PDA

View Full Version : Heavy D - Dead at 44

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2011, 10:35 PM
By the TMZ Staff

http://i.imgur.com/IRfXK.jpg

Rap legend Heavy D -- one of the most influential rappers of the '90s -- died earlier today ... TMZ has learned.

Heavy D -- real name Dwight Arrington Myers -- was rushed to an L.A. hospital around noon today ... and was pronounced dead at the hospital at 1 PM. He was 44 years old.

We've learned a 911 call was placed from Heavy's Beverly Hills home around 11:25 AM to report an unconscious male on the walkway .

When help arrived, we're told Heavy D was conscious and speaking -- and was transported to a nearby hospital.

He died a short time later.

Cops are investigating the death -- and so far, there are no obvious signs of foul play.

Heavy D had several massive hits -- including "Now That We Found Love." He also wrote and performed the theme song for "In Living Color" ... and appeared as an actor in the movie "Life."

Heavy just performed at the Michael Jackson Tribute Concert in Wales on October 8. He sang "Jam" with La Toya Jackson -- and rocked it.

Muddy
11-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Oh No! I liked ol' Heavy D back in the day..

Hal-9000
11-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Heart attack? :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Oh No! I liked ol' Heavy D back in the day..

Same here :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNEgUPKxk7A&ob=av2n

Teh One Who Knocks
11-08-2011, 11:01 PM
Heart attack? :-s

Very real possibility

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Heavy D, Big Tyme Rapper, Dead at 44
by Natalie Finn - E! Online

Another hitmaker gone too soon.

Platinum-selling rapper Heavy D died Tuesday of as-yet unknown causes after being rushed to a Los Angeles hospital. He was 44.

"RIP. Heavy D. i can;t believe that. I can't. Was just in London w him. WTF," tweeted Estelle.

And the outpouring of tributes continued, proving that Heavy D truly was a man of the people.

Just a few weeks ago, the old-school favorite performed a medley of his greatest hits, including "Nuttin' But Love," "Is It Good to You," "I Want Somebody" and "Now That We Found Love," at the 2011 BET Hip-Hop Awards.

He also appeared Oct. 8 at the Michael Jackson tribute concert in Cardiff, Wales.

"Man. I was just with Heavy D recently in London," tweeted Ne-Yo. "Had I known it'd be the last time I'd see him, I woulda told him he was truly great. RIP..."

Born Dwight Arrington Myers in Jamaica, the hip-hop artist scored his biggest hits in the late 1980s and 1990s as part of Heavy D and the Boyz. The group's sophomore album, Big Tyme, and Nuttin' But Love in 1994 hit No. 1 on the U.S. R&B chart.

Heavy D posted his last tweet just 16 hours ago, writing, "BE INSPIRED!" About an hour before that, he had written, "SMOKIN JOE FRAZIER..RIP.. truly one of the best heavyweight champs that ever lived.. GODS SPEED,MR FRAZIER!"

"R.I.P Rap legend Heavy D One Of The Most Influential Rappers Of The '90s Era... Smh Another Sad Day For Music You Will Def Be Missed Man," tweeted Sean Kingston.

"Last tweet of the day: Rest In Paradise to a GOOD FRIEND & legendary hip hop icon Dwight Arrington 'Heavy D' Myers. Damn life sometimes !!!" wrote the rapper Game.

"RIP Heavy D......you were one of the greats an will not be forgotten," tweeted Uncle Kracker.

"RIP HEAVY D! He was a really nice man! Sending my condolences to him and his family!" wrote Ciara.

"Ahhhh RIP Heavy D. SO Sad :( I grew up on his music....," added reality-TV star Shanna Moakler.

"Ahhh man! Heavy D?! Dwight wz a dear friend. Fond memories of a truly cool brutha," tweeted Samuel L. Jackson.

"Heavy D gave me advice when I was pregnant. He said, 'Cherish every single moment. It goes by way too fast'. Rest in peace, Heavy D," wrote Alyssa Milano.

In addition to his work with the Boyz, Heavy D also recorded the theme songs to In Living Color and MADtv and, before topping the charts with Nuttin' But Love, appeared on the TV shows Roc, A Different World and Living Single.

The actor-rapper also had roles on the big screen in the Eddie Murphy comedy Life, Big Trouble and The Cider House Rules, and has a cameo as a security guard in Tower Heist.

Per TMZ, which first reported Heavy D's death, a 911 call was made from his Beverly Hills home at 11:25 a.m. reporting an unconscious man on an outside walkway, and he was pronounced dead at 1 p.m. Police are conducting a routine investigation and so far do not suspect foul play.

Muddy
11-09-2011, 12:15 AM
tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet... Who gives a shit... What happened?

PorkChopSandwiches
11-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Diddly diddly diddle dead

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 01:45 AM
the McRib got him..

RBP
11-09-2011, 02:43 AM
tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet... Who gives a shit... What happened?

:lol: you're such a curmudgeon.

deebakes
11-09-2011, 04:13 AM
so sad :(