DemonGeminiX
01-19-2015, 12:21 AM
[-(

PorkChopSandwiches
01-19-2015, 12:44 AM
I meant to bet on GB too

DemonGeminiX
01-19-2015, 03:05 AM
At least the Patriots game turned out the way I expected.

deebakes
01-19-2015, 03:46 AM
with this matchup, not sure i am actually going to watch the super bowl this year :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
01-19-2015, 04:51 AM
Me either, but given that it's the Super bowl, there won't be much else on TV. Unless a really good movie that I want to see is in the theaters, I'm kinda stuck.

deebakes
01-19-2015, 04:56 AM
i can always find something else to do, i just know that i wont be planning on doing anything "special" for it (have people over, make a bunch of appetizers, etc). :shrug:

RBP
01-19-2015, 05:44 AM
:dance::banana::cheers::excited: Can you tell who I put money on????

Did the line stay at 7?

The GB betters won anyway...

Goofy
01-19-2015, 07:45 AM
with this matchup, not sure i am actually going to watch the super bowl this year :shrug:

Me either, but given that it's the Super bowl, there won't be much else on TV. Unless a really good movie that I want to see is in the theaters, I'm kinda stuck.
I wont be watching it either :thumbsup:

I would watch it if you eejits would have it on a saturday instead of a sunday :roll: Normally starts about midnight sunday/monday my time, fuck that!

Yt Trash
01-19-2015, 12:16 PM
Did the line stay at 7?

The GB betters won anyway...

I'm in a pool at work. There's about $1200. It started with a $25 buy in at wild card games, $5 every week after that, no buy backs. I'm still in it. There's about 9 left from about 35. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize money.

I also picked New England, the 9 who are left have picked the same teams the past 2 weeks so now we pick winner of super Bowl and scores on all four quarters.

FBD
01-19-2015, 02:34 PM
So is Mike McCarthy resigning today? I swear, a monkey with a xbox controller and ESPN football on could have called a better second half. Sherman hyperextends his elbow and the fool doesnt go for it when its all numb and stingy? Better yet, let's not target sherman the whole rest of the game, he's injured and might not be able to make a play on it! Starks had that one good power run, but he aint Lacey, and he didnt look like himself yesterday either. And what was Matthews doing on the sideline immediately after that horribly played onside kick? Arguably their best player, game's on the line, other team just recovers an onside to go down for the win, and....he's on the sideline? :facepalm:

So basically those fuckwads were blessed with a 16 point lead that really should have been high 20s or low 30s if they had actually scored touchdowns, and then tried to take most of the second half carefully guarding their lead, or whatever you want to call that pathetic collection of plays called.

Mike McCarthy should be publicly flogged and then hosed down in the middle of Green Bay, Wisconsin on a nice cold day.

As usual the Seahawks would not have pulled it off without beast mode, who made his dick grabs rather stealthy :lol:

That Pats Colts game was absolutely pathetic - hey Colts, if you're going to spend so much on a QB, you might want to pick up some receivers who can actually catch the ball! That was the singular reason that was such a blowout last night, the Colts were never able to keep their offense rolling because every time there was a need for getting a pass made it would up on the ground. I think Luck did ok, but cmon... there were like 2 receptions all game :lol:

and jesus, Blount looks like beast mode II...

FBD
01-19-2015, 02:35 PM
So is Mike McCarthy resigning today? I swear, a monkey with a xbox controller and ESPN football on could have called a better second half. Sherman hyperextends his elbow and the fool doesnt go for it when its all numb and stingy? Better yet, let's not target sherman the whole rest of the game, he's injured and might not be able to make a play on it! Starks had that one good power run, but he aint Lacey, and he didnt look like himself yesterday either. And what was Matthews doing on the sideline immediately after that horribly played onside kick? Arguably their best player, game's on the line, other team just recovers an onside to go down for the win, and....he's on the sideline? :facepalm:

So basically those fuckwads were blessed with a 16 point lead that really should have been high 20s or low 30s if they had actually scored touchdowns, and then tried to take most of the second half carefully guarding their lead, or whatever you want to call that pathetic collection of plays called.

Mike McCarthy should be publicly flogged and then hosed down in the middle of Green Bay, Wisconsin on a nice cold day.

As usual the Seahawks would not have pulled it off without beast mode, who made his dick grabs rather stealthy :lol:

That Pats Colts game was absolutely pathetic. That was the singular reason that was such a blowout last night, the Colts were never able to keep their offense rolling because every time there was a need for getting a pass made it wound up on the ground. I think Luck did ok, but cmon... there were like 2 receptions all game :lol:

and jesus, Blount looks like beast mode II...

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2015, 11:39 AM

I won't be watching

And I'm still wondering how much they paid Green Bay to throw that game :|

FBD
01-20-2015, 03:01 PM
:lol: my best friend got offered super bowl tickets cheap :haha: I'm like sure, you can bring a 1 year old....14 month old... to the super bowl :lol:

KevinD
01-20-2015, 08:45 PM
I've figured out Elways plan for the Broncs. Since Kubiak is demonstrably able to produce a last place team with all star players, Elway must be going for the first draft pick in 16. Guess who all will be up for draft then?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2015, 11:06 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/IG1cDoW.jpg

An NFL investigation reportedly has determined that 11 of the 12 game footballs used by the New England Patriots during Sunday's AFC Championship game were under-inflated by two pounds per square inch below the required minimum.

ESPN reported late Tuesday that the league had made the determination earlier in the day and described NFL officials as "disappointed", "angry", and "distraught." However, it is not known how the balls became under-inflated.

Under NFL rules, each team is provided with 12 balls to use on offense during the game. The balls are required to made available for inspection and approval by the game referee two hours and fifteen minutes before kickoff. The balls are required to be inflated between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch and weigh between 14 and 15 ounces. Teams are not allowed to alter the balls in any way once they are approved by the officiating crew.

The Boston Globe reported late Tuesday that the officiating crew for Sunday's game, led by referee Walt Anderson, discovered at halftime that the game balls were under-inflated after testing them with two different gauges.

Earlier Tuesday NFL senior executive vice president for football operations Troy Vincent told ProFootballTalk that the league expected to complete its investigation in "the next two or three days." The league has not commented publicly on the ESPN report.

The Patriots defeated the Colts 45-7 to advance to their sixth Super Bowl since 2001. They will play the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl on Feb. 1 in Glendale, Ariz.

redred
01-21-2015, 11:46 AM
do both teams catch and throw the same set of balls ? i was just reading this but can't see an advantage if they share the balls :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2015, 11:54 AM
No, each team gets a set of one dozen balls for them to use on offense, so the balls the Patriots used when on offense were different than the ones used by the Colts when they were on offense.

redred
01-21-2015, 11:56 AM
well thats cheating then :lol:

FBD
01-21-2015, 01:19 PM
:lol: to some it would seem rather obvious, no? if the patriots deflated their balls and the colts were made to play with regulation pressure

oh wait I'm sarry, this is tawmy we-ah tawkin ah-bout...awl is fahgiven

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2015, 03:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GDG9sxO.jpg

FBD
01-21-2015, 03:44 PM
ok, so, the refs found this out at halftime, and we're now discussing this days later....meanwhile, thhey played the entire second half without the refs having DONE anything about it??

:slap:

deebakes
01-22-2015, 12:31 AM
:obama:

DemonGeminiX
03-04-2015, 09:26 PM
:shock:

SON OF A BITCH!!!

The Eagles traded Shady?!?!?!?!

deebakes
03-05-2015, 01:45 AM
for a linebacker :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-05-2015, 01:55 AM
I know. WTF?

To be fair, the coming draft is full of RB talent, and RBs don't last forever, but Shady still has a few good years left in him, and they didn't even get a draft pick with the trade.

deebakes
03-05-2015, 03:03 AM
its a weird one :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2015, 11:13 AM
for a linebacker :lol:

And some magic beans :tup:

DemonGeminiX
03-07-2015, 06:44 PM
The Bears trade Brandon Marshall to the Jets

RBP
03-07-2015, 07:04 PM
The Bears trade Brandon Marshall to the Jets

The ones who get it are dancing in the streets. The rest are gnashing teeth. Total douchebag, good riddance.

DemonGeminiX
03-07-2015, 07:12 PM
:-k

Did he beat up his wife or something? I'm not talking about Cutler, btw.

RBP
03-07-2015, 07:20 PM

Did he beat up his wife or something? I'm not talking about Cutler, btw.

I think he has 23 arrests for domestic issues? Uses a "borderline personality disorder" diagnosis to give himself a pass for every self-indulgent, harmful, distracting act. He suggests boxing people on twitter, rants in the locker room, holds hour long press conferences, etc etc... the guy is a mess, he's eventually shown his true colors everywhere he's been, and has never played on a playoff team. Some want to use his numbers as proof of his worth, but this past season he wasn't even that good. He only had 4 catches over 20 yards and his yardage after the catch ranked like 167th in the league or something.

He's simply not worth it, and the Bears got some value for a guy they would most likely have had to cut anyway.

DemonGeminiX
03-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Sources say WR Jeremy Maclin will not resign with the Eagles. Instead, he will reunite with Andy Reid in Kansas City.

Sources say RB Frank Gore will sign with the Eagles.

Eagles have resigned QB Sanchez to a two year deal ( :| ). Sources say Sanchez is a placeholder deal designed to give Marcus Mariota time to get acclimated to the NFL and Eagles. Looks like they're definitely going after him. Does not bode well for Nick Foles.

S Devin McCourty has returned to the Patriots. The Eagles were lobbying hard for him.

Eagles have signed CB Byron Maxwell to a big 5-year deal.

DemonGeminiX
03-10-2015, 06:44 PM
Well, looks like Frank Gore's backing out. Reports are saying he'll be joining the Colts instead.

DemonGeminiX
03-10-2015, 08:29 PM
The Seahawks have acquired TE Jimmy Graham from the Saints.

Looks like the Eagles and the Rams are gonna trade QBs, Foles for Bradford. Draft picks are currently unspecified, but expected.

DemonGeminiX
03-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Owen Daniels goes to the Broncos to replace Julius Thomas who goes to the Jaguars.

The Jaguars? Julius?! What the hell are you doing?!

DemonGeminiX
03-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Suh goes to Miami.

DemonGeminiX
03-10-2015, 09:07 PM
Trent Cole to the Colts

There's reportedly 'mutual interest' between the Eagles and DeMarco Murray.

DemonGeminiX
03-10-2015, 09:55 PM
WR Torrey Smith goes to the 49ers.

DemonGeminiX
03-11-2015, 10:02 PM
RB Ryan Matthews signs a 3 year deal with the Eagles. Sources say that the Eagles and DeMarco Murray are still talking.

DemonGeminiX
03-11-2015, 10:04 PM
Suh officially signs with the Dolphins. 6 years, $114 million.

DemonGeminiX
03-11-2015, 10:06 PM
The Bears have agreed to a five-year contract with linebacker Pernell McPhee. The 26-year-old spent four seasons in Baltimore and played for a Super Bowl champion. The Bears, coming off a five-win season, are switching from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense. The Bears allowed the most points in franchise history in 2013 and second-most last season. McPhee set career highs for Baltimore last season with 27 tackles, 7 1/2 sacks, four pass breakups and 11 tackles for loss.

DemonGeminiX
03-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Wow, the Jaguars are making some moves.

RBP
03-11-2015, 10:55 PM
So DGX, what is your take on Chip Kelly? I am hearing terms like "unexplainable moves" and "drunk with power".

DemonGeminiX
03-11-2015, 11:14 PM
So DGX, what is your take on Chip Kelly? I am hearing terms like "unexplainable moves" and "drunk with power".

He's either a fucking genius or he's a fucking idiot. I'm unofficially leaning towards the latter, but officially in a 'wait and see' mindset.

DemonGeminiX
03-11-2015, 11:16 PM
The Bears officially named Cutler as the starting QB for 2015 today. My condolences.

deebakes
03-11-2015, 11:54 PM
:rip: bears

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 12:55 AM
I haven't seen Minnesota make any moves besides resigning that backup QB. They do anything else, Dee?

deebakes
03-12-2015, 01:49 AM
they really haven't done much of anything. they let matt cassell walk now that it looks like it will be teddy's team. i think they are just waiting for the adrian peterson chips to fall out before they do anything too much. i hope adrian comes back, but my gut is telling me that he is walking. :shrug: maybe a demarco murray - adrian swap of teams? :-k

RBP
03-12-2015, 01:55 AM
they really haven't done much of anything. they let matt cassell walk now that it looks like it will be teddy's team. i think they are just waiting for the adrian peterson chips to fall out before they do anything too much. i hope adrian comes back, but my gut is telling me that he is walking. :shrug: maybe a demarco murray - adrian swap of teams? :-k

I heard he fired his agent and hired a new one that immediate got into a nearly brawling shouting match with team ownership. The story said that pretty much sealed it that he won't be back. True?

deebakes
03-12-2015, 02:24 AM
i hadn't heard that one :idk:

RBP
03-12-2015, 02:38 AM
Report: Adrian Peterson's agent, Vikings exec physically separated during argument over future

(KMSP) -

Hot on the heels of another weekend of Adrian Peterson drama comes a report that Peterson's agent and Vikings Vice President of Football Operations Rob Brzezinski were physically separated at the NFL combine.

According to the CBS Sports report, AP's agent, Ben Dogra, had to be separated from Brzezinski "during a heated verbal altercation" that took place in plain view of other people at the event in Indianapolis.

Before the two were separated by former Tampa Bay general manager Mark Dominik, Dogra "made it clear that Peterson would never play [in Minnesota] again," the report says.

Unlike weekend reports about Peterson's alleged desire to play in Dallas that were later brought into question by other reporters (see link above), the CBS report is being seconded by a Vikings beat writer (a Vikings spokesman didn't immediately respond to a Fox 9 message seeking comment):

Had heard from several people that Ben Dogra had shouting match w/a Vikings official on Thursday. @JasonLaCanfora says it was Rob Brzezinski
— Ben Goessling (@GoesslingESPN) February 23, 2015

deebakes
03-12-2015, 02:42 AM
that's an old story that hasn't seem to play out :shrug:

he met with the owners earlier this week :idk:

RBP
03-12-2015, 02:46 AM
I hadn't heard since then... interesting.

Is it true then when asked if they had a better alternative, ownership responded, "you can't beat that kid"?

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 03:05 AM
Booooooooo.... bad RBP! Bad!

:lol:

RBP
03-12-2015, 03:15 AM
:dance:

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 03:51 AM
DeMarco Murray is flying to Philly to visit with the Eagles' officials.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2015, 10:30 AM
Suh officially signs with the Dolphins. 6 years, $114 million.

With $60 million guaranteed....crazy for a guy with his history

He's either a fucking genius or he's a fucking idiot. I'm unofficially leaning towards the latter, but officially in a 'wait and see' mindset.

Is there anyone on the offense from last year he likes? :-k

deebakes
03-12-2015, 01:33 PM
only if they were an oregon graduate :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Is there anyone on the offense from last year he likes? :-k

I've given up trying to figure out what the guy likes.

only if they were an oregon graduate :shrug:

Certainly seems that way, doesn't it?

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 05:05 PM
Report: The Eagles have agreed to terms with RB DeMarco Murray. Dallas is reportedly already looking for a replacement.

RBP
03-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Report: The Eagles have agreed to terms with RB DeMarco Murray. Dallas is reportedly already looking for a replacement.
Because he worked that offense with Bradford in college.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Is the Eagles O-Line good enough? :-k

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Because he worked that offense with Bradford in college.

Yep.

Is the Eagles O-Line good enough? :-k

They weren't last season. Shady had trouble finding lanes that the O-line wasn't opening up. I don't know if Kelly's upgrading the O-line, but we'll see.

You guys should see the numbers: 5 years, $42 million. $21 million guaranteed. $18 million guaranteed if injured. Pundits are saying that it's a deal and they're paying less for Murray than what they would have had to pay Shady.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2015, 06:08 PM
The Broncos plan for free agency this year is to just lose all our good players :|

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 06:11 PM
The Broncos plan for free agency this year is to just lose all our good players :|

They must have seriously lowballed Julius Thomas to make him want to go to Jacksonville willingly.

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 06:19 PM
The Raiders have signed former Eagles safety Nate Allen.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2015, 06:21 PM
They must have seriously lowballed Julius Thomas to make him want to go to Jacksonville willingly.

He's injury prone and has an attitude problem, him I'm fine with going

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 06:35 PM
They franchised Demaryius Thomas. I don't know who else you could be talking about. They've only lost 1 offensive tackle to the Chargers, but it's probably not that big of a deal. Everybody else on your team that hit the free agent market are still available.

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 06:36 PM
I'm sorry, they resigned 3 players.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2015, 06:41 PM
They let Orlando Franklin go (Chargers) and Terrance Knighton is as good as gone. And even though I'm not a J Thomas fan, they just let him go as well.

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Orlando Franklin, not that big of a deal... yet. You've got FA OT's all over the place, plus whoever's coming up in the draft. You never know, they might be able to upgrade that position. Knighton's good, but again, lots of DTs as FAs and whoever's coming up in the draft, maybe not an upgrade in his case, but we'll see. I think Julius Thomas is your worst loss, and they filled that hole already with Owen Daniels... let's see if Peyton can make Daniels a better tight end.

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 08:12 PM
The Bucs are pursuing a trade for Adrian Peterson.

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Everybody's talking about Marcus Mariota as if Jameis Winston is just an afterthought.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2015, 09:58 PM
And now they've lost Rahim Moore :|

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2015, 10:28 PM
Wow. Down to the Texans. And he's not even breaking the bank either. They've just lost their major offensive weapon too. I guess he likes the area a lot, 'cause it doesn't look like the Texans are gonna do a whole lot unless they strike gold in the draft.

DemonGeminiX
03-15-2015, 01:18 PM
The Vikings have acquired WR Mike Wallace from Miami. Too bad they don't have a halfway decent QB to throw to him.

deebakes
03-15-2015, 03:41 PM
hold on now, don't be hating on bridgewater. he's no cutler :hand:

he got put in the offense earlier than they wanted due to injury and they had the whole AP debacle last year. he would have looked much better if he had any running game, but he still has a bit of an issue with throwing consistently high to the receivers. i guess wallace is big enough that maybe he can't over throw him :lol:

RBP
03-15-2015, 04:04 PM
Everybody's talking about Marcus Mariota as if Jameis Winston is just an afterthought.

Because Winston is a pain in the ass.

DemonGeminiX
03-15-2015, 06:27 PM
Because Winston is a pain in the ass.

Ryan Leaf pain in the ass? Or JaMarcus Russell pain in the ass?

DemonGeminiX
03-15-2015, 06:28 PM
hold on now, don't be hating on bridgewater. he's no cutler :hand:

he got put in the offense earlier than they wanted due to injury and they had the whole AP debacle last year. he would have looked much better if he had any running game, but he still has a bit of an issue with throwing consistently high to the receivers. i guess wallace is big enough that maybe he can't over throw him :lol:

Alright, we'll see how it goes. :lol:

deebakes
03-15-2015, 06:34 PM
not everyone can be sam bradford after all :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
03-15-2015, 07:10 PM
not everyone can be sam bradford after all :shrug:

I am NOT looking forward to the train wreck this guy is gonna be. :lol:

RBP
03-15-2015, 10:50 PM
Ryan Leaf pain in the ass? Or JaMarcus Russell pain in the ass?

Likely both. He's a disaster waiting to happen legally and professionally.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-16-2015, 10:02 AM
Likely both. He's a disaster waiting to happen legally and professionally.

:racist:

DemonGeminiX
03-16-2015, 07:46 PM

The Eagles worked out free agent QB Tim Tebow today.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-16-2015, 10:15 PM

The Eagles worked out free agent QB Tim Tebow today.

:lmao: :rofl: :haha: :giggle:

RBP
03-16-2015, 10:41 PM
Wow :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/IHqLTGe.gif

DemonGeminiX
03-16-2015, 10:58 PM
The team is not planning to sign him at this time.

That's from NFL insider Adam Schefter. It's always those dangling prepositional phrases that make me nervous.

DemonGeminiX
03-16-2015, 11:00 PM

Here's a good one. People are accusing Chip Kelly of trolling for working out Tebow. My coach is a troll.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/16/8226857/eagles-tim-tebow-quarterback-chip-kelly-work-out

deebakes
03-16-2015, 11:42 PM
:tebow:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-17-2015, 09:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/TqMpDam.jpg

DemonGeminiX
03-17-2015, 03:23 PM
:nono:

They didn't sign him.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-17-2015, 03:28 PM

They didn't sign him.

Yet :nana:

DemonGeminiX
03-17-2015, 03:41 PM

They're not going to. They've got 4 shitty QBs signed already. They don't need another one. They need to hit the draft and grab a shitty WR or 2.

RBP
03-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Yet :nana:
:pray:

DemonGeminiX
03-17-2015, 05:29 PM

DemonGeminiX
03-18-2015, 02:22 AM
Report: If Eagles can trade Barkley, good chance they'll sign Tebow

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/report-if-eagles-can-trade-matt-barkley-good-chance-theyll-sign-tim-tebow

I'm a bit skeptical, given the source, but still...

:|

RBP
03-18-2015, 02:34 AM
:woot:

DemonGeminiX
03-18-2015, 02:38 AM
[-(

You're not helping.

RBP
03-18-2015, 02:42 AM
:hand: The Eagles totes need a future hall of famer like Tebow to run that offense.

DemonGeminiX
03-18-2015, 02:46 AM
:-s

Totes? What are you, a preteen girl?

RBP
03-18-2015, 02:47 AM
It seems to match well with the seriousness of the statement.

DemonGeminiX
03-18-2015, 02:51 AM
And all of a sudden I have James Earl Jones and Roddy McDowall running through my head.

RBP
03-18-2015, 02:58 AM
And all of a sudden I have James Earl Jones and Roddy McDowall running through my head.

Plenty of room in there, so...

DemonGeminiX
03-18-2015, 03:01 AM
:hand:

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2015, 10:17 AM
Report: If Eagles can trade Barkley, good chance they'll sign Tebow

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/report-if-eagles-can-trade-matt-barkley-good-chance-theyll-sign-tim-tebow

I'm a bit skeptical, given the source, but still...

:woohoo:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2015, 10:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/TqMpDam.jpg

DemonGeminiX
03-18-2015, 05:54 PM
They haven't signed him yet.

RBP
03-18-2015, 11:07 PM
The NFL Draft is here in a month. I have concerts tickets on the 24th and the draft starts the 30th.

The hotel I booked at the end of February for $95 is $259 that night.

deebakes
03-18-2015, 11:19 PM
you better get some serious pussy then :shrug:

RBP
03-18-2015, 11:23 PM
I can get told she too tired at home, and use that money to pay for the $100 PPV fight, booze, the next weekend. :lol:

Goofy
03-21-2015, 09:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/M3GUn61.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
03-31-2015, 11:40 AM
by Mike Cole - NESN

Dennis Dodd got to see one of the best college basketball games of the year Saturday night, but he couldn’t stop complaining about something that happened after the game.

Actually, complaining might be too kind of a word. Perhaps “whining” works a little better.

Dodd, who is a national college football writer for CBS Sports, was in Los Angeles to cover Wisconsin’s eventual win over Arizona in the Elite Eight. Also in attendance was Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who has jumped on the Wisconsin bandwagon in recent years, attending some of the Badgers’ biggest games during their consecutive Final Four runs.

Rodgers was accompanied by celebrity actress girlfriend Olivia Munn, so naturally, a lot of attention was on the power couple. Seemingly every time Wisconsin hit a big shot, the CBS cameras cut to the two. As you might imagine, Rodgers and Munn were given some extra access and were on the court celebrating with the team after its win. This, along with an apparent interview decline from Rodgers, was enough to send Dodd to Twitter to well, whine.

http://i.imgur.com/nf95B3G.png

http://i.imgur.com/rCMeU17.png

http://i.imgur.com/xvQBIaQ.png

http://i.imgur.com/RjIoKtR.png

http://i.imgur.com/3bqUSCv.png

http://i.imgur.com/1x0JTfp.png

http://i.imgur.com/g8FcPkM.png

http://i.imgur.com/iHrGQ4o.png

To borrow a line from Rodgers, maybe Dodd should R-E-L-A-X a little bit.

This all got back to Rodgers at some point Saturday night into Sunday morning, and he fired off some tweets that didn’t mention Dodd by name or handle but left no doubt who they were intended for.

http://i.imgur.com/AcmOcLs.png

http://i.imgur.com/NmaON1N.png

You can kind of see where Rodgers is coming from. He’s there to watch the game and cheer on the Badgers, not necessarily grant interviews. As for him being allowed onto the court after the game, those are the kind of opportunities you’re given when you’re one of the best football players on the planet.

DemonGeminiX
04-01-2015, 10:44 PM
The Eagles signed WR Miles Austin, another old DL specialist. :dunno:

deebakes
04-04-2015, 03:09 AM
:rofl:

Jay Cutler has to feel pretty deflated after hearing this.

The Chicago Tribune reports that the Anti-Cruelty Society of Chicago recently held a auction back on March 26 to raise money for the pet-adoption charity, and one of the items was a Cutler signed football. It received zero bids at the asking price of $100. Not a single one.

Granted, this was the Chosen Man's Best Friend and Factor Felines fashion show, held at Bloomingdale's on North Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago, and according to Anti-Cruelty Society president Dr. Robyn Barbiers, it wasn't exactly "a football crowd."

But still. This is Chicago. More than the Cubs or Bulls or dirty politics, nothing riles this town up like the Bears. And this is the starting quarterback. Maybe Cutler burning bridges at Cubs games a few years ago, refusing to sign autographs there, has come back to haunt him in a very karma-ish way.

Or maybe fans are listening to the words of new head coach John Fox, who has given his new QB a very lukewarm reception. Cutler's play fell off to the point where he was benched last season for Jimmy Clausen, who went three years between regular-season snaps.

For perspective, consider: A book about former Illinois men's basketball coach Bruce Weber went for $120 at the same auction. Weber was fired by the school following the 2012 season.

You're saying a Cutler signed ball isn't worth $20 fewer than a book of a former Illini hoops coach?

RBP
04-04-2015, 03:41 AM
I was at a charity event this summer. One of the raffles was a Cutler jersey. More than a few people said "I hope I win it so I can burn it".

DemonGeminiX
04-16-2015, 10:45 PM
Peterson's reinstated, effective tomorrow/Friday, April 17.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-to-reinstate-vikings-rb-adrian-peterson-on-friday/ar-AAb6VIp

FBD
04-16-2015, 10:54 PM
I hope he gets to leave the ineptitude of minnesota behind, this is his perfect opportunity to play with a team that can win

deebakes
04-17-2015, 02:10 AM
its the government that has been keeping the vikings down, so i assume he will be allowed to leave thanks to the illuminati :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-20-2015, 10:23 AM
:link: Tebowmania Returns: Eagles will sign Tim Tebow on Monday (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25155344/tebowmania-returns-eagles-will-sign-tim-tebow-on-monday)

:cheers:

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 05:22 PM

Chip Kelly should be fired.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-20-2015, 05:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JQNENpo.jpg

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 05:44 PM

RBP
04-20-2015, 07:20 PM
:link: Tebowmania Returns: Eagles will sign Tim Tebow on Monday (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25155344/tebowmania-returns-eagles-will-sign-tim-tebow-on-monday)

:cheers:

Also...

:lmao:

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 07:29 PM

Teh One Who Knocks
04-20-2015, 08:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1ImtAVp.jpg

:giggle:

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2015, 08:56 PM
:sad2:

Goofy
04-20-2015, 09:08 PM
I thought Tebow was a top player......... shows what i know :lol:

deebakes
04-21-2015, 02:06 AM
he is :shrug:

when in college at florida :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2015, 10:16 AM
:sad2:

:empathy:

It could be worse, you could have all 5 on your roster :)

DemonGeminiX
04-21-2015, 04:44 PM
When's the next Joe Montana, Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady coming up in the future?

RBP
04-21-2015, 05:07 PM
When's the next Joe Montana, Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady coming up in the future?
What do you care? He clearly won't be playing for the Eagles.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2015, 05:08 PM
:bwaha:

DemonGeminiX
04-21-2015, 05:20 PM
What do you care? He clearly won't be playing for the Eagles.

That's ok. I take comfort in the fact that I can say, "At least we don't have Jay Cutler".

;)

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2015, 05:43 PM
:burn2:

RBP
04-21-2015, 07:08 PM
That's ok. I take comfort in the fact that I can say, "At least we don't have Jay Cutler".

;)
There are still Titans trade rumors! :pray:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2015, 07:21 PM
By Will Brinson | NFL Writer - CBS Sports

http://i.imgur.com/TtzUyxy.jpg

With Tim Tebow now at least temporarily ensconced in Philadelphia, everyone's kind of settling in to see how Chip Kelly and the Eagles handle this and how Tebow deals with playing for a new team.

If he wants to make the team succeed, he better have become a better practice quarterback than he was with the Broncos or Jets. To wit: former Cardinals kicker Jay Feely told "Jim Rome on Showtime" during this Wednesday's episode (airs at 9 p.m. ET) Tebow is the "single-worst quarterback I ever saw."

"He's such a dichotomy for me. Because I really respect the person, the man, the things that he believes in and the things he does off the field," Feely said. "He was the single-worst quarterback I ever saw in my career in the NFL."

Feely then proceeds to tell a story about Tebow warming up and losing ... to air.

"I watched him one day ... I sat and watched him do routes on air with Ken Whisenhunt as we were playing the Broncos," Feely said. "And routes on air, there's no [defensive backs], you know exactly what he's going to run, there's no pass rush. He had like 13 incompletions on routes on air. Jim, you and I could go out and do routes on air and we would complete most of our passes."

Brutally hilarious. It fits with everything you hear about Tebow in practice too. Not that Tebow's game completion percentage is particularly stunning (47.9%, which actually is stunning but for the wrong reasons).

Feely's take on the signing is that Kelly really believes his system will overcome everything and manage to "utilize" Tebow.

"He thinks his system is better than everyone's and his system is gonna work and it doesn't matter if he gets rid of star players like DeSean Jackson or LeSean McCoy," Feely said. "He thinks he's smarter so he can take a guy everyone else has quit on ... and utilize him."

Time will tell but the odds are definitely against it happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt1TWRfjmp8

DemonGeminiX
04-21-2015, 10:29 PM
He may not make the roster. And the good thing about being an Eagle's fan living in the south? The only time I have to put up with the media circus is when you guys make it an issue.

deebakes
04-21-2015, 11:07 PM
:cutler:

deebakes
04-21-2015, 11:07 PM
:-k i expected that ^ to be a pile of poop :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2015, 10:29 AM
He may not make the roster. And the good thing about being an Eagle's fan living in the south? The only time I have to put up with the media circus is when you guys make it an issue.

Who's making it an issue? :-s

http://i.imgur.com/sBdqxqX.jpg

8-[

RBP
04-22-2015, 11:51 AM

FBD
04-22-2015, 02:00 PM
tebow :haha: he only sticks around because of that big huge idiot badge on his sleeve he trumpets every chance he gets, if there was no other "outrageous" characteristic to him then he would have faded into the shadows and never seen throwing a football again.

DemonGeminiX
04-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Tim Tebow's Eagles contract has $0 guaranteed

No surprise here: Tim Tebow's contract with the Philadelphia Eagles includes no guarantees.

It's a typical, one-year, $660,000 deal that comes without a signing bonus or other guaranteed money, according to contract details obtained by USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday.

The $660,000 base salary is the minimum for a three-year veteran, which Tebow is. The pact includes an injury split that would reduce Tebow's salary to $388,000 if he lands on injured reserve.

Tebow, 27, last played with the New York Jets in 2012 and was in training camp in 2013 with the New England Patriots, who gave him no guarantees on a two-year deal that June and cut him less than three months later.

The quarterback's rookie contract with the Denver Broncos, who drafted him in the first round (25th overall) in 2010, included $8.45 million guaranteed.

Tebow is competing for a backup role behind new Eagles starter Sam Bradford and presumed No. 2 Mark Sanchez.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/tim-tebows-eagles-contract-has-dollar0-guaranteed/ar-AAbvmkJ

deebakes
04-22-2015, 06:36 PM

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2015, 06:45 PM
Business Insider

The Philadelphia Eagles are expected to sign Tim Tebow to a one-year contract on Monday, according to Fox Sports' Jay Glazer.

The early speculation is that Tebow is nothing more than a fourth-string quarterback in a league where many teams carry only two quarterbacks and no team keeps more than three.

In other words, most see Tebow as a longshot to make the Eagles' 53-man regular season roster.

However, there are several reasons to believe Tebow not only has chance, but a good chance to make the team and resurrect his NFL career.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Eagles wanted to trade third-string quarterback Matt Barkley before signing Tebow but "could not get enough in return." This suggests that head coach Chip Kelly isn't tied to Barkley, and views Tebow as a potential third-stringer, rather than just an off-season flyer.

While he would still just be the third-string QB, Tebow offers the type of positional flexibility that would make him more valuable than a typical third-stringer.

One thing that could make Tebow even more valuable is if the NFL changes the extra-point system in a way that increases the frequency of two-point conversions.

The NFL has toyed with the idea of a 43-yard extra-point, a 33-yard extra-point, and moving the two-point conversion to the 1-yard line. The result of any of these changes would almost certainly be more two-point conversion attempts — something at which Tebow, with his running and throwing ability, could excel.

If one of these changes were made, Tebow could suddenly have the added value of being a two-point specialist. Teams already use valuable roster spots on single-use players such as long snappers and kickoff specialists. A two-point specialist could have more value than those players, and Tebow would have the added value of providing depth at the most important position on the field, quarterback.

Meanwhile, an unnamed NFL assistant coach told Peter King of Sports Illustrated that Tebow has a legit shot to make the team.

"Assistant coach in the NFL who knows Kelly but does not work with him says to me, 'This is not a prayer. There’s a chance here. If there’s one coach in the NFL who could figure a way to use Tebow, it’s Chip. Maybe not every week, but in spots.'"

There is also Kelly's history with quarterbacks and seeing value when others do not.

At Oregon, Kelly was one of only two coaches to offer Marcus Mariota a scholarship, with the other coming from Memphis. Mariota was a three-star recruit nobody wanted and Kelly turned him into a Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback who is expected to be one of the first players taken in this year's NFL Draft.

Four year's later, Kelly has brought in another duel-threat QB that nobody else wanted. This time, it's Tebow's turn to prove everybody else wrong.

DemonGeminiX
04-22-2015, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I've read a bunch of reports that have said that Barkley's pretty much done.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2015, 06:55 PM
And I'm sure the Tebow Nation has already embraced his presence on the Eagles, you are stuck with him now :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-22-2015, 07:03 PM
:idk:

deebakes
04-22-2015, 07:06 PM

maybe he will be able to do something no other eagle quarterback has done since 2008...

win a playoff game :dance:

deebakes
04-22-2015, 07:07 PM
we might need to change the helmet and jersey on that smilie if he makes the team :lol:

RBP
04-22-2015, 07:17 PM
we might need to change the helmet and jersey on that smilie if he makes the team :lol:
You mean to a retarded kid in a helmet?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2015, 07:28 PM
:link: Tebow's No. 11 Eagles Jersey Already a Top Seller (http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/entertainment/the-scene/Tebow-Eagles-Jersey-300794871.html)

DemonGeminiX
04-22-2015, 07:29 PM
The only thing I can say about Chip Kelly right now is, at the very least, he doesn't want criminal divas on his team.

DemonGeminiX
04-22-2015, 07:33 PM
:link: Tebow's No. 11 Eagles Jersey Already a Top Seller (http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/entertainment/the-scene/Tebow-Eagles-Jersey-300794871.html)

:huh:

Really? They just signed the guy like two days ago. How the hell are they mass producing his jersey so fast?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-23-2015, 02:19 PM
He's the most popular player on the Eagles now :cheers:

DemonGeminiX
04-23-2015, 05:00 PM
Not for long. :nono: I know my people. They'll shit all over him and forget him just like they do with everybody else.

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2015, 02:42 AM
The draft's this Thursday.

deebakes
04-28-2015, 03:09 AM
adrian peterson ends up where? :-k

hopefully the vikes reverse fuck the cowboys like when we "got" herschel walker back in the day. pretty sure the draft picks we gave dallas gave them multiple super bowls :x

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2015, 03:35 AM
Looks like the Vikes don't wanna deal.

deebakes
04-28-2015, 04:21 AM
i think they are sort of stuck in a spot now that they almost have to deal him :shrug:

FBD
04-28-2015, 03:57 PM
if I were AP I'd be damned sick of playing for the vikings. (almost as sick as not playing for the vikings in his current state.) he needs to go somewhere he's not the only offensive weapon, with a good line, he'll break the rush record for real.

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2015, 05:59 PM
NFL relinquishing tax-exempt status

WASHINGTON — The National Football League is giving up its tax-exempt status.

In a letter to team owners, Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league office and its management council will file tax returns as taxable entities for the 2015 fiscal year. Goodell says the NFL has been tax-exempt since 1942, though all 32 teams pay taxes on their income.

Goodell says the change will not alter the function or operation of the league, since all the teams already pay taxes.

Some members of Congress have criticized the NFL, which generates billions in revenue, for being tax-exempt. Goodell says the status has become a "distraction."

Goodell forwarded the letter to the owners to Congressman Paul Ryan, a Wisconsin Republican who chairs the House Ways and Means Committee.

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2015, 11:16 PM
The draft starts in 45 minutes.

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2015, 11:52 PM
< 10 minutes.

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2015, 12:00 AM
It's on like Donkey Kong.

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2015, 12:13 AM
Tampa picks.... JaMarcus Russell... oops... I mean Jameis Winston.

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2015, 12:21 AM
Mariota goes 2nd.

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2015, 12:50 AM
Chicago's up.

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2015, 12:54 AM
WR, Kevin White.

They needed some D, they went with an O.

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2015, 01:16 AM
Todd Gurley goes to St. Louis.

deebakes
05-01-2015, 01:43 AM
:unimpressed:

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2015, 02:11 AM

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2015, 02:20 AM
The Eagles pick Nelson Agholor, WR USC.

deebakes
05-01-2015, 03:09 AM
pretty boring first round, no trades, no movements :(

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2015, 03:56 AM
There were a few position swaps but I think all of the trades were made during free agency.

deebakes
05-01-2015, 05:01 AM
:(

DemonGeminiX
05-03-2015, 01:55 PM
The Eagles signed 16 undrafted free agents right after the draft ended.

deebakes
05-03-2015, 01:57 PM
i usually have no idea how many teams go after, is that a lot? It seems like it :-k

DemonGeminiX
05-03-2015, 02:17 PM
I don't know. I never really noticed before. Every once in a while you hear about an undrafted free agent that goes on to a monster career. Like Warren Moon and Kurt Warner. I believe Arian Foster and Wes Welker were both undrafted as well.

It looks like some teams are going after a metric ton of them, but comparing articles' reporting to what I already know the Eagles have done, the articles aren't listing everybody signed. I shudder to think how many some teams have signed: Articles are only listing 5 or 6 names for the Eagles, but I know they grabbed 16 so far. Other teams listed in these articles have about 20 undrafted listed as signed. If that's a small representation...

Teh One Who Knocks
05-08-2015, 11:49 AM
So, how will the NFL handle 'deflategate' now that the report is out? Robert Kraft and the NFL are BFF's and the Patriots always get off easy compared to everyone else. Instead of bringing the hammer down, I bet they get no more than a minor slap on the wrist.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-11-2015, 09:59 PM
By Frank Scwab - Shutdown Corner

The NFL took deflate-gate very seriously, hammering the New England Patriots with unheard of punishment in the matter of deflated footballs.

The league announced that quarterback Tom Brady was suspended four games, the team was fined $1 million and will lose its 2016 first-round draft pick and a fourth-round pick in 2017. The league has been considering punishment since the release of investigator Ted Wells' report last Thursday.

That's a huge punishment considering there was no evidence Brady was directly involved and the Wells report said Patriots ownership and coach Bill Belichick weren't involved. The league said it was for violating playing rules and not cooperating fully in the investigation.

In the release, the NFL said Patriots employees John Jastremski and James McNally have been indefinitely suspended without pay by the club, effective May 6. They aren't allowed to be reinstated without the NFL's permission. If they are reinstated, the NFL said "Jastremski is prohibited from having any role in the preparation, supervision, or handling of footballs to be used in NFL games during the 2015 season. McNally is barred from serving as a locker room attendant for the game officials, or having any involvement with the preparation, supervision, or handling of footballs or any other equipment on game day."

In Wells' report, it states "it is more probable than not that Tom Brady (the quarterback for the Patriots) was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls." Jim McNally is the officials locker room attendant who took the game balls to the field, and stopped in a locked side bathroom for a minute and 40 seconds with the balls inside. John Jastremski is the Patriots assistant equipment man who prepared the game balls. The two texted about Brady's preference over the air pressure. Brady has said his preference was to have it at the low end of the rule, which is 12.5 psi.

The issue came about after the AFC championship game against the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts, who told the league the day before the game that they had concerns about the air pressure in the Patriots' game balls, intercepted a Brady pass in the first half and examined it on the sideline. They told the league, and league officials re-inspected the game balls at halftime and found they were under the minimum allowed by league rules.

Brady denied any wrongdoing in January, during a long press conference. During it, he said, "I have no knowledge of anything." A little more than a week later at the Super Bowl, he had one of the great performances of all time, bringing the Patriots back in a nearly-perfect fourth quarter to knock off the Seattle Seahawks. It was his fourth Super Bowl title. He was named Super Bowl MVP.

The issue with punishing Brady is it is all based on conjecture. There's not even really circumstantial evidence; there's really no evidence at all of Brady's direct participation in any scheme put forth in Wells' report. The report implicates Brady basically because it says he had to have known, not because they had any proof that he did know or stated to either McNally or Jastremski that he wanted balls deflated after inspection. The report simply doesn't find him guilty.

NFL vice president of football operations Troy Vincent sent a heavy-handed letter to Brady.

"Your actions as set forth in the report clearly constitute conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the game of professional football," Vincent said within the letter.

The Patriots were punished harshly in the videotaping controversy of 2007. The team was fined $250,000 and stripped of a first-round pick, and coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000.

RBP
05-11-2015, 11:05 PM
What can be appealed besides Brady's suspension? Anything?

Brady ends up with 2 not 4 would be my guess.

deebakes
05-11-2015, 11:13 PM
:haha:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2015, 01:45 PM
:link: Patriots Fans Create GoFundMe Page To Help Team Pay For DeflateGate Fine (http://nesn.com/2015/05/patriots-fans-create-gofundme-page-to-help-team-pay-for-deflategate-fine/)

:facepalm:

RBP
05-12-2015, 02:14 PM
:link: Patriots Fans Create GoFundMe Page To Help Team Pay For DeflateGate Fine (http://nesn.com/2015/05/patriots-fans-create-gofundme-page-to-help-team-pay-for-deflategate-fine/)

:facepalm: indeed.

DemonGeminiX
05-12-2015, 10:12 PM
Just watched a youtube vid of Sam Bradford highlights. The kid does have an arm, I'll give him that.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-12-2015, 10:51 PM

:gtfo:

RBP
05-12-2015, 11:30 PM
Just watched a youtube vid of Sam Bradford highlights. The kid does have an arm, I'll give him that.

:empathy:

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2015, 12:09 AM
No really. He's not that bad. If he had better protection and receivers that could actually catch in St. Louis, they might have done something. I feel bad for Nick Foles, now. He's gonna be the leader of a seriously mediocre team.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2015, 10:31 AM
:gtfo:

I didn't start that page :x

No really. He's not that bad. If he had better protection and receivers that could actually catch in St. Louis, they might have done something. I feel bad for Nick Foles, now. He's gonna be the leader of a seriously mediocre team.

And if Timmy T was just a little more accurate, had a better arm, could read defenses, and had some actual skill, he'd be up there with Manning and Brady :tup:

:nana:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2015, 11:50 AM
By BARRY WILNER (AP Pro Football Writer)

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- The NFL is moving back extra-point kicks and allowing defenses to score on conversion turnovers.

The owners on Tuesday approved the competition committee's proposal to snap the ball from the 15-yard line on PATs to make them more challenging. In recent seasons, kickers made more than 99 percent of the kicks with the ball snapped from the 2.

''There was strong sentiment coming out of our meetings in March that something had to be done with our extra point,'' said Texans general manager Rick Smith, a member of the competition committee that proposed this specific rule change. ''From a kicking perspective the try was over 99 percent (successful), so we tried to add skill to the play.

''It was also a ceremonial play.''

The accepted proposal places the 2-point conversion at the 2, and allows the defense to return a turnover to the other end zone for the two points, similar to the college rule. The defense can also score two points by returning a botched kick.

The change was approved only for 2015, then will be reviewed. But Smith predicts it will become permanent.

''This isn't an experiment,'' Smith added. ''This is a rule change. We expect this to be a part of the game.''

The vote was 30-2. Washington and Oakland voted no.

New England and Philadelphia also made suggestions on changing the extra point, but the owners went with the powerful committee's recommendation.

Officiating chief Dean Blandino said the percentage of kicks made from the 33- or 34-yard line has been around 93 percent. And Troy Vincent, in charge of NFL football operations, noted that placekickers can handle such an alteration.

''The kicker's a skill position now,'' Vincent said. ''We're not trying to take the foot out of the game.''

A major part of the change is the hope more teams will go for two points. In contrast to the traditional extra point kick from short distance, that is an exciting and usually a critical play.

Some teams could look into 2-point specialists; there's conjecture that Eagles coach Chip Kelly brought in Tim Tebow to potentially fill such a role.

DemonGeminiX
05-21-2015, 12:30 AM
I'm not hating this.

deebakes
05-21-2015, 01:55 AM
what are you going to do? :-k

DemonGeminiX
05-21-2015, 02:54 AM

What do you mean?

RBP
05-21-2015, 02:56 AM
Chip has Tebow for those 2-point conversions. man, he must have known this was coming or he's psychic or something. I think Chip has ESPN!

deebakes
05-21-2015, 02:57 AM

misread

thought you said, "i'm not having this"

DemonGeminiX
05-21-2015, 03:01 AM
Ok. :lol:

Yeah, I'm goin' after those fuckers! HOW DARE THEY!!!!

:rofl:

deebakes
05-21-2015, 03:03 AM
that's what i was thinking :rofl:

DemonGeminiX
05-21-2015, 03:04 AM

Teh One Who Knocks
08-17-2015, 02:35 PM
By Char Adams - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/We0sWkz.jpg

And "Tebow Time" it was.

After a two-year absence from the NFL, Tim Tebow took to the field on Sunday for his Philadelphia Eagles debut.

Fans gave a standing ovation when the 28-year-old quarterback entered the preseason game against the Indianapolis Colts, ESPN reports.

"I was thankful," Tebow told ESPN of the cheering fans. "But I was also like, '[The Eagles offensive players] won't be able to hear me!' "

He added: "It's very humbling. It definitely means a lot."

Tebow made his first appearance with seven minutes left in the third quarter. In the fourth, Tebow ran to the right, dodging a Colts safety for a seven-yard touchdown.

He finished the game with the touchdown and 6-for-12 completions for 69 yards. He ran four times for 15 yards in the Eagles victory over the Colts with a final score of 36-10.

While Tebow acknowledged to ESPN that he did "some things well" in the preseason game, he also recognized that there is room for improvement.

"I think there's some things that we want to work on," he said. "For me, it's going back, watching film, looking at everything, trying to make corrections and get better one day at a time."

DemonGeminiX
08-17-2015, 02:40 PM
He wasn't as good as Matt Barkley though. Yet they were both better than Mark Sanchez. Sam Bradford didn't play. If Barkley keeps improving, he'll definitely have a future in the NFL.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-19-2015, 12:29 PM

DemonGeminiX
09-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Man, I really hate admitting this, but Tebow outplayed Barkley last night. He might have the third string QB job.

DemonGeminiX
09-04-2015, 10:58 PM
Barkley's gone. The Eagles traded him to Arizona for a conditional 7th round pick. They cut RB Mostert as well. He led the league in yards from scrimmage this preseason. Expect him to get snapped up by someone looking for a deeper backfield option. There's no way he'll clear waivers.

RBP
09-04-2015, 11:04 PM
I have to admit that I have no idea what waivers means.

redred
09-04-2015, 11:29 PM
when you raise your hand and shake it about to say hello to someone :tup:

RBP
09-04-2015, 11:33 PM
when you raise your hand and shake it about to say hello to someone :tup:

redred
09-04-2015, 11:41 PM

DemonGeminiX
09-05-2015, 02:35 AM
I have to admit that I have no idea what waivers means.

It means (in Mostert's case) that if a team is not going to put a player on their active roster (waiving him) and they don't intend to cut or trade him outright, they have to wait a certain amount of time (the waiver period - a week, I believe) before they can sign him to the practice squad. Within that time period, other teams can come along and claim him "off of waivers".

There are some teams that are hurting for a good RB and Mostert can fill that need. The Eagle's running corps is beyond solid: They have DeMarco Murray, Ryan Mathews, and Darren Sproles, plus they have this rookie named Kenjon Barner, who Mostert was competing for a spot with. Actually, there was a sixth guy they just cut named Kevin Monanghai (Villanova) who was pretty good but apparently not as good as Barner or Mostert. I watched him in several preseason games and thought he could develop into a decent RB. Apparently, nobody's picked him up yet, but I think he should be.

Anyway, the Eagles are good for RBs, they're hoping to sign Mostert to the practice squad, but by league rules, they have to dangle him out there to give the other teams a chance to pick him up for their active rosters before they're allowed to do it.

RBP
09-05-2015, 02:38 AM
Ok, that makes sense. thanks.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Man, I really hate admitting this, but Tebow outplayed Barkley last night. He might have the third string QB job.

Bwahahahahahahahaha....Tebow is like herpes, you'll never get rid of him now :rofl:

deebakes
09-05-2015, 12:27 PM
we need to change the jersey on the :tebow:

DemonGeminiX
09-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Bwahahahahahahahaha....Tebow is like herpes, you'll never get rid of him now :rofl:

Y'all got rid of him.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2015, 12:37 PM

Y'all got rid of him.

It wasn't easy :nono:

And there are people here in Denver that still think the Broncos made a bad decision getting rid of him :roll:

DemonGeminiX
09-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Yeah, but that's Denver. He's in Philly now. All he needs to do is fuck up once and the entire city will turn on him. Remember, Philly's the town that booed Santa Claus.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Tim Tebow > Santa Claus

DemonGeminiX
09-05-2015, 01:38 PM

Don't underestimate the city of brotherly hate.

RBP
09-05-2015, 02:08 PM
DGX, help me out here. Eagles/Falcons. 56 point over under and a 3 point spread? :-s

I know the Eagles defense isn't looking good, and they definitely look strong in the backfield, but I am not sure they will complete in the air.

I am leaning towards the Falcons getting the better of that huge O/U.

RBP
09-05-2015, 05:25 PM
The Eagles cut Tebow!!!

DemonGeminiX
09-06-2015, 12:55 AM
Yep, they cut him. I guess he doesn't have the staying power Lance thinks he does.

As for the O/U, I'm not sure what's gonna happen. Chip Kelly has changed the team so much that I'm not sure how they're going to perform. Of course, my heart says go with the Eagles, but there's been some big changes with the Falcons too. I just have no idea. It doesn't help that I'm not much for sports betting to begin with. It may not help any but some analysts are projecting the Eagles to win the NFC East.

deebakes
09-06-2015, 12:58 AM

DemonGeminiX
09-07-2015, 10:10 AM
Wow, they replaced Tebow with a guy that was cut by the Jaguars. Again, I say wow.

RBP
09-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Wow, they replaced Tebow with a guy that was cut by the Jaguars. Again, I say wow.

Chip Kelly is asking the Magic Conch what decisions to make. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2015, 12:21 AM
Gee Chip, where's the O-line? Where's the pass rush? Oh right, you got rid of those. :rolleyes:

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2015, 12:33 AM
Nice pass, Bradford. Right into the arms of an Atlanta safety. :rolleyes:

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2015, 02:12 AM
:meh:

I want Nick Foles back.

deebakes
09-15-2015, 02:23 AM
they choked it by hurrying that kick :shrug:

RBP
09-15-2015, 02:27 AM
I thought it was a great game. Chip chocked by being conservative on the field goal. he will NOT make that mistake again. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2015, 02:38 AM
Chip choked by not showing up until the 3rd quarter.

Now what the hell's up with the Vikings? Quit fucking around and give the ball to Peterson, you morons. :dunno:

deebakes
09-15-2015, 02:47 AM
derp

deebakes
4 yard gain :woot:

deebakes
1 yard gain :woot:

deebakes
09-15-2015, 02:48 AM
sack :woot:

deebakes
09-15-2015, 02:49 AM
fumble :woot:

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2015, 02:49 AM
I think your team might be in need of an offensive line, Dee.

deebakes
09-15-2015, 02:57 AM
i think they are starting three replacements due to injury :(

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2015, 03:02 AM

That could be putting a damper on things.

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2015, 03:04 AM
He carries the entire 9ers D for a 1st down. :lol:

deebakes
09-15-2015, 03:08 AM
wasted talent with this horseshit team :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2015, 03:08 AM
And the Vikings O-line gets a sack. :lol:

RBP
09-15-2015, 03:15 AM
man, losing to the 49ers would be demoralizing. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2015, 03:18 AM
Those 49ers cheerleader uniforms aren't very flattering.

deebakes
09-15-2015, 03:24 AM
neither are the player uniforms :lol:

deebakes
09-15-2015, 03:25 AM
man, losing to the 49ers would be demoralizing. :lol:

we were 7-9 last year, we're used to losing games by now :|

deebakes
09-15-2015, 03:28 AM
penalty going to kill this drive too? :-k

deebakes
09-15-2015, 03:29 AM
not sure i will be able to stick with this game to the end, it's really being played poorly by both teams :shrug:

deebakes
09-15-2015, 03:33 AM
i was going to say that they should just continue to run it with hyde, they can't stop him :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-15-2015, 10:27 AM
Bears 0-1

Vikings 0-1

Eagles 0-1

http://i.imgur.com/7ShcgGV.jpg

1-0

:banana:

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2015, 11:15 AM
Go ahead. Keep talking shit.