PDA

View Full Version : UFO researchers downgrade Colombian UFO from "contact with extraterrestrial civilizations" to "really cool kite"

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Columbia Reports

http://i.imgur.com/HZe75.jpg

Crowds of excited onlookers gathered in the streets of Medellin Sunday to get a glimpse of an unidentified flying object which turned out to be a kite with Christmas lights.

The initial breathless account of impending alien invasion delivered by my local delivery boy was later ruthlessly dismissed by the close-minded cynics at Colombian news outlet El Tiempo.

It appears the object of interest was simply a kite covered in Christmas lights, attached to a rope, operated by a mischievous prankster.

Carlos Montoya, a local taxi driver, said "it was a U-shape and it was covered in twinkling colored lights".

"The object moved on its axis, but it was attached to a rope. Whoever did this must have cracked up laughing!" the driver joked.

Locals rushed for their cell phones, cameras, binoculars and even telescopes to get a better view of the mysterious object, which has now commonly been dismissed as a crude hoax.

"To me it definitely looked like a kite from the beginning. So much fuss over nothing!" a female onlooker remarked, laughing to herself.