PDA

View Full Version : High school track coach admits to sex with minor, will get probation

Teh One Who Knocks
11-01-2011, 11:31 PM
The Daily Courier

http://i.imgur.com/Ua2bx.jpg

A one-time volunteer track coach at Chino Valley High School admitted to sexual conduct with a minor in court Monday and will likely get three years' probation.

Elisha Humes, 21, of Chino Valley, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and sexual conduct with a minor.

Humes was arrested in the early hours of March 23, when a Prescott police officer patrolling Heritage Park spotted him in a car with a 15-year-old girl. Police allege Humes was having sex with the Chino Valley High School student in the car.

"The sexual activity between Humes and the girl appears to have been going on for a couple of weeks," Prescott Police spokesman Lt. Tim Fletcher said. "Detectives learned they had apparently sent text messages back and forth to each other."

The plea deal Humes accepted specifies probation for the aggravated assault charge with prison time for the child sex charge only if he violates the terms of probation.

Humes, who is out on bond, will be sentenced Nov. 28.

RBP
11-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Too light a sentence.

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 12:39 AM
It's a man that committed the heinous offense? :shock:

give him the chair :x

RBP
11-02-2011, 12:42 AM
It's a man that committed the heinous offense? :shock:

give him the chair :x

:slap:

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 12:43 AM
:rolleyes:

I knew you were peeking through the keyhole :)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-02-2011, 12:45 AM
I say good for him :cheers:

And nice to see he got a decent lawyer :tup:

deebakes
11-02-2011, 12:52 AM
:lwank:

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 12:52 AM

:shock:

do not inflame the RBP!

RBP
11-02-2011, 12:54 AM

:lwank:

:shock:

do not inflame the RBP!

:villagers:

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 01:00 AM
It seems the descriptive prose is lightening up on the male cases...no more monsters, or heinous crimes, or predatory adjectives...

RBP
11-02-2011, 01:01 AM
In this story anyway, that's quite true, Hal.

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 01:04 AM
The strange thing about the past 20 stories or so, is that each relationship is consensual.Teachers and kids.I know it doesn't excuse the behavior, interesting societal development nonetheless.Like the kids somehow think it's ok to get poked by someone 25 years their senior.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-02-2011, 01:07 AM
She was asking for it....running around the gym in her tight little track shorts and tank top [-(

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 01:08 AM
...exiting thread now :lol:

RBP
11-02-2011, 01:09 AM
She was asking for it....running around the gym in her tight little track shorts and tank top [-(

:lol: little hussy!

deebakes
11-02-2011, 01:22 AM

:drool:

JoeyB
11-02-2011, 04:39 AM
I'm going to say something controversial...bear in mind the age of consent varies state to state being as low as sixteen. Some states have lower ages of consent, but only for minor on minor sex. Sixteen is the lowest age of consent where the age of the other partner is irrelevant as long as they are as old or older and consenting.

That said...we need to get together as a nation and set one age, and furthermore, the girl in this story was fifteen. I'd argue that with the rapid maturity of today's youth, that an age of consent as low as fifteen would not be entirely unreasonable, and a national age of sixteen would be completely acceptable (nearly 3/5ths of all states are at sixteen right now anyway, so pardon the pun but it's already the majority).

And we need to stop labeling people who have sex with adult appearing teens as child molesters.

RBP
11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm going to say something controversial...bear in mind the age of consent varies state to state being as low as sixteen. Some states have lower ages of consent, but only for minor on minor sex. Sixteen is the lowest age of consent where the age of the other partner is irrelevant as long as they are as old or older and consenting.

That said...we need to get together as a nation and set one age, and furthermore, the girl in this story was fifteen. I'd argue that with the rapid maturity of today's youth, that an age of consent as low as fifteen would not be entirely unreasonable, and a national age of sixteen would be completely acceptable (nearly 3/5ths of all states are at sixteen right now anyway, so pardon the pun but it's already the majority).

And we need to stop labeling people who have sex with adult appearing teens as child molesters.

You're ignoring the teacher/student relationship which is based on power. We can't give teachers who choose to use that power relationship to their sexual advantage a free pass.

JoeyB
11-02-2011, 08:54 PM
You're ignoring the teacher/student relationship which is based on power. We can't give teachers who choose to use that power relationship to their sexual advantage a free pass.

Yes, I was ignoring that, because I was addressing an issue about ages.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-02-2011, 08:57 PM

:lol:

Hal-9000
11-02-2011, 10:02 PM

he made me leave the thread with that one...:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-02-2011, 10:06 PM

he made me leave the thread with that one...:lol:

http://i.imgur.com/ZUD6X.gif