PDA

View Full Version : Hanging-Man Halloween Display Draws Complaints

Teh One Who Knocks
11-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Written by the Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/BiLxZ.jpg

DUBLIN, Ohio -- An Ohio homeowner has moved a Halloween decoration of a hanging man because police said some found it too realistic and spooky.

Officers in the Columbus suburb of Dublin said they received five complaints about the 6-foot figure hanging in a tree close to a road. Police told WSYX-TV that people found the display disturbing and feared it could cause a traffic accident.

The homeowner, who asked not to be identified, tells the station that Halloween should be creepy and that his decoration was "all in good fun."

But he moved it to a tree closer to his house and away from the street. Where it used to hang, he has placed a sign that says: "less realistic decoration."

Joebob034
11-01-2011, 07:16 PM
it's also racist

deebakes
11-02-2011, 01:11 AM
seems unfair :sad:

RBP
11-02-2011, 01:13 AM
it's also racist

How is it racist?

deebakes
11-02-2011, 01:21 AM
because it's a man hanging... it should be a woman. isn't that what you always advocate for? :-k

RBP
11-02-2011, 01:50 AM
because it's a man hanging... it should be a woman. isn't that what you always advocate for? :-k

:-s

That would be sexist. And no I don't advocate for hanging women. :lol:

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Guy on our block had a castle front, mini graveyard and some good effects.All well done.
Near the end of the night I could hear this soft voice creep over to our yard repeatedly....'Help meeeee, help meeee, help meeeee'

It unnerved the shit outta me :lol:

JoeyB
11-02-2011, 04:31 AM
Guy on our block had a castle front, mini graveyard and some good effects.All well done.
Near the end of the night I could hear this soft voice creep over to our yard repeatedly....'Help meeeee, help meeee, help meeeee'

It unnerved the shit outta me :lol:

They may seem like "special effects" today, but, a couple of years from now the police will dig up the corpses...

Joebob034
11-02-2011, 03:55 PM
How is it racist?

Oh you didn't know? Anything depicted the hanging of someone is automatically racist.