (which is tax deductible) and now I have a boatload of cash..

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Me too :tup:

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:12 PM
I guess I played out the limited amount of scenarios and reasoned that for my situation, getting the car paid ASAP was the most attractive.

Muddy
09-09-2013, 07:15 PM
I totally understand. Just keep in the back of your mind in the future though. Cash is king.

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:20 PM
yeah if Syria wipes you guys out, cash and gold ingots will rule the day! :lol:

*kinda half a joke there...

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
On there best day maybe they could wipe out a town.

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:34 PM
I often wonder (and don't Chicken Little me...) if something occurs....let's say a large EMP from the sun.

In one moment, everything with a chip ceases to function. Bank cards, credit cards, cars, pc's.....the works, all of it goes dark.

At that point we'd have to become a cash and barter only society. Food stores would have to put up cash only signs and the line ups to banks would become epic in scope.

I don't think the banks have the solvency to cover every user that comes there and demands all of their cash on the spot.

So besides an economic crisis of biblical proportions, we'd have people who have a lot of money on paper, but couldn't buy milk and food and gas for the week.

Seriously....how many times in the month do we actually pull out a bunch of currency and throw it in our wallets? I do it for coffee and a bad habit of mine, :lol: after that...it's all just notations on an ether-ledger in the sky...

Muddy
09-09-2013, 07:35 PM
yeah if Syria wipes you guys out, cash and gold ingots will rule the day! :lol:

*kinda half a joke there...

I know you're joking, but really.. You need capital to be able to borrow capital.. You never really spend any of it.. You just shuffle it around from one pile to another until you cash out.

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:35 PM
I hear that mang :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2013, 07:36 PM
I often wonder (and don't Chicken Little me...) if something occurs....let's say a large EMP from the sun.

In one moment, everything with a chip ceases to function. Bank cards, credit cards, cars, pc's.....the works, all of it goes dark.

At that point we'd have to become a cash and barter only society. Food stores would have to put up cash only signs and the line ups to banks would become epic in scope.

I don't think the banks have the solvency to cover every user that comes there and demands all of their cash on the spot.

So besides an economic crisis of biblical proportions, we'd have people who have a lot of money on paper, but couldn't buy milk and food and gas for the week.

Seriously....how many times in the month do we actually pull out a bunch of currency and throw it in our wallets? I do it for coffee and a bad habit of mine, :lol: after that...it's all just notations on an ether-ledger in the sky...

I keep a few grand on hand "in case shit"

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:37 PM
I keep my wiffle ball bat at the ready....in case shit :x

:thumbsup:

Muddy
09-09-2013, 07:38 PM
I dont use credit cards.. I use a bank checking account for day to day purchases and stock pile the big stuff.. (which isnt really that big)..

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:40 PM
all of our computer systems going down scares the shite out of me...

we've become too dependent on the tech to manage almost all aspects of our lives and Mother Nature has a habit of cleansing the world every few thousand years..

I feel a renewal on the horizon :lol:

*this happy thought brought to you today by Sunshine-9000

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2013, 07:41 PM
I think about that quite a bit as well

FBD
09-09-2013, 07:42 PM
FBD, so sorry to hear of your problems, truly. Not much I can say, other than yes, it does happen, and no, it's never fun when it does. If you do decide to "leave the country" (joking here, sorta) may I recommend Peru, specifically the Miraflores, or San Isidro areas of Lima? Awesome food, entertainments, gambling, shopping, health clubs, many martial arts domos. Not sure about meditation, but I'm willing to say it's very much there based on the expat society that I'm familiar with.
If you do go there, in about 5 more years, I'll meet ya there. Gotta get the youngest through college first. Bar nore, of all the places I've been in the world, this is my favorite. (Well, okay, Land's End is cool as hell to, but you gotta bring your own split tail, food and drinks)
Good stuff. Friend of a friend has a hermitage of sorts in the andes ;) boy did I have a big fkd up dream after getting word I was welcome to go there anytime...

Muddy
09-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Back in the 30's I think the banks seized all the cash and only paid out like 30% on the dollar...

FBD
09-09-2013, 07:44 PM
I keep my wiffle ball bat at the ready....in case shit :x

:thumbsup::lol:

I think about that quite a bit as well

I used to...now I just prepare and dont worry about it.

FBD
09-09-2013, 07:45 PM
the physical shiny stuff in hand, once the federal reserve fire starts...that shit is going to triple in value.

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:45 PM
like in the Die Hard movie...The Fire Sale scenario (true btw...)

where you cripple a city or a country by taking down it's banking systems first....it's like pulling out the loadstone in a structure

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Back in the 30's I think the banks seized all the cash and only paid out like 30% on the dollar...

that's another key moment....when something happens to our current economic system and the government in power makes 'THE' decision on how to handle it...

we either have no choice but to comply in the new world, or get our wiffle bats and march on the bastards! :x

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2013, 07:47 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:48 PM
you guys are turning me militant :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-09-2013, 07:50 PM
http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/1/8febb665f2e9689ab504f15d45ea8370/l.jpg

FBD
09-09-2013, 07:51 PM

FBD
09-09-2013, 07:52 PM
like in the Die Hard movie...The Fire Sale scenario (true btw...)

where you cripple a city or a country by taking down it's banking systems first....it's like pulling out the loadstone in a structure
they designed it that way

Hal-9000
09-09-2013, 07:58 PM
yeah I get a little antsy reading about 16 yr old hackers who get into the Federal Treasury database...

I try and have faith... but stability and seemingly solid defenses are only as good as what the last guy put into them.

Can you imagine...the net goes dark. What's your first day like?

going to the bank in person to find out what you have
going to a gas station with whatever disposable assets you have on hand...same for the grocery and clothing stores..
any portion of your job done online morphs into phone calls (if cell towers and satellites still work) and hand written documents....sent through an ailing postal system suddenly overwhelmed with letter mail...

and if you have an argument with someone, no more googling for links...you would actually have to find a book, tear out the page with the reference and then mail it to them! :x

FBD
09-09-2013, 09:21 PM
first order of business, get to the store and buy the remaining needed items.

then,

wait :waiting:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2013, 09:27 PM
No more big ticket spending for me after getting 2 sets of tires this past weekend

Richard Cranium
09-09-2013, 09:27 PM
This is why I maybe have/had firearms.

Richard Cranium
09-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Getting ready for winter?

http://www.amphibiousvehicle.net/amphi/R/Rolligon8x8sbII.jpeg

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2013, 09:29 PM

Yes, but not quite to that extreme ;)

redred
09-09-2013, 09:38 PM
2 newspapers

minz
09-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Floury baps and a packet of bacon!

Muddy
09-09-2013, 11:00 PM

Yes, but not quite to that extreme ;)

Thats Hals new Corolla..

Hal-9000
09-10-2013, 02:13 PM
I get to pick up my new car today :cheerlead:

and the boss gave me an extra day off to do all of the fun stuff :dance:

I hope they remembered the fuzzy dice accessory

PorkChopSandwiches
09-10-2013, 04:15 PM
I still havent bought gas, and went over 500 miles so far :dance:

Muddy
09-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Buy a fire extinguisher..

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Bwahahahahahahaha

PorkChopSandwiches
09-10-2013, 04:18 PM
:willie:

Muddy
09-10-2013, 04:20 PM
I was on facebook the other night asking a local Chevy dealership if their current fire was caused by a Chevy Volt.. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-10-2013, 04:22 PM
I saw that :lol: Dick

Muddy
09-10-2013, 04:27 PM
:lol: It was funny as shit... They never responded and took my post down.. Whats that tell you?

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2013, 04:28 PM
:tinfoil:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2013, 04:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xhtiV1T.jpg

Muddy
09-10-2013, 04:32 PM

Muddy
09-10-2013, 04:37 PM
No really though.. I think it's cool, Porky.. I hope it works out positive for you...

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2013, 04:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QCmYc5P.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2013, 04:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aycDjhe.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2013, 04:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VYSJeUR.png

PorkChopSandwiches
09-10-2013, 04:48 PM
:lol: It was funny as shit... They never responded and took my post down.. Whats that tell you?

They responded, said the fire was by you in Richmond, that dealership you sent the message to was in a different state

Muddy
09-10-2013, 05:37 PM
They responded, said the fire was by you in Richmond, that dealership you sent the message to was in a different state

I sent a second message to the one near me once I got that response.. They didn't respond and deleted it..

PorkChopSandwiches
09-10-2013, 05:45 PM
:hills:

Muddy
09-10-2013, 05:47 PM
I think the fires were more in an controlled crash test environment.. Thats all they have to say.. Instead of dodging me..:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Ha, but you were basically trashing them on their account :lol:

Muddy
09-10-2013, 05:56 PM
I just asked a simple question?

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 12:32 AM
The Volts are pretty good lookin cars IMO

Here's my compact ghetto car I picked up today..2014 Toyota Corolla :cheerlead:

http://i.imgur.com/bH9dohk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WJPmujG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Zqa8IOG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SV8cHWa.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2wfqlw9.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/3442yxt.jpg

check out the second last pic...passenger seat moved up, look at how much space is in the back. Not bad for a compact car, those Toyota PR guys were not full of it... :thumbsup:

Muddy
09-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Nice Hal!

KevinD
09-11-2013, 12:40 AM
Looks cool. So did Habib give you the $30 bucks yet for the Grand Amborghini?

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Nice Hal!

you asked about possible remorse? Oh fuck me Muddy I'm just listening to the news and Toyota has a massive recall again :lol: something about welding on the back suspension of certain vehicles...

Nutshell..

love the basic dash layout
love the infotainment features as they're easy to use, simple and large
love the seating positions and the seats themselves...it was like stepping into a 2014 grand am :lol:
love the visibility
love the auto heated mirrors, they detect cold and you don't have to turn them on
love the folding mirrors, had no idea they did that
love the large backup camera
love the full sized spare. A LOT of makes in this class don't give you a spare, you get a can of puncture repair...I'm looking at you Hyundai and Kia!!! :x
love the simplicity of the car...get in, drive and things are apparent. Try looking at a Ford Focus or Buick Verano console and do something quick on the fly :lol:

need to get used to flipping a button on the floor to open my gas tank :lol:
need to get used to column ignition placement and minimal tilt steering
need to get used to a car that has all working options :lol:
need to get used to having my phone paired with my my radio, setup was a breeze but dialing and speaking while driving is a whole new thing for me

don't like the rear seat headrests, wish I could remove them
don't like monthly payments, wish I could remove them
don't like the new car smell, it's changed since I last bought a car
it has less power and different brakes than my other car....still very smooth and easy to drive, no quirks

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Looks cool. So did Habib give you the $30 bucks yet for the Grand Amborghini?

TWO THOUSAND RUPEES!!!! (plus a camel or wife of my choice)

he was supposed to come over tonight but I teased him about needing a SW visa and passport to enter my neighborhood....we is predominantly white over here :lol:

KevinD
09-11-2013, 12:48 AM
On the blue tooth, just setup your phones voice commands. Like "Call Dad cell" Works for me. Best thing I ever did for my truck is pony up a couple more $$ for Bluetooth when I replaced the factory radio.
A lot of the rear seat headrests ARE removable, as they create large blind spots. The ones in my wife's car are not, but the rear seats do fold flat, so, I usually travel with them down.

KevinD
09-11-2013, 12:50 AM
2000inr, like I said, about $30 bucks. :lol:

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 12:55 AM
On the blue tooth, just setup your phones voice commands. Like "Call Dad cell" Works for me. Best thing I ever did for my truck is pony up a couple more $$ for Bluetooth when I replaced the factory radio.
A lot of the rear seat headrests ARE removable, as they create large blind spots. The ones in my wife's car are not, but the rear seats do fold flat, so, I usually travel with them down.

Oh yes it's not the setup or commands...it's actually conversing with someone while driving :lol: I don't do it...

and these rear seat headrests are stitched onto the seats themselves...no takey away

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 12:57 AM
2000inr, like I said, about $30 bucks. :lol:

seriously...the guy pushed and pushed and pushed....after I told him I don't want to sell a car to a coworker..I told him it would become a dealer's problem, not a friend's...

so he kept pushing, I named a price of 1500-2000 dollars and gave him a set of winter tires on rims...and we learned the meaning of the words AS IS..

Richard Cranium
09-11-2013, 01:10 AM
I bought one of these for Hal's new car.

http://i42.tinypic.com/4j5mhy.jpg

KevinD
09-11-2013, 01:10 AM
I've never sold a car to a co worker. Did sell one to a friend once, but he knew the motor was blown. (93 5.0 Thunderbird)

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 01:13 AM
I don't think it's good policy to sell to friends or coworkers, but we print business forms in our industry...I have about 200 bill of sale templates to pick from and I'm very particular of wording in contracts/agreements..

he knows the risks :lol:

I will miss that car however :(

KevinD
09-11-2013, 01:21 AM
Upside to the Rolla. Looks like it has more room in the back for date night gymnastics.
Downside: slower to get away when daddy pops out of the house with a shotgun. :lol:

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 01:44 AM
I'll just create a new type of high octane fuel...some ethanol mixed with gin and a little bit of rice to top it off..

:lol: I had to make the racial remark....Toyotas and Hondas have lost their 80's reputation up here because we manufacture them in Canada

Loser
09-11-2013, 01:47 AM
I don't think it's good policy to sell to friends or coworkers, but we print business forms in our industry...I have about 200 bill of sale templates to pick from and I'm very particular of wording in contracts/agreements..

he knows the risks :lol:

I will miss that car however :(

I always just write AS IS really big on a piece of paper and tell them to sign it :lol:

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 01:49 AM
seriously...the guy pushed and pushed and pushed....after I told him I don't want to sell a car to a coworker..I told him it would become a dealer's problem, not a friend's...

so he kept pushing, I named a price of 1500-2000 dollars and gave him a set of winter tires on rims...and we learned the meaning of the words AS IS..

yep :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-11-2013, 03:47 AM
The Volts are pretty good lookin cars IMO

Here's my compact ghetto car I picked up today..2014 Toyota Corolla :cheerlead:

http://i.imgur.com/bH9dohk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WJPmujG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Zqa8IOG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SV8cHWa.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2wfqlw9.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/3442yxt.jpg

check out the second last pic...passenger seat moved up, look at how much space is in the back. Not bad for a compact car, those Toyota PR guys were not full of it... :thumbsup:

:tup: nice color too

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Nice Hal, congratz on the new ride :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 04:20 PM
thanks dudes....everything is in the wrong place though!! :x

8-[

PorkChopSandwiches
09-11-2013, 04:34 PM
you wanted the steering wheel on the right side?

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 05:57 PM
they put the gas fillup hole on the left side...and I gotta use a button in the car to open the lid fss when I fill up...

damn Asians :x

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2013, 05:58 PM
they put the gas fillup hole on the left side...and I gotta use a button in the car to open the lid fss when I fill up...

damn Asians :x

Take the gas cap door off, problem solved :tup:

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 06:00 PM
I have folding mirrors for better wind resistance, aerodynamics and speed :thumbsup:

Muddy
09-11-2013, 06:11 PM
I have 2 turntables and a microphone.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2013, 06:15 PM
I have 2 turntables and a microphone.

I have two 12 inch subs, twin amps and some NOS

http://www.tehfalloutshelter.com/showthread.php?49616-Amazing-car-setup-two-12-inch-subs-twin-amps-and-some-NOS

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 06:24 PM
break in instructions for the new car...

no sudden stops
no constant speeds
no fast acceleration

so I take the bus instead? :lol:

Hal-9000
09-11-2013, 06:25 PM
One nice thing....threw some MP3's on a flash drive, plugged it in and the car audio knew the device and started playing the tunes instantly :thumbsup:

KevinD
09-12-2013, 12:28 AM
break in instructions for the new car...

no sudden stops This is so you don't warp the brake rotors
no constant speeds So the piston rings seat properly. Varying RPMs is recommended on all new motors
no fast acceleration That's a joke, right?

so I take the bus instead? :lol:

Have fun with it. The varying speeds will take care of itself during stop and go commutes. Just don't floor it until you have 500 miles or so. Curious, what is the recommended first oil change? I have always done mine on new cars or new/rebuilt motors at 500 miles.

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2013, 01:28 AM
:-k

500 miles? Really? What's the logic behind that?

KevinD
09-12-2013, 01:37 AM
I was taught when I was younger that you should change oil in a rebuilt/new engine or a new car at 500 miles due to initial wear of bearings etc. Every vehicle I've ever bought new has had more than 200,000 miles on it, and the engines I built never spun bearings. Though I have holed a block or two and broken several pistons. :lol:

One thing I find interesting, is that my wife's car came from the factory with full synthetic oil, yet the recommended interval is still 3,000 miles. I've always changed synthetic at 6,000 to 7,000 miles.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2013, 02:21 AM
My new car has scheduled oil changes once every 2 years :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-12-2013, 10:24 AM

How often are the scheduled fires? :-k

:nana:

Hal-9000
09-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Have fun with it. The varying speeds will take care of itself during stop and go commutes. Just don't floor it until you have 500 miles or so. Curious, what is the recommended first oil change? I have always done mine on new cars or new/rebuilt motors at 500 miles.

8000 kms or March...they gave me the first one free

Hal-9000
09-12-2013, 04:15 PM

that's kinda like the fast acceleration part you were questioning from my post.....:rolleyes:

Muddy
09-12-2013, 04:39 PM
I have two 12 inch subs, twin amps and some NOS

http://www.tehfalloutshelter.com/showthread.php?49616-Amazing-car-setup-two-12-inch-subs-twin-amps-and-some-NOS

Can I have one of the subs?

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2013, 04:52 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2012/08/volt-fire.jpg

Hal-9000
09-12-2013, 04:56 PM

your hippie car probably runs on Kenola or Olive Oil

PorkChopSandwiches
09-12-2013, 05:13 PM
EVOO

Richard Cranium
09-12-2013, 05:20 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2yk108w.jpg

RBP
10-01-2013, 10:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/O9BIebZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jY6tfO7.jpg

Hal-9000
10-01-2013, 10:25 PM
:x

whore's drawers you guys get cheap stuff down there...

what's the processor on that thing RBP, I must have missed it

I pay 279 for a very average 22 inch monitor ffs..

KevinD
10-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Air and oil filter, 5 qts of Mobile 1 5w-30, and some fuel injector cleaner. F-ing $59.

RBP
10-01-2013, 11:05 PM
:x

whore's drawers you guys get cheap stuff down there...

what's the processor on that thing RBP, I must have missed it

First line on the 2nd picture. AMD dual core E1-1500. 1.48

http://i40.tinypic.com/33a76o6.jpg

RBP
10-01-2013, 11:08 PM

I paid $109 each for my 23" monitors. :dance:

Richard Cranium
10-01-2013, 11:22 PM
I bought a drive coupler for my washing machine, $10.99 for the part and $27.99 for overnight shipping.

:banghead:

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 06:34 PM
First line on the 2nd picture. AMD dual core E1-1500. 1.48

http://i40.tinypic.com/33a76o6.jpg

:doh:

I'm not familiar with the AMD line and completely missed it, thanks.

looks like your onboard graphics adapter can handle minesweeper and solitaire....you're set :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 06:36 PM
I paid $109 each for my 23" monitors. :dance:

Imma coming down there for a short visit and going to load up my car with electronics, some clothes and some McRibs ...and I won't declare them on the trip back :thumbsup:

don't worry, I'll get a haircut and wear my upscale clothes so I can blend in with you republicans...I clean up well

Muddy
10-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Imma coming down there for a short visit and going to load up my car with electronics, some clothes and some McRibs ...

:rofl:

Richard Cranium
10-02-2013, 07:15 PM
don't worry, I'll get a haircut and wear my upscale clothes so I can blend in with you republicans...I clean up well

Hippy

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 07:45 PM
*puts up double peace sign over head*

Noilly Pratt
10-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Hal...check out Staples up here. $99 for a nice 22" monitor a couple of weeks ago. Now the Mrs. has a better monitor than I (an old 15" CRT!)

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Hal...check out Staples up here. $99 for a nice 22" monitor a couple of weeks ago. Now the Mrs. has a better monitor than I (an old 15" CRT!)

Thanks Noilly...I gots a nice 23 incher right now....but it's an Ultrasharp so they tend to cost a little more than the average TN panels..

PorkChopSandwiches
10-02-2013, 08:02 PM
http://zombie-juice.com/Zen/images/Mountain_Dew_Can.jpg

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 08:06 PM
here, have some dew off of my mountain pal :wank:

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 08:06 PM
and it's sugar free :tup:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-02-2013, 08:15 PM
:hand: Too much sodium

Hal-9000
10-02-2013, 08:34 PM
is that why chicks always get bitchy when I throw a scalding stream or two into their eyes?

ffs it's a form of flattery I thought..

PorkChopSandwiches
10-02-2013, 11:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pF44n9F.png

HTC One for my wife and I

Front facing speakers FTW

Muddy
10-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Imma take the plunge soon.. Fuckin price gouging nazis..

Richard Cranium
10-03-2013, 12:00 AM
HTC

http://dlo9dp2r69urx.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/humongous-tinfoil-catamaran.jpg

:headbang:

Southern Belle
10-04-2013, 03:53 AM
These boots:
http://i41.tinypic.com/iv9wn9.jpg

Goofy
10-06-2013, 11:26 AM
A new PC :)

KevinD
10-06-2013, 04:55 PM
6 pack of bud light, bag of ice, and some new picks.

Richard Cranium
10-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Socks and a steak

redred
10-06-2013, 07:02 PM
a few ciders :woot:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-08-2013, 06:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TYm9ZHt.png

Muddy
10-08-2013, 07:52 PM
Thats like $15.00 worth of bullets.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Box of 500 son. Only .30 a piece with shipping, not to shabby

Goofy
10-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Pew pew!

PorkChopSandwiches
10-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Going to the range in a couple weeks, thats good for range ammo.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-14-2013, 12:43 PM
A new bed for our dog's crate, a new faucet set for the master bath vanity, a new handle for the master bath toilet

KevinD
10-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Air conditioner coil cleaner, some light bulbs, and some roof tar.

Muddy
10-28-2013, 05:45 PM
An I4S, a I5S, and an S4..

PorkChopSandwiches
10-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Sounds expensive

Muddy
10-28-2013, 06:53 PM
About 750 with upgrade fees and all that shit.

Hal-9000
10-28-2013, 07:21 PM
An I4S, a I5S, and an S4..

are those I-stuff Muddy...phones?

Muddy
10-28-2013, 08:02 PM
are those I-stuff Muddy...phones?

Iphone 4S, Iphone 5S, and a Galaxy S4.

Hal-9000
10-28-2013, 08:14 PM
I'm still rocking my Nokia ghetto-1 phone....the I-family is all greek to me

DemonGeminiX
11-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Just paid my final car payment. I now officially own my car.

DemonGeminiX
11-12-2013, 10:51 PM
A new toilet seat.

FBD
11-13-2013, 12:34 PM
always a good feelin, dgx!

I broke down and bought a real vacuum. the shop vac was just NOT picking up cat hair :lol:

Muddy
11-13-2013, 02:36 PM
3 new bikes..

Goofy
11-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Fish supper......... and it was fucking soooooperb!!! :yum:

Previous to that - bought a DAB digital radio for the workshop........ been listening to Planet Rock all day, my air guitar has taken a hammering http://i.imgur.com/YX6cJeh.gif

redred
11-21-2013, 09:19 PM
3 new bikes..

What you get?

Goofy
11-21-2013, 09:30 PM
What you get?

http://i.imgur.com/OAl2S3S.jpg

redred
11-21-2013, 09:38 PM
I have something like the middle one but with 2 foot high ape bars on it like the one on the right

Muddy
11-21-2013, 11:33 PM
A pictures word a thousand words, Stinky..

Muddy
11-21-2013, 11:34 PM
What you get?

They were all for one child.. Couldn't find the one that fit! I did return 2 btw..

redred
11-22-2013, 07:04 AM
A pictures word a thousand words, Stinky..

Its rainy season I won't be riding it till next year now

Teh One Who Knocks
11-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Another $50 vet visit.

Muddy
12-01-2013, 09:58 PM
32" led smart for the dining room/ multi purpose room. 32g x 2 memory for the kids galaxy tabs. 16 bucks each. Viernes negro

deebakes
12-01-2013, 10:57 PM
you are almost single handedly supporting the economy muddy :shock:

Muddy
12-02-2013, 12:09 AM
you are almost single handedly supporting the economy muddy :shock:

Thats funny.. Really though, Black Friday sale + open box + floor demo.. I got a beautiful TV for $209..

deebakes
12-02-2013, 12:35 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/nzlqm8.jpg

Muddy
12-02-2013, 01:37 AM
30 days same as cash, baby..

Hal-9000
12-02-2013, 04:58 PM
about half of my Christmas shopping

DemonGeminiX
12-09-2013, 03:11 AM
Gift Cards for Christmas.

KevinD
12-09-2013, 04:44 AM
New tires for the wife's car. F-ing $1,200.

deebakes
12-09-2013, 05:05 AM
:shock:

i got a new set for my car a month or so ago and paid $300 :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
12-09-2013, 05:07 AM
A few more Christmas gifts. I might be finished.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-09-2013, 11:33 AM
New tires for the wife's car. F-ing $1,200.

Did you have a big ginormous hat with the word SUCKER written on it when you went to buy them? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
12-09-2013, 11:33 AM
A few more Christmas gifts. I might be finished.

I think we're finished, just a few random things left and we should be all done.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-09-2013, 12:42 PM
A Christmas tree

KevinD
12-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Wife's car has oddball sizes. OEM is 225/45/19. Since I don't like any of the tires offered in that size (limited selection) I changed to 245/45/19 which has a bit better selection range. I went back with the Continental Extreme Contact DWS (30,000 mi warranty) I got 55,000 miles out of last set, and they are great dry traction, and superb wet/rain traction. Her car is front wheel drive with @ 300hp, and was squirrelly as hell to drive with OEM tires. Way too much torque steer. With the Contis, all is well.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-09-2013, 05:56 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81xlboCOT9L._SL1500_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512a2DthJdL.jpg

redred
12-09-2013, 06:09 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512a2DthJdL.jpg

hope that isn't for you :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Amazon was nice enough to rip it to my account for free :lol:

DemonGeminiX
12-09-2013, 06:46 PM
What color panties did it come with?

DemonGeminiX
12-09-2013, 06:57 PM
I think we're finished, just a few random things left and we should be all done.

I gotta cut a few checks for my nephews but after everything's in the mail, I'll be chilling through the holidays.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-09-2013, 07:01 PM
What color panties did it come with?

:hand: They are MANties

DemonGeminiX
12-09-2013, 07:03 PM

DemonGeminiX
12-11-2013, 01:11 AM
$10 worth of Mega Millions tickets

PorkChopSandwiches
12-11-2013, 01:31 AM
A light brite for 4 and a junior electrical kit (pretty cool)

KevinD
12-11-2013, 01:46 AM
A light brite for 4 and a junior electrical kit (pretty cool)

Get the chemistry kit too, it's a blast!

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Get the chemistry kit too, it's a blast!

I think the chemistry set I had when I was a kid was one of my most favorite toys ever.

DemonGeminiX
12-13-2013, 11:59 PM
$13 of Mega Millions tickets. $3 was from my previous $10 play.

So I'm currently down $20.

Hal-9000
12-14-2013, 12:25 AM
I think the chemistry set I had when I was a kid was one of my most favorite toys ever.

chemistry set
lawn darts
Daisy BB gun

:thumbsup: best toys ever

KevinD
12-14-2013, 04:44 AM
Bought a new cheap guitar to keep at apartment in Odessa. Now just have to make time to practice. So-so deal, $112 with gig bag, $10 for a stand, and a hand full of picks, and some Martin strings for free.

Fender FA-100

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/kmdracer/IMG_00000057_zps535eab69.jpg

Dunno why pic is coming out sideways. It's not on PB.

Muddy
12-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Bought a new cheap guitar to keep at apartment in Odessa. Now just have to make time to practice. So-so deal, $112 with gig bag, $10 for a stand, and a hand full of picks, and some Martin strings for free.

Fender FA-100

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq223/kmdracer/IMG_00000057_zps535eab69.jpg

Dunno why pic is coming out sideways. It's not on PB.

How are your skills progressing?

PorkChopSandwiches
12-14-2013, 03:26 PM
1oz blue dream, 1oz J1

redred
12-14-2013, 04:24 PM
a gram of ket

PorkChopSandwiches
12-14-2013, 04:36 PM
:khole:

redred
12-14-2013, 04:51 PM
just need to find the perfect balance :lol:

RBP
12-14-2013, 04:52 PM
1oz blue dream, 1oz J1

a gram of ket

That's drugs?

PorkChopSandwiches
12-14-2013, 05:06 PM
http://humboldtrelief.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Blue-Dream-Outdoor-Marijuana-Los-Angeles.jpg

http://reviews.nuggetry.com/post-pics/live-writer-pics/february-2009/J1ResedaDiscountCaregivers_B855/11809j1resedadiscountcaregivers003.jpg

redred
12-14-2013, 06:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/r7SIMNR.jpg
no just some horse tranquilizer :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-14-2013, 11:42 PM

minz
12-15-2013, 01:16 AM
A 6 month old Yemen Chameleon.

Hal-9000
12-15-2013, 04:52 AM
life size picture of Minz, laminated

8-[

redred
12-15-2013, 11:02 AM
what happened to the last one?

KevinD
12-16-2013, 05:25 AM
How are your skills progressing?

Getting a bit better. I had regressed there for awhile. Wasn't practicing regularly enough, and when I would try to practice, was bungling chords like a crack crazed bum. Still working on chord progressions and a few minors, 7ths, etc. Hopefully, I won't be as busy here in Odessa as the last two days. Yesterday and today combined for 32hrs of work. Tired as crap.

DemonGeminiX
12-17-2013, 01:36 AM
A movie ticket, dinner at a Mexican restaurant, and lottery tickets.

RBP
12-17-2013, 02:15 AM
lunch supplies, booze, cigarettes, and lottery tickets

My usual white trash shopping. :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-17-2013, 11:22 AM
A couple last minute Christmas gifts to round out the shopping for this year....done and done.

I hate buying gifts for my dad, he's near impossible to get something for :wha: