PDA

View Full Version : The NFL thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17

Teh One Who Knocks
02-27-2019, 07:47 PM
The Eagles have indicated to reporters that they aren't going to Franchise Tag and then trade Nick Foles as previously indicated, they will let him become a free agent instead.

DemonGeminiX
02-27-2019, 08:18 PM
I guess that's what's best for Nick, but I seriously would have kept him. I don't trust Wentz and Nick's plainly been a better QB for us. I think this is gonna end up burning us in the long run. I wish the best for Nick and I hope another team treats him right.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-27-2019, 08:24 PM
I guess that's what's best for Nick, but I seriously would have kept him. I don't trust Wentz and Nick's plainly been a better QB for us. I think this is gonna end up burning us in the long run. I wish the best for Nick and I hope another team treats him right.

Yeah, at the very least, you think the Eagles would have tried and trade him. Now they'll get nothing for the former Super Bowl MVP. And there are plenty of teams that need a quality QB that will snatch him up.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2019, 02:54 PM
ESPN is reporting that the Jags are going to sign Foles.

DemonGeminiX
03-04-2019, 03:53 PM
The local news down here has been theorizing that for weeks.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2019, 11:42 AM
By Emily Caron - Sports Illustrated

https://i.imgur.com/SjoOUdBh.jpg

The Broncos have proposed an alternative to onside kicks as one of the nine rules changes submitted to the league's competition committee for consideration for 2019, the NFL announced Friday night.

Denver's proposal would give teams trailing in the fourth quarter one opportunity per game to remain on offense after a score if they can convert what is essentially a fourth-and-15 attempt instead of an onside kick. The proposal is similar to a rule in the Alliance of American Football which offers teams the chance to convert a fourth-and-12 from its 28 if it is down by 17 points or more in a game. The rule also applies if a team is trailing by any deficit with five minutes or less remaining in the fourth quarter.

The Broncos proposal would have each team start at its 35-yard line instead of kicking off.

The Chiefs proposed a change to the current NFL overtime format, suggesting instead that both teams be guaranteed at least one possession in overtime, regardless of whether or not a touchdown is scored on the first possession. As the overtime rules currently stand, a game ends if a touchdown is scored on the opening overtime possession.

Kansas City's proposal would also abolish overtime in the preseason and eliminate the overtime coin toss. Instead, the Chiefs propose that whichever team won the pregame coin toss would choose whether it wanted to start overtime with the ball or on defense.

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid has been vocal about his desire to alter the NFL overtime process after his Chiefs lost to the Patriots in overtime of the AFC Championship in January. New England won the overtime coin toss, then drove down the field for a game-winning touchdown drive. Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes never took the field in overtime after the Patriots won the toss.

The seven other proposed rules changes involve expanding replay review, which has also been a topic of discussion following the 2018 NFL playoffs. The Redskins made the most dramatic proposal, submitting that all plays be subject to coaches' challenges.

The committee is scheduled to meet later this month to finalize its recommendations for the 2019 NFL season. Votes from 24 owners are required to approve any rule changes.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2019, 11:44 AM
I'm fully on board with the change to OT. I've always thought it was asinine to not give each team an equal shot at winning the game. It's only slightly better now than it used to be, but very slightly. It's BS that a game could go to OT and you could lose the game without ever touching the football.

DemonGeminiX
03-11-2019, 01:19 PM
:|

DeSean Jackson wants to come back to the Eagles. Dude, you're 32 and not nearly as fast as you used to be. It won't be a "reunion" since everything's different now. All of the old guard have left since you last suited up in Eagles' green. Retire.

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2019, 01:08 AM
Looks like it's a done deal. Nick Foles has agreed to sign with Jaguars for $88 million over 4 years, with roughly $50 million guaranteed and could be worth up to $102 million with incentives.

RBP
03-12-2019, 04:11 AM
I'm fully on board with the change to OT. I've always thought it was asinine to not give each team an equal shot at winning the game. It's only slightly better now than it used to be, but very slightly. It's BS that a game could go to OT and you could lose the game without ever touching the football.

I'd also be fine with a 10 minute overtime, play it out. Or each team get a possession from the 40. Still tied? 60-yard field goal attempts.

The onside rule sounds dumb, as were the restrictions on it last year.

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Personally, I'd rather see a full quarter played in OT, played exactly the same as the rest of the game. Fuck 'em if they get tired. For as much money as they're making, they should be happy they're not being made to play in tutus. If they don't like it they can give up the game and go make an honest living at a regular job like the rest of the people in this country not blessed to be able to play a game for ridiculous amounts of undeserved money.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2019, 11:07 AM
I'd also be fine with a 10 minute overtime, play it out. Or each team get a possession from the 40. Still tied? 60-yard field goal attempts.

The onside rule sounds dumb, as were the restrictions on it last year.

Yeah, that onsides kick rule sounds retarded as fuck :lol:

Personally, I'd rather see a full quarter played in OT, played exactly the same as the rest of the game. Fuck 'em if they get tired. For as much money as they're making, they should be happy they're not being made to play in tutus. If they don't like it they can give up the game and go make an honest living at a regular job like the rest of the people in this country not blessed to be able to play a game for ridiculous amounts of undeserved money.

I agree, and they're lucky they don't play MORE, not less. God the NFL players are the biggest babies sometimes. Look at hockey players. 82 games a season, sometimes back-to-back games, playing 3 or 4 games a week. And those guys go ALL OUT every game and take every bit as much as a beating as the NFL players do, for a lot less money overall.

DemonGeminiX
03-13-2019, 12:30 AM
The Giants have traded Odell Beckham Jr to the Browns. No word on compensation.

DemonGeminiX
03-13-2019, 12:34 AM
DeSean Jackson's an Eagle again. :rolleyes:

RBP
03-13-2019, 01:48 AM
The Bears restructured Khalil Mack's contract to open up $11M in cap space. :-k

No indication who they are going after with that money.

RBP
03-13-2019, 01:52 AM
Browns agree to trade for Giants WR Odell Beckham (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001022270/article/browns-agree-to-trade-for-giants-wr-odell-beckham) :shock:

So Baker Mayfield has Nick Chubb an Kareem Hunt in the backfield with Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham at wideout. Jesus.

RBP
03-13-2019, 01:57 AM
Bills planning to sign WRs John Brown, Cole Beasley (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001022185/article/bills-planning-to-sign-wrs-john-brown-cole-beasley)

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2019, 10:46 AM
Browns agree to trade for Giants WR Odell Beckham (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001022270/article/browns-agree-to-trade-for-giants-wr-odell-beckham) :shock:

So Baker Mayfield has Nick Chubb an Kareem Hunt in the backfield with Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham at wideout. Jesus.

RBP
03-13-2019, 12:25 PM
How can you not cheer for the Browns this year.... I don't know who their GM is, but damn, brother, you're kicking ass.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2019, 12:28 PM
From some of the Tweets I've seen concerning the trade, Giants fans are NOT happy :lol:

Hal-9000
03-13-2019, 05:39 PM
"Factory of sadness"

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2019, 05:50 PM
"Factory of sadness"

https://i.imgur.com/DjWYous.png

They've only had 2 winning seasons in the last 20 years, and only one trip to the playoffs in those 20 years, so yeah, Factory of Sadness :rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2019, 12:47 PM
https://i.imgur.com/BOpb2z9.jpg

Hal-9000
03-14-2019, 03:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/DjWYous.png

They've only had 2 winning seasons in the last 20 years, and only one trip to the playoffs in those 20 years, so yeah, Factory of Sadness :rofl:

*Browns fans standing in line*

fan 1 - Season tickets are only 29.95 this year.
fan 2 - Do we have to go to all of the games?
fan 1 - Yeah, it's stipulated in the purchase contract.
fan 2 - See ya on the 50 yard line.
fan 1 - Yeah :|

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2019, 11:03 AM

Teh One Who Knocks
04-02-2019, 12:43 PM
BvueJCIhUfu
Bvu1sqBjZgb
Browns are down to 14-1 odds for the Superb Owl :shock:

RBP
04-27-2019, 01:52 PM
The Bears traded Jordan Howard to the Eagles for a 6th round 2020 pick. Then on draft night give away picks to move up to 72 for a running back from Iowa State. In effect, they got nothing for Howard net of the swap.

The Eagles got the best of the trade, Howard is fucking awesome and will be an immediate star for them. And the draft pick is okay, but nothing worth trading up to get.

What do I know. We'll see what happens.

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2019, 08:05 PM
He can't be that good if they drafted him a few years ago and are willing to give him up already.

RBP
04-27-2019, 08:52 PM
He can't be that good if they drafted him a few years ago and are willing to give him up already.Not the issue at all. They just don't think he fits the new system. They hardly used him. He's a great traditional back.

DemonGeminiX
04-27-2019, 10:46 PM
Well, we'll see how he fits with us. We grabbed a RB in the 2nd round of the draft too, so that should be interesting.

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2019, 12:21 AM
Does anybody pay attention to the undrafted rookie free agent signings?

RBP
04-28-2019, 05:13 AM
Does anybody pay attention to the undrafted rookie free agent signings?

Yes

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2019, 05:30 AM
Anything good?

RBP
04-28-2019, 12:15 PM
Anything good?

I didn't say *I* paid attention. :giggle:

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2019, 09:24 PM
:suspect:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2019, 11:21 AM
I'm actually pretty happy with Denver's draft. Glad to see that Elway didn't jump the gun and draft a QB in the first round. And getting Lock at #42 might be a real bargain if he pans out. With Flaco here for the time being, that gives Lock a chance to learn the system.

DemonGeminiX
06-07-2019, 11:20 AM
I don't get it. Wentz hasn't finished a fucking season without getting injured yet, and the Eagles just gave him a 6 year extension worth $154.7 million. Are they fucking insane?

Teh One Who Knocks
06-07-2019, 11:29 AM
I don't get it. Wentz hasn't finished a fucking season without getting injured yet, and the Eagles just gave him a 6 year extension worth $154.7 million. Are they fucking insane?

When he's healthy, he's good, and in the NFL the QB rules over all. :dunno:

DemonGeminiX
06-07-2019, 11:31 AM
But he can't stay healthy. And he wasn't that good after coming back from the first injury. He played like a guy that was scared to get hit.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-14-2019, 09:52 AM
The Associated Press

https://i.imgur.com/jbvmERRh.jpg

Pat Bowlen, the Denver Broncos owner who transformed the team from also-rans into NFL champions and helped the league usher in billion-dollar TV deals, has died. He was 75.

In a statement on the team’s website, Bowlen’s family says he died late Thursday night at home surrounded by loved ones. The statement did not specify a cause of death. Bowlen had battled Alzheimer’s for several years.

Bowlen, elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame this year, was the first owner in NFL history to have his team win 300 games — including playoffs — in three decades. He had as many Super Bowl appearances (seven) as losing seasons, and the Broncos had a 354-240-1 record since he bought the team in 1984.

Under his stewardship, the Broncos won Super Bowls in 1998, ’99 and 2016.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2019, 10:21 AM
By Dom Calicchio | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/SgFoFaOh.jpg

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell raising his right hand and swearing to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

It could happen, a report said, after an appellate court in Louisiana on Wednesday upheld a district judge’s decision to let a lawsuit filed by disgruntled fans of the New Orleans Saints to proceed.

The case stems from the widely disputed NFC Championship Game last Jan. 20, in which a referee’s non-call of what appeared to be a pass-interference penalty allowed the Los Angeles Rams to ultimately defeat the Saints and advance to the Super Bowl.

As might be expected, Saints fans were furious. Many wanted the cost of their tickets to be refunded, while others wanted the game to be replayed.

Saints fan Tony LeMon and others decided to sue the NFL – and the district judge’s July 18 decision, which was upheld Wednesday, could lead to Goodell and the game’s referees having to appear for sworn depositions in the case, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported.

After the league lost its appeal Wednesday, it could ask the Louisiana Supreme Court to stop the lawsuit, according to the report.

At stake for the league is only $75,000, the maximum penalty allowed in a Louisiana state court. (The NFL’s revenue last season: an estimated $15 billion.)

But LeMon told the Times-Picayune that he and his fellow plaintiffs contend that their lawsuit is not about money.

“This is about getting to the truth,” he said, “and accountability for what happened.”

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2019, 02:49 PM
by Jared Dubin - CBS Sports

Louisiana State Civil District Court Judge Nicole Sheppard of New Orleans has ordered NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and three officials from January's NFC title game between the Saints and Los Angeles Rams to be deposed regarding the infamous missed pass interference call that arguably swung the game in favor of the Rams.
Attorney Antonio LeMon, who filed the suit alleging fraud was committed by the officials, said that he and the league will agree on a date for the depositions to take place, barring any appeal from the league, according to the Associated Press.

Judge Sheppard had already previously ruled that LeMon's lawsuit could proceed where others had failed. Other suits were brought in or removed to federal court, but LeMon's has continued in state court. Per the Associated Press, LeMon has designed the suit to stay in state court by keeping the requested damages low ($75,000); he also stated Monday that he intends to donate any proceeds from the suit to former Saints star Steve Gleason's charity.

LeMon also received favorable rulings from Judge Sheppard that will allow him to request documents from and question NFL officials. The suit is scheduling to have its next hearing in late August, with depositions currently set to be scheduled in September. Reached for comment by the Associated Press, an NFL spokesman declined to speak on the matter.

Just in case you thought this controversy was over now that we're headed into an all new season, well, think again.

DemonGeminiX
07-30-2019, 05:22 PM
Wah, you lost! It's just a fucking game. Get over it.

:dunno:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2019, 05:38 PM
Wah, you lost! It's just a fucking game. Get over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6K1HgGMbus

Start at 30 seconds in :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2019, 01:17 PM
https://i.imgur.com/3c894vM.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
08-25-2019, 12:42 PM
Wow, Andrew Luck announced his retirement from the NFL last night.

DemonGeminiX
08-26-2019, 05:03 PM
Yeah, he wasn't very lucky.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-29-2019, 11:30 AM
By Hank Berrien - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/gEhWXIkh.jpg

Earlier this week, after a video of U.S. National Soccer team star Carli Lloyd kicking a 55-yard field goal went viral, her trainer James Galanis told FOX Sports that one NFL team had expressed interest in hiring her. Galanis told Fox reporter Martin Rogers, "Today, she got another call from another NFL team. The one that called today, I don’t want to say who it is, was willing to put her on the roster for their next (game). They were willing to put her on the roster … She was told (she could) play on Thursday, the NFL game, but she is playing Thursday with the national team, so that was the conflict."
Galanis continued, "Knowing Carli, I don’t think she would just hop on and do it. She would need a couple of weeks training just to get comfortable and acclimatized. But things have escalated and it is real. I think Carli is perfectly made out for a job like that. She loves the pressure. She’s got one of the hardest kicks in the world when it comes to women. She is great at long range balls, she displayed that by scoring a goal from just past the halfway line in a World cup final, and she is definitely in tune with the mechanics. She would be an ideal candidate … We are thinking about what it would do to the sport itself, every sport at every level. She would be the first female that’s really playing with males, and what would it do to the whole equality (issue)."

Now Lloyd is saying she is considering the idea. She spoke with Jeff Skversky of ABC6 Philadelphia on Wednesday, and he asked, "This has been coming up a lot. How much do you continue to think about pursuing an NFL job?"

Lloyd answered:

Yeah, it’s been something that’s turned into a casual day out at the Eagles practice just hitting some field goals. I’m competitive by nature, started at 25 yards and just kept moving back. That nailed my 55-yard in one try. The next thing I know, I’ve gotten in the car and it’s gone completely viral and it’s gone completely crazy in these last couple weeks. It’s good news. I think it’s started the conversation. At first I was kind of laughing about it, but after speaking with my husband and close family and friends at home, I think that anything’s possible and I think I’d be foolish to maybe not entertain the idea of potentially doing it.

I know that there’s some challenges and there’s some big men on the line; I get that; I’m not naïve to that, but I’m not trying to be a quarterback or a running back. It’s kicking field goals. I think with the right technique, the right practice, getting that two-step down, I think I can do it and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with me saying that I can do it.
She also told Skversky, “It's honestly gotten me thinking a little bit, you now, I think, from a kicking perspective, that’s what I do for a living. I don’t see why not. Women can kick, I think with the right technique and the right practice … I think that it’s possible. I'm kind of considering, considering the offers and we'll see what happens."
Lloyd may say, “I’m not trying to be a quarterback or a running back,” but kickers in football sometimes have to do more than kick, sometimes they have to make a tackle, and sometimes even when they’re kicking things get pretty rough. Here are a few pieces of evidence she might want to consider before getting out on the field in the NFL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7xgKsxk9I4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTR8BDrHRSs

Teh One Who Knocks
08-29-2019, 11:35 AM
By Joshua Rhett Miller - The New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/9kzz6Crh.jpg

At least one NFL player thinks US women’s soccer star Carli Lloyd should stick to the pitch.

Los Angeles Chargers wideout Keenan Allen threw a big bucket of cold Gatorade on Lloyd’s chances to thrive in the league with a pointed tweet on Tuesday, saying the three-time World Cup champ would be a liability if one of her kicks didn’t get past the line of scrimmage.

“Sound sweet til somebody block the kick and all of a sudden she on defense,” Allen wrote. “Would be like the stampede scene in the lion king movie.”

But Allen, who posted his unsolicited take with a video of Lloyd smashing a 55-yard field goal at a Philadelphia Eagles practice last week, wasn’t entirely negative, adding: “She do got a boot tho!”

The post, which was retweeted more than 3,100 times as of early Wednesday, prompted a wide range of replies, including some that countered Lloyd would actually fit right in with her NFL counterparts if given a shot.

“Legitimate question … how is this different from any other kicker?” one NFL fan asked. “The same thing would happen to 99% of them.”

Another user who appeared to be a Chiefs fan even got personal with Allen, claiming Lloyd is actually “more physical” than the 27-year-old Pro Bowl receiver who caught 97 passes and six touchdowns last year.

Other replies blasted the oft-injured Allen as one of the NFL’s “softest players,” while some warned that critics shouldn’t underestimate Lloyd’s chances to make an impact in a regular-season game.

“That woman got legs and people might be surprised what she could do,” one fan said. “She may not have the upper body strength of NFL players but don’t rule out her planting her feet and shoulder down.”

Lloyd, a native of Delran, New Jersey, currently plays midfield for Sky Blue FC in the National Women’s Soccer League. She turned heads on Aug. 20 by splitting the uprights from 55 yards out during a joint practice between the Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens.

Lloyd was in Philadelphia on Tuesday to throw the first pitch before the Phillies took on the Pirates. She’s set to rejoin the World Cup champion US women’s team on Thursday to take on Portugal at Lincoln Financial Field as part of a five-game victory tour.

But fans – as well as detractors like Allen — shouldn’t expect Lloyd to kick her way onto an NFL roster this year, as she’s eyeing the 2020 season if she decides to take the plunge, according to her trainer, James Galanis.

“If she’s going to do this, she’ll do it – she’ll train in the offseason, she’ll get herself ready so that she just doesn’t do it for the sake of doing it,” Galanis told ESPN. “If she’s going to do it, she’s going to do it so that she can be a success.”

Two teams have expressed serious interest in Lloyd, including one that offered her a chance to play Thursday in a final preseason matchup, Galanis said. He did not identify the teams.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2019, 02:37 PM
:rofl:

RBP
09-06-2019, 03:39 PM
I'd laugh, but that was the most interesting thing about the Bears game last night. :|

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2019, 03:40 PM
I'd laugh, but that was the most interesting thing about the Bears game last night. :|

:-k

At least your FG kicker made the FG and it didn't hit the upright :thumbsup:

:empathy:

RBP
09-06-2019, 03:42 PM

At least your FG kicker made the FG and it didn't hit the upright :thumbsup:

Well there's that. That was the biggest (only?) cheer of the night. Boo Birds in Chicago on day 1 of the season is not good. This isn't Philly....

Teh One Who Knocks
09-06-2019, 03:46 PM
From what I read, Trubisky stunk it up. I didn't watch the game.

DemonGeminiX
09-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Eagles win! :woot: 32-27 over the Redskins. :cheerlead:

Carson Wentz didn't go down with an injury.

Oddly enough, Nick Foles left the Jags game with an injury.

DemonGeminiX
09-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Oakland cuts Antonio Brown and the Patriots immediately swooped in and signed him hours after the cut. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-08-2019, 09:10 PM
Oakland cuts Antonio Brown and the Patriots immediately swooped in and signed him hours after the cut. :lol:Yeah, that almost seems fixed.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2019, 11:07 AM
The Associated Press

An attorney and New Orleans Saints fan said Monday he will go no further with his court fight against the NFL over game officials' failure to call an obvious penalty at a crucial point in a January playoff game.

The no-call helped the Los Angeles Rams beat the Saints and advance to the Super Bowl.

Lawyer Antonio LeMon and three others sued, alleging fraud by the NFL. The case was dismissed Friday by Louisiana's Supreme Court. A state judge and an appellate court had allowed the suit to proceed over NFL objections. And, for a time, it looked as though Commissioner Roger Goodell and three playoff game officials might have to submit to questions under oath.

"The Louisiana Supreme Court has now spoken," LeMon said in a prepared statement Monday morning. "Consequently we, the plaintiffs in this lawsuit, are ready to move on and respect the ruling of our State's highest court.

LeMon nevertheless called Friday's ruling disappointing.

"By this Supreme Court ruling, the only right given to the purchaser of an NFL ticket, at least in Louisiana, is to get a seat in the stadium," his statement said. "Once in that seat, the NFL has a license to do whatever it wants to us little ticket-holders, even to commit fraud and deceptive consumer trade practices against us without any civil recourse."

The NFL declined comment Monday.

Three other lawsuits over the no-call had already died in federal court. At the center of each of them: The lack of a pass interference or roughness penalty after a Rams player's helmet-to-helmet hit on a Saints receiver with a pass on the way.

Among allegations in LeMon's lawsuit are claims that fraud and "implicit or unconscious bias" on the part of game officials from the Los Angeles area led to the decision not to flag the penalty.

LeMon did succeed in getting some responses from the NFL to written queries before the state Supreme Court halted action in the case while it was pending. The league acknowledged that video shows that pass interference and unnecessary roughness penalties should have been called. But it also said officials who were in proper position at the time of the play saw it "in real-time at full speed" and did not see the penalties.

"It is for each of us who have viewed the "No Call" play to decide if the NFL and Commissioner Goodell are being truthful and whether these sworn responses are disturbing," LeMon's Monday statement said.

In April, NFL owners voted to next season allow pass interference calls and non-calls to be challenged by coaches and reviewed on replay by officials.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2019, 11:33 AM
And who's idea was it to start the Broncos game at 8:20 PM local time? :roll: Some people have to actually get up for work the next day. I guess it did me the favor of not having to watch them lose to the fucking Raiders at least.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2019, 01:00 PM
By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/AJYP7Brl.jpg

NFL legend Jerry Rice said Monday there was something fishy going on with Antonio Brown’s departure from the Oakland Raiders and his almost immediate signing with the New England Patriots.

Rice, in a radio interview with 95.7 The Game in San Francisco, said he believes that Brown wanted to end up with the Patriots all along — even before he was traded to Oakland.

“We all got played, man. We did,” he said. “I'm gonna be honest with you, because, this guy, he contacted me and he told me that he wanted to play ball here in the Bay Area. He wanted to be part of the San Francisco 49ers. So, I bought into it because I can only take a man at his word and stuff like that. But I think this, it was pretty much already planned. He had to take a different direction.”
Brown signed the Patriots hours after he was released by the Raiders. The Brown drama began almost as soon as minicamp opened up for NFL teams.

Brown was on the mend after suffering a foot injury during a cryotherapy session and he reportedly threatened to retire because he couldn’t wear his outdated helmet. He then had it out with general manager Mike Mayock and allegedly threatened to punch him in the face before turning around and apologizing to his team and putting the thought in everyone’s mind he would play for the Raiders.

However, Brown released a private conversation with coach Jon Gruden in a heavily produced YouTube video and, when he learned he was going to be fined for conduct detrimental to the team and lose his guaranteed money, he asked for his release in an Instagram post.

Rice said he believes Brown forced the organization’s hand in the decision to release the wide receiver.

“I think when he asked to be released from the Steelers, he wanted to go to the Patriots,” he said. “He wanted them to trade him to the Patriots. And there was no way that the Steelers would trade him to a rival. So he had to go a different route. And he decided to come through the Bay Area. And I feel sorry for the fans over in Oakland. He was a Denzel Washington and he won the Oscar. He won an Oscar, guys. I’m gonna be honest with you.”

Brown is expected to play in the Patriots’ second game of the season against the Miami Dolphins.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2019, 03:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SWWSQeZ.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2019, 04:02 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sWK0iCu.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2019, 04:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/cMmiBaK.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2019, 04:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/a8Bju3I.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
09-10-2019, 04:05 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ojh38Ga.jpg

DemonGeminiX
09-10-2019, 04:19 PM

https://i.imgur.com/AJYP7Brl.jpg

NFL legend Jerry Rice said Monday there was something fishy going on with Antonio Brown’s departure from the Oakland Raiders and his almost immediate signing with the New England Patriots.

Rice, in a radio interview with 95.7 The Game in San Francisco, said he believes that Brown wanted to end up with the Patriots all along — even before he was traded to Oakland.

“We all got played, man. We did,” he said. “I'm gonna be honest with you, because, this guy, he contacted me and he told me that he wanted to play ball here in the Bay Area. He wanted to be part of the San Francisco 49ers. So, I bought into it because I can only take a man at his word and stuff like that. But I think this, it was pretty much already planned. He had to take a different direction.”
Brown signed the Patriots hours after he was released by the Raiders. The Brown drama began almost as soon as minicamp opened up for NFL teams.

Brown was on the mend after suffering a foot injury during a cryotherapy session and he reportedly threatened to retire because he couldn’t wear his outdated helmet. He then had it out with general manager Mike Mayock and allegedly threatened to punch him in the face before turning around and apologizing to his team and putting the thought in everyone’s mind he would play for the Raiders.

However, Brown released a private conversation with coach Jon Gruden in a heavily produced YouTube video and, when he learned he was going to be fined for conduct detrimental to the team and lose his guaranteed money, he asked for his release in an Instagram post.

Rice said he believes Brown forced the organization’s hand in the decision to release the wide receiver.

“I think when he asked to be released from the Steelers, he wanted to go to the Patriots,” he said. “He wanted them to trade him to the Patriots. And there was no way that the Steelers would trade him to a rival. So he had to go a different route. And he decided to come through the Bay Area. And I feel sorry for the fans over in Oakland. He was a Denzel Washington and he won the Oscar. He won an Oscar, guys. I’m gonna be honest with you.”

Brown is expected to play in the Patriots’ second game of the season against the Miami Dolphins.

:winner:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-14-2019, 05:14 PM
Chicago @ Denver tomorrow, the early in the season who sucks worse competition.

DemonGeminiX
09-16-2019, 03:39 AM
Wentz sucks.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-16-2019, 10:08 AM
The Broncos game :facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
09-16-2019, 04:02 PM
It's gonna be a long ugly season. :meh:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-16-2019, 04:14 PM
Ben Roethlisberger is out for the season and Drew Brees is out for (at least) 6 weeks.

DemonGeminiX
09-20-2019, 12:48 AM
Who the hell is this Minshew kid?

DemonGeminiX
09-20-2019, 10:05 PM
Well that didn't last very long. The Pats cut Antonio Brown.

RBP
09-20-2019, 10:29 PM
Well that didn't last very long. The Pats cut Antonio Brown.

Don't stick your pigskin in crazy. :nono:

DemonGeminiX
09-20-2019, 11:40 PM

The mental images that comment conjures...

Teh One Who Knocks
09-23-2019, 11:53 AM
So....the Broncos suck. :|

DemonGeminiX
09-23-2019, 01:14 PM
So do the Eagles.

DemonGeminiX
09-27-2019, 12:40 AM
Eagles @ Green Bay on Thursday night football. So yeah, the Eagles are gonna be 1 - 3 tomorrow...

DemonGeminiX
09-27-2019, 03:59 AM
:shock:

They won.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2019, 11:34 AM
So do the Eagles.

:shock:

They won.

They're 2-2, that's far from sucking :slap:

DemonGeminiX
09-27-2019, 02:13 PM
They're 2-2, that's far from sucking :slap:

1-2 was sucky enough. I can't believe they won last night.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2019, 02:18 PM
1-2 was sucky enough. I can't believe they won last night.

Try being 0-3 and the ONLY team in the NFL that doesn't have any sacks or a takeaways so far to start the season. That hasn't happened in over 50 years. :|

RBP
09-27-2019, 02:31 PM
Try being 0-3 and the ONLY team in the NFL that doesn't have any sacks or a takeaways so far to start the season. That hasn't happened in over 50 years. :|

Stop making Vic wear pants.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2019, 02:34 PM
Stop making Vic wear pants.

I will say one thing about Vic, I like him as a head coach. In the game against the Bears when he decided to go for 2 instead of the extra point to try and win it on the field instead of playing for OT, I like that kind of play calling.

RBP
09-27-2019, 02:55 PM
I will say one thing about Vic, I like him as a head coach. In the game against the Bears when he decided to go for 2 instead of the extra point to try and win it on the field instead of playing for OT, I like that kind of play calling.

I'm a fan. Just let Vic be Vic.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2019, 05:40 PM
Right now the 'vaunted' defense is a bigger issue than our offense. Plus, it's a world of suck.

Unfortunately for Sanders, his optimism may turn out to be naivety as Denver’s schedule is not exactly kind from here on out. The Broncos face the legend of Gardner Minshew next week, and the Chargers at Los Angeles the week after that. Sure, the Titans come to Mile High Stadium after the trip to LA, but then they face a three-game stretch of the Chiefs, Colts, and Browns. In other words, there’s a very real chance that this team could be 1-8, where the “world of suck” will have expanded into a galaxy of suck.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-30-2019, 06:23 PM
Annnnnnd the Broncos lose again to a game ending field goal, after blowing a 14 point lead. At home. And now our 2nd best pass rusher Bradley Chubb is done for the rest of the season with a torn ACL. :|

Teh One Who Knocks
10-07-2019, 11:47 AM
The Broncos won?? :shock:

:faint:

Of course they win the game I decide not to watch :rolleyes:

DemonGeminiX
10-07-2019, 12:38 PM
:haha:

They lose when you watch. You're a jinx.

:nana:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-07-2019, 12:49 PM
Even with the win they're 1-4, it's not like they're going anywhere this year anyways. :dunno:

DemonGeminiX
10-07-2019, 01:18 PM
:nono:

Stop watching and maybe they'll win the rest of their games this season.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-07-2019, 01:20 PM

DemonGeminiX
10-07-2019, 01:22 PM
Hey, you're the reason they've lost, jinx. :dunno:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-07-2019, 01:28 PM
Doubtful since I didn't watch watch the first game of the year either because it was on MNF and would have been on way past my bedtime. They lost that one too.

DemonGeminiX
10-07-2019, 01:40 PM
:nono:

They knew you wanted to watch. That's as bad as watching.

Muddy
10-07-2019, 02:32 PM
I don't know if the Redskins will ever have a winning team again.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-07-2019, 02:33 PM
I don't know if the Redskins will ever have a winning team again.

Blame Snyder, they've pretty much sucked since he bought the team.

Muddy
10-07-2019, 02:48 PM
Blame Snyder, they've pretty much sucked since he bought the team.

Is he not hiring the right people?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Is he not hiring the right people?

Early on when he first bought the team, he thought he could run it like a fantasy football team. Bring in all this high priced talent and they would instantly win. Instead the team had no chemistry for years (which is VERY important in team sports) and they just kinda muddled along. They weren't awful, but they weren't winning like he thought they would either. Then just bad drafts, bad hirings, not treating the players like they should, no one wanting to play there anymore, it's just took a toll. And it's a deep, deep hole to climb out of. He's gotten less 'hands on' than he used to be when he first got the team, but he's the one who sent them into a death spiral.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-07-2019, 03:02 PM
This is from an article on Barstool Sports from last year, sums it up pretty well:

Let me address that real quick. The Washington Redskins are not what we once were. The Skins are one of those premier, top tier NFL franchises, for sure. All the history, the 3 Super Bowls, the legendary players and coaches, everything. But then Daniel Snyder bought the team. And after that initial Dan Snyder honeymoon stage where he signed every high priced free agent possible, he’s slowly destroyed the fan base’s hopes and dreams through bad moves, through refusing to hire a GM, and you know, treating everyone like shit.

I once made this list of things Dan Snyder cares more about than winning. It went:

Dan Snyder cares about 1) himself, 2) his ego, 3) making money, 4) peacocking his midget dick around waving it in people’s faces, 5) sucking up to people that are cooler than him so hopefully someone likes him, 6) giving his friend’s children positions in the organization they don’t deserve, 7) suing old ladies, 8) paying his employees way too little, 9) paying players he likes way too much, 10) charging 50 dollars to park 3 miles away, 11) charging 50 dollars to leave tickets at Will Call, 12) cease and desisting our “Fire Dan Snyder” shirt, 13) paying people to pretend to be native americans, 14) forcing them to stand in the pouring rain so he can be like “see, I’m not racist!”, 15) buying a radio station so he can attempt to control the narrative, 16) buying the biggest Redskins fan page so he can attempt to control the narrative, 17) suing a newspaper reporter so he can attempt to control the narrative, 18) creating a “fan-run” Twitter account so he can attempt to control the narrative, 19) hiring a BINGO caller to call plays 20) wearing stupid shoes and socks, 21) demanding to draft Malcolm Kelly, 22) finally hiring a GM and then firing him because he tried too hard to do his job, 23) keeping Vinny Cerrato employed, 24) replacing Vinny with the devil himself Bruce Allen, 25-1,050) other things I can’t think of off the top of my head, 1,051) winning.

Like, this is what the fanbase has had to deal with over the last 15 years. There are right ways and wrong ways to run a team, and Dan Snyder has perfected the wrong way. He has alienated this fan base to no end. Now I’ll say this, it’s not Dan Snyder’s fault that they play at Fed Ex Field. Fed Ex is a dump and it’s the worst to go to. But Snyder hasn’t made it any better. All he does is gauge fans for every last cent (see #10 and 11 above). He has never given fans any reason or incentive to sit in hours of traffic to see subpar teams.

Muddy
10-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Wow..! :lol: I think I liked your explanation better..

Teh One Who Knocks
10-17-2019, 12:10 AM
:bwaha: That hack QB Osweiller is retiring at 28 years old. Can't believe Elway wasted a draft pick on him and thought he was the franchise quarterback of the future :roll:

DemonGeminiX
10-21-2019, 04:44 AM
Well, the Eagles suck.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2019, 12:15 PM
Well, the Donkey's have called it a season already. They're entertaining trade talks about Emmanuel Sanders and Chris Harris Jr.

Muddy
10-21-2019, 12:46 PM
Well, the Eagles suck.

Cowboys looking good last night..

Teh One Who Knocks
10-21-2019, 01:34 PM
Washington opened as a 16.5 point underdog to the Vikings for Thursday night :facepalm:

Muddy
10-21-2019, 02:26 PM
Dolphins and Bengals both still 0 wins.. That has to hurt.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-22-2019, 07:03 PM
Well, the Donkey's have called it a season already. They're entertaining trade talks about Emmanuel Sanders and Chris Harris Jr.

And Sanders is shipped off to SF along with a 5th rounder in exchange for a 3rd and a 4th round pick. Let the sell-off begin.

DemonGeminiX
10-22-2019, 07:52 PM
There's a lot of talk about trades on the Philly end lately.

DemonGeminiX
10-28-2019, 12:18 AM
The Eagles won. :woot:

RBP
10-28-2019, 01:32 AM
My God did the Bears suck. I am growing increasingly less confident in Nagy. Horrible play calling and really bad game management.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-28-2019, 10:06 AM
Broncos lost on a last second filed goal for the 3rd time this season :cheers:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-29-2019, 09:56 PM
Can't believe the Broncos didn't trade more players before the deadline :-k

DemonGeminiX
10-29-2019, 10:54 PM
The Eagles didn't do jack shit today.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-29-2019, 11:05 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2019-nfl-trade-deadline-winners-and-losers-bengals-waste-opportunities-eagles-and-rams-on-the-fence/

DemonGeminiX
10-29-2019, 11:16 PM
They're right about our receiver corps If you're relying on a 32 year old DeSean Jackson, then you've got problems. We've got a few receivers that could put up big numbers, and have in the past, but they're not now. You can only pin so much on Wentz. According to articles, some of the offense are just down on him. That's not good. They need to accept that Foles isn't gonna walk back though that locker room door any time soon and move on.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-03-2019, 10:13 PM
The kid that's never thrown a pass in a game in the NFL before just threw his 2nd touchdown pass for the Donkeys :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-04-2019, 12:56 AM
Broncos win :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-04-2019, 12:28 PM
The kid that's never thrown a pass in a game in the NFL before just threw his 2nd touchdown pass for the Donkeys :shock:

Broncos win :shock:

Since the kid hasn't played in a game since the 2016 Liberty Bowl, I'm going to chalk this up to a couple of things...no film on him for the opposing defense to really study and beginner's luck. Unless he can duplicate this going forward, I'm not going to get all that excited over his performance. But it does give a little glimmer of the possibility that there might be hope. He's the SIXTH starting QB the Broncos have used since the beginning of the 2017 season. :wha:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-15-2019, 06:17 PM
Donkeys are 10.5 point dogs to the Vikings this weekend.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2019, 12:58 PM
Donkeys are 10.5 point dogs to the Vikings this weekend.

They covered.....but managed to blow a 20 point lead at halftime :facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-24-2019, 09:40 PM
Donkeys lost again :cheers:

:suicide:

Looks like you can have your DC back next year RBP

RBP
11-25-2019, 04:29 AM
Donkeys lost again :cheers:

:suicide:

Looks like you can have your DC back next year RBP

I am not sure he can put out the dumpster fire in Chicago.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-25-2019, 11:00 AM
I am not sure he can put out the dumpster fire in Chicago.

Chicago has to admit that the Trubisky thing was a debacle and move on. Unless he turns into a combination of Montana/Elway/Marino/Brady for the last part of the season, there is no way he will ever live up to the hype of the QB that the Bears MOVED UP to take in the draft...moved up to take a QB that no one wanted that early in the draft to begin with. Moved up to take him ahead of Patrick Mahomes and DeShaun Watson. Cut him, never talk of it again, and move on. The Broncos aren't that dissimilar in some ways. Elway has carte blanche to run the Broncos, and one of the greatest QB's in NFL history couldn't tell a good QB if he fell out of the sky and landed on his head. We've had 6(!) starting QB's here since Manning retired in 2015. Even worse, we're on our 18th starting QB since Elway retired in 1998. It's absolutely ridiculous...and it's almost a shame that we won a Superb Owl with Manning because that win has basically bought Elway as much goodwill as possible and he can do no wrong here, even though if it was anyone else in Elway's position, they would have been run out of town years ago.

On a side note, I was going to search for the spelling of Trubisky in this post to make sure I spelled it right, and look what came up as the spelling suggestion:

https://i.imgur.com/NG0smTX.png

DemonGeminiX
12-02-2019, 02:24 PM
The Eagles got beat by the Dolphins yesterday. Yep, the Dolphins. The "came into the game 2 - 9" Dolphins. I'm done watching this season. Let me know when next year's season starts.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2019, 02:35 PM
Well, the Broncos lost yet another game on a last second, game ending field goal, just like...

Wait, what? :-k

They fucking won on a last second field goal? :shock:

:faint:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-02-2019, 02:36 PM
The Eagles got beat by the Dolphins yesterday. Yep, the Dolphins. The "came into the game 2 - 9" Dolphins. I'm done watching this season. Let me know when next year's season starts.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-08-2019, 07:33 PM
The Broncos are up 31-3 at halftime over the Texans :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-08-2019, 11:07 PM
The Broncos are up 31-3 at halftime over the Texans :shock:They fucking won :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2019, 10:37 AM
By Stephen Sorace | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/Fb6eHva.jpg

Chicago Bears linebacker Khalil Mack is delivering Christmas cheer to residents of his Florida hometown by paying off all the holiday layaway accounts at a local Walmart.

The store in Fort Pierce, located on Florida’s east coast, announced the happy holiday news Friday on Facebook.

“We here at Walmart would like to thank the Khalil Mack Foundation for your generosity, and for making so many families happy for the holidays,” the store wrote. “Everyone is truly grateful for everything you have done for them!”

https://i.imgur.com/aQU52iH.png

The 28-year-old’s foundation had approached the store and asked to be a secret Santa, store manager Mathias Libardi told the TC Palm. Libardi said the donation covered more than 300 layaway accounts, but would not disclose the dollar amount.

The holiday gift was only one of Mack’s several acts of generosity this year.

Last week, the Chicago Chargers’ U14 Pop Warner football team was $5,000 short of the $20,000 they needed play in the Disney National Championship in Florida. With only days remaining to get the funds together, Mack donated $2,000 to the young players to help them reach the goal, WGN-TV reported.

Mack also paid for 100 cleats for all the football players at Fort Pierce Westwood, his former high school, before the start of this year’s season, according to the TC Palm.

The All-Pro linebacker has played for six seasons in the NFL. He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in 2014 before he was traded to the Bears in 2018.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-18-2019, 04:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/ZkrVrbz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RLkA91h.jpg

:lol: Fucking cheaters.

DemonGeminiX
12-19-2019, 10:51 PM
The Jaguars fired VP Tom Coughlin.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2019, 01:10 PM
Broncos won again :shock:

The kid is 3-1 in his 4 starts so far, almost gives hope for the future. Almost.

DemonGeminiX
12-24-2019, 10:12 AM
And now if the Eagles beat the Giants, they win the NFC East and are in the playoffs... after having such a shitty start to the season.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2019, 04:34 AM
Un-fucking-real. The Eagles are in.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-30-2019, 10:42 AM
Broncos finished the season on a 4-1 run with the new kid. Actually excited for next season for a change.

And the Pats lost to the Dolphins and it cost them a first round bye this year. :rofl:

DemonGeminiX
01-05-2020, 11:03 PM
This game is a shit show. Wentz got tackled in the 1st quarter and hurt his pussy, so he's out now.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2020, 10:48 AM
Patriots are out :cheers:

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2020, 11:24 AM
So are the Eagles. :sad2:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2020, 11:32 AM
So are the Eagles. :sad2:

At least you had your shot, the Broncos have been out of the playoffs since pre-season :hand:

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2020, 11:38 AM
I honestly didn't think we'd make it. The entire NFC East was a shit show this year. If they let teams in the playoffs by position in the Conference instead of Division, we never would have been in there.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2020, 11:54 AM
I honestly didn't think we'd make it. The entire NFC East was a shit show this year. If they let teams in the playoffs by position in the Conference instead of Division, we never would have been in there.

I'm on the fence about 're-aligning' the playoffs in the NFL. I mean, the NBA did it and it makes more sense to let the BEST teams into the playoffs and not reward a team for playing average in a shitty division. Especially when a team with a horrible record gets to host a wild card game just because they won their division and a team with the better record has to go on the road. But it doesn't happen enough (like it did in the NBA), so is it worth changing the entire NFL playoffs because it happens once or twice every dozen or so years?

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2020, 12:08 PM

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2020, 12:11 PM

Give me an answer! :beatdown:

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2020, 12:18 PM
Looking at the NFC standings this year, the Rams were the closest to the Eagles by record and stats. They had the same record but were slightly better in points for and slightly worse in points against. If we took the top 6 teams in the Conference by record and stats, maybe the Eagles still would have been the sixth team this year, so maybe they still would have made the playoffs. Maybe they wouldn't have had home-field advantage, but they still would have played. This year wasn't an outlier.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2020, 12:22 PM
Eagles News: Jadeveon Clowney says Philadelphia has the worst fans in the world (https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/1/6/21051355/eagles-news-jadeveon-clowney-philadelphia-worst-fans-world-seattle-seahawks-dirty-hit-carson-wentz)

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2020, 12:22 PM
Maybe there should have been a tie-breaker game between the Eagles and Rams. :-k

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2020, 12:23 PM
Eagles News: Jadeveon Clowney says Philadelphia has the worst fans in the world (https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/1/6/21051355/eagles-news-jadeveon-clowney-philadelphia-worst-fans-world-seattle-seahawks-dirty-hit-carson-wentz)

:-s

You're just figuring that out? We've known that for decades, clown. :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2020, 12:30 PM
Maybe there should have been a tie-breaker game between the Eagles and Rams. :-k

The NFLPA would never go for another game. They won't even let the NFL consider adding a 17th regular season game and dumping a meaningless pre-season game.

Head-to-head, if applicable.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss.

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2020, 12:33 PM
The NFLPA would never go for another game. They won't even let the NFL consider adding a 17th regular season game and dumping a meaningless pre-season game.

Head-to-head, if applicable.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss.

I don't think they played against each other this season, and I have to go to the bathroom so I'm not gonna sit down and analyze the rest. Actually, both teams' seasons are over now, so it really doesn't matter any more.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-13-2020, 01:00 PM
There's reports saying that the Chiefs are going to give Mahomes an extension worth $40 million/year.

DemonGeminiX
01-13-2020, 03:23 PM
He ain't even won shit yet.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-13-2020, 03:35 PM
He ain't even won shit yet.

But can they afford to let him go if they don't lock him up long term? He might just be the best QB to come along in awhile. In just 31 career regular season starts, he's thrown for 9412 yards and 76 TD's and 18 INT's. Add in 3 playoff games (not including yesterday) with another 894 yards and 8 TD's and no INT's.

Muddy
01-13-2020, 03:53 PM
But can they afford to let him go if they don't lock him up long term? He might just be the best QB to come along in awhile. In just 31 career regular season starts, he's thrown for 9412 yards and 76 TD's and 18 INT's. Add in 3 playoff games (not including yesterday) with another 894 yards and 8 TD's and no INT's.

He's got great potential..

Godfather
01-29-2020, 07:15 AM
Oh cool, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif is playing in the Super Bowl! Canadian kid graduated med school at McGill while playing in the NFL. Rooting for him.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-03-2020, 01:25 PM
By Jeff Kerr - CBS Sports

https://i.imgur.com/075yE8tl.jpg

The New England Patriots are apparently putting forth their best effort to keep Tom Brady, or maybe it's their last effort. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport is reporting the Patriots have the intent to keep Brady in New England, and are willing to pay him at least $30 million per season to keep him with the only franchise the future Hall of Famer has ever played for.

This is a significant change for New England, a franchise that has never paid Brady more than $23 million a year. Part of that has been Brady's willingness to take less money so the Patriots can spend in other areas, a big reason the franchise has made nine Super Bowls since Brady became the starting quarterback in 2001.

Brady has never been a free agent and will have intriguing options ahead of him come March. The Tennessee Titans, Las Vegas Raiders, Los Angeles Chargers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers could have openings at quarterback, all of which may entice Brady. Jameis Winston is a free agent after five up-and-down seasons in Tampa Bay. Philip Rivers has all but signaled farewell in Los Angeles after 16 seasons. Ryan Tannehill is a free agent in Tennessee and may be out of the Titans' price range after earning NFL Comeback Player of the Year honors in a career season. The Raiders will save $16.5 million in cap space if they cut Carr this offseason, putting them in play for Brady.

Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Raiders will pursue Brady if he doesn't re-sign with the Patriots. That could force New England to try and get a deal done.

One of the biggest factors toward a Brady return in New England will be what skill players the organization will place around him, or what they will attempt to do in a way to convince him to finish his career in New England. The Patriots were seventh in points per game (25.5), but they were carried by a defense that was second in takeaways per game. New England was 14th in yards (351.2), 25th in yards per carry (3.8), and 25th in completion percentage (60.58%). New England had to play Julian Edelman outside of the slot due to the lack of viable options on the outside, causing friction between Brady and the offense throughout the season.

Brady will have a huge decision to make in the coming weeks and has long deserved to get the contract that's coming to him. At the end of the day, his decision will come down to which team gives him the best chance to win his seventh Super bowl title.

We'll see if the Patriots are it.

DemonGeminiX
02-03-2020, 02:18 PM
We have a kid that just won the Superbowl in a thrilling 4th quarter comeback, also winning the MVP award, and now we're back to talking about Tom Brady? Can't we give the kid some time to bask in his victory?

Teh One Who Knocks
02-03-2020, 02:26 PM
Not to mention, is a rapidly aging Brady worth $30 million? :huh:

Godfather
02-04-2020, 07:30 AM
Not to mention, is a rapidly aging Brady worth $30 million? :huh:

I'm talking out my ass here, but do you think that even as their second string QB, he pays himself off in terms of PR/advertising/jersey and ticket sales, as well as mentorship in the room? Perhaps not, the Patriots certainly don't look to need him to sell out - a quick google shows they've sold out every game since 1994 but just spit-balling.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-04-2020, 03:52 PM
I'm talking out my ass here, but do you think that even as their second string QB, he pays himself off in terms of PR/advertising/jersey and ticket sales, as well as mentorship in the room? Perhaps not, the Patriots certainly don't look to need him to sell out - a quick google shows they've sold out every game since 1994 but just spit-balling.

The problem with giving a player like Brady (at the end of his career) that kind of money is, you leave no money for the rest of the holes to fill on your roster. The biggest weakness the Patriots appeared to have last year was the receivers, and unless they pull off some kind of trade or get lucky in the draft, they will still have a sub-par receiver core PLUS an older Brady running the offense. I'm no fan of the Pats or Brady, but they really can't afford to cripple the team by giving Brady $30 million. Especially after they were bounced out of the playoffs in the first round. They need to really look for his replacement, not keep him there in perpetuity.

Look at what happened here in Denver. After Manning retired, it took until this year (and SEVEN quarterbacks later in just 4 years) to maybe find what could be our QB of the future going forward. Finding a QB is really the hardest position to fill in the NFL. And what's funny is, the Pats probably had their post-Brady QB in Jimmy Garoppolo, but Brady (from all the rumors) forced New England to trade him to San Francisco. And well, they were in the Super Bowl this year and the Pats weren't. It's time to cut Brady loose IMHO.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-05-2020, 01:55 PM
Opening weekend in the new and improved XFL.

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/28635263/inside-xfl-rules-schedule-rosters-salaries-more-2020-season

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2020, 03:52 PM
https://i.imgur.com/utj3YaE.png

Hmmmmm...which team to root for since there's no Denver team? :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2020, 03:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/fHCw72Z.png

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2020, 06:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/pIqWYuv.jpg

DemonGeminiX
02-06-2020, 08:05 PM
That's pretty fuckin' cool.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2020, 06:43 PM
The Chargers have announced that they are going to release QB Phillip Rivers after 16 seasons.

DemonGeminiX
02-10-2020, 11:25 PM
Somebody will pick him up. He could be really good in the right offensive system.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-17-2020, 01:03 PM
Tom Brady has officially announced he is leaving the Patriots :shock:

DemonGeminiX
03-17-2020, 01:43 PM
Tom Brady has officially announced he is leaving the Patriots :shock:

I guess somebody else will have to learn strategic deflation.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-17-2020, 05:04 PM
The Chargers have announced that they are going to release QB Phillip Rivers after 16 seasons.

Somebody will pick him up. He could be really good in the right offensive system.

He just signed with the Colts.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-17-2020, 11:20 PM
TMZ is reporting that Brady is going to sign with Tampa Bay at $30 million/year

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2020, 05:44 PM
Nick Foles is going to the Bears. Does that mean it's the end of Trubisky Time?

RBP
03-18-2020, 06:55 PM
Nick Foles is going to the Bears. Does that mean it's the end of Trubisky Time?

Insurance. I'll take him as a solid back up if Trubisky sucks again.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-19-2020, 05:52 PM
The Broncos are going to release Joe Flacco. There was an experiment in failure.

DemonGeminiX
03-19-2020, 08:20 PM
Insurance. I'll take him as a solid back up if Trubisky sucks again.

He's like Flacco. He's a system QB. If all the right pieces are in place and playing according to the plan, then Foles rocks. But if one piece is out of place, fahgeddaboudit.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2020, 10:56 AM
Carolina has cut Cam Newton.

Godfather
03-26-2020, 07:10 AM
Carolina has cut Cam Newton.

I don't know much about this guy, but has anyone ever made $100+ Million and then been cut within under 10 seasons, in any sport, ever before!? :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2020, 12:40 PM
It looks like the Patriots are gonna go after him. It might be a good fit. The Pats like whiny bitches, although his price tag might scare them off seeing as how they don't like to pay their players.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2020, 12:22 PM
So Gronkowski is coming out of retirement to play with Brady in Tampa?

DemonGeminiX
04-22-2020, 06:26 PM
Butt buddies until the end.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2020, 06:28 PM
Butt buddies until the end.

The Patriots still hold the rights to Gronkowski, so I assume they must have made a trade if this going to happen but I have yet to see the details.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Don Shula has passed away at 90 :rip:

DemonGeminiX
05-28-2020, 01:14 PM
I think I'm reading that the Eagles got the OK from the governor to prepare for or start training camp.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-03-2020, 12:37 PM
by Sean Wagner-McGough - CBS Sports

https://i.imgur.com/R3Ow8k0.jpg

With a birth year of 1920, back when they were known as the Decatur Staleys two years before they officially became the team we recognize today, the Chicago Bears have a rich and storied history full of all-time great linebackers, one of the best running backs ever, one of the greatest coaches in NFL history, and so on, which makes selecting their Franchise Five nearly impossible. Unfortunately, that difficult task was handed to me as we continue our offseason series here at CBS Sports, so with the help of CBS Sports' Tom Fornelli, who also happens to be a Bears fan in Chicago, I did my best to sort through the jumbled list of Hall of Famers that have donned the blue of the Bears to come up with a Franchise Five.

CBSSports.com's Franchise Five dives into five most impactful people in each NFL's team history. Our rules here bind us to pick just one quarterback, three non-quarterback players and one head coach.

For the Bears, picking a coach and quarterback was rather easy for differing reasons, but picking only three non-quarterback players was rather difficult. An NFL-high twenty-seven Chicago Bears have been inducted into the Hall of Fame. So, hard decisions and controversial snubs had to be made. That couldn't be avoided.

But with the help of Fornelli, I came up with a Franchise Five that I think appropriately reflects the rich and storied history of the Bears. We begin with the founder of the franchise in what was the easiest selection of the five.

Coach George Halas

There's a reason the winner of the NFC gets awarded the George Halas Trophy, a tradition that began back during the 1984-85 season. Halas isn't just the Bears' best-ever coach, he's also one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport. In his 40-year coaching career that began in 1920 with the Decatur Staleys -- who would become known as the Chicago Bears in 1922 -- and ended in 1967, Halas went a remarkable 318-148-31 with the franchise, leading them to six championships along the way.

Halas, who also owned the team, is the only acceptable answer here. His initials are still stitched on the Bears' uniforms, after all. It's difficult to imagine them ever getting removed.

This isn't really up for debate, but shoutout to both Mike Ditka and Lovie Smith, who deserve recognition as great Bears coaches, both of whom took the team to the Super Bowl -- with Ditka winning his appearance with that historically great 1985 defense, and Smith perhaps not getting the recognition he deserved until the Bears tried to replace him with Marc Trestman and then John Fox. Perhaps firing Smith after a 10-win season wasn't a smart move, after all. In the seven seasons since Smith last walked the Bears' sidelines, the Bears have made the playoffs only once (in 2018 under current coach Matt Nagy)

Just missed: Mike Ditka

QB Jay Cutler

Perhaps the most underappreciated and misunderstood player in Bears history, Jay Cutler never developed into the superstar the Bears thought they were acquiring when they traded a fortune for him in 2009, but by the time his career with the team ended after the 2016 season, he'd established himself as the best quarterback in the franchise's history.

Obviously, the Bears' history of quarterback play is dreadful -- so dreadful that Sid Luckman, who last played for the Bears in 1950, held most of the Bears' passing records until Cutler came along -- but Cutler departed Chicago as the team's all-time leader in passing yards (topping Luckman by 8,757 yards) and touchdown passes (17 more than Luckman). Keep in mind that for most of Cutler's prime, he was playing behind a terrible offensive line and throwing to receivers like Devin Hester, Johnny Knox, and Earl Bennett. He didn't have much help. Matt Forte, a running back, was probably his most consistent weapon over the years.

With a little more luck, Cutler could've brought a championship to Chicago, but luck was never on his side -- a torn MCL in the NFC Championship Game ruined his best chance, a broken thumb the following season wrecked a 7-3 start to the year, a 10-win season in 2012 wasn't enough to qualify for the postseason, and an Aaron Rodgers' fourth-down touchdown bomb to Randall Cobb ended the Bears' 2013 season one win short of the playoffs.

Cutler might not be popular among Bears fans because he never lived up to their expectations and never cared about his public perception, but that doesn't make him a bad player. He's the best player to play the quarterback position in franchise history, but that doesn't make him a great player. In the end, Cutler was good, not great. But that still represents the best the Bears have ever had at quarterback. After watching Mitchell Trubisky the past few seasons, Bears fans should finally appreciate Cutler for what he was: the best they've seen under center.

Just missed: Sid Luckman

https://i.imgur.com/iOIPJJ5.png

RB Walter Payton

One of the best running backs in NFL history, Payton, who tragically passed away in 1999 at the age of 45, was the easiest selection on the player side. From 1975-87, Payton totaled 21,264 yards and 125 touchdowns from scrimmage. He's the franchise's all-time leader in rushing yards with 16,726. For the sake of comparison, consider that Matt Forte ranks second with 8,602 rushing yards. So, Payton has nearly double the amount of yards as the second-leading rusher in Bears history. Payton also leads the franchise in rushing touchdowns with 110 -- the next closest player, Neal Anderson, has 51. This time, Payton has properly doubled up (and then some) second place.

Payton meets all of the necessary requirements: He's the best running back in franchise history and it's not particularly close, won a Super Bowl, captured MVP in 1977, and is one of the best players at his position group in the history of football -- only Emmitt Smith has Payton beat in career rushing yards.

If we were ranking the top three players in Bears history, Payton would lead the list. Just take it from those who played with and coached him. Ditka once called Payton "the very best football player I've ever seen, period. At any position." Meanwhile, Dan Hampton once said Payton was "the best football player of our time. Bar none."

LB Dick Butkus

In more than half of his nine seasons, Butkus was named first team All-Pro, made eight Pro Bowls, racked up 22 interceptions, and generated the ninth-highest approximate value among all Bears players ever. But Butkus' importance to the Bears extends beyond the stats. He never won a Super Bowl, which would've enhanced his legacy, but he is regarded as one of the best and most feared linebackers in the history of the sport.

"Dick was an animal," said Hall of Famer Deacon Jones, per NBC Sports Chicago. "I called him a maniac. A stone maniac. He was a well-conditioned animal, and every time he hit you, he tried to put you in the cemetery, not the hospital."
Since the stats don't always do him justice, let's go to the anecdotes. This one, also via NBC Sports Chicago, might be my favorite:

Minnesota Vikings running back Dave Osborne had once been annihilated by Butkus on an ill-fated attempted sweep. Osborne was asked after the game what had happened to his blocker on the play. "I don't know," Osborne said. "Maybe Butkus ate him."

Butkus retired all the way back in 1973 and he's still considered one of the best linebackers in the history of the sport. It should remain that way. At the very least, it's difficult to imagine him ever getting replaced on a list of the best three Bears players ever.

LB Brian Urlacher

The Bears might not have ever had a truly great quarterback, but you can't deny just how many great linebackers they've produced. If Butkus is 1A, then Urlacher is 1B. The recent Hall-of-Fame inductee wrapped up his career in 2012, retiring with the most solo tackles in franchise history. The beginning of his career was marked by a Defensive Rookie of the Year award. Along the way, he won Defensive Player of the Year in 2005, garnered four first team All-Pro selections, and eight Pro Bowl nods.

Urlacher, of course, never won a Super Bowl, but he did play an integral part in getting the Bears to the Super Bowl in the 2006 season. He was capable of doing it all: rushing the passer as a blitzer (41.5 career sacks), covering downfield (22 career interceptions), and stuffing the run. It's difficult to think of a more complete linebacker to have played the game, and it's no coincidence that the Bears' defense immediately suffered once he retired -- though they've since returned to form. Urlacher is the best Bears player of the past two decades, and it's not particularly close.

Just missed: Mike Singletary, Dan Hampton, Richard Dent

RBP

DemonGeminiX
06-03-2020, 01:23 PM

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2020, 10:14 AM
By Daniel Canova | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/vRV2ymgl.jpg

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees continues to stand against players kneeling during the national anthem when the season starts, and on Wednesday he told Yahoo Finance that he would never agree with the gesture.

“I will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America or our country. Let me just tell you what I see or what I feel when the national anthem is played and when I look at the flag of the United States,” Brees said.

After receiving backlash about his comments, Brees reiterated his stance later to ESPN saying that he also respects his teammates and their fight for "racial equality and justice."

Brees’ teammate Michael Thomas was one of the many athletes who reacted to the future Hall of Fame quarterback’s comments.

“He don’t know no better,” Thomas wrote on his Twitter. “We don’t care if you don’t agree and whoever else how about that.”

Other athletes across the sports world shared their thoughts about Brees’ comments, including Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers, Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James, San Francisco 49ers cornerback Richard Sherman, and former Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Doug Baldwin, among others.

Former Saints teammates Kenny Vaccaro responded to Thomas on Twitter by saying, "That one hurt bro."

James said: "WOW MAN!! Is it still surprising at this point. Sure isn’t! You literally still don’t understand why Kap was kneeling on one knee?? Has absolute nothing to do with the disrespect of and our soldiers(men and women) who keep our land free. My father-in-law was one of those."

Rodgers reacted on Instagram by saying, "It has NEVER been about an anthem. Not then. Not now. Listen with an open heart, let’s educate ourselves, and then turn word and thought into action.”

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2020, 09:39 PM
Brees had to apologize today because he was getting destroyed by every black athlete in the world. Ed Reed said "it's good to see that Drew wants to keep the black man down" and that was just the one I remember hearing from the radio on the way home from work :roll:

RBP
06-04-2020, 10:19 PM
Please cancel the season if we have to watch this all again.

DemonGeminiX
06-04-2020, 10:30 PM
Please cancel the season if we have to watch this all again.

I don't plan on watching it at all, regardless. I'm waiting for baseball.

RBP
06-04-2020, 10:38 PM
I don't plan on watching it at all, regardless. I'm waiting for baseball.

That whole thing is pissing me off.

https://i.imgur.com/xW48mun.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2020, 10:41 PM
One athlete said that if you agree with Brees, then you're a POS just like he is.

RBP
06-04-2020, 10:52 PM
Person Of Substance?

DemonGeminiX
06-05-2020, 01:19 AM
Peer of Scruples?

Teh One Who Knocks
06-05-2020, 10:55 AM
CBA1P3gHpT_

CBCIljGngKI

RBP
06-05-2020, 12:01 PM
Next up, Jake Fromm. Line em up boys, but after they pick their switch.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-05-2020, 12:06 PM
The only opinion a white person is allowed to have is "yes sir" while blindly agreeing with the riots and protests by black people :nono:

RBP
06-06-2020, 07:58 PM
by Sean Wagner-McGough - CBS Sports

https://i.imgur.com/R3Ow8k0.jpg

With a birth year of 1920, back when they were known as the Decatur Staleys two years before they officially became the team we recognize today, the Chicago Bears have a rich and storied history full of all-time great linebackers, one of the best running backs ever, one of the greatest coaches in NFL history, and so on, which makes selecting their Franchise Five nearly impossible. Unfortunately, that difficult task was handed to me as we continue our offseason series here at CBS Sports, so with the help of CBS Sports' Tom Fornelli, who also happens to be a Bears fan in Chicago, I did my best to sort through the jumbled list of Hall of Famers that have donned the blue of the Bears to come up with a Franchise Five.

CBSSports.com's Franchise Five dives into five most impactful people in each NFL's team history. Our rules here bind us to pick just one quarterback, three non-quarterback players and one head coach.

For the Bears, picking a coach and quarterback was rather easy for differing reasons, but picking only three non-quarterback players was rather difficult. An NFL-high twenty-seven Chicago Bears have been inducted into the Hall of Fame. So, hard decisions and controversial snubs had to be made. That couldn't be avoided.

But with the help of Fornelli, I came up with a Franchise Five that I think appropriately reflects the rich and storied history of the Bears. We begin with the founder of the franchise in what was the easiest selection of the five.

Coach George Halas

There's a reason the winner of the NFC gets awarded the George Halas Trophy, a tradition that began back during the 1984-85 season. Halas isn't just the Bears' best-ever coach, he's also one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport. In his 40-year coaching career that began in 1920 with the Decatur Staleys -- who would become known as the Chicago Bears in 1922 -- and ended in 1967, Halas went a remarkable 318-148-31 with the franchise, leading them to six championships along the way.

Halas, who also owned the team, is the only acceptable answer here. His initials are still stitched on the Bears' uniforms, after all. It's difficult to imagine them ever getting removed.

This isn't really up for debate, but shoutout to both Mike Ditka and Lovie Smith, who deserve recognition as great Bears coaches, both of whom took the team to the Super Bowl -- with Ditka winning his appearance with that historically great 1985 defense, and Smith perhaps not getting the recognition he deserved until the Bears tried to replace him with Marc Trestman and then John Fox. Perhaps firing Smith after a 10-win season wasn't a smart move, after all. In the seven seasons since Smith last walked the Bears' sidelines, the Bears have made the playoffs only once (in 2018 under current coach Matt Nagy)

Just missed: Mike Ditka

QB Jay Cutler

Perhaps the most underappreciated and misunderstood player in Bears history, Jay Cutler never developed into the superstar the Bears thought they were acquiring when they traded a fortune for him in 2009, but by the time his career with the team ended after the 2016 season, he'd established himself as the best quarterback in the franchise's history.

Obviously, the Bears' history of quarterback play is dreadful -- so dreadful that Sid Luckman, who last played for the Bears in 1950, held most of the Bears' passing records until Cutler came along -- but Cutler departed Chicago as the team's all-time leader in passing yards (topping Luckman by 8,757 yards) and touchdown passes (17 more than Luckman). Keep in mind that for most of Cutler's prime, he was playing behind a terrible offensive line and throwing to receivers like Devin Hester, Johnny Knox, and Earl Bennett. He didn't have much help. Matt Forte, a running back, was probably his most consistent weapon over the years.

With a little more luck, Cutler could've brought a championship to Chicago, but luck was never on his side -- a torn MCL in the NFC Championship Game ruined his best chance, a broken thumb the following season wrecked a 7-3 start to the year, a 10-win season in 2012 wasn't enough to qualify for the postseason, and an Aaron Rodgers' fourth-down touchdown bomb to Randall Cobb ended the Bears' 2013 season one win short of the playoffs.

Cutler might not be popular among Bears fans because he never lived up to their expectations and never cared about his public perception, but that doesn't make him a bad player. He's the best player to play the quarterback position in franchise history, but that doesn't make him a great player. In the end, Cutler was good, not great. But that still represents the best the Bears have ever had at quarterback. After watching Mitchell Trubisky the past few seasons, Bears fans should finally appreciate Cutler for what he was: the best they've seen under center.

Just missed: Sid Luckman

https://i.imgur.com/iOIPJJ5.png

RB Walter Payton

One of the best running backs in NFL history, Payton, who tragically passed away in 1999 at the age of 45, was the easiest selection on the player side. From 1975-87, Payton totaled 21,264 yards and 125 touchdowns from scrimmage. He's the franchise's all-time leader in rushing yards with 16,726. For the sake of comparison, consider that Matt Forte ranks second with 8,602 rushing yards. So, Payton has nearly double the amount of yards as the second-leading rusher in Bears history. Payton also leads the franchise in rushing touchdowns with 110 -- the next closest player, Neal Anderson, has 51. This time, Payton has properly doubled up (and then some) second place.

Payton meets all of the necessary requirements: He's the best running back in franchise history and it's not particularly close, won a Super Bowl, captured MVP in 1977, and is one of the best players at his position group in the history of football -- only Emmitt Smith has Payton beat in career rushing yards.

If we were ranking the top three players in Bears history, Payton would lead the list. Just take it from those who played with and coached him. Ditka once called Payton "the very best football player I've ever seen, period. At any position." Meanwhile, Dan Hampton once said Payton was "the best football player of our time. Bar none."

LB Dick Butkus

In more than half of his nine seasons, Butkus was named first team All-Pro, made eight Pro Bowls, racked up 22 interceptions, and generated the ninth-highest approximate value among all Bears players ever. But Butkus' importance to the Bears extends beyond the stats. He never won a Super Bowl, which would've enhanced his legacy, but he is regarded as one of the best and most feared linebackers in the history of the sport.

"Dick was an animal," said Hall of Famer Deacon Jones, per NBC Sports Chicago. "I called him a maniac. A stone maniac. He was a well-conditioned animal, and every time he hit you, he tried to put you in the cemetery, not the hospital."
Since the stats don't always do him justice, let's go to the anecdotes. This one, also via NBC Sports Chicago, might be my favorite:

Minnesota Vikings running back Dave Osborne had once been annihilated by Butkus on an ill-fated attempted sweep. Osborne was asked after the game what had happened to his blocker on the play. "I don't know," Osborne said. "Maybe Butkus ate him."

Butkus retired all the way back in 1973 and he's still considered one of the best linebackers in the history of the sport. It should remain that way. At the very least, it's difficult to imagine him ever getting replaced on a list of the best three Bears players ever.

LB Brian Urlacher

The Bears might not have ever had a truly great quarterback, but you can't deny just how many great linebackers they've produced. If Butkus is 1A, then Urlacher is 1B. The recent Hall-of-Fame inductee wrapped up his career in 2012, retiring with the most solo tackles in franchise history. The beginning of his career was marked by a Defensive Rookie of the Year award. Along the way, he won Defensive Player of the Year in 2005, garnered four first team All-Pro selections, and eight Pro Bowl nods.

Urlacher, of course, never won a Super Bowl, but he did play an integral part in getting the Bears to the Super Bowl in the 2006 season. He was capable of doing it all: rushing the passer as a blitzer (41.5 career sacks), covering downfield (22 career interceptions), and stuffing the run. It's difficult to think of a more complete linebacker to have played the game, and it's no coincidence that the Bears' defense immediately suffered once he retired -- though they've since returned to form. Urlacher is the best Bears player of the past two decades, and it's not particularly close.

Just missed: Mike Singletary, Dan Hampton, Richard Dent

RBP

:puke:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-17-2020, 11:26 AM
The Daily Wire Staff

https://i.imgur.com/dmfGZ19l.jpg

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said during an interview on Tuesday that he wants a team to sign former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick and that if Kaepernick does not make it back on the field then he is invited to the “table” to “help” and “guide” the NFL on social issues.

“Well, listen, if he wants to resume his career in the NFL, then obviously it’s going to take a team to make that decision,” Goodell said during an interview with ESPN. “But I welcome that, support a club making that decision and encourage them to do that.

“If his efforts are not on the field but continuing to work in this space, we welcome him to that table and to help us, guide us, help us make better decisions about the kinds of things that need to be done in the communities,” Goodell continued. “We have invited him in before, and we want to make sure that everybody’s welcome at that table and trying to help us deal with some very complex, difficult issues that have been around for a long time.”

Goodell added, “But I hope we’re at a point now where everybody’s committed to making long-term, sustainable change.”

Kaepernick has been widely criticized for some of his actions, including kneeling during the national anthem, donating money to a group honoring convicted cop killer and wanted terrorist Assata Shakur, wearing socks portraying police officers as pigs, and wearing shirts of brutal Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.

Kaepernick has also claimed that the United States has conducted “American terrorist attacks against Black and Brown people for the expansion of American imperialism.” That remark was featured in a tweet from Kaepernick and came after U.S. forces killed Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Quds Force, which is a designated terrorist organization.

In November, the NFL organized a private workout for Kaepernick in Atlanta in an apparent attempt to help him secure a spot in the league.

“The NFL arranged this workout opportunity for Colin Kaepernick, and teams will have the opportunity to evaluate his readiness and level of interest in resuming his NFL career,” ESPN’s Adam Schefter tweeted at the time. “His agents have said he wants to return to the NFL, and the league hopes this provides that chance.”

Kaepernick, who has been criticized for kneeling during the national anthem, abruptly cancelled the workout right before it was scheduled to take place because he said that he wanted to have his own camera crew there to film it and wanted to open the workout session to the media.

“The workout was originally set for 3 p.m. and was to be held at the Atlanta Falcons’ practice facility in Flowery Branch,” CBS News reported. “At 2:30, representatives for the free agent quarterback informed the league that Kaepernick would instead be conducting the workout at 4 p.m. at Drew High School in Riverdale, Georgia.”

The new location for the workout that Kaepernick gave was 60 miles away.

The Daily Wire reported:

After dissing the NFL, Kaepernick, a multimillionaire endorsed by Nike, attended his own workout in a “Kunta Kinte” t-shirt, comparing himself to a defiant slave from the movie “Roots.” The film showcases an iconic scene wherein Kunta Kinte is whipped by his master for refusing to acknowledge his slave name, Toby.

Kaepernick reportedly did not receive any offers or interest after his workout, but a wide receiver who participated in the workout was later signed to an NFL team’s practice squad.

DemonGeminiX
06-17-2020, 10:03 PM
:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-19-2020, 11:40 AM
Please lead us racist colonizers Saint Kap :bow:

DemonGeminiX
06-20-2020, 09:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLo665VW6GY

Teh One Who Knocks
06-22-2020, 10:25 AM
By Amanda Prestigiacomo - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/3CZR091l.jpg

NFL legend Brett Favre recently talked about the “hero status” of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, comparing the famed national anthem kneeler to Pat Tillman, a former Arizona Cardinal player who died while serving in the U.S. Army following the September 11 terror attacks.

TMZ Sports asked Favre during an interview posted Sunday about his thoughts on Kaepernick reaching the Hall of Fame and the status of a Jackie Robinson or Muhammad Ali for his activism and football talent.

“Boy, I suppose that he’s helped his cause tremendously and is deserving of much praise and respect,” said Favre, “because it’s not easy for a guy his age, black or white, Hispanic, whatever, to stop something that you’ve always dreamed of doing and put it on hold, maybe forever, for something that you believe in.”

“You know, I can only think of, right off the top of my head, Pat Tillman, as another guy who did something, you know, similar, and we regard him as a hero,” the former Green Bay QB said. “So, I assume that hero status will be stamped with Kaepernick as well.”

Tillman, then a professional football player, signed up for the U.S. Army following the 9/11 terror attacks. While serving as an Army Ranger in Afghanistan on April 22, 2004, Tillmans was tragically killed by friendly fire.

Kaepernick’s high-profile social justice activism has included repeated criticism of the United States, “including at one point favorably comparing the oppressive communist regime of Fidel Castro to the U.S.,” The Daily Wire previously noted. The Nike-sponsored multi-millionaire has also donned socks with pigs wearing cop hats and “retweeted a quote from revolutionary socialist and chairman of the violence-embracing Black Panther Party Fred Hampton warning against the evils of capitalism.”

The transformation from athlete to racial activist was sparked in 2016 when Kaepernick, who was starting to see little field time, announced his infamous anthem protest over America allegedly “oppressing” minorities and allowing cops to “murder” innocent people of color.

“People of color have been targeted by police,” Kaepernick said at the start of his protest. “So that’s a large part of it, and they’re government officials. They are put in place by the government. So that’s something that this country has to change. There’s things we can do to hold them more accountable. Make those standards higher. You have people that practice law and are lawyers and go to school for eight years, but you can become a cop in six months and don’t have to have the same amount of training as a cosmetologist.”

Earlier in the TMZ interview, Favre said Kaepernick could still play in the NFL, depending on where his “head” is at.

“I think from a football sense, I can’t imagine him being that far out of shape or that far out of touch with football that he doesn’t deserve a shot,” the 50-year-old said. “And he’s still young and hasn’t been hit in several years, so there’s no reason to think that he’s lost that much of a step.”

“When he was in his prime … I was much as much afraid of his feet than anything, and he could throw well enough that he could beat you in that regard, too,” added Favre. “I think he’s still a very dangerous player, just a matter of where his head is.”

In November, Kaepernick skipped out on an organized tryout by the NFL.

WATCH:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRXZ0rihLV4

Teh One Who Knocks
06-22-2020, 11:54 AM
https://i.imgur.com/RW41Q8V.png
https://i.imgur.com/5anAT7a.png

Teh One Who Knocks
06-29-2020, 10:24 AM
Patriots sign Cam Newton. :-k

DemonGeminiX
06-29-2020, 12:37 PM
Patriots sign Cam Newton. :-k

They really do go all in on cry-babies, don't they?

Teh One Who Knocks
06-29-2020, 12:42 PM
They really do go all in on cry-babies, don't they?

We'll have to see if he can be as big of a whiner as Brady was :lol:

But I love how earlier they said there was NO WAY they were entertaining the thought of signing Newton, that they were fine going forward with their QB's on their roster. And of course then they go out and sign him. :rolleyes:

I mean who knows, a change of scenery sometimes helps players, so he could end up having an amazing year statistically. But he could also end up falling on his face. I guess for a $7.5 million flyer, there were worse options they could have gone with.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-29-2020, 07:22 PM

Cam Newton’s reported signing with the New England Patriots on Sunday drew reactions from across the NFL, including San Francisco 49ers star Richard Sherman, who appeared perturbed that the former MVP had to sign for the league minimum.

Newton and the Patriots agreed to a one-year deal which will pay the veteran quarterback more than $1 million, according to multiple reports. He reportedly could earn up to $7.5 million in incentives, according to the NFL Network.

Sherman tweeted that it was “disgusting” for someone like Newton to get paid that kind of money while some backups are making $3-5 million this season.

“How many former League MVPs have had to sign for the min? (Asking for a friend.) just ridiculous. A transcendent talent and less talented QBs are getting 15/16m a year. Disgusting,” he wrote.

Pro Football Focus pointed out that they ranked Newton between No. 23 and No. 27 among quarterbacks over the last four years, not including his injury-riddled 2019.

Other players reacted to Newton signing to the Patriots as well.

Newton, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, led the Carolina Panthers to three straight NFC South titles from 2013-15, and a Super Bowl appearance during the 2015 season when he was awarded the league MVP. He also earned three Pro Bowls in nine seasons.

Newton missed 16 regular-season games over the last two years due to a foot injury that required a procedure. He also had multiple shoulder surgeries in his career.

Newton should step into a starting role in New England as the successor to future Hall of Fame quarterback Tom Brady, who left for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers earlier in the offseason.

Newton, Brian Hoyer and Jarrett Stidham are expected to be the quarterbacks on the roster when training camp begins.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-03-2020, 04:30 PM
The Redskins are in talks to change their name :|

DemonGeminiX
07-03-2020, 05:24 PM
Newton can always earn a higher paycheck with awesome performance, and everybody's just kowtowing to the idiots. Maybe it's beyond time the silent majority became the not-so-silent majority?

Who am I kidding? I don't really care. I'm not gonna watch these asshats anyway. Let the NFL burn.

RBP
07-03-2020, 06:15 PM
Arte they bitching about Newton because he's black? It's racist to negotiate well?

DemonGeminiX
07-04-2020, 06:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8JGNChUVzk

RBP
07-04-2020, 11:57 AM

Teh One Who Knocks
07-13-2020, 09:47 AM
The Washington Redskins are supposed to have a press conference today to announce they are changing their name. :|

Teh One Who Knocks
07-13-2020, 09:54 AM
And what about that Mahomes signing of 10 years and $503 million. It will put his average annual salary over the course of his contract at around $45 million/year. :shock:

DemonGeminiX
07-13-2020, 02:53 PM
That contract's ridiculous. No one's worth that much.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-14-2020, 10:52 AM
The Babylon Bee

https://i.imgur.com/3PblWNOl.jpg

Amid calls for justice, NFL teams are taking bold steps to change their team names and end racism. This has caused controversy since everyone is racist. Are you confused? Never fear! We at The Babylon Bee are here to educate you. We believe that all 32 teams were built by a system of whiteness that must be dismantled, one team name at a time.

We MUST do better. Here is why every NFL team name is very problematic:

Arizona Cardinals - Too religious.

Atlanta Falcons - Celebrates one of the cheapest Smash Bros. characters, who is a smug little punk only jerks choose.

Baltimore Ravens - Named after the Disney Channel show That's So Raven without the POC protagonist's permission.

Buffalo Bills - Bills are an evil byproduct of capitalism.

Carolina Panthers - The panther was appropriated wholesale from Wakandan culture.

Chicago Bears - Murderous bears should never be celebrated.

Cincinnati Bengals - It just sounds racist. We're looking into it.

Cleveland Browns - Brown what? Are you talking about skin color again? Sounds like white fragility.

Dallas Cowboys - A mutant half boy, half cow is tragic and shouldn’t be used as a mascot.

Denver Broncos - Horses have been subjugated and enslaved for millennia.

Detroit Lions - Lions are not vegans.

Green Bay Packers - Glorifies butcherous meat packers. Meat causes global warming. Gross.

Houston Texans - Celebrates the most racist state in the Union.

Indianapolis Colts - This name glorifies guns.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Jaguars are driven by evil rich billionaires as they run over poor people.

Kansas City Chiefs - We suggest switching to Kansas City Wise Indigenous Tribal Elders.

Las Vegas Raiders - Celebrates The Raiders of the Lost Ark, which featured prominent Nazi imagery.

Los Angeles Chargers - We don't think anyone who has faced down a line of charging riot police would find this name the least bit funny.

Los Angeles Rams - Dodge Rams contribute heavily to the climate crisis.

Miami Dolphins - Painful reminder that Sea World still exists.

Minnesota Vikings - Associated with patriarchy-dominated Norse mythology.

New England Patriots - REEEEEEEEEEEE

New Orleans Saints - Goes against the constitutional principle of separation of church and sports.

New York Giants - They prefer the term "persons of height."

New York Jets - The burning of jet fuel contributes to global warming.

Philadelphia Eagles - Eagles are a well-known Nazi symbol.

Pittsburgh Steelers - Steel contributes to global warming.

San Francisco 49ers- The gold miner mascot hearkens back to manifest destiny and the destruction of Mother Earth

Seattle Seahawks - Birds are unable to give consent to have their name used as mascots.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - This one's actually OK because they were probably just stealing bread to feed their families.

Tennessee Titans - Reinforces the harmful idea of power structures and male-dominated hierarchies.

Washington Redskins - Nothing wrong with this one as far as we can tell.

We hope this informative list is a wake-up call to the NFL. If we continue to work on ourselves, we can help the NFL become more inclusive! Within 20 years, we may get them to put down the ball and kick it around as the ancient Aztecs intended us to.

DemonGeminiX
07-14-2020, 11:13 AM
"REEEEEEEEE"

Teh One Who Knocks
09-09-2020, 12:31 PM
Well, Von Miller is out for the season. There goes the Broncos defense this season.

FBD
09-10-2020, 03:10 PM
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/betting/fewer-americans-expected-to-bet-on-nfl-this-season-2114586/

40 percent drop in interest; 30 percent drop in betting

get woke go broke, bitches

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2020, 02:23 AM
Fuck the NFL

Teh One Who Knocks
09-11-2020, 10:10 AM

NFL fans who were able to attend the opening game between the Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Texans to start the 2020 season on Thursday appeared to boo the teams’ moment of unity at midfield prior to the coin toss.

Both teams lined up in the middle of the field after the national anthem and locked arms briefly before shaking hands to get ready for the coin toss. Fans on social media noticed that the limited number of fans who were in attendance appeared to let their own voices be heard during the moment.
Those watching through the prism of social media were apparently bewildered by the reaction.
Chiefs players were on the field for the playing of the national anthem and the rendition of “Lift Every Voice and Sing.” Texans players were not on the field for either song.

Most Chiefs players stood, locking arms on the sideline for the national anthem. At least one Chiefs player knelt and raised a fist. Players locked arm-and-arm across the goal line for the Black national anthem.

Texans players were not on the field for either “The Star-Spangled Banner” or the Black national anthem.

"Lift Every Voice and Sing" will be played before each game during the first week of the season as part of the NFL's efforts on social justice issues Chiefs players locked arm-in-arm in the end zone as the song played. The team went into the locker room after the rendition was over.

FBD
09-11-2020, 12:21 PM
"Lift Every Voice and Sing" will be played before each game during the first week of the season as part of the NFL's efforts on social justice issues Chiefs players locked arm-in-arm in the end zone as the song played. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Teh One Who Knocks
09-17-2020, 12:42 PM
By Paul Bois - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/xCrFiE6l.jpg

Hall of Fame NFL coach Mike Ditka tripled down on his stance against protests during the National Anthem, once again telling players to “go to another country” if don’t like the United States.

Speaking with Newsmax TV on Monday, the former Chicago Bears coach said that playing professional football is an incredible “privilege” that few enjoy.

“Football’s football. It’s not a complicated thing. You’re playing the game, you’re enjoying the game. You don’t like the game, get out of it,” Ditka said. “It’s not for protesting one way or the other. What color you are, what you think, this or that. You play football. That’s it. You’re privileged. You got a gift from God that you can play the game because you got a body you can do it with. I don’t really understand what you’re protesting. I played the game. I coached the game for a long time. It makes no sense to me.”

Ditka then advised those players protesting to leave the country if they do not like it here.

“I would tell those players go to another country and play football there,” he said. “You don’t have to come out. You don’t have to come out if you go to another country. You can’t! Because the game’s only played in this country. And if you can’t respect this country, get the hell out of it.”
Mike Ditka has been an outspoken opponent of the National Anthem protests going all the way back to 2016 when he said that former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick should “get the hell out” of the United States if he wants to disrespect the country. Over the summer, at the height of the Black Lives Matter protests, Ditka repeated this sentiment.

“If you can’t respect our national anthem, get the hell out of the country. That’s the way I feel. Of course, I’m old fashioned, so I’m only going to say what I feel,” said Ditka. “I think there’s a way you protest and a way you don’t protest. You don’t protest against the flag and you don’t protest against this country who’s given you the opportunity to make a living playing a sport that you never thought would happen. So, I don’t want to hear all the crap. You wanna try it, try it. You don’t, it’s okay.”

As The Daily Wire reported last week, ratings for the NFL season opener for Thursday Night Football were markedly lower than those of the previous year, though it’s not clear if anti-racism and anti-police brutality protests played into the decline in viewership.

“The Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs’ 34-20 victory over the Houston Texans averaged about 19.3 million viewers on NBC, according to preliminary ratings,” reported The Hollywood Reporter. “That’s down about 13 percent from the 22.12 million who watched last year’s kickoff, but ahead of the 19 million who tuned in for the 2018 kickoff.”

Oofty Goofty
09-21-2020, 10:46 PM
Well, the season is only in its second week, but I think we've already seen the dumb-ass play of the year, with the entire Falcons team standing around watching the ball spin for 10 yards so the Cowboys could recover it.

DemonGeminiX
10-01-2020, 03:56 PM
The Titans have a Covid problem. The Tennessee Pittsburgh game is now postponed.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-01-2020, 04:45 PM
This website has been pretty solid for sports if anyone is interested, the streams are quality. Been watching Baseball and Football on it, going to try UFC this weekend

http://www.volokit.com/schedule/

DemonGeminiX
10-02-2020, 09:26 AM
I'm so over American sports right now. Too much virtue-signaling. I just don't want to be bothered. Maybe I'll start watching more European type stuff.

FBD
10-13-2020, 04:13 PM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8835267/NFL-legend-Herschel-Walker-blasts-celebrities-claim-African-Americans-oppressed.html

Former NFL star Herschel Walker has blasted celebrities who claim black people are oppressed in the US.

The athlete, 58, shared a video on Twitter in support of President Trump in which he pointed to his own story after growing up as a 'poor black kid from South Georgia' who went on to represent his country in the Olympics.

Walker, who competed in the 1992 Winter Olympics as part of the US bobsleigh team, finishing seventh, said it was one of his greatest honors.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-13-2020, 04:25 PM
I'm so over American sports right now. Too much virtue-signaling. I just don't want to be bothered. Maybe I'll start watching more European type stuff.

UFc dont play that shit

deebakes
10-14-2020, 02:03 AM
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8835267/NFL-legend-Herschel-Walker-blasts-celebrities-claim-African-Americans-oppressed.html

Former NFL star Herschel Walker has blasted celebrities who claim black people are oppressed in the US.

The athlete, 58, shared a video on Twitter in support of President Trump in which he pointed to his own story after growing up as a 'poor black kid from South Georgia' who went on to represent his country in the Olympics.

Walker, who competed in the 1992 Winter Olympics as part of the US bobsleigh team, finishing seventh, said it was one of his greatest honors.

walker, who single handedly destroyed the minnesota vikings for 25 years seems, to often be not expressly stated and over looked :sad2:

FBD
10-21-2020, 12:05 PM
https://youtu.be/y586DYivfHc

Teh One Who Knocks
10-27-2020, 10:32 AM
https://i.imgur.com/neeQdOE.png

Remember when this used to be the best division in all of football year after year after year?

DemonGeminiX
10-27-2020, 11:12 AM
Yep.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-17-2020, 12:31 PM
https://i.imgur.com/neeQdOE.png

Remember when this used to be the best division in all of football year after year after year?

https://i.imgur.com/l2N8rK6.png

FBD
11-17-2020, 01:16 PM
If you havent read this book, I would highly recommend, its absolutely hilarious

https://www.harpercollins.com/products/boys-will-be-boys-jeff-pearlman?variant=32154066288674
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0285/2821/4050/products/9780061256813.jpg

DemonGeminiX
11-17-2020, 03:35 PM
https://i.imgur.com/l2N8rK6.png

I haven't watched a single game this season.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-17-2020, 03:46 PM
I haven't watched a single game this season.

Me either :agreed:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-23-2020, 11:22 AM
Bryan Fonseca - Deadspin

https://i.imgur.com/zjRofAEl.jpg

If we’re being honest, this is some bullshit.

And not only is Taysom Hill starting over Jameis Winston, but the Adam Schefter report is that Winston won’t be in any offensive packages for the New Orleans Saints this Sunday.
This honestly isn’t to knock Hill, but let’s call it what it is. We’re already doing the thing trying to explain ‘glimpses’ and why he’s shown ‘progress’ as a thrower, as if Winston hadn’t been an NFL starting QB for half-a-decade until now. As if Winston’s numbers didn’t kinda look just like Peyton Manning’s in those first five years.

If Hill were better, he wouldn’t be used on special teams or as a decoy on some plays.

Winston threw for more passing yards in two seasons of college football than Hill did in all five.

Winston even led the league in passing yards last season, and is probably the best back-up in the NFL right now. Never mind that Hill is starting because head coach Sean Payton is probably worried about Winston’s turnovers — he led the league in interceptions last season with 30 — but he’s at least an actual quarterback, who went 6-10 for 63 yards last week.

Hill hasn’t thrown 10 passes in any NFL season.

All we’ve been hearing regarding the analysis of Hill is that he needs to be given an opportunity. That at the age 30, he still might develop into something resembling an elite NFL player. That if given a chance, he could prove why the Saints guaranteed him $16 million through 2021. That he’s Payton’s man-crush because he’s … a better tight end than a quarterback???

Updated: 3 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 20, 2020: To add to the mess, later on Payton wouldn’t even commit to the decision:
All this says is to expect a very low volume of passing from the Saints this weekend. If they actually trusted him, why did Winston throw 10 passes in relief last week?

So while people make every excuse possible to justify Hill playing quarterback over Winston, because that’s all this is about, let’s just remember that this is the NFL after all. And if you know that there’s nothing else needed to be said, there’s nothing else needed to be said.

Then again, the Atlanta Falcons are exactly the franchise who’d historically make this nonsense work against them, so who knows.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2020, 11:45 AM
https://i.imgur.com/klDYnH9.png

Teh One Who Knocks
12-29-2020, 01:34 PM
https://i.imgur.com/geBRbqv.png

The "winner" of the NFC East this year will have a losing record and could have as many as 10 losses...and STILL make the playoffs.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-09-2021, 02:56 PM
Former NFL head coach Marty Schottenheimer has passed away at 77 years of age.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-18-2021, 05:14 PM
Philadelphia traded Carson Wentz to Indianapolis for a 3rd round 2021 draft pick plus future draft considerations.

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2021, 03:28 AM
Philadelphia traded Carson Wentz to Indianapolis for a 3rd round 2021 draft pick plus future draft considerations.

So much for him being the QB of the future.

deebakes
02-19-2021, 08:39 PM
he is, just not yours :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
02-19-2021, 11:08 PM
DeSean Jackson's been released.... again.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-14-2021, 09:41 PM
Drew Brees has announced his retirement from the NFL after 20 years.

Teh One Who Knocks
06-29-2021, 01:21 PM

Teh One Who Knocks
09-01-2021, 11:56 AM
The New England Patriots have released Cam Newton.

deebakes
09-02-2021, 01:18 AM
there's still football?

DemonGeminiX
09-13-2021, 03:37 AM
Are the Eagles that good or are the Falcons that bad?