PDA

View Full Version : Jailbroken Wii?

Godfather
11-10-2011, 04:28 AM
Has anyone tried jailbreaking their wii? I've owned one for years and used it maybe 3 times.

Jailbreaking it seems ridiculously easy... download program to SD card, install it on Wii and then burn ripped games to DVD's and enjoy them free of charge.

If I brick it, that's no big deal. I'm never online so also not worried about being busted.

But has anyone tried it, does it work well and are these games coded/ripped nicely?

redred
11-10-2011, 08:21 AM
i thought you needed to piggy back a chip inside ,i did look into it once but sold the wii and got a ps3 instead

Loser
11-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Nah, you don't need a chip, it depends on what firmware you run.

If you run under a certain firmware, you can jailbreak it, then install homebrew.

I did this years ago, and can't remember the entire process, but needless to say, I have a 500gig external hard drive hooked up to my wii with "Backed" up games on it. ;)

-edit-

As for games being "ripped" nicely, it all depends. Certain games only run on certain firmwares, but for the most part, I haven't had a single problem with my setup. I'm sure it's gotten easier since I've done it.

I'll try to find all the links to where I got help and post them here, just gimme a lil bit.

Loser
11-10-2011, 12:48 PM
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/60921-guide-softmod-any-wii.html

Read both of those links, and I mean read, don't skim :P

Those two should get you through the initial setup etc..

If you plan on running an external hard drive for backups, you will need a wbfs program. I use wbfs manager, its free.

http://wbfsmanager.codeplex.com/

Also, sent you a pm.

Godfather
11-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Veeeeery nice, thank you so much Los :mrgeen:

fricnjay
11-11-2011, 08:09 PM
I know a guy who will do it for 25 bucks. :thumbsup:

Goofy
11-11-2011, 08:41 PM
I know a guy who will do it for 25 ducks :thumbsup: Admittedly he is a bit quackers......

Godfather
12-12-2011, 06:20 PM
So, I cracked it yesterday. Spent quite a while reading and getting things read, going back and forth between PC and Wii. It was a little more difficult because I wanted to play games from my External

Then I finally put the first game I'd downloaded in and I couldn't play. Because I don't have the stupid fuggin' Wii Motion Plus it demands :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-12-2011, 06:25 PM
:doh:

Loser
12-12-2011, 08:53 PM
So, I cracked it yesterday. Spent quite a while reading and getting things read, going back and forth between PC and Wii. It was a little more difficult because I wanted to play games from my External

Then I finally put the first game I'd downloaded in and I couldn't play. Because I don't have the stupid fuggin' Wii Motion Plus it demands :lol:

Yea, ran into that myself :lol:

Godfather
12-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Yea, ran into that myself :lol:

:lol: What a rip off eh.

Loser
12-13-2011, 01:48 AM
Plus is, they are super cheap now off amazon ;)

Godfather
12-13-2011, 03:11 AM
I figured they're cheap... I kinda wana just go out and buy one right now so I've still won :lol:

Acid Trip
12-13-2011, 04:38 AM
I figured they're cheap... I kinda wana just go out and buy one right now so I've still won :lol:

Did you really win or did Nintendo win because they got you to go buy the Wii+ ?

Godfather
12-13-2011, 04:41 AM
Grrr...