PDA

View Full Version : The NFL thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RBP
09-25-2012, 04:16 AM
I feel sorry for New Orleans in week 4. They're facing Green Bay, and Rodgers and company has gotta be pissed.

That'll be a good game!

deebakes
09-25-2012, 04:28 AM
I feel sorry for New Orleans in week 4. They're facing Green Bay, and Rodgers and company has gotta be pissed.

mark it down now, new orleans wins :hand:

RBP
09-25-2012, 04:42 AM
depressed cheeseheads everywhere

DemonGeminiX
09-25-2012, 04:59 AM
It's a legitimate complaint. When you've got analysts that are former players talking about how it effects the brand, painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa and what not...

Granted, the Seahawks D did a fantastic job terrorizing Rodgers, but when it comes down to the wire, Green Bay won that game.

samarchepas
09-25-2012, 05:19 AM
Yesterday The Pats and now the Packers...Goodell will certainly get a call from 2 owners :lol: (All those bad calls since the season started made me wonder....did the NFL hire Chris Lee to train the replacement refs? :-k )

RBP
09-25-2012, 05:22 AM
:gtfo:

Godfather
09-25-2012, 05:23 AM
@TJLang70 Fuck it NFL.. Fine me and use the money to pay the regular refs.

:lol: God damn...

samarchepas
09-25-2012, 05:27 AM
@TJLang70 Fuck it NFL.. Fine me and use the money to pay the regular refs.

:lol: God damn...

Oh he will be fined that's for sure :lol: (won't be enough to pay them though! :lol: )
One thing I don't get here...How the HELL can it be so hard to sign a few Refs for a Multi-BILLIONS organisation? :-k

FBD
09-25-2012, 11:16 AM
I cant believe that guy slipping on the ref's fkn HAT in the end zone and missed catching a touchdown because of it :lol:

but that absolutely pales in comparison to calling an end zone interception a touchdown. there is no fkn way...just watched replays. wtf were those refs thinking??? that ball was so clearly intercepted you had to have been bought to say otherwise.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/dogref.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x-qiGyB6HzE

KevinD
09-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Unbelievable.

Acid Trip
09-25-2012, 01:44 PM
I cant believe that guy slipping on the ref's fkn HAT in the end zone and missed catching a touchdown because of it :lol:

but that absolutely pales in comparison to calling an end zone interception a touchdown. there is no fkn way...just watched replays. wtf were those refs thinking??? that ball was so clearly intercepted you had to have been bought to say otherwise.

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/dogref.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x-qiGyB6HzE

They ruled it a shared catch or some shit like that. Just like in baseball where the tie goes to the runner a shared catch goes to the offense. I don't like the call but that's the rule.

I think the referees should hold out for even more money at this point. Its clear they are the only professional level football referees in the world. The NFL treated them like shit so turnabout is fair play.

KevinD
09-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Simultaneous catch was the rule used.
My understanding may be flawed. but this was NOT a simultaneous catch by the rule.

Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

RBP
09-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Packers lose! :lmao:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Chris Burke - Sports Illustrated

Who knows what was going through Roger Goodell’s head on Monday night as he fiddled while the integrity of his league burned to the ground. There can be no more denying the undeniable: The presence of replacement officials has significantly impacted the NFL’s product on the field.

Until this debacle between the Packers and Seahawks, the replacement officials were a nuisance, a punch line. They had not, aside from some randomly incorrect calls here and there, directly impacted a game’s outcome.

And then Monday’s final play happened.

With the Seahawks down five and the clock ticking to zero, Russell Wilson scrambled around and heaved one to the end zone. Golden Tate, who earlier had two potential TD passes slip out of his hands, shoved a defender to the ground and then leaped into the air. Green Bay’s M.D. Jennings beat him to the punch, plucking Wilson’s pass from the pile and tumbling to the ground.

Tate, in an act of desperation, reached around Jennings to put his hands on the ball too.

To just about everyone watching, including one of the officials on the field, it was a clear interception. But the call? Touchdown. Seattle wins.

“I had a feeling it was going to be a touchdown,” Wilson told ESPN after the game ended. “We came too far for it not to be a touchdown.”

Destiny is one thing. This was highway robbery.

The play was reviewed, but as ex-NFL referee and current ESPN analyst Gerry Austin explained, the call that was made — apparently, that Tate and Jennings simultaneously possessed the football, resulting in a catch — is not reviewable. Other than checking to see if the ball had hit the turf or if someone was out of bounds, there was nothing for the replay to change.

“If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers,” the rule states. “It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.”

So, the Seahawks took the win. Only not before a hectic, unbelievable few moments in which the Packers left the field, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll started doing interviews, and the officials huddled to determine that the game could not end without Seattle attempting an extra point.

Eventually, the Seahawks did so, adding a meaningless point for a 14-12 victory.

But even if that’s how the game will look in the record books, there’s no way to sweep under the rug the complete sham that led us there.

“This is wrong,” a clearly agitated Jon Gruden said on ESPN’s broadcast as he, Mike Tirico and Austin railed against the late-game officiating. “I don’t feel good about this.”

Who does? Maybe the Seahawks, who moved to 2-1 — heck, I’m sure the 1972 Russian basketball team celebrated in style after its eternally controversial win over the United States.

Monday’s game was not rigged. The officials did not purposely make it so Seattle walked off with a victory in front of its raucous home crowd. They simply blew the biggest call of the NFL weekend, on a Monday night in front of a massive TV audience.

“I didn’t see it, just saw the reaction like most people, obviously the communication was that (the Packers) had the ball,” Green Bay head coach Mike McCarthy said. “I still haven’t seen the replay of the play. I was told MD Jennings intercepted the ball.

“I’ve never seen anything like that in all my years of football.”

“It seemed like at first, from my vantage point, the referee in the back, I saw him waving his arms over his head which means he was calling touchback,” Aaron Rodgers said. “No idea how the other guy said touchdown to Golden Tate on the replay. He obviously takes his arm off whatever part of the ball he may or may not have had.”

Rodgers wasn’t the only Packer player to comment.

“It’s the old cliche, when there’s smoke there’s fire,” B.J. Raji said “… Right now it’s a tough pill to swallow, but we’ll get over it.”

“I can’t get fined if I’m saying that the refs did a great job … so they did a great job,” Greg Jennings added, sarcastically. Other Packers players, most notably T.J. Yang, lashed out with expletive-filled rants on Twitter.

Seattle did nothing wrong here, mind you. In fact, the Seahawks turned in an inspired effort for much of the night, totally derailing Green Bay’s offense in the first half en route to a 7-0 halftime lead, then getting a clutch stop late to set up the Wilson-to-Tate dramatics.

Under normal circumstances, a Seahawks win on Monday night would have left us talking about their resurgent defense, Wilson rallying late after going nearly two quarters without a completion, or the amazing Seattle home crowd.

Unfortunately, the NFL’s standoff with its normal officials has made the preseason and the first three weeks of the season anything but normal.

Rodgers, too, could have walked out of Monday night’s game as a hero. His offense flipped the script in the third quarter, committing the run game after struggling through the air early. Using that approach, the Packers scored on three straight possessions and completely dominated from halftime until late in the fourth quarter — at one point, Green Bay had run 40 second-half plays to Seattle’s six, with the 40th being a TD run from Cedric Benson to put the Packers ahead, 12-7.

Seattle tried to respond, aided by a roughing-the-passer penalty and egregious pass interference call (one that came just moments after a similarly questionable call went against the Seahawks to keep Green Bay’s TD drive alive).

In the end, it looked like Seattle would come up just short. With time for just one last play and 24 yards shy of the end zone, the Seahawks needed a miracle.

They got it — thanks to a miraculously bad call.

And now, even though TV ratings continue to soar through the roof and fans keep packing NFL stadiums coast to coast, the league and commissioner Roger Goodell must answer for their mistakes.

The replacement officials are doing the best jobs they can, but they are in way, way over their heads. That much was apparent to most of us even before Monday’s catastrophe.

We can only hope that Goodell, stubborn as he is, finally has seen the light.

Acid Trip
09-25-2012, 03:07 PM
In the refs defense that shit is hard to see at game speed. Yeah, we get ultra slowmo at home but as the article states "Other than checking to see if the ball had hit the turf or if someone was out of bounds, there was nothing for the replay to change."

Tough call, couldn't be overturned no matter what the ref in the booth thinks, game over. They couldn't fix the non-call on the offensive pass interference either and that was much more blatant.

KevinD
09-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Hard to see at game speed? No doubt.
That's why all scoring plays are booth reviewed, no matter the call.
This was a bad call, and should have been overturned in the review. Not sure why a simultaneous catch is not reviewable.
I'm not a Packers fan at all (well, not since Favre left lol) and don't care much either way for the Hawks. Just hate to see this kind of stuff.
To be totally honest, if I was Carroll, I would have forfeited the game, no matter what anyone else said. I wouldn't want a win like that.

Acid Trip
09-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Hard to see at game speed? No doubt.
That's why all scoring plays are booth reviewed, no matter the call.
This was a bad call, and should have been overturned in the review. Not sure why a simultaneous catch is not reviewable.
I'm not a Packers fan at all (well, not since Favre left lol) and don't care much either way for the Hawks. Just hate to see this kind of stuff.
To be totally honest, if I was Carroll, I would have forfeited the game, no matter what anyone else said. I wouldn't want a win like that.

They should reconsider what can be reviewed and what can't. I'm hesitant to keep adding more things to reply review because I remember the old days when they could review every play. It really slowed the game down and wasn't fun to watch them take 5 min breaks every few plays.

KevinD
09-25-2012, 04:28 PM
True. Wouldn't want the game to be slowed down anymore, lol.

I had thought that all last second game winning scores/calls were reviewable. Guess this one isn't.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-25-2012, 05:21 PM
National Fail League

Teh One Who Knocks
09-25-2012, 06:03 PM
By RACHEL COHEN (AP Sports Writer) | The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL conceded Tuesday that a bad call cost the Green Bay Packers the game while upholding the Seattle Seahawks' victory.

As coaches, players and fans - and even athletes in other sports - ripped the use of replacement refs, the league met with its locked-out officials Tuesday in an attempt to resolve the impasse.

Two people with knowledge of the talks told The Associated Press that the sides were meeting Tuesday. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the discussions were not made public.

The NFL said Seattle's last-second touchdown pass Monday should not have been overturned - but acknowledged Seahawks receiver Golden Tate should have been called for offensive pass interference before the catch for a 14-12 victory.

The ire around football at the struggles of the replacements had been steadily building this season, and it reached an apex Monday with what everybody had feared would happen: a highly questionable call deciding a game.

On the final play of ''Monday Night Football,'' Russell Wilson heaved a 24-yard pass into a scrum in the end zone with Seattle trailing 12-7. Tate shoved away a defender with both hands, and the NFL acknowledged Tuesday he should have been penalized, which would have clinched a Packers victory. But that cannot be reviewed by instant replay.

Tate and Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings then both got their hands on the ball, though the Packers insisted Jennings had clear possession for a game-ending interception.

''It was pinned to my chest the whole time,'' Jennings said.

Instead, the officials ruled on the field that the two had simultaneous possession, which counts as a reception. Once that happened, the NFL said, the referee was correct that no indisputable visual evidence existed on review to overturn the touchdown call.

''The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review,'' the league said in a statement.

Saying there was no indisputable evidence, though, is not the same as confirming the initial call was correct. When the players came down with the ball, television showed one official standing over the pile ruling touchdown, while another next to him did not signal a score.

On his weekly appearance on Seattle radio station 710 KIRO-AM, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll made no apologies Tuesday, saying, ''The league backed it up and game over, we win.''

''Golden makes an extraordinary effort. It's a great protection; it's a great throw. It's a great attempt at the ball and he wins the battle,'' he said. ''They were right on the point looking right at it, standing right over the thing and they reviewed it. Whether they missed the push or not - obviously they missed the push in the battle for the ball - but that stuff goes on all the time.''

The NFL locked out the officials in June after their contract expired. Unable to reach a new collective bargaining agreement, the league opened the season with replacements, most with experience only in lower levels of college football.

FBD
09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Jennings had clear possession for a game-ending interception.

''It was pinned to my chest the whole time,'' Jennings said.
That's what I saw.

AT, that's exactly what's needed - especially in light of the sub par ref situation, and everyone knows it. Even if temporary they should make the call subject to review. It was utterly fkn stupid that two referees said opposite things but then the booth said "oh well, it was ruled a touchdown so we can only look at whether or not the ball was caught" - in which case - the goddam ball was not caught by an offensive player - ergo, it should have been ruled incomplete if they somehow could not rule that it was an interception. On the replay you see the ball go into Jennings' hands and chest, he locks it in and goes down and he at the very least had feet on the ground before a seahawks player got his hands on the ball.

The NFL is shooting themselves in the foot over this. Instead of fucking around with these refs who want too much money, they should strengthen and enhance the booth review to the point that it doesnt matter - put a friggin flag in one of those moveable cameras and give it the ability to shoot it on the field if they need to. There is no excuse not to have communication devices so that these things get taken care of, especially when they change the outcome of a game. That is just bullshit.

Acid Trip
09-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Has anyone see how much money is separating the two sides? I know the referee retirement plan is in the crosshairs but haven't heard much beyond that.

Acid Trip
09-25-2012, 06:54 PM
That's what I saw.

AT, that's exactly what's needed - especially in light of the sub par ref situation, and everyone knows it. Even if temporary they should make the call subject to review. It was utterly fkn stupid that two referees said opposite things but then the booth said "oh well, it was ruled a touchdown so we can only look at whether or not the ball was caught" - in which case - the goddam ball was not caught by an offensive player - ergo, it should have been ruled incomplete if they somehow could not rule that it was an interception. On the replay you see the ball go into Jennings' hands and chest, he locks it in and goes down and he at the very least had feet on the ground before a seahawks player got his hands on the ball.

The NFL is shooting themselves in the foot over this. Instead of fucking around with these refs who want too much money, they should strengthen and enhance the booth review to the point that it doesnt matter - put a friggin flag in one of those moveable cameras and give it the ability to shoot it on the field if they need to. There is no excuse not to have communication devices so that these things get taken care of, especially when they change the outcome of a game. That is just bullshit.

:lol: Wire controlled cameras, now with the ability to flag your cheating ass!

FBD
09-25-2012, 07:05 PM
I think I recalled hearing about the refs wanting free healthcare for life or something like what the players get, but I'm no authority on that one.

samarchepas
09-25-2012, 07:57 PM
I think I recalled hearing about the refs wanting free healthcare for life or something like what the players get, but I'm no authority on that one.
Just give it to them and move on! :lol: This is getting ridiculous! (It makes the league look like a joke, the biggest sport league in North America can't sign its refs but signed a new CBA for the players last year.) I would think getting the players to sign should be harder to do than a few refs :lol:

FBD
09-25-2012, 08:23 PM
yeahh...but ya gotta be careful about those open ended commitments...ya know, the whole "defined benefit" thing, which often flies in the face of reality.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2012, 04:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cHyQI.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2012, 05:25 PM
FOX Sports

The NFL's locked-out officials could return as early as this weekend after a marathon bargaining session lasted into the early hours of Wednesday morning, according to ESPN.

The network reported on its website quoting sources on both sides that "an agreement in principle is at hand."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told FOXsports.com that he would not confirm an agreement has been reached.

"We are not commenting on that story," Aiello said.

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay, meanwhile, posted a tweet on Wednesday that stated: "Your loud voices r heard about getting Refs back. We're desperately trying 2 get it done! We want a deal that improves officiating overall."

The NFL — which locked out the officials in June after the league and the NFL Referees Association failed to come to deal on a new contract — has said previously that the replacement officials would work through Week 5. The NFLRA claims, however, that its members have passed physicals, have been trained and are set to go.

Once an agreement is reached, NFLRA members must gather in person to approve the new contract, which requires 50 percent plus one vote for ratification. Officials met in Dallas in 2001 to formally approve their previous deal with the NFL.

According to FOX Sports officiating expert Mike Pereira, the returning NFL officials could theoretically return to work in as few as three days. NFLRA members have remained engaged in comprehensive training sessions before and during the lockout and have passed the conditioning tests required to take the field.

The Cleveland Browns will travel to the Baltimore Ravens on Thursday to kick off Week 4's action.

ESPN reported that both sides made concessions in order to get a deal struck. The agreement comes just days after Monday's debacle in Seattle where the replacement refs appeared to erroneously award the Seahawks a touchdown on a Hail Mary pass during the final play, which led to a 14-12 win over the Green Bay Packers.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-26-2012, 06:46 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/561051_4101777716220_1906308842_n.jpg

Acid Trip
09-26-2012, 07:25 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/561051_4101777716220_1906308842_n.jpg

:rofl:

DemonGeminiX
09-27-2012, 10:27 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/locked-out-officials-league-agree-to-deal-in-time-week-4-roger-goodell-nflra-replacement-officials-092612

The deal's been confirmed. They'll be officiating tonight's game.

I wonder if we can still get away with yelling at the tv and calling them blind now that we know what real blind refs are like?

:-k

samarchepas
09-27-2012, 04:05 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/locked-out-officials-league-agree-to-deal-in-time-week-4-roger-goodell-nflra-replacement-officials-092612

The deal's been confirmed. They'll be officiating tonight's game.

I wonder if we can still get away with yelling at the tv and calling them blind now that we know what real blind refs are like?

:-k I guess so, because most people won't see you yelling at the tv anyway :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2012, 07:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sLBFa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bomGC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nv7aD.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
09-27-2012, 07:22 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/228044_396043037135360_521088121_n.jpg

RBP
09-27-2012, 07:24 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/228044_396043037135360_521088121_n.jpg

You have an issue with drone strikes?

PorkChopSandwiches
09-27-2012, 07:26 PM
I have an issue with them being deployed over the US

RBP
09-27-2012, 07:29 PM
I have an issue with them being deployed over the US

Depends on by whom and for what.

I have an issue with what I see as hypocrisy with drone strikes. It's ok to kill them and everyone around them, but heaven forbid if we capture them or interrogate them. Give them a trial in new york? really?

PorkChopSandwiches
09-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Depends on by whom and for what.

I have an issue with what I see as hypocrisy with drone strikes. It's ok to kill them and everyone around them, but heaven forbid if we capture them or interrogate them. Give them a trial in new york? really?

Its more big brother monitoring, its bullshit all in the name of terrorism using fear tactics to make citizens think its for their safety :roll:

RBP
09-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Its more big brother monitoring, its bullshit all in the name of terrorism using fear tactics to make citizens think its for their safety :roll:

It's a fine line to me, but I don't disagree.

KevinD
09-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Get a better gun, shoot them out of the sky..lol

DemonGeminiX
09-30-2012, 06:14 PM
:huh:

This is the NFL thread? Right?

Hey Dee, what's the deal with the Vikings? Are they actually a good team this year? They're blowing me away, man.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-30-2012, 06:43 PM
What happened to the saints this year. If they lose me another bet this week I'm done ;)

DemonGeminiX
09-30-2012, 06:50 PM
What happened to the saints this year. If they lose me another bet this week I'm done ;)

What's with the wink smiley? Are you being facetious?

deebakes
09-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Hey Dee, what's the deal with the Vikings? Are they actually a good team this year? They're blowing me away, man.

i honestly don't understand them. at times, they look alright, but usually they look horrid :lol: how they are competitive is hard to fathom :idk:

DemonGeminiX
09-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Wow. Buffalo's beating the piss out of New England. And St. Louis is beating Seattle. I didn't see those coming.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-30-2012, 06:58 PM
What's with the wink smiley? Are you being facetious?

I won't really stop betting on them. Even though I should.

DemonGeminiX
09-30-2012, 07:00 PM
I won't really stop betting on them. Even though I should.

Yeah, you should. They suck. Wait until next year to bet on them (when they get their real coaching staff back).

PorkChopSandwiches
09-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Its hard to take the rams when they re playing the saints :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-30-2012, 08:11 PM
The Saints are playing the Packers today. That's not hard.

And OMG! The Panthers are NOT going to beat the Falcons. I just can't believe it.

DemonGeminiX
09-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Wow, that was insane. But the Falcons come away 4-0.

DemonGeminiX
09-30-2012, 09:19 PM
And now, Miami is beating Arizona! WTF!

:dunno:

DemonGeminiX
10-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Eagles win!

:cheers:

samarchepas
10-01-2012, 06:31 AM
How long till we see the "Teebow mania" again? :lol: (The Jets got their asses kicked 34-0 by the 49ers )

Teh One Who Knocks
10-01-2012, 10:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uK9vB.gif

FBD
10-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Wait a sec, we got real refs back, right???

How in the fk was Graham's catch with the tip of the ball hitting the ground ruled a reception??? (and astonishingly backed up by further review, are you idiots blind or just looking at one angle?) Totally and plainly not.

The rules of booth review need a review.

FBD
10-08-2012, 01:38 PM
some funny shit

http://www.rsvlts.com/2012/10/04/the-nfls-elite-qbs-throwdown-on-facebook/

samarchepas
10-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Last night was the 666th Monday Night Football

Mark Sanchez:
This season...
6 TDs, 6 INTs, QB rating of 66.6, average 6.6 yards per attempt, longest completion is 66 yards, and he wears #6. The Jets also lost by 6 last night...

Tim Tebow:
Playoff game last year...
316 passing yards, 31.6 per attempt, Ben threw a pick on 3rd and 16, and US TV ratings in the last 15 minutes were 31.6

BUT - Tebow has a cone drill time of 6.66 seconds....:hills:

Heisenberg
10-15-2012, 06:10 AM
Wait a sec, we got real refs back, right???

How in the fk was Graham's catch with the tip of the ball hitting the ground ruled a reception??? (and astonishingly backed up by further review, are you idiots blind or just looking at one angle?) Totally and plainly not.

The rules of booth review need a review.

Hey -
First off, to me it looked like he kept his hand under the ball preventing it from hitting the ground which allowed him the extra time to maintain possession. I know some of my friends disagreed with me but that's what I saw.
Second, the rule is that in order to overturn the ruling on the field through a booth review, there needs to be indisputable evidence against the ruling on the field. So even with the review I guess they weren't 100% certain that the ruling on the field was incorrect so they had no choice but to uphold it.

Heisenberg
10-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Also, anyone who wasn't impressed with the Giants' glorious victory earlier today is in denial

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2012, 06:44 AM
Also, anyone who wasn't impressed with the Giants' glorious victory earlier today is in denial

Glorious victory. :lol:

I take it you're a Giants fan? Fair enough. They played a good game. But I think the majority of us, especially us fantasy players, were expecting more from the 49ers who are one of the more dominating teams in the league right now. And your Giants seem to be a little more unpredictable in performance from week to week.

FBD
10-15-2012, 02:18 PM
:lol: was expecting a lot more from the 49ers, not interceptions & shanked field goals!

samarchepas
10-15-2012, 04:45 PM
If there is a team that is impressing me...its the Redskins (With RG3)
The guy comes back from a concussion after a week and it's like nothing happened :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-15-2012, 06:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZoCLZ.jpg

RBP
10-15-2012, 06:12 PM
:racist:

PorkChopSandwiches
10-15-2012, 06:13 PM
:dance:

DemonGeminiX
10-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Shit! Ray Lewis is out for the season.

deebakes
10-16-2012, 03:14 AM
that's too bad, i like that dude :sad2:

DemonGeminiX
10-16-2012, 03:17 AM
They're talking about him retiring. He didn't say it, but they said they wouldn't blame him if he went out after this.

Dude's been in the league since '96.

deebakes
10-16-2012, 03:38 AM
They're talking about him retiring. He didn't say it, but they said they wouldn't blame him if he went out after this.

Dude's been in the league since '96.

guess i missed what happened. what's the damage? :-k

DemonGeminiX
10-16-2012, 03:53 AM
He tore his tricep.

deebakes
10-16-2012, 04:11 AM
and thinking about retiring? he'll be back :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-16-2012, 10:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5kpPy.jpg

DemonGeminiX
10-16-2012, 09:42 PM
The Eagles fired defense coach Juan Castillo.

DemonGeminiX
10-19-2012, 02:57 AM
Am I the only one watching this game?

deebakes
10-19-2012, 03:00 AM
there's a game? :shock:

DemonGeminiX
10-19-2012, 03:03 AM
Uh, yeah. Seattle @ San Francisco.

deebakes
10-19-2012, 03:03 AM
i went through with my plan and reversed all of my pics this week :lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-19-2012, 03:07 AM
Really? I didn't even pay attention. I just picked randomly and assigned point totals to them. I found out around halftime that I picked Seattle on the point spread for 10 points.

deebakes
10-19-2012, 03:09 AM
yep :lol:

DemonGeminiX
10-19-2012, 03:14 AM
Now I wish I hadn't looked.

:lol:

Leefro
10-21-2012, 11:54 PM
Just been on the old Twitter and there is a bit of slagging off of Sanchez and why Tebow is not playing

Anyone know ?

deebakes
10-21-2012, 11:55 PM
tebow isn't any better :idk:

samarchepas
10-22-2012, 07:10 AM
tebow isn't any better :idk:

This. :lol: Tebow is good when it comes to running with the ball...not so good throwing it.
And because Sanchez ain't doing as bad as he was the beginning of the season.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-26-2012, 01:04 PM
ESPN

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Tim Tebow's time on the bench has changed the perception of him among his peers.

Five months after being named one of the top 100 players in the NFL, the New York Jets' backup quarterback was voted the most overrated player in the league -- in a landslide -- based on a Sports Illustrated poll released this week.

A total of 180 players voted in the survey, with 34 percent naming Tebow. How's this for a twist? Jets starter Mark Sanchez finished tied for second, receiving 8 percent of the votes. Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo also got 8 percent.

At least Tebow can say he's ahead of Sanchez in one category.

Coach Rex Ryan was asked about the poll, and it left him in an unfamiliar position -- almost speechless.

"Wow, what are you going to say?" he said, laughing. "I don't know how to comment on that. I just know I'm happy they're on my football team -- on our football team. Seems like the Jets always get something, you know?"

It's remarkable how quickly things change in the NFL. In May, the NFL Network released its player poll of the top 100, with Tebow in the No. 95 spot. He was coming off a playoff appearance with the Denver Broncos, whom he rallied from a 1-4 start.

Tebow was traded to New York, where he has yet to play a significant role on offense -- only 55 total snaps. He has made most of his important plays on special teams as the personal protector on the punt team. Running twice and throwing once with Tebow as the up-back, the Jets are 3-for-3 on fake punts.

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick finished fourth on the list with 4 percent of the players' votes, while Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis (3 percent) was fifth.

DemonGeminiX
10-26-2012, 01:15 PM

Ya think?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-29-2012, 11:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3DQ6L.jpg

Acid Trip
10-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Exactly how shitty does Romo have to play before the Cowboys find a new quarterback?

I made $200 betting someone that Romo would throw at least 2 picks. That's how much faith I have in his sorry ass.

FBD
10-29-2012, 02:54 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ballardtd.gif

RBP
11-05-2012, 04:41 AM
Good game tonight.

deebakes
11-06-2012, 02:15 AM
:manning:

DemonGeminiX
11-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Everyone in Philly was bitching about Vick, saying Andy Reid should bench him and play Foles instead. Give Foles a chance! Give Foles a chance! Well, Vick's now out with a concussion and Foles is in and he sucks. Congrats, Philly. You got what you wanted. Should've been more careful with your wishes.

RBP
11-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Everyone in Philly was bitching about Vick, saying Andy Reid should bench him and play Foles instead. Give Foles a chance! Give Foles a chance! Well, Vick's now out with a concussion and Foles is in and he sucks. Congrats, Philly. You got what you wanted. Should've been more careful with your wishes.

You might want to teach the punter how to make a tackle too. ;)

DemonGeminiX
11-12-2012, 12:13 AM
You might want to teach the punter how to make a tackle too. ;)

:hand:

Punters don't tackle.

RBP
11-12-2012, 12:14 AM
:hand:

Punters don't tackle.

Not on the Eagles apparently :lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-12-2012, 12:19 AM

[-(

If punters could tackle, they'd play on the defense instead.

DemonGeminiX
11-12-2012, 12:38 AM
Reid's gone. There's no way Jeff Lurie's going to forgive this.

RBP
11-12-2012, 03:10 AM
First half. :meh:

RBP
11-12-2012, 03:15 AM

So do you sit Vick then? He's gone too I would assume.

RBP
11-12-2012, 04:40 AM
2nd half :meh:

No offense!

DemonGeminiX
11-12-2012, 08:45 AM
So do you sit Vick then? He's gone too I would assume.

He's out with a concussion. Foles is all we got. If Foles doesn't get better and Vick is cleared to play later, I'd put him back in.

What else can you do? Get a late season acquisition at quarterback? Ask McNabb to come back for one last hurrah?

I feel bad for Andy. His son died at the facilities before preseason began. Things just aren't going the way they should be. All of this has to be hard for him to swallow.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-12-2012, 11:23 AM

:lmao:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-12-2012, 11:25 AM

Winners/losers: Reid appears safe for now (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--week-10-winners-losers--source-expects-eagles-to-stick-with-andy-reid-despite-five-game-losing-streak.html)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-12-2012, 11:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/JYoqw.jpg

FBD
11-12-2012, 12:44 PM
[-(

If punters could tackle, they'd play on the defense instead.

:lol: that part of the job is almost as important as a good kick, as punter you are usually last in the line of defense. I used to punt when I played and my coaches always told me you *ALWAYS* make sure you are focused on the play all the way to the end and make damn sure you are there for the tackle if they get by your pals.

KevinD
11-12-2012, 01:20 PM
2nd half :meh:

No offense!

Nah, we just had a really good defense show up.

FBD
11-12-2012, 03:32 PM
yup, the cowboys D line made the eagles O line look like kids. I had to laugh at the headline I saw saying romo's 2 TDs leads cowboys to victory....uhh how about cowboy's 2 defensive TDs leading them to victory :lol:

KevinD
11-12-2012, 04:39 PM
yup, the cowboys D line made the eagles O line look like kids. I had to laugh at the headline I saw saying romo's 2 TDs leads cowboys to victory....uhh how about cowboy's 2 defensive TDs leading them to victory :lol:
I was actually talking of the Texans/Bears game. lol

To say that I dislike the Cowboys is like saying Rosie O'Donald never passed up a jelly roll.

FBD
11-12-2012, 05:46 PM
I was actually talking of the Texans/Bears game. lol

To say that I dislike the Cowboys is like saying Rosie O'Donald never passed up a jelly roll.

:lol: aww man, what'd too tall jones ever do to you?

or is it Jerry...or romo... :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-12-2012, 05:47 PM
:lol: aww man, what'd too tall jones ever do to you?

or is it Jerry...or romo... :dance:

:-s

How many Super Bowls has he won? Or even been to? :-k

Most overrated "elite" QB in the entire NFL

samarchepas
11-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Cutler,Vick,Big Ben,Smith all got injured in the same week...could possibly cause a mess for their respective teams :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2012, 02:10 PM
USA Today

http://i.imgur.com/Lnvpg.jpg

NEW YORK - On Tuesday, Tim Tebow spent his off day promoting Tivo. Following a report in Wednesday's New York Daily News, Tebow may want to turn off his television for the rest of the week.

The story sampled more than a dozen Jets players and members of the organization on Tebow's readiness as a starting quarterback and the feedback was not very positive.

"He's terrible," a defensive starter told the paper.

And it wasn't just anonymous players criticizing Tebow, who hasn't been able to summon the magic he found in leading Denver on a playoff run last season in New York.

"It's not even close," guard Matt Slauson said when comparing Tebow to starter Mark Sanchez, who has a league worst 52 percent completion rate. "All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don't really have a choice. We have Greg [McElroy, the team's third-string quarterback] . . . and we have an athlete."

Tebow's teammates weren't the only ones doubting him on Tuesday. In an interview on WFAN, Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw said the Jets made a huge mistake in trading for the former Heisman winner.

"They were never satisfied. For whatever reason, they had to have Tim Tebow. Huge mistake. His body of work in Denver didn't warrant the fact that he came to the Jets - look at the chaos that it's created. People wanting this guy to play," Bradshaw said. "I don't know him, but he just can't play."

It ought to be quite an interesting scene when the team's locker room opens after practice Wednesday afternoon.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2012, 02:11 PM
:lmao:

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2012, 03:19 AM
Mike Ditka had a stroke?

:shock:

RBP
11-18-2012, 04:45 AM
Mike Ditka had a stroke?

:shock:

I heard that!

deebakes
11-18-2012, 05:01 AM
:wank: ?

RBP
11-18-2012, 05:15 AM
:wank: ?

:stroke:

see? different.

deebakes
11-18-2012, 05:16 AM
potato, potatoe :idk:

RBP
11-18-2012, 05:17 AM
:-s Cutler's out. :|

deebakes
11-18-2012, 05:17 AM
:dance::cheerlead:

RBP
11-18-2012, 05:21 AM
Deja Vu

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2012, 05:33 AM
:-s Cutler's out. :|

So's Vick and Rothlisberger.

RBP
11-18-2012, 05:39 AM
So's Vick and Rothlisberger.

y u no like Foles? :-s

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2012, 05:48 AM
y u no like Foles? :-s

Mostly because he's untested. He's got half a game under his belt in the pros. He may develop into something special, but only time will tell and unfortunately, that's no comfort given the present circumstances.

Granted, the Redskins' defense sucks, but Foles has gotta deal with a shootout with RG3. That man knows how to throw the ball. I'm not entirely sure the Bird's defense is up to the task.

RBP
11-18-2012, 05:53 AM
Yeah but at 3-6 does it really matter for either team?

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2012, 05:56 AM
:-s

It matters to Philly fans.

RBP
11-18-2012, 05:57 AM
Yeah I suppose... I am a cub fan so I understand your argument.

:snap:

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Wow. Jacksonville.

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2012, 08:14 PM
I wonder if they're even gonna bother with Blaine Gabbert now that Chad Henne is doing so well.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Even a white qb can't help Philly

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Even a white qb can't help Philly

He could if he didn't suck.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Philly is the new "factory of sadness"

deebakes
11-18-2012, 08:47 PM
:rip: reid

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2012, 08:47 PM

Factory of sadness.

deebakes
11-18-2012, 08:49 PM
packers kicker needs to be let go after this game...

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2012, 08:50 PM
Mason Crosby?

deebakes
11-18-2012, 08:53 PM
yep...

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2012, 08:56 PM
What happened? I can't watch the Packers game, so I don't know what's going on.

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Might wanna fire the Texans' kicker too.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Granted, the Redskins' defense sucks, ...

Not yesterday against the Pigeons it didn't :nana:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-19-2012, 11:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/S60Ng.jpg

KevinD
11-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Way to knock out an team that's having a bad year. Oh well, 9and 1 is great for us any way.

Acid Trip
11-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Cowboys have their first back to back wins all season. Pretty sad statement considering how far into the season we are.

At least the rest of the NFC East sucks ass this year too.

DemonGeminiX
11-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Way to knock out an team that's having a bad year. Oh well, 9 and 1 is great for us any way.

The Jags played a damn good game.

KevinD
11-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah, they did, and other than the turnovers, Texans offense did a bit better than normal. I was disappointed in the Texans' defense though.

DemonGeminiX
11-20-2012, 01:43 AM
Are either one of these backup QBs any good? Or is this gonna be an exercise in watching a huge amount of suck and fail?

DemonGeminiX
11-20-2012, 02:22 AM
I guess San Francisco's backup QB is better.

deebakes
11-20-2012, 02:57 AM
the other one is jason campbell after all :shrug:

RBP
11-20-2012, 03:05 AM
:rant:

DemonGeminiX
11-20-2012, 03:20 AM

I dunno, guys. I'm thinking San Francisco's backup QB is better than some of the starting QBs for other teams.

RBP
11-20-2012, 04:33 AM
I don't think I have ever rage quit a Bears game before. The play calling and clock management was fucking stupid... why give up like that?!?!

RBP
11-20-2012, 05:13 AM
49ers coach Jim Harbaugh on QB starter next time out, Smith or Kaepernick: We'll see.Tend to go with hot hand.

FBD
11-20-2012, 02:16 PM
I don't think I have ever rage quit a Bears game before. The play calling and clock management was fucking stupid... why give up like that?!?!

:lol: that's a great way to put it

oh well, there's 1:30 left on the clock, let's go hit the showers

Teh One Who Knocks
11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/m9k3q.gif

Defensive play of the year :tup:

Acid Trip
11-20-2012, 04:28 PM
http://i.imgur.com/m9k3q.gif

Defensive play of the year :tup:

That ref was a half second from blowing the play dead too.

DemonGeminiX
11-20-2012, 05:06 PM
That's all kinds of awesome. Better than KFC original recipe awesome.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2012, 11:56 AM
http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/6074/b30b995a352fea21210f6a7.jpg

6 in a row! :cheers:

RBP
11-27-2012, 02:37 AM
I was just about to make fun of the Eagles then they popped one off for 65 and a TD. Nice.

Muddy
11-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Michael Vick will beat yo asss.

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2012, 02:44 AM
Michael Vick ain't beatin' nothing but his own meat on the sidelines.

RBP
11-27-2012, 02:44 AM
Like the dog that I am?

RBP
11-27-2012, 02:45 AM
Michael Vick ain't beatin' nothing but his own meat on the sidelines.

So is that fullback a new star?

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2012, 02:48 AM
So is that fullback a new star?

He looks good. Might give Shady some competition. I don't like his history, though. Granted, they're not talking about the circumstances behind him quitting on his college team, but quitting is never good.

RBP
11-27-2012, 02:54 AM
He looks good. Might give Shady some competition. I don't like his history, though. Granted, they're not talking about the circumstances behind him quitting on his college team, but quitting is never good.

I was just passing the TV on my way to a smoke when I saw the play but Gruden was verbally fellating him after that run like he was the new savior of Philly.

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2012, 03:25 AM
Gruden's a pretty play whore. He'll suck anybody's dick when they gain 20+ yards or a TD.

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2012, 03:54 AM
The boy needs to learn how to protect and hang on to the ball.

RBP
11-27-2012, 03:58 AM
and by boy you mean nigger? :rofl:

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2012, 04:03 AM
:huh:

No, he's a kid. He's younger than me by 10+ years.

RBP
11-27-2012, 04:08 AM
don't try to recover you racist. :hand:

:P

I think he looks good but yes he needs to tuck the ball better!

RBP
11-27-2012, 04:57 AM
poor DGX :empathy:

your team sucks.

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2012, 05:07 AM
:nutkick:

RBP
11-27-2012, 05:08 AM
:P well they do... it's ok... you have cheesesteaks.

DemonGeminiX
11-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Cheesesteaks! :woot:

RBP
11-27-2012, 05:09 AM
:dance:

deebakes
11-27-2012, 06:21 AM
:rip: reid

Teh One Who Knocks
11-27-2012, 11:38 AM
poor DGX :empathy:

your team sucks.

Bwahahahahahahahahaha

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Denver mayor, Broncos pursuing Super Bowl bid for 2018, 2019 or 2020
The Denver Post

A goal of NFL fanatic Denver Mayor Michael Hancock's is to bring the Super Bowl to the Mile High City — and steps are being made to do just that.

The Denver Broncos and Visit Denver in late August submitted an application to the NFL's Super Bowl Advisory Committee to bid to host the event in 2018, 2019 or 2020.

"We will pursue it along with Visit Denver," Hancock said in a meeting with The Denver Post editorial board Wednesday. "I think Denver would be head and shoulders above any other city to compete to host a Super Bowl."

Sometime next year, the NFL will name the cities eligible to submit an official bid to host America's most widely watched sporting event .

Already, Minneapolis, New Orleans and Indianapolis have said they are vying for 2018 — the winner of which would be announced at the NFL owners meeting in May 2014.

"This is a very preliminary step," said Richard Scharf, president and chief executive of Visit Denver, the city's convention and visitors bureau. "The (application) is one of those things in the process, to get your foot in the door."

The Broncos and Visit Denver submitted a similar request in 2010 for the 2015 game, which ended up going to Phoenix. But Denver made no formal bid at that time.

Hancock and Scharf said the 2014 game at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., will be a big test as the first outdoor Super Bowl in a cold-weather city.

If that game is a success, Denver wouldn't be such a long shot, Scharf said.

"The New Jersey game is going to tell a good story on how that works in an outdoor venue," Scharf said. "We have daily highs that are above Indianapolis and New York. We are 10 degrees warmer than Indianapolis and 7 degrees warmer than New York in February. That is also our second-driest month of the year. It is not totally out of the question."

Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth said owner Pat Bowlen "has always maintained an interest in bringing the Super Bowl to this community and the great football fans of the Rocky Mountain region. He believes the city of Denver, along with the Broncos, would be excellent hosts."

Hancock's meeting with the editorial board was to review 2012, which has arguably been a successful year for the first-term mayor.

Earlier this month, he saw voters overwhelmingly approve a ballot measure to "de-Bruce" the city's property-tax revenue and bring an additional $44 million to the city's stressed general fund. The 74 percent approval could be seen as a mandate for Hancock, who has had several other successes.

He landed three international flights out of Denver International Airport.

He hired a new police chief who started in 2011 but imposed myriad changes this year.

He saw the passage of a controversial ordinance that banned homeless camping as a way to reduce the numbers of homeless people in the city center.

He was able to announce that the National Western Stock Show, Rodeo & Horse Show would stay in Denver. His team is working with Visit Denver to reimagine what a new stock-show complex could be.

But, of course, all those accomplishments would pale in comparison to scoring a Super Bowl.

Acid Trip
11-29-2012, 02:58 PM
Now trading Tony Romo for any other quarterback. Chiefs quarterbacks need not apply.

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Now trading Tony Romo for any other quarterback. Chiefs quarterbacks need not apply.

I'd say the same thing for Oakland's quarterbacks as well.

FBD
11-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Denver mayor, Broncos pursuing Super Bowl bid for 2018, 2019 or 2020
The Denver Post

A goal of NFL fanatic Denver Mayor Michael Hancock's is to bring the Super Bowl to the Mile High City — and steps are being made to do just that.

The Denver Broncos and Visit Denver in late August submitted an application to the NFL's Super Bowl Advisory Committee to bid to host the event in 2018, 2019 or 2020.

"We will pursue it along with Visit Denver," Hancock said in a meeting with The Denver Post editorial board Wednesday. "I think Denver would be head and shoulders above any other city to compete to host a Super Bowl."

Sometime next year, the NFL will name the cities eligible to submit an official bid to host America's most widely watched sporting event .

Already, Minneapolis, New Orleans and Indianapolis have said they are vying for 2018 — the winner of which would be announced at the NFL owners meeting in May 2014.

"This is a very preliminary step," said Richard Scharf, president and chief executive of Visit Denver, the city's convention and visitors bureau. "The (application) is one of those things in the process, to get your foot in the door."

The Broncos and Visit Denver submitted a similar request in 2010 for the 2015 game, which ended up going to Phoenix. But Denver made no formal bid at that time.

Hancock and Scharf said the 2014 game at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., will be a big test as the first outdoor Super Bowl in a cold-weather city.

If that game is a success, Denver wouldn't be such a long shot, Scharf said.

"The New Jersey game is going to tell a good story on how that works in an outdoor venue," Scharf said. "We have daily highs that are above Indianapolis and New York. We are 10 degrees warmer than Indianapolis and 7 degrees warmer than New York in February. That is also our second-driest month of the year. It is not totally out of the question."

Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth said owner Pat Bowlen "has always maintained an interest in bringing the Super Bowl to this community and the great football fans of the Rocky Mountain region. He believes the city of Denver, along with the Broncos, would be excellent hosts."

Hancock's meeting with the editorial board was to review 2012, which has arguably been a successful year for the first-term mayor.

Earlier this month, he saw voters overwhelmingly approve a ballot measure to "de-Bruce" the city's property-tax revenue and bring an additional $44 million to the city's stressed general fund. The 74 percent approval could be seen as a mandate for Hancock, who has had several other successes.

He landed three international flights out of Denver International Airport.

He hired a new police chief who started in 2011 but imposed myriad changes this year.

He saw the passage of a controversial ordinance that banned homeless camping as a way to reduce the numbers of homeless people in the city center.

He was able to announce that the National Western Stock Show, Rodeo & Horse Show would stay in Denver. His team is working with Visit Denver to reimagine what a new stock-show complex could be.

But, of course, all those accomplishments would pale in comparison to scoring a Super Bowl.

curious how much of a money pit it is....like as compared to the olympics :lol:

Acid Trip
11-29-2012, 06:01 PM
I'd say the same thing for Oakland's quarterbacks as well.

Good point. We should probably rule out all AFC West quarterbacks just to safe.

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2012, 06:46 PM

Tebow might be available. :shifty:

Acid Trip
11-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Tebow might be available. :shifty:

I'm down to try him for a few seasons.

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm down to try him for a few seasons.

Romo's not that bad.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2012, 10:54 PM

Yeah, wouldn't want any of those AFC West quarterbacks at all ;)

http://i.imgur.com/kcw0w.png

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2012, 10:58 PM
I think we're referring to any of the quarterbacks on the chopping block. Peyton's the only one in that division that isn't in any danger of losing his job anytime soon.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2012, 02:21 AM
Oh :doh:

deebakes
11-30-2012, 03:41 AM
:tebow:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2012, 02:16 PM
curious how much of a money pit it is....like as compared to the olympics :lol:

From a new article in the Denver Post:

An analysis of last season's Super Bowl XLVI in Indianapolis showed that an estimated 116,000 visitors descended on the city because of the game. Total gross spending reached $337.2 million in the metropolitan area. Hotels filled up, with occupancy rates topping 99 percent for downtown rooms.

RBP
11-30-2012, 02:19 PM

116,000 people spent $2900 each? :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2012, 02:21 PM
116,000 people spent $2900 each? :-s

On average....have you ever looked into what it costs to go to a Super Bowl? Not just the tix are expensive...

From the same article:

"You have to have enough hotels for people," Kaplan said. "In Indianapolis, it was a real problem. There was severe price gouging. You had rooms at the La Quinta going for $2,000 a night. You had to go out two hours away from the city to find rooms. People were staying in Chicago and South Bend."

RBP
11-30-2012, 02:23 PM
holy shit, that's crazy

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2012, 02:26 PM
I bet a room downtown at a nicer hotel in a Super Bowl hosting city could easily run you $5000 and up

FBD
11-30-2012, 02:30 PM

I knew it was ridiculous for the individual, I was curious how much it costs the locality ;)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-30-2012, 02:31 PM
I knew it was ridiculous for the individual, I was curious how much it costs the locality ;)

I doubt it cost Indy more than $300 million to host the Super Bowl...they didn't need to build anything

Acid Trip
11-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Yeah, wouldn't want any of those AFC West quarterbacks at all ;)

http://i.imgur.com/kcw0w.png

:slap:

Didn't realize he was up for trade :-k

DemonGeminiX
12-03-2012, 03:51 AM
Well, our offense isn't doing too bad, but the D's secondary still sucks.

:meh:

RBP
12-03-2012, 04:02 AM
Tie game huh? just checked the score.

deebakes
12-03-2012, 04:07 AM

DemonGeminiX
12-03-2012, 04:46 AM
Tie game huh? just checked the score.

Ah, damn. Brown dropped the ball again. We probably could've beat them if it weren't for that turnover. But I can't really complain compared to the rest of the shitty season. Right now, I'm just thinking of the remaider of the season as exhibition/auditions for next season.

deebakes
12-03-2012, 06:31 AM
beat the spread :x

Teh One Who Knocks
12-03-2012, 11:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ltrIb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/LceAL.jpg

7 in a row :cheers:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-04-2012, 11:39 AM
So, the Redskins are making the NFC East interesting now :-k

Acid Trip
12-04-2012, 09:50 PM
So, the Redskins are making the NFC East interesting now :-k

Cowboys and Eagles are sucking ass (like usual) but I still can't figure out what is wrong with the Giants. Some games they look like Super Bowl champs and others they look like replacement players.

FBD
12-05-2012, 01:49 PM
when that happens look at the lines. if the other team has a line that can keep up with the giants' lines, then forget about it, they look like shit. if the giants line is better, or significantly better, watch out.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-05-2012, 01:52 PM
It should be interesting to see what the race for MVP will look like this year. I can see a case being made for Manning (out for almost 2 years, having one of the best seasons of his career on a new team) and RG3 will get a ton of run for what he's done in DC. IMO he already has the Rookie of the Year already locked up.

deebakes
12-06-2012, 03:00 AM
what about rookie of the year? how does rg3 beat luck when lucks team is 8-4?

DemonGeminiX
12-06-2012, 06:01 AM
http://www.ibtimes.com/nfl-rookie-year-rg3-luck-wilson-three-player-race-921557

Teh One Who Knocks
12-06-2012, 11:38 AM
what about rookie of the year? how does rg3 beat luck when lucks team is 8-4?

Because RG3 is currently the 3rd rated QB in all of football and Luck is barely in the top 30 at #29

http://i.imgur.com/DN4FW.jpg

deebakes
12-07-2012, 02:52 AM
luck has more yards :idk:

DemonGeminiX
12-07-2012, 03:42 AM
He also has more interceptions with the same number of TDs. I'm thinking we'll have to wait until the smoke clears, see who gets in the playoffs, and how they do there. I don't think RG3's a lock for rookie MVP, just like I don't think Peyton's a lock for league MVP.

Lance, mind posting the link for the page where you got that list from?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-07-2012, 11:22 AM
He also has more interceptions with the same number of TDs. I'm thinking we'll have to wait until the smoke clears, see who gets in the playoffs, and how they do there. I don't think RG3's a lock for rookie MVP, just like I don't think Peyton's a lock for league MVP.

Lance, mind posting the link for the page where you got that list from?

I never said Manning was a lock to win MVP :nono:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

DemonGeminiX
12-07-2012, 12:58 PM
I never said Manning was a lock to win MVP :nono:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

At this point, I don't think anybody is. The MVP is the biggest horseshit popularity contest ever. Whoever the judges deem to be in vogue at that particular moment, that's your MVP. Could have a stellar season, lose once in the playoffs and you're out of contention, but hey, that sucky media darling QB whose team has been carrying him all the way is still in there!

Acid Trip
12-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Either Denver is playing really well or Oakland is worse than I thought.

FBD
12-07-2012, 04:34 PM
or both :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-07-2012, 04:35 PM
MVP: Peyton Manning
Defensive Player of the Year: Vonn Miller
Comeback Player of the Year: Peyton Manning
Coach of the Year: John Fox
Rookie of the Year: RG3

DemonGeminiX
12-07-2012, 10:24 PM
MVP: Peyton Manning
Defensive Player of the Year: Vonn Miller
Comeback Player of the Year: Peyton Manning
Coach of the Year: John Fox
Rookie of the Year: RG3

I get the feeling that you're a little biased there, bub.

deebakes
12-08-2012, 05:00 PM
when do they announce those? we should start a thread of who we think will win :lol:

it's more civil than the death pool thread :)

samarchepas
12-10-2012, 12:56 AM
The Cardinals lost 58-0 against the Seahawks :rofl:

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Guess I predicted that one wrong.

8-[

RBP
12-10-2012, 01:14 AM
dumb bears :sad2:

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Yeah, no offense, but I'm not picking them to win anymore.

RBP
12-10-2012, 01:24 AM
Yeah, no offense, but I'm not picking them to win anymore.

"No offense" is also an accurate way to describe them. I missed the game and haven't heard why Cutler wasn't playing at the end (caught the last minute on break). :-k

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Looks like it's snowing in Green Bay.

RBP
12-10-2012, 01:36 AM
C'mon Lions!

KevinD
12-10-2012, 02:13 AM
I have a good site that seems to work in many countries. Actually, haven't found anywhere where I couldn't use it as long as the internet connection was good enough. In Dubai watching Green Bay lose to the Lions.

http://www.ilemi.bz/

RBP
12-10-2012, 04:33 AM
stupid Lions. :meh:

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2012, 05:26 AM
It's a freakin' push... not that it would've actually helped.

RBP
12-10-2012, 05:29 AM
I just hate the Packers. :|

samarchepas
12-10-2012, 06:15 AM
I was HOPING that the Lions would win it...but I was realistic with it :lol:
Again with the Cards...they were 4-0...now 4-9 :rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Baltimore loss moves the Broncos to the #2 seed in the AFC pending the outcome of tonite's game :cheers:

KevinD
12-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Even if Texans lose, will be at 11-2, so still 1st, lol

Denver would be tied with New England for 2nd if I'm looking at the standings correctly.

IMHO, Texans HAVE to win tonight in order to have a chance for Superbowl.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2012, 11:57 AM
If New England and Denver end up tied, the tie break goes to the Patriots because they beat Denver earlier this season.

KevinD
12-10-2012, 12:06 PM
I was wondering about that actually. Glad Denver is doing well. Always been a Peyton fan. Wish we had gotten him instead, lol

FBD
12-10-2012, 01:03 PM
The Cardinals lost 58-0 against the Seahawks :rofl:

...my opponent had their D, and I sat Cam Newton :dance:

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2012, 01:06 PM
...my opponent had their D, and I sat Cam Newton :dance:

So... what you're saying is, that you got your butt whooped? Right?

FBD
12-10-2012, 01:56 PM
actually I lost by only 15 points :mad: but it will not affect my #1 status heading into the playoffs :dance:
mf, I sat sproles too :lol:

DemonGeminiX
12-10-2012, 07:03 PM
You guys are starting your playoffs late. Our first week was this one. How many teams are qualifying for your playoffs?

Hal-9000
12-10-2012, 09:09 PM
long story short...supervisor was supposed to go to Vegas last week for a bachelor party....his buddies took him to San Fransisco instead.

He's a huge Bronco's fan and got to go to the game between the Raiders and Denver. He dressed head to toe in Broncos stuff and went to the pregame tailgate party and didn't get killed :lol:

he said it was a blast

samarchepas
12-10-2012, 10:13 PM
long story short...supervisor was supposed to go to Vegas last week for a bachelor party....his buddies took him to San Fransisco instead.

He's a huge Bronco's fan and got to go to the game between the Raiders and Denver. He dressed head to toe in Broncos stuff and went to the pregame tailgate party and didn't get killed :lol:

he said it was a blast
Normally...if you don't talk shit to anyone...you should survive :lol: (Most of the time, when someone gets hurt at a sport event...they started it)

Teh One Who Knocks
12-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Normally...if you don't talk shit to anyone...you should survive :lol: (Most of the time, when someone gets hurt at a sport event...they started it)

Not in Oakland while rooting for the opposition

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Nice of you to show up for the game last night Houston :roll:

KevinD
12-11-2012, 12:26 PM
No kidding. That was pathetic. Games like that are why even though Houston (on paper at least) has had a great years so far, that I can't stand Kubiak as a head coach. He refuses to change his game plan even when it is clearly not working. Another thing is, if have the lead going in to half time in a game, Kubiak will stop doing what was working, and start playing "safe" football calls.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
After this weekends games - Lance's NFL Power Rankings

1) New England
2) Denver
3) San Francisco
4) Houston
5) Green Bay

FBD
12-11-2012, 07:22 PM
I dont see green bay's D being solid enough to carry them too deep into the playoffs this year

DemonGeminiX
12-14-2012, 04:54 AM

Teh One Who Knocks
12-16-2012, 09:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ak8Gz.jpg

9 in a row :cheers:

deebakes
12-16-2012, 09:19 PM

FBD
12-17-2012, 01:45 AM
Seriously, NBC??? You have two fucking channels on broadcast here and you just HAVE to have Obama on goddam BOTH of them?!?! I didnt want to see that chunk of the game anyway :roll:

If I knew that was them I saw driving and clogging up the other way on the highway earlier when I was on my way to dinner, I would have had my middle finger out the window.

Muddy
12-17-2012, 02:53 AM
Don't be a dick, FBD..

Teh One Who Knocks
12-17-2012, 04:26 PM
And now Denver has the #2 seed after the Pats loss last night :cheers: